PDA

View Full Version : Game Plan Against Raiders?

Frostbite
11-12-2007, 04:11 PM
This is a game we should have a reasonable chance of winning with the right game plan....even with A.P. out. I will be very interested to see what play calls are made and what areas of the Raider defense we will go after most. I wonder if Rice will be back for this game?

I hope the team will be better prepared and motivated this week. I hope they have not quit playing hard yet. I hope to see some positives and a win Sunday.

Cheers!

TeamSoftware
11-12-2007, 04:18 PM
If the coaching staff has anything to do with it, they will take what worked in the past and ignore it, and take what did not work and implement it.

Maybe they are trying to practice in a game situation those things that do not work but they feel should.

I know, I am still bitter after yesterday with the high hopes I had after beating the Chargers and almost beating the Packers the first time.

bleedpurple
11-12-2007, 04:36 PM
whatever it is.. it won't involve AP run right, run left... he's out for the game it looks like..

ultravikingfan
11-12-2007, 04:42 PM
Well Mr. Topic Starter, what's the game plan?

Big C
11-12-2007, 04:46 PM
1. blitz.
2. Blitz!
3. BLITZ!!!
4. Utilize Bollinger a little better. We can afford to open up the play book. Try passing on 1st and 2nd down a little more and get the QB in some rhythm. We almost always tend to run on 1st and 2nd down and put all the pressure on the QB to make the crucial 3rd down completion. Give the QBs some easy completions to get in to the game.
5. Have Allison return kicks.

vikesfargo
11-12-2007, 04:46 PM
AP LEFT RIDER STRUT 46

AP WING RIGHT DELTA JUMBO SMACKER 55

BOOM BOOM MACARONI ALAKAZAM 30

HOWITZER LIGHTNING OSPREY 12 STACK

HUT-HUT......HUT.....HUT!!!

COJOMAY
11-12-2007, 04:53 PM
I haven't watched enough of the Radiers this year to know where they are weak. But I'm guessing it's at the QB position so rush the heck out of the passer just like we did against the Chargers.

marstc09
11-12-2007, 05:02 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

I haven't watched enough of the Radiers this year to know where they are weak. But I'm guessing it's at the QB position so rush the heck out of the passer just like we did against the Chargers.

They are at the bottom of the league in passing (29th) and at the top for rushing (5th).

They are at the top of the league for defending the pass (4th) and at the bottom of the league for defending the run (29th).

We need to run a lot and blitz.

BloodyHorns82
11-12-2007, 05:30 PM
Who is the starting QB for the Raiders for next week?
What happened to Culpepper?

My main hope for this week's game is to scrape up whatever dignity that is left off of the lamblow turf, and try to redeem against the Raiders.

El Vikingo
11-12-2007, 06:30 PM
Do all
the contrary that we did yesterday

C Mac D
11-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Let a 4th grade class call the plays.

Nightgaunt
11-12-2007, 06:36 PM
Go and loose so we get a better draft pick to give the Browns for Anderson, then trade CT to Cinn for Chad....

DeathtoDenny
11-12-2007, 06:49 PM
What does the gameplan matter? If you're not going to the game or in Oakland, you ain't seein' this game. IT'S BLACKED OUT!

HornedHat
11-12-2007, 06:51 PM
Just win, Baby! I don't wanna lose to the Raiders. They won't be drafting a QB in front of us anyway. The Falcons will. Probably the Rams. Not the Dolphins. I want to kick the Raiders butts (sigh), but without AD, I'll take a squeeker.

tb04512
11-12-2007, 07:05 PM
4 wide no TE and chester and memo alternating

HornedHat
11-12-2007, 07:30 PM
The game plan shouldn't be too difficult. Stop the run, make em throw on D. Run, Run, Run on the O, cause we can't pass. Still, we should TRY some play action intermediate routes.

vikes2456
11-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Minimize dickless's involvement as much as possible and we just may win

C Mac D
11-12-2007, 08:08 PM
"vikes2456" wrote:

YOU ARE ONE OF THE ENLIGHTENED ONES!!!!!

So, I'm currently planning the "Childress Was Fired National Holiday"... please let me know your drink of choice at your earliest possible convenience... It will be a party for the ages...

Frostbite
11-12-2007, 08:34 PM
Well ...I see a lot of the Raiders out here in N. CA. The paper here says JaMarcus Russell will replace Josh Mc Cown this week. Mc Cown has been struggling a lot.

At running back they have Justin Fargas....who seems to be trying to make his presence known. The run D needs to show up this week and shut him down.

I'd like to see us get some pressure on the QB this game.....Might get some TOs.

