PDA

View Full Version : It's Official - Culpepper to start against Vikes

COJOMAY
11-14-2007, 08:01 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10473405

One thing that has gone right for Daunte Culpepper this season is timing.

When Oakland starting quarterback Josh McCown broke his toe earlier this season, it came in time to give Culpepper his first start with the Raiders in Miami against the team that released him earlier in the summer.

Now that a thigh injury and poor play have cost McCown his job for a second time this season, Culpepper moves back into the starting role in time to face his original NFL team, the Minnesota Vikings.

"When you go to a place that you played before obviously emotion is going to be a part of it," Culpepper said Wednesday. "But the main thing is I have to try to keep an even keel even though I know it's going to be crazy. But I'm looking forward to it..."

singersp
11-14-2007, 08:08 PM
Where are all the Culpepper crotch sniffers?
:-\

I thought they'd be lapping this one up.

umaguma1979
11-14-2007, 08:12 PM
Granted McCown is hurt and the Met Dome is not an ideal place for Russell to make his first start, but it sounds like Ziggy & Al Davis working out a deal under the table to prevent a blackout.

The logic here is that releasing the news of Culpepper starting this far in advance will incentivize Vikings fans to attend a buy tickets for a game that is not worth the price of attendence.

Inasmuch as I love the Vikings, I will be cheering for Culpepper this Sunday.
This game is more about Childress vs. Culpepper and it is hoped the outcome will result in the final rights read over Childress's coaching career in MN.

How cool would it be to have a new head coach next year that would actually entertain the thought of bringing Culpepper back.
I mean Tarkington was traded because he couldn't get along with Norm Van Brocklin - why should Culpepper's situation be any different?

COJOMAY
11-14-2007, 08:17 PM
"singersp" wrote:

Well, there's one at least!
;D

ultravikingfan
11-14-2007, 08:19 PM
Great...Pep is going to methidically pick us apart.
:-X

Purple Floyd
11-14-2007, 08:22 PM
Holy crap, Culpepper couldn't even hold a roster spot in Miami so he is traded to Oakland where he gets spot duty filling in for a mediocre QB when he is injured and people still want him back here? lol

I would stand by Childress and TJ alongside Marr after a loss before I would say bring back Culpepper lol.

It is convenient that it happened but it certainly isn't the first time in the NFL that circumstances played out so conveniently.

VikingMike
11-14-2007, 08:23 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Great...Pep is going to methidically pick us apart.

:-X

No way...opening possession he'll drive 78 yards and fumble it on the 2, we'll recover, lol.

mr.woo
11-14-2007, 08:26 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

Holy crap, Culpepper couldn't even hold a roster spot in Miami so he is traded to Oakland where he gets spot duty filling in for a mediocre QB when he is injured and people still want him back here? lol

I would stand by Childress and TJ alongside Marr after a loss before I would say bring back Culpepper lol.

It is convenient that it happened but it certainly isn't the first time in the NFL that circumstances played out so conveniently.

me thinks a conspiracy is afoot?.?.?.?

michaelmazid
11-14-2007, 08:34 PM
if he is anything like the old daunte, I predict some crucial fumbles, a couple of nice runs and an interception toward the end of the game when it counts the most, securing a loss for Oakland.

Schutz
11-14-2007, 08:38 PM
Poor Oakland, luckily we didn't give them the chance to snatch up someone like TJack
;D

Purple Floyd
11-14-2007, 09:15 PM
"Schutz" wrote:

Poor Oakland, luckily we didn't give them the chance to snatch up someone like TJack
;D

Shhhh.
Don't say that so loud, they may hear you and come after him ;D

purplepride_1961
11-14-2007, 09:20 PM
He will most likely be injuried before the 3rd snap

ItalianStallion
11-14-2007, 09:44 PM
"singersp" wrote:

I think most Daunte fans disappeared when he demanded a trade.

At least this storyline makes a game between bad teams somewhat interesting.

It's kind of humorous to think Moss was traded to Oakland because this would be the first regular season meeting between the teams since the trade, and yet the player who had a large part in his ousting (Culpepper) has replaced him in losertown.

x-ray jeff
11-14-2007, 09:49 PM
The Vikings D should get some turnovers this week!

mblack76
11-14-2007, 10:30 PM
Why do I have a feeling he would play well?
???

Zeus
11-14-2007, 10:55 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10473405

One thing that has gone right for Daunte Culpepper this season is timing.

When Oakland starting quarterback Josh McCown broke his toe earlier this season, it came in time to give Culpepper his first start with the Raiders in Miami against the team that released him earlier in the summer.

Now that a thigh injury and poor play have cost McCown his job for a second time this season, Culpepper moves back into the starting role in time to face his original NFL team, the Minnesota Vikings.

"When you go to a place that you played before obviously emotion is going to be a part of it," Culpepper said Wednesday. "But the main thing is I have to try to keep an even keel even though I know it's going to be crazy. But I'm looking forward to it..."

Fucking A.
I can't wait to see Tiny Man Hands put 4 on the turf on Sunday.

=Z=

Vikes_King
11-14-2007, 11:01 PM
lol, neat?

i seriously hope we demolish them, make a statement after last week

Zeus
11-14-2007, 11:12 PM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

lol, neat?

i seriously hope we demolish them, make a statement after last week

I predict forced fumbles for Ray Edwards and Kenechi Udeze.

Oh - and that avatar sucks ass - but I'm sure you know that.
Let that be a lesson about gambling, young man!

=Z=

VikingsMB
11-14-2007, 11:17 PM
I hope Culpepper does well.
He blew his knee out trying to make a few extra yards for the Purple Pride.
He deserved a lot better than Childress pitched at him.
He does not know how lucky was to get off this Love Boat.
Come to think of it, Childress looks a lot like Captain Stubing

Zeus
11-14-2007, 11:19 PM
"VikingsMB" wrote:

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

=Z=

VikingsMB
11-14-2007, 11:27 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"VikingsMB" wrote:

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

=Z=

Come on...he knew in one phone call the kind of guy Childress is.
It's been almost 2 years for us and we can't leave.

V4L
11-14-2007, 11:33 PM
Go PEP!!!

Just don't win against us please

Im excited to see him live

Ltrey33
11-14-2007, 11:35 PM
"VikingsMB" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"VikingsMB" wrote:

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

=Z=

It is pretty well documented that Culpepper makes great decisions. I agree with VikingsMB.

Remember, he is the same guy that said it was time for Moss to go and that he could be successful without him. He was also the guy that decided to rehab in a K*Mart parking lot. Plus, he showed how classy he was on that boat.

Oh wait...

Maybe Culpepper didn't know jackshit about Childress and was just a crybaby who wanted more money after having a piss poor season and a catastrophic knee injury.

Yep. That's it.

Zeus
11-14-2007, 11:36 PM
"VikingsMB" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"VikingsMB" wrote:

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

Everything the Vikings said about Daunte and his knee has come true.
If he had committed to rehabbing it with the Vikings staff, he likely would be starting for the Vikings on Sunday.
Instead, he chose to run his own program, far away from the team in Florida and when they told him that was not their preference, he responded by emailing the local press with his bitching and whining.

Add in the absolute lack of success w/out Randy.
Add in the fumbles.
Add in the Love Boat.
Add in his "holdout" during training camp of Wilf's first season as owner.

Daunte won NOTHING in his time here.
His good numbers are directly related to the presence of an interested Randy Moss.
As soon as that crutch was gone, he was exposed for the poor defense reading, tiny handed 2nd-string faker he truly is.

=Z=

NodakPaul
11-14-2007, 11:43 PM
"Ltrey" wrote:

"VikingsMB" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"VikingsMB" wrote:

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

=Z=

It is pretty well documented that Culpepper makes great decisions. I agree with VikingsMB.

Remember, he is the same guy that said it was time for Moss to go and that he could be successful without him. He was also the guy that decided to rehab in a K*Mart parking lot. Plus, he showed how classy he was on that boat.

Oh wait...

Maybe Culpepper didn't know jackshit about Childress and was just a crybaby who wanted more money after having a piss poor season and a catastrophic knee injury.

Yep. That's it.

Ltrey gets my vote for post of the week.

vikingivan
11-14-2007, 11:45 PM
Pep is starting.
I might have to get tickets.

VikingsMB
11-14-2007, 11:46 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"VikingsMB" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"VikingsMB" wrote:

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

If he had committed to rehabbing it with the Vikings staff, he likely would be starting for the Vikings on Sunday.
Instead, he chose to run his own program, far away from the team in Florida and when they told him that was not their preference, he responded by emailing the local press with his bitching and whining.

Add in the fumbles.
Add in the Love Boat.

His good numbers are directly related to the presence of an interested Randy Moss.
As soon as that crutch was gone, he was exposed for the poor defense reading, tiny handed 2nd-string faker he truly is.

=Z=

Harsh...but remember...who did Tice pick up for Culpepper to throw to?
Marcus Robinson...Nate Burleson...Kelly Campbell...The double coverage left on the Recievers and the line got that much bigger.
It is reminiscent of what we see week in and week out with the exception that he did not have an AP to hand off to...Ontario Smith, Mewelde Moore,
Michael Bennett.

vikingivan
11-14-2007, 11:50 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"VikingsMB" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"VikingsMB" wrote:

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

Add in the fumbles.
Add in the Love Boat.

=Z=

Z, don't forget Chris Carter!
Pep, had him for two years too.

StillPurple
11-15-2007, 12:06 AM
I agree with what all you guys wrote above. I loved Culpepper when he was here. I still have an authentic C-pepper $ 275 jersey, BTW.

I think Culpepper will have massive problems against the Cover 2, because it is designed to stop QBs like him who like to throw deep. Let's face it, C-pepper can't really read defenses, and his favorite play is the broken play where he rolls out and then throws deep. We will eat that up. He will have a bad day.

Sorry, Daunte, but you are no longer in purple. You are in black and silver, so we have to lay that pine now.

RK.
11-15-2007, 12:32 AM
"Ltrey" wrote:

Oh wait...

Yep. That's it.

Nice Ltrey.
I agree.

And lets not forget Pep was starting for the Raiders then lost the job and is only starting this week as the backup QB.
I hope our D kicks his whiney ass all day,
all over the field.

BadlandsVikings
11-15-2007, 12:38 AM
I wish him happy fumbles

http://philadelphia-eagles.net/history/2004/playoffs/div-i.jpg

Storm
11-15-2007, 01:05 AM
Sucks for Oakland. I thought they would take a look at Russel against our horrible pass D.

Well, lets hope we don't give up another 300+ yards to Pep. ::)

Schutz
11-15-2007, 01:10 AM
I predict that Dante throws 3 picks to Pat Williams who will tear it up in coverage once again.
I heard Childress was thinking of having him start at Free Safety.

DustinDupont
11-15-2007, 01:12 AM
"Schutz" wrote:

I predict that Dante throws 3 picks to Pat Williams who will tear it up in coverage once again.
I heard Childress was thinking of having him start at Free Safety.

haha that is funny...

snowinapril
11-15-2007, 01:20 AM
NFLN's Schefter says that he think that it is possible that we will see Russell play sets of down on Sunday.

Crazy!

Side Note:
There have been something like 53 QBs start this year in the NFL.
Three teams have had 3 different QBs start.
LOL!

snowinapril
11-15-2007, 01:23 AM
Maybe while DC is here in MPLS, he can sit down with CHilly and have that meeting that he wouldn't take before.

Will the Vikings D have some revenge set aside for DC walking on them a few years back?

Schutz
11-15-2007, 02:09 AM
Oh pu-lease.
I will admit I have a bias in favor of Dante, but don't tell me that there wasn't equal blame to be put on Childress for Dante leaving.
Childress was just as big a baby for Dante not listening to his great offseason knowledge as Dante was for being unwilling to bend at all.

It's a two way street, I doubt there are many if any players who hold a grudge against Dante.

midgensa
11-15-2007, 02:17 AM
I hope I am wrong ... but I have a feeling he could come out and do well against us. We HAVE to pressure him. We know he panics against the blitz ... so lets BRING IT.

ultravikingfan
11-15-2007, 04:29 AM
"VikingsMB" wrote:

???

How much did Chilly have to do with him?
He never coached him.

El Vikingo
11-15-2007, 05:45 AM
Great news for me,during the Oakland off. drives ,we will be able to kidnap Jamarcus Russell and replace him with Tarvaris in a Oakland uniform.

singersp
11-15-2007, 05:59 AM
"Ltrey" wrote:

Oh wait...

Yep. That's it.

I supported DC at first until he started going crazy with his e-mails & demands, then I wanted him gone. But I won't let some bullshit comments slide without some retort.

1. Moss was responsible for his own demise from the team with his "it's all about me attitude" & his disruptiveness on the team, not Culpepper. McCombs traded him, not Culpepper.

2. Who cares were the fuck he rehabilitated. Would it have been any different if that gym was located next to the Mayo clinic? Wal-Mart has absolutely 0% to do with it.

What specialized piece of equipment does Winter Park have that other places don't? Give me a fucking break. He was working with a doctor/trainer while he was down there. Who are you to judge those people credibility without having one ounce of information about them or their medical background?

3. Culpepper was on the boat & had a lousy lap dance. No doubt about that. Get over it. So do millions of other Americans. McKinnie had himself a big helping of muff pie, yet I haven't once read where you have bashed him for it. As a matter of fact of all the people that I have read posts from that have bashed Culpper & Smoot for the Love Boat thing & there have been many, only about one or two other members have bashed McKinnie for it.

Talk about hipocracy.

PurpleTide
11-15-2007, 07:16 AM
It's going to be interesting to hear the response of the crowd, judging by this thread when Daunte comes on the field. He should be plenty fired up and ready to play.

That said I hope we knock him on his jiggly butt. Slap the ball out of his hand, and knock any idea of a Raider victory right out.

singersp
11-15-2007, 07:18 AM
Culpepper returns, aims to salt Vikings' wounds (http://www.startribune.com/vikings/story/1551847.html)

A wrecked knee and two teams ago, he brought fire to the Metrodome. It's still there, decked in silver and black.

By Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune

Last update: November 15, 2007 – 12:37 AM

The Oakland Raiders named Daunte Culpepper -- yes, that Daunte -- as their starting quarterback for Sunday's game at the Metrodome, hoping to capitalize on the emotions of a player whose grudge against the Vikings is well-known.....

singersp
11-15-2007, 07:20 AM
Dome start thrills former Minnesota Viking Daunte Culpepper (http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_7465273)

He says he'll need to rein in emotions

BY SEAN JENSEN
Pioneer Press

Article Launched: 11/15/2007 12:01:00 AM CST

Daunte Culpepper is coming back to the Metrodome, only this time he won't be wearing purple.....

VikingMike
11-15-2007, 08:19 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"Ltrey" wrote:

"VikingsMB" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"VikingsMB" wrote:

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

=Z=

Oh wait...

Yep. That's it.

Good one...I'll second that.

Zeus
11-15-2007, 08:21 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"Ltrey" wrote:

Oh wait...

Yep. That's it.

I supported DC at first until he started going crazy with his e-mails & demands, then I wanted him gone. But I won't let some bullshit comments slide without some retort.

1. Moss was responsible for his own demise from the team with his "it's all about me attitude" & his disruptiveness on the team, not Culpepper. McCombs traded him, not Culpepper.

2. Who cares were the fuck he rehabilitated. Would it have been any different if that gym was located next to the Mayo clinic? Wal-Mart has absolutely 0% to do with it.

What specialized piece of equipment does Winter Park have that other places don't? Give me a fucking break. He was working with a doctor/trainer while he was down there. Who are you to judge those people credibility without having one ounce of information about them or their medical background?

3. Culpepper was on the boat & had a lousy lap dance. No doubt about that. Get over it. So do millions of other Americans. McKinnie had himself a big helping of muff pie, yet I haven't once read where you have bashed him for it. As a matter of fact of all the people that I have read posts from that have bashed Culpper & Smoot for the Love Boat thing & there have been many, only about one or two other members have bashed McKinnie for it.

Talk about hipocracy.

Talk about a nice throwaway line at the end to really zing it in there.

Now - what about his training camp "holdout", the communication via email with the press, his fumbling, his poor defense reading skills, his sulking in Florida rather than rehabbing with the Vikings staff (that's HUGE, IMHO.
Chad Greenway was HERE all last season, learning, absorbing, getting healthy.)

How does this supposed hypocrisy about the Love Boat change any of that?

