PDA

View Full Version : Adjustments

dan3ski
12-05-2004, 01:52 PM
The Vikings only need a couple of adjustments to beat the Bears. The first is in the cleats. The Vikings need to switch to longer keets so they stop falling down. Then Culpepper needs to look off the Dee he is locking on his recievers to soon. I do not think Winfield will be back for the second half. Ross needs to get settled down.

muchluv4smoot
12-05-2004, 01:56 PM
"dan3ski" wrote:

The Vikings only need a couple of adjustments to beat the Bears. The first is in the cleats. The Vikings need to switch to longer keets so they stop falling down. Then Culpepper needs to look off the Dee he is locking on his recievers to soon. I do not think Winfield will be back for the second half. Ross needs to get settled down.

I have yet to see Tice be able to make adjustments at halftime. This is one area where denny green was good at, Tice is not.

Calmwind
12-05-2004, 01:58 PM
Looks like Daunte is folding (

VikingsTw
12-05-2004, 02:11 PM
NICE PLAY BY JONSTONE!!!! We have got to get something going on offense some dump offs to wiggins or something.

dan3ski
12-05-2004, 09:35 PM
Well I have been screaming for Tice's head from the end of last season.

DoubleDown11
12-06-2004, 08:57 AM
Tice needs to go, hire Tyrone Willingham!

That play on 4th and 5 when Brain Russel ended up running for a fake punt? That play epitomizes the Vikings coaching staff! I could not agree with you more DAn3ski, Tice must go! Calling him an idiot is becoming a compliment!

uncle tony
12-06-2004, 09:05 AM
I hate to admit it but you guys are right. Tice just dosen't seem to know how to get it done. I think the intensity is there just not the brains.

I'm not sold on a college coach coming in the mix. I think Tyrone Willingham is a good coach but what about Jimmy Johnson? He's always talking about how he likes the vikings team and he's a proven winner. Plus he worked for a owner that's as big of an ass as Red.

snowinapril
12-06-2004, 09:17 AM
"DoubleDown11" wrote:

Tice needs to go, hire Tyrone Willingham!

That play on 4th and 5 when Brain Russel ended up running for a fake punt? That play epitomizes the Vikings coaching staff! I could not agree with you more DAn3ski, Tice must go! Calling him an idiot is becoming a compliment!

I was screaming my head off when I saw them line up. We have one of the most potent offenses in the league. Why do you want to run a risky play when we can get those yards in our sleep (almost).

That is a play that Martz would do because he is crazy.

That is a play you would find on a team that has to resort to that because they don't have the confidence in their Offense or too much confidence in the opposing teams D. :angryfire:

elgordo
12-06-2004, 09:23 AM
I think that Tice must win a playoff game if he is going to keep his job next year. There is no excuse to not win at least one playoff game with a team with this much talent.

Webby
12-06-2004, 09:36 AM
If that fake punt had worked, you all would be overjoyed and saying what a sweet move that was.

AngloVike
12-06-2004, 09:39 AM
"webmaster" wrote:

If that fake punt had worked, you all would be overjoyed and saying what a sweet move that was.

It was worth a try and credit for the Vikes trying something like that - the Vikes have never been known for running trick plays so worth a shot

DoubleDown11
12-06-2004, 09:43 AM
"webmaster" wrote:

sorry webby, I still would have thought Tice is a dumbass.

maybe Tice should have done more chest bumps this week! That is pretty much the only thing he is good at! Tice cannot adjust anything! Maybe if your QB is not getting enough time, run the ball! or try some quick slants! Not that Tyrone Willingham is the answer, but I would take a college coach over Mike Tice!

snowinapril
12-06-2004, 09:52 AM
"webmaster" wrote:

No I wouldn't, trick plays are nothing to get all goey over, especailly when it didn't qualify as a trick play. A trick play is a trick play when it is unexpected. You need to be able to say, I didn't see that coming?

Trust me I still would be upset if it had worked. I think it stems farther than just that play. It is the undisciplined crap that I saw all day. How do you expect these guys to run that play? Things aren't being taught and executed straight across the board.

Bright side: Here is proof of some production yesterday. A Nate TD

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/3219894_7_2.jpg

DoubleDown11
12-06-2004, 10:08 AM
exactly snow-
the fact that the coaching staff even has this play in their Playbook, shows how retarded they are. Nice use of Practice time, maybe between practicing Chest bumps and not taking accountability they should practice adjustments!

ItalianStallion
12-06-2004, 11:24 AM
The fake punt wasn't a bad Idea, if I recall Russell played QB in high school and partially in college. Execution wasn't there though, nobody could get open. Nobody was open all day, but when you can't get open on a fake punt, oh man...