Offensively I see us using Chester Taylor a lot....but I'm hoping we get some down field throws from Bollinger this game? Some play action would be nice for a change.

I just hope our team shows up ready to play after this past GB embarrassment.

Cheers!

vikes2456
11-12-2007, 08:58 PM
"C" wrote:

"vikes2456" wrote:

So, I'm currently planning the "Childress Was Fired National Holiday"... please let me know your drink of choice at your earliest possible convenience... It will be a party for the ages...

40s of old e ;)

The Dropper
11-12-2007, 09:26 PM
"C" wrote:

"vikes2456" wrote:

I'll take a tepid glass of skim milk.

Oh, wait, this isn't a fire Childress thread? Oops! Right, the Raiders game. Strategy should be pretty simple: Shut down the run like we've been doing for the last two years (last Sunday excluded) and run the ball often. Create short, easy passes for Brooks, stay the fuck away from penalties and stupid mistakes, and let the Raiders beat themselves (they will). OK.

DustinDupont
11-12-2007, 09:29 PM
game plan...

the game plan should be no huddle the whole game...

let Tjack call the play at the line....

and run 5 wide the whole game...

we need to see what Tjack has... haha and i dont want any run plays called, only some shovel passes so Tjack stats are good!!! ;D ;D

tb04512
11-12-2007, 09:31 PM
"DustinDupont" wrote:

game plan...

we need to see what Tjack has... haha and i dont want any run plays called, only some shovel passes so Tjack stats are good!!! ;D ;D

yeah run no huddle and give him the helmet with no green dot, so that our idiot coaches cant mess him up with their garbage play calls...not joking either

DustinDupont
11-12-2007, 09:33 PM
"tb04512" wrote:

"DustinDupont" wrote:

game plan...

yeah run no huddle and give him the helmet with no green dot, so that our idiot coaches cant mess him up with their garbage play calls...not joking either

haha that is so true

clark_griswold
11-13-2007, 01:34 AM
"tb04512" wrote:

"DustinDupont" wrote:

game plan...

sounds like a plan...lets see if we can find TJack a green sticker so he can pretend he's listening to the coaches though. I don't want him getting into trouble
;D

StillPurple
11-13-2007, 01:41 AM
I am writing this right now from the Left Coast (Cali), so I feel I have some special insight right now.
;)

- Just let them implode. Of the top 5 players in the NFL leading the league in penalties, 3 are Raider offensive linemen. Sit back and watch them destroy every drive through offensive penalties.

- Run at them. The Raiders are horrible vs. the run. Just run Chester off tackle all game.

Should work. I don't see this game being that competitive, honestly.

DustinDupont
11-13-2007, 02:27 AM
"clark_griswold" wrote:

"tb04512" wrote:

"DustinDupont" wrote:

game plan...

sounds like a plan...lets see if we can find TJack a green sticker so he can pretend he's listening to the coaches though. I don't want him getting into trouble
;D

ok thats a deal! ;D

El Vikingo
11-13-2007, 03:08 AM
I just hope it won´t be a blackout,I payed 155 € to see the Vikes games in NFL Yahoo...

digital420
11-13-2007, 03:42 AM
"El" wrote:

I just hope it won´t be a blackout,I payed 155 € to see the Vikes games in NFL Yahoo...

i don't think the yahoo is subject to the black out. it's considered outside the local area broadcast.

unless you put your location in the twin cities.

DiGiTAL

Caine
11-13-2007, 04:51 AM
These elements
- in no particular order - are key to this game:

1:
Tackle the friggin ball carrier!!!!!
The "D" looked as bad as the "O" yesterday...I thought the Dolphins had stolen our uniforms...

2:
Complete some passes...preferably past the line of scrimmage.
This dump-n-pray crud is obviously not working.

3:
Hand the play book to a random fan and let THEM call the plays.
Hey, they can't be any worse than Chiller or Bevell.

4:
Tell Sharper to shut up and produce.

5:
Get Childress' house on the market so he can have it sold by December when he gets fired.

Caine

El Vikingo
11-13-2007, 05:20 AM
"Caine" wrote:

These elements

1:
The "D" looked as bad as the "O" yesterday...I thought the Dolphins had stolen our uniforms...

2:

3:

4:

5:
Get Childress' house on the market so he can have it sold by December when he gets fired.

