PDA

View Full Version : Outside criticism is tiresome to Jackson



singersp
11-29-2007, 06:46 AM
Vikings: Outside criticism is tiresome to Jackson (http://www.startribune.com/vikings/story/1579519.html)

By Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune

Last update: November 28, 2007 – 11:14 PM


Tarvaris Jackson, a lifelong sports fan, admits that until this year he would spend his leisure time watching ESPN and perusing sports publications. But the quarterback's roller-coaster season, which to this point has had more downs than ups, has caused him to change those habits.....

Marrdro
11-29-2007, 07:53 AM
"Some people don't really understand what is going on," he said. "They are looking from the outside in. I get mad even when they talk about other people, not just me. When they talk about other guys and they don't really understand what is going on within that team or within that play or just different things. ... It just keeps you from being angry [if you ignore it]."

Preach on TJ, pretty much sums it up for me as well.

PurpleTide
11-29-2007, 08:02 AM
You must have thick skin to play QB in the NFL. TJ, it could be worst, you could be playing in New York. Seriously the local media has been really hard on this young guy, and my hat's off to him for having the intestinal fortitude to keep focused, and get better.

On a side note, it's really unbelievable that this game isn't sold out. WTF, this is a division rival, and a pivital game as we head down the stretch to post season. C'mon people support your team, or you just may lose them.

PurplePowerPunch
11-29-2007, 09:06 AM
Don't worry about those haters T-Jack. Half of those losers never strapped up the pads before, so they can't relate to you, nor football. I'm behind T-Jack 100%

Prophet
11-29-2007, 09:07 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:



"Some people don't really understand what is going on," he said. "They are looking from the outside in. I get mad even when they talk about other people, not just me. When they talk about other guys and they don't really understand what is going on within that team or within that play or just different things. ... It just keeps you from being angry [if you ignore it]."

Preach on TJ, pretty much sums it up for me as well.


I would say the majority of fans use their emotions as the fuel for their thoughts.
Emotional decisions are rarely, if ever, wise.
Hopefully TJack keeps his head up and moves forward.
If successful people, in any profession, would listen to the pessimists they would have accomplished nothing.

Zeus
11-29-2007, 09:09 AM
"Prophet" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:



"Some people don't really understand what is going on," he said. "They are looking from the outside in. I get mad even when they talk about other people, not just me. When they talk about other guys and they don't really understand what is going on within that team or within that play or just different things. ... It just keeps you from being angry [if you ignore it]."

Preach on TJ, pretty much sums it up for me as well.


I would say the majority of fans use their emotions as the fuel for their thoughts.
Emotional decisions are rarely, if ever, wise.
Hopefully TJack keeps his head up and moves forward.
If successful people, in any profession, would listen to the pessimists they would have accomplished nothing.


http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/mengblom/CCblog/200px-Spock.jpg

Thank you, Mr. Spock.

=Z=

Marrdro
11-29-2007, 09:09 AM
Most guys just get upset when the media hacks ping on them.
I liked the fact that he gets upset when people talk bad about the team and his teamates.


Maybe, just maybe, there is a bit more team unity being fostered by the coaches (and not just the Chiller) than some want to admit, especially the guys who were toating, as recently as 2 weeks ago, how the coaching staff (and not just the Chiller) was loosing the team.



That crowd is strangely quiet now isn't it.
::)

Prophet
11-29-2007, 09:19 AM
"Zeus" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:



"Some people don't really understand what is going on," he said. "They are looking from the outside in. I get mad even when they talk about other people, not just me. When they talk about other guys and they don't really understand what is going on within that team or within that play or just different things. ... It just keeps you from being angry [if you ignore it]."

Preach on TJ, pretty much sums it up for me as well.


I would say the majority of fans use their emotions as the fuel for their thoughts.
Emotional decisions are rarely, if ever, wise.
Hopefully TJack keeps his head up and moves forward.
If successful people, in any profession, would listen to the pessimists they would have accomplished nothing.


http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/mengblom/CCblog/200px-Spock.jpg

Thank you, Mr. Spock.

=Z=




As a young kid we played Star Trek and, for some reason, I was always voted to be Mr. Spock.
I think my ears are even pointed.
I've perfected the vulcan death grip.

Marrdro
11-29-2007, 09:21 AM
"Prophet" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:



"Some people don't really understand what is going on," he said. "They are looking from the outside in. I get mad even when they talk about other people, not just me. When they talk about other guys and they don't really understand what is going on within that team or within that play or just different things. ... It just keeps you from being angry [if you ignore it]."

Preach on TJ, pretty much sums it up for me as well.


I would say the majority of fans use their emotions as the fuel for their thoughts.
Emotional decisions are rarely, if ever, wise.
Hopefully TJack keeps his head up and moves forward.
If successful people, in any profession, would listen to the pessimists they would have accomplished nothing.


http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/mengblom/CCblog/200px-Spock.jpg

Thank you, Mr. Spock.

=Z=




As a young kid we played Star Trek and, for some reason, I was always voted to be Mr. Spock.
I think my ears are even pointed.
I've perfected the vulcan death grip.

Note to self.
Don't piss Prophet off, he might really be able to do this.

ultravikingfan
11-29-2007, 09:24 AM
"PurplePowerPunch" wrote:


Don't worry about those haters T-Jack. Half of those losers never strapped up the pads before, so they can't relate to you, nor football. I'm behind T-Jack 100%


LMAO.

