PDA

View Full Version : this weekend

PapaBearHalas
12-03-2004, 05:32 AM
First off let me say I hate the Viqueens almost as much as the SLackers. The teams are just too easy to hate I mean look at the poster children. A vicodin munching hillbilly quarterback and a punk basketcase receiver. How embarassing for the NFC North...I can't wait for the Bears to retake their rightful place at the top of the division.

that said I think the Queens will win this game. Our defense is a lot better this year but your offense has matured and learned how to better control the ball and eat up the clock. I have seen that in a couple of your games this year. In this game our defens will be on the field too long and wear down. Our offense is lost this year. I do think we will get a good running game going against you guys but we will need to pass to stay in this one and that won't go so well.

I do like our chances a little better at home, the Queens don't like to crawl out of the roller dome very much but I still see this one going your way as much as it makes my stomach hurt.

Also whats up with all the injuries in the NFC NOrth this year? If you look at these four teams they have all had injuries to their key players. I can't wait to see what happens when we are all healthy.

purplehorn
12-03-2004, 08:07 AM
I wish dumb bear would take a lesson from you on appropriate smack
talk.

I wish ya all had a qb to make the game more interesting, and
with your banged up secondary you really have no chance-oh well.

This is the first time I've said this also GO PHILLY we VIKING WARRIORS
like the view from the top.

whackthepack
12-03-2004, 08:34 AM
Papa Bear you speak some what the truth except "the rightful place on top of the division".

Papa Bear I think you have been eating to much porridge!

cajunvike
12-03-2004, 10:04 AM
"PapaBearHalas" wrote:

First off let me say I hate the Viqueens almost as much as the SLackers. The teams are just too easy to hate I mean look at the poster children. A vicodin munching hillbilly quarterback and a punk basketcase receiver. How embarassing for the NFC North...I can't wait for the Bears to retake their rightful place at the top of the division.

that said I think the Queens will win this game. Our defense is a lot better this year but your offense has matured and learned how to better control the ball and eat up the clock. I have seen that in a couple of your games this year. In this game our defens will be on the field too long and wear down. Our offense is lost this year. I do think we will get a good running game going against you guys but we will need to pass to stay in this one and that won't go so well.

I do like our chances a little better at home, the Queens don't like to crawl out of the roller dome very much but I still see this one going your way as much as it makes my stomach hurt.

Also whats up with all the injuries in the NFC NOrth this year? If you look at these four teams they have all had injuries to their key players. I can't wait to see what happens when we are all healthy.

Nah, you guys just have the Fridge, who simply ate himself out of a job! Who the hell cares about the Chicago BORES anyway! :bootyshake:

snowinapril
12-03-2004, 10:04 AM
Urlacher Happy to Walk Again

Associated Press

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- Brian Urlacher's leg began swelling and he figured it was no big deal, just part of the aches and pains he had become accustomed to after a game.

But hours later, when his foot started going numb in the middle of the night, he knew he was in trouble.

Urlacher phoned Chicago Bears trainer Tim Bream and then headed to the hospital. At 5 a.m., doctors performed surgery to relieve the pressure of internal bleeding in his left calf.

The initial prognosis on Nov. 15, the day after the Bears had beaten Tennessee, was that the four-time Pro Bowler would miss four to six weeks.

Less than three weeks later, Urlacher is back on the practice field. He'd like to play this week against the Vikings, but plans to return for sure the following week against the Jaguars.

"It was the first time I've had surgery, so I didn't really know what to expect. But the main thing was that the scar healed up and there was no pain, so I should be fine," Urlacher said Thursday.

Urlacher's leg bothered him after the Bears' overtime win against the Titans, apparently from being either kicked or hit in the calf with a helmet in the fourth quarter.

"After the game my leg swelled up like I had two grapefruits on my leg," he said.

Urlacher said the quick action of the medical staff saved his season and maybe his career.

"I'm sure it could be a lot worse. My season could be over. It's not. I'm just happy to be able to walk again. It was a scary thing when it happened," Urlacher said.

Urlacher hadn't missed a game in his first four seasons, but it seems to have caught up to him. He hurt his hamstring in the very first workout of training camp and missed the third and fourth games of the season when that injury flared up. Now he's been sidelined for two more and it's obvious how much the Bears (4-7) miss him -- they're 0-4 in those games and extremely vulnerable to the run without their best player on the field.

"Nobody heals from that that quickly," defensive end Alex Brown said of Urlacher's latest recovery. "He's different."

Urlacher said he'll let the doctors decide if he should play this Sunday or next.

"Brian is close, he's making progress every day," coach Lovie Smith said after Thursday's practice. "It's good that Brian will let the doctors decide that, too."

cheesefree
12-03-2004, 11:04 AM
"PapaBearHalas" wrote:

a punk basketcase receiver

Both Dr. Phil and Dr. Ruth say you suffer from Moss envy, stemming from having very small...recievers :lol:
By the way, it will be fun watching the "punk basketcase reciever" break some more all time TD records in Sundays Vikings win. :cheers:

"PapaBearHalas" wrote:

How embarassing for the NFC North...I can't wait for the Bears to retake their rightful place at the top of the division.

=D> Another comedian :thebirdman:

Eyesore
12-03-2004, 11:24 AM
Papbearhalas,

I am pulling for your perenial crappy team to win. Only one problem, and that is your team absolutely blows. Did your offence even scoe a TD durring the month of November?

More smack?

Whens the last time your Bears beat G.B. in the state of Ill-in-noise? 1993 or so.

