PDA

View Full Version : Chester Taylor can go for the Vikings this week If Peterson can't



singersp
11-12-2007, 08:05 AM
If Adrian Peterson can go for the Minnesota Vikings next week, Chester Taylor can (http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_7437301)

BY DON SEEHOLZER AND SEAN JENSEN
Pioneer Press
Article Last Updated: 11/12/2007 12:21:01 AM CST


GREEN BAY, Wis. - The Vikings crossed their collective fingers Sunday in the hope Adrian Peterson's right knee injury is nothing more serious than a sprain.

If it is, though, they expressed full confidence that Chester Taylor can keep the running game moving.......

Vikes_King
11-12-2007, 09:02 AM
got a link to the rest of the article? :P

I know we're not as good of a team with out AP on the field.. just because of the raw energy he brings to the team and the excitement he brings to the game. But as CT has shown us over the past two seasons, he's a quality STARTING back in this league.
I'm not worried about it, theres many teams that dont have one back on their roster as talented as Taylor, we're lucky enough to have three good backs that i'm confident in.

Yea thats right, i said three :P i <3 MeMo

singersp
11-12-2007, 09:17 AM
"Vikes_King" wrote:



got a link to the rest of the article? :P



Sorry about that. All fixed now.

Vikes_King
11-12-2007, 09:26 AM
"singersp" wrote:


"Vikes_King" wrote:



got a link to the rest of the article? :P



Sorry about that. All fixed now.


ty sir, thats better! don't ever let it happen again!
;D ;)

singersp
11-12-2007, 09:37 AM
"Vikes_King" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


"Vikes_King" wrote:



got a link to the rest of the article? :P



Sorry about that. All fixed now.


ty sir, thats better! don't ever let it happen again!
;D ;)


Pretty brave talk coming from someone sporting a GB sig & that avatar.
;)
:P

Vikes_King
11-12-2007, 09:46 AM
"singersp" wrote:


"Vikes_King" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


"Vikes_King" wrote:



got a link to the rest of the article? :P



Sorry about that. All fixed now.


ty sir, thats better! don't ever let it happen again!
;D ;)


Pretty brave talk coming from someone sporting a GB sig & that avatar.
;)
:P


low blow... low blow.. :(

ultravikingfan
11-12-2007, 09:52 AM
Even though AD is the guy, I feel comfortable with Chester as our back this week.
I think he may want to prove that he is worthy of being a #1 guy.
Last year CT was spectacular for us and I hope we have not forgot that this year.

PurpleTide
11-12-2007, 09:53 AM
Man I hope Adrian just suffered a bruise, and there is no structural damage. I really want him to get the rookie rushing yard record, and ROY honors. Having CT, and Memo, both whom could start in most other teams backfield is a comfort. But lets all hope that nothing serious has happened to our young superstar.

snowinapril
11-12-2007, 09:54 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


Even though AD is the guy, I feel comfortable with Chester as our back this week.
I think he may want to prove that he is worthy of being a #1 guy.
Last year CT was spectacular for us and I hope we have not forgot that this year.


True, plus this gives us the opp to shop him if we choose to do that.
I am not suggesting we do at this point.
But, at least other teams will get to see his skill set again.

Vikes_King
11-12-2007, 09:58 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:


"ultravikingfan" wrote:


Even though AD is the guy, I feel comfortable with Chester as our back this week.
I think he may want to prove that he is worthy of being a #1 guy.
Last year CT was spectacular for us and I hope we have not forgot that this year.


True, plus this gives us the opp to shop him if we choose to do that.
I am not suggesting we do at this point.
But, at least other teams will get to see his skill set again.


i really hope we dont, i think that would be a really dumb move.
I don't want to see MeMo gone either.. but i'm pretty sure he's a FA after this season and i wouldn't want to stay here either if i were him, he could get a significant playing time boost on any other team and i dont like seeing his talent wasted
:'(

snowinapril
11-12-2007, 10:01 AM
"PurpleTide" wrote:



Man I hope Adrian just suffered a bruise, and there is no structural damage. I really want him to get the rookie rushing yard record, and ROY honors. Having CT, and Memo, both whom could start in most other teams backfield is a comfort. But lets all hope that nothing serious has happened to our young superstar.


Team sport!

I want him to be healthy first.
ROY - Yes but not if he doesn't come back and perform, Lynch my still have a shot if AD doesn't come back.
If AD comes back healthy, I am going to put myself out on a limb and say he gets the single season Rushing record another year next year.

It is too bad that he had/has a shot at the rookie record and may have had that put in jeopardy with this injury.
With the teams upcoming, he had a real shot at it.

marstc09
11-12-2007, 10:04 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:


"PurpleTide" wrote:



Man I hope Adrian just suffered a bruise, and there is no structural damage. I really want him to get the rookie rushing yard record, and ROY honors. Having CT, and Memo, both whom could start in most other teams backfield is a comfort. But lets all hope that nothing serious has happened to our young superstar.


Team sport!

I want him to be healthy first.
ROY - Yes but not if he doesn't come back and perform, Lynch my still have a shot if AD doesn't come back.
If AD comes back healthy, I am going to put myself out on a limb and say he gets the single season Rushing record another year next year.

It is too bad that he had/has a shot at the rookie record and may have had that put in jeopardy with this injury.
With the teams upcoming, he had a real shot at it.


Thanks Al Harris, you prick!

snowinapril
11-12-2007, 10:04 AM
"Vikes_King" wrote:


"snowinapril" wrote:


"ultravikingfan" wrote:


Even though AD is the guy, I feel comfortable with Chester as our back this week.
I think he may want to prove that he is worthy of being a #1 guy.
Last year CT was spectacular for us and I hope we have not forgot that this year.


True, plus this gives us the opp to shop him if we choose to do that.
I am not suggesting we do at this point.
But, at least other teams will get to see his skill set again.


i really hope we dont, i think that would be a really dumb move.
I don't want to see MeMo gone either.. but i'm pretty sure he's a FA after this season and i wouldn't want to stay here either if i were him, he could get a significant playing time boost on any other team and i dont like seeing his talent wasted
:'(


Wants and needs are two different things.
Comfort in two RBs is great, but we need help on this team that is on the field.
Right!


If we were the Pats and had a complete team, one might say to keep him.
But even then, you might say leverage him for the good of building the team in the future.

Vikes_King
11-12-2007, 10:08 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:


"Vikes_King" wrote:


"snowinapril" wrote:


"ultravikingfan" wrote:


Even though AD is the guy, I feel comfortable with Chester as our back this week.
I think he may want to prove that he is worthy of being a #1 guy.
Last year CT was spectacular for us and I hope we have not forgot that this year.


True, plus this gives us the opp to shop him if we choose to do that.
I am not suggesting we do at this point.
But, at least other teams will get to see his skill set again.


i really hope we dont, i think that would be a really dumb move.
I don't want to see MeMo gone either.. but i'm pretty sure he's a FA after this season and i wouldn't want to stay here either if i were him, he could get a significant playing time boost on any other team and i dont like seeing his talent wasted
:'(


Wants and needs are two different things.
Comfort in two RBs is great, but we need help on this team that is on the field.
Right!


If we were the Pats and had a complete team, one might say to keep him.
But even then, you might say leverage him for the good of building the team in the future.


oh i know he'll be gone and i'm fine with that, honestly as much as i like the guy MeMo is basically just taking up cap room & a roster spot on this team, hopefully he gets a good team next year

singersp
11-13-2007, 06:49 AM
Taylor gets old job back (http://www.startribune.com/vikings/story/1546306.html)

By Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune

Last update: November 13, 2007 – 12:23 AM


With running back Adrian Peterson out for at least Sunday's game against Oakland because of a partially torn ligament in his right knee, veteran Chester Taylor will return to the starting role he lost to the rookie three games ago.........

singersp
11-17-2007, 07:41 AM
Remember him? With Peterson sidelined, Vikings turn to Taylor (http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5imHFXu7bWeGjLr9U5CxUSP66XvkA)

14 hours ago

canadianpress.google.com


EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. - Adrian Peterson was the player Minnesota could least afford to lose. Fortunately for the Vikings, their best backup happens to be a running back...

singersp
11-17-2007, 07:45 AM
A Closer Look (http://www.vikings.com/NewsArticle_callingforbackup111507.aspx)

11/16/2007

By Mike Wobschall, vikings.com


You can never have too many good players, and the Minnesota Vikings will be benefactors of that philosophy for the immediate future as Adrian Peterson recovers from a knee injury and Chester Taylor takes his place in the starting lineup......

purplepride_1961
11-17-2007, 12:58 PM
we didn't have AD last year and taylor did good

singersp
11-19-2007, 07:29 AM
Vikings vs. Oakland: Don't forget about two-nine (http://www.startribune.com/vikings/story/1556282.html)

Yep, the kid is out. The 300-yard encore will have to come some other day. Before you throw up your hands and dismiss the running game, let's remember who is waiting to take the ball against the Raiders.

By Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune

Last update: November 19, 2007 – 12:14 AM


The competition for roster spots and playing time in the NFL means those making decisions can't afford to concern themselves with the emotional state of each player.....

singersp
11-19-2007, 08:05 AM
TOM POWERS: Minnesota Vikings' Chester Taylor returns to the spotlight (http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_7501387)

Tom Powers
Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 11/18/2007 10:46:30 PM CST


Hey, I recognize that guy. That's uhhh, uhhh ... Don't tell me. Didn't he used to be Chester Taylor?....

singersp
11-19-2007, 08:15 AM
Jim Souhan: Ideal backup again shows he's more than capable (http://www.startribune.com/souhan/story/1559512.html)

By Jim Souhan, Star Tribune

Last update: November 18, 2007 – 11:35 PM


One week after Dwight Smith opened a Laugh Factory on the Lambeau Field sideline during one of the worst losses in franchise history, the Vikings were the ones cracking the jokes....

singersp
11-19-2007, 08:28 AM
Sid Hartman: RB switch doesn't worry Childress (http://www.startribune.com/507/story/1559458.html)

The Vikings coach said he didn't lose any sleep knowing Chester Taylor would get most of the carries vs. Oakland with Adrian Peterson injured.

By Sid Hartman, Star Tribune

Last update: November 19, 2007 – 1:11 AM