PDA

View Full Version : Peterson to practice today.

vikingivan
11-21-2007, 12:26 PM
http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/?p=1152

I could see a mob gathering outside "The Chiller's" home if he is more severly injured after the Giants game.

mountainviking
11-21-2007, 12:31 PM
No doubt.
PLEASE DON'T HURT ADRIAN PETERSON!!!!!!
I don't care if he sits the rest of the season, just make dam sure he is healthy to start next year!!

Probably just another smoke and mirrors thing...Chilly likes to play games with the injury report
;)

Marrdro
11-21-2007, 12:32 PM
Give him more carries Chiller or you get fired..........

Remember that crew.

Even with national attention/heat the coaching staff took for making sure he had limited touches in an effort to keep him fresh/not let him hit the rookie now everyone is worried the Chiller won't do the right thing.

Seems kindof silly to me.

The staff (not just the Chiller) will make the right call on this. If he isn't healthy enough to go, he won't go, if he is healthy enough to go, then he will go.

Seems to me that is how things work on real NFL organizations isn't it or are we contending again that we aren't fans of a real organization?
::)

Frostbite
11-21-2007, 12:34 PM
The Key in this press release is that he will be taking part in a "limited" workout....Most likely for evaluation and strength testing by Team Drs. This is no way means he will play Sunday...and Should not Play in my humble opinion until he's 100 percent.

Why would anyone want to risk this guys future when it isn't necessary is beyond me....We have Chester Taylor who is running very well. I honestly don't see the team rushing A.P. back for the NY game...Again...I think that would be stupid if he's not 100 percent.

Cheers!

Marrdro
11-21-2007, 12:39 PM
"Frostbite" wrote:

The Key in this press release is that he will be taking part in a "limited" workout....Most likely for evaluation and strength testing by Team Drs. This is no way means he will play Sunday...and Should not Play in my humble opinion until he's 100 percent.

Why would anyone want to risk this guys future when it isn't necessary is beyond me....We have Chester Taylor who is running very well. I honestly don't see the team rushing A.P. back for the NY game...Again...I think that would be stupid if he's not 100 percent.

Cheers!

Exactly.

I guess what you have are a few daft posters on here who believe that because they believe the Chillers job is in some sort of question/jeapordy then he would take the chance of playing him hurt which could result in further injury.

Problem I have with trying to understand that rationale is that wouldn't that in turn put his job at a bigger risk?

Absolutely insane how some people think my friend.

C Mac D
11-21-2007, 12:51 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

Remember that crew.

Even with national attention/heat the coaching staff took for making sure he had limited touches in an effort to keep him fresh/not let him hit the rookie now everyone is worried the Chiller won't do the right thing.

The staff (not just the Chiller) will make the right call on this. If he isn't healthy enough to go, he won't go, if he is healthy enough to go, then he will go.

Seems to me that is how things work on real NFL organizations isn't it or are we contending again that we aren't fans of a real organization?

Yeah... I remember that crew, and I'm not ashamed to say I was part of it... but this is a completely different situation.

You are talking about when Peterson was 100% and had over 100 yards in the first half in a game... then Chilly only gave him 3 more touches in the second half... that's moronic.

NOW... we are talking about an injured Peterson, whom shouldn't be forced back on to the field before he's 100%.

So, in conclusion, you're statement of "Give him more carries Chiller or you get fired. Remember that crew." (which is actually a question and should have a question mark) is not a valid point here because of the completely different situations.

Couldn't resist...
;)

Frostbite
11-21-2007, 12:55 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!

Exactly.

I guess what you have are a few daft posters on here who believe that because they believe the Chillers job is in some sort of question/jeapordy then he would take the chance of playing him hurt which could result in further injury.

Problem I have with trying to understand that rationale is that wouldn't that in turn put his job at a bigger risk?

Absolutely insane how some people think my friend.

Thanks Marrdro....It boggles my mind sometimes. I respect everyone's opinion but I wonder if some of the fans have any real appreciation for how special a runner A.P. is, and how lucky we are to have him. I have seen only a few runners like him in my lifetime as a fan... usually on other teams.
Honestly....he's got that rare ability and mind set that reminds me a lot of Walter Peyton, who loved to dish it out and did not like going out of bounds on plays.

If he stays healthy I have no doubt he will break all kinds of rushing records....How many Vikings running backs have we had that worked out here...that you could say that about?? Forman was pretty darn good....so was Robert Smith but A.P.....this guy is on a different planet from these guys. So....all of us as Vikings fans should be on the same page. DON'T RUSH THE MAN BACK BEFORE HE"S 100 PERCENT. When he is....let him romp!!