2 days till you get blown out.

uncle tony
12-03-2004, 11:46 AM
:bootyshake: The good news for you on Sunday is that the game will be tied when they start play. After that it will be another L for the little bears. I sent you some tissues to use during thr game. Try not to use them all in the 1st quarter.

CT Viking Man
12-03-2004, 12:19 PM
WHOA!, Papabearhalas has a lot of heart coming in and speaking those words. The Bears have had how many good years over the past five-six years??? ONE...

Admit...you would love to have both the "vicodin munching hillbilly" quarterback and the "punk basketcase receiver" on your team. It would at least make the Bears respectable.

Eyesore
12-03-2004, 12:30 PM
Funny thing is, the best offensive player the Bears have, was just signed less than a week ago and most likely will not see action Sunday.

skogs02
12-03-2004, 12:36 PM
"Eyesore" wrote:

Papbearhalas,

I am pulling for your perenial crappy team to win. Only one problem, and that is your team absolutely blows. Did your offence even scoe a TD durring the month of November?

More smack?

Whens the last time your Bears beat G.B. in the state of Ill-in-noise? 1993 or so.

2 days till you get blown out.For a team that blows they did pretty good against the packers, so what does that say about the peckers?

Eyesore
12-03-2004, 12:45 PM
What it says is that the Packers will not beat the Bears every single time they play each other. Yes the Bears won in Lambeau earlier this year.

Big picture,

The bears are playing for next years draft pick (like every year)
The Packers are playing for this years playoff seed. (like every year)

:salute:

PapaBearHalas
12-03-2004, 01:56 PM
LMAO you know for all the crap you Queen and Slacker fans are talking, the bottom line is we lost by 5 points in Minny and we kicked the crap out of GB in Lambeau. If we were that pathetic you would have blown us away on both counts. We'll see what happens Sunday...

Oh yeah our offense may suck but neither of your defenses could stop a high school JV team!

ItalianStallion
12-03-2004, 02:04 PM
You are pathetic, except when you play against NFC north teams and then you only slightly suck.

SKOL
12-03-2004, 02:06 PM
Your team is different than it was in Minny PaperBear. Grossman's out on the offensive side. Your strength is your defense, but Urlacher's out, your secondary's hobbled, and I think I read somewhere that Ogun's out. Maybe you'll score on special teams..., It's the only hope ya got.

Eyesore
12-03-2004, 02:07 PM
Papabearhalas,

Let me show some goodwill here,

You have the second best 4-7 team in the NFC north.

Caine
12-03-2004, 02:09 PM
"PapaBearHalas" wrote:

LMAO you know for all the crap you Queen and Slacker fans are talking, the bottom line is we lost by 5 points in Minny and we kicked the crap out of GB in Lambeau. If we were that pathetic you would have blown us away on both counts. We'll see what happens Sunday...

Oh yeah our offense may suck but neither of your defenses could stop a high school JV team!

Hate to burst the bubble of delusion you live in...but I'm going to anyway :twisted:

When Chicago played Green Bay, you had two things going for you:
1: Doug Grossman was playing
2: Grady Jackson wasn't.

Both of those factors are reversed. While I'd LIKE to see you beat Green Bay...I'm not banking on it. Plus, Favre has NEVER lost IN Chicago...NEVER. I don't see this being the year that streak is broken....unfortunately.

When playing Minnesota, you again had Grossman. But, Grossman "fell down went boom"...and there went any shot you guys had at making an impact this year.

Our Offense - unlike yours - can actually score. Our Defense is firming up, so look for better play on that side of the ball...especially with your horrible QB situation.

Chicago could easily go 0-5 on the rest of the season.

Caine

vikefan in WI
12-03-2004, 02:36 PM
Isn't the packer-bear game the last one of the season? If so I would expect that jeff george will be starting by then. Bears offense will not be much better, but might be good enough if bear D has both urlacher and tillman healthy.

VikingsTw
12-04-2004, 12:23 AM
"Caine" wrote:

"PapaBearHalas" wrote:

Hate to burst the bubble of delusion you live in...but I'm going to anyway :twisted:

When Chicago played Green Bay, you had two things going for you:
1: Doug Grossman was playing
2: Grady Jackson wasn't.

Both of those factors are reversed. While I'd LIKE to see you beat Green Bay...I'm not banking on it. Plus, Favre has NEVER lost IN Chicago...NEVER. I don't see this being the year that streak is broken....unfortunately.

When playing Minnesota, you again had Grossman. But, Grossman "fell down went boom"...and there went any shot you guys had at making an impact this year.

Our Offense - unlike yours - can actually score. Our Defense is firming up, so look for better play on that side of the ball...especially with your horrible QB situation.

Chicago could easily go 0-5 on the rest of the season.

Caine

LMAOROTF!!!

Why do bears fans hate us so much :scratch: , i barly dislike them more than an AFC team.

hawaiianvike21
12-04-2004, 02:57 AM
Ah come on, nfcn divisional games are usually always close no matter how shitty one is. Thats what makes our division so much special and named the black and blue divsion. Lots of close and intense games.

Usually no blowouts. :blackeye:

casper
12-04-2004, 04:19 AM
"whackthepack" wrote:

Papa Bear you speak some what the truth except "the rightful place on top of the division".

Papa Bear I think you have been eating to much porridge!

Good post Whack :thumbleft:

and Poopy Bear the division does and has had the nic name as the Black and Blue division for half a century plus #-o due to the ruffness :violent1: of the teams and players :roll:

cheesefree
12-04-2004, 11:27 AM
"vikingstw" wrote:

Why do bears fans hate us so much :scratch: , i barly dislike them more than an AFC team.

They almost seem to hate us more than the Packers :occasion5: