PDA

View Full Version : Vikings vs. Lions pre-game articles - Peterson is a go

singersp
11-26-2007, 08:03 AM
Peterson should be ready to return against Detroit (http://www.startribune.com/vikings/story/1572638.html)

KEVIN SEIFERT AND JUDD ZULGAD
startribune.com

Last update: November 26, 2007 – 1:53 AM

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - Adrian Peterson is a go.
That was the word in the Vikings' euphoric locker room Sunday after their 41-17 victory over the New York Giants. The rookie tailback should return to the lineup Sunday against Detroit, three weeks after tearing the lateral collateral ligament in his right knee....

Marrdro
11-26-2007, 12:41 PM
Doesn't sound like something that just changed over night to me.
Funny how one paper puts in Sharpers words and leaves out what the coaching staff says.
Maybe that is why we get confused over wholesale scheme changes or just additional parts of the playbook being opened............. :o

But first-year defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier has put his own twist on things in three of the past four games by calling for frequent blitzes and plenty of disguises to confuse quarterbacks.

Sounds like execution to me and not a scheme change as some would contend......

After going 1-for-15 on third-down conversions in the past two games, the Vikings were 5-for-13 (38 percent) on third down Sunday. That was their third-best percentage of the season behind games against Detroit (8-for-18, 44 percent) and San Diego (6-for-13, 46.2 percent).

"It's continued emphasis on it," offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell said. "We have to continue to emphasize it, we have to get better at that area. ... Obviously, we're always trying to design the play to put the guys in the best position to be open, but sometimes those guys have to make a play and they were able to do some of that today."

Rambro
11-26-2007, 06:09 PM
Seein how it said 3 of the last 4, I'm guessin that one that things weren't changed was the Packers game. Brett Farve is a god and he can't be blitzed?

i_bleed_purple
11-26-2007, 06:13 PM
going back to peterson...
i'm glad he's better, but i'd be comfortable with him sitting most of the game and being Taylor's backup this week, unless he's absolutely needed.
save that knee for the last 3 games and next year.

marstc09
11-26-2007, 06:15 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

i'm glad he's better, but i'd be comfortable with him sitting most of the game and being Taylor's backup this week, unless he's absolutely needed.

I think you meant to say four but anyways I hope he is completely healthy. I do not want him to completely tear it and have to go in for surgery.

seaniemck7
11-26-2007, 06:29 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

I think you meant to say four but anyways I hope he is completely healthy. I do not want him to completely tear it and have to go in for surgery.

I don't see how he could be completely healthy.
I think right now he may be healthy enough to play.
But he tore a ligament. Generally that takes 4-6weeks to repair itself.
I agree I bleed, I would rather him sit out another week.

fanfrom1969
11-26-2007, 06:45 PM
"Rambro" wrote:

Seein how it said 3 of the last 4, I'm guessin that one that things weren't changed was the Packers game. Brett Farve is a god and he can't be blitzed?

This was a thread about Peterson, but since you brought it up... you're right... at least the last four words. Where'd you get that quote- original or from the officiating crew? Face it, the O-line is getting a huge break this year- you can see it. Did you watch the Detroit game? On that one sack of Farve, the GB lineman was tackling the Detroit defensive player as he was tackling Farve! Too bad he still got to 'im!

fanfrom1969
11-26-2007, 06:53 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

Absolutely agree. At least don't start him. Don't give him a full load. Keep CT as your primary runner. He can run with the best of them in this league. We should beat the lions at home- carrying the momentum of the last two games with us. We also owe them for that first loss this year. Win Sunday- Keep AD healthy-and see what happens after that. This guy is too good for our team as well as the whole league to risk messing up hs career.

singersp
11-27-2007, 08:09 AM
Vikings expect Adrian Peterson to play Sunday (http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_7566303?nclick_check=1)

Vikings plan to ease rookie into lineup

BY DON SEEHOLZER
Pioneer Press

Article Launched: 11/27/2007 12:01:00 AM CST

The Vikings expect to have running back Adrian Peterson back for Sunday's game against Detroit, but they won't be rushing their No. 1 draft choice.....