=Z=

Zeus
11-15-2007, 08:22 AM
"VikingMike" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

My post - just seconds or minutes after his is MUCH better!
:^)

=Z=

VikingMike
11-15-2007, 08:22 AM
"PurpleTide" wrote:

It's going to be interesting to hear the response of the crowd, judging by this thread when Daunte comes on the field. He should be plenty fired up and ready to play.

That said I hope we knock him on his jiggly butt. Slap the ball out of his hand, and knock any idea of a Raider victory right out.

Right...I don't care what any of the Pep lovers say, we gotta embarrass him and the Raiders on Sunday. Not hoping for any injuries, except to his pride.

Marrdro
11-15-2007, 08:24 AM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

Thanks my friend.
Lets throw in the rest of the D as well.
They all need our support right about now.

Here's hoping Griff, McCauley, Winfield, Sharp, Tank, Dwight and the LB's and DL have a field day on his small handed, money grubbing ass.
;D

Marrdro
11-15-2007, 08:29 AM
"Ltrey" wrote:

"VikingsMB" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"VikingsMB" wrote:

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

=Z=

Oh wait...

Yep. That's it.

You crack me up.
Spot on and funny at the same time.

Funny how most of the crotchsniffers forget what really happened.
Wait, those are the same guys who thinks the Chiller and not Bryzcheapski is the one that writes/offers contracts.
::)

VikingMike
11-15-2007, 08:32 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

Thanks my friend.
Lets throw in the rest of the D as well.
They all need our support right about now.

Here's hoping Griff, McCauley, Winfield, Sharp, Tank, Dwight and the LB's and DL have a field day on his small handed, money grubbing jiggly butt.

;D

Marrdro, that's my first and probably my best laugh of the day!!! I love it...and T-Rex will be taken down by the Vikes.

Marrdro
11-15-2007, 08:32 AM
"VikingsMB" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"VikingsMB" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"VikingsMB" wrote:

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

Add in the fumbles.
Add in the Love Boat.

=Z=

Harsh...but remember...who did Tice pick up for Culpepper to throw to?
Marcus Robinson...Nate Burleson...Kelly Campbell...The double coverage left on the Recievers and the line got that much bigger.
It is reminiscent of what we see week in and week out with the exception that he did not have an AP to hand off to...Ontario Smith, Mewelde Moore,
Michael Bennett.

Uhhhhh ooooohhhh.
Someone blaming Tice now.

Comeon.
Just like the Chiller, Mike didn't have the final vote in all personnel moves.
Additionally, Mike also was the most underpaid HC and had the smallest coaching staff.

Don't try to blame him cause Pepp didn't have a good supporting cast.

singersp
11-15-2007, 08:51 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Ltrey" wrote:

Oh wait...

Yep. That's it.

Talk about hipocracy.

Now - what about his training camp "holdout", the communication via email with the press, his fumbling, his poor defense reading skills, his sulking in Florida rather than rehabbing with the Vikings staff (that's HUGE, IMHO.

=Z=

It doesn't, which is why that type of stuff should have been brought up instead of the Love Boat.

I addressed the e-mails in my first sentence.

I shouldn't have to remind people that when the training camp holdout happened, that is when Culpepper originally was asking to renegotiate his contract. That was before the 2005 season.

They talked him into not holding out & they would meet again after the season was over. And that is exactly what Culpepper did.

There are a lot of other player who do not rehab at their training facility. You know that. There are even players who mis the non-mandatory training camps & work out on their own.

He didn't sulk in Florida. Florida is where his family was & where he chose to rehabilitate. I see no fault in that.

What irks me is when people bash Culpepper about the Love Boat, yet they don't say diddly fucking squat or bash McKinnie for his even much worse role in it.

If you don't see AD on the sidelines this Sunday, what are you going to say about that?

If he's not, I expect the same people that bashed any other player for it to bash AD for it.

By the way, I wasn't paying attention, but was Winfield on the sidelines these past two weeks? Was T-Jack on the sidelines every game he missed while he was injured?

Too many people here are always one sided & fail to look at things objectively. When one player that a member here does something wrong, they ride his ass. When another player that a member here likes does something wrong, they turn there head, look the other way & mums the word.

Throw away line my ass. This site has it's fair share of hypocrates.

Ltrey33
11-15-2007, 09:08 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"Ltrey" wrote:

Oh wait...

Yep. That's it.

Talk about hipocracy.

Sorry sing, I have to disagree.

Moss was partially responsible for his own demise, but remember Culpepper's comments at the Pro Bowl?
"He's my good friend, but you almost get to thinking that maybe enough is enough. And maybe the Vikings organization has had enough." Doesn't exactly sound like a ringing endorsement to me. When you get your supposed "star" quarterback (and there were very few people out there that didn't think Daunte was legit at that time) talking badly about a guy, it is going to carry some weight. To suggest that Daunte had no input is ridiculous.

The story about where he rehabbed was a big deal. He didn't stay in Winter Park to rehab, which may not sound like a big deal but he had a new coach and an entirely new offense/playbook to learn, yet he seemed content staying in Florida where he could be far away from the Vikings. You can say it's not a big deal if you want, but Zeus is right, Greenway showed the right way to do it.

Lastly, how can you call me a hypocrite? I'm not sure if I have said anything about McKinnie or Smoot, but I am guessing that I have. But if I haven't, let me make it clear: I find what went on with McKinnie, Smoot, Moe Williams and Culpepper on that boat to be morally repugnant.

Call me a hypocrite? C'mon singer, seriously. You don't even know me.

NordicNed
11-15-2007, 09:09 AM
All I'll say is, a picture says a thousand words....
;D

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/cebuned/Vikings%20Stuff/000_0099.jpg

snowinapril
11-15-2007, 10:11 AM
"Schutz" wrote:

Oh pu-lease.
I will admit I have a bias in favor of Dante, but don't tell me that there wasn't equal blame to be put on Childress for Dante leaving.
Childress was just as big a baby for Dante not listening to his great offseason knowledge as Dante was for being unwilling to bend at all.

It's a two way street, I doubt there are many if any players who hold a grudge against Dante.

I was taking that stance for a long time then I figured it didn't matter.
It is easier for those to blame the guy that is gone and not part of the team.

Zeus
11-15-2007, 11:24 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Ltrey" wrote:

Oh wait...

Yep. That's it.

Talk about hipocracy.

=Z=

It doesn't, which is why that type of stuff should have been brought up instead of the Love Boat.

I addressed the e-mails in my first sentence.

I shouldn't have to remind people that when the training camp holdout happened, that is when Culpepper originally was asking to renegotiate his contract. That was before the 2005 season.

They talked him into not holding out & they would meet again after the season was over. And that is exactly what Culpepper did.

There are a lot of other player who do not rehab at their training facility. You know that. There are even players who mis the non-mandatory training camps & work out on their own.

He didn't sulk in Florida. Florida is where his family was & where he chose to rehabilitate. I see no fault in that.

What irks me is when people bash Culpepper about the Love Boat, yet they don't say diddly fucking squat or bash McKinnie for his even much worse role in it.

If you don't see AD on the sidelines this Sunday, what are you going to say about that?

If he's not, I expect the same people that bashed any other player for it to bash AD for it.

By the way, I wasn't paying attention, but was Winfield on the sidelines these past two weeks? Was T-Jack on the sidelines every game he missed while he was injured?

Too many people here are always one sided & fail to look at things objectively. When one player that a member here does something wrong, they ride his ass. When another player that a member here likes does something wrong, they turn there head, look the other way & mums the word.

Throw away line my ass. This site has it's fair share of hypocrates.

Sidelines?
Who said anything about being on the sidelines?
I sure didn't.

I *never* liked Daunte as a QB.
Not ever, not once, not even when he took them to the NFC Championship game.
He was always saved by Randy's talent and that stupid arm roll thing looked idiotic on TV.

He won nothing.
He failed as soon as Randy left.
He did not elevate the team.

As to the "throwaway" line - perhaps I made my point poorly.
In the post to which I first responded, you made all sorts of other good points but then got angry about it and lost in this sea of hypocrisy.
We ALL do that - when someone is on the team, we love them.
When they leave, they suck.
That's sports!

=Z=

NordicNed
11-15-2007, 11:30 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"Schutz" wrote:

Oh pu-lease.

I was taking that stance for a long time then I figured it didn't matter.
It is easier for those to blame the guy that is gone and not part of the team.

