PDA

View Full Version : Sidney Rice QB rating

briboy75
11-18-2007, 10:38 PM
Sidney Rice's passer rating today was 118.75.....nice!

purplepride_1961
11-18-2007, 10:41 PM
That is pretty sad that are WR is doing better than are QB

Vikes_King
11-18-2007, 10:44 PM
lol.
that first play was amazing, i was shocked they pulled it twice

briboy75
11-18-2007, 10:45 PM
"purplepride_1961" wrote:

True, but of course this is an extremely small sample size.
Rice actually has a better passer rating then every starting QB in the league, except Brady.

sdfrenchy
11-18-2007, 10:46 PM

Gimmick plays. It's not like he was standing in the pocket picking the defense apart. It was impressive and fun to see though ;D

Vikes_King
11-18-2007, 10:49 PM
i'm kinda upset that NFL.com didnt have the first pass to shiancoe as one of the "can't miss plays" on their site, the only video i can find of it is the entire raiders vs vikings highlight clip

briboy75
11-18-2007, 11:30 PM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

i'm kinda upset that NFL.com didnt have the first pass to shiancoe as one of the "can't miss plays" on their site, the only video i can find of it is the entire raiders vs vikings highlight clip

That makes no sense. Definatly one of the top plays for the week.

Garland Greene
11-18-2007, 11:37 PM

isn't there a couple of non QB's on our team that have a better passing rating than T-Joke Does?

*edit* Or ever will have?

PurplePowerPunch
11-18-2007, 11:48 PM
"Garland" wrote:

isn't there a couple of non QB's on our team that have a better passing rating than T-Joke Does?

Yo, whats your beef with T-Jack bro?

Garland Greene
11-18-2007, 11:54 PM
"PurplePowerPunch" wrote:

"Garland" wrote:

Outside of the fact that T-Joke is horrible?
Can't complete a pass over 10 yards(even that is hard for him)
Looks like a deer in headlights when he is playing(If he is not looking at 1 WR the whole time)
Can't stay healthy.
Has no business playing on a NFL team.
nothing.

I was a believer in his ability and his potential at the beginning of the season. Even a supporter.
But the fact is that he is not a good QB and I doubt he ever will be.

DustinDupont
11-19-2007, 12:05 AM
"Garland" wrote:

"Garland" wrote:

Looks like a deer in headlights when he is playing(If he is not looking at 1 WR the whole time)
Can't stay healthy.
nothing.

I was a believer in his ability and his potential at the beginning of the season. Even a supporter.

how can u say you where a supporter and a believer before the season.... and have aldready given up on him.... thats ridiculous... look at the wide outs his throwing the ball too... look what manning is doing without clark or harrison, and he still has wayne... he played very well today

Braddock
11-19-2007, 12:14 AM
"DustinDupont" wrote:

"Garland" wrote:

"Garland" wrote:

Can't stay healthy.
nothing.

how can u say you where a supporter and a believer before the season.... and have aldready given up on him.... thats ridiculous... look at the wide outs his throwing the ball too... look what manning is doing without clark or harrison, and he still has wayne... he played very well today

Don't mind Garland. HE's just lonely and needs attention.

DustinDupont
11-19-2007, 12:15 AM
"Braddock" wrote:

"DustinDupont" wrote:

"Garland" wrote:

"Garland" wrote:

[quote author=purplepride_1961 link=topic=39827.msg676093#msg676093 date=1195443661]

Can't stay healthy.
nothing.

[/quote

haha.. ok

singersp
11-19-2007, 07:54 AM
Week 11 spotlight: Minnesota Vikings WR Sidney Rice passes tricky test against Oakland Raiders (http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_7501525)

Receiver Sidney Rice throws two passes - one pretty, one ugly - as Vikings get creative to defeat Raiders.