Cheers!

Mr Anderson
11-21-2007, 12:56 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

Remember that crew.

I don't think the "Give AD more carries crew" can be related to this situation. It doesn't matter who got hit by Al Harris on that play, they were getting hurt.

midgensa
11-21-2007, 01:02 PM
There is no need to rush him back, BUT ... if the doctors clear him and he is not in pain ... then getting him on the field is not a horrible idea.
If we somehow win in the Meadowlands and the Pack hold serve at Detroit, we are only a game back of the playoffs ... and Chilly knows this.
If Peterson can play he will ... if he can't he won't ... that is pretty much how it works. We don't know anything about if it is rushing him back ... we can only speculate. It is the doctor's call.

Frostbite
11-21-2007, 01:11 PM
"midgensa" wrote:

There is no need to rush him back, BUT ... if the doctors clear him and he is not in pain ... then getting him on the field is not a horrible idea.
If we somehow win in the Meadowlands and the Pack hold serve at Detroit, we are only a game back of the playoffs ... and Chilly knows this.
If Peterson can play he will ... if he can't he won't ... that is pretty much how it works. We don't know anything about if it is rushing him back ... we can only speculate. It is the doctor's call.

Yes....that's why he's in "Limited Workout" for evaluation....I understand that....but we some fans on here talking about sending the man on the field with a Knee Brace for pete's sake! and less than 100 percent....and with a very good Chester Taylor ready to go! Please Read My Lips! PLEASE DO NOT RUSH THE MAN BACK FOR THE SAKE OF ONE POSSIBLE WIN WHILE RISKING HIS LONG TERM CAREER IN THE PROCESS.

Sorry about the bolds....but I was feeling Capitol today until I started reading tripe about playing A.P. in the Giants game if he's not 100 percent.

Cheers!

CCthebest
11-21-2007, 01:11 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

Remember that crew.

Are you for real? I mean do you honestly think his injury had anything to do with childress not starting AD or giving him more then 12 carries???????

NodakPaul
11-21-2007, 01:25 PM
"CCthebest" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Remember that crew.

Are you for real? I mean do you honestly think his injury had anything to do with childress not starting AD or giving him more then 12 carries???????

What the F are you talking about?
Marrdro said "The staff (not just the Chiller) will make the right call on this. If he isn't healthy enough to go, he won't go, if he is healthy enough to go, then he will go.".
Your reply made no sense.

mountainviking
11-21-2007, 01:26 PM
"Frostbite" wrote:

Thanks Marrdro....It boggles my mind sometimes. I respect everyone's opinion but I wonder if some of the fans have any real appreciation for how special a runner A.P. is, and how lucky we are to have him. I have seen only a few runners like him in my lifetime as a fan... usually on other teams.
Honestly....he's got that rare ability and mind set that reminds me a lot of Walter Peyton, who loved to dish it out and did not like going out of bounds on plays.

If he stays healthy I have no doubt he will break all kinds of rushing records....How many Vikings running backs have we had that worked out here...that you could say that about?? Forman was pretty darn good....so was Robert Smith but A.P.....this guy is on a different planet from these guys. So....all of us as Vikings fans should be on the same page. DON'T RUSH THE MAN BACK BEFORE HE"S 100 PERCENT. When he is....let him romp!!

Cheers!

Exactly!
That kid is Amazing!!
That is why I think I'd be concerned about his health no matter who our coaches/owners are!!
And, I just don't see how it can go from a tear that is a "two and a half on a scale of 1 to 3, 3 being worst," to ready to play and absorb hits in just a couple of weeks ???
CT and MeMo can handle it for now...Please, just err (if any) on the side of caution!
Unfortunately, the large increase in carries seems to show some giving in to the all the criticism by our team...as well as the whole thing with TWill's check...Does the media seem to always just pick on us, or are we just always somehow in the media?

IMHO there is at least a slightly increased probability of injury when a RB goes well over 20 carries...that at some point, your body gets kind of pounded into submission, and just doesn't react as well to defend itself on a basic, instinctual level.
And, of course, more chances for that one bad play.

So, perhaps, this injury figures in slightly for the argument of the proponents of the 1-2 punch...?
;D

NodakPaul
11-21-2007, 01:27 PM
"Frostbite" wrote:

Yes....that's why he's in "Limited Workout" for evaluation....I understand that....but we some fans on here talking about sending the man on the field with a Knee Brace for pete's sake! and less than 100 percent....and with a very good Chester Taylor ready to go! Please Read My Lips! PLEASE DO NOT RUSH THE MAN BACK FOR THE SAKE OF ONE POSSIBLE WIN WHILE RISKING HIS LONG TERM CAREER IN THE PROCESS.