Having played football has nothing to do with liking or hating T-Jack.
Even if they have "strapped-up the pads" it would be High School ball most likely which makes this statement even more funny.

Thank goodness I played, I can hate all I want.

Prophet
11-29-2007, 09:28 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"PurplePowerPunch" wrote:


Don't worry about those haters T-Jack. Half of those losers never strapped up the pads before, so they can't relate to you, nor football. I'm behind T-Jack 100%


LMAO.

Having played football has nothing to do with liking or hating T-Jack.
Even if they have "strapped-up the pads" it would be High School ball most likely which makes this statement even more funny.

Thank goodness I played, I can hate all I want.


What are you going to do with your recently purchased game-day crotch-sniffing jock of TJacks that you just purchased on ebay?
It was probably a fake anyway.

Marrdro
11-29-2007, 09:29 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"PurplePowerPunch" wrote:


Don't worry about those haters T-Jack. Half of those losers never strapped up the pads before, so they can't relate to you, nor football. I'm behind T-Jack 100%


LMAO.

Having played football has nothing to do with liking or hating T-Jack.
Even if they have "strapped-up the pads" it would be High School ball most likely which makes this statement even more funny.

Thank goodness I played, I can hate all I want.

The Hammer a Hater?
No way........ You are way to mild mannered my friend to be a true hater. ;D

vikesfargo
11-29-2007, 12:45 PM
It's tiresome to me, too. TJack is doing great.

Troy Aikman has voiced his support for Tarvaris Jackson. (http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/MINNEAPOLIS-MN/KFAN-AM/PADUBAY112607_aikman.mp3?CPROG=PCAST&MARKET=MINNEAPOLIS-MN&NG_FORMAT=sports&SITE_ID=612&STATION_ID=KFAN-AM&PCAST_AUTHOR=KFAN_AM_1130&PCAST_CAT=Sports_Radio&PCAST_TITLE=PA_%26_Dubay_-_KFAN_AM_1130)

Like Aikman says, you've got to give a young quarterback time to develop.

Remember what happened with Rich Gannon? We all thought he was terrible and the Vikings let him go. Then he goes out, becomes a great quarterback, and wins the league MVP award. We should have kept Gannon.

Tarvaris has the toolkit to succeed. As long as he keeps improving a little bit at a time, that's what we want. He has a great potential, and it's fun watching him develop.

Fans and commentators who don't like that are impatient and need to check themselves.

Go TJack!!!!

Garland Greene
11-29-2007, 01:32 PM
Usually most people that get offended in situations like this, there is some truth behind it. What people to stop criticizing you T-Joke? Play better more consistantly and quit whinning in the newspaper. Now all that you have done is prove to all of the peope that criticize you. (Like myself) right.

Why do I criticize? I expect more out of you. Prove me and prove everyone else wrong by your play on the feild in a consistant matter.
Not by whining about it in a newspaper article. And For the record I did play football, until my knees said otherwise in college.
And I coached Jr HS and HS football.
Yes its different and I am sure Ultra agrees but this is where you work with players on some of the basic fundamental skills needed at the positions so that when they get to the college and PRO level. they are able to be successful.

Frostbite
11-29-2007, 02:11 PM
Tuff Titties Cried The Kitties...The Milks Still Good. WAHHHH people are being critical of me!! WAHHHH I make millions of dollars and they want me to perform!! WAHHHH It's tuff being a young QB in the NFL!! WAHHHH How Can I silence the Critics??

How about quit whinning and suck it up and keep making strides in the right direction. The best way to quiet any negativity is with positive results. You are making a lot of progress T.Jack....Keep it up and perform up to the standards you are capable of and most everybody will get on board.

Cheers!

Desertvikingfan
11-29-2007, 02:24 PM
I think the article says a lot about Tjacks' level of maturity at this point, and perhaps his leadership ability. Whiners rarely make good leaders. Excuses like "they don't know what it's like" don't exactly inspire the troops. Hope he grows up soon.

Mikecarter81
11-29-2007, 02:39 PM
"Garland" wrote:


Usually most people that get offended in situations like this, there is some truth behind it. What people to stop criticizing you T-Joke? Play better more consistantly and quit whinning in the newspaper. Now all that you have done is prove to all of the peope that criticize you. (Like myself) right.

Why do I criticize? I expect more out of you. Prove me and prove everyone else wrong by your play on the feild in a consistant matter.
Not by whining about it in a newspaper article. And For the record I did play football, until my knees said otherwise in college.
And I coached Jr HS and HS football.
Yes its different and I am sure Ultra agrees but this is where you work with players on some of the basic fundamental skills needed at the positions so that when they get to the college and PRO level. they are able to be successful.


Please explain to me again why he "owes" you any kind of proof?
All the kid is saying is he doesn't take any of the critics words to heart.
I think its the most mentally healthy thing he can do, you just can't please everone, regardless of your abilities.
Also, for the record I played football too, but thats irrelevant.
I never needed great physical prowess to learn to be respectful to anyone.
Garland Greene, I often wonder if you would have the stomach to call him T joke to his face.



Mike

happy camper
11-29-2007, 02:55 PM
How do you guys get whining from this?

For one, he is talking about a natural progression from bring a fan (watching ESPN and NFL Network) to becoming a professional player and tuning all that out. I would imagine almost every single professional athlete goes through this.

Second, he is talking about criticism on his team, not just him.

