PDA

View Full Version : Peterson, eager to return - "I'll be ready"

singersp
11-19-2007, 08:20 AM
Peterson, eager to return, will run underwater today (http://www.startribune.com/vikings/story/1559615.html)

Last update: November 19, 2007 – 1:20 AM

startribune.com

Vikings tailback Adrian Peterson will take the next step today in his recovery from a right knee injury. Speaking after the Vikings' 29-22 victory over Oakland, Peterson said he will begin running on an underwater treadmill this morning....

Marrdro
11-19-2007, 09:56 AM
At least six former Vikings teammates hugged Oakland quarterback Daunte Culpepper at midfield before Vikings coach Brad Childress made his way over for quick hug and a brief exchange.

Hate all you want, that was a class move.

This is the first time Winfield has been bothered a hamstring injury in his nine-year NFL career.

Hammy's and groin injuries sure seem to linger sometimes.
Smart to keep him out the second half.
Gonna need him against the Giants.

Garland Greene
11-19-2007, 10:28 AM
"singersp" wrote:

Peterson, eager to return, will run underwater today (http://www.startribune.com/vikings/story/1559615.html)

startribune.com

Vikings tailback Adrian Peterson will take the next step today in his recovery from a right knee injury. Speaking after the Vikings' 29-22 victory over Oakland, Peterson said he will begin running on an underwater treadmill this morning....

Don't you mean Run ON water?
:D

Marrdro
11-19-2007, 10:33 AM
"Garland" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

startribune.com

;D

I am gonna google and see if I can find one of those waterproof treadmills.
Sure hope he doesn't get electro-shock therapy.
;D

Zeus
11-19-2007, 10:36 AM
"Garland" wrote:

Purple Jesus does not run on water.
He runs on land.
And turf.
And anywhere that a green field can be found with white painted lines every 10 yards.

=Z=

BleedinPandG
11-19-2007, 11:25 AM
It would be huge if AD can play against the Giants... while I don't want him rushed back at the expense of his health, this is a big game.
We've had an up and down season (more downs then ups) but a win against the Giants would give us a shot at a WC.
To make the playoffs we need to finish 9 and 7 and probably have beaten the Lions and Giants.

Ltrey33
11-19-2007, 11:44 AM
I hope he can breathe under there.

BadlandsVikings
11-19-2007, 11:45 AM
"Ltrey" wrote:

I hope he can breathe under there.

He has gills

C Mac D
11-19-2007, 12:02 PM
As opposed to his usual walking on water.

Garland Greene
11-19-2007, 01:55 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"Garland" wrote:

He runs on land.
And turf.
And anywhere that a green field can be found with white painted lines every 10 yards.
=Z=

What if he plays at Boise State?
Or does that fall under turf?:D

NodakPaul
11-19-2007, 02:02 PM
"BleedinPandG" wrote:

It would be huge if AD can play against the Giants... while I don't want him rushed back at the expense of his health, this is a big game.
We've had an up and down season (more downs then ups) but a win against the Giants would give us a shot at a WC.
To make the playoffs we need to finish 9 and 7 and probably have beaten the Lions and Giants.

You are right in that the upcoming game against the Giants has huge playoff implications.
But if AD is not 100% healthy, I don't want him in there.

Not 99.999%.
100%.

Here is keeping our fingers crossed.

NodakPaul
11-19-2007, 02:04 PM
This is more likely though:

The team has not ruled out Peterson from playing in this Sunday's game at the New York Giants. But a more realistic target date is the Dec. 2 game against Detroit. Barring a setback, Peterson should get back on the field no later than the nationally televised Dec. 17 game against Chicago.

michaelmazid
11-19-2007, 04:36 PM
guys lets not forget that we have the best backup RB in the league in Chester. I think they should let Peterson sit out at least one month and let his injury heal. All I would do is let him play in the last game of the season so he doesn't have to be the talk of the NFL this whole off season about him being injury prone and never being the same after this injury. We are not going to the playoffs anyways so no need to rush him back.

NodakPaul
11-19-2007, 04:52 PM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

guys lets not forget that we have the best backup RB in the league in Chester. I think they should let Peterson sit out at least one month and let his injury heal. All I would do is let him play in the last game of the season so he doesn't have to be the talk of the NFL this whole off season about him being injury prone and never being the same after this injury. We are not going to the playoffs anyways so no need to rush him back.

You can't rule out the playoffs until we are mathematically eliminated.
Especially in an NFC as bad as we have today.
But either way, I agree that we should rush him back.
But we shouldn't hold him back if healthy either.

V-Unit
11-19-2007, 05:14 PM
Every game has huge playoff implications. To realistically have a shot, the only game we can afford to lose is as Devner, which is the last game of the season, and therefore will probably be a must win.

I can't agree with rushing AD back for a non-division rival game for which we are overmatched anyways.

NodakPaul
11-19-2007, 05:41 PM
"V" wrote:

Every game has huge playoff implications. To realistically have a shot, the only game we can afford to lose is as Devner, which is the last game of the season, and therefore will probably be a must win.

I can't agree with rushing AD back for a non-division rival game for which we are overmatched anyways.

But nobody is saying that.
The only thing I have heard from people is to put AD in when he is healthy.
If that means Sunday, good.
If that means not until the Denver game, good.

I just don't want to see us holding a healthy AD back because we have already given up on the season and want to preserve him for next year.

jessejames09
11-19-2007, 05:45 PM
Now if only we can convince the giants to play the game underwater.....

Vikes_King
11-19-2007, 06:33 PM
hopefully he can play real soon.. the game coming this sunday will be a rough one, AD would certainly help, but if not lets hope CT can have another productive game.
The only way i see us winning this one is once again going back to basics, stopping their run (more importantly their pass.. :(
), and running it down their throat.
We'll need to control the clock to win this

kevoncox
11-19-2007, 07:39 PM
I fear what might happen. I feel it's a mistake and this kid is going to tear his knees up.
It's foolish. He is a franchise player. Save him for the franchise 5 games in a season we are 999.99 going to be done with after week 17 in stupid. Especially since chester is playing well..

PurplePeopleEaters
11-19-2007, 08:06 PM
I just have thoughts of "boobie" Miles in friday night lights (the book, not the crappy TV show). He thought he was invincible and could come back from anything like Adrian. I think he had an ACL tear though.. He came back too soon and ended his career and a shot at playing college football at a big time program.

Hopefully our trainers are smart enough not to rush him back. I know the players like Sugarman and he's supposedly a good trainer. I want him 100% in his knees so that he can play like the adrian we saw earlier this year for his whole career.

C Mac D
11-19-2007, 08:17 PM
"jessejames09" wrote:

Now if only we can convince the giants to play the game underwater.....