PurplePowerPunch
11-27-2007, 08:21 AM
A.D. looked good in the pre-game warm ups for the Giants game. I say we should start Chester Taylor tho.

Mr. Purple
11-27-2007, 09:05 AM
Maybe I'm the only one...but I'm SUPER nervous to start him Sunday.It just seems so quick that hes healed. This is a must win game for us so I see why we're gettin him out there. I just hope nothing worse happens.

C Mac D
11-27-2007, 09:36 AM
"Mr." wrote:

Maybe I'm the only one...but I'm SUPER nervous to start him Sunday.It just seems so quick that hes healed. This is a must win game for us so I see why we're gettin him out there. I just hope nothing worse happens.

While I tend to agree with you, he didn't tear the entire ligament. As posted earlier in this thread, it was an exterior ligament as well. A couple weeks seems like it should be sufficient, plus he seems to be pain free.

With that being said... I'll be worried until the clock says 0:00.

Marrdro
11-27-2007, 09:56 AM
"C" wrote:

"Mr." wrote:

While I tend to agree with you, he didn't tear the entire ligament. As posted earlier in this thread, it was an exterior ligament as well. A couple weeks seems like it should be sufficient, plus he seems to be pain free.

With that being said... I'll be worried until the clock says 0:00.

In at least 1 article and the press conference the Newshound has posted, the Chiller says that CT will start and AD will get limited touches based on his conditioning.

Much like we say early on in the first few games he will get limited touches.
I am sure there will be a clamoring from some of the usual crowd that he needs more.

;D

hx38596
11-27-2007, 10:14 AM
He's going to be wearing that brace, which i don't know about now.
I bet it limits his cuts and motion.
Look at Mcnabb since he started wearing that brace... bounces around like an arthritic old man.

I bet/hope after a game or two, AD will shed the brace to get back to true form.

mblack76
11-27-2007, 10:47 AM
Wow,
I feel sorry for Kitna and co. 10 wins are definitely OUT of the question. This is just brutal...

Sunday, December 2 at Minnesota Vikings
Sunday, December 9 DALLAS COWBOYS
Sunday, December 16 at San Diego Chargers
Sunday, December 23 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
Sunday, December 30 at Green Bay Packers

El Vikingo
11-27-2007, 12:19 PM
My game plan is score more points than the Lions.
My master plan is to kidnap Calvin Johnson during any ST playtime dressing him with a purple uniform and replace him with Troy "I need glasses"Williamson in a Lion uniform (helmet included)

C Mac D
11-27-2007, 12:21 PM
"El" wrote:

My game plan is score more points than the Lions.
My master plan is to kidnap Calvin Johnson during any ST playtime dressing him with a purple uniform and replace him with Troy "I need glasses"Williamson in a Lion uniform (helmet included)

Johnson dropped quite a bit of the balls thrown to him on Thursday. He actually looked worse than Troy.

Vikes
11-27-2007, 12:31 PM
They need to sit Peterson. He won't play they are just screwing with the other teams head.

vikingivan
11-27-2007, 12:34 PM
I am so confident that we win this game I am going to pick the Vikings in the survivor pool.
Unfortunately, that is when reality normally slaps me in the face.

El Vikingo
11-27-2007, 12:49 PM
C Mac

Q1.Did you go to the game last Sunday?

Q2.Do you mean you won´t change Troy for Calvin Johnson?

C Mac D
11-27-2007, 12:52 PM
"El" wrote:

C Mac

Q1.Did you go to the game last Sunday?

Q2.Do you mean you won´t change Troy for Calvin Johnson?

1.) No, not to be a downer... but I got news last week that a friend of mine from college passed away and I just didn't really feel like the game was that important.

2.) I'd take Johnson... but he didn't look like the Superstar everyone expected on Thursday.