Caine

6.Playing without QB and WRs,using another TE and CT and Memo at the same time.
7.Use the cover 2 defense properly(the cover your mouth during tha game ,cover your ass in the Press Conference is not valid anymore as Cover 2 defense,Chilly)
8.Don´t use Pat as a cover D.
9.Preferably don´t run the ball with 3 and 16.
10.And the last and most important one.During the game make Chilly run into the field totally naked then taking advantage of the situation kidnap Jamarcus Russell,dressing him with a purple uniform and putting his Raider one to Tarvaris ,sitting TJ rite after on the Oakland bench

Nightgaunt
11-13-2007, 09:01 AM
"El" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:

These elements

1:

2:

3:

4:

5:

Caine

6.Playing without QB and WRs,using another TE and CT and Memo at the same time.
7.Use the cover 2 defense properly(the cover your mouth during tha game ,cover your jiggly butt in the Press Conference is not valid anymore as Cover 2 defense,Chilly)
8.Don´t use Pat as a cover D.
9.Preferably don´t run the ball with 3 and 16.
10.And the last and most important one.During the game make Chilly run into the field totally naked then taking advantage of the situation kidnap Jamarcus Russell,dressing him with a purple uniform and putting his Raider one to Tarvaris ,sitting TJ rite after on the Oakland bench

:D :D :D ROFLMAO, o love the very last comment, #10

Marrdro
11-13-2007, 09:19 AM
As with the SD game, Oakland has some issues that we didn't see against GB.

As a reminder, SD had a QB that could/would get rattled under the least amount of pressure, plus a C who struggled with recognizing our blitzing scheme.
Those two things combined resulted in a better performance by our D, allowing our Offense to get the ball more.

The Raiders are also struggling on offense, dealing with much the same QB issues and WR issues we are dealing with.
They have a RB that can run the ball, but seems to struggle behind the OL.

I look for us to continue with the 3-4 experiment during this game but with a heavier emphasis back on the 4-3 D as it seems we can make teams a bit more one dimensional (take a way the run) when we employ that.

Because our D will shut the Raiders down on a continual basis I look to see the Vikes try to even out our Pass to Run ratio without AD in the game.

Should be a fun game for all the frustrated Vikes fans to watch.

PurpleTide
11-13-2007, 09:20 AM
"Just Win Baby" is my gameplan for the Vikes against the Raida's.

Big C
11-13-2007, 10:37 AM
1. BLITZ.
2. More passes on 1st and 2nd down. We need to get our QBs in some rhythm early on. More often than not, the first passing play the QB gets is 3rd and long.

Storm
11-13-2007, 12:11 PM
Here's coach Childress, in process of devising a game plan against Raiders.

http://www.markterrybooks.com/uploaded_images/monkeys_ernestcline-730414.jpg

El Vikingo
11-13-2007, 12:24 PM
"Storm" wrote:

He is not Childress ,He hasn´t moustache

MetalMike-LoudVike
11-13-2007, 12:35 PM
Hers a thought Maybe they should actually show up and play some ball I know something like concept could be forseen as Bold & Daring.

Marrdro
11-13-2007, 12:44 PM
"El" wrote:

"Storm" wrote:

He is not Childress ,He hasn´t moustache

A picture that was taken pre-puberty.
:o
;D

V4L
11-13-2007, 01:30 PM
I just don't even know if we can beat the Raiders.. Yah the effin Raiders

AP had like all of our touchdowns.. Maybe CT can bust out a few big ones though im not sure

marstc09
11-13-2007, 02:01 PM
"V4L" wrote:

I just don't even know if we can beat the Raiders.. Yah the effin Raiders

AP had like all of our touchdowns.. Maybe CT can bust out a few big ones though im not sure

Should be interesting to see JaMarcus Russel start, if he does.

marstc09
11-13-2007, 02:02 PM
"Storm" wrote:

The Chimp is smarter!

jessejames09
11-13-2007, 02:14 PM
If TJ is back let him throw 30 times. We might not win but let's see TJ play this season. We have had ZERO passing attack since Childress burst onto the scene. Lets see how we could do in a real throw first WCO.

If anything see how TJ can do as a QB. Not being a hand-off machine.

I don't want to sound like a dummy but in the preseason it seemed like the coaches finally 'got' how to call plays so you're not a predictable shit. They would even call a passing play on 1st down occasionally(Blasphemy!)

Now it seems like they want to make the perfect move every play so they don't get criticized.
Because they know they will only get 30 offensive plays all game.

NeoVikesTX
11-13-2007, 04:16 PM
"Storm" wrote:

I like this pic of Chilly calling plays better:
http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~stephen/science_museum/dummy_head.jpg

Bkfldviking
11-13-2007, 04:54 PM
I don't claim to be any type of game plan guru, however, would someone please tell our CBs and LBs it is within the rules to bump a receiver at the line.
Last week we were constantly seven to ten yards off for cushion, which is GBs strength!
No wonder Favre was having such a good time. Who wouldn't?
If I could pick up five yards every play with a three step drop I would consider it "early Christmas"!!!