I said this a long time ago, and it didn't get much attention, but I believe it had alot more to do with Culpeppers leaving than most wanted to realize.
I read at the time a Florida Sports paper, that gave
a small mentioning to the fact that Dante's wife was a big factor for him leaving MN.....She was hurt and embarrased about the Love Boat issue, and didn't want to be in or near MN any longer.
Most of all, she didn't want Dante there.
Funny how he ended up in Miami, close to where him and his wife where used to being and happy there......

A mad wife can be a very powerfull person in how a man makes up his mind....

JMHO

NodakPaul
11-15-2007, 11:36 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"VikingMike" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

My post - just seconds or minutes after his is MUCH better!
:^)

=Z=

http://scottwax.com/rice/ratedr/attention%20whore3.jpg

(Sorry, couldn't resist. ;))

NodakPaul
11-15-2007, 11:41 AM
Just realized that the last game Dante played in the dome was the Oct 23rd, 2005 win against Green Bay.

That was a great game, with the last minute FG to win.

I wonder how DC will be able to handle the hostile crowd in the dome.
I am pulling for one fumble, one INT, and no TDs.

VikingMike
11-15-2007, 11:53 AM
QUOTE FROM ZEUS
I *never* liked Daunte as a QB.
Not ever, not once, not even when he took them to the NFC Championship game.
He was always saved by Randy's talent and that stupid arm roll thing looked idiotic on TV.

I thought I was the only one who thought this strongly about Culpepper. The only memories I have are 41-0, forced fumbles/INT's in critical situations (mostly as we are getting ready to score), rehabdisrespect for a new incoming coach, and that stupid moronic arm rolling you mentioned. Totally overrated...he did nothing for us, and in the long run only hurt us.

Jeremy
11-15-2007, 12:07 PM
Facts:
A Minnesota Vikings QB has not passed for 300 or more yards in a game since 2005.
The last Vikings QB to pass for 300 yards was Daunte Culpepper on September 25, 2005 against the New Orleans Saints. He completed 21/29 passes for 300 yards even and threw three touchdown passes and zero interceptions.

marstc09
11-15-2007, 12:24 PM
I am excited to see him play.

I am pissed about what he did to the team and once fans like me.

On one hand I hope we kick the shit out of him and win.

On the other hand I hope he sticks it to Chilly and has a good game.

It makes the game more interesting.

Frostbite
11-15-2007, 12:31 PM
What's with some of the Negative Talk going on about Culpepper?? I seem to recall most everybody being very excited when he played for us with Carter/Smith/Moss and Company. Somebody must have believed in the guy because the entite Franchise at that time was being built around him. I don't remember to many fans being upset with Daunte Culpepper when he showed up in 99. I seem to remember a lot of people/fans were excited about the prospect.

I also remember some very good games from him....good rund...good throws...etc. Some good seasons too. Why is it we turn on former players so easily and can't seem to recall the positive things they did when they were a part of the Franchise?
I guess the old saying (True) is that good things are remembered in the moment...and bad things are never forgotten/or forgiven.

2000 season.....11-5 Beating the Saints in the first round of the NFC playoffs 34-16....Unfortunately losing in the NFC Championship game to the NY Giants 41-0

A lot to cheer about in that season with D.C. at the QB helm....except for the beating in NY.

He was a three time Pro Bowl player for this team as well....

Cheers!

Purplemania
11-15-2007, 12:31 PM
The game just got THAT much easier =]

One of the dumbest QB ever vs. our defense...now if we can't step it up agianst this we're really doomed.

seaniemck7
11-15-2007, 12:33 PM
Here are my thoughts on Daunte showing his true colors:

-Plays a role in Moss getting traded.
-Gets hurt and shows up for 1 fricken game after hurt when the owner goes down and gets him (i think this is what Singer was referring to on the 'sidelines' issue.)
-After hurt demands more money even though the Vike were going to pay him additional money.
-"Holds Out" because he doesn't think his deal is fair.
-Refused to Rehab in MN even though there is a new coach, new offense, new players, new playbook.
-Has poor communication with the new HC (sure this probably goes both ways, but Tice coddled Culpepper, and IMHO knew Chilly wasn't going to baby him)
-Gets the idea that he doesnt want to play in MN anymore (Coach, Loveboat tiral ensuing, rehab, contract issues)
-*side note on hypocracy* Mckinnie, Smoot, Moe all were punished via the courts.
C-Pep got a pass because he was ... Gambling??? nice excuse, i don't buy it.

-Realizes he can use the contract issue to get out of MN and works that angle to the fullest
-Fires his agent and represents himself
-Whines his way out of MN through emails to the press looking like a j~~~~~~s in the process.
-Gets to Miami and doesn't have the sack to tell the coach's that he's not ready when he knew he wasn't.

That about sums it up for me.

NodakPaul
11-15-2007, 12:37 PM
"Frostbite" wrote:

What's with some of the Negative Talk going on about Culpepper?? I seem to recall most everybody being very excited when he played for us with Carter/Smith/Moss and Company. Somebody must have believed in the guy because the entite Franchise at that time was being built around him. I don't remember to many fans being upset with Daunte Culpepper when he showed up in 99. I seem to remember a lot of people/fans were excited about the prospect.

I also remember some very good games from him....good rund...good throws...etc. Some good seasons too. Why is it we turn on former players so easily and can't seem to recall the positive things they did when they were a part of the Franchise?
I guess the old saying (True) is that good things are remembered in the moment...and bad things are never forgotten/or forgiven.

2000 season.....11-5 Beating the Saints in the first round of the NFC playoffs 34-16....Unfortunately losing in the NFC Championship game to the NY Giants 41-0

A lot to cheer about in that season with D.C. at the QB helm....except for the beating in NY.

Cheers!

It is the way he left Minnesota, not the way he played while here, that draws all of the negativity.
I was one of many fans who liked DC when her was here, but hate him for the selfishness he displayed his final year and after.

Purplemania
11-15-2007, 12:39 PM
Actually I want to hurt McCown too. Everytime I see him he always brings back a certain painful 2003 play...

Frostbite
11-15-2007, 12:46 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!

It is the way he left Minnesota, not the way he played while here, that draws all of the negativity.
I was one of many fans who liked DC when her was here, but hate him for the selfishness he displayed his final year and after.

I can't disagree with that Nodakpaul.....but none of us were in the rooms listening to the whys and and hows of any negotiations or other practical reasons D.C. may have taken the route he choose out of Minnesota. We have only the drive by media press...rumor...speculation...and very little fact to support all the "Negative" bordering on "Spite" for this guy I am reading in here.

I can only judge somebody by his or her accomplishments....deeds....dealings that I have witnessed or heard in person. I know Daunte made a few damaging remarks before his exit from the Team as well, but I can't help but wonder if some of that was response to negative feelings and deeds proposed or done by the Franchise?

In my life experience I know there are always two sides to every coin. I sincerely hope the fans will show the usual class they have by giving D.C. a (Reserved) cheer. Afterall, he is on the opposing team this weekend.

JMHO

Ranger
11-15-2007, 12:52 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"VikingsMB" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"VikingsMB" wrote:

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

Add in the fumbles.
Add in the Love Boat.

=Z=

Culpepper was far too inconsistant for me, but calling him a tiny handed 2nd-string faker is a little ridiculous.
He had one of the most prolific seasons in NFL history, and several other exceptional ones prior to that.
His knocks were his knocks...inability to maintain possession of the ball and occasional bad decisions.
To say that all of his productivity was due to Moss is ridiculous...Moss missed several games in Daunte's great season, and Pep still looked very, very good.

Lets not get out of hand, here.

seaniemck7
11-15-2007, 12:57 PM
"Frostbite" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!

I can't disagree with that Nodakpaul.....but none of us were in the rooms listening to the whys and and hows of any negotiations or other practical reasons D.C. may have taken the route he choose out of Minnesota. We have only the drive by media press...rumor...speculation...and very little fact to support all the "Negative" bordering on "Spite" for this guy I am reading in here.

I can only judge somebody by his or her accomplishments....deeds....dealings that I have witnessed or heard in person. I know Daunte made a few damaging remarks before his exit from the Team as well, but I can't help but wonder if some of that was response to negative feelings and deeds proposed or done by the Franchise?

In my life experience I know there are always two sides to every coin. I sincerely hope the fans will show the usual class they have by giving D.C. a (Reserved) cheer. Afterall, he is on the opposing team this weekend.