BY DON SEEHOLZER
Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 11/18/2007 10:57:22 PM CST

Sidney Rice threw as many passes as he caught Sunday, and for a lot more yards, but the Vikings' rookie wide receiver isn't lobbying for a position change.....

singersp
11-19-2007, 07:55 AM
Rice to Shiancoe (http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/?p=1146)

November 18th, 2007 – 12:13 PM

by Judd Zulgad
startribune.com

This just delivered from the Vikings PR department.....

singersp
11-19-2007, 08:17 AM
Longest completions by a Vikings non-QB (http://www.startribune.com/vikings/story/1559481.html)

Last update: November 18, 2007 – 9:08 PM

startribune.com

79 yards: WR Sidney Rice to Visanthe Shiancoe vs. Oakland, Sunday
43 (TD): RB Alfred Anderson to Dwight Collins vs. Atlanta, Sept. 16, 1984

37: WR Randy Moss to Marcus Robinson vs. Dallas, Sept. 12, 2004

36 (TD): RB Keith Henderson to Terry Allen vs. L.A. Rams, Nov. 29, 1992

singersp
11-19-2007, 08:25 AM
Receiver Rice stacks up impressive QB numbers (http://www.startribune.com/vikings/story/1559497.html)

The Vikings used some trickery on their first play from scrimmage, and got out of a hole with a 79-yard completion to Visanthe Shiancoe.

By Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune

Last update: November 18, 2007 – 9:23 PM

As usual, Vikings coaches laid out the first 15 offensive plays Saturday evening during a meeting with players......

Marrdro
11-19-2007, 09:51 AM
"Braddock" wrote:

"DustinDupont" wrote:

"Garland" wrote:

"Garland" wrote:

Can't stay healthy.
nothing.

I actually thing Garland is using reverse Phsycology here. He is saying bad things about TJ so he will play well.
;D

NodakPaul
11-19-2007, 10:01 AM
I'm surprised I haven't seen this yet, but did anyone else notice the how well TJack played on Rice's first pass?
It looks like Oakland's LE has RYan Cook beat and has a bead on Rice, but TJack steps up, diverts the LE (who Cook then takes out with a cut block).
Kind of fun to watch. :)

Marrdro
11-19-2007, 10:14 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

I'm surprised I haven't seen this yet, but did anyone else notice the how well TJack played on Rice's first pass?
It looks like Oakland's LE has RYan Cook beat and has a bead on Rice, but TJack steps up, diverts the LE (who Cook then takes out with a cut block).
Kind of fun to watch. :)

Good point, I actually thought Cook showed good range to get the guy that far out.

Nice play by TJ though.
;D

Garland Greene
11-19-2007, 10:23 AM
"Braddock" wrote:

"DustinDupont" wrote:

"Garland" wrote:

"Garland" wrote:

Can't stay healthy.
nothing.

Lonly Yeah I guess since you guys are what about one of obnly a handful of people that still support T-Joke? Show me, prove to me how you can sya he has improved? The only thinkg he improved on was not getting injured. Take the blinders off We saw how terriblke he was last year. I for one wante dto see how he could do and thought that given time he would show some improvement over the season. He has yet to show thathe can or is capable of doing so. How can I say that with the Wr that he has? Easy. Look at last year with Brady he had who?? And put up great numbers.
Look at Mcnabb Before he had TO he was throwing to who? Garrad this year has been solid and he has who to throw to? Jeff Garcia last year and even somewhat this year.

Cleo Lemon, Alex Smith, Joey Harrington and Kyle Boller have better stats than him. And they have who to throw to? Maimi hasn't even won a game!

http://www.nfl.com/players/gamelogs?id=JAC566507
How could you not get better when you stats are that bad? Its a weak at best argument tpo say that it is the WR's fault. When you hit rock bottom there is no where else to go but up. Unfortuantly T-Joke has hit Roock bottom and continues to dig

briboy75
11-19-2007, 11:52 PM
Aren't there enought T-Jack bashing threads on here already?
This is all about Rice.