The Dropper
11-27-2007, 09:45 PM
Pretty interesting article about AD and some broader questions of ethics in sports medicine by one of my favorite sports writers, King Kaufman of salon.com. Hits on a lot of points posters have been bringing up here the last two weeks. [Note: you will probably have to watch a short advertisement in order to read the article, but it's pretty painless.]

King Kaufman's Sports Daily (http://www.salon.com/sports/col/kaufman/2007/11/27/tuesday/index.html)
Adrian Peterson is set to return, but should the Vikings have shut him down? And does the team's record figure into that decision?

Crunchem
11-27-2007, 09:51 PM
Really I think bringing him back in a limited basis is a good idea....he needs to back into the groove of things.
Injury wise i would think almost a month should be enough for that limited action.

Teams will have to game plan for him and thats a plus for the vikes...if anything he could be a hell of a decoy.

V-Unit
11-27-2007, 10:01 PM
I certainly think handing him the ball 20 times would be ridiculous. Work him in slowly. Chester is doing just fine.

VikingMike
11-27-2007, 10:06 PM
Woody will get shot to start at problematic right tackle spot (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Woody-will-get-shot-to-start-at-problematic-righ?urn=nfl,55235)

[bTuesday, Nov 27, 2007 11:10 am EST[/b]

Damien Woody is moving to the right to regain a starting job on the Detroit Lions offensive line the Detroit News reported.

The Dropper
11-27-2007, 10:12 PM
"Crunchem" wrote:

Really I think bringing him back in a limited basis is a good idea....he needs to back into the groove of things.
Injury wise i would think almost a month should be enough for that limited action.

Teams will have to game plan for him and thats a plus for the vikes...if anything he could be a hell of a decoy.

Agreed. You know Detroit's D will bite on the play action if nothing else.

I'd add that I wouldn't mind seeing him in perhaps some unconventional looks. For example put him in the slot as a decoy to try and attract a DB, leaving at least one of our wideouts in single coverage. Or (for the love of God and all things holy, I've been waiting to see this all year) put him and Chester on the field at the same time in a split back formation. Then run a play action pass.

I just feel like there's so many other ways a player like Adrian could be used that the coaches haven't exploited yet. Maybe they're just waiting for the playoffs.
:P

Purple Floyd
11-27-2007, 10:31 PM
We need to run at the defensive ends and outside the ends early and often this game to slow them down and to make the interior linemen(Especially Rodgers) tired early so we can pound it at them in the 4th quarter. Get birk out there pulling and keep the tight ends in and we will run all over them. But if we try spreading it out and running up the middle we will not be as successful and their interior line will have a better chance at making a long day for our offense

digital420
11-28-2007, 05:18 AM
with their D line outta sync, we need to bulldoze the ball at them so that selling the play action will be automatic.

and once they get to understand CT's speed, throw in AP and let um go. Tjack just needs to be consistant and accurate, and a run first scheme should win this.

DiGiTaL

Vikes_King
11-28-2007, 07:36 AM
"The" wrote:

"Crunchem" wrote:

I'd add that I wouldn't mind seeing him in perhaps some unconventional looks. For example put him in the slot as a decoy to try and attract a DB, leaving at least one of our wideouts in single coverage. Or (for the love of God and all things holy, I've been waiting to see this all year) put him and Chester on the field at the same time in a split back formation. Then run a play action pass.

I just feel like there's so many other ways a player like Adrian could be used that the coaches haven't exploited yet. Maybe they're just waiting for the playoffs.

me too purple brother... me too...

Prophet
11-28-2007, 07:42 AM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

"The" wrote:

"Crunchem" wrote:

me too purple brother... me too...

Richardson appears to be a go this week too.
Should be fun to watch.