Hahahahaha

We have the best backfield in the league, I'd hate to see Peterson risk further injury... but watching him play is just too much fun. I've very torn right now...
:-

Vikes_King
11-20-2007, 05:19 AM
Vikings say Peterson a 'long shot' to play vs. Giants (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80457117&template=with-video&confirm=true)

Boyum
11-20-2007, 10:39 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"Garland" wrote:

He runs on land.
And turf.

=Z=

When the Incredible Hulk get's mad he turns into Adrian Peterson. 8)

jmcdon00
11-20-2007, 10:50 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"BleedinPandG" wrote:

You are right in that the upcoming game against the Giants has huge playoff implications.

Not 99.999%.
100%.

What ever, even at 70% he is the best player on the field. Let the medical staff make the decisions. If the plan is that for AD's career he will only play when he is 100% he will not play much. Guys play hurt all the time, AD should be no different.

hx38596
11-20-2007, 11:05 AM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"BleedinPandG" wrote:

Not 99.999%.
100%.

What ever, even at 70% he is the best player on the field. Let the medical staff make the decisions. If the plan is that for AD's career he will only play when he is 100% he will not play much. Guys play hurt all the time, AD should be no different.

Excellent point.
By week 12 you may find a few kickers that are 100% if you're lucky.
Noone is 100% as CT found out Sunday.
Give an excellent back that ball who's only carried the rock a limited amount of times this year against week 11 defenses, and this is what you get.

Get AD out there and have him earn his paycheck just like everyone else.

kevoncox
11-20-2007, 02:27 PM
You both show the lack of understanding on what he tore.

His LCL is a stabalizor of the knee. It helps prevent the tearing of all the other ligaments of all other ligaments in the knee. He paartially tore it. A 2+ = borderline 3.

This isn't turf toe we are talking about or a pulled hammie. This is his knee. You tear your ACla nd your explosive ness is gone for 2 years if not forever. Ask Edgrinne James and a hose of othe rbacks that never came back.

C Mac D
11-20-2007, 02:28 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:

I'd love to mention what you lack, but I'd probably get put in Hell...

bleedpurple
11-20-2007, 02:33 PM
i hope he comes back... he's on my fantasy team...

jmcdon00
11-20-2007, 02:38 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:

His LCL is a stabalizor of the knee. It helps prevent the tearing of all the other ligaments of all other ligaments in the knee. He paartially tore it. A 2+ = borderline 3.

This isn't turf toe we are talking about or a pulled hammie. This is his knee. You tear your ACla nd your explosive ness is gone for 2 years if not forever. Ask Edgrinne James and a hose of othe rbacks that never came back.

I'll let the medical and coaching staff make the decisions, my point is that you can't wait for a guy to be 100%, because it will never happen. If the ligaments are not healed and he is at increased risk of an ACL injury then of course he should not play.

kevoncox
11-20-2007, 04:05 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

"kevoncox" wrote:

I'll let the medical and coaching staff make the decisions, my point is that you can't wait for a guy to be 100%, because it will never happen. If the ligaments are not healed and he is at increased risk of an ACL injury then of course he should not play.

So far all of the medical doctors say this injury takes 6-8 weeks to heal. Additional this is compounded with the fact that he is going to be takign a pounding 6-8 hours a day, making cuts 4-5 days a week. If this tear isn't completely healed he is going to possible tear a PCL, MCL or ACL. That will reduce his speed and explosiveness.

Why chance it?
We have a back running for
168 yards on 20 carries.
Do you want to see AD run like he does for 4 more games or 7 more years?
Rest the kid and let CT do his thing.

The coaches don't give a fluck. They know they might be gone so they don't care about his long term risk

jmcdon00
11-20-2007, 04:16 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

"kevoncox" wrote:

So far all of the medical doctors say this injury takes 6-8 weeks to heal. Additional this is compounded with the fact that he is going to be takign a pounding 6-8 hours a day, making cuts 4-5 days a week. If this tear isn't completely healed he is going to possible tear a PCL, MCL or ACL. That will reduce his speed and explosiveness.

Why chance it?
168 yards on 20 carries.

The coaches don't give a fluck. They know they might be gone so they don't care about his long term risk

If the vikings don't think that he is ready he wont play. If he plays it is because the doctors say he's ready. Every situation is different and some doctor who has never looked at ad's knee doesn't make the decision, AD's doctors make the decision.
The fact that we are deep at running back doesn't factor in for me, either he can play or not.
To say the coaches don't care is just silly. They care more than us because they know him on a personal level. Chilli's job is secured through next year and I don't think he would sacrifice a star player if he ever wants to get another job, or keep the one he has.

kevoncox
11-20-2007, 05:05 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

"kevoncox" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

"kevoncox" wrote:

Why chance it?
168 yards on 20 carries.

If the vikings don't think that he is ready he wont play. If he plays it is because the doctors say he's ready. Every situation is different and some doctor who has never looked at ad's knee doesn't make the decision, AD's doctors make the decision.
The fact that we are deep at running back doesn't factor in for me, either he can play or not.
To say the coaches don't care is just silly. They care more than us because they know him on a personal level. Chilli's job is secured through next year and I don't think he would sacrifice a star player if he ever wants to get another job, or keep the one he has.

That's right, chilly is an exceptional decision maker
???
How is he job secured? What coaches job is secure?
This is THE NFL man!
He knows he's on the hot seat. We haven't won 2 games in a roow since last year
>:(
I rather secure our feature than try and push a kid back to soon. Knowing AP he will try to play with it not being healed. When it blows, i hope you remember you wishes.

jmcdon00
11-20-2007, 05:12 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

"kevoncox" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

"kevoncox" wrote:

Why chance it?
168 yards on 20 carries.

That's right, chilly is an exceptional decision maker
???
How is he job secured? What coaches job is secure?
This is THE NFL man!
He knows he's on the hot seat. We haven't won 2 games in a roow since last year
>:(
I rather secure our feature than try and push a kid back to soon. Knowing AP he will try to play with it not being healed. When it blows, i hope you remember you wishes.

You are very cynical. I think since the team is obviously better this year than last Chilly will definetly get one more year. Do you think if he put AD in against the advice of the doctors and he ends his career because it was too soon Chilly would ever coach in the league again? I don't.
I'm not saying leave it up to AD, of course he would play, he's a warrior. I am suggesting that they get a recommendation from the doctors as to when he will be able to play. To say that he has to be 100% is just silly, nobody is 100% half way through the season, unless they have been riding the bench the entire season.

