PDA

View Full Version : Sizing up FA's acquired by the Vikings - FA's have made an impact



singersp
11-25-2007, 10:06 AM
Sizing up free agents acquired by the Minnesota Vikings (http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_7551118?nclick_check=1)

A comparison of this season's Vikings free-agent acquisitions with last year's stellar class shows how uncertain the market is.

BY SEAN JENSEN
Pioneer Press

Article Launched: 11/25/2007 12:01:00 AM CST


Heading into free agency last offseason, the Vikings were one of eight NFL teams with more than $30 million in salary-cap space...

BBQ Platypus
11-25-2007, 01:05 PM
Anyone who keeps calling last year's free agents a "weak FA class" needs to be slapped upside the head.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I have never witnessed a more disappointing offseason than our last one.
Not even when I take Peterson into account.
The ToA passed on some talented, game-changing players to focus their efforts on overpaying guys who "fit our system."
(Though I do like Shiancoe, it's absolutely undeniable that we overpaid him).
Can you imagine how much better we might be if our front office didn't have their heads up Childress's ass?

V4L
11-25-2007, 06:30 PM
Won't let me read the article I don't have a subscription

But i'm pretty happy with our FA's personally

Shank and Wade are pretty solid for us

It was a weak class I agree

NodakPaul
11-25-2007, 06:36 PM
It was a very weak FA class.
If anyone can't see that then they are either blind or 95.67% Insane.
Kevin Curtis was one of the "premier" FA WRs in the offseason.
While I do agree that he would have been an upgrade to our WR corp, he would have only been good - not great - in any other FA.

VikingsTw
11-25-2007, 06:44 PM
I think we are doing a great job in FA's since Childress has been here.

Starting last year with Leber and Taylor who both make a big impact on the team. Then we go out and get Shancoe who hasn't dropped a football this year and has some explosion at the position, a better runner after the catch than i expected and a good blocker,
an all around player who will continue to improve. Wade has been alright with exeption of some drops but works the field well. Vinny was quiet at first but he's making noise on specail teams, I'm starting to see what Childress seen in him when we picked him up.

I'm very exited for next years FA and Draft. I like the fact that Childress grabs players you wouldn't expect. He does his homework.

Someone could make the arguement that we have over payed but thats just that everyone is overpaying in FA. Plus its just Shancoe's first season and our passing game is starting to come along.

Marrdro
11-25-2007, 06:57 PM
"VikingsTw" wrote:


I think we are doing a great job in FA's since Childress has been here.

Starting last year with Leber and Taylor who both make a big impact on the team. Then we go out and get Shancoe who hasn't dropped a football this year and has some explosion at the position, a better runner after the catch than i expected and a good blocker,
an all around player who will continue to improve. Wade has been alright with exeption of some drops but works the field well. Vinny was quiet at first but he's making noise on specail teams, I'm starting to see what Childress seen in him when we picked him up.

I'm very exited for next years FA and Draft. I like the fact that Childress grabs players you wouldn't expect. He does his homework.

Someone could make the arguement that we have over payed but thats just that everyone is overpaying in FA. Plus its just Shancoe's first season and our passing game is starting to come along.

Although the Chiller should get a bit of the credit, in fact, more of the credit goes to the scouting/player personnel dept and not the head coach.

The coaching staff sets the scheme and types of players they need, the rest of the staff find the right guys that fit it and then the CAP guru (Bryzcheapski) signs them if they are withing our budget.

V-Unit
11-25-2007, 07:27 PM
I don't see how anyone can be happy with Wade and Shank's performances. They were brought in to be offensive weapons. They have been good blockers, but nothing more. Sure it was a weak FA class, but that does not excuse the lack of impact they have had on our offense. The biggest factors on our offense have been AD, TJ slowly improving, and maybe Sidney Rice. Wade hasn't done much that Robert Ferguson can't, not has Shanl done anything that Kleinsasser isn't capable of.

Next year we need to be as agressive as possible, because I truly believe we are just a few players away.

ultravikingfan
11-25-2007, 07:31 PM
"V" wrote:


I don't see how anyone can be happy with Wade and Shank's performances. They were brought in to be offensive weapons. They have been good blockers, but nothing more. Sure it was a weak FA class, but that does not excuse the lack of impact they have had on our offense. The biggest factors on our offense have been AD, TJ slowly improving, and maybe Sidney Rice. Wade hasn't done much that Robert Ferguson can't, not has Shanl done anything that Kleinsasser isn't capable of.