BleedinPandG
11-28-2007, 07:47 AM
"The" wrote:

"Crunchem" wrote:

I've been waiting for the same thing... I'm telling you, TJack in the shotgun with CT and AD on either side of him... that could be a very powerful formation.
Part of me thinks they're holding a bit back for next year when they make a serious run at the NFC Championship instead of laying all their cards on the table this year... Part of me also thinks AD just isn't that great of a receiver yet and that's why they aren't putting him on the field in the slot more.

What really pisses me off is you don't seem to see anyone asking those types of questions of Chilly in his press conferences... all the stupid questions they ask and they can't ask a relevant one like this?
Grrrrr

Big C
11-28-2007, 07:50 AM
We might have CT play the entire first half and give AP some touches in the second half once the Detroit defense softens up a bit. While I am worried about his knee, I am very excited that he can play. We drafted this kid with some injury concerns but our medical staff has been spot on with diagnosis so far. Additionally, Chilly is not a short-term-fix guy. He knows that AP can save his career as HC so he will be careful with him.

Prophet
11-28-2007, 07:54 AM
"Big" wrote:

...Chilly is not a short-term-fix guy. He knows that AP can save his career as HC so he will be careful with him.

Contrary to popular opinion, Childress has the ability to see the big picture and is implementing short- and long-term plans that focus on a 53-man squad and a practice squad to make a team function to the best of its ability.
AD is purple jesus, but his career does not ride on a single player's performance.

singersp
11-29-2007, 08:07 AM
Quotes From Winter Park (http://www.vikings.com/NewsArticle_quotesheet112807.aspx)

11/28/2007

vikings.com

Head Coach Brad Childress

Let’s do a little housekeeping just like my group in the locker room here, Tank Williams right now with that MRI; he does have a strain in there.....

singersp
11-29-2007, 08:09 AM
Wednesday injury report (http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/?p=1173)

November 28th, 2007 – 3:52 PM

by Judd Zulgad
startribune.com

Defensive end Kenechi Udeze missed Wednesay’s practice for personal reasons. Safety Tank Williams (knee) also did not participate.....

singersp
11-29-2007, 08:23 AM
Tank Williams, Udeze miss Vikes' practice (http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=311457)

Posted: November 28, 2007

sportingnews.com

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) -- Minnesota Vikings safety Tank Williams missed practice Wednesday because of a knee injury and defensive end Kenechi Udeze was gone for personal reasons.....

Marrdro
11-29-2007, 08:42 AM
"singersp" wrote:

Quotes From Winter Park (http://www.vikings.com/NewsArticle_quotesheet112807.aspx)

11/28/2007

vikings.com

Let’s do a little housekeeping just like my group in the locker room here, Tank Williams right now with that MRI; he does have a strain in there.....

Very nice read.
I liked the fact that they had some Vikes perspectives and some Lions perpectives.
Thanks.

A couple of nuggets for ya.
;D

So has the scheme changed, or are the players executing (in this case with disguising thier intentions) better?

Q: Darren Sharper talked after the game on Sunday about being able to do a little bit more, move people around, things like that.
Have you looked for ways to get him and Smith more involved as opposed to the first part of the year?

A: I think that both of those guys did a great job in that game of disguising their intentions to a rather late period of time, where they showed the quarterback, demonstrated one thing that he said things a certain way and then really they showed him something quite different.
So they have the freedom within the system to be able to do that. There are parameters, just like those linebackers I thought did an outstanding job of moving themselves around.
There are times where he can be free and play the quarterback’s eyes or play crossers or double a receiver and there are times where he has a certain set. I am standing in the third or I have a half and we kind of balance those things out I think with both of those guys.

Wait a minute, wait a minute.
I thought according to alot of you guys on here we haven't been running any screens and draws until just recently.
Here is a quote from the HC of the Lions, which we played week two.
Read it closely, maybe I am still confused.....

The first game we played them, they really did a great job with the draws and screens so we’ve got to keep working on those areas.