C Mac D
11-20-2007, 05:19 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

You are very cynical. I think since the team is obviously better this year than last Chilly will definetly get one more year. Do you think if he put AD in against the advice of the doctors and he ends his career because it was too soon Chilly would ever coach in the league again? I don't.
I'm not saying leave it up to AD, of course he would play, he's a warrior. I am suggesting that they get a recommendation from the doctors as to when he will be able to play. To say that he has to be 100% is just silly, nobody is 100% half way through the season, unless they have been riding the bench the entire season.

Not saying I agree or disagree with you on this... but why do you think this? Peterson is the only thing that makes this team any better... it's nothing Childress did.

Barring two unbelievable/record-breaking performances by Peterson... we'd be 2-8.

Frostbite
11-20-2007, 05:25 PM
Nobody anywhere (Childress Included) is going to push Adrian back until he's 100 percent. There is no need to worry about that. Team Doctors will not allow him to come back until certain criteria is met.

This type of injury on a player like this...at his age... usually heels up fine with no ill effects. It will be imparitive that Peterson gets back into the game (WHEN HE"S 100 PERCENT) because of the Mental issues any player has after any injury that sidelines them. He's going to have to get in there and take a few hits to get back into the proper mind set that he needs. Once he takes a good hit and bounces back up again from it with no ill effects his running confidence will start to return to full strength quickly.

So much of the success of this game is a mind thing. Injuries can be hard for some players to work through and return from in full stride....especially for RBs and WRs.
Peterson seems to have a healthy mind set and a lot of confidence in himself. He likes to over-achieve and personally deliver the Blows to the opponent! That type of attitude is a good thing until you meet someone that can deliver there own lumber on you. I just hope with A.Ps reluctance to go down or get out of bounds on runs he can last in this League, and break a lot of rushing records. Walter Peyton was this type of runner and had durablilty too, but I think that it's rare.

I wish him only the best and hope he ends his career in Minnesota after many years of great running, and with no serious injury issues.

Cheers!

jmcdon00
11-20-2007, 05:30 PM
"C" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

Not saying I agree or disagree with you on this... but why do you think this? Peterson is the only thing that makes this team any better... it's nothing Childress did.

Barring two unbelievable/record-breaking performances by Peterson... we'd be 2-8.

I just think they are a better team. They have similar talent but they are starting to gel as a unit. I really like the direction the team is going on offense and defense. I think they are 2 or 3 players away from being legitimate contenders in the nfc.
Our record is similar to last year but we are in a tougher division and had a tougher schedule. Mostly though we are better than last year because of AD running AD. Right now we are a field goal(lions) away from being 500.
Oh yeah, we also had an incredible draft(hopefully) with the first 3 picks all looking like potential Pro-bowlers at some point.

C Mac D
11-20-2007, 05:34 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

"C" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

I just think they are a better team. They have similar talent but they are starting to gel as a unit. I really like the direction the team is going on offense and defense. I think they are 2 or 3 players away from being legitimate contenders in the nfc.
Our record is similar to last year but we are in a tougher division and had a tougher schedule. Mostly though we are better than last year because of AD running AD. Right now we are a field goal(lions) away from being 500.
Oh yeah, we also had an incredible draft(hopefully) with the first 3 picks all looking like potential Pro-bowlers at some point.

Yeah... I was fuming after that Detroit game...

Also, about your comment on the draft... it was a great draft. I can't wait to see what Rufus Alexander will do at LB. That guy was a steal.

litlharsh
11-20-2007, 11:29 PM
"C" wrote:

Also, about your comment on the draft... it was a great draft. I can't wait to see what Rufus Alexander will do at LB. That guy was a steal.
Honestly, I totally agree. Dude might not have the measurables, but he balls plain and simple. I was so pissed he went down. He could potentially hold down one of the LB spots for years.

gabe_menendez
11-20-2007, 11:32 PM
AD is the shi* we all know that and the whole NFL knows that. Why rush it we already know he is a beast, let him heal up so he can produce for us for years to come. CT will get the job done, just like he did last week.

hx38596
11-21-2007, 09:24 AM
"gabe_menendez" wrote:

AD is the shi* we all know that and the whole NFL knows that. Why rush it we already know he is a beast, let him heal up so he can produce for us for years to come. CT will get the job done, just like he did last week.

How much of a beast is he riding pine???
Everyone wants to see him out there.
Get his butt out there and produce.
There are several records still within reach.

As far as stability goes, they've already said he will wear a knee brace to help with that.
Only a few more weeks to go, he can heal that thing up offseason.

Marrdro
11-21-2007, 09:42 AM
"kevoncox" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

"kevoncox" wrote:

Why chance it?
168 yards on 20 carries.

You mean the same coaches who limited his touches early on in the year to keep him fresh even though they got heat from almost everyone for doing it, no matter what it did to thier future with the team?

Does this quote look familiar?
Wonder if I spent some time searching if I would find more gems like this?

Wow....

1 stat explains this game.

AP 10 for 108 at 5 min mark in 2nd quarter
12 for 112 at end of game....

Fire Childress now.

hx38596
11-21-2007, 11:59 AM
Peterson to practice today
November 21st, 2007 – 8:47 AM by Kevin Seifert
Vikings RB Adrian Peterson has made enough progress in rehabilitating his injured right knee that he is expected to take part in at least a portion of practice today at Winter Park. While this does not mean he will play Sunday against the New York Giants, it is a highly encouraging sign that Peterson will be back on the field on the short end of his recovery timetable.

Peterson tore the lateral collateral ligament of his right knee Nov. 11 at Green Bay. He missed last Sunday’s 29-22 victory against Oakland. Monday, coach Brad Childress said it was a “longshot” for Peterson to play against the Giants, but that he couldn’t make a decision for sure until Peterson got back on the practice field.

That will happen today. We’ll get you more information as it arrives.

jmcdon00
11-21-2007, 12:04 PM
"hx38596" wrote:

Vikings RB Adrian Peterson has made enough progress in rehabilitating his injured right knee that he is expected to take part in at least a portion of practice today at Winter Park. While this does not mean he will play Sunday against the New York Giants, it is a highly encouraging sign that Peterson will be back on the field on the short end of his recovery timetable.

Peterson tore the lateral collateral ligament of his right knee Nov. 11 at Green Bay. He missed last Sunday’s 29-22 victory against Oakland. Monday, coach Brad Childress said it was a “longshot” for Peterson to play against the Giants, but that he couldn’t make a decision for sure until Peterson got back on the practice field.

Would be sweet if he is able to play this week. He still has alot of work to get to his goal of 1800yards. ;D

Frostbite
11-21-2007, 12:11 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

"hx38596" wrote:

Would be sweet if he is able to play this week. He still has alot of work to get to his goal of 1800yards. ;D

Yes...but I think the Chances of him playing in NY Sunday is Zero. Nobody would like to see it more than me.... but I am confident that the team will not risk any further injury until he's 100 percent... and that's the way it should be record chasing or not.
It isn't necessary with Chester Taylor playing so well right now to even think about risking A.P. by putting him back in to soon.