V-Unit
11-29-2007, 03:04 PM
"PurplePowerPunch" wrote:


Don't worry about those haters T-Jack. Half of those losers never strapped up the pads before, so they can't relate to you, nor football. I'm behind T-Jack 100%


LMAO, and TJ lovers have?

bleedpurple
11-29-2007, 03:12 PM
"Frostbite" wrote:


Tuff Titties Cried The Kitties...The Milks Still Good. WAHHHH people are being critical of me!! WAHHHH I make millions of dollars and they want me to perform!! WAHHHH It's tuff being a young QB in the NFL!! WAHHHH How Can I silence the Critics??

How about quit whinning and suck it up and keep making strides in the right direction. The best way to quiet any negativity is with positive results. You are making a lot of progress T.Jack....Keep it up and perform up to the standards you are capable of and most everybody will get on board.

Cheers!


Leave it up to some people to take what he said out of context...

tastywaves
11-29-2007, 04:02 PM
Good choice to tune off the NFL analysts TJ.
Their job is to try and convince the impressionable masses (us) what is happening in the game so we don't have to use our own brain to try and figure things out.

They are not looking to base their opinions on reality, just what they can sell.
The only time they are right is when they agree with me, the rest of the time they are idiots.

jkjuggalo
11-29-2007, 05:01 PM
I think that TJ did a great job of handling the questions he was being asked...without whining.
The reporters kept trying to set him up for controversial remarks, but all TJ said was that he doesn't listen to that stuff because half the time people don't really know what is going on with a team or a player.
He stuck up for his teammates, and even defended players on other teams.
Seems like a good teammate to me.
I think the jury is still out on TJ as a NFL starter, but I hope that he becomes a star just to see some of the people in the media and on this site eat their words.

gabe_menendez
11-29-2007, 06:31 PM
Thats stupid to call him jackson T-joke, were suppose to be fans of the vikings, we got to go out there and crush the lions!

PurpleGator
11-29-2007, 07:36 PM
"PurpleTide" wrote:



You must have thick skin to play QB in the NFL. TJ, it could be worst, you could be playing in New York. Seriously the local media has been really hard on this young guy, and my hat's off to him for having the intestinal fortitude to keep focused, and get better.

On a side note, it's really unbelievable that this game isn't sold out. WTF, this is a division rival, and a pivital game as we head down the stretch to post season. C'mon people support your team, or you just may lose them.


Yawn, T-Jack doesn't cost us the game and everybody is behind him.


If he turns out to be really good, I will admit I was wrong.


Since I gave him almost 2 years and was right behind him, I have to say if I jumped off the wagon it was for a good reason.

jkjuggalo
11-29-2007, 08:04 PM
"PurpleGator" wrote:


"PurpleTide" wrote:



You must have thick skin to play QB in the NFL. TJ, it could be worst, you could be playing in New York. Seriously the local media has been really hard on this young guy, and my hat's off to him for having the intestinal fortitude to keep focused, and get better.

On a side note, it's really unbelievable that this game isn't sold out. WTF, this is a division rival, and a pivital game as we head down the stretch to post season. C'mon people support your team, or you just may lose them.


Yawn, T-Jack doesn't cost us the game and everybody is behind him.


If he turns out to be really good, I will admit I was wrong.


Since I gave him almost 2 years and was right behind him, I have to say if I jumped off the wagon it was for a good reason.




Almost 2 years?
How many games did he start last year?
How many games has he started this year?
If you add them up they do not make even one season's worth of games.
From what I have seen his decision making and comfort level seem to be imroving every game.
If he has not improved by week 17 and has not led us to at least an 8-8 record, then we will have reason to "jump off the wagon" and start thinking about a QB repair.

singersp
11-29-2007, 08:08 PM
"PurpleGator" wrote:


"PurpleTide" wrote:



You must have thick skin to play QB in the NFL. TJ, it could be worst, you could be playing in New York. Seriously the local media has been really hard on this young guy, and my hat's off to him for having the intestinal fortitude to keep focused, and get better.

On a side note, it's really unbelievable that this game isn't sold out. WTF, this is a division rival, and a pivital game as we head down the stretch to post season. C'mon people support your team, or you just may lose them.


Yawn, T-Jack doesn't cost us the game and everybody is behind him.


If he turns out to be really good, I will admit I was wrong.


Since I gave him almost 2 years and was right behind him, I have to say if I jumped off the wagon it was for a good reason.




::) Yawn, yet another one who wants an instant superstar QB the minute he steps on the field after spending most of the first year on the bench.

BTW, how are all those first rounder QB's doing that were drafted the same year as T-Jack?

PurpleGator
11-29-2007, 08:17 PM
"jkjuggalo" wrote:


"PurpleGator" wrote:


"PurpleTide" wrote:



You must have thick skin to play QB in the NFL. TJ, it could be worst, you could be playing in New York. Seriously the local media has been really hard on this young guy, and my hat's off to him for having the intestinal fortitude to keep focused, and get better.

On a side note, it's really unbelievable that this game isn't sold out. WTF, this is a division rival, and a pivital game as we head down the stretch to post season. C'mon people support your team, or you just may lose them.


Yawn, T-Jack doesn't cost us the game and everybody is behind him.


If he turns out to be really good, I will admit I was wrong.


Since I gave him almost 2 years and was right behind him, I have to say if I jumped off the wagon it was for a good reason.




Almost 2 years?
How many games did he start last year?
How many games has he started this year?
If you add them up they do not make even one season's worth of games.
From what I have seen his decision making and comfort level seem to be imroving every game.
If he has not improved by week 17 and has not led us to at least an 8-8 record, then we will have reason to "jump off the wagon" and start thinking about a QB repair.


