PDA

View Full Version : Another blacout looms - Vikings could go dark on Sunday



singersp
11-28-2007, 08:13 AM
Vikings could go dark on Sunday (http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_7575424?nclick_check=1)

BY DON SEEHOLZER
Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 11/28/2007 12:27:59 AM CST


Is the Vikings' string of 101 consecutive home sellouts about to end?

Articnv
11-28-2007, 08:16 AM
hopeful another company will step up and by
the remain tickets.
After the gaints win i dont think there will be as many left as there was for the raiders game

Vikes_King
11-28-2007, 08:18 AM
Coming off the biggest win of the season.. the return of Adrian Peterson.. a divisional rival match with playoff implications..

and we're threatened with a blackout?
WOW

hx38596
11-28-2007, 09:01 AM
"Vikes_King" wrote:


Coming off the biggest win of the season.. the return of Adrian Peterson.. a divisional rival match with playoff implications..

and we're threatened with a blackout?
WOW


Yeah, what's the deal with that??
Is it a crappy stadium or something? (never been).
Potential playoff on the horizon (this important game with huge implications), return of AD, and no sellout.

With Wilf getting dissed and jacked around with by the locals in an atmosphere of a 'new' NFL, he might just pack up and head out.
Hell, if i could get up there, i would buy a ticket and watch.

tb04512
11-28-2007, 09:03 AM
"Articnv" wrote:


hopeful another company will step up and by
the remain tickets.
After the gaints win i dont think there will be as many left as there was for the raiders game


i hope they dont buy the remaining tickets, i hope that if people arnt gunna buy them then thats their loss

Vikes_King
11-28-2007, 09:09 AM
"tb04512" wrote:


"Articnv" wrote:


hopeful another company will step up and by
the remain tickets.
After the gaints win i dont think there will be as many left as there was for the raiders game


i hope they dont buy the remaining tickets, i hope that if people arnt gunna buy them then thats their loss


what about us die hard fans that are too poor to afford tickets to go to the game and can only watch it on TV?
I don't spend hours & hours a week on this site because i hate the team and don't want to watch the game on sunday.
I'm going to be furious if its not aired.

tgorsegner
11-28-2007, 09:14 AM
"Vikes_King" wrote:


"tb04512" wrote:


"Articnv" wrote:


hopeful another company will step up and by
the remain tickets.
After the gaints win i dont think there will be as many left as there was for the raiders game


i hope they dont buy the remaining tickets, i hope that if people arnt gunna buy them then thats their loss


what about us die hard fans that are too poor to afford tickets to go to the game and can only watch it on TV?
I don't spend hours & hours a week on this site because i hate the team and don't want to watch the game on sunday.
I'm going to be furious if its not aired.


Join the rest of us who aren't im the local viewing area and have to listen to the game via an internet radio stream and hang out in the chat room.

Vikes_King
11-28-2007, 09:16 AM
"tgorsegner" wrote:


"Vikes_King" wrote:


"tb04512" wrote:


"Articnv" wrote:


hopeful another company will step up and by
the remain tickets.
After the gaints win i dont think there will be as many left as there was for the raiders game


i hope they dont buy the remaining tickets, i hope that if people arnt gunna buy them then thats their loss


what about us die hard fans that are too poor to afford tickets to go to the game and can only watch it on TV?
I don't spend hours & hours a week on this site because i hate the team and don't want to watch the game on sunday.
I'm going to be furious if its not aired.


Join the rest of us who aren't im the local viewing area and have to listen to the game via an internet radio stream and hang out in the chat room.


if i live less than an hour & a half away from the Dome & have to listen to it on the radio.. i'm going on a baby punting rampage

Zeus
11-28-2007, 09:19 AM
"Vikes_King" wrote:


"tgorsegner" wrote:


"Vikes_King" wrote:


"tb04512" wrote:


"Articnv" wrote:


hopeful another company will step up and by
the remain tickets.
After the gaints win i dont think there will be as many left as there was for the raiders game


i hope they dont buy the remaining tickets, i hope that if people arnt gunna buy them then thats their loss


what about us die hard fans that are too poor to afford tickets to go to the game and can only watch it on TV?
I don't spend hours & hours a week on this site because i hate the team and don't want to watch the game on sunday.
I'm going to be furious if its not aired.


Join the rest of us who aren't im the local viewing area and have to listen to the game via an internet radio stream and hang out in the chat room.


if i live less than an hour & a half away from the Dome & have to listen to it on the radio.. i'm going on a baby punting rampage


If it's not sold out, you'll be able to find tickets on gameday for $10.

=Z=

Marrdro
11-28-2007, 09:21 AM
"Vikes_King" wrote:


"tb04512" wrote:


"Articnv" wrote:


hopeful another company will step up and by
the remain tickets.
After the gaints win i dont think there will be as many left as there was for the raiders game


i hope they dont buy the remaining tickets, i hope that if people arnt gunna buy them then thats their loss


what about us die hard fans that are too poor to afford tickets to go to the game and can only watch it on TV?
I don't spend hours & hours a week on this site because i hate the team and don't want to watch the game on sunday.
I'm going to be furious if its not aired.

Don't get me wrong, I remember the days of living from pay check to paycheck and know what it is like to live on a tight budget, however, How much do you spend on beer, wings, snacks etc to watch them when you are at home?

Here is the link I used to find tickets both time I came home to see a game.
Some on here as low as $9.00

http://www.ticketliquidator.com/tix/Tickets.aspx?evtid=578342

If I was within driving distance, I would buy a 12 pack, stop at the PPO tailgate, and smack a few down, listen to Z preach and enjoy some fine company then take my 9.00 ticket and go scream my lungs out helping them win.
;D

NodakPaul
11-28-2007, 09:22 AM
"hx38596" wrote:


"Vikes_King" wrote:


Coming off the biggest win of the season.. the return of Adrian Peterson.. a divisional rival match with playoff implications..

and we're threatened with a blackout?
WOW


Yeah, what's the deal with that??
Is it a crappy stadium or something? (never been).
Potential playoff on the horizon (this important game with huge implications), return of AD, and no sellout.

With Wilf getting dissed and jacked around with by the locals in an atmosphere of a 'new' NFL, he might just pack up and head out.
Hell, if i could get up there, i would buy a ticket and watch.


It isn't the stadium, it is the fickle Minnesota fan.
Part of me hopes that it is blacked out and AD breaks his own NFL rushing record in an amazing game over the Lions.
But that wouldn't be fair to the people who really can't afford to go.

Vikes_King
11-28-2007, 09:22 AM
"Zeus" wrote:


"Vikes_King" wrote:


"tgorsegner" wrote:


"Vikes_King" wrote:


"tb04512" wrote:




hopeful another company will step up and by
the remain tickets.
After the gaints win i dont think there will be as many left as there was for the raiders game


i hope they dont buy the remaining tickets, i hope that if people arnt gunna buy them then thats their loss


what about us die hard fans that are too poor to afford tickets to go to the game and can only watch it on TV?
I don't spend hours & hours a week on this site because i hate the team and don't want to watch the game on sunday.
I'm going to be furious if its not aired.


Join the rest of us who aren't im the local viewing area and have to listen to the game via an internet radio stream and hang out in the chat room.


if i live less than an hour & a half away from the Dome & have to listen to it on the radio.. i'm going on a baby punting rampage


If it's not sold out, you'll be able to find tickets on gameday for $10.

=Z=


Yea i know, i'd have to find one of my friends to go with tho.
I don't drive or own a car, so its not that easy ~

Articnv
11-28-2007, 09:23 AM
i get to go to one game a year maybe
2 all i can really afford, by afford i mean
the gas
and parking money required.
If i have to listen it to it on the radio i will be one
angry
vikes fan.
The dome is a loud studim but its not a
very good stadium overall imho.

Marrdro
11-28-2007, 09:25 AM
"Vikes_King" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"Vikes_King" wrote:


"tgorsegner" wrote:


"Vikes_King" wrote:






hopeful another company will step up and by
the remain tickets.
After the gaints win i dont think there will be as many left as there was for the raiders game


i hope they dont buy the remaining tickets, i hope that if people arnt gunna buy them then thats their loss


what about us die hard fans that are too poor to afford tickets to go to the game and can only watch it on TV?
I don't spend hours & hours a week on this site because i hate the team and don't want to watch the game on sunday.
I'm going to be furious if its not aired.


Join the rest of us who aren't im the local viewing area and have to listen to the game via an internet radio stream and hang out in the chat room.


if i live less than an hour & a half away from the Dome & have to listen to it on the radio.. i'm going on a baby punting rampage


If it's not sold out, you'll be able to find tickets on gameday for $10.