Next year we need to be as agressive as possible, because I truly believe we are just a few players away.


http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=39986.msg679189#msg679189

V-Unit
11-25-2007, 07:38 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"V" wrote:


I don't see how anyone can be happy with Wade and Shank's performances. They were brought in to be offensive weapons. They have been good blockers, but nothing more. Sure it was a weak FA class, but that does not excuse the lack of impact they have had on our offense. The biggest factors on our offense have been AD, TJ slowly improving, and maybe Sidney Rice. Wade hasn't done much that Robert Ferguson can't, not has Shanl done anything that Kleinsasser isn't capable of.

Next year we need to be as agressive as possible, because I truly believe we are just a few players away.


http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=39986.msg679189#msg679189


Well, when you put it that way, those two have made impace play after impact play. We need to throw more to them, because they have had amazing seasons up to this point.

Realistically, we choose to run because we have don't have a strong passing attack. And for the record, saying they had a "yawn" game is the truth.

ultravikingfan
11-25-2007, 07:42 PM
"V" wrote:


"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"V" wrote:


I don't see how anyone can be happy with Wade and Shank's performances. They were brought in to be offensive weapons. They have been good blockers, but nothing more. Sure it was a weak FA class, but that does not excuse the lack of impact they have had on our offense. The biggest factors on our offense have been AD, TJ slowly improving, and maybe Sidney Rice. Wade hasn't done much that Robert Ferguson can't, not has Shanl done anything that Kleinsasser isn't capable of.

Next year we need to be as agressive as possible, because I truly believe we are just a few players away.


http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=39986.msg679189#msg679189


Well, when you put it that way, those two have made impace play after impact play. We need to throw more to them, because they have had amazing seasons up to this point.

Realistically, we choose to run because we have don't have a strong passing attack. And for the record, saying they had a "yawn" game is the truth.


You do a pretty good job of manipluating things.
Nobody said they made "impact by after play."
You come out and dog them for having a "yawn" game and how you cannot see how anybody should be happy with their performance.

I am saying the ball was only caught 10 times.
How many chances were they given to have "impact plays?"
Seems to me that when the ball came their way they did what they needed to do.


But, we should not be happy with that.
Right.
::)

V-Unit
11-25-2007, 07:49 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"V" wrote:


"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"V" wrote:


I don't see how anyone can be happy with Wade and Shank's performances. They were brought in to be offensive weapons. They have been good blockers, but nothing more. Sure it was a weak FA class, but that does not excuse the lack of impact they have had on our offense. The biggest factors on our offense have been AD, TJ slowly improving, and maybe Sidney Rice. Wade hasn't done much that Robert Ferguson can't, not has Shanl done anything that Kleinsasser isn't capable of.

Next year we need to be as agressive as possible, because I truly believe we are just a few players away.


http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=39986.msg679189#msg679189


Well, when you put it that way, those two have made impace play after impact play. We need to throw more to them, because they have had amazing seasons up to this point.

Realistically, we choose to run because we have don't have a strong passing attack. And for the record, saying they had a "yawn" game is the truth.


You do a pretty good job of manipluating things.
Nobody said they made "impact by after play."
You come out and dog them for having a "yawn" game and how you cannot see how anybody should be happy with their performance.
I am saying the ball was only caught 10 times.
How many chances were they given to have "impact plays?"
Seems to me that when the ball came their way they did what they needed to do.


But, we should not be happy with that.
Right.

::)


First of all, I didn't "dog" them at all. I said they had a quiet game, which they did, and that an improvement to the receiving corps might help more than a new QB would. How is that dogging them?

In this thread, I'm simply stating that their overall performance this season has been less than what we expected out of them, and we need them to do better and to make an impact on this offense. You cannot regard Wade and Shank as offensive weapons yet. Defenses do not key on Shank or Wade when they go up against us. Thus far, thay are little more than offensive role-players.

TJ's hesitation in the pocket may just be because our WRs and TEs aint getting open. It's just a guess, not a dog. Realistically, we should not be happy when our new star WR and TE, as they were touted when first signed, combine for 3 catches.

ultravikingfan
11-25-2007, 09:17 PM
"V" wrote:


"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"V" wrote:


"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"V" wrote:


I don't see how anyone can be happy with Wade and Shank's performances. They were brought in to be offensive weapons. They have been good blockers, but nothing more. Sure it was a weak FA class, but that does not excuse the lack of impact they have had on our offense. The biggest factors on our offense have been AD, TJ slowly improving, and maybe Sidney Rice. Wade hasn't done much that Robert Ferguson can't, not has Shanl done anything that Kleinsasser isn't capable of.