I think if he played the whole year and we finished 7-9.
The same amount of people would say give him a chance.


I think the reason why we haven't won any SB's is because we have given everybody way too many chances.

Mikecarter81
11-29-2007, 08:41 PM
"PurpleGator" wrote:


"jkjuggalo" wrote:


"PurpleGator" wrote:


"PurpleTide" wrote:



You must have thick skin to play QB in the NFL. TJ, it could be worst, you could be playing in New York. Seriously the local media has been really hard on this young guy, and my hat's off to him for having the intestinal fortitude to keep focused, and get better.

On a side note, it's really unbelievable that this game isn't sold out. WTF, this is a division rival, and a pivital game as we head down the stretch to post season. C'mon people support your team, or you just may lose them.


Yawn, T-Jack doesn't cost us the game and everybody is behind him.


If he turns out to be really good, I will admit I was wrong.


Since I gave him almost 2 years and was right behind him, I have to say if I jumped off the wagon it was for a good reason.




Almost 2 years?
How many games did he start last year?
How many games has he started this year?
If you add them up they do not make even one season's worth of games.
From what I have seen his decision making and comfort level seem to be imroving every game.
If he has not improved by week 17 and has not led us to at least an 8-8 record, then we will have reason to "jump off the wagon" and start thinking about a QB repair.


I think if he played the whole year and we finished 7-9.
The same amount of people would say give him a chance.


I think the reason why we haven't won any SB's is because we have given everybody way too many chances.






God your a troll!
The remarcks are rather amusing

LOL, I'm sure limiting chances would of overcome the combined hall of fame talents of Pittsburgh,
Miami, and Oakland in the 70's.
I'm sure less chances would of increased the bodies of our "D" lineman who constantly got blown off the line when playing the Hogs of the Redskin line of the 80's
I could continue, but you get the point.


Mike

Schutz
11-29-2007, 09:03 PM
"Mikecarter81" wrote:


"PurpleGator" wrote:


"jkjuggalo" wrote:


"PurpleGator" wrote:


"PurpleTide" wrote:



You must have thick skin to play QB in the NFL. TJ, it could be worst, you could be playing in New York. Seriously the local media has been really hard on this young guy, and my hat's off to him for having the intestinal fortitude to keep focused, and get better.

On a side note, it's really unbelievable that this game isn't sold out. WTF, this is a division rival, and a pivital game as we head down the stretch to post season. C'mon people support your team, or you just may lose them.


Yawn, T-Jack doesn't cost us the game and everybody is behind him.


If he turns out to be really good, I will admit I was wrong.


Since I gave him almost 2 years and was right behind him, I have to say if I jumped off the wagon it was for a good reason.




Almost 2 years?
How many games did he start last year?
How many games has he started this year?
If you add them up they do not make even one season's worth of games.
From what I have seen his decision making and comfort level seem to be imroving every game.
If he has not improved by week 17 and has not led us to at least an 8-8 record, then we will have reason to "jump off the wagon" and start thinking about a QB repair.


I think if he played the whole year and we finished 7-9.
The same amount of people would say give him a chance.


I think the reason why we haven't won any SB's is because we have given everybody way too many chances.






God your a troll!
The remarcks are rather amusing

LOL, I'm sure limiting chances would of overcome the combined hall of fame talents of Pittsburgh,
Miami, and Oakland in the 70's.
I'm sure less chances would of increased the bodies of our "D" lineman who constantly got blown off the line when playing the Hogs of the Redskin line of the 80's
I could continue, but you get the point.


Mike


LOL, you're comparing T-Jack to Super Bowl caliber teams.
What a troll.

PurpleGator
11-29-2007, 09:06 PM
"Schutz" wrote:


"Mikecarter81" wrote:


"PurpleGator" wrote:


"jkjuggalo" wrote:


"PurpleGator" wrote:





You must have thick skin to play QB in the NFL. TJ, it could be worst, you could be playing in New York. Seriously the local media has been really hard on this young guy, and my hat's off to him for having the intestinal fortitude to keep focused, and get better.

On a side note, it's really unbelievable that this game isn't sold out. WTF, this is a division rival, and a pivital game as we head down the stretch to post season. C'mon people support your team, or you just may lose them.


Yawn, T-Jack doesn't cost us the game and everybody is behind him.


If he turns out to be really good, I will admit I was wrong.


Since I gave him almost 2 years and was right behind him, I have to say if I jumped off the wagon it was for a good reason.




Almost 2 years?
How many games did he start last year?
How many games has he started this year?
If you add them up they do not make even one season's worth of games.
From what I have seen his decision making and comfort level seem to be imroving every game.
If he has not improved by week 17 and has not led us to at least an 8-8 record, then we will have reason to "jump off the wagon" and start thinking about a QB repair.


I think if he played the whole year and we finished 7-9.
The same amount of people would say give him a chance.


I think the reason why we haven't won any SB's is because we have given everybody way too many chances.






God your a troll!
The remarcks are rather amusing

LOL, I'm sure limiting chances would of overcome the combined hall of fame talents of Pittsburgh,
Miami, and Oakland in the 70's.
I'm sure less chances would of increased the bodies of our "D" lineman who constantly got blown off the line when playing the Hogs of the Redskin line of the 80's
I could continue, but you get the point.


Mike


LOL, you're comparing T-Jack to Super Bowl caliber teams.
What a troll.