Cheers!

jmcdon00
11-21-2007, 12:17 PM
"Frostbite" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

"hx38596" wrote:

Yes...but I think the Chances of him playing in NY Sunday is Zero. Nobody would like to see it more than me.... but I am confident that the team will not risk any further injury until he's 100 percent... and that's the way it should be record chasing or not.
It isn't necessary with Chester Taylor playing so well right now to even think about risking A.P. by putting him back in to soon.

Cheers!

If he is practicing that means he is probably making cuts, if he can make the cuts he can likely play. I don't think the risk is of him getting hit, it is a risk of retairing it during a cut. Childress hasn't ruled it out and I thinkn Peterson has been going above and beyond all year, I wouldn't bet against him on this one.

Frostbite
11-21-2007, 12:30 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

"Frostbite" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

"hx38596" wrote:

Cheers!

If he is practicing that means he is probably making cuts, if he can make the cuts he can likely play. I don't think the risk is of him getting hit, it is a risk of retairing it during a cut. Childress hasn't ruled it out and I thinkn Peterson has been going above and beyond all year, I wouldn't bet against him on this one.

My understanding reading about this is that he's doing "Limited" practice workouts for evaluation and strength mainly. Think about this: Do you really want A.P. back in there Sunday if he's say 80 percent.....90 percent???? Why?? Why would you want to risk him when he's got so much future potential??

Sure....he's come a long way...Nobody's happier than I am about that....and I want him back in ASAP....but not unless he's 100 percent.

JMHO.

hx38596
11-21-2007, 12:46 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

"Frostbite" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

"hx38596" wrote:

Cheers!

Yeah, i bet a $5 donation that he will suit up for NY.
If he's practicing, there's no other reason other than he might play Sun.
My thoughts are that he'll suit up and won't start...
but might get some playing time.
He'll have a brace on so that'll help.

kevoncox
11-21-2007, 12:54 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"kevoncox" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

"kevoncox" wrote:

Why chance it?
168 yards on 20 carries.

You mean the same coaches who limited his touches early on in the year to keep him fresh even though they got heat from almost everyone for doing it, no matter what it did to thier future with the team?

Wow....

Fire Childress now.

What does this have anything to do anything. You think they didn't feed him the ball because he wasn't healthy? WTH!!! Do you even believe the things you type. Wher eis the ignore button on this site?

You blind love for everything that is Childress makes you look foolish.

We are talking about a torn ligament in his Knee, not the touches he got in a game that the coaching staff BLEW!
Must i remind you that we are still out of the playoffs as it stands so saving him for said playoffs was a great coaching decision

Frostbite
11-21-2007, 01:00 PM
"hx38596" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

"Frostbite" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

"hx38596" wrote:

Cheers!

Yeah, i bet a $5 donation that he will suit up for NY.
If he's practicing, there's no other reason other than he might play Sun.
My thoughts are that he'll suit up and won't start...
but might get some playing time.
He'll have a brace on so that'll help.

Why even put him in with a brace on??? Don't you folks even realize how special this guy is....what he can accomplish if he stays healthy and heels up properly without risking serious injury from going in to soon?? I respect your opinion but "He'll have a brace on" this makes no sense to me at all!

Cheers!

kevoncox
11-21-2007, 01:07 PM
If you guys would look up and research his injury you would see that there is a greater risk. His current injuryed ligament is one that heals very well. However, it's job keeps the other ligament from tearing. The risk isn't that he might reinjure that ligament. The risk is that a weakend ligament will cause him to tear other ( read not easily healed ligaments) in his knee.

But my logic is falling on deaf ears. All i can do i pray that one of my favorite football players doesn't throw his career away.

C Mac D
11-21-2007, 01:09 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:

If you guys would look up and research his injury you would see that there is a greater risk. His current injuryed ligament is one that heals very well. However, it's job keeps the other ligament from tearing. The risk isn't that he might reinjure that ligament. The risk is that a weakend ligament will cause him to tear other ( read not easily healed ligaments) in his knee.

But my logic is falling on deaf ears. All i can do i pray that one of my favorite football players doesn't throw his career away.

Don't worry.. we have Childress looking out for him...
:-

hx38596
11-21-2007, 01:19 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:

It's not falling on deaf ears...
I bet when he runs, there's little to no pain at all.
AD i'm sure is frustrated and thinks he can go b/c of no pain (that would be present if it was a ACL or MCL).
The critical job of the LCL is stabilizing the knee's other ligaments.
So yeah, this is critical.
This is why he has been working out like a mad man strengthening his muscles to compensate for this instability... AND yes, the knee brace will help out.

Bottom line... it probably takes 6 weeks to completely heal the ligament.
We all should know and get comfortable with the fact that this won't stand.
There is no way on God's green earth that AD will be benched for 6 weeks to get 100% healed.
The 100% guy needs to know that AD will return before he is 100%.
The coach, owner and various others will not stand by to wait till he is 100%.
He will return when the doctors and others think it's safe (risk quotient lowers to an acceptable amount).

NodakPaul
11-21-2007, 01:57 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"kevoncox" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

"kevoncox" wrote:

Why chance it?
168 yards on 20 carries.

Wow....

Fire Childress now.

What does this have anything to do anything. You think they didn't feed him the ball because he wasn't healthy? WTH!!! Do you even believe the things you type. Wher eis the ignore button on this site?

We are talking about a torn ligament in his Knee, not the touches he got in a game that the coaching staff BLEW!
Must i remind you that we are still out of the playoffs as it stands so saving him for said playoffs was a great coaching decision

You're really having trouble with an easy concept.
They weren't feeding him the ball to keep him healthy.
The more a RB touches a ball the more punishment his body takes, which increases the odds of injury.

You can disagree with Childress's decision to limit AD's carries, that's fine.
But do you really think that Marrdro, or anybody else on this site, was implying that AD was limited because of injury that game?
Please.

NodakPaul
11-21-2007, 02:10 PM
"hx38596" wrote:

"kevoncox" wrote:

It's not falling on deaf ears...
I bet when he runs, there's little to no pain at all.
AD i'm sure is frustrated and thinks he can go b/c of no pain (that would be present if it was a ACL or MCL).
The critical job of the LCL is stabilizing the knee's other ligaments.
So yeah, this is critical.
This is why he has been working out like a mad man strengthening his muscles to compensate for this instability... AND yes, the knee brace will help out.