=Z=


Yea i know, i'd have to find one of my friends to go with tho.
I don't drive or own a car, so its not that easy ~

That does make it tough.

NodakPaul
11-28-2007, 09:26 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"Vikes_King" wrote:


"tb04512" wrote:


"Articnv" wrote:


hopeful another company will step up and by
the remain tickets.
After the gaints win i dont think there will be as many left as there was for the raiders game


i hope they dont buy the remaining tickets, i hope that if people arnt gunna buy them then thats their loss


what about us die hard fans that are too poor to afford tickets to go to the game and can only watch it on TV?
I don't spend hours & hours a week on this site because i hate the team and don't want to watch the game on sunday.
I'm going to be furious if its not aired.

Don't get me wrong, I remember the days of living from pay check to paycheck and know what it is like to live on a tight budget, however, How much do you spend on beer, wings, snacks etc to watch them when you are at home?

Here is the link I used to find tickets both time I came home to see a game.
Some on here as low as $9.00

http://www.ticketliquidator.com/tix/Tickets.aspx?evtid=578342

If I was within driving distance, I would buy a 12 pack, stop at the PPO tailgate, and smack a few down, listen to Z preach and enjoy some fine company then take my 9.00 ticket and go scream my lungs out helping them win.
;D


You can get them on ebay for <$10 right now too.
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Minnesota-Vikings-vs-Detroit-Lions-Tickets-12-2-07_W0QQitemZ320187518208QQihZ011QQcategoryZ16122QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

NodakPaul
11-28-2007, 09:28 AM
"Articnv" wrote:


i get to go to one game a year maybe
2 all i can really afford, by afford i mean
the gas
and parking money required.
If i have to listen it to it on the radio i will be one
angry
vikes fan.
The dome is a loud studim but its not a
very good stadium overall imho.



Maybe you and Vikes_King can go in on a pair of tickets and take the light rail or MTC into the city.
We would be more than accommodating at tailgating.
Seriously, there is always plenty of food and drink to go around.

Vikes_King
11-28-2007, 09:30 AM
damn.. seeing some PAIRS of tickets go for a coupe dollars.. thats rediculous.. i might have to snag some whether or not its sold out and convince some friends to go...

MNgriff
11-28-2007, 09:31 AM
I agree. I'm a poor student really struggling and I've been to only one regular season game but yet I never miss a game. I have to work every sunday and my boss allows me to watch the game because she knows I wouldn't work sunday if I couldn't. Still I'll listen to the game if I have to and if worst comes to worst I'll scream at a drive chart on a cell phone. This sunday is my first that I will have off in about two years. Perfect timing with that many tickets left ;D Anyone have a pair for sale?
:P

NodakPaul
11-28-2007, 09:31 AM
"Vikes_King" wrote:


gol 'darnit.. seeing some PAIRS of tickets go for a coupe dollars.. thats rediculous.. i might have to snag some whether or not its sold out and convince some friends to go...


Hell yeah!
And then you can come tailgating!

Marrdro
11-28-2007, 09:33 AM
"Vikes_King" wrote:


gol 'darnit.. seeing some PAIRS of tickets go for a coupe dollars.. thats rediculous.. i might have to snag some whether or not its sold out and convince some friends to go...

Thats the spirit.

Articnv
11-28-2007, 09:34 AM
thats sick
bid of 2.95 for a pair of tickets.
the tickets i could afford
the
50 + dollar gas bill
and parking i coudlnt

Marrdro
11-28-2007, 09:35 AM
"MNgriff" wrote:


I agree. I'm a poor student really struggling and I've been to only one regular season game but yet I never miss a game. I have to work every sunday and my boss allows me to watch the game because she knows I wouldn't work sunday if I couldn't. Still I'll listen to the game if I have to and if worst comes to worst I'll scream at a drive chart on a cell phone. This sunday is my first that I will have off in about two years. Perfect timing with that many tickets left ;D Anyone have a pair for sale?
:P

I feel for ya my friend.

I missed many a game floating around on a great big grey thing and now I watch my son miss games because of work.

His boss lets them have a computer on line with game tracker.

tgorsegner
11-28-2007, 09:38 AM
wow, at that price i would go except for the 10 hour each way drive and the fact the gas for that would be in the $100 range minimum. it would be great to see FANS actually buy up those tickets but i doubt that will happen

MNgriff
11-28-2007, 09:43 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"MNgriff" wrote:


I agree. I'm a poor student really struggling and I've been to only one regular season game but yet I never miss a game. I have to work every sunday and my boss allows me to watch the game because she knows I wouldn't work sunday if I couldn't. Still I'll listen to the game if I have to and if worst comes to worst I'll scream at a drive chart on a cell phone. This sunday is my first that I will have off in about two years. Perfect timing with that many tickets left ;D Anyone have a pair for sale?
:P

I feel for ya my friend.

I missed many a game floating around on a great big grey thing and now I watch my son miss games because of work.

His boss lets them have a computer on line with game tracker.

Nice mar. True fans always find a way. I've made up my mind. Blackout or no I'll be at the game sunday. Gonna try and snag a pair of lower level tickets if I can find a price I can work with on the brokers pages. See you guys at the game! Then I'll just drink up paul's beer since he's offering lol ;) Skol!

Marrdro
11-28-2007, 09:56 AM
"MNgriff" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"MNgriff" wrote:


I agree. I'm a poor student really struggling and I've been to only one regular season game but yet I never miss a game. I have to work every sunday and my boss allows me to watch the game because she knows I wouldn't work sunday if I couldn't. Still I'll listen to the game if I have to and if worst comes to worst I'll scream at a drive chart on a cell phone. This sunday is my first that I will have off in about two years. Perfect timing with that many tickets left ;D Anyone have a pair for sale?
:P

I feel for ya my friend.

I missed many a game floating around on a great big grey thing and now I watch my son miss games because of work.

His boss lets them have a computer on line with game tracker.

Nice mar. True fans always find a way. I've made up my mind. Blackout or no I'll be at the game sunday. Gonna try and snag a pair of lower level tickets if I can find a price I can work with on the brokers pages. See you guys at the game! Then I'll just drink up paul's beer since he's offering lol ;) Skol!

Get a few of NP jello shooters and Z's grainbelts (if he makes it) for me.

NodakPaul
11-28-2007, 10:02 AM
"MNgriff" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"MNgriff" wrote:


I agree. I'm a poor student really struggling and I've been to only one regular season game but yet I never miss a game. I have to work every sunday and my boss allows me to watch the game because she knows I wouldn't work sunday if I couldn't. Still I'll listen to the game if I have to and if worst comes to worst I'll scream at a drive chart on a cell phone. This sunday is my first that I will have off in about two years. Perfect timing with that many tickets left ;D Anyone have a pair for sale?
:P

I feel for ya my friend.

I missed many a game floating around on a great big grey thing and now I watch my son miss games because of work.

His boss lets them have a computer on line with game tracker.

Nice mar. True fans always find a way. I've made up my mind. Blackout or no I'll be at the game sunday. Gonna try and snag a pair of lower level tickets if I can find a price I can work with on the brokers pages. See you guys at the game! Then I'll just drink up paul's beer since he's offering lol ;) Skol!


I come equipped with jello shooters every tailgate, and you are more than welcome to several. :)
Now go to the TAILGATING LINK (http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=40005.msg681064;topicseen#new) and add your name to the list!

Zeus
11-28-2007, 10:14 AM
"Articnv" wrote:


thats sick

bid of 2.95 for a pair of tickets.
the tickets i could afford
the

50 + dollar gas bill

and parking i coudlnt


You can find street parking within a few blocks of the dome.
It's $8 for 8 hours on the meter.

Where are you coming from that it takes a full tank of gas?

=Z=

Zeus
11-28-2007, 10:16 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"MNgriff" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"MNgriff" wrote:


I agree. I'm a poor student really struggling and I've been to only one regular season game but yet I never miss a game. I have to work every sunday and my boss allows me to watch the game because she knows I wouldn't work sunday if I couldn't. Still I'll listen to the game if I have to and if worst comes to worst I'll scream at a drive chart on a cell phone. This sunday is my first that I will have off in about two years. Perfect timing with that many tickets left ;D Anyone have a pair for sale?
:P

I feel for ya my friend.

I missed many a game floating around on a great big grey thing and now I watch my son miss games because of work.

His boss lets them have a computer on line with game tracker.

Nice mar. True fans always find a way. I've made up my mind. Blackout or no I'll be at the game sunday. Gonna try and snag a pair of lower level tickets if I can find a price I can work with on the brokers pages. See you guys at the game! Then I'll just drink up paul's beer since he's offering lol ;) Skol!