Amen to that!
;D

I am not saying that T-Jack is the reason we haven't won SB's.


I am saying that the mentality of giving somebody so many chances all the time.


Lets give somebody a chance but dang are we willing to waiste 3 or 4 years for that?


We gave Tice 4 years as head coach and he led us no where.

Mikecarter81
11-29-2007, 09:30 PM
LOL, maybe Schultz, maybe, but perhaps you should keep your nose out of this one and go re read my post!
I was disputing the claim the vikings give certain player to many chance as a reason we lost superbowls, which I found laughable and I beleive defended quite well thank you.

Mike

vikesfargo
11-29-2007, 10:23 PM
"PurpleGator" wrote:


I think the reason why we haven't won any SB's is because we have given everybody way too many chances.




Below is a selected list of players and coaches let go by the Vikings. In my opinion, all on this list were let go prematurely. I'm wondering whether you would have kept any of them.

Players

Fran Tarkenton
(traded to Giants in middle of career)

Chris Doleman (Member of NFL All-90s Team. Left Vikings 1993)

Gary Zimmerman

Todd Steussie

Rich Gannon (NFL MVP 2002)

John Randle (productive years with the Seahawks after leaving Vikes)

Henry Thomas

Mikecarter81
11-29-2007, 10:37 PM
I have to agree with that list VikesFargo.
Also lets add to the list!

Randy Moss

Kirk Lowdermilk

Mike

ultravikingfan
11-29-2007, 10:46 PM
"vikesfargo" wrote:


"PurpleGator" wrote:


I think the reason why we haven't won any SB's is because we have given everybody way too many chances.




Below is a selected list of players and coaches let go by the Vikings. In my opinion, all on this list were let go prematurely. I'm wondering whether you would have kept any of them.

Players

Fran Tarkenton
(traded to Giants in middle of career)

Chris Doleman (Member of NFL All-90s Team. Left Vikings 1993)

Gary Zimmerman

Todd Steussie

Rich Gannon (NFL MVP 2002)

John Randle (productive years with the Seahawks after leaving Vikes)

Henry Thomas




That is deceiving.
Fran came back to lead us to 3 Super Bowls.

marstc09
11-29-2007, 10:50 PM
I thought there was nothing wrong with what TJ said. I think he is very mature and focused on becoming a better QB. I am looking forward to watching him develop. Shake them haters off TJ! I got your back.

vikesfargo
11-29-2007, 11:03 PM
On Fran Tarkenton, I didn't mean it to be deceiving. I don't think it's deceiving because the Vikings could have benefited more by keeping him. Yes, Joe Kapp was also great. I'm just saying, if you've got Fran Tarkenton, you really ought to keep him.

Garland Greene
11-29-2007, 11:12 PM
"Mikecarter81" wrote:


"Garland" wrote:


Usually most people that get offended in situations like this, there is some truth behind it. What people to stop criticizing you T-Joke? Play better more consistantly and quit whinning in the newspaper. Now all that you have done is prove to all of the peope that criticize you. (Like myself) right.

Why do I criticize? I expect more out of you. Prove me and prove everyone else wrong by your play on the feild in a consistant matter.
Not by whining about it in a newspaper article. And For the record I did play football, until my knees said otherwise in college.
And I coached Jr HS and HS football.
Yes its different and I am sure Ultra agrees but this is where you work with players on some of the basic fundamental skills needed at the positions so that when they get to the college and PRO level. they are able to be successful.


Please explain to me again why he "owes" you any kind of proof?
All the kid is saying is he doesn't take any of the critics words to heart.
I think its the most mentally healthy thing he can do, you just can't please everone, regardless of your abilities.
Also, for the record I played football too, but thats irrelevant.
I never needed great physical prowess to learn to be respectful to anyone.

Garland Greene, I often wonder if you would have the stomach to call him T joke to his face.




Mike


He doesn't owe it to me he owes it to everyone. Whio is a follower of the team. So he should not prove to all of us that that he can be a solid QB in the league?
??? Do you even know what you are saying here?
Prove the critics wrong(like myself) wrong by him showing what he can do on the field not in a newspaper.
The football comment was in regards to the haters who never played football.
So they have no idea what they were talking about. As far as calling him T-joke. Why would I want to meet him or say anything to him in the first place?

Mikecarter81
11-29-2007, 11:15 PM
Interestingly people bring up Kapp.
He was good for the Vikings that year, infact won the NFL MVP.
Yet he was a guy not blessed with great physical skills, yet he managed the game well, but was not a stellar thrower or anything, just real gritty.
He also had time to develop.
He was not well liked by the viking media at the time as well.


Yet Kapp was great!
I always thought Ahmad Rashad said it best about Kapp in his book, Vikes Mikes and something on the backside

"Joe was a guy you wouldn't want to mess with, You could hit him with a batt and he would go "aargh, that was a nice shot, boy.. would you like to try that again?"
I always laugh when I read that, Joe must of been one tough SOB.

Mike

Garland Greene
11-29-2007, 11:21 PM
"gabe_menendez" wrote:


Thats stupid to call him jackson T-joke, were suppose to be fans of the vikings, we got to go out there and crush the lions!


So that makes me less of a fan? I don't have the right to be critical of any player that I want as a fan.
So you have never been critical of any player? I doubt it. look around this bord there is criticizm of alot of players and coaches even in Sigs. But I doubt I would call them stupid and not a fan of the team. If I choose to call him T-Joke, T-Jack or what ever I damn well please I will. Sorry you dissagree.