Bottom line... it probably takes 6 weeks to completely heal the ligament.
We all should know and get comfortable with the fact that this won't stand.
There is no way on God's green earth that AD will be benched for 6 weeks to get 100% healed.
The 100% guy needs to know that AD will return before he is 100%.
The coach, owner and various others will not stand by to wait till he is 100%.
He will return when the doctors and others think it's safe (risk quotient lowers to an acceptable amount).

It is actually 4 to 6 weeks to completely heal from an injury like that.
Completely healthy means 100% and able to play without a brace.
My guess is that 100% healthy and no brace has about the same likelihood of injury as 90% plus a brace, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him in pads before the 4-6 weeks is up.

Next week against Detroit will be 3 weeks.
I think it is very possible that he is 90% and braced up.

kevoncox
11-21-2007, 02:17 PM
"C" wrote:

"kevoncox" wrote:

:-\

I wonder how people don't understand that his job is on the line.
We haven't won a back to back game since last year.

jmcdon00
11-21-2007, 02:26 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:

"C" wrote:

"kevoncox" wrote:

:-\

I wonder how people don't understand that his job is on the line.
We haven't won a back to back game since last year.

He began rebuilding the team last year, that should take 3-5 years before we can really judge. The team is currently 4-6 with the easiest part of the schedule ahead. The team has the lowest payroll in the league(or at least close) and they are competetive. I am confident that if the team continues to build through the draft and spend money wisely they will be a contender in a couple of years.

Creep
11-21-2007, 09:41 PM
DO NOT PLAY PETERSON AT ALL!!!!!
SUCH A RISK...FOR NOTHING!!!!!

BleedinPandG
11-21-2007, 10:12 PM
"Creep" wrote:

Wow... people complain about Childress because we aren't winning... but now winning is nothing?
This is a big game for the Vikings... I think AD will play.

Mr. Purple
11-21-2007, 10:51 PM
"BleedinPandG" wrote:

"Creep" wrote:

Wow... people complain about Childress because we aren't winning... but now winning is nothing?

This really isn't a big game, maybe in your eyes as a fan it is.We're not in the playoff hunt, its gonna take a lot for us to get there.Why rush back the future of the franchise and potentially risk injuring himself even greater.We're not a solid RB away from a ring, so why force it?

I don't mean we can't make a playoff push, but I do mean it will take alot. We're currently 5 teams behind the last wild card spot. Losing to Detroit and Philly is gonna hurt us down the road.Those 2 teams will be bidding for a wild card spot.We also pretty much have to win out.We can't afford to lose one more game, and I don't know if we have a team capable of winning 6 straight.Hopefully I'm wrong, but we're not quite there. Don't rush him.

BleedinPandG
11-21-2007, 10:56 PM
"Mr." wrote:

"BleedinPandG" wrote:

"Creep" wrote:

This really isn't a big game, maybe in your eyes as a fan it is.We're not in the playoff hunt, its gonna take a lot for us to get there.Why rush back the future of the franchise and potentially risk injuring himself even greater.We're not a solid RB away from a ring, so why force it?

I think you need to re-evaluate playoff hunt... if we beat the Giants and Lions we are right in the middle of the wild card race.
We lose this game, we're probably out of it, we win it and gain some confidence, momentum, and tie breaker over another wild card competitor...

Creep
11-21-2007, 10:56 PM
Would ya rather say goodbye to a season, or a career????And THIS is not the season to push guys to the extreme..

BleedinPandG
11-21-2007, 11:01 PM
"Creep" wrote:

Would ya rather say goodbye to a season, or a career????And THIS is not the season to push guys to the extreme..

It's my understanding the what he tore stabilizes the knee.
I can't believe having it torn or not fully healed would be the deciding factor between another hit tearing something more major or not.
If he gets hit in a way that would pop his knee badly, it's going to pop with or without the current damage.

Seems the real risk is him over-doing the knee by going for some crazy cuts.
Brace the knee, talk to him like an intelligent athlete, and help him set limits for what he's trying to do in the game.
Limiting his cutting ability may hurt his production but he's still a horse.

Maybe I'm way off base *shrugs*
I can't say I truly understand the "risk" we're all talking about.
I think we hear knee injury and start shaking in our boots.

kevoncox
11-22-2007, 02:08 AM
"BleedinPandG" wrote:

"Creep" wrote:

I can't believe having it torn or not fully healed would be the deciding factor between another hit tearing something more major or not.
If he gets hit in a way that would pop his knee badly, it's going to pop with or without the current damage.

Brace the knee, talk to him like an intelligent athlete, and help him set limits for what he's trying to do in the game.

Ask Dennis Dixon how important resting a torn ligament can be?
I gues you want AP to join that list. Congrats.

hx38596
11-22-2007, 03:04 AM
"kevoncox" wrote:

"BleedinPandG" wrote:

"Creep" wrote:

Ouch!!
that knee bend he did made me squirm.
Imagine AD's knee finally giving out like that.
Yeah, they are all interlinked, the ligaments and such.
You keep hearing the word, "Knee Instability".
Dixon's was unstable, and there it goes...and he was wearing a brace.
Didn't really do a whole lot of good.

Still, for me, i say play his butt.

digital420
11-22-2007, 04:56 AM
"hx38596" wrote:

"kevoncox" wrote:

"BleedinPandG" wrote:

"Creep" wrote:

Ouch!!
that knee bend he did made me squirm.

Imagine AD's knee finally giving out like that.
Yeah, they are all interlinked, the ligaments and such.
You keep hearing the word, "Knee Instability".
Dixon's was unstable, and there it goes...and he was wearing a brace.
Didn't really do a whole lot of good.

Still, for me, i say play his butt.

well.. i lost my frist post.. so here's another.

1. No1 wants AP to get hurt more.. i'm sure most Football fans would agree here.

2. The legiment tear is not as serious as it could be. And with a medical staff watching over him.. and i'm sure they have order from ziggy to Protect the KID!! i'm not very concerned.. keep him out of the Giants.. and bring him in as CT's change of pace.

Risk... ever time some1 takes the field there is a risk. we are 6 games out of the end.. I'm sure we'll see AP again. His risk/reward is to large to let him slide just to "Keep his career".. this is the injury issue.. can he come back?
can he forget he did it and use those cuts like it never happened?

I'm all for AP being in the game as often as possible. bring him back to where he feels comfortable and we'll see just how strong of a body the kid has.

DiGiTaL

Prophet
11-22-2007, 07:47 AM
I'm sure the Vikings' staff reads pp.o and decides whether or not to play AD.
It would be much wiser than relying on a professional staff that is paid to take care of multi-million dollar investments.
A teenager that can't even name two muscles on the human body is much more qualified to decided whether AD should play or not.

singersp
11-22-2007, 08:09 AM
"Creep" wrote:

Obviously it's not the season to push them to mediocrity either.
:P

Marrdro
11-22-2007, 08:16 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"kevoncox" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"kevoncox" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

Why chance it?
168 yards on 20 carries.

