PDA

View Full Version : VKG4LFE....

Vikestand
12-01-2004, 07:58 PM
Thanks for welcoming me to the board...I have had my name since April but have been busy...I like this place...Its good for somebody to go to when I get tired of hearing about the stink'n lambs

VKG4LFE
12-01-2004, 08:00 PM
No problem. Before I signed on I would check out this site all the time too. What team is that a picture of in your avatar? I'm assuming it's a high school/small college in Missouri but I don't know.

Vikestand
12-01-2004, 08:08 PM
That school in the picture is the high school I went to...Ste. Genevieve(Im a frosh in college)....It is a class 3 school out of 6 classes in missouri...We played in the dome last year for the state championship but our stud RB who had almost the state record in rushing(2,990 yrds) blew out his knee on the opening kickoff...Talk about bad luck...Im 56 in the picture...Started O-line and rotated on D....

VKG4LFE
12-01-2004, 08:12 PM
That's awesome! That must have been a thrill to play in the dome like that! Where did you go to college? Do you play ball in college? Last question, if you live is Missouri, how did you become a viking fan?

Vikestand
12-01-2004, 08:20 PM
Oh you better believe it...When ever we where standing in the tunnell there was about 8,000 fans on the home side and about 6,000 on the visiting side so when they anounced that we were coming out it started shaking in side the tunnell...About the coolest thing you could ever go through for somebody that loves football as much as I do....Um right now I am going to a junior college on academic scholarships and then going to Central Missouri State U.....I didnt go play college ball anywhere...It was amazing that none of us got offers to go to college for a state finalist team except our RB who is now at Southeast Missouri State...Im not big enough to play the line in college only being 6'0 225...But anyways...I became a fan of the vikings when I believe(cant remember exactly) warren moon was the QB...I believe it was a thanksgiving game I watched and at that time I just like their unis but have fallen in love with them ever since....I have lived and died with the vikings...98' could have killed me...and we wont mention the last NFC championship game....I have been to WI a few times...How in the world did you become a vikings fan?...

VKG4LFE
12-01-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally I am from Minnesota about 15 minutes east of St. Paul in a city called Oakdale. I went to college in southern MN in a city called Winona. I went to Winona St. I met my girlfriend there, who is from WI and then after college I moved back here with her! It was tough to do, but it had to be done, I still stay true to my vikes though!!

Vikestand
12-01-2004, 08:26 PM
Girls tend to do that to you...lol

VKG4LFE
12-01-2004, 08:28 PM
Yeah, no kidding! Damn them!

Vikestand
12-01-2004, 08:30 PM
Did you play ball at all in high school?

VKG4LFE
12-01-2004, 08:35 PM
I played baseball. I quit football after 8th grade, I wasn't very good. I focused on baseball and was all state and then played ball in college for a year, but my grades went to hell so I quit to focus on those.

Vikestand
12-01-2004, 09:14 PM
Thats the reason I didnt play football in college..I would rather focus on whats going to actually get me through life.....

VKG4LFE
12-01-2004, 09:15 PM
Good idea!

casper
12-02-2004, 02:36 AM
sorry guys had to BUTT in and say to Vikestand great story, welcome to the board and enjoy the rest of the season look forward to seeing more of your posts, don't stand on the side lines keep on posten, that is what make's the Purple Pride Org. so much fun...THANKS WEBBY

CT Viking Man
12-02-2004, 08:28 PM
I'm glad to see others like myself. I was born, raised and still live on the East Coast. Based upon your vitals Vikestand I'm probably 4 or 5 years older than you and became a fan about that many years earlier. I've also grown into a Viking fanatic and cannot get enough Viking football. I've seen the Vikes several times in New England and New York and got to catch the Indy game this year since I was in the area on business. I'm going to make sure I get up to Minnesota by some point next year. I want the rush of watching the Vikes play along with thousands of fellow fans. Obviously, it is not the same thrill in a visiting stadium. Plus the Vikes lost the last three I went to. At least the Colts game was close.

I myself signed up long ago, posting a few post in my first months. I was dormant for a while. I love to discuss the Vikes and there is only so much time to discuss with the few Vikings fans I watch the game with everyweek. I'll be staying active on the site from now on.

VKG4LFE
12-02-2004, 08:31 PM
I wish I traveled for my job! Not only would it be great to see other parts of the states, but to get to go to vikes games at other venues would be fun too! There is nothing like the dome though! (compared to the few places I have been)

CT Viking Man
12-02-2004, 08:45 PM
This year is the first and possibly the only time I travel out of CT for my job. Luckily I've been working in Columbus, Ohio and once I knew I was going to be around for the Colts game and made plans. Some tickets were released back by the teams and I was able to get the best seats that I have had for a football game. If I could make it to at least one Viking game a year, I'd be estatic.

VKG4LFE
12-02-2004, 08:48 PM
Yeah, me too. I had made it the previous couple of years, but I missed last year. Got my one in this year already! I could actually go to alot more, but it gets spendy and the drive would be killer. Since I live just north of Milwaukee I could actually get to Chicago, Green Bay and drive up to the cities for all those games. But that would take up a lot of time too. Watching on TV is almost as good!

CT Viking Man
12-02-2004, 09:22 PM
We have a small clan that watches the games every week, whether it is shown on local TV or not. It's not much fun watching by yourself. The group was much larger a few years ago when the Vikes were rebuilding. It seems when ever a new season starts we lose a couple of people. We probably have to be the loudest three man group in the bar. I can't miss watching the Vikings play everyweek. I would feel lost if I did.