JMHO

Please see my post, 3 posts up.
Those are his Deeds that draw my conclusions that he is not who I thought he was.
I followed his departure very closely, and he handled it like a spoiled child.
Period.

NodakPaul
11-15-2007, 01:04 PM
"Frostbite" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!

JMHO

Much of it is not speculation.
His refusal to come to Minnesota to rehab is not speculation.
Him demanding more money is not speculation.
The many emails that he sent to the media are not speculative.
However, when you say, "I can't help but wonder if some of that was response to negative feelings and deeds proposed or done by the Franchise", THAT is pure speculation.

I will agree that none of use were in the rooms when DC was negotiating.
Of course, neither was Dante, since he refused to meet with the head coach.

Do I think DC is solely responsible for leaving Minnesota? No.
Do I think he is solely responsible for the way he left Minnesota.
Definitely.
He should take a lesson from Brad Johnson, who lost his starting job to a rookie, but still remained classy when he asked to be cut.
DC was still our starting QB when he started throwing his fits.

As for cheering him in the Metrodome - no way in hell.
The only time I have ever cheered a returning player when they were part of another team was Moss, and I think he did a hell of a lot more to earn it.
I will show him about as much love as he showed us when he left... and boo as loudly as I can if/when he is introduced.

Frostbite
11-15-2007, 01:06 PM
"seaniemck7" wrote:

"Frostbite" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!

JMHO

Please see my post, 3 posts up.
Those are his Deeds that draw my conclusions that he is not who I thought he was.
I followed his departure very closely, and he handled it like a spoiled child.
Period.

I did read your posts....I also followed the Exit of D.C. from the team with great interest. I am not trying to step on you here either. We just seem to see it from different perspectives. That doesn't make you wrong. Some of the reasons you listed could be looked at from different angles depending on circumstances. I guess we can agree to disagree on some of this issue.

Cheers!

Frostbite
11-15-2007, 01:13 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"Frostbite" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!

JMHO

However, when you say, "I can't help but wonder if some of that was response to negative feelings and deeds proposed or done by the Franchise", THAT is pure speculation.

Definitely.
He should take a lesson from Brad Johnson, who lost his starting job to a rookie, but still remained classy when he asked to be cut.

The only time I have ever cheered a returning player when they were part of another team was Moss, and I think he did a hell of a lot more to earn it.
I will show him about as much love as he showed us when he left... and boo as loudly as I can if/when he is introduced.

Wow....you have to be kidding??? .....And Moss didn't show any of the Juvinille antics/poor attitude/rotten negotiation practices of contract/Lousy work ethics/ and other problems when he left the Vikings either??? Moss would be the last player I would ever cheer coming back to Minnesota.

See....perspectives....We can all see things differently and have our own perspectives. Isn't debate a great thing!

Cheers!

VikingMike
11-15-2007, 01:25 PM
"Jeremy" wrote:

Facts:
A Minnesota Vikings QB has not passed for 300 or more yards in a game since 2005.
The last Vikings QB to pass for 300 yards was Daunte Culpepper on September 25, 2005 against the New Orleans Saints. He completed 21/29 passes for 300 yards even and threw three touchdown passes and zero interceptions.

Sure, Jeremy, he had some good (and great) games...here are the stats for the other 6 games he played in 2005:

Week 1 - 22/33, 233 yds, 0 TDs, 3 INTs, 2 Fum, 2 FL, 24-13 loss to Tampa Bay.
Week 2 - 21/37, 236 yds, 0 TDs, 5 INTs, 0 Fum/FL, 37-8 loss to Cincinnati.
Week 4 - 23/34, 250 yds, 1 TD, 2 INTs, 2 Fum, 2 FL, 30-10 loss to Atlanta.
Week 6 - 26/48, 237 yds, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 0 Fum/FL, 28-3 loss to Chicago.
Week 7 - 23/31, 280 yds, 2 TDs, 0 INTs, 1 Fum, 1FL, 23-20 Minnesota beats GB.
Week 8 - 3/4, 28 yds, 0 TDs, 0 INTs, 0 Fum/FL, 38-13 loss to Carolina; out for remainder of season.

Totals - 118/187, 1264 yds, 3 TDs, 12 INTs, 5 Fum, 5 FL, 1-5 record.

Was he a horrible QB? No. Was it all his fault? Of course not, but he fumbled way too much. And you're not going to win if your TO ratio is negative 11.

ejmat
11-15-2007, 01:34 PM
"VikingMike" wrote:

"Jeremy" wrote:

Facts:

Sure, Jeremy, he had some good (and great) games...here are the stats for the other 6 games he played in 2005:

Week 8 - 3/4, 28 yds, 0 TDs, 0 INTs, 0 Fum/FL, 38-13 loss to Carolina; out for remainder of season.

Was he a horrible QB? No. Was it all his fault? Of course not, but he fumbled way too much. And you're not going to win if your TO ratio is negative 11.

I thought they beat Atlanta.

NodakPaul
11-15-2007, 01:36 PM
"Frostbite" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"Frostbite" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!

JMHO

Definitely.

Wow....you have to be kidding??? .....And Moss didn't show any of the Juvinille antics/poor attitude/rotten negotiation practices of contract/Lousy work ethics/ and other problems when he left the Vikings either??? Moss would be the last player I would ever cheer coming back to Minnesota.

See....perspectives....We can all see things differently and have our own perspectives. Isn't debate a great thing!

Cheers!

I cheered Moss because he is one of the greatest players to ever play the game.
DC doesn't even come close to that mark.
When he came back to Minnesota last year for the preseason game, I cheered when he was introduced, along with the majority of the metrodome.
Let's see how many people do that for DC.

I think the difference between Moss and Culpepper (other than talent level) is that fact that Moss's trade was orchestrated primarily by Red McCombs, where as Culpepper orchestrated his own trade out of Minnesota.

RK.
11-15-2007, 01:49 PM
Screw him.
I hope we destroy him in this game and he goes back to the boo's of the Raider fans in the black hole in Oakland.

VikingMike
11-15-2007, 01:51 PM
"ejmat" wrote:

"VikingMike" wrote:

"Jeremy" wrote:

Facts:

No, Atlanta scored TDs on their 1st 2 drives, Dunn ran for 126 yds and we didn't score a TD until 5:24 left in the game.

Frostbite
11-15-2007, 02:00 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"Frostbite" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"Frostbite" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

Cheers!

JMHO

Definitely.

Cheers!

I cheered Moss because he is one of the greatest players to ever play the game.
DC doesn't even come close to that mark.
When he came back to Minnesota last year for the preseason game, I cheered when he was introduced, along with the majority of the metrodome.
Let's see how many people do that for DC.

I think the difference between Moss and Culpepper (other than talent level) is that fact that Moss's trade was orchestrated primarily by Red McCombs, where as Culpepper orchestrated his own trade out of Minnesota.

The serious Knee Injury was the beginning of the end of Culpeppers time in Minnesota. It forced a lot of things to the surface during the time that followed....on both sides of Rehab and future dealings with the Team. Culpepper was hard nosed on his position and wrong in many ways for taking the position he did while "Orchestrating his Trade out of Minnesota". The sad fact is he was not going to be able to continue with the team at a pay level even close to what he thought he deserved. No question that was seen as "Hostile" by a lot of fans. I understand this....but I guess I choose to remember the 3 time Pro Bowl player and his contributions while he was still in good standing with the team/fans. Glass half full....As far as Moss goes (Off Topic but couldn't help myself) I will never respect him, because he has all the God Given tallent in the World but none with regard to showing Character. He slacked when things started going down hill here....He slacked in oakland where things were tough and he could have made a better contribution and now that he's on a "Championship Calliber" winning team again, suddenly he can turn on the Tallent once again. Yea....That really deserves our loyalty and cheering alright. Not in my book.....because GREATNESS isn't just about tallent, it's about doing the best you can in any circumstance and showing character enough to give 100 percent no matter which team you play for.

Cheers!

Frostbite
11-15-2007, 02:15 PM
One additional comment I left out of my post. I honestly do not remember ANY time in Culpeppers career with us that he wasn't giving 100 percent (Play) on the field. If anything....he tried to do to much on some plays that caused TOs and eventually the serious knee injury.

On the other hand I remember clearly Moss coasting/complaining/Not giving 100 percent/some the time from 2000 forward until his departure.

That is why I would cheer DC (Reserved Cheer) and would Boo Randy.