Sorry about the bolds....but I was feeling Capitol today until I started reading tripe about playing A.P. in the Giants game if he's not 100 percent.

Cheers!

Who is saying that?
I am pretty sure that the vast majority of the people on here are saying that AD needs to wait until he is healthy to play.
The problem I have is with fans who want to sit AD even after he is healthy again because they are already giving up on the season and want to preserve him for 2008.

Frostbite
11-21-2007, 01:34 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!

Who is saying that?
I am pretty sure that the vast majority of the people on here are saying that AD needs to wait until he is healthy to play.
The problem I have is with fans who want to sit AD even after he is healthy again because they are already giving up on the season and want to preserve him for 2008.

I agree with that too Nodakpaul....I don't want to baby him either....He should be back in there as soon as he's totally ready and been cleared by Team Drs for full practices with full contact. (To Me That Means 100 percent)

One of the posters said he will have a knee brace on if he plays Sunday....That's where that came from.

Cheers!

Schutz
11-21-2007, 01:47 PM
"Frostbite" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!

Who is saying that?

I agree with that too Nodakpaul....I don't want to baby him either....He should be back in there as soon as he's totally ready and been cleared by Team Drs for full practices with full contact. (To Me That Means 100 percent)

One of the posters said he will have a knee brace on if he plays Sunday....That's where that came from.

Cheers!

It's like i've said before.
What do you want?
For AP to be benched for possibly a year or two until our team to be deemed good enough for him to play?
And i'm pretty sure AP would be alot angrier with being benched than any injury he could get.
Because that's exactly what we'd want to do, keep sitting AP when he's healthy and make him mad.

Frostbite
11-21-2007, 02:07 PM
"Schutz" wrote:

"Frostbite" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!

Who is saying that?

Cheers!

What do you want?
For AP to be benched for possibly a year or two until our team to be deemed good enough for him to play?
And i'm pretty sure AP would be alot angrier with being benched than any injury he could get.
Because that's exactly what we'd want to do, keep sitting AP when he's healthy and make him mad.

You lost me there shultz??? Who's talking about "Benching" A.P. until we are deemed good enough for him to play??? Who is saying that??

Peterson strikes me a kid full of desire to play. Lots of Character and heart. These kind of players are often willing to go back in and play hard even when they are not ready. Fortunately the Team Drs make the final decision when a player is ready physically. I don't think anybody has any thoughts of benching A.P. for the rest of the season....let alone the next game if he's cleared to play. I personally don't think he will play Sunday nor do I think he should unless he's 100 percent (Has Worked Out In Full Contact and Been Cleared) and deemed ready to go.

Cheers!

PurplePowerPunch
11-21-2007, 02:18 PM
I say we as Vikings fans, jut let AD heal and stop trying to push him back on the field. Chester Taylor is the #1 back-up RB in the NFL. We can use CT until Peterson is 100% A-OK!!!

NodakPaul
11-21-2007, 02:23 PM
I think a lot is being made over the phrase "100% healthy".
I think most of us are on the same page, but getting into a debate over semantics.

I don't equate 100% healthy to 100% injury free.
In week 12, there are very few players who are 100% injury free.
Football is a punishing game.
Bodies get banged up.
So of course we can't wait until AD is 100% injury free, because that would mean waiting until next year.

By 100% healthy, I mean that he is physically able to play the game without introducing additional risk to his body.
If that includes playing with a brace, then so be it.

There are two things that I do not want to see happen.
1) AD is put back on the field before his knee + brace is strong enough, increasing the likelihood of injury to the other ligaments.
2) AD being benched because his knee is not 100%, even though playing with a brace would make it just as strong as it would be if it was.

Either of those situations would represent a coaching failure in my mind.

purplepride_1961
11-21-2007, 02:25 PM
"PurplePowerPunch" wrote:

I say we as Vikings fans, jut let AD heal and stop trying to push him back on the field. Chester Taylor is the #1 back-up RB in the NFL. We can use CT until Peterson is 100% A-OK!!!

you are totally right

jmcdon00
11-21-2007, 03:07 PM
"purplepride_1961" wrote:

you are totally right

Lucky for us this is not a democracy, our vote doesn't count. Childresses vote counts and he has said that the doctors and trainers are the ones that will make the decision. So that is good.