Get a few of NP jello shooters and Z's grainbelts (if he makes it) for me.


It is not, quite frankly, up to me whether or not I make it, LOL.

=Z=

MNgriff
11-28-2007, 10:27 AM
"Zeus" wrote:


"Articnv" wrote:


thats sick
bid of 2.95 for a pair of tickets.
the tickets i could afford
the
50 + dollar gas bill
and parking i coudlnt


You can find street parking within a few blocks of the dome.
It's $8 for 8 hours on the meter.

Where are you coming from that it takes a full tank of gas?

=Z=

Heck the light rail is $2.50 for a six hour pass. I'll have my girlfriend drop me off and pick me up since I'll be drinking like a fish. Can't go wrong with the prices these tickets are selling for. Some amazing deals on tickets too. I don't think I want nosebleeds but I've seen two LL for 75 or less. That's insane. /head explodes.

Marrdro
11-28-2007, 10:53 AM
"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"MNgriff" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"MNgriff" wrote:


I agree. I'm a poor student really struggling and I've been to only one regular season game but yet I never miss a game. I have to work every sunday and my boss allows me to watch the game because she knows I wouldn't work sunday if I couldn't. Still I'll listen to the game if I have to and if worst comes to worst I'll scream at a drive chart on a cell phone. This sunday is my first that I will have off in about two years. Perfect timing with that many tickets left ;D Anyone have a pair for sale?
:P

I feel for ya my friend.

I missed many a game floating around on a great big grey thing and now I watch my son miss games because of work.

His boss lets them have a computer on line with game tracker.

Nice mar. True fans always find a way. I've made up my mind. Blackout or no I'll be at the game sunday. Gonna try and snag a pair of lower level tickets if I can find a price I can work with on the brokers pages. See you guys at the game! Then I'll just drink up paul's beer since he's offering lol ;) Skol!


Get a few of NP jello shooters and Z's grainbelts (if he makes it) for me.


It is not, quite frankly, up to me whether or not I make it, LOL.

=Z=

I have a word in the big guy to put a staying hand in for ya if it isn't gonna cause any issues.. ;D

Your voice is needed in the 12th man/woman.

Zeus
11-28-2007, 10:56 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"MNgriff" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:




I agree. I'm a poor student really struggling and I've been to only one regular season game but yet I never miss a game. I have to work every sunday and my boss allows me to watch the game because she knows I wouldn't work sunday if I couldn't. Still I'll listen to the game if I have to and if worst comes to worst I'll scream at a drive chart on a cell phone. This sunday is my first that I will have off in about two years. Perfect timing with that many tickets left ;D Anyone have a pair for sale?
:P

I feel for ya my friend.

I missed many a game floating around on a great big grey thing and now I watch my son miss games because of work.

His boss lets them have a computer on line with game tracker.

Nice mar. True fans always find a way. I've made up my mind. Blackout or no I'll be at the game sunday. Gonna try and snag a pair of lower level tickets if I can find a price I can work with on the brokers pages. See you guys at the game! Then I'll just drink up paul's beer since he's offering lol ;) Skol!


Get a few of NP jello shooters and Z's grainbelts (if he makes it) for me.


It is not, quite frankly, up to me whether or not I make it, LOL.


I have a word in the big guy to put a staying hand in for ya if it isn't gonna cause any issues.. ;D

Your voice is needed in the 12th man/woman.


Well, thanks, but ever since God abandoned Jon Kitna and the Lions, I'm not sure if I want Him on my side or not.....He's fairly fickle.

=Z=

Articnv
11-28-2007, 11:07 AM
i would be driving from st cloud

marstc09
11-28-2007, 11:12 AM
"Vikes_King" wrote:


"tgorsegner" wrote:


"Vikes_King" wrote:


"tb04512" wrote:


"Articnv" wrote:


hopeful another company will step up and by
the remain tickets.
After the gaints win i dont think there will be as many left as there was for the raiders game


i hope they dont buy the remaining tickets, i hope that if people arnt gunna buy them then thats their loss


what about us die hard fans that are too poor to afford tickets to go to the game and can only watch it on TV?
I don't spend hours & hours a week on this site because i hate the team and don't want to watch the game on sunday.
I'm going to be furious if its not aired.


Join the rest of us who aren't im the local viewing area and have to listen to the game via an internet radio stream and hang out in the chat room.


if i live less than an hour & a half away from the Dome & have to listen to it on the radio.. i'm going on a baby punting rampage


What town do you live in?

happy camper
11-28-2007, 12:13 PM
Section213
Row14
Seats5 - 6
Description
Upper level seating
Sides of field
Rows 7-16 of upper level

hm, tempting.

Articnv
11-28-2007, 12:33 PM
section 213 si by were the vikings coem out fo the ship.
Tockets i norma ly get are 212 row 8

Vikes_King
11-28-2007, 03:41 PM
"marstc09" wrote:


"Vikes_King" wrote:


"tgorsegner" wrote:


"Vikes_King" wrote:


"tb04512" wrote:




hopeful another company will step up and by
the remain tickets.
After the gaints win i dont think there will be as many left as there was for the raiders game


i hope they dont buy the remaining tickets, i hope that if people arnt gunna buy them then thats their loss


what about us die hard fans that are too poor to afford tickets to go to the game and can only watch it on TV?
I don't spend hours & hours a week on this site because i hate the team and don't want to watch the game on sunday.
I'm going to be furious if its not aired.


Join the rest of us who aren't im the local viewing area and have to listen to the game via an internet radio stream and hang out in the chat room.


if i live less than an hour & a half away from the Dome & have to listen to it on the radio.. i'm going on a baby punting rampage


What town do you live in?


Mankato~

jmcdon00
11-28-2007, 03:49 PM
"Vikes_King" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


"Vikes_King" wrote:


"tgorsegner" wrote:


"Vikes_King" wrote:






hopeful another company will step up and by
the remain tickets.
After the gaints win i dont think there will be as many left as there was for the raiders game


i hope they dont buy the remaining tickets, i hope that if people arnt gunna buy them then thats their loss


what about us die hard fans that are too poor to afford tickets to go to the game and can only watch it on TV?
I don't spend hours & hours a week on this site because i hate the team and don't want to watch the game on sunday.
I'm going to be furious if its not aired.


Join the rest of us who aren't im the local viewing area and have to listen to the game via an internet radio stream and hang out in the chat room.


if i live less than an hour & a half away from the Dome & have to listen to it on the radio.. i'm going on a baby punting rampage


What town do you live in?


Mankato~

Just go to the damn game, tickets are cheap(I havn't spent more than $15 since the packer game) and if you split the gas and parking with someone you really won't spend too much, and who knows you might be in the building when Peterson breaks the rushing record, I was.
But if for some reason something is more important to you than going to a game then fear not, there will be no black out!

Vikes_King
11-28-2007, 03:55 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:


"Vikes_King" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


"Vikes_King" wrote:


"tgorsegner" wrote:








hopeful another company will step up and by
the remain tickets.
After the gaints win i dont think there will be as many left as there was for the raiders game


i hope they dont buy the remaining tickets, i hope that if people arnt gunna buy them then thats their loss


what about us die hard fans that are too poor to afford tickets to go to the game and can only watch it on TV?
I don't spend hours & hours a week on this site because i hate the team and don't want to watch the game on sunday.
I'm going to be furious if its not aired.


Join the rest of us who aren't im the local viewing area and have to listen to the game via an internet radio stream and hang out in the chat room.


if i live less than an hour & a half away from the Dome & have to listen to it on the radio.. i'm going on a baby punting rampage


What town do you live in?


Mankato~

Just go to the damn game, tickets are cheap(I havn't spent more than $15 since the packer game) and if you split the gas and parking with someone you really won't spend too much, and who knows you might be in the building when Peterson breaks the rushing record, I was.
But if for some reason something is more important to you than going to a game then fear not, there will be no black out!


i was there for the San Diego game too, my friend had some amazing tickets and gave me one.
And beleive me i want to, just i dont have too many diehard fans like myself that are willing to drive to a game.
I'm going to be workin on it

MNgriff
11-28-2007, 04:00 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:


"Vikes_King" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


"Vikes_King" wrote:


"tgorsegner" wrote:








hopeful another company will step up and by
the remain tickets.
After the gaints win i dont think there will be as many left as there was for the raiders game


i hope they dont buy the remaining tickets, i hope that if people arnt gunna buy them then thats their loss


what about us die hard fans that are too poor to afford tickets to go to the game and can only watch it on TV?
I don't spend hours & hours a week on this site because i hate the team and don't want to watch the game on sunday.
I'm going to be furious if its not aired.