JMHO.

Cheers!

Storm
11-15-2007, 02:24 PM
It's your right to cheer or boo anyone you want, but there is no comparison of Moss and Pep as far as talent goes. Moss - probably the best receiver of all times; Pep - an ok QB.

I don't really care about all the drama queens and their obsession with calling players "cancer" or whatever. The thing is, Randy has made me cheer wildly too many times during his Viking career for me to EVER consider booing him. Same with Pep, he did a lot of good stuff in purple uniform. And I can't really blame either of them for leaving this organization.

Frostbite
11-15-2007, 02:42 PM
"Storm" wrote:

It's your right to cheer or boo anyone you want, but there is no comparison of Moss and Pep as far as talent goes. Moss - probably the best receiver of all times; Pep - an ok QB.

I don't really care about all the drama queens and their obsession with calling players "cancer" or whatever. The thing is, Randy has made me cheer wildly too many times during his Viking career for me to EVER consider booing him. Same with Pep, he did a lot of good stuff in purple uniform. And I can't really blame either of them for leaving this organization.

Absolutely right storm!!! The problem for me (Personally) is that I view Effort/Character/Heart as being every bit as important as tallent. I suppose one could make the argumnet that DC showed no character upon his final dealings and ultimate departure from the Vikes too. I will conceed that could be viewed the same..... The difference to me is that DCs problems came after his play contributions and after the serious Knee injury. He gave 100 percent up until that time.....Moss did not.... I will submit this statement for you to consider. Moss....no doubt has the potential to be the best WR ever, even surpassing Jerry Rice....Why did I have to say "Potential"??? Because if he would have been honestly trying 100 percent of the time since he came into the League we would already be making that comparison between the two. Going through the motions while collecting your check...coasting and putting your tallent on hold until you get to a Championship calliber team isn't my idea of Greatness. Playing Hard no matter what the circumstances you are playing in shows true greatness. In my humble opinion.

Cheers!

Zeus
11-15-2007, 02:45 PM
"Frostbite" wrote:

"Storm" wrote:

Absolutely right storm!!! The problem for me (Personally) is that I view Effort/Character/Heart as being every bit as important as tallent. I suppose one could make the argumnet that DC showed no character upon his final dealings and ultimate departure from the Vikes too. I will conceed that could be viewed the same..... The difference to me is that DCs problems came after his play contributions and after the serious Knee injury. He gave 100 percent up until that time.....

Brooks Bollinger gives 100%, too.

=Z=

Frostbite
11-15-2007, 02:51 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"Frostbite" wrote:

"Storm" wrote:

Absolutely right storm!!! The problem for me (Personally) is that I view Effort/Character/Heart as being every bit as important as tallent. I suppose one could make the argumnet that DC showed no character upon his final dealings and ultimate departure from the Vikes too. I will conceed that could be viewed the same..... The difference to me is that DCs problems came after his play contributions and after the serious Knee injury. He gave 100 percent up until that time.....

=Z=

Touche! LOL..

Cheers!

seaniemck7
11-15-2007, 04:12 PM
"Frostbite" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Frostbite" wrote:

"Storm" wrote:

=Z=

Touche! LOL..

Cheers!

LOL, Z.

Frosty, I think you read to many press clippings on Moss
:P

Boyum
11-15-2007, 04:17 PM
Everyone has to know he'll have a career day.

NodakPaul
11-15-2007, 04:20 PM
"Boyum" wrote:

Who?
Culpepper?

Doubt it.
The kind of QB who can pass all day against us is one who can make quick reads and short, accurate passes.
Basically the anti-culpepper.

Zeus
11-15-2007, 04:26 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"Boyum" wrote:

Who?
Culpepper?

Doubt it.
The kind of QB who can pass all day against us is one who can make quick reads and short, accurate passes.
Basically the anti-culpepper.

One each FF for Udeze, Robison and Edwards, plus EJ.

=Z=

NordicNed
11-15-2007, 04:38 PM
Culpepper is only going to prove " He is who we thought he was"

A pro bowl caliber QB, that is really CRAP.....

singersp
11-15-2007, 07:33 PM
"Storm" wrote:

That is not accurate. Culpepper wanted off this team & orchestrated his way out. Moss did not want to leave the team, but his antics, his disruptive locker room behavior & even his on field behavior is what prompted his trade fom the team. He was traded, he did not leave.

People can believe all they want that Culpepper was the primary reason Moss is gone but I don't believe it one damn bit. Yes he did make that comment at the pro bowl, but other teammates such as Matt Birk also spoke negatively about his disruptiveness in the locker room which was not good for team morale.

It's Moss' behavior that got him traded. Moss is responsible for that, no one else. There is a reason those players spoke out. Seriously, does anyone actually believe those teammates lied & McCombs acted soley on the words of those players?

Even with all that, McCombs should have never traded Moss since the team was being sold as the deal went down.

singersp
11-15-2007, 08:15 PM
"VikingMike" wrote:

"Jeremy" wrote:

Facts:

People will still say that the departure of Moss was the biggest reason we lost all those games in 2005. I do agree, Moss was a huge loss for that year and certainly contributed to it. What some people fail to remember is how bad the offensive line was in 2005.

In 2005 we were without both David Dixon who was a great lineman in 2004. Also gone was Matt Birk who missed the season due to injury. There were a lot of bad snaps in those games with Withrow, Fowler & I believe even Goldberg being rotated around at the center position.

The starting line-up for the O-Line was changed on a weekly basis & if I recall correctly, didn't settle down until after mid-season. They tried Herrera, Fonoti & Goldberg in there, none of which could fill Dixon's shoes.

Schutz
11-15-2007, 08:22 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"Storm" wrote:

That is not accurate. Culpepper wanted off this team & orchestrated his way out. Moss did not want to leave the team, but his antics, his disruptive locker room behavior & even his on field behavior is what prompted his trade fom the team. He was traded, he did not leave.

People can believe all they want that Culpepper was the primary reason Moss is gone but I don't believe it one gol 'darnit bit. Yes he did make that comment at the pro bowl, but other teammates such as Matt Birk also spoke negatively about his disruptiveness in the locker room which was not good for team morale.

It's Moss' behavior that got him traded. Moss is responsible for that, no one else. There is a reason those players spoke out. Seriously, does anyone actually believe those teammates lied & McCombs acted soley on the words of those players?

Even with all that, McCombs should have never traded Moss since the team was being sold as the deal went down.

Actually I heard Mcombs was actually in constant contact with Joe Buck, that's why we traded moss.
;D

singersp
11-15-2007, 08:34 PM
"Schutz" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Storm" wrote:

People can believe all they want that Culpepper was the primary reason Moss is gone but I don't believe it one gol 'darnit bit. Yes he did make that comment at the pro bowl, but other teammates such as Matt Birk also spoke negatively about his disruptiveness in the locker room which was not good for team morale.

Actually I heard Mcombs was actually in constant contact with Joe Buck, that's why we traded moss.
;D

Fuck Joe Buck!

FuadFan
11-15-2007, 08:35 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"VikingMike" wrote:

"Jeremy" wrote:

Facts:

People will still say that the departure of Moss was the biggest reason we lost all those games in 2005. I do agree, Moss was a huge loss for that year and certainly contributed to it. What some people fail to remember is how bad the offensive line was in 2005.

In 2005 we were without both David Dixon who was a great lineman in 2004. Also gone was Matt Birk who missed the season due to injury. There were a lot of bad snaps in those games with Withrow, Fowler & I believe even Goldberg being rotated around at the center position.

The starting line-up for the O-Line was changed on a weekly basis & if I recall correctly, didn't settle down until after mid-season. They tried Herrera, Fonoti & Goldberg in there, none of which could fill Dixon's shoes.

Actually as I remember it was both guard spots in flux. Marcus Johnson started the first four games at RG and Goldberg finished the rest of the season there while at LG Liwienski started the first half of the season then Herrera finished the year after a two quarter stint of Fonoti.

singersp
11-15-2007, 08:47 PM
"FuadFan" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"VikingMike" wrote:

"Jeremy" wrote:

Facts:

Actually as I remember it was both guard spots in flux. Marcus Johnson started the first four games at RG and Goldberg finished the rest of the season there while at LG Liwienski started the first half of the season then Herrera finished the year after a two quarter stint of Fonoti.

I recall Goldberg getting some time at Center. Fowler was traded during that year. Johnson did see playing time in there as well. It was jostled around so much, it's tough to keep it straight.