Ltrey33
11-29-2007, 11:25 PM
"Garland" wrote:


"gabe_menendez" wrote:


Thats stupid to call him jackson T-joke, were suppose to be fans of the vikings, we got to go out there and crush the lions!


So that makes me less of a fan? I don't have the right to be critical of any player that I want as a fan.
So you have never been critical of any player? I doubt it. look around this bord there is criticizm of alot of players and coaches even in Sigs. But I doubt I would call them stupid and not a fan of the team. If I choose to call him T-Joke, T-Jack or what ever I damn well please I will. Sorry you dissagree.


IMO, it doesn't make you any less of a fan to call him T-Joke. If you think there is legitimately a case against him to be the quarterback of this team, then you are entitled to that opinion. Just because you don't like a certain player (or the coaches or the owner, etc.) doesn't make you less of a fan.

Being a fan is about rooting for the organization and hoping for the best for everyone invovled, not refraining from criticism where criticism is perceived to be due.

Mikecarter81
11-29-2007, 11:30 PM
"Garland" wrote:


"gabe_menendez" wrote:


Thats stupid to call him jackson T-joke, were suppose to be fans of the vikings, we got to go out there and crush the lions!


So that makes me less of a fan? I don't have the right to be critical of any player that I want as a fan.
So you have never been critical of any player? I doubt it. look around this bord there is criticizm of alot of players and coaches even in Sigs. But I doubt I would call them stupid and not a fan of the team. If I choose to call him T-Joke, T-Jack or what ever I gol 'darnit well please I will. Sorry you dissagree.


Look its all right to be critical, but look we get it!
I mean no offense, but do you ride the short bus, or something?
When its your constant sthick it gets old.

Mike

Garland Greene
11-29-2007, 11:30 PM
"vikesfargo" wrote:


On Fran Tarkenton, I didn't mean it to be deceiving. I don't think it's deceiving because the Vikings could have benefited more by keeping him. Yes, Joe Kapp was also great. I'm just saying, if you've got Fran Tarkenton, you really ought to keep him.


You also have to keep in mind that things like FA and salary Cap are more of a bigger factor on whether a player stays or not, then it was even 10 years ago. Players that stay with a team or have been with a team for their whole career is almost becoming the way of the Dinosuar. How many player son any team have been on the same team their whole career? or for the majority of it At least 8 plus seasons. with the exception of maybe Birk. But then I can't think of a long time player that would probably be here in 2 years. But then again we don't have a lot of players that have been here around at least 8 seasons anyways.

Mikecarter81
11-29-2007, 11:33 PM
Ok you want a list here
goes
Farve
Aikmen
Irvin
E.
Smtih
W. Payton
M Strahan
I. Bruce

Shall we keep going?

Mike

Garland Greene
11-29-2007, 11:37 PM
"Mikecarter81" wrote:


"Garland" wrote:


"gabe_menendez" wrote:


Thats stupid to call him jackson T-joke, were suppose to be fans of the vikings, we got to go out there and crush the lions!


So that makes me less of a fan? I don't have the right to be critical of any player that I want as a fan.
So you have never been critical of any player? I doubt it. look around this bord there is criticizm of alot of players and coaches even in Sigs. But I doubt I would call them stupid and not a fan of the team. If I choose to call him T-Joke, T-Jack or what ever I gol 'darnit well please I will. Sorry you dissagree.


Look its all right to be critical, but look we get it!
I mean no offense, but do you ride the short bus, or something?
When its your constant sthick it gets old.

Mike



So then don't read it. and Quit bitching about it. Sorry you can't handle someone having a opinion that is different than yours.

ThorSPL
11-29-2007, 11:39 PM
"vikesfargo" wrote:


"PurpleGator" wrote:


I think the reason why we haven't won any SB's is because we have given everybody way too many chances.




Below is a selected list of players and coaches let go by the Vikings. In my opinion, all on this list were let go prematurely. I'm wondering whether you would have kept any of them.

Players

Fran Tarkenton
(traded to Giants in middle of career)
Chris Doleman (Member of NFL All-90s Team. Left Vikings 1993)
Gary Zimmerman
Todd Steussie
Rich Gannon (NFL MVP 2002)
John Randle (productive years with the Seahawks after leaving Vikes)
Henry Thomas


Tark came back.
Doleman... won't argue.
Zimmerman - unsure of his post-Vikes production
Steussie - Over rated false-start prone crap lineman.... I hated him, so I'm biased
Gannon - yup, you're right
Randle - He was insanely good here.
He was nothing like he was here once he left... maybe above average from what I remember, but he was an animal while he was here.
Thomas - also unsure of how he did when he left, but he was a good player

Mikecarter81
11-29-2007, 11:43 PM
"Garland" wrote:


"Mikecarter81" wrote:


"Garland" wrote:


"gabe_menendez" wrote:


Thats stupid to call him jackson T-joke, were suppose to be fans of the vikings, we got to go out there and crush the lions!


So that makes me less of a fan? I don't have the right to be critical of any player that I want as a fan.
So you have never been critical of any player? I doubt it. look around this bord there is criticizm of alot of players and coaches even in Sigs. But I doubt I would call them stupid and not a fan of the team. If I choose to call him T-Joke, T-Jack or what ever I gol 'darnit well please I will. Sorry you dissagree.


Look its all right to be critical, but look we get it!
I mean no offense, but do you ride the short bus, or something?
When its your constant sthick it gets old.

