Calmwind
12-05-2004, 01:34 PM
Our 3rd down D is pathetic! Whats up?

Calmwind
12-05-2004, 01:37 PM
Both TDs on a 3rd down! :angryfire: :angryfire:

ultravikingfan
12-05-2004, 01:37 PM
Our D is pathetic, no matter what down it is! This is the crappiest offense in the league!

Calmwind
12-05-2004, 01:39 PM
So is it Ted or crappy execution? They make the crap ass bears look like a leathal O!

vikingtim
12-05-2004, 01:39 PM
that 3rd adn 16...aaarrrrr,,,blitz the damn QB!!!!! without Winfield we need to help our CBs

Calmwind
12-05-2004, 01:42 PM
Its an embarassment! Altho we gave it away twice on the O. But they move on every third down which is killing the D!

ItalianStallion
12-05-2004, 01:42 PM
Our defense is useless, we get no pressure except from Kevin, and can't cover if our lives depend on it.

muchluv4smoot
12-05-2004, 01:53 PM
It's absolutely Ted's fault in my book. Last year we lacked enough talent, yet O'leary did a better job with much less talent. Now we have plenty opf talent in there and our D coordinator can't figure out what to call!

vikez06
12-05-2004, 02:33 PM
our d is abosoutely horrible... ha last place offense in the league and there running all over our asses

vking
12-05-2004, 04:13 PM
Ya its Ted. Why would you quit blitzing? Hutchinson looked pretty shaky when we did. And when we don't blitz the linebackers just stand there and wait.
Damn shake it up a bit, show a littlwe aggressive ness. This is getting very hard to watch. And Tice is starting to piss me off more than ever now. His halftime comment was we need to get after Huthinson more. Well you better get over and tell Mr. C to do that Tice because he's to scared to do it on his own. Chicken shit D just invites the kind of ass kicking we took today, I ask, did you see the Bears standing around and letting us do what we want? Any body knows you better preasure the QB oh except apparently us. Get some damn coaches Macombs this is rediculous.

outcast316
12-05-2004, 04:20 PM
"vking" wrote:

Ya its Ted. Why would you quit blitzing? Hutchinson looked pretty shaky when we did. And when we don't blitz the linebackers just stand there and wait.
Damn shake it up a bit, show a littlwe aggressive ness. This is getting very hard to watch. And Tice is starting to piss me off more than ever now. His halftime comment was we need to get after Huthinson more. Well you better get over and tell Mr. C to do that Tice because he's to scared to do it on his own. Chicken shit D just invites the kind of ass kicking we took today, I ask, did you see the Bears standing around and letting us do what we want? Any body knows you better preasure the QB oh except apparently us. Get some damn coaches Macombs this is rediculous.

Testify

VKG4LFE
12-05-2004, 08:32 PM
3rd and 16, 3rd and 17 converted. TDs on 3rd down. I don't know what the hell they were doing out there! THIS WAS THE WORST OFFENSE IN THE NFL!! COME ON! (I am really pissed right now in case you couldn't tell!!)

cajunvike
12-05-2004, 08:42 PM
"vking" wrote:

Welcome, vking! I would have to agree with you, especially given the fact that it was Hutchinson's first start for the Bears...if a Defense is getting beat consistently on 3rd down, they need to do something different to try and make the big play and get the other team to give the ball back to us...if we don't ANY offense will just march the ball down the field and score on us.

uncle tony
12-06-2004, 09:13 AM
There playing like a bunch of robots. They don't have any heart when it comes down to making a big play. One minute they show life then bang there back in a trance just going through the motions. :scratch:

elgordo
12-06-2004, 09:21 AM
I don't get it either.....If you look at the game, our defense actually played very well on first and second downs. Then they consistantly gave up a first down on third down. Do they play a different defense on third down or do they just like to stay on the field?

snowinapril
12-06-2004, 09:25 AM
Our LBs gave up some key pass plays but played a little against the run. Tackling seemed better.

Or was I just imagining it?????

AngloVike
12-06-2004, 09:34 AM
"elgordo" wrote:

I don't get it either.....If you look at the game, our defense actually played very well on first and second downs. Then they consistantly gave up a first down on third down. Do they play a different defense on third down or do they just like to stay on the field?

There seems to be this mental thing on third down , especially 3rd and long where the D thinks it has done the hard part. At the moment there is not enough of a killer instinct to go after the QB and keep the pressure up. Part of that is the players but a part is also down to the way that the coaches prepare them for situations such as this.

The DL is starting to get some pressure on and KWill and Udeze seem to be starting to gel some more, that can only be good as they play more games together.

We've had this issue off and on for the last 6 six years and not one DC yet has managed to address the problem. Heavens knows when it will happen but the DC that can do it will be revered by Vikes fans for all eternity

SKOL
12-06-2004, 10:41 AM
On his weekly show last night Tice said they will be concentrating on 3rd down situations this week. We can't have the offense having to drive 80 yards every time they get the ball. We need to work with a shorter field. Of course a turnover once in awhile would help too.

ADubya26
12-06-2004, 10:50 AM
I have been saying for us to blitz for a while now..and I dont understand why it is taking this long for an NFL head coach/ NFL defensive coordinator to figure it out as well. Tice needs to get the boot because he is too fickle and coaches like a little kid. What the hell was up with that fake by Russell? Was that SUPPOSED to fake anyone, or did Tice think it would be cool? Ted Cotrell sucks too. We draft and sign defense for like 5 years straight and we are pretty much dead last. We have the talent, they just need to be at the right place at the right time. My hopes for this season are going down the crapper guys, unless I see a drastic change. Green screwed us in 98 and now the coaches have been screwing us ever since

Del Rio
12-06-2004, 11:13 AM
Well as far as the Blitz goes I watched two plays where the blitz was done and we got burnt. And when we get burned on a blitz its a whopper of a burn. But wether they blitz more or not it's up to the coach and he has to disguise it. He doesn't do that very well.

I was surprised we didn't blitz more against the "surfer" QB who really looked good against our D but then again that isn't saying much.

Big Daddy
12-06-2004, 11:20 AM
I know I'm going to catch a bunch of s**t for this but I think we need to leave everything the same and next year the D will be better, but as for this year we are just pathetic. :angryfire:

I know, I know, I can hear you all calling me an dumbass right now :argue: , but hear me out.
Everyone knows it takes longer for a Defense to gel together than it does an Offense, add to that injuries and inexperience and this is what you get. Each year we get a new DC so each year we are having to start all over.

Now finally, I think we have the tallent so the starters could stay the same (that will be a first) so if we keep Ted and let the players work with each other and Ted they might actually have a chance to get use to one another, and that my fellow friends is when we will see improvement. Players will be able to just react and play and not have to think about where and what they are supost to be doing first.

Or I could be totally wrong and just wasted a min. of everyones lives, sorry! :pale:

SKOL
12-07-2004, 12:36 AM
You're right Big Daddy. This is a young defense and it'll be just a matter of time before they gel.

If it wasn't for an injury to Winfield I don't think we'd be talking about a Chicago loss right now. It was no coincidence that duh Bears lit us up AFTER Winfield went out. Due to our lack of quality depth at CB they started running 3 receiver sets.