VikingMike
11-15-2007, 08:58 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"Schutz" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Storm" wrote:

;D

Fuck Joe Buck!

Yeah, that mealy-mouthed piece of camel dung.
;D

VikingMike
11-15-2007, 09:04 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"VikingMike" wrote:

"Jeremy" wrote:

Facts:

Agreed the O line was like a sieve, and I do remember a lot of chaos, especially at center like you mentioned...but I still believe losing Moss was the single most important factor in exposing Culpepper.

singersp
11-15-2007, 09:16 PM
"VikingMike" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"VikingMike" wrote:

"Jeremy" wrote:

Facts:

Agreed the O line was like a sieve, and I do remember a lot of chaos, especially at center like you mentioned...but I still believe losing Moss was the single most important factor in exposing Culpepper.

It's been said many times, give a QB enough time in the pocket & he'll do great things for you. Our O-Line began declining ever since the day Stringer died & hasn't been the same since.

Frostbite
11-15-2007, 11:07 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"VikingMike" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"VikingMike" wrote:

"Jeremy" wrote:

Facts:

It's been said many times, give a QB enough time in the pocket & he'll do great things for you. Our O-Line began declining ever since the day Stringer died & hasn't been the same since.

Amen singersp.

Cheers!

Schutz
11-15-2007, 11:29 PM
"Frostbite" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"VikingMike" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"VikingMike" wrote:

Facts:

Amen singersp.

Cheers!

Who was our running back that season, I forget.
Was it Bennet still or was that the by committee season.
But either way I don't think we had a good running production from the backfield that season piled on to the fact that we lost moss and had no O line.

Ltrey33
11-15-2007, 11:51 PM
"Schutz" wrote:

"Frostbite" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"VikingMike" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

Facts:

Amen singersp.

Cheers!

Who was our running back that season, I forget.
Was it Bennet still or was that the by committee season.
But either way I don't think we had a good running production from the backfield that season piled on to the fact that we lost moss and had no O line.

The Whizzinator was suspended at that point, so Michael Bennett carried part of the load and that was the year Moore saw a lot of carries.

The best line we ever had was back in our championship run of '98. Jeff Christy, Randall McDaniel, Korey Stringer, Dave Dixon....that was a great group of guys. Then Christy and McDaniel went to the Bucs, Stringer passed away and Dixon retired. We lost some great players and a very cohesive unit in the span of about 2-3 years. Singer is right about the impact of Stringer's death too....that was a sad day.

Marrdro
11-16-2007, 09:56 AM
"singersp" wrote:

Now that is a great post my friend.

Zeus
11-16-2007, 10:33 AM
"Ltrey" wrote:

The best line we ever had was back in our championship run of '98. Jeff Christy, Randall McDaniel, Korey Stringer, Dave Dixon....that was a great group of guys.

*cough*

The lines of the 70s, anchored by Hall-of-Famer Ron Yary, should be Hall-of-Famer Mick Tinglehoff and Prophet's favorite player, Ed White, would object to that characterization.

=Z=

ejmat
11-16-2007, 02:41 PM
"VikingMike" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"VikingMike" wrote:

"Jeremy" wrote:

Facts:

You are correct.
It was NO.

No, Atlanta scored TDs on their 1st 2 drives, Dunn ran for 126 yds and we didn't score a TD until 5:24 left in the game.

COJOMAY
11-16-2007, 03:33 PM
JaMarcus Russell Could see action Sunday!
http://www.ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/
There is growing speculation that JaMarcus Russell could see his first action Sunday in Minnesota, but no hard evidence that the rookie will at some point give starter Daunte Culpepper a break in the Metrdome against the Vikings.

Frostbite
11-16-2007, 04:40 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

]JaMarcus Russell Could see action Sunday![/b]http://www.ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/
There is growing speculation that JaMarcus Russell could see his first action Sunday in Minnesota, but no hard evidence that the rookie will at some point give starter Daunte Culpepper a break in the Metrdome against the Vikings.

Oakland Tribune says JaMarcus Russell is expected to play on Sunday along with Culpepper???? So looks like Raiders are trying to disguise who the starter will be until game time.???

If I was the Raiders Head Coach I would start D.C. but It would be fun to pit JaMarcus against T.Jack and see which one has a better game??

I think we win this game at home 21-17....and Chester Taylor has a great game. JMHO.

Cheers!

Purple Floyd
11-16-2007, 05:10 PM
It makes sense for the Raiders to play up the Culpepper angle to bring in interest, but with the Vikings being one of the worst pass defenses in the league.if there is going to be a game this year to bring in the rookie, this is going to be the one. I can certainly see them bringing him in if either Culpepper struggles or in the second half.

RK.
11-16-2007, 05:30 PM
They are already planning on CP throwing a couple int's and a fumble so they can pull him.
;D

Sucks to be Culpepper.

singersp
11-17-2007, 07:25 AM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

JaMarcus Russell Could see action Sunday!
http://www.ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/

Consider that speculation out the window.................

Oakland Raiders coach Lane Kiffin picks Andrew Walter, not JaMarcus Russell, as backup QB against Minnesota Vikings (http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_7487541?nclick_check=1)

BY DON SEEHOLZER
Pioneer Press
Article Last Updated: 11/17/2007 12:34:02 AM CST

Oakland Raiders coach Lane Kiffin announced Friday that Andrew Walter, not No. 1 draft choice JaMarcus Russell, would be the No. 2 quarterback behind Daunte Culpepper for Sunday's game against the Vikings.....

Ltrey33
11-17-2007, 11:42 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"Ltrey" wrote:

The best line we ever had was back in our championship run of '98. Jeff Christy, Randall McDaniel, Korey Stringer, Dave Dixon....that was a great group of guys.

*cough*

The lines of the 70s, anchored by Hall-of-Famer Ron Yary, should be Hall-of-Famer Mick Tinglehoff and Prophet's favorite player, Ed White, would object to that characterization.

=Z=

Sorry...should have clarified and said within my lifetime.

BigMoInAZ
11-18-2007, 01:57 AM
TY COJOMAY,
Great article!

Best of luck manyana DC!
Try and take it easy on our pathetic pass defense and may your knee hold up against the blitzing defense the Vikings will send your way.

UNLIKE THEIR PATHETIC PERFORMANCE OF LAST WEEK, MAYBE THIS WEEK OUR DEFENSE WILL ACTUALLY SHOW UP TO PLAY!

SKOL Vikings!!!!!

Jeremy
11-18-2007, 09:41 AM
Get your roll on!

2beersTommy
11-18-2007, 10:16 AM
WHO? that name doesnt sound familiar

Potus2028
11-19-2007, 04:34 PM
Well, at least pep couldnt stop scoring points for the vikes..

by way of his intentional grounding safety!

Thanks CPep

ejmat
11-19-2007, 09:43 PM
"Potus2028" wrote:

Thanks CPep

Not to mention his usual turnovers.

Marrdro
11-20-2007, 11:53 AM
"ejmat" wrote:

"Potus2028" wrote:

Thanks CPep

;D
;D
;D
;D
;D
;D
It still amazes me that he had so many ardent supporters (one only needs to browse a few pages of this very thread) and yet no one comes to his defense today.

So sad my friends.
;D (JK, I'm laughing my ass off over this one) ;D

jmcdon00
11-20-2007, 12:32 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"Potus2028" wrote:

Thanks CPep

;D
;D
;D
;D
;D
;D
It still amazes me that he had so many ardent supporters (one only needs to browse a few pages of this very thread) and yet no one comes to his defense today.

So sad my friends.

;D (JK, I'm laughing my ass off over this one) ;D

I'll come to Pep's defense.
The guy is an amazing talent, unforturnetly because of his efforts in trying to get the vikings to a super bowl he suffered an injury that in just about every other scenario is career ending. Defying the odds Peppa made an amazing recovery and keeps trying. He is not the same QB as he was before the injury and likely never will be, but it is not because of lack of effort or heart on his part.

I think all true vikings fans are indebted to Culpepper for giving the vikings many wins and many many TD's. When fans turn on former players what does that tell the current players? When AD gets injured and released will everyone start rooting against him and laughing because he gave his best years to a team that could never win it all? I hope not, but based on the current fan support for former players like Moss and Culpepper that is exactly what will happen.