Next year we need to be as agressive as possible, because I truly believe we are just a few players away.


http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=39986.msg679189#msg679189


Well, when you put it that way, those two have made impace play after impact play. We need to throw more to them, because they have had amazing seasons up to this point.

Realistically, we choose to run because we have don't have a strong passing attack. And for the record, saying they had a "yawn" game is the truth.


You do a pretty good job of manipluating things.
Nobody said they made "impact by after play."
You come out and dog them for having a "yawn" game and how you cannot see how anybody should be happy with their performance.
I am saying the ball was only caught 10 times.
How many chances were they given to have "impact plays?"
Seems to me that when the ball came their way they did what they needed to do.


But, we should not be happy with that.
Right.

::)


First of all, I didn't "dog" them at all. I said they had a quiet game, which they did, and that an improvement to the receiving corps might help more than a new QB would. How is that dogging them?

In this thread, I'm simply stating that their overall performance this season has been less than what we expected out of them, and we need them to do better and to make an impact on this offense. You cannot regard Wade and Shank as offensive weapons yet. Defenses do not key on Shank or Wade when they go up against us. Thus far, thay are little more than offensive role-players.

TJ's hesitation in the pocket may just be because our WRs and TEs aint getting open. It's just a guess, not a dog. Realistically, we should not be happy when our new star WR and TE, as they were touted when first signed, combine for 3 catches.


When you start out you paragraph on the 2:


I don't see how anyone can be happy with Wade and Shank's performances.

That sounds like you are dogging them.
Just like TJ , they did their job today and we won...period.

Potus2028
11-25-2007, 09:28 PM
wade caught a low thrown 3rd down slant after being jammed by a corner.. that seems good to me. and shiancoe caught the pass thrown his way today..

i do think that last year's FA aquisitions were a bit more productive quicker.. i.e. chester taylor, and ben leber jump out to me.

V-Unit
11-25-2007, 09:54 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"V" wrote:


"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"V" wrote:


"ultravikingfan" wrote:




I don't see how anyone can be happy with Wade and Shank's performances. They were brought in to be offensive weapons. They have been good blockers, but nothing more. Sure it was a weak FA class, but that does not excuse the lack of impact they have had on our offense. The biggest factors on our offense have been AD, TJ slowly improving, and maybe Sidney Rice. Wade hasn't done much that Robert Ferguson can't, not has Shanl done anything that Kleinsasser isn't capable of.

Next year we need to be as agressive as possible, because I truly believe we are just a few players away.


http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=39986.msg679189#msg679189


Well, when you put it that way, those two have made impace play after impact play. We need to throw more to them, because they have had amazing seasons up to this point.

Realistically, we choose to run because we have don't have a strong passing attack. And for the record, saying they had a "yawn" game is the truth.


You do a pretty good job of manipluating things.
Nobody said they made "impact by after play."
You come out and dog them for having a "yawn" game and how you cannot see how anybody should be happy with their performance.
I am saying the ball was only caught 10 times.
How many chances were they given to have "impact plays?"
Seems to me that when the ball came their way they did what they needed to do.


But, we should not be happy with that.
Right.

::)


First of all, I didn't "dog" them at all. I said they had a quiet game, which they did, and that an improvement to the receiving corps might help more than a new QB would. How is that dogging them?

In this thread, I'm simply stating that their overall performance this season has been less than what we expected out of them, and we need them to do better and to make an impact on this offense. You cannot regard Wade and Shank as offensive weapons yet. Defenses do not key on Shank or Wade when they go up against us. Thus far, thay are little more than offensive role-players.

TJ's hesitation in the pocket may just be because our WRs and TEs aint getting open. It's just a guess, not a dog. Realistically, we should not be happy when our new star WR and TE, as they were touted when first signed, combine for 3 catches.


When you start out you paragraph on the 2:


I don't see how anyone can be happy with Wade and Shank's performances.

That sounds like you are dogging them.
Just like TJ , they did their job today and we won...period.



Its as if you only read the first paragraph, or chose to ignore the rest.

"In this thread, I'm simply stating that their overall performance this season has been less than what we expected out of them, and we need them to do better and to make an impact on this offense. You cannot regard Wade and Shank as offensive weapons yet. Defenses do not key on Shank or Wade when they go up against us. Thus far, thay are little more than offensive role-players."