Wow....

Fire Childress now.

The more a RB touches a ball the more punishment his body takes, which increases the odds of injury.

But do you really think that Marrdro, or anybody else on this site, was implying that AD was limited because of injury that game?
Please.

Thanks Paul.
For some reason he isn't grasping the concept.
I don't have the faintest idea how he got that out of my post.

Marrdro
11-22-2007, 08:25 AM
"kevoncox" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"kevoncox" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

"kevoncox" wrote:

Why chance it?
168 yards on 20 carries.

Wow....

Fire Childress now.

At the risk of getting the dreaded "Green Dot"........

Blind love for Childress.
Gimme a break.
My support for this team goes way beyond the head coach my friend.
Judging my how easily you misunderstood this simple post, explains how you may have missed the support I have for the whole team (and not just the Chiller).

Because we now know how easily you can be confused my friend.
Let me explain it to you in a simpler way.........

Some on here contend that the Chiller will play AD against the Giants hurt just to save his job.

Some on here believe that it isn't up to the Chiller but the organization (HC, Medical staff, owner etc).

My point is that why would the Chiller do that to save his job because of some web site whacko's if he didn't worry about it when the same whacko's were calling for his job when he limited his touches early on in the season?

(Key note:
Funny how the search button can pull up posters history and bring a light into how that individual thinks.
You my friend have a very CMacDesque opinion of the HC, mostly because you don't have a clue on how the entire staff works.

Get a grip on that and then come back to me and try to tell me I have blind love for anybody.) No smiley face.

huxx
11-22-2007, 11:36 PM
B Chill won't play him to save his job, he's got more to lose is AP gets hurt.

digital420
11-23-2007, 03:00 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"kevoncox" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"kevoncox" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

Why chance it?
168 yards on 20 carries.

Wow....

Fire Childress now.

Gimme a break.
Judging my how easily you misunderstood this simple post, explains how you may have missed the support I have for the whole team (and not just the Chiller).

Some on here contend that the Chiller will play AD against the Giants hurt just to save his job.

Some on here believe that it isn't up to the Chiller but the organization (HC, Medical staff, owner etc).

My point is that why would the Chiller do that to save his job because of some web site whacko's if he didn't worry about it when the same whacko's were calling for his job when he limited his touches early on in the season?

(Key note:
Funny how the search button can pull up posters history and bring a light into how that individual thinks.
You my friend have a very CMacDesque opinion of the HC, mostly because you don't have a clue on how the entire staff works.

Get a grip on that and then come back to me and try to tell me I have blind love for anybody.) No smiley face.

GREEN DOT THIS MAN!!!

on the sole basis that his name begins with M!! and he's trying to make sense!!

DiGiTaL

Marrdro
11-23-2007, 07:59 AM
"huxx" wrote:

B Chill won't play him to save his job, he's got more to lose is AP gets hurt.

See....... This guy gets it.

I just moved you into a column my friend.
;D

singersp
11-23-2007, 08:09 AM
"digital420" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"kevoncox" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"kevoncox" wrote:

Why chance it?
168 yards on 20 carries.

Wow....

Fire Childress now.

Gimme a break.

(Key note:

GREEN DOT THIS MAN!!!

DiGiTaL

I still think Marrdro has a Brad Childress Fathead either on his wall or on his X-mas list.

Marrdro
11-23-2007, 08:12 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"digital420" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"kevoncox" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Why chance it?
168 yards on 20 carries.

Wow....

Fire Childress now.

Gimme a break.

(Key note:

GREEN DOT THIS MAN!!!

DiGiTaL

I still think Marrdro has a Brad Childress Fathead either on his wall or on his X-mas list.

Ever try to clean coffee off the monitor/keyboard after you spit it all over them.
;D

Stop cracking me up.
;D

kevoncox
11-23-2007, 10:12 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"kevoncox" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"kevoncox" wrote:

Why chance it?
168 yards on 20 carries.

Wow....

Fire Childress now.

Please.

Thanks Paul.

I don't even know where to continue with you two.
You both seem to lack the basic comprehension needed to continue this argument.
My question to you( since you won't answer any of mines) is why did you bring up my past qutoe about not giving AP enough carries.
It had nothing, nathan, nada to dow with the topic at hand. I guess if you are gettign whipped in one argument, you might as well start another.

tastywaves
11-23-2007, 10:24 AM
"singersp" wrote:

That is quite a vision Singer.
Maybe just a bobblehead or a small picture next to his monitor

Marrdro
11-23-2007, 10:31 AM
"kevoncox" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"kevoncox" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Why chance it?
168 yards on 20 carries.

Wow....

Fire Childress now.

Please.

Thanks Paul.

I don't even know where to continue with you two.
You both seem to lack the basic comprehension needed to continue this argument.
My question to you( since you won't answer any of mines) is why did you bring up my past qutoe about not giving AP enough carries.
It had nothing, nathan, nada to dow with the topic at hand. I guess if you are gettign whipped in one argument, you might as well start another.

It was germane to the point I was making.

Some wanted the HC to give the kid the ball more (i.e. your example) or he should be fired.

Now we are (at least we were until this thread) seeing the same types of posts from guys who think the Chiller (even though it isn't his call) will play him hurt just to keep his job further jeapordizing AD's future just to save his job.

IMHO those guys are yutz's to think that a) he even has the power to make that call or b) he would even do it.

As soon as one of those guys have enough balls to stick it out in this thread I will pull thier pasts posts as well.

Additionally, I tried to point out to you that I don't have a blind love of the Chiller but rather the whole team my friend.
Again, go back and pull my posts and you will see that.

When and if the Chiller gets fired I will then tell everyone what I really think of him.
Until then, he is the HC of this team and I will support him as I do with everyone on the team.
;D

kevoncox
11-23-2007, 10:56 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

It was germane to the point I was making.

Some wanted the HC to give the kid the ball more (i.e. your example) or he should be fired.

Now we are (at least we were until this thread) seeing the same types of posts from guys who think the Chiller (even though it isn't his call) will play him hurt just to keep his job further jeapordizing AD's future just to save his job.

IMHO those guys are yutz's to think that a) he even has the power to make that call or b) he would even do it.

As soon as one of those guys have enough balls to stick it out in this thread I will pull thier pasts posts as well.

Additionally, I tried to point out to you that I don't have a blind love of the Chiller but rather the whole team my friend.
Again, go back and pull my posts and you will see that.

