PDA

View Full Version : The Vikes will get revenge to the Eagles in the playoffs

hovanfan
12-02-2004, 10:43 AM
:angryfire: Looks like the Eagles will be in the playoffs trying to get past the championship game to the superbowl for the 5th straight year, but the Vikes will beat them this year.

vikefan in WI
12-02-2004, 11:30 AM
I agree, the eagles really didn't beat us, we managed to beat ourselves.

Vikestand
12-02-2004, 11:35 AM
Third that thought...

Caine
12-02-2004, 11:58 AM
A few thoughts:

I agree that we beat ourselves in Philly. That game was a heartbreaker as it exposed the fact that our guys weren't yet playing to their potential. Aside from the New York game, it was the single worst game of the season for us.

Can we beat Philly? I absolutely think we can...the question is, will we get the opportunity to? Assuming Philly isn't knocked off early this year, will our team pull together and show on the field what they show on paper?

Do they have the HEART?

I would like to say, "Yes, they really do", but I haven't seen it consistantly this year. At times it comes shining through...but it's almost as if this team doubts itself. I hope we can "turn the corner" and find the confidence to not only win, but dominate.

Of course, there are other teams out there who have the same issue. One noteable team - as much as I hate to admit it - is Green Bay. They DO have heart...they DO have confidence. They BELIEVE they can win. So, in spite of a horrible secondary and an "above average but not spectacular" receiver corps...they do win.

That to me is the difference between our teams. We have the superior team in questions of ability and potential...they have more heart as a whole.

If our guys can find their heart...confidence...soul...whatever you want to call it, no one - and I mean NO ONE - can stop us from finally taking home the big prize. The question is, will they?

I certainly hope they do. They started in Jacksonville...let's see if they build off of that.

Caine

purplehorn
12-02-2004, 12:10 PM
"Caine" wrote:

So, in spite of a horrible secondary
Caine

I believe our "horrible secondary" has made the game winning plays
2 weeks in a row. So I'll take it. :roll:

purplehorn
12-02-2004, 12:12 PM
"vikefan in WI" wrote:

actually it was the officials. Was I the only one who so the no
TD by B.O.??

out

vikefan in WI
12-02-2004, 12:19 PM
purplehorn,
I too will take a win, and the secondary has helped us but I would rather see a secondary that gets consistantly rated as good then as
1. good
2. ok
3. bad
4. bad
5. marginal
6. good
etc...

if we can score early and often, other teams will have to give up on the run and the play action fakes won't be as effective and d-backs can be a little more aggressive.

vikefan in WI
12-02-2004, 12:22 PM
in regards to the officiating...Tice needs to learn when to challange and when not to. 2nd and goal from the 1 yard line = challange, TO being OB for that TD catch = no challange.

cheesefree
12-02-2004, 12:35 PM
"purplehorn" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:

Caine

I believe Caine was referring to the Packers horrible secondary.

purplehorn
12-02-2004, 12:53 PM
"cheesefree" wrote:

Ah :study:

Caine
12-02-2004, 01:16 PM
"cheesefree" wrote:

"purplehorn" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:

Caine

Yes indeed I was. The Packer secondary is their achilles heel. Harris is an "OK" DB, and Sharper is ageing. While they will improve with time, right now that is where they can be exploited.

Our secondary is more skilled, but suffered in the past from poor play by our front 7 (Hovan ineffective and Linebackers not locking down their lanes). Hopefully the changes in the front 4 will translate to better all around play by the "D".

Caine

Freya
12-02-2004, 01:25 PM
"purplehorn" wrote:

"vikefan in WI" wrote:

actually it was the officials. Was I the only one who so the no
TD by B.O.??

out

Naw, I saw it too. If memory serves that was the play that they delayed getting the replay up where Tice could review it and they did a 'hurry up' on the extra point. Then it became a too late too bad so sad kind of deal. An official was standing right there and still called it a TD even with clear evidence that TO lacked control of the ball.

CT Viking Man
12-02-2004, 08:12 PM
Didn't ABC concentrate so much on what TO would do for a touchdown celebration that they failed to show a replay until after the extra point kick. They were so hooked on his antics that they didn't give Tice the look he needed.

CT Viking Man
12-02-2004, 08:14 PM
If the Vikes win the division and stay ahead the NFC West winner, and the Eagles are the top seed in the conference, I don't believe the Vikings would play the Eagles until the NFC championship game. It would be really sweet to be the ones who deny them the Super Bowl for the 4th time straight.

cajunvike
12-02-2004, 08:17 PM
"CT Viking Man" wrote:

If the Vikes win the division and stay ahead the NFC West winner, and the Eagles are the top seed in the conference, I don't believe the Vikings would play the Eagles until the NFC championship game. It would be really sweet to be the ones who deny them the Super Bowl for the 4th time straight.

Only one thing would make me happier...football-wise that is!!! :cheers:

owensforpres
12-02-2004, 11:14 PM
hey i don't have bo lol and yes that wasn't a td

84>TO
12-03-2004, 11:01 AM
I know that the TD scored by TO was bogus, but the Eagles were raping our defence that night anyway...Let's just beat them next time...

owensforpres
12-03-2004, 11:04 AM
yeah in the nfc championship

DemonicViking
12-03-2004, 11:51 AM
We moved the ball on them pretty well too, take away Owens' Td and the penalties and turnovers we would have won.

VKG4LFE
12-03-2004, 12:36 PM
And take away the fact that they scored more! Who cares, we played S*itty and they took advantage of it! If we play them in the playoffs hopefully the outcome will be the other way around!

DemonicViking
12-03-2004, 10:09 PM
Yes it was crappy, considering we were penetrating the red zone many times and had to settle for 3 FG's and only came away with one TD. Take away the Culpepper fumble at the goaline on one occasion in the first half and the penalty that nullified a Culpepper TD run in the second.. overturn the Owens TD and we would be 8-3, in first place now.