Join the rest of us who aren't im the local viewing area and have to listen to the game via an internet radio stream and hang out in the chat room.


if i live less than an hour & a half away from the Dome & have to listen to it on the radio.. i'm going on a baby punting rampage


What town do you live in?


Mankato~

Just go to the damn game, tickets are cheap(I havn't spent more than $15 since the packer game) and if you split the gas and parking with someone you really won't spend too much, and who knows you might be in the building when Peterson breaks the rushing record, I was.
But if for some reason something is more important to you than going to a game then fear not, there will be no black out!

What corporate sponsor stepped up this time?

NodakPaul
11-28-2007, 04:04 PM
"MNgriff" wrote:


"jmcdon00" wrote:


"Vikes_King" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


"Vikes_King" wrote:










hopeful another company will step up and by
the remain tickets.
After the gaints win i dont think there will be as many left as there was for the raiders game


i hope they dont buy the remaining tickets, i hope that if people arnt gunna buy them then thats their loss


what about us die hard fans that are too poor to afford tickets to go to the game and can only watch it on TV?
I don't spend hours & hours a week on this site because i hate the team and don't want to watch the game on sunday.
I'm going to be furious if its not aired.


Join the rest of us who aren't im the local viewing area and have to listen to the game via an internet radio stream and hang out in the chat room.


if i live less than an hour & a half away from the Dome & have to listen to it on the radio.. i'm going on a baby punting rampage


What town do you live in?


Mankato~

Just go to the gol 'darnit game, tickets are cheap(I havn't spent more than $15 since the packer game) and if you split the gas and parking with someone you really won't spend too much, and who knows you might be in the building when Peterson breaks the rushing record, I was.
But if for some reason something is more important to you than going to a game then fear not, there will be no black out!

What corporate sponsor stepped up this time?


Nobody yet.
As of this morning there were about 3000 tickets left.
That is a bit high for a TV station to buy out by itself (~$225k worth of tickets).
It all depends on how many tickets are left by noon tomorrow, and whether or not there is a local company willing to partner with Fox to buy them up.

Vikes_King
11-28-2007, 04:13 PM
Even if its not sold out by noon tomorrow i see the NFL granting them the 24 hour extension.. its a division game =

jmcdon00
11-28-2007, 04:14 PM
"MNgriff" wrote:


"jmcdon00" wrote:


"Vikes_King" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


"Vikes_King" wrote:










hopeful another company will step up and by
the remain tickets.
After the gaints win i dont think there will be as many left as there was for the raiders game


i hope they dont buy the remaining tickets, i hope that if people arnt gunna buy them then thats their loss


what about us die hard fans that are too poor to afford tickets to go to the game and can only watch it on TV?
I don't spend hours & hours a week on this site because i hate the team and don't want to watch the game on sunday.
I'm going to be furious if its not aired.


Join the rest of us who aren't im the local viewing area and have to listen to the game via an internet radio stream and hang out in the chat room.


if i live less than an hour & a half away from the Dome & have to listen to it on the radio.. i'm going on a baby punting rampage


What town do you live in?


Mankato~

Just go to the damn game, tickets are cheap(I havn't spent more than $15 since the packer game) and if you split the gas and parking with someone you really won't spend too much, and who knows you might be in the building when Peterson breaks the rushing record, I was.
But if for some reason something is more important to you than going to a game then fear not, there will be no black out!

What corporate sponsor stepped up this time?

None that I know of but if every other time someone has stepped in to make sure the game isn't blacked out, I am sure they will do the same for this one.

NodakPaul
11-28-2007, 04:18 PM
"Vikes_King" wrote:


Even if its not sold out by noon tomorrow i see the NFL granting them the 24 hour extension.. its a division game =\


The Vikings have to show that ticket sales are strong enough to avoid a blackout by the extended deadline in order for the NFL to grant the extension.
Whether or not it is a division game, or even one with playoff implications doesn't matter.

NodakPaul
11-28-2007, 04:21 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:


"MNgriff" wrote:


"jmcdon00" wrote:


"Vikes_King" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:












hopeful another company will step up and by
the remain tickets.
After the gaints win i dont think there will be as many left as there was for the raiders game


i hope they dont buy the remaining tickets, i hope that if people arnt gunna buy them then thats their loss


what about us die hard fans that are too poor to afford tickets to go to the game and can only watch it on TV?
I don't spend hours & hours a week on this site because i hate the team and don't want to watch the game on sunday.
I'm going to be furious if its not aired.


Join the rest of us who aren't im the local viewing area and have to listen to the game via an internet radio stream and hang out in the chat room.


if i live less than an hour & a half away from the Dome & have to listen to it on the radio.. i'm going on a baby punting rampage


What town do you live in?


Mankato~

Just go to the gol 'darnit game, tickets are cheap(I havn't spent more than $15 since the packer game) and if you split the gas and parking with someone you really won't spend too much, and who knows you might be in the building when Peterson breaks the rushing record, I was.
But if for some reason something is more important to you than going to a game then fear not, there will be no black out!

What corporate sponsor stepped up this time?

None that I know of but if every other time someone has stepped in to make sure the game isn't blacked out, I am sure they will do the same for this one.


I wouldn't hold my breath.
This year was the first year since the mid 90's that corporate sponsors have bought out the remaining tickets.
And the only reason the TV stations stepped up was because the money they would make form advertising was greater than the cost of the tickets.
With 3000 tickets left, and a 5-6 team, I don't know if the advertising budget is there or not, especially since ad slots are normally sold a couple of weeks in advance - probably in the week after the GB game for Sunday's game.

DeathtoDenny
11-28-2007, 04:56 PM
I talked to a lady at the ticket office and asked her if people were buying tickets. She said the situation is not as bad as it was for the Oakland game, and the CBS affiliate here bought them out so they could get their advertising dollars. It's just up to if Fox 9 buys out the tickets.

NodakPaul
11-28-2007, 05:04 PM
"DeathtoDenny" wrote:


I talked to a lady at the ticket office and asked her if people were buying tickets. She said the situation is not as bad as it was for the Oakland game, and the CBS affiliate here bought them out so they could get their advertising dollars. It's just up to if Fox 9 buys out the tickets.


That's good news.
I know there were around 2000 tickets that CBS and Miller Lite had to buy out for the Oakland game.
Hopefully that means that they are selling.

SKOL
11-28-2007, 05:31 PM
"DeathtoDenny" wrote:


I talked to a lady at the ticket office and asked her if people were buying tickets. She said the situation is not as bad as it was for the Oakland game, and the CBS affiliate here bought them out so they could get their advertising dollars. It's just up to if Fox 9 buys out the tickets.


The Oakland game was a single game, with postgame show on CBS.
I think this week is a doubleheader weekend on FOX, so there's no additional revenue form a post game show with the local Fox affiliate.
There's less incentive for Fox to purchase tickets.

One good thing though is that the Vikings Television ratings are huge locally, so there's a lot of interest in the Vikings.
Everyone is just spoiled from having them on TV year after year.

DeathtoDenny
11-28-2007, 05:44 PM
I think the rule is if you get blacked out of the first game, you can't see the second game and fox will lose advert dollars on both games. That could be about a $500k loss.

gr8vike
11-28-2007, 05:49 PM
I usually make the drive up from Des Moines but I traded my tickets to the Lions game for Tickets to the Denver game. So that will be a long drive, but it is worth it. Luckily I live in Des Moines so Blackout rules dont apply to me anyway so I will watch the game. Have fun everyone.

PurpleGator
11-28-2007, 05:50 PM
How could that be?
I thought we were SB bound?

What you mean that people are doubting Childress and Zygi?
Nah.... I don't believe that, after all we beat the Giants.

Frostbite
11-28-2007, 05:54 PM
I hope the All Sports Bar here gets this game Sunday?? He usually gets several NFL games on different screens. I will have to call down there and see. I know even if televised we won't get here on Fox local network. We usually only get 49er games and the ever popular PAID PROGRAMING about the Popiel Trunip Twadler or some non-sense item!!

Good news though...I got my tickets for Sunday Dec 9th at Monster park for Vikings VS 49ers....YEAH! I have always tried to go to all Vikings games out here when they play Raiders or 49ers. I'm really excited about seeing the team live this season.

I hope the game Sunday gets televised....Guess we wait and see???


Cheers!

singersp
11-28-2007, 08:53 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:


Here is the link I used to find tickets both time I came home to see a game.
Some on here as low as $9.00
http://www.ticketliquidator.com/tix/Tickets.aspx?evtid=578342

If I was within driving distance, I would buy a 12 pack, stop at the PPO tailgate, and smack a few down, listen to Z preach and enjoy some fine company then take my 9.00 ticket and go scream my lungs out helping them win.
;D


You wouldn't have much fun sitting behind a pillar. That's where most of those seats are. In the "Limited View" section.

The pillars are in row 27. Anything behind that for sale are usually "Limited View" ($9.99 face value) tickets, unless the state otherwise.

singersp
11-28-2007, 08:55 PM
Not only will I be able to watch it in person, I'll be able to tape it as well.
8)

Zeus
11-29-2007, 09:07 AM
I know this was posted as part of a different link (the one about Outside criticism), but this needs to be put in here:

http://www.startribune.com/vikings/story/1579519.html


Blackout on the horizon?

With more than 2,800 tickets remaining for Sunday's game, the Vikings are expected to ask the NFL today for a 24-hour extension of the deadline by which all tickets must be sold or a local television blackout will be enforced.

The deadline is 72 hours before kickoff, or noon today, but the Vikings almost certainly will get an extension until noon Friday to try to reach a sellout. The franchise has not had a game blacked out in the Twin Cities since 1997.

Steve LaCroix, Vikings vice president of sales and marketing, said conversations with corporations about buying blocks of tickets continued Wednesday.

The Vikings have received corporate assistance to sell out three of their five home games this season, but in all three cases, the station carrying the game has purchased a large number of seats. There is a chance Fox-owned KMSP (Ch. 9), which is scheduled to carry the Vikings-Lions game, won't be willing to do that.

=Z=

Marrdro
11-29-2007, 09:11 AM
"singersp" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


Here is the link I used to find tickets both time I came home to see a game.
Some on here as low as $9.00
http://www.ticketliquidator.com/tix/Tickets.aspx?evtid=578342

If I was within driving distance, I would buy a 12 pack, stop at the PPO tailgate, and smack a few down, listen to Z preach and enjoy some fine company then take my 9.00 ticket and go scream my lungs out helping them win.
;D


You wouldn't have much fun sitting behind a pillar. That's where most of those seats are. In the "Limited View" section.

The pillars are in row 27. Anything behind that for sale are usually "Limited View" ($9.99 face value) tickets, unless the state otherwise.

If I wanted to see the game and had limited funds, I would be all over that pillar my friend.
Hell after a few Beasts I can see through pillars.

Vikes_King
11-29-2007, 09:12 AM
so depressing...

Zeus
11-29-2007, 09:12 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


Here is the link I used to find tickets both time I came home to see a game.
Some on here as low as $9.00
http://www.ticketliquidator.com/tix/Tickets.aspx?evtid=578342

If I was within driving distance, I would buy a 12 pack, stop at the PPO tailgate, and smack a few down, listen to Z preach and enjoy some fine company then take my 9.00 ticket and go scream my lungs out helping them win.
;D


You wouldn't have much fun sitting behind a pillar. That's where most of those seats are. In the "Limited View" section.

The pillars are in row 27. Anything behind that for sale are usually "Limited View" ($9.99 face value) tickets, unless the state otherwise.

If I wanted to see the game and had limited funds, I would be all over that pillar my friend.
Hell after a few Beasts I can see through pillars.


After a few Beasts, you're probably ready to marry the pillar.

=Z=

Prophet
11-29-2007, 09:22 AM
Does anyone have the stats on how many times the Vikings have been blacked out?
It seems like never to me, but I haven't lived in Minnesota for over a couple decades.
It just gets old hearing the same bullshit every week when it never comes to fruition.
Or does it?

Vikes_King
11-29-2007, 09:23 AM
"Prophet" wrote:


Does anyone have the stats on how many times the Vikings have been blacked out?
It seems like never to me, but I haven't lived in Minnesota for over a couple decades.
It just gets old hearing the same bullshit every week when it never comes to fruition.
Or does it?


the past 101 games have been "soldout" so they havn't been blacked out.

happy camper
11-29-2007, 01:38 PM
There is tickets left but they are the $75 range. No $40 tickets are left. $75 is out of my range.

I don't want to buy from ebay because buying those do not contribute to the game actually selling out, since those tickets are already sold.

vikingivan
11-29-2007, 01:40 PM
I really thought that after last week they would not have any difficulty selling out this week.

MNgriff
11-29-2007, 01:57 PM
With AD returning and being a division game I wasn't expecting this many tickets to be left. Then again you can go to many ticket brokers and get the tickets at half off or more so why would anyone buy from the vikes?

I think one thing the vikes could do other then making it to the playoffs is stop using ticketmaster and get away from all of the high fees they charge. I feel bad for the guys that may not get a chance to see the game but it's foolish to buy from the team so I'm not going to do it. It's the organizations fault for not catering to the demands of the consumer. All this talk about how the fair weather fans are going to force the organization to move is a joke. To assume that fans should pay more when there is an abundance of tickets available that are cheaper then what the organization is offering is beyond me. Get rid of all the service charges and maybe they'll be a bit more feasible when shipping is included on auction items.

happy camper
11-29-2007, 02:07 PM
I just can't bring myself to buy a pair of tickets for $150+.

Sorry guys, I thought long and hard about it.
:-

vikingTurf
11-29-2007, 02:28 PM
Can;t zygi buy the tickets himself? or rather his CORPORATION ;D

Zeus
11-29-2007, 02:35 PM
"happy" wrote:


I just can't bring myself to buy a pair of tickets for $150+.

Sorry guys, I thought long and hard about it.
:-\


You can get into nice seats in the 2nd deck for a shitload less than $150.00.

=Z=

happy camper
11-29-2007, 02:40 PM
Are you talking about through ebay? I don't want to buy those because those are already considered sold to the Vikings and do not count towards getting the game sold out.

And I looked for tickets in the corner of the endzone for the $40 price range. No luck.

Zeus
11-29-2007, 03:03 PM
"vikingTurf" wrote:


Can;t zygi buy the tickets himself? or rather his CORPORATION ;D


No, he cannot.

=Z=

Zeus
11-29-2007, 03:06 PM
"happy" wrote:


Are you talking about through ebay? I don't want to buy those because those are already considered sold to the Vikings and do not count towards getting the game sold out.

And I looked for tickets in the corner of the endzone for the $40 price range. No luck.


I just found 2 (using TicketMaster) at the $46.00 price in Section 219, Row 20.

=Z=

happy camper
11-29-2007, 03:14 PM
Those must be on the ends of the field.

Zeus
11-29-2007, 04:24 PM
"happy" wrote:


Those must be on the ends of the field.


Yes - end zone, upper-deck.

=Z=

singersp
11-29-2007, 06:58 PM
NFL gives Vikings extension on TV blackout (http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/provider/providerarticle.aspx?feed=ACBJ&date=20071129&id=7876770)

November 29, 2007 3:47 PM ET


The NFL on Thursday granted the Minnesota Vikings an extension until 1 p.m. Friday to sell 2,000 tickets to Sunday's home game. The team must sell the tickets for the game to be televised locally....

PurpleGator
11-29-2007, 08:19 PM
So another 17 hours to sell 2000 tickets.

Can we do it?

SKOL
11-29-2007, 08:36 PM
"PurpleGator" wrote:


So another 17 hours to sell 2000 tickets.

Can we do it?


I'm sure there'll be a corporate buyout.
There's not that many tickets left, and the local Fox affiliate has too much to lose in revenue.

Prophet
11-30-2007, 07:10 AM
"Vikes_King" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


Does anyone have the stats on how many times the Vikings have been blacked out?
It seems like never to me, but I haven't lived in Minnesota for over a couple decades.
It just gets old hearing the same bullshit every week when it never comes to fruition.
Or does it?


the past 101 games have been "soldout" so they havn't been blacked out.


So, it has been more than a decade since the last blackout.
Oh, I can see why this is an issue that is brought up every week.
::)

Marrdro
11-30-2007, 08:00 AM
"Prophet" wrote:


"Vikes_King" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


Does anyone have the stats on how many times the Vikings have been blacked out?
It seems like never to me, but I haven't lived in Minnesota for over a couple decades.
It just gets old hearing the same kaka del rio every week when it never comes to fruition.
Or does it?


the past 101 games have been "soldout" so they havn't been blacked out.


So, it has been more than a decade since the last blackout.
Oh, I can see why this is an issue that is brought up every week.
::)

No, I think its been more than a decade that the corporate buyout plan has failed.

Anyone know how many times that trick has saved the blackout streak?

Zeus
11-30-2007, 08:48 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


"Vikes_King" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


Does anyone have the stats on how many times the Vikings have been blacked out?
It seems like never to me, but I haven't lived in Minnesota for over a couple decades.
It just gets old hearing the same kaka del rio every week when it never comes to fruition.
Or does it?


the past 101 games have been "soldout" so they havn't been blacked out.


So, it has been more than a decade since the last blackout.
Oh, I can see why this is an issue that is brought up every week.
::)

No, I think its been more than a decade that the corporate buyout plan has failed.

Anyone know how many times that trick has saved the blackout streak?


Three.
And all of them are this season.


THAT'S why it's such a big issue every week.

=Z=

Prophet
11-30-2007, 08:51 AM
"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


"Vikes_King" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


Does anyone have the stats on how many times the Vikings have been blacked out?
It seems like never to me, but I haven't lived in Minnesota for over a couple decades.
It just gets old hearing the same kaka del rio every week when it never comes to fruition.
Or does it?


the past 101 games have been "soldout" so they havn't been blacked out.


So, it has been more than a decade since the last blackout.
Oh, I can see why this is an issue that is brought up every week.
::)

No, I think its been more than a decade that the corporate buyout plan has failed.

Anyone know how many times that trick has saved the blackout streak?


Three.
And all of them are this season.


THAT'S why it's such a big issue every week.

=Z=



It happened damn near every week in the pre-Katrina Superdome.
Nobody got their panties in a wad and it sold out.
It just seems like people whining to me.
If that's what needs to be done every week, then let 'em have it.
Get out and buy the tickets.

Zeus
11-30-2007, 09:02 AM
"Prophet" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


"Vikes_King" wrote:




Does anyone have the stats on how many times the Vikings have been blacked out?
It seems like never to me, but I haven't lived in Minnesota for over a couple decades.
It just gets old hearing the same kaka del rio every week when it never comes to fruition.
Or does it?


the past 101 games have been "soldout" so they havn't been blacked out.


So, it has been more than a decade since the last blackout.
Oh, I can see why this is an issue that is brought up every week.
::)

No, I think its been more than a decade that the corporate buyout plan has failed.

Anyone know how many times that trick has saved the blackout streak?


Three.
And all of them are this season.


THAT'S why it's such a big issue every week.


It happened damn near every week in the pre-Katrina Superdome.
Nobody got their panties in a wad and it sold out.
It just seems like people whining to me.
If that's what needs to be done every week, then let 'em have it.
Get out and buy the tickets.


I'm a season-ticket holder, so you're preaching to the freaking choir.
You asked why it was newsworthy - I told you why.


It wasn't newsworthy in NO because it happened all the time.
Take a journalism class sometime, professor.

=Z=

Prophet
11-30-2007, 09:05 AM
"Zeus" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:






Does anyone have the stats on how many times the Vikings have been blacked out?
It seems like never to me, but I haven't lived in Minnesota for over a couple decades.
It just gets old hearing the same kaka del rio every week when it never comes to fruition.
Or does it?


the past 101 games have been "soldout" so they havn't been blacked out.


So, it has been more than a decade since the last blackout.
Oh, I can see why this is an issue that is brought up every week.
::)

No, I think its been more than a decade that the corporate buyout plan has failed.

Anyone know how many times that trick has saved the blackout streak?


Three.
And all of them are this season.


THAT'S why it's such a big issue every week.


It happened damn near every week in the pre-Katrina Superdome.
Nobody got their panties in a wad and it sold out.
It just seems like people whining to me.
If that's what needs to be done every week, then let 'em have it.
Get out and buy the tickets.


I'm a season-ticket holder, so you're preaching to the freaking choir.
You asked why it was newsworthy - I told you why.


It wasn't newsworthy in NO because it happened all the time.
Take a journalism class sometime, professor.

=Z=


lmao, so you deem it newsworthy and I do not.
People just knew that a corporate buy-out was going to happen so they worried about it about as much as Childress cares what teenagers think about the KAO.

Marrdro
11-30-2007, 09:10 AM
"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


"Vikes_King" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


Does anyone have the stats on how many times the Vikings have been blacked out?
It seems like never to me, but I haven't lived in Minnesota for over a couple decades.
It just gets old hearing the same kaka del rio every week when it never comes to fruition.
Or does it?


the past 101 games have been "soldout" so they havn't been blacked out.


So, it has been more than a decade since the last blackout.
Oh, I can see why this is an issue that is brought up every week.
::)

No, I think its been more than a decade that the corporate buyout plan has failed.

Anyone know how many times that trick has saved the blackout streak?


Three.
And all of them are this season.


THAT'S why it's such a big issue every week.

=Z=


A quick search in google and I am not sure that you are 100% correct here.
Seems to have been somewhat of a trend way back then as well.

http://min.scout.com/2/673353.html

Zeus
11-30-2007, 09:18 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


"Vikes_King" wrote:




Does anyone have the stats on how many times the Vikings have been blacked out?
It seems like never to me, but I haven't lived in Minnesota for over a couple decades.
It just gets old hearing the same kaka del rio every week when it never comes to fruition.
Or does it?


the past 101 games have been "soldout" so they havn't been blacked out.


So, it has been more than a decade since the last blackout.
Oh, I can see why this is an issue that is brought up every week.
::)

No, I think its been more than a decade that the corporate buyout plan has failed.

Anyone know how many times that trick has saved the blackout streak?


Three.
And all of them are this season.


THAT'S why it's such a big issue every week.


A quick search in google and I am not sure that you are 100% correct here.
Seems to have been somewhat of a trend way back then as well.

http://min.scout.com/2/673353.html


Right.
You're wrong, by the way.


You said "saved the blackout streak".
The streak dates to 1998.
The corporate buyout fund discussed in the article clearly states that the fund had run out of cash in the mid-1990s.

Since the streak started in 1998, corporate buyouts have been needed 3 times and ONLY 3 times to extend the streak, all this season.

=Z=

Marrdro
11-30-2007, 09:24 AM
"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:






Does anyone have the stats on how many times the Vikings have been blacked out?
It seems like never to me, but I haven't lived in Minnesota for over a couple decades.
It just gets old hearing the same kaka del rio every week when it never comes to fruition.
Or does it?


the past 101 games have been "soldout" so they havn't been blacked out.


So, it has been more than a decade since the last blackout.
Oh, I can see why this is an issue that is brought up every week.
::)

No, I think its been more than a decade that the corporate buyout plan has failed.

Anyone know how many times that trick has saved the blackout streak?


Three.
And all of them are this season.


THAT'S why it's such a big issue every week.


A quick search in google and I am not sure that you are 100% correct here.
Seems to have been somewhat of a trend way back then as well.

http://min.scout.com/2/673353.html


Right.
You're wrong, by the way.


You said "saved the blackout streak".
The streak dates to 1998.
The corporate buyout fund discussed in the article clearly states that the fund had run out of cash in the mid-1990s.

Since the streak started in 1998, corporate buyouts have been needed 3 times and ONLY 3 times to extend the streak, all this season.

=Z=

I guess I am, should have re-worded the question away from the blackout streak.
None the less, seems to be a trend in MN for a heck of a lot longer than just the Wilf era.

Zeus
11-30-2007, 09:26 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:








Does anyone have the stats on how many times the Vikings have been blacked out?
It seems like never to me, but I haven't lived in Minnesota for over a couple decades.
It just gets old hearing the same kaka del rio every week when it never comes to fruition.
Or does it?


the past 101 games have been "soldout" so they havn't been blacked out.


So, it has been more than a decade since the last blackout.
Oh, I can see why this is an issue that is brought up every week.
::)

No, I think its been more than a decade that the corporate buyout plan has failed.

Anyone know how many times that trick has saved the blackout streak?


Three.
And all of them are this season.


THAT'S why it's such a big issue every week.


A quick search in google and I am not sure that you are 100% correct here.
Seems to have been somewhat of a trend way back then as well.

http://min.scout.com/2/673353.html


Right.
You're wrong, by the way.


You said "saved the blackout streak".
The streak dates to 1998.
The corporate buyout fund discussed in the article clearly states that the fund had run out of cash in the mid-1990s.

Since the streak started in 1998, corporate buyouts have been needed 3 times and ONLY 3 times to extend the streak, all this season.


I guess I am, should have re-worded the question away from the blackout streak.
None the less, seems to be a trend in MN for a heck of a lot longer than just the Wilf era.


Not since 1998 - hence the newsworthiness.

=Z=

Prophet
11-30-2007, 09:26 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:








Does anyone have the stats on how many times the Vikings have been blacked out?
It seems like never to me, but I haven't lived in Minnesota for over a couple decades.
It just gets old hearing the same kaka del rio every week when it never comes to fruition.
Or does it?


the past 101 games have been "soldout" so they havn't been blacked out.