When and if the Chiller gets fired I will then tell everyone what I really think of him.
Until then, he is the HC of this team and I will support him as I do with everyone on the team.
;D

Humm.
I have a new found respect for you. I don't agree with you but I respect your reason for believing the things you do.
My point wasn't so much about Childress rushing the guy back but the organization. There is no need to rush him back as our back up is doing a great job.

AngloVike
11-23-2007, 02:53 PM

has anyone ever seen Marrdro and Childress at the same time?.... could it be that Childress is really Marrdro's alto ego http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/verkleidung/costumed-smiley-009.gif

Holy play calling Batman !

Rambro
11-23-2007, 07:06 PM
Today they upgraded Peterson to questionable.
I really hope they don't play him this week.

Vikes_King
11-23-2007, 09:35 PM
Peterson upgraded to questionable, could play vs. Giants on Sunday (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80474d2e&template=with-video&confirm=true)

jessejames09
11-23-2007, 09:45 PM
I don't want him to play at all if he has to wear a knee brace. He even said he feels it slows him down.

Frostbite
11-23-2007, 09:50 PM
"jessejames09" wrote:

I don't want him to play at all if he has to wear a knee brace. He even said he feels it slows him down.

Right On Jessiejames.....We simply don't need to rush the man back until he's able to take the field with no artificial strength tools....like a brace. Please let the guy heel up and don't risk the career ender by pushing him back to early.

Cheers! ;D

Purple Floyd
11-23-2007, 11:45 PM
My guess is they are just upgrading him in order to make the Giants prepare for him.

Frostbite
11-24-2007, 12:02 AM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

My guess is they are just upgrading him in order to make the Giants prepare for him.

Yep....Could be a strategy play for sure Uffdavikes.

Cheers! ;D

Vikes_King
11-24-2007, 12:06 AM
"Frostbite" wrote:

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

Yep....Could be a strategy play for sure Uffdavikes.

Cheers! ;D

easily, childress loves to play the injury list

Potus2028
11-24-2007, 12:11 AM
yea.. i'd rather have him wait a week and have us use taylor.

we've got two good backs, and our playoff hopes are pretty much gone..

no sense in pushing AD unless he's 100%

hx38596
11-24-2007, 01:05 AM
UPGRADED TO QUESTIONABLE...

I love it.
My prediction is looking good.
He'll suit up and get some PT.

"Run his butt."

Schutz
11-24-2007, 03:25 AM
Chilly Dawg is just using his great coaching moves, just like when we fake out teams what QB we are going to use.
Then nothing but domination.

ejmat
11-24-2007, 06:46 AM
"Potus2028" wrote:

I'm not saying they will make the playoffs however if they win this week they are 1 game behind a wild card spot.
Next week they have Detroit.
It's not too far fetched.
That being said, I still think they need to rest Peterson.
I don't know all the behind the scenes however the man said he is still getting used to wearing a brace and it stiffens him up.
No reason to play him when you have Taylor and another capable back in MeMo.

singersp
11-24-2007, 08:07 AM
Vikings: Peterson still not ruled out (http://www.startribune.com/vikings/story/1570221.html)

If not this Sunday, then definitely next Sunday.

By Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune

Last update: November 23, 2007 – 9:25 PM

If not this Sunday, then definitely next Sunday.

That was the upshot of tailback Adrian Peterson's return to practice this week, part of his recovery from a torn lateral collateral ligament in his right knee......

singersp
11-24-2007, 08:08 AM
Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson listed as questionable but most likely won't play vs. New York Giants (http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_7543551)

BY DON SEEHOLZER
Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 11/23/2007 10:36:18 PM CST

The Vikings listed running back Adrian Peterson as questionable on their Friday injury report, but that doesn't mean he's going to play in Sunday's game at the New York Giants......

ThorSPL
11-24-2007, 12:20 PM
"AngloVike" wrote:

has anyone ever seen Marrdro and Childress at the same time?.... could it be that Childress is really Marrdro's alto ego http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/verkleidung/costumed-smiley-009.gif

Holy play calling Batman !

Try "Holy Post, Batman!"

NodakPaul
11-24-2007, 12:22 PM
"ejmat" wrote:

"Potus2028" wrote:

I'm not saying they will make the playoffs however if they win this week they are 1 game behind a wild card spot.
I don't know all the behind the scenes however the man said he is still getting used to wearing a brace and it stiffens him up.

A lot of people seem to be giving up already.
The truth is that the wild card spots in the NFC are still very close, and very reachable by the Vikings.
These next two game are huge for the Vikings because they are against the top two wild card contenders in the NFC.

With that said, I don't expect AD to even suit up on Sunday against the Giants.
But he will be back on the field again the following week against Detroit.

Potus2028
11-24-2007, 02:40 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"Potus2028" wrote:

A lot of people seem to be giving up already.
The truth is that the wild card spots in the NFC are still very close, and very reachable by the Vikings.
These next two game are huge for the Vikings because they are against the top two wild card contenders in the NFC.

With that said, I don't expect AD to even suit up on Sunday against the Giants.
But he will be back on the field again the following week against Detroit.

i'm not saying that we cant get into the playoffs.. but i dont think it's worth injuring AD again...

let's run with taylor, and let AD get healthy for the lions game..

i think we can beat the giants w/o AD.. we did the last time w/o an offensive TD (KR, INT, Punt, and FG)

singersp
11-26-2007, 08:30 AM
Analysts favor sitting Adrian Peterson (http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_7557878)

BY SEAN JENSEN
Pioneer Press

Article Launched: 11/26/2007 12:01:00 AM CST

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - Vikings running back Adrian Peterson warmed up before Sunday's game against the New York Giants but was inactive for a second consecutive week. But the Vikings hope he can return to the lineup Sunday against the Detroit Lions......

Vikes_King
11-26-2007, 08:34 AM
"Now you have a Barry Sanders," Smith said. "Protect your franchise."

Love that quote from Emmitt.
And the fact that Keyshawn thinks we have 0 chance of making the playoffs.
But i do agree with the consenses that he shouldn't be rushed back.

If he is not 100%, i don't want to even see him in uniform vs the Lions.
Not 99%, 100%.

BleedinPandG
11-26-2007, 08:37 AM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

"Now you have a Barry Sanders," Smith said. "Protect your franchise."

Love that quote from Emmitt.
And the fact that Keyshawn thinks we have 0 chance of making the playoffs.
But i do agree with the consenses that he shouldn't be rushed back.

If he is not 100%, i don't want to even see him in uniform vs the Lions.
Not 99%, 100%.

Not exactly sure why analysts were commenting on it after they all acknowledged "we are not Doctors"...
their analytical opinions should have been "playing Peterson gives the Vikes the best chance to win against the Giants"... anything beyond that sort of opinion requires medical knowledge they were lacking.