As far as today goes, we can talk about that in the other thread.

VikingsTw
11-25-2007, 10:56 PM
"V" wrote:


"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"V" wrote:


"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"V" wrote:


I don't see how anyone can be happy with Wade and Shank's performances. They were brought in to be offensive weapons. They have been good blockers, but nothing more. Sure it was a weak FA class, but that does not excuse the lack of impact they have had on our offense. The biggest factors on our offense have been AD, TJ slowly improving, and maybe Sidney Rice. Wade hasn't done much that Robert Ferguson can't, not has Shanl done anything that Kleinsasser isn't capable of.

Next year we need to be as agressive as possible, because I truly believe we are just a few players away.


http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=39986.msg679189#msg679189


Well, when you put it that way, those two have made impace play after impact play. We need to throw more to them, because they have had amazing seasons up to this point.

Realistically, we choose to run because we have don't have a strong passing attack. And for the record, saying they had a "yawn" game is the truth.


You do a pretty good job of manipluating things.
Nobody said they made "impact by after play."
You come out and dog them for having a "yawn" game and how you cannot see how anybody should be happy with their performance.
I am saying the ball was only caught 10 times.
How many chances were they given to have "impact plays?"
Seems to me that when the ball came their way they did what they needed to do.


But, we should not be happy with that.
Right.

::)


First of all, I didn't "dog" them at all. I said they had a quiet game, which they did, and that an improvement to the receiving corps might help more than a new QB would. How is that dogging them?

In this thread, I'm simply stating that their overall performance this season has been less than what we expected out of them, and we need them to do better and to make an impact on this offense. You cannot regard Wade and Shank as offensive weapons yet. Defenses do not key on Shank or Wade when they go up against us. Thus far, thay are little more than offensive role-players.

TJ's hesitation in the pocket may just be because our WRs and TEs aint getting open. It's just a guess, not a dog. Realistically, we should not be happy when our new star WR and TE, as they were touted when first signed, combine for 3 catches.






Star WR? We signed Bobby Wade to be a slot WR but we're using him like a #1 cause Childress won't consistently use Troy and Sidney our most exposive WR's.

Shancoe has done just fine if you ask me and they also took a TD away from him that Mewelde Moore threw to him. Its not like he's getting all the snaps and we are throwing the football 30 times a game. We are running the football and using Kliensasser and Jeff Dugan. Shancoes opportunities are limited but when he does get the football he does good things. He may be a role player now but if i'm correct Childress wants to grow Shancoe into this offense. This is his first year in the offense and his first year starting. He's got an intensity about him witch makes me think he's got a good work ethic and he will show everyone why he was paid big dollars.

VikingsTw
11-25-2007, 11:03 PM
"V" wrote:


"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"V" wrote:


"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"V" wrote:






I don't see how anyone can be happy with Wade and Shank's performances. They were brought in to be offensive weapons. They have been good blockers, but nothing more. Sure it was a weak FA class, but that does not excuse the lack of impact they have had on our offense. The biggest factors on our offense have been AD, TJ slowly improving, and maybe Sidney Rice. Wade hasn't done much that Robert Ferguson can't, not has Shanl done anything that Kleinsasser isn't capable of.

Next year we need to be as agressive as possible, because I truly believe we are just a few players away.


http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=39986.msg679189#msg679189


Well, when you put it that way, those two have made impace play after impact play. We need to throw more to them, because they have had amazing seasons up to this point.

Realistically, we choose to run because we have don't have a strong passing attack. And for the record, saying they had a "yawn" game is the truth.


You do a pretty good job of manipluating things.
Nobody said they made "impact by after play."
You come out and dog them for having a "yawn" game and how you cannot see how anybody should be happy with their performance.
I am saying the ball was only caught 10 times.
How many chances were they given to have "impact plays?"
Seems to me that when the ball came their way they did what they needed to do.


But, we should not be happy with that.
Right.

::)


First of all, I didn't "dog" them at all. I said they had a quiet game, which they did, and that an improvement to the receiving corps might help more than a new QB would. How is that dogging them?

In this thread, I'm simply stating that their overall performance this season has been less than what we expected out of them, and we need them to do better and to make an impact on this offense. You cannot regard Wade and Shank as offensive weapons yet. Defenses do not key on Shank or Wade when they go up against us. Thus far, thay are little more than offensive role-players.