Mike



So then don't read it. and Quit bitching about it. Sorry you can't handle someone having a opinion that is different than yours.


I can handle it just fine,
Can you handle answers?
Because I'm confused were you saying your question was rhetorical and did not want an answer, because if so well opps I'm sorry.
I'll leave it at that point.

Mike

Garland Greene
11-29-2007, 11:46 PM
"Mikecarter81" wrote:


"Garland" wrote:


"Mikecarter81" wrote:


"Garland" wrote:


"gabe_menendez" wrote:


Thats stupid to call him jackson T-joke, were suppose to be fans of the vikings, we got to go out there and crush the lions!


So that makes me less of a fan? I don't have the right to be critical of any player that I want as a fan.
So you have never been critical of any player? I doubt it. look around this bord there is criticizm of alot of players and coaches even in Sigs. But I doubt I would call them stupid and not a fan of the team. If I choose to call him T-Joke, T-Jack or what ever I gol 'darnit well please I will. Sorry you dissagree.


Look its all right to be critical, but look we get it!
I mean no offense, but do you ride the short bus, or something?
When its your constant sthick it gets old.

Mike



So then don't read it. and Quit bitching about it. Sorry you can't handle someone having a opinion that is different than yours.


I can handle it just fine,
Can you handle answers?
Because I'm confused were you saying your question was rhetorical and did not want an answer, because if so well opps I'm sorry.
I'll leave it at that point.

Mike


Then what is your point? I am stupid for calling him T-Joke but then you call people rididng the short Bus?
You have done nothing but gone out of your way
several times now to make a point about this. Hmmm Pot meet Kettle...Kettle meet pot.
Way to be a hippoctcrate.

ultravikingfan
11-29-2007, 11:59 PM
"ThorSPL" wrote:



Zimmerman - unsure of his post-Vikes production



He was very good with the Broncos.
Made the Pro Bowl 3 of the 5 years he played there.

Oh, you guys all suck as fans.
;D

Garland Greene
11-30-2007, 12:04 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"ThorSPL" wrote:



Zimmerman - unsure of his post-Vikes production



He was very good with the Broncos.
Made the Pro Bowl 3 of the 5 years he played there.

Oh, you guys all suck as fans.

;D


Zimmerman may of had one of the best post Vikings careers of all time, that I can think of off the top of my head.
Unless you count that draft Picks that we had to give up in The Hershal Walker trade.

And Yeah I am a horrible fan Ultra
Where is that packerpride.org board again anyways
I lost the link and that secreet password you gave me. ;D

FreakinVikingsBaby
11-30-2007, 12:09 AM
I'm officially jumping back on the t-jack bandwagon. I got scared and jumped off after detroit, but I think I'm brave enough to stay on now. Can somebody hold my hand if he throws a pick?

Garland Greene
11-30-2007, 12:12 AM
"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:


I'm officially jumping back on the t-jack bandwagon. I got scared and jumped off after detroit, but I think I'm brave enough to stay on now. Can somebody hold my hand if he throws a pick?


No but I am sure there is a seatbelt for you to use since you are in for a very bumpy ride.

Mikecarter81
11-30-2007, 12:13 AM
"Garland" wrote:


"Mikecarter81" wrote:


"Garland" wrote:


"Mikecarter81" wrote:


"Garland" wrote:




Thats stupid to call him jackson T-joke, were suppose to be fans of the vikings, we got to go out there and crush the lions!


So that makes me less of a fan? I don't have the right to be critical of any player that I want as a fan.
So you have never been critical of any player? I doubt it. look around this bord there is criticizm of alot of players and coaches even in Sigs. But I doubt I would call them stupid and not a fan of the team. If I choose to call him T-Joke, T-Jack or what ever I gol 'darnit well please I will. Sorry you dissagree.


Look its all right to be critical, but look we get it!
I mean no offense, but do you ride the short bus, or something?
When its your constant sthick it gets old.

Mike



So then don't read it. and Quit bitching about it. Sorry you can't handle someone having a opinion that is different than yours.


I can handle it just fine,
Can you handle answers?
Because I'm confused were you saying your question was rhetorical and did not want an answer, because if so well opps I'm sorry.
I'll leave it at that point.

Mike


Then what is your point? I am stupid for calling him T-Joke but then you call people rididng the short Bus?
You have done nothing but gone out of your way
several times now to make a point about this. Hmmm Pot meet Kettle...Kettle meet pot.
Way to be a hippoctcrate.



Ok, fine I'll stop teasing you then, well except for this last little point.
The analogy goes like this
Pot says to Kettle,
Hey your black!
Not pot meet kettle, kettle meet pot!
Now that just doesn't make sense!

Ok, but come on now,
I'm just teasing, just go re read your posts!
All i do was try to answer your questions.
I'm sorry, I suffer from viral smartassness.
Its a horrible affliction, its a dark humor inwhich i'm compelled to point out issues!
DR's bleive someday i may lead asomewhat normal life ;D

Ok I'll stop.. Peace Garland Greene, you can call Tavarias,
T joke or T Jack or even T oilet until your hearts content it won't bother me anymore!

Mike

Garland Greene
11-30-2007, 12:22 AM
"Mikecarter81" wrote:


"Garland" wrote:


"Mikecarter81" wrote:


"Garland" wrote:


"Mikecarter81" wrote:






Thats stupid to call him jackson T-joke, were suppose to be fans of the vikings, we got to go out there and crush the lions!