As for Keyshawn, blah... Chris Collisworth on NBC picked the Vikes last night for the number 6 spot after the Bus went with the Skins.

tastywaves
11-26-2007, 11:26 AM
Yea, everybody wants to give AD medical advise.
Let the boys that are paid to do so, determine whether he is ready to go.

If he's healthy play him, if not, keep him in that great looking vikings T-shirt.
I don't care if we have a chance at a playoff spot or not, base him playing on whether the doctors and AD feel he is ready to go.

That being said, I hope he plays this week against Detroit.
He is a beast that brings the entertainment level up a few notches and helps out are odds of winning.

My guess is he'll come in and see limited carries at first.
I wouldn't expect more than 10-12 carries in his first game back.

vikes2456
11-26-2007, 11:36 AM
Don't listen to what Keyshawn says, he can't even predict what team he may be on...

He is just another loudmouth who yells instead of actually debating

C Mac D
11-26-2007, 11:52 AM
First images of Peterson running in the pool:

http://www.biggesttsunamisite.com/Tsunami%20Wave.jpg

http://www.timeaxismedia.com/portfolio/TidalWave.jpg

NordicNed
11-26-2007, 12:18 PM
"C" wrote:

http://www.timeaxismedia.com/portfolio/TidalWave.jpg

C Mac D,

Those look like they where taken the time I did my first Belly Flop at the beach..... ;D

singersp
11-27-2007, 07:47 AM
Vikings: Peterson healing well, on track to play (http://www.startribune.com/510/story/1574744.html)

By Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune

Last update: November 27, 2007 – 12:31 AM

Running back Adrian Peterson cleared another hurdle in his quest to return from a partially torn lateral collateral ligament Monday when he underwent an MRI that showed "excellent healing," according to coach Brad Childress....

Prophet
11-27-2007, 09:10 AM
"C" wrote:

I finally understand why he had swimming lessons by himself as a young lad.

singersp
11-30-2007, 07:20 AM
Vikings: Peterson, brace and all, seems ready to take field (http://www.startribune.com/vikings/story/1582244.html)

By Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune

Last update: November 30, 2007 – 12:57 AM

Vikings running back Adrian Peterson expressed confidence Thursday that he will be able to return Sunday after missing the past two games because of a knee injury....

V-Unit
11-30-2007, 09:51 AM
IMO he shouldn't go unless he is able to run w/o the brace.

COJOMAY
11-30-2007, 10:26 AM
Personally, I don't believe Peterson will play as well as he did before he got the brace. I've had a brace very similar to the one he is wearing when I had a torn ligiment and it does restrict your movement to a degree. His cuts will not be as sharp and as quick. I think he will look pretty much like an average running back if he plays this week. Again, Taylor will carry the load.

Mr Anderson
11-30-2007, 10:35 AM
"V" wrote:

Agreed.

I honestly think we should keep him out at least another week or two. Until he can run with zero pain, without the brace.

He needs to be absolutely 100% healthy his first game back.

ejmat
11-30-2007, 11:19 AM
"Mr" wrote:

"V" wrote:

Agreed.

I honestly think we should keep him out at least another week or two. Until he can run with zero pain, without the brace.

I agree he needs to be 100%.
I do think he will play but won't get the bulk of carries.
The one thing I hate about the sharing of carries is neither gets the chance to find a rythem.
I know it works but sometimes it works against you too.

Purple Floyd
11-30-2007, 12:19 PM
"ejmat" wrote:

"Mr" wrote:

"V" wrote:

Agreed.

The one thing I hate about the sharing of carries is neither gets the chance to find a rythem.

that is my opinion too.

Vikes_King
11-30-2007, 03:53 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"Mr" wrote:

"V" wrote:

Agreed.

that is my opinion too.

I agree, but the fact of the matter is going into this game, even if AD is 100%, they'll probably still have him wear the brace, just for precautionary measures.

Potus2028
11-30-2007, 04:10 PM
no doubt..

but will the brace impeed him at all?

C Mac D
11-30-2007, 04:11 PM
"Potus2028" wrote:

no doubt..

I think it will break into a thousand pieces while in mid-run... ie- Forest Gump.

NodakPaul
11-30-2007, 04:11 PM
"Potus2028" wrote:

no doubt..

Probably a little, but a braced up AD + Taylor can still cause quite a bit of damage...

Vikes_King
11-30-2007, 04:26 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"Potus2028" wrote:

no doubt..

Probably a little, but a braced up AD + Taylor can still cause quite a bit of damage...

Against a last ranked rush defense
;D

singersp
12-01-2007, 08:28 AM
Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson: 'I'll be ready' (http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_7606373?nclick_check=1)

Rookie eager to play, anxious about first hit

BY DON SEEHOLZER and SEAN JENSEN
Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 12/01/2007 12:18:23 AM CST

Running back Adrian Peterson made it through a full week of practice in good shape Friday, and the Vikings' rookie star said he's good to go for Sunday's game against the Detroit Lions....

singersp
12-01-2007, 09:02 AM
Adrian Peterson Ready to Run for Vikings (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/30/AR2007073000467.html)

By JON KRAWCZYNSKI
The Associated Press

Monday, July 30, 2007; 2:08 PM

MANKATO, Minn. -- Adrian Peterson already is the biggest star on the Minnesota Vikings offense.....

NodakPaul
12-01-2007, 09:23 AM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"Potus2028" wrote:

no doubt..

;D

Actually, Detroit has a top ten rushing D.
They have the second to last pass defense - last being the Vikings of course.

NodakPaul
12-01-2007, 09:28 AM
AD should be able to finish the season out pretty strong.
Detroit is the only top ten rushing defense we have to face, and let's face it, it is Detroit.
After that we have San Fran (24th), Chicago (29th), Washington (11th), and Denver (29th)

PurpleTide
12-01-2007, 09:38 AM
Adrian has been evaluated by world class medical team, feels good and say's he's ready, that's just what the doctor ordered. AD will give this team a emotional boost, and will cause defensive coordinators to change their gameplans. You have to keep in mind that this is football, and playing injured is part of the game. I like what AD said about the brace affecting his speed, he smiled and said "Probably 4.4, 4.39." That made me smile.

Chester Taylor will start and AD will be worked into the flow smartly. The game against Detroit itself will decide how much Adrian will play.

Vikes_King
12-01-2007, 10:18 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"Vikes_King" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"Potus2028" wrote:

no doubt..

;D

Actually, Detroit has a top ten rushing D.
They have the second to last pass defense - last being the Vikings of course.

thanks for the clear up, read that wrong when i was lookin at stats, i dont sleep much >.> lol

crazyB
12-01-2007, 02:09 PM
nice to see AP is doing well let's hope between him and Taylor they can keep our win streak going.