TJ's hesitation in the pocket may just be because our WRs and TEs aint getting open. It's just a guess, not a dog. Realistically, we should not be happy when our new star WR and TE, as they were touted when first signed, combine for 3 catches.


When you start out you paragraph on the 2:


I don't see how anyone can be happy with Wade and Shank's performances.

That sounds like you are dogging them.
Just like TJ , they did their job today and we won...period.



Its as if you only read the first paragraph, or chose to ignore the rest.

"In this thread, I'm simply stating that their overall performance this season has been less than what we expected out of them, and we need them to do better and to make an impact on this offense. You cannot regard Wade and Shank as offensive weapons yet. Defenses do not key on Shank or Wade when they go up against us. Thus far, thay are little more than offensive role-players."

As far as today goes, we can talk about that in the other thread.


Less than what "We" expected. I think we all invisioned him getting the snaps, instead we are using all our TE's and throwing the football about 16 or 17 times a game. I don't think its fair to expect more from Shancoe, i think he's doin exactly what the coaching staff is asking him to do.

V4L
11-25-2007, 11:03 PM
Shancoe hasn't dropped a ball so he's cool with me

Also is an excellent blocker

Wade is doing what is asked of him

We didn't bring them in to be "stars" V.. We brought them in to help the team and produce.. And they have done just fine

ultravikingfan
11-25-2007, 11:08 PM
"V" wrote:


Its as if you only read the first paragraph, or chose to ignore the rest.

"In this thread, I'm simply stating that their overall performance this season has been less than what we expected out of them, and we need them to do better and to make an impact on this offense. You cannot regard Wade and Shank as offensive weapons yet. Defenses do not key on Shank or Wade when they go up against us. Thus far, thay are little more than offensive role-players."

As far as today goes, we can talk about that in the other thread.


Why even bring that up after they did their jobs today?
Who said they were even brought in as weopons?
Why does a TE have to be defined as a weopon anyways?
I am glad you brought-up the fact that they have been good blockers.
TE's need to be good blockers and make catches when thrown to.
Not everybody is a Shockey or Winslow.

BBQ Platypus
11-25-2007, 11:53 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:


It was a very weak FA class.
If anyone can't see that then they are either blind or 95.67% Insane.
Kevin Curtis was one of the "premier" FA WRs in the offseason.
While I do agree that he would have been an upgrade to our WR corp, he would have only been good - not great - in any other FA.



It's funny that a lot of teams that had less money than we did FOUND A WAY to pick up talent with comparatively minimal losses.
I seem to recall a certain league-leading receiver being acquired for a fourth round pick via trade.
Now, what was his name again?
Andy Something-or-other, I think it was...

(Let's not forget the biggest and most undeniable failure: the failure to pick up a more competent backup.
We could have won a couple of those close games - especially the ones in which TJ was hurt - if we had done this).

V4L
11-25-2007, 11:58 PM
Too bad Moss wasn't gonna come back here so that is a moot point... And that wasn't free agency anyway

And for back ups in the F.A.. Well Garcia maybe but oh well

V-Unit
11-26-2007, 12:28 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"V" wrote:


Its as if you only read the first paragraph, or chose to ignore the rest.

"In this thread, I'm simply stating that their overall performance this season has been less than what we expected out of them, and we need them to do better and to make an impact on this offense. You cannot regard Wade and Shank as offensive weapons yet. Defenses do not key on Shank or Wade when they go up against us. Thus far, thay are little more than offensive role-players."

As far as today goes, we can talk about that in the other thread.


Why even bring that up after they did their jobs today?

Is their performance today supposed to negate my opinion of them for the entire season?




Who said they were even brought in as weopons?



In regards to Shiancoe, maybe I am just imagining all the talk about him stretching the field that went on in the offseason. I'll be honest, I have doubted him from day one. If he was brought in to just be a great blocker and a role-player, then he has done a fine job. Given that we have a solid role-player at the TE spot though, our offense still sucks. It would be awesome if Shiancoe could grow into a better receiver as well. I for one thought that with our young QB, he would hopefully have a bigger role, like a Chris Cooley or a Heath Miller.

In regards to Wade, when he was brought in, our receiving corps consisted of Williamson (who was dropping a ton of passes) and Billy McMullen. He was brought in to be more than a slot receiver. I would go as far as to say that he has been more than just a slot receiver, but we still lack a dynamic pass catcher of any sort. I hold Williamson just as responsible for that as Wade, if not moreso. Rice is showing flashes. I would love to see him accross from a guy like Fitzgerald with Wade in the slot.