Someone, anyone, please enlighten me on how we haven't been doing that kind of stuff.
::)

Vikes_King
11-29-2007, 08:52 AM
lol, Marr, you love a good arguement dont you :)

Marrdro
11-29-2007, 08:58 AM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

Arguement is such a strong word, how about a discussion on differing view points.
;D

Vikes_King
11-29-2007, 09:00 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"Vikes_King" wrote:

Arguement is such a strong word, how about a discussion on differing view points.
;D

nah i don't like that... how about innoccent verbal sparring

V-Unit
11-29-2007, 03:11 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

11/28/2007

vikings.com

Very nice read.
I liked the fact that they had some Vikes perspectives and some Lions perpectives.
Thanks.

;D

So has the scheme changed, or are the players executing (in this case with disguising thier intentions) better?

Q: Darren Sharper talked after the game on Sunday about being able to do a little bit more, move people around, things like that.
Have you looked for ways to get him and Smith more involved as opposed to the first part of the year?

A: I think that both of those guys did a great job in that game of disguising their intentions to a rather late period of time, where they showed the quarterback, demonstrated one thing that he said things a certain way and then really they showed him something quite different.
So they have the freedom within the system to be able to do that. There are parameters, just like those linebackers I thought did an outstanding job of moving themselves around.
There are times where he can be free and play the quarterback’s eyes or play crossers or double a receiver and there are times where he has a certain set. I am standing in the third or I have a half and we kind of balance those things out I think with both of those guys.

I thought according to alot of you guys on here we haven't been running any screens and draws until just recently.

The first game we played them, they really did a great job with the draws and screens so we’ve got to keep working on those areas.

Someone, anyone, please enlighten me on how we haven't been doing that kind of stuff.

Dude. That was week 2. 10 weeks ago. In the span between week 2 and week 10 we saw maybe 5 screen passes total.

The draws he was talking about was Mewelde right before halftime.

Consider yourself enlightened.

singersp
11-30-2007, 07:50 AM
No Lion, take the Vikings (http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/other_nfl/view.bg?articleid=1047991)

By Double D / The Pro Picks
bostonherald.com

Friday, November 30, 2007

If the playoffs started this week, the slumping Detroit Lions would be in as a wild card team. But their postseason hopes look much dimmer now than they did a few weeks ago.

singersp
11-30-2007, 07:54 AM
Scouting report: Vikings (http://blog.mlive.com/twominutedrill/2007/11/scouting_report_vikings.html)

Posted by Brian VanOchten
The Grand Rapids

Press November 29, 2007 09:03AM

Three keys to the Detroit Lions-Minnesota Vikings matchup Sunday afternoon:....

Marrdro
11-30-2007, 07:55 AM
"V" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

11/28/2007

vikings.com

Very nice read.
Thanks.

;D

Dude. That was week 2. 10 weeks ago. In the span between week 2 and week 10 we saw maybe 5 screen passes total.

The draws he was talking about was Mewelde right before halftime.

Consider yourself enlightened.

You might have seen 5 that worked, how about the ones that didn't or the ones the QB audibled out of, you counting them?

Nope, still not enlightened.

singersp
11-30-2007, 07:56 AM
VIKINGS LOOK FOR PLAY-OFF BOOST (http://www.sportinglife.com/nfl/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=international_feed/07/11/29/GRIDIRON_USA-Minnesota_Preview.html)

sportinglife.com

Minnesota Vikings' play-off hopes could get a further boost as they expect to have rookie running back Adrian Peterson in the line-up for Sunday's NFC North contest against the Detroit Lions.....

singersp
11-30-2007, 08:04 AM
Williamson misses practice (http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/?p=1178)

November 29th, 2007 – 3:43 PM
by Judd Zulgad

Receiver Troy Williamson sat out practice today after experiencing headaches following Wednesday’s session.
Williamson, who suffered a concussion on Sunday returning a kick against the Giants, had done limited work Wednesday.....

singersp
11-30-2007, 08:05 AM
Tank sits out (http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/?p=1177)

November 29th, 2007 – 2:26 PM
by Judd Zulgad
startribune.com

Safety Tank Williams (knee) was the only player not on the field during the media access portion of today’s practice....