Vikes_King
11-13-2007, 04:55 PM
i say we come out and EVERY single play should be a fake punt, pass to Shiancoe.

Kluwe for MVP!!!

Vikefanman2000
11-13-2007, 05:26 PM
The radio stations in NoCal are saying that Kiffen is leaning toward Fumblepepper to get the start.
Regardless of Pep or Russell....the game plan should be the same.....Blitz, hands up, and hands swatting at the ball....
The Vikes should be able to produce fumbles.

The RaiDuhs running game has been productive this year, however, the Vikes should be able to shut Fargus down....he is a 6th or 7th year special teamer getting the start because of injuries.
He has heart, but the Williams boys eat innards for dinner!

The RaiDuhs have active linebackers who take advantage of throwing mistakes.
There is no need to throw against this team....they cannot stop the run.
MEMO and Taylor will be able to run all day against this team....The plan is simple enough for even Childress....question is...will he mess it up?

We just need to get our three headed monster (Tarvollingcomb) to hand the ball off.
Just take the snap and hand the ball off....snap, hand off, snap hand off.....got it?
Put in a fullback to lead block and the best blocking two receivers to line up on the strongside.
No secrets men....just ram it down their throats and dare them to make a stand!
BLACK AND BLUE BABY!

NordicNed
11-13-2007, 05:44 PM
"Vikefanman2000" wrote:

The radio stations in NoCal are saying that Kiffen is leaning toward Fumblepepper to get the start.
Regardless of Pep or Russell....the game plan should be the same.....Blitz, hands up, and hands swatting at the ball....
The Vikes should be able to produce fumbles.

The RaiDuhs running game has been productive this year, however, the Vikes should be able to shut Fargus down....he is a 6th or 7th year special teamer getting the start because of injuries.
He has heart, but the Williams boys eat innards for dinner!

The RaiDuhs have active linebackers who take advantage of throwing mistakes.
There is no need to throw against this team....they cannot stop the run.
MEMO and Taylor will be able to run all day against this team....The plan is simple enough for even Childress....question is...will he mess it up?

We just need to get our three headed monster (Tarvollingcomb) to hand the ball off.
Just take the snap and hand the ball off....snap, hand off, snap hand off.....got it?
Put in a fullback to lead block and the best blocking two receivers to line up on the strongside.
No secrets men....just ram it down their throats and dare them to make a stand!
BLACK AND BLUE BABY!

Don't show up....LMAO.....we can't lose then..... ;)

Frostbite
11-13-2007, 06:04 PM
I agree with the comments that we should be able to be ready this week and play the Raiders tuff.....but I thought we would come out and play hard against GB too. If the Coaches couldn't build on the great win over SD, and motivate the players for GB, what could happen this week after the GB Debockle??

On paper...we look to be a better team than Oakland (Not By Much) so I hope we come out and play with some heart and intensity. I am wondering how the players will respond after losing A.P. to an injury and after getting thumped at lambeau.

Leadership/Heart/Character/ all getting a test in my eyes this game.

Cheers!

x-ray jeff
11-13-2007, 06:48 PM
"Frostbite" wrote:

Leadership/Heart/Character/ all getting a test in my eyes this game.

A test I hope they can pass. The Raiders pass rush looked pretty good against the Bears last week, and their LB's and DB's were playing well in run support. This is one of those games the Vikings should win, so I am kinda worried.

CCthebest
11-13-2007, 07:02 PM
Unfortunetly we need to run the ball. At least 60-40. Because since dickless took over our passing attack is amoung the worst. I think CT and Memo will wear down their D.

We gotta blitz. Alot. Cause we cant pressure otherwise. And screw the 12-15 yrd cushion our CBs give. Bump em. And hope Sharper gets hurt. Ive grown sick of him.

Vikefanman2000
11-14-2007, 02:17 AM
"CCthebest" wrote:

Unfortunetly we need to run the ball. At least 60-40. Because since dickless took over our passing attack is amoung the worst. I think CT and Memo will wear down their D.

We gotta blitz. Alot. Cause we cant pressure otherwise. And screw the 12-15 yrd cushion our CBs give. Bump em. And hope Sharper gets hurt. Ive grown sick of him.

Disappointing comment from a "Vikes fan"

jkjuggalo
11-14-2007, 03:50 AM
We should do the opposite of whatever the Raider's think we are going to do.

Big C
11-14-2007, 12:01 PM
I know our passing game sucks but we need to try it a little more often. They will just sit 8 men in the box knowing we're a run first team. Chilli is just too stubborn to change his mentality and try something different.