So that makes me less of a fan? I don't have the right to be critical of any player that I want as a fan.
So you have never been critical of any player? I doubt it. look around this bord there is criticizm of alot of players and coaches even in Sigs. But I doubt I would call them stupid and not a fan of the team. If I choose to call him T-Joke, T-Jack or what ever I gol 'darnit well please I will. Sorry you dissagree.


Look its all right to be critical, but look we get it!
I mean no offense, but do you ride the short bus, or something?
When its your constant sthick it gets old.

Mike



So then don't read it. and Quit bitching about it. Sorry you can't handle someone having a opinion that is different than yours.


I can handle it just fine,
Can you handle answers?
Because I'm confused were you saying your question was rhetorical and did not want an answer, because if so well opps I'm sorry.
I'll leave it at that point.

Mike


Then what is your point? I am stupid for calling him T-Joke but then you call people rididng the short Bus?
You have done nothing but gone out of your way
several times now to make a point about this. Hmmm Pot meet Kettle...Kettle meet pot.
Way to be a hippoctcrate.



Ok, fine I'll stop teasing you then, well except for this last little point.
The analogy goes like this
Pot says to Kettle,
Hey your black!
Not pot meet kettle, kettle meet pot!
Now that just doesn't make sense!

Ok, but come on now,
I'm just teasing, just go re read your posts!
All i do was try to answer your questions.
I'm sorry, I suffer from viral smartassness.
Its a horrible affliction, its a dark humor inwhich i'm compelled to point out issues!
DR's bleive someday i may lead asomewhat normal life ;D

Ok I'll stop.. Peace Garland Greene, you can call Tavarias,
T joke or T Jack or even T oilet until your hearts content it won't bother me anymore!

Mike


Cool,

I want him to be successful, I want him to prove me wrong.
I just belive that he needs to be more consistant and show us by his play on the feild and nothing else. If he starts to show that he can have some more consistancy and start playing at a somewhat
decent level will I start having faith in him?
Probably, until he shows otherwise I have to call it like I see it ;)

Caine
11-30-2007, 12:24 AM
Wow...amazing to see how everyone lost complete control over this issue.


I am not a big believer in Jackson.
But, if you look back, you'll see that I was a very strong advocate of allowing him another season on the sidelines to develop.
I still believe that with another season off the field, we would have a chance to at least get our Receiver corps upgraded and on the same page, THEN Jackson would have had an opportunity to come in and play with some support.

Instead, he has been thrown to the wolves in the passing game.
The only thing saving him is the amazing rushing production of Peterson and Taylor.

So, in my opinion, the Vikes really didn't do him any favors by making him tough it out this season.

HOWEVER,

When you're out in the game, it's up to you to perform.
IMO, Jackson hasn't exactly performed well.
He's had a couple bad games and a couple of average games.
He's thrown a couple of great passes, a bunch of easy passes, and a bunch of bad passes.

Those are on him.


So, is he a crap player?
Destined for the crapper for all time?
I hope not.
But right here, right now, he is not what we need starting.
Unfortunately, what we need starting isn't on our roster.
So, while we're busy throwing Jackson to the wolves, I watch for him to improve his weekly performances...instead, he gets hurt.

This week, he gets to face a team that picked him four times earlier this season.
How will he react?
Will he get gun shy and throw stupid passes no one can catch (like he did the 2 games he played after the last Detroit game?), or will he step it up and compete?

Time will tell.
But, in the meantime, I'm not on the Jackson bandwagon.
I cheer for the guy to do well, but I don't see him as the savior of the franchise.
In order for that to happen, he'll have to show a lot more than he has.
He's taken some steps in the right direction, but there's a lot more he needs to take.

Caine

Garland Greene
11-30-2007, 12:33 AM
"Caine" wrote:


Wow...amazing to see how everyone lost complete control over this issue.


I am not a big believer in Jackson.
But, if you look back, you'll see that I was a very strong advocate of allowing him another season on the sidelines to develop.
I still believe that with another season off the field, we would have a chance to at least get our Receiver corps upgraded and on the same page, THEN Jackson would have had an opportunity to come in and play with some support.

Instead, he has been thrown to the wolves in the passing game.
The only thing saving him is the amazing rushing production of Peterson and Taylor.

So, in my opinion, the Vikes really didn't do him any favors by making him tough it out this season.

HOWEVER,

When you're out in the game, it's up to you to perform.
IMO, Jackson hasn't exactly performed well.
He's had a couple bad games and a couple of average games.
He's thrown a couple of great passes, a bunch of easy passes, and a bunch of bad passes.

Those are on him.


So, is he a crap player?
Destined for the crapper for all time?
I hope not.
But right here, right now, he is not what we need starting.
Unfortunately, what we need starting isn't on our roster.
So, while we're busy throwing Jackson to the wolves, I watch for him to improve his weekly performances...instead, he gets hurt.

This week, he gets to face a team that picked him four times earlier this season.
How will he react?
Will he get gun shy and throw stupid passes no one can catch (like he did the 2 games he played after the last Detroit game?), or will he step it up and compete?

Time will tell.
But, in the meantime, I'm not on the Jackson bandwagon.
I cheer for the guy to do well, but I don't see him as the savior of the franchise.
In order for that to happen, he'll have to show a lot more than he has.
He's taken some steps in the right direction, but there's a lot more he needs to take.

Caine


mark another reality slap on the Board for Caine. Excellent post, and yes time will tell especially on Sunday.