Marrdro
11-30-2007, 08:08 AM
Thanks Singer for the last 3.
Seems like we are having a rash of little dings.
Not a good time to have that virus.

singersp
11-30-2007, 08:11 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

So are you trying to tell me all the other articles sucked?

Marrdro
11-30-2007, 08:31 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

No my friend.
I am saying that it sucks that alot of players seem to be dinged.

Prophet
11-30-2007, 08:36 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

No my friend.

I'm pretty sure that he was implying that he enjoys reading the articles....but, you suck.

Marrdro
11-30-2007, 08:43 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

No my friend.

I'm pretty sure that he was implying that he enjoys reading the articles....but, you suck.

Seems like he has been a bit touchy lately.

Prophet
11-30-2007, 08:47 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

No my friend.

It's just the anticipation of switching from blow-up dolls to the real thing.

singersp
11-30-2007, 08:56 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

No my friend.

??? LOL! Perhaps you didn't recognize the smiley. I'll have to use the "Official Marrdro Smilies (
:)
:D
;D
) from now on when replying to your posts.

:) ;D

Marrdro
11-30-2007, 08:57 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

No my friend.

??? LOL! Perhaps you didn't recognize the smiley. I'll have to use the "Official Marrdro Smilies (
;D
) from now on when replying to your posts.

:) ;D

Your killing me. (Marrdro elects not to use a smiley but is still happy).

Purple Floyd
11-30-2007, 10:42 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

No my friend.

It's just the anticipation of switching from blow-up dolls to the real thing.

lol

Prophet
11-30-2007, 11:44 AM
Woody latest to line up at tackle (http://www.mlive.com/lions/stories/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1196151905267520.xml&coll=6)
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
By Tom Kowalski

ALLEN PARK -- Depending on how well Damien Woody performs Sunday against the Minnesota Vikings, the Detroit Lions will be playing their fourth, and possibly fifth, right tackle of the season.

With George Foster benched for ineffective play, Jonathan Scott on the injured reserve list and Blaine Saipaia moving back inside, Woody is expected to start at right tackle.

Woody hasn't played tackle since his high school days...

Good to hear.

Purple Floyd
11-30-2007, 11:52 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

Woody latest to line up at tackle (http://www.mlive.com/lions/stories/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1196151905267520.xml&coll=6)
By Tom Kowalski

ALLEN PARK -- Depending on how well Damien Woody performs Sunday against the Minnesota Vikings, the Detroit Lions will be playing their fourth, and possibly fifth, right tackle of the season.

With George Foster benched for ineffective play, Jonathan Scott on the injured reserve list and Blaine Saipaia moving back inside, Woody is expected to start at right tackle.

Good to hear.

Maybe Kitna can talk god into playing right tackle for the game

cogitans
11-30-2007, 12:03 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

By Tom Kowalski

Good to hear.

Lets predict a good game for Udeze and Robison that lines up at LDE

Vikes_King
11-30-2007, 03:11 PM
"cogitans" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

By Tom Kowalski

Good to hear.

Lets predict a good game for Udeze and Robison that lines up at LDE

Its not just that they have Woody in the line up, the big thing is the Lions are not shy about using four and five receiver sets.
Thats good news and bad news for us.
We all know the bad part since our pass D likes to struggle.
But the good part about 4 and 5 receiver sets.. is that that means less people yup pass protection.
Robinson leads rookies in sacks this year.. so hopefully him & udeze can both have a big game, throw a couple in for edwards too
;)

Vikes_King
11-30-2007, 03:24 PM
Vikings' defense restores reputation against Giants, now has eyes on wild card (http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071126/SPORTS01/71126069/1049)

Vikes_King
11-30-2007, 03:26 PM
Vikings have one of the best defense lines in the NFL, does that mean a long day for QB John Kitna?

