PDA

View Full Version : Vikes Interested in L- Fitzgerald !?

Tom2Bucs
11-22-2007, 11:07 PM
Make sure you read the notes. I know it's a little early to go into this, but this site has always been about 80% credible.
http://min.scout.com/2/704399.html
I would love to see this!

stateVIKE44
11-22-2007, 11:27 PM
I would LOVE to see this happen, but I am very leary to get my hopes up yet.

Ranger
11-22-2007, 11:28 PM
"Tom2Bucs" wrote:

Make sure you read the notes. I know it's a little early to go into this, but this site has always been about 80% credible.

Man, I remember watching Larry almost single handedly defeat Miami in college...every third down was a fade to Larry, and even under double and triple coverage by guys now in the NFL, he'd come down with it.
If Pitt had had a few more good players, they'd have won that game.
He'd be a phenominal addition.

huxx
11-22-2007, 11:38 PM
I've been saying this all season.
We need him...we'll have the $...a perfect fit.

Ltrey33
11-22-2007, 11:43 PM
Getting Fitz would be amazing, but what incentive would he have to come here?

Great receivers want to play with great quarterbacks. Hometown allegiance means very little if it means you will fade into obscurity as a receiver on a bad team.

Not sure if he has the option to veto a trade or anything like that....but I can't see him being thrilled to be traded to the Vikes.

C Mac D
11-22-2007, 11:46 PM
Yeah... Hell Yeah... This would be awesome.

This is a great way to end my Turkey Day!!!

I hope we make this deal... Someone was asking what would make me like Chilly, well this wouldn't hurt.

happy camper
11-23-2007, 12:19 AM
Settle down, this doesn't mean anything.

It says the Vikings MIGHT be interested in Fitz. It doesn't even cite it as a rumor. They are just putting 2 and 2 together (Vikes need a WR, Cardinals might want to dump his contract).

And even if the Vikings wanted him, there is much time before now and when we can actually acquire him.

Garland Greene
11-23-2007, 12:21 AM
"C" wrote:

Yeah... Hell Yeah... This would be awesome.

This is a great way to end my Turkey Day!!!

I hope we make this deal... Someone was asking what would make me like Chilly, well this wouldn't hurt.

Won't matter much if he still has T-Joke for a QB.

CCthebest
11-23-2007, 12:51 AM
He will not come here with TJ as QB unless he makes a huge amount of cash. No way, no how.

C Mac D
11-23-2007, 12:55 AM
"CCthebest" wrote:

He will not come here with TJ as QB unless he makes a huge amount of cash. No way, no how.

Lets hope McNabb is here.

Mr-holland
11-23-2007, 01:48 AM
"happy" wrote:

Settle down, this doesn't mean anything.

It says the Vikings MIGHT be interested in Fitz. It doesn't even cite it as a rumor. They are just putting 2 and 2 together (Vikes need a WR, Cardinals might want to dump his contract).

And even if the Vikings wanted him, there is much time before now and when we can actually acquire him.

Yeah, spot in i really agree they are only telling that the cards are willing to trade

El Vikingo
11-23-2007, 04:52 AM
"C" wrote:

"CCthebest" wrote:

Lets hope McNabb is here.

You can count on that, amigo.

MetalMike-LoudVike
11-23-2007, 07:26 AM
It would be nice if they got off their hands and did something this off-season.

Prophet
11-23-2007, 09:04 AM
"Tom2Bucs" wrote:

The ballboy said it too, and he is 1% accurate, so if it is additive and the 80% you pulled out of your ass is correct there is an 81% chance it is true.
If I win the lottery I will have a lot of disposable money.

Marrdro
11-23-2007, 09:07 AM
Even though I am usually pretty optimistic, I want to see something a little more solid before I believe it.
Seems like a good fit though, we have the bucks to sign him and he has ties here.

As I've said repeatedly, I don't care what someone says about our QB situation....
If Bryzcheapski makes an offer that is good enough, anyone will come and play here.

Couple of other nuggets in here of more interest to me:

I've been on Bryzcheapski the last 4 or 5 weeks, but I will give him credit when it comes to signing our players that are on the roster already that would hurt us if they left.

Lets hope he continues down that path as well as opening the damn checkbook a bit when it comes to a couple of FA this year that might help (QB, DE, Secondary).

but it is hard to argue that the team has made a point to assure themselves that the majority of their component parts are going remain in place for years to come. That is how you build a Super Bowl contender. If the Vikings can plug a few leaks in free agency and/or the draft, the franchise will be on solid footing for years to come and will make the ascent back to the upper tier of NFC teams

The Rams released former Vikings wide receiver receiver Travis Taylor Wednesday. Taylor, who became a free agent this spring, was signed by the Raiders but released earlier this year.