As far as weapons go in general, this offense needs some badly. This season Shiancoe and Wade have been solid, but realistically, this offense still sucks, especially in the passing game. It was good today and they got the job done. Hopefully they can rise to the occasion when more is needed from them.

BBQ Platypus
11-26-2007, 12:50 AM
"V" wrote:


"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"V" wrote:


Its as if you only read the first paragraph, or chose to ignore the rest.

"In this thread, I'm simply stating that their overall performance this season has been less than what we expected out of them, and we need them to do better and to make an impact on this offense. You cannot regard Wade and Shank as offensive weapons yet. Defenses do not key on Shank or Wade when they go up against us. Thus far, thay are little more than offensive role-players."

As far as today goes, we can talk about that in the other thread.


Why even bring that up after they did their jobs today?

Is their performance today supposed to negate my opinion of them for the entire season?




Who said they were even brought in as weopons?



In regards to Shiancoe, maybe I am just imagining all the talk about him stretching the field that went on in the offseason. I'll be honest, I have doubted him from day one. If he was brought in to just be a great blocker and a role-player, then he has done a fine job. Given that we have a solid role-player at the TE spot though, our offense still sucks. It would be awesome if Shiancoe could grow into a better receiver as well. I for one thought that with our young QB, he would hopefully have a bigger role, like a Chris Cooley or a Heath Miller.

In regards to Wade, when he was brought in, our receiving corps consisted of Williamson (who was dropping a ton of passes) and Billy McMullen. He was brought in to be more than a slot receiver. I would go as far as to say that he has been more than just a slot receiver, but we still lack a dynamic pass catcher of any sort. I hold Williamson just as responsible for that as Wade, if not moreso. Rice is showing flashes. I would love to see him accross from a guy like Fitzgerald with Wade in the slot.

As far as weapons go in general, this offense needs some badly. This season Shiancoe and Wade have been solid, but realistically, this offense still sucks, especially in the passing game. It was good today and they got the job done. Hopefully they can rise to the occasion when more is needed from them.



I couldn't have said it better myself, V.
Here, have a trophy:

http://www.hrwiki.org/images/thumb/2/23/crazy_cartoon_cheat_trophies.PNG/180px-crazy_cartoon_cheat_trophies.PNG

bleedpurple
11-27-2007, 02:47 PM
Shank and Wade are underpaid offensive juggernauts!!!! PERIOD!!!!!


puff puff give....

singersp
12-08-2007, 10:58 AM
Sid Hartman: Vikings' free agents have made an impact (http://www.startribune.com/sports/12234421.html)

It's not always the top draft picks who make the biggest contributions. Some, such as nickel back Charles Gordon, have earned their playing time.

By Sid Hartman, Star Tribune

Last update: December 6, 2007 - 10:05 PM


Sure, the players selected by the Vikings in this year's draft are a big reason the team has won four of the past five games, but several free agents -- including nickel back Charles Gordon, a 2006 signee who had four tackles and one assist in the 42-10 victory over the Lions last week -- also are contributing.

huxx
12-08-2007, 11:25 AM
That's pretty good read.
Wade's provided some solid leadership.
I'd love to see Allison and Rice and starters around him (sorry TWill)...if not a guy like Larry Fitz would realy make a great WR corps

PurplePowerPunch
12-08-2007, 11:29 AM
"bleedpurple" wrote:


Shank and Wade are underpaid offensive juggernauts!!!! PERIOD!!!!!


puff puff give....




Yeah they are. I never knew Bobby Wade was such a hard worker.

V4L
12-08-2007, 01:17 PM
Charles Gordon is the shit

Definitley a steal

V-Unit
12-08-2007, 03:11 PM
"V4L" wrote:


Charles Gordon is the shit

Definitley a steal



The best dime back in the league, and a great nickle back as well.

ejmat
12-08-2007, 04:12 PM
All FAs have been solid.
You can't fault Wade and Shancoe of bad stats.
That's because there was no passing game to begin with.
You have to look at delivering when given the opportunity.
Both have done pretty well for the most part.
A few
mistakes here and there but I think every player makes mistakes here and there.
I have ot say the draft and Free Agency has been great for the vikings the past two years.
Look at last year.
Taylor, Hutch, Leber.
this year Wade, Shank, and Ciurcui have produced.
Draft has been pretty good too.