I think Michael Turner is the best back up, he is a beast.
Mewelde is the best 3rd stringer in the league.

Schutz
11-21-2007, 03:39 PM
"Frostbite" wrote:

"Schutz" wrote:

"Frostbite" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!

Who is saying that?

Cheers!

What do you want?

You lost me there shultz??? Who's talking about "Benching" A.P. until we are deemed good enough for him to play??? Who is saying that??

Peterson strikes me a kid full of desire to play. Lots of Character and heart. These kind of players are often willing to go back in and play hard even when they are not ready. Fortunately the Team Drs make the final decision when a player is ready physically. I don't think anybody has any thoughts of benching A.P. for the rest of the season....let alone the next game if he's cleared to play. I personally don't think he will play Sunday nor do I think he should unless he's 100 percent (Has Worked Out In Full Contact and Been Cleared) and deemed ready to go.

Cheers!

I was pointing at the people who are saying ridiculusly that since we don't have much a chance for the rest of the season we should just shelf AP even if he is healthy.
I was just sarcasticly asking if we should just not play him until we have a team that is considered good enough for us to pull him back out.

vikingivan
11-21-2007, 03:41 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

you are totally right

Lucky for us this is not a democracy, our vote doesn't count. Childresses vote counts and he has said that the doctors and trainers are the ones that will make the decision. So that is good.

AD should not participate in any contact drills until he is 100% healthy.
Period!

Michael Turner might be the best back up in the league.
Who knows?
What does he get 3 or 4 carries a game?

COJOMAY
11-21-2007, 03:44 PM
No Adrian Peterson for Vikings this week
From the Minnesota Vikings blog, The Daily Norseman, comes official word that Vikings all-world running back Adrian Peterson will not play this week against the Giants.

xlb57
11-21-2007, 04:12 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

From the Minnesota Vikings blog, The Daily Norseman, comes official word that Vikings all-world running back Adrian Peterson will not play this week against the Giants.

While I, like all of us, would love to see AD healthy and ready to go for Sunday, I am comforted in knowing that he will not be playing in this game and that they are taking their time with him. Not that I expected them to do anything differently, I had some fears of him being rushed back too soon.
This is not to say however, that I expect him for Detroit either.
Let this guy recover and let Chester work it against the Giants and Lions!
Skol!

Marrdro
11-21-2007, 04:18 PM
"CCthebest" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Remember that crew.

Wow did you miss my point.

My point is focused on the comments by a few on here that the Chiller would (if he had the final say) play AD to keep his job because of some heat that might be out there in the press.

In fact, under alot of heat to play him more he did the exact opposite.

Which gets to my point, in no way will a bit of press and whackos on a web site cause the Chiller (if he had the power) to play AD hurt to save his job.

My apologies my friend, not sure how the hell you got that from my post.
;D

hx38596
11-21-2007, 06:58 PM
"xlb57" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

While I, like all of us, would love to see AD healthy and ready to go for Sunday, I am comforted in knowing that he will not be playing in this game and that they are taking their time with him. Not that I expected them to do anything differently, I had some fears of him being rushed back too soon.
This is not to say however, that I expect him for Detroit either.
Let this guy recover and let Chester work it against the Giants and Lions!
Skol!

Definitely back by the Detroit game.
They're going to get stomped by the Pack...
A win in NY will all but ensure a playoff showdown of huge proportions the following Sunday.
I wouldn't care, he would be in there Detroit for sure.
He's in minny to help win football games.
With a game of that size (if it works out like that), i just can't see him on the sideline with so much in play.

PurplePowerPunch
11-21-2007, 07:10 PM
"vikingivan" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

you are totally right

AD should not participate in any contact drills until he is 100% healthy.
Period!

Michael Turner might be the best back up in the league.
Who knows?
What does he get 3 or 4 carries a game?

He's never gonna get a chance to play in SD, as long as L.T. is standing upright their. Alot of people sleep on Chester Taylor though.

Vikes_King
11-21-2007, 07:16 PM
if AD is missing a single step in his gallop, i really hope he doesnt play.
But if he can, that'd be awesome

NordicNed
11-21-2007, 07:16 PM
CT could start for a great number of NFL teams right now....I'm just happy he's starting for us again this week, while AD recovers......Not a big drop off in the running game when we have to bring in CT...

I even started him again this week on my FF team,
I replaced AD with him last week, and was rewarded well for the move....I"m expecting much of the same this week.....2 rushing and 1 pass reception for TD's,
thats my guess... ;)