Anyone else upset we let him go?
Maybe, just maybe, out coaching staff (and not just the Chiller) know what the hell they are doing when it comes to letting guys go.

singersp
11-23-2007, 09:12 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

"Tom2Bucs" wrote:

The ballboy said it too, and he is 1% accurate, so if it is additive and the 80% you pulled out of your ass is correct there is an 81% chance it is true.
If I win the lottery I will have a lot of disposable money.

When Fitzgerald was the ballboy for the Vikings, his accuracy loomed around 3%.

I haven't been getting any good info from ballboys the last few years. It's gone steaadly down hill since he claimed Edgerrin James was coming here.

kevoncox
11-23-2007, 10:28 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

Even though I am usually pretty optimistic, I want to see something a little more solid before I believe it.
Seems like a good fit though, we have the bucks to sign him and he has ties here.

As I've said repeatedly, I don't care what someone says about our QB situation....
If Bryzcheapski makes an offer that is good enough, anyone will come and play here.

I've been on Bryzcheapski the last 4 or 5 weeks, but I will give him credit when it comes to signing our players that are on the roster already that would hurt us if they left.

Lets hope he continues down that path as well as opening the gol 'darnit checkbook a bit when it comes to a couple of FA this year that might help (QB, DE, Secondary).

but it is hard to argue that the team has made a point to assure themselves that the majority of their component parts are going remain in place for years to come. That is how you build a Super Bowl contender. If the Vikings can plug a few leaks in free agency and/or the draft, the franchise will be on solid footing for years to come and will make the ascent back to the upper tier of NFC teams

The Rams released former Vikings wide receiver receiver Travis Taylor Wednesday. Taylor, who became a free agent this spring, was signed by the Raiders but released earlier this year.

Maybe, just maybe, out coaching staff (and not just the Chiller) know what the hell they are doing when it comes to letting guys go.

I think the Rams have the luxury to do so. Seeing that we don't have a WR close to Holt, Bruce or Bennet perharps you shouldn't be comparing our needs to those of the rams.

Marrdro
11-23-2007, 10:40 AM
"kevoncox" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Lets hope he continues down that path as well as opening the gol 'darnit checkbook a bit when it comes to a couple of FA this year that might help (QB, DE, Secondary).

I think the Rams have the luxury to do so. Seeing that we don't have a WR close to Holt, Bruce or Bennet perharps you shouldn't be comparing our needs to those of the rams.

Good point on the Rams, but how about the Raiders, who let him go, and all the other teams that passed on him when he was available.

There are a hell of alot of teams out there in desparate need (as we are) of quality Vet WR's and yet he is still bouncing around.

PurpleTide
11-23-2007, 10:53 AM
Man Fitz would be a nice fit with the Vikes, but we have to play it smart and evaluate all the free agents this offseason. But first we have to let the rest of this season play out. A few questions need to be answered yet. Lets let this team decide what we need to do to get better. Then we'll grab what we need, and draft the rest.

kevoncox
11-23-2007, 10:58 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"kevoncox" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Good point on the Rams, but how about the Raiders, who let him go, and all the other teams that passed on him when he was available.

There are a hell of alot of teams out there in desparate need (as we are) of quality Vet WR's and yet he is still bouncing around.

I really don't think anyone would be actively pursuing any of our guys at his age either.
He's not a bad WR. He's certainly better than Fergerson. I compare him to Wade. They seem to be the same type of player. I believe wade is faster though.

BigMoInAZ
11-23-2007, 12:10 PM
This is coming from VU which supposedly has an 80% projection rate?? ::)

It ain't gonna happen, nice early X-Mas wish!

Keep dreaming! ;D

NodakPaul
11-23-2007, 12:36 PM
Where did we get the stat of "80% accurate" anyway?

I am not going to get worked up about any trade rumors for the offseason while there are still six games left in the regular season...

C Mac D
11-23-2007, 12:38 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

Where did we get the stat of "80% accurate" anyway?

I am not going to get worked up about any trade rumors for the offseason while there are still six games left in the regular season...

The very first post in this thread said that... who knows.

Boyum
11-23-2007, 12:39 PM
"Tom2Bucs" wrote:

I give Viking Update a SLIGHT edge over Charley Walters in accuracy and that's not giving them much.

I would love to see it happen however.

singersp
11-23-2007, 12:42 PM
Even if the Vikings were interested, no way in hell he comes here. Despite the fact that he was the ballboy here.

He wants out of Arizona as it is because he is not getting the ball enough. (See the "Fitzgerald wants out of the desert" thread).

With our dink & dunk WCO & AD pounding the ball, he would see less touches than he's seeing there.

Obviously, if he's unhappy not getting enough balls thrown to him there, no way in hell would he want to come here to get even less.

With that said, I hope I'm forced to eat my words. I wouldn't mind seeing him in purple.

TheWhizzinator
11-23-2007, 12:46 PM
My 2 cents...

I wouldn't be surprised to eventually see LF as a Viking. I have been watching the Cardinals for years (living in AZ) and I would rather see Boldin in a Vikes uniform. I know LF is from MN, but Boldin is a better player. He's tough and an inspirational leader on the team. There is something about a WR who can run over defenders and throw huge blocks (ala Hines Ward). Also, LF has dropped some key passes this year and once fumbled in 3 straight games this year. He's easily stripped and needs to control the ball better.

The Dropper
11-23-2007, 12:54 PM
Usually it takes until the offseason for the "Fitz to the Vikings" threads to start.

I wonder how many there are.
::)

marstc09
11-23-2007, 01:31 PM
McNabb to Fitz would be interesting. I hope it happens.

Vikes_King
11-23-2007, 01:50 PM
eh we'll see. we all know the vikings are (well.. hopefully) going to do something to fix our WR woes this offseason, who they bring in will be a mystery for a while :\

tb04512
11-23-2007, 01:58 PM
"singersp" wrote:

Even if the Vikings were interested, no way in hell he comes here. Despite the fact that he was the ballboy here.

He wants out of Arizona as it is because he is not getting the ball enough. (See the "Fitzgerald wants out of the desert" thread).

With our dink & dunk WCO & AD pounding the ball, he would see less touches than he's seeing there.

Obviously, if he's unhappy not getting enough balls thrown to him there, no way in hell would he want to come here to get even less.

With that said, I hope I'm forced to eat my words. I wouldn't mind seeing him in purple.

i agree but i could see him getting 10 looks in a game, AP opens up the passing game, soo its a possibility but who knows

AngloVike
11-23-2007, 03:05 PM
"tb04512" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

i agree but i could see him getting 10 looks in a game, AP opens up the passing game, soo its a possibility but who knows

then again that is assuming that Childress is here to run the offense... if we have a new HC then a new scheme might suit Fitzgerald

BleedinPandG
11-23-2007, 04:49 PM
The Vikes need a go to back.
If Fitz can become that he will get plenty of looks.
Remember, their offense is still stumbling this year which means they aren't running nearly as many plays as some of the upper tier teams and thus don't throw as many passes.
As the offense continues to improve (a go to receiver would definitely speed that improvement) the number of total offensive plays is going to increase.
Fitz is going to know that TJack has got a cannon for an arm and that AD is going to provide him plenty of single coverage downfield... that's not a bad combination for a receiver...

singersp
11-23-2007, 05:11 PM
"BleedinPandG" wrote:

Remember, their offense is still stumbling this year which means they aren't running nearly as many plays as some of the upper tier teams and thus don't throw as many passes.
As the offense continues to improve (a go to receiver would definitely speed that improvement) the number of total offensive plays is going to increase.
Fitz is going to know that TJack has got a cannon for an arm and that AD is going to provide him plenty of single coverage downfield... that's not a bad combination for a receiver...

I think you mean WR. Just don't know yet if Rice can be that guy. I like what I see so far. He has a lot of potential he's been showing.

BleedinPandG
11-23-2007, 05:14 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"BleedinPandG" wrote:

I think you mean WR. Just don't know yet if Rice can be that guy.

*blushes*
Yes... WR... Rice may be but I think he's a few years from getting there.
I really think it takes a few years for most offensive guys to get used to the more physical nature of D's in the Pros... the D Backs are so much stronger and faster, getting open takes a lot more knowledge and work.
A guy like Fitz could teach the young guys like TWill and Rice a lot of things just like Carter did for Moss.

purplepride_1961
11-23-2007, 05:15 PM
all we can do is hope and pray

V4L
11-23-2007, 05:20 PM
This has been said for 3 years

Ill believe it when I see it

Prophet
11-23-2007, 05:22 PM
"V4L" wrote:

This has been said for 3 years

Ill believe it when I see it

No doubt, this is probably the 6th or so thread saying the same thing over the past couple years.
Search the topic and you'll see numerous threads saying virtually the exact same thing.

vike_mike
11-23-2007, 05:46 PM
I can remember his dad talking to Andrew Cicilano on radio and he asked his dad before he was drafted who he wanted to play for and he said the Vikings.
Let's make it happen.

DaVizzles
11-23-2007, 06:00 PM
He would look great in purple!

http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key[name],value[L+FITZGERALD]&set=key[number],value[11]&set=key[displaysize],value[220]&load=url[http://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/p1369358_customback.chain]

aceclown
11-23-2007, 06:02 PM
"DaVizzles" wrote:

http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key[name],value[L+FITZGERALD]&set=key[number],value[11]&set=key[displaysize],value[220]&load=url[http://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/p1369358_customback.chain]

pretty sure he would be the only fitzgerald on the team, negating the need for the L on the jersey.

singersp
11-23-2007, 06:16 PM
"DaVizzles" wrote:

??? Number 11?

What's his number in AZ?

Vikes_King
11-23-2007, 06:40 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"DaVizzles" wrote:

??? Number 11?

What's his number in AZ?

ThorSPL
11-24-2007, 12:18 PM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"DaVizzles" wrote:

??? Number 11?

What's his number in AZ?

Who would've thought!

davike
11-24-2007, 12:31 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"DaVizzles" wrote:

??? Number 11?

What's his number in AZ?

Singer obviously keeps up on Fitz
;D
;)

marstc09
11-24-2007, 03:46 PM
"DaVizzles" wrote:

Then I could have my Culpepper jerseys redone but they still would be the old jersey design.

Ltrey33
11-24-2007, 04:19 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"DaVizzles" wrote:

??? Number 11?

What's his number in AZ?

He's 11.

http://www.vibe.com/blog/ball/LarryFitzgerald01.jpg

MNgriff
11-24-2007, 04:23 PM
I would love to see fitz. Oh yeah and fitz must live in MN because when I worked valet at mystic he would always be in town on the bye/offseason bringing his mom to the casino. Very nice guy and great talent. Fitz wants to be in MN, because the vikes were his team growing up and really we're a FA qb away from having a top team. It's not a matter of if fitz wants to be here, it's a matter of the wilfs opening up the pocketbook. I don't see that happening.

Braddock
11-24-2007, 04:40 PM
"MNgriff" wrote:

I would love to see fitz. Oh yeah and fitz must live in MN because when I worked valet at mystic he would always be in town on the bye/offseason bringing his mom to the casino. Very nice guy and great talent. Fitz wants to be in MN, because the vikes were his team growing up and really we're a FA qb away from having a top team. It's not a matter of if fitz wants to be here, it's a matter of the wilfs opening up the pocketbook. I don't see that happening.

What? You do know we have one of the most expenisve offensive lines in the league? Major money to Wade and Shiancoe... Are you kidding? Wilf has let the money rain. What Red McCombs era you livin in?

happy camper
11-24-2007, 05:05 PM
"MNgriff" wrote:

What are you smoking?

The Vikings will bring in a huge FA or trade this offseason. They need to do it to sell hope and seats to the fans next season. Add to that the fight for a new stadium.

marstc09
11-24-2007, 05:10 PM
"happy" wrote:

"MNgriff" wrote:

What are you smoking?

The Vikings will bring in a huge FA or trade this offseason. They need to do it to sell hope and seats to the fans next season. Add to that the fight for a new stadium.

I agree 100%. I think we will see a good draft and FA.

midgensa
11-24-2007, 05:59 PM
Wow ... people who want to get Fitzy and who think we might have a chance? Some article that says he might be on our radar? Such a fresh perspective that I don't think has been discussed on here 10 or more times in the last two years :roll:

Purple Floyd
11-24-2007, 08:10 PM
So in summary next year we will have Donavan McNabb throwing the ball to Fitz and Cowher will run AP for 2000 yards behind the right tackle that we will draft with our first pick.

Did I miss anything else? ;D

Ltrey33
11-24-2007, 09:00 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

So in summary next year we will have Donavan McNabb throwing the ball to Fitz and Cowher will run AP for 2000 yards behind the right tackle that we will draft with our first pick.

Yes. Childress will be assuming the role of Viktor next year.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/ltrey33/76666178.jpg

litlharsh
11-24-2007, 10:23 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

hahaha very nice.

As a poster somewhere once said, "Another offseason, another rumor of Larry Fitzgerald going to the Vikings"

Purple Floyd
11-25-2007, 10:26 AM
"Ltrey" wrote:

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

Yes. Childress will be assuming the role of Viktor next year.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/ltrey33/76666178.jpg

Not without some help from the Hairclub for men lol. ;D