So, it has been more than a decade since the last blackout.
Oh, I can see why this is an issue that is brought up every week.
::)

No, I think its been more than a decade that the corporate buyout plan has failed.

Anyone know how many times that trick has saved the blackout streak?


Three.
And all of them are this season.


THAT'S why it's such a big issue every week.


A quick search in google and I am not sure that you are 100% correct here.
Seems to have been somewhat of a trend way back then as well.

http://min.scout.com/2/673353.html


Right.
You're wrong, by the way.


You said "saved the blackout streak".
The streak dates to 1998.
The corporate buyout fund discussed in the article clearly states that the fund had run out of cash in the mid-1990s.

Since the streak started in 1998, corporate buyouts have been needed 3 times and ONLY 3 times to extend the streak, all this season.

=Z=

I guess I am, should have re-worded the question away from the blackout streak.
None the less, seems to be a trend in MN for a heck of a lot longer than just the Wilf era.


They whined about it in the old met days too, i remember a couple games being blacked out.

Zeus
11-30-2007, 02:06 PM
http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/?p=1180


Blackout lifted
November 30th, 2007 – 12:37 PM by Judd Zulgad
The Vikings-Lions game will be shown locally Sunday after the remaining 2,100 tickets were picked up on Friday.

U.S. Bank, SuperClean Brands/Factory Value Parts and KMSP (Ch. 9) combined to buy the remaining tickets, making the game a sellout.

The Vikings got a 25-hour extension on Thursday and announced the sellout at 12:30 p.m. today.

=Z=

lakehubertviking
11-30-2007, 02:17 PM
Thank you to: U.S. Bank, SuperClean Brands/Factory Value Parts.


I'm sure they didn't do it completely out of the goodness of their hearts.
But I'm glad I can watch the game at my house via Slingbox rather than at the bar.

happy camper
11-30-2007, 02:24 PM
I am surprised this game was not a real sellout. I would have bought tickets myself had I not spent over $200 for the Eagles and upcoming Bears MNF game.

The fanbase must not believe in the Vikings chances to make the playoffs.

Vikes_King
11-30-2007, 02:30 PM
"happy" wrote:


I am surprised this game was not a real sellout. I would have bought tickets myself had I not spent over $200 for the Eagles and upcoming Bears MNF game.

The fanbase must not believe in the Vikings chances to make the playoffs.


Minnesota fans are an always have been extremely fickle.. its really sad actually.
A lot of people would be so incredibly happy to have a local NFL sports venue so close to home, yet people take it for granted here.
Especially when its so cheap...
I dont see what peoples problems are, considering how many people watch the game on TV, yet don't think its worth buying the tickets, but they'd be pissed if it got blacked out.
Makes sense huh

DeathtoDenny
11-30-2007, 02:50 PM
The missing tickets were season tickets last year and before that. The Vikings lost a lot of season ticket holders after last year. The letters i've read that get sent to the Metrodome instead of Winter Park always say "I can't support a franchise that trades moss for nothing, loses Culpepper for a division 1-aa QB, hires a terrible coach and GM blah blah blah." People despise Wilf and Childress.

MNgriff
11-30-2007, 03:10 PM
"Vikes_King" wrote:


"happy" wrote:


I am surprised this game was not a real sellout. I would have bought tickets myself had I not spent over $200 for the Eagles and upcoming Bears MNF game.

The fanbase must not believe in the Vikings chances to make the playoffs.


Minnesota fans are an always have been extremely fickle.. its really sad actually.
A lot of people would be so incredibly happy to have a local NFL sports venue so close to home, yet people take it for granted here.
Especially when its so cheap...
I dont see what peoples problems are, considering how many people watch the game on TV, yet don't think its worth buying the tickets, but they'd be pissed if it got blacked out.
Makes sense huh

I've said it before in this thread and I'll say it again. Why would consumers buy tickets directly from the organization when they charge high fees and we can get an abundance of tickets cheaper from brokers. Stop bashing fans and take a hard look at the organization not catering to the consumer. So from your point of view I'm not a good fan because I refuse to pay huge prices and fees for junk tickets? I'll be at the game making as much noise as I can because that's what good fans do. Find a way to get to the game. DO IT.

Vikes_King
11-30-2007, 03:17 PM
"MNgriff" wrote:


"Vikes_King" wrote:


"happy" wrote:


I am surprised this game was not a real sellout. I would have bought tickets myself had I not spent over $200 for the Eagles and upcoming Bears MNF game.

The fanbase must not believe in the Vikings chances to make the playoffs.


Minnesota fans are an always have been extremely fickle.. its really sad actually.
A lot of people would be so incredibly happy to have a local NFL sports venue so close to home, yet people take it for granted here.
Especially when its so cheap...
I dont see what peoples problems are, considering how many people watch the game on TV, yet don't think its worth buying the tickets, but they'd be pissed if it got blacked out.
Makes sense huh

I've said it before in this thread and I'll say it again. Why would consumers buy tickets directly from the organization when they charge high fees and we can get an abundance of tickets cheaper from brokers. Stop bashing fans and take a hard look at the organization not catering to the consumer. So from your point of view I'm not a good fan because I refuse to pay huge prices and fees for junk tickets? I'll be at the game making as much noise as I can because that's what good fans do. Find a way to get to the game. DO IT.


Nope, i'm saying that the vast majority of vikings "fans" are extremely fickle & only like to go to the games if the team is winning or up to their "standards".
Which is sad, since Vikings fans in this day and age have been extremely spoiled.
No we didnt win any (or go to) and Super Bowls or anything like that, but fans got to see the high flying offense of Randy Moss and Dante Culpepper.
Toss in Carter and all the other recent stars, and fans just don't think its worth going anymore.

Vikes_King
11-30-2007, 03:19 PM
And i don't care what justification anyone uses, having to have our sponsors buy our 2000+ or even when it was only 700 or so, 3 or 4 times this season!? thats sad, i don't care how you spin it

MNgriff
11-30-2007, 03:37 PM
You make a great point. It's pretty bad when you secretly hope they'll win out the rest of the games so season tickets sell and the blackout threat doesn't come every week. Sorry to get so defensive, because your points are valid.

duvaldomo
11-30-2007, 03:39 PM
Cmon fans that live in MN, buy them damn tickets! I can careless about seeing the game though since we win our biggest games when I dont watch
:'( (Giants,bears,SD) But I want our players feel better while playing at home. Like Sharper (think it was him) said "The fans make us play better, thats why its a home game" or something similar to that.

happy camper
11-30-2007, 03:39 PM
Do you think if the Vikings had a great stadium and atmosphere, this wouldn't be a problem?

I honestly think the best seat in the house is from my house.

Vikes_King
11-30-2007, 03:42 PM
"MNgriff" wrote:


You make a great point. It's pretty bad when you secretly hope they'll win out the rest of the games so season tickets sell and the blackout threat doesn't come every week. Sorry to get so defensive, because your points are valid.


don't sweat it
:P i agree completely with most of your points as well, i can't afford to buy the face price tickets and gladly grab these cheap ebay tickets when i can.
Its the fair weather fans i can't stand.


I'm one personally that even when we were down by 34 points to the Packers in the 4th i was saying "alright we still got this"

lol

SKOL
11-30-2007, 04:06 PM
"happy" wrote:


Do you think if the Vikings had a great stadium and atmosphere, this wouldn't be a problem?

I honestly think the best seat in the house is from my house.


You're right.
I agree that the best view is from my couch, but we don't go for the view, we go for the atmosphere, which is incomparable.
While I've never lost my voice from my couch, I never leave a game with a voice, and I don't get it back until the next day.



We go to add our support to the team - it makes you feel good to see the opposing QB trying to call an audible and the receivers just have no clue what he's saying, or the OL jumping because they can't hear the QB.

I think the problem with attendance is... 1). we've been under .500 two consecutive seasons,
2). the great majority of fans prefer the view from their couch, 3). It's cheaper, and less hassle to watch from your couch, and 4). people are just spoiled by having the games on TV for 10 consecutive years.
They don't know any better, and don't care to change.
It's great that our TV numbers have never been better, but the couch sitters (at least those in the local market) need to give a little more support to their team.

Vikes_King
11-30-2007, 04:29 PM
"SKOL" wrote:


"happy" wrote:


Do you think if the Vikings had a great stadium and atmosphere, this wouldn't be a problem?

I honestly think the best seat in the house is from my house.


You're right.
I agree that the best view is from my couch, but we don't go for the view, we go for the atmosphere, which is incomparable.
While I've never lost my voice from my couch, I never leave a game with a voice, and I don't get it back until the next day.