NodakPaul
11-20-2007, 12:37 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"Potus2028" wrote:

Thanks CPep

;D
;D
;D
;D
;D
;D

So sad my friends.
;D (JK, I'm laughing my jiggly butt off over this one) ;D

The guy is an amazing talent, unforturnetly because of his efforts in trying to get the vikings to a super bowl he suffered an injury that in just about every other scenario is career ending. Defying the odds Peppa made an amazing recovery and keeps trying. He is not the same QB as he was before the injury and likely never will be, but it is not because of lack of effort or heart on his part.

I think all true vikings fans are indebted to Culpepper for giving the vikings many wins and many many TD's. When fans turn on former players what does that tell the current players? When AD gets injured and released will everyone start rooting against him and laughing because he gave his best years to a team that could never win it all? I hope not, but based on the current fan support for former players like Moss and Culpepper that is exactly what will happen.

First, I believe that we will win it all with AD on the team.
Second, what the hell do you mean when AD gets injured and released?
Third, it isn't the fact that he is no longer on the team.
It is the way he left the team.
Culpepper burned all of his bridges on the way out, and the Vikings fans owe him absolutely nothing.
Fourth, if you can't see the difference in attitude between AD and Culpepper or Moss, then there is nothing I can do or say to help open your eyes.

NodakPaul
11-20-2007, 12:45 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

And one more little tidbit.
When DC was with the Vikings, he started 80 games.
In those 80 games he averaged 252 yards, 1.68 TDs, 1 INT, and 1 Fumble per game.

Against the Vikes on Sunday, DC had 344 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, and 3 fumbles.
Sounds like he is still pretty much the same Culpepper to me.

Marrdro
11-20-2007, 12:45 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"Potus2028" wrote:

Thanks CPep

;D
;D
;D
;D
;D
;D

So sad my friends.

How many times have you seen me get on a player (current or former for that matter)?
In fact probably never.

I will however, get in ones ass if he turned on me or the team first.
In this case, he has no reason to be defended.
Most, if not all of our problems to date, related to our QB woes, are a direct result of his selfishness and lack of professionalism.

Very interesting how the Chiller sought him out on the field last Sunday, in much the same manner he did with Lord Favreeeee, to finally get to shake Culpeppers hand for the first time.

Wonder what things would have been like if Pepp would have made the trip to MN to meet the coach, get his playbook, do a bit of film study, hell just talk football with the new HC instead of hunkering down in his little strip mall workout shop in FL?

To bad Pepps need/greed and desire to be somewere else prohibited that from being done and eliminated the possiblility of many handshakes over the last two years.

Very sad indeed.

jessejames09
11-20-2007, 12:52 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"Potus2028" wrote:

Thanks CPep

;D
;D
;D
;D
;D
;D

So sad my friends.

How many times have you seen me get on a player (current or former for that matter)?
In fact probably never.

Most, if not all of our problems to date, related to our QB woes, are a direct result of his selfishness and lack of professionalism.

Very interesting how the Chiller sought him out on the field last Sunday, in much the same manner he did with Lord Favreeeee, to finally get to shake Culpeppers hand for the first time.

Wonder what things would have been like if Pepp would have made the trip to MN to meet the coach, get his playbook, do a bit of film study, hell just talk football with the new HC instead of hunkering down in his little strip mall workout shop in FL?

To bad Pepps need/greed and desire to be somewere else prohibited that from being done and eliminated the possiblility of many handshakes over the last two years.

Very sad indeed.

Good post Marrdro. DC deserves to rot in Oakland.

C Mac D
11-20-2007, 01:03 PM
Culpepper is a one of the biggest jokes in the NFL now. I don't even see why he has a thread on this pristine site.

Marrdro
11-20-2007, 01:11 PM
"C" wrote:

Culpepper is a one of the biggest jokes in the NFL now. I don't even see why he has a thread on this pristine site.

Such a waste of talent as well. I really believe that 2004 wasn't a fluke and that given the right system
(i.e a great running game, good offensive line, Correct scheme,) Daunte could still be a very effective (not great) QB.

I still wonder what could have been with Rodgers coaching/working with him.
Again, very sad indeed when greed takes over ones better sense (i.e. common).

Zeus
11-20-2007, 01:25 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"C" wrote:

Such a waste of talent as well. I really believe that 2004 wasn't a fluke and that given the right system
(i.e a great running game, good offensive line, Correct scheme,) Daunte could still be a very effective (not great) QB.

Ummmm....you left out "dominant superfreak wide receiver".

=Z=

Marrdro
11-20-2007, 01:29 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"C" wrote:

Ummmm....you left out "dominant superfreak wide receiver".

=Z=

On purpose....... ;D
He's on the team, just isn't quite a household name yet.
Goes by the name of El Sid.
;D

bleedpurple
11-20-2007, 02:31 PM
pepp, was a decent QB in Minny... my problem with him was if we were down in the 4th quarter, we couldn't count on him to consistently bring us back for a victory.

However, he is the best deep ball thrower in the game.. you see that pass to curry.. put it right between two people.. and he did it many many times to Moss in the back of the endzone with inches to spare...

but eff that guy, he fumbles too much and held onto the ball entirely too long... and he thinks he's better than he is...i.e. asking for more money after that sorry excuse for a season and "after" getting hurt...

jmcdon00
11-20-2007, 02:47 PM
"jessejames09" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

Thanks CPep

;D
;D
;D
;D
;D
;D

So sad my friends.

In fact probably never.

Very sad indeed.

DC gave his heart to this team. I think the Vikings made a decision that after the injury he could no longer be a franchise QB for the Vikings. That is debateble. His leaving MN was a business decision made by the team and him. What is not debatable is that Culpepper did everything in his power to get MN to the superbowl, in doing so he suffered a knee injury that he will have to deal with for the rest of his life. He was a big part of the vikings success for many years. He is a good person and has overcome alot in his life on and off the field, and for that he will always have my respect.

Marrdro
11-20-2007, 02:58 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

"jessejames09" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Thanks CPep

;D
;D
;D
;D
;D
;D

So sad my friends.

In fact probably never.

I will however, get in ones jiggly butt if he turned on me or the team first.

Very sad indeed.

DC gave his heart to this team. I think the Vikings made a decision that after the injury he could no longer be a franchise QB for the Vikings. That is debateble. His leaving MN was a business decision made by the team and him. What is not debatable is that Culpepper did everything in his power to get MN to the superbowl, in doing so he suffered a knee injury that he will have to deal with for the rest of his life. He was a big part of the vikings success for many years. He is a good person and has overcome alot in his life on and off the field, and for that he will always have my respect.

I will agree with most of that, however, he forced that business decision by doing the following:

a.
Refused to rehab in MN preferring to be with his wife.
I can understand some of that, however, a major injury that will/could ruin your future, you would think he would have made a smarter decision, ruled the roost, made the wife move for a few months and do it right.
End result, as you said, he will struggle with knee issues the rest of his life and probably more so because of the way he messed up rehabbing.

b.
Wouldn't even take time to come to MN to meet the new HC. Total lack of respect and character issues if you ask me.
Throw that in with the fact that he was part of the whole "Love boat deal" and you now have two character strikes against you in the eyes of the HC, the Owner and the rest of the staff which has shown the trend of retaining/wanting only high character guys.
Very unproffesional on his part IMHO and probably the deciding factor he was shipped off to never never land.

c.
To silly to understand that in this day and age of contracts, he can't negotiate one himself.
Why in the heck would anybody with half a clue negotiate with a team without a reputable agent representing him?
Probably because the ones he talked to told him his endevours were fruitless at this point.

Reading between the lines here but they probably recommend that he go to MN, meet the coach, Rehab and if able, play the year and renegotiate the following year.
Again, all speculation on my part but tracks with some of the news articles I read during that time frame.

d.
Took it outside the halls of Winter Park.
Again, a very unproffesional act on his part.
When it all started to come apart and the Vikes called his bluff and started the proceedings to shitcan his ass, he started crying to the public via emails to the press and on his website.
If the love boat deal and the lack of respect paid to the HC wasn't enough then this was the final straw.

Sure, he probably did play his heart out and do everything in his power up to a point.
For that I respect him.
At the point he quick doing everything and started focusing only on himself is were the respect stops.

Again, very sad that the first time he shakes Coach Chilldress's hand is last Sunday and who initiated the handshake speaks volumes in my mind for the pride and proffessionalism the current Daunte Culpepper has.