Sterling Sharpe and Brian Baldinger dissect what the Vikings pass rush will do against the Lions offensive line.(Video Preview)

WK 13 Playbook: Vikings vs. Lions (http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d804a312e)

singersp
12-01-2007, 08:14 AM
Friday afternoon notes (http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/?p=1179)

November 30th, 2007 – 11:12 AM
by Kevin Seifert
startribune.com

We’ll keep a running list of notes going this afternoon as we await news on the Vikings’ ticket situation for Sunday’s game against Detroit....

singersp
12-01-2007, 08:37 AM
Williams out, Williamson doubtful (http://vikingsnow.blogspot.com/2007/11/williams-out-williamson-doubtful.html)

Friday, November 30, 2007

Sean Jensen and Don Seeholzer
vikingsnow.blogspot.com

As expected, Vikings safety Tank Williams (knee) is out of Sunday's game against Detroit....

singersp
12-01-2007, 09:05 AM
LIONS SCOUTING REPORT: Vikings 27, Lions 21 (http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071130/SPORTS01/71130039)

November 30, 2007

By NICHOLAS J. COTSONIKA

FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER
freep.com

Lions’ passing offense vs. Vikings’ pass defense

The Vikings rank dead last in the NFL in pass defense. But don’t be fooled. A big reason they give up so many yards through the air is that opponents refuse to run against their top-ranked rush defense.....

Vikes_King
12-01-2007, 10:03 AM
Udeze had a daughter earlier this week

Congrats Udeze! :)

singersp
12-01-2007, 06:47 PM
5 things to watch: Lions vs. Vikings (http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2007/12/5_things_to_watch_lionsvikings.html)

by Brian VanOchten
The Grand Rapids Press
mlive.com

Saturday December 01, 2007, 10:30 AM

1. Adrian Peterson -- The sensational rookie, who leads the NFL in rushing despite missing the past two games with a knee injury, is probable for this matchup.....

VikingMike
12-01-2007, 07:38 PM
Sunday's 5 Keys (http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071129/SPORTS0101/71129001/1126)

Interactive: Lions vs. Vikings

The Detroit News
Thursday, November 29, 2007

Tue (sic) Lions lead the NFL in takeaways with 31, and in points off takeaways with 100. Minnesota is tied for fifth with 24.

Vikes_King
12-01-2007, 07:40 PM
"VikingMike" wrote:

Sunday's 5 Keys (http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071129/SPORTS0101/71129001/1126)

Interactive: Lions vs. Vikings

The Detroit News
Thursday, November 29, 2007

Tue (sic) Lions lead the NFL in takeaways with 31, and in points off takeaways with 100. Minnesota is tied for fifth with 24.

very nice link, i love how they set it up, thanks

singersp
12-02-2007, 05:50 AM
5. RR factor (http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_7608924)

Don Seeholzer
Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 12/01/2007 11:13:55 PM CST

Good teams are supposed to be able to run the football and stop the run, and the Vikings rank No. 1 in the NFL in both categories.....

singersp
12-02-2007, 06:03 AM
Gameday: Vikings vs. Detroit (http://www.startribune.com/vikings/story/1583861.html)

By Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune

Last update: December 02, 2007 – 12:18 AM

TODAY'S BIG THREE: Things we need to see before declaring the Vikings a playoff-caliber team...

singersp
12-02-2007, 06:14 AM
By the Numbers (http://min.scout.com/2/707435.html)

By Viking Update Staff
scout.com

Posted Dec 2, 2007

Vikes_King
12-02-2007, 12:43 PM
Winfield out, E. James to start at RE (http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/?p=1183)

December 2nd, 2007 – 10:39 AM by Kevin Seifert

The other notable pregame news here at the Metrodome is that DE Erasmus James will start in place of DE Ray Edwards at right end today. James has seen extremely light duty this season and hasn’t made much of an impact since returning from major knee surgery, and so it is possible this move was more about Edwards than it is about James. We’ll get you more information as the day progresses.

Mr-holland
12-02-2007, 01:35 PM
here's to 2 100yard rushers