We go to add our support to the team - it makes you feel good to see the opposing QB trying to call an audible and the receivers just have no clue what he's saying, or the OL jumping because they can't hear the QB.

I think the problem with attendance is... 1). we've been under .500 two consecutive seasons,
2). the great majority of fans prefer the view from their couch, 3). It's cheaper, and less hassle to watch from your couch, and 4). people are just spoiled by having the games on TV for 10 consecutive years.
They don't know any better, and don't care to change.
It's great that our TV numbers have never been better, but the couch sitters (at least those in the local market) need to give a little more support to their team.



Thats a big one, i finally got to go to my first game this season, which happened to be vs San Diego with perfect seats btw.
The game atmosphere is crazy, i'm not an emotion person when i'm watching the game from my couch, granted i won't let people talk during it if all they do is bitch lol.
I've been to a preseason game last season, but even that is NOTHING compared to that game.
So much fun...

ultravikingfan
11-30-2007, 04:42 PM
Buy them or don't, I don't care.

My fat ass will be watching it either way you fairweather panzies!

;D

clark_griswold
11-30-2007, 04:50 PM
The crazy thing about when this comes out every week is that i swear i tried to buy tickets on ticketmaster for just about every game on the day they were released and there was nothing. It ended up being ok for me because of all the people who are selling them now for less than 1/2 of face value. I think that shows what the problem is though...not enough people who have tickets are actually going to the game so there are way too many available for resale.

Vikes_King
11-30-2007, 05:22 PM
"clark_griswold" wrote:


The crazy thing about when this comes out every week is that i swear i tried to buy tickets on ticketmaster for just about every game on the day they were released and there was nothing. It ended up being ok for me because of all the people who are selling them now for less than 1/2 of face value. I think that shows what the problem is though...not enough people who have tickets are actually going to the game so there are way too many available for resale.

Thats very true, its a big reason why we've had these blackout issues

AngloVike
11-30-2007, 05:25 PM
"Vikes_King" wrote:


"SKOL" wrote:


"happy" wrote:


Do you think if the Vikings had a great stadium and atmosphere, this wouldn't be a problem?

I honestly think the best seat in the house is from my house.


You're right.
I agree that the best view is from my couch, but we don't go for the view, we go for the atmosphere, which is incomparable.
While I've never lost my voice from my couch, I never leave a game with a voice, and I don't get it back until the next day.


We go to add our support to the team - it makes you feel good to see the opposing QB trying to call an audible and the receivers just have no clue what he's saying, or the OL jumping because they can't hear the QB.

I think the problem with attendance is... 1). we've been under .500 two consecutive seasons,
2). the great majority of fans prefer the view from their couch, 3). It's cheaper, and less hassle to watch from your couch, and 4). people are just spoiled by having the games on TV for 10 consecutive years.
They don't know any better, and don't care to change.
It's great that our TV numbers have never been better, but the couch sitters (at least those in the local market) need to give a little more support to their team.



Thats a big one, i finally got to go to my first game this season, which happened to be vs San Diego with perfect seats btw.
The game atmosphere is crazy, i'm not an emotion person when i'm watching the game from my couch, granted i won't let people talk during it if all they do is beeyatch lol.
I've been to a preseason game last season, but even that is NOTHING compared to that game.
So much fun...


definitely ... nothing beats the live experience of being at a game. I guess we've been
used to having reasonable hope each season for the last few years, that and good players will always bring the fans in. Unfortunately this season hasn't inspired a lot of the fanbase though the signs are that
we are starting to get some players on offense starting to shine. So hopefully this blackout issue will vanish after this year.
I'm like Skol, the longer for my voice to come back after a game then the better the game has been

;D

singersp
11-30-2007, 08:33 PM
"happy" wrote:


Do you think if the Vikings had a great stadium and atmosphere, this wouldn't be a problem?

I honestly think the best seat in the house is from my house.


Hell, I go for the atmosphere now.

In fact I plan on installing a 6ft trough in my bathroom.
:P

BadlandsVikings
11-30-2007, 08:43 PM
"singersp" wrote:


"happy" wrote:


Do you think if the Vikings had a great stadium and atmosphere, this wouldn't be a problem?

I honestly think the best seat in the house is from my house.


Hell, I go for the atmosphere now.

In fact I plan on installing a 6ft trough in my bathroom.
:P


For just $1584.95 you can instal a 3ft one
;D

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/detail.jsp?from=thumb&frm=null&module=Commercial+Urinals&item=301102&prod_num=5055&section=3&category=30&id=ost&ppcde={ID}

singersp
11-30-2007, 08:49 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


"happy" wrote:


Do you think if the Vikings had a great stadium and atmosphere, this wouldn't be a problem?

I honestly think the best seat in the house is from my house.


Hell, I go for the atmosphere now.

In fact I plan on installing a 6ft trough in my bathroom.
:P


For just $1584.95 you can instal a 3ft one
;D

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/detail.jsp?from=thumb&frm=null&module=Commercial+Urinals&item=301102&prod_num=5055&section=3&category=30&id=ost&ppcde={ID}


Too nice of one. I wan't a 6ft. tin one like at the dome.

Vikes_King
12-01-2007, 01:11 AM
"singersp" wrote:


"BadlandsViking" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


"happy" wrote:


Do you think if the Vikings had a great stadium and atmosphere, this wouldn't be a problem?

I honestly think the best seat in the house is from my house.


Hell, I go for the atmosphere now.

In fact I plan on installing a 6ft trough in my bathroom.
:P


For just $1584.95 you can instal a 3ft one
;D

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/detail.jsp?from=thumb&frm=null&module=Commercial+Urinals&item=301102&prod_num=5055&section=3&category=30&id=ost&ppcde={ID}


Too nice of one. I wan't a 6ft. tin one like at the dome.


They're only 6ft long? is there like two per bathroom..? I don't remember, i just remember them being long.. i fucking hate those, i hold it.

SKOL
12-01-2007, 01:18 AM
"Vikes_King" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


"BadlandsViking" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


"happy" wrote:


Do you think if the Vikings had a great stadium and atmosphere, this wouldn't be a problem?

I honestly think the best seat in the house is from my house.


Hell, I go for the atmosphere now.

In fact I plan on installing a 6ft trough in my bathroom.
:P


For just $1584.95 you can instal a 3ft one
;D

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/detail.jsp?from=thumb&frm=null&module=Commercial+Urinals&item=301102&prod_num=5055&section=3&category=30&id=ost&ppcde={ID}


Too nice of one. I wan't a 6ft. tin one like at the dome.


They're only 6ft long? is there like two per bathroom..? I don't remember, i just remember them being long.. i fricken hate those, i hold it.


They must put four of them together?
I always thought it was just one long trough, but I guess I never looked close enough at it.
I'm usually looking straight ahead... I wouldn't want to get caught looking sideways, then I'd have to explain that I'm just admiring the trough.

Vikes_King
12-01-2007, 01:22 AM
haha exactly, i dont like glancing anywhere in there, considering theres like 5 guys to each side of you.
At times i'll wait for a stall since i have extremely good periferial vision

singersp
12-01-2007, 06:44 AM
"SKOL" wrote:


"Vikes_King" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


"BadlandsViking" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:




Do you think if the Vikings had a great stadium and atmosphere, this wouldn't be a problem?

I honestly think the best seat in the house is from my house.


Hell, I go for the atmosphere now.

In fact I plan on installing a 6ft trough in my bathroom.
:P


For just $1584.95 you can instal a 3ft one
;D

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/detail.jsp?from=thumb&frm=null&module=Commercial+Urinals&item=301102&prod_num=5055&section=3&category=30&id=ost&ppcde={ID}


Too nice of one. I wan't a 6ft. tin one like at the dome.


They're only 6ft long? is there like two per bathroom..? I don't remember, i just remember them being long.. i fricken hate those, i hold it.


They must put four of them together?
I always thought it was just one long trough, but I guess I never looked close enough at it.
I'm usually looking straight ahead... I wouldn't want to get caught looking sideways, then I'd have to explain that I'm just admiring the trough.



It is one long trough. I said I want a 6ft. one because that's the length of my bathroom.

Obviously a 25-30 footer wouldn't fit.

singersp
12-01-2007, 08:11 AM
Blackout averted again, and other Friday notes (http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/)

November 30th, 2007 – 1:13 PM
by Kevin Seifert
startribune.com


Three corporate sponsors have combined to purchase the remaining 2,100 tickets for Sunday’s game against the Detroit Lions, officially making the game a sellout and allowing it to be broadcast locally on KMSP (Ch.9)....

crazyB
12-01-2007, 01:58 PM
i would love to go i can afford the game tickets just not the plane ticket and hotel cost.
if not for that i would be there .