PDA

View Full Version : Official Post Game Thoughts and Observations

ultravikingfan
11-11-2007, 03:44 PM
Pathetic.

Missed the first half, well not much to miss.

*sigh*
Another week of listening to the same old shit.

gregair13
11-11-2007, 03:44 PM
thank god is over. i hope AP is ok

BadlandsVikings
11-11-2007, 03:45 PM
http://assets.espn.go.com/media/apphoto/f8cb34dc-d966-40d1-9021-6413652ad8e6.jpg

baumy300
11-11-2007, 03:46 PM
"gregair13" wrote:

thank god is over. i hope AP is ok

I'm going to church later tonight. Just for AP.

The rest of the game - Pathetic. Just sad.

ItalianStallion
11-11-2007, 03:48 PM
The key to this game was getting pressure on Farve and we didn't.
We didn't even try.

Can some explain to me why, under any circumstance, we should be rushing 3 players with Pat Williams droppping back into coverage?

The Packer's look like they actually practiced this week, we look like we spent the whole week wondering if the useless millionaire (Williamson) should get a game check or not.

Keys for next year:

Get Rid of Childress (won't happen I know)

Get rid of Williamson

Overhaul the WR, QB, RT, positions.

If there is a suitable D-Coordinator out there, sign him too

Sign another verteran corner

Vikes
11-11-2007, 03:49 PM
Thank God it's over. Finally just a couple of more of these games and Ziggy might start paying attention.

Ltrey33
I hope AP is alright.

He should have been sitting at that point down 27-0 deep into the 3rd quarter. Another bad move by Childress, IMO.

We looked AWFUL today. It reminded me of the Tice years when we would go out on the road and look completely unprepared and ridiculously flat. Ugly....just ugly.

I thought Brooks would be able to move us. I was REALLY wrong...he is just as bad as Tarvaris or Holcomb.

Honestly....fire Childress and get us a quarterback. This is ridiculous.

ultravikingfan
Well, webby got rid of bigbadragz.

So I guess there was something good today.
;D

baumy300
11-11-2007, 03:50 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

We didn't even try.

Can some explain to me why, under any circumstance, we should be rushing 3 players with Pat Williams droppping back into coverage?

The Packer's look like they actually practiced this week, we look like we spent the whole week wondering if the useless millionaire (Williamson) should get a game check or not.

I read this post to the guys in my living room They all laughed and said you're right on. Let's see what happenes next week against Oakland.

Freya
I'll be happy if they score.

BadlandsVikings
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Well, webby got rid of bigbadragz.

So I guess there was something good today.

;D

lol

No hell? Just slit his throat?

AngloVike
11-11-2007, 03:51 PM
The team came out flat on both sides of the ball - that I put firmly on the coaches not having the team prepared. To lose to a division rival is bad enough but to lose in this fashion is downright embarassing.
Anyone still consider Childress worthy of the title of HC?
cos I certainly don't. His motivational skills are dire and his game planning awful. The sooner Zygi re-considers Coach Clueless's position with the Vikes organisation the better.

Ltrey33
11-11-2007, 03:51 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

We didn't even try.

LMAO...that was amazing. I think it shows the pure genius of Childress. "Let's drop our biggest, slowest guy into coverage! No one will expect it!"

Webby
11-11-2007, 03:52 PM
3 4th down conversions and thrown well short of the line each time.
Nice calls Bevel and Childress.

Frostbite
11-11-2007, 03:52 PM
The sad part for me this game was I really thought we had so much positive play last week and so much to build on for the entire team. It should not have taken much effort at all to motivate everyone to play and coach well this week.....especially against a division rival.

All I can say is we looked flat...no energy...no UP BEAT FEEL...in our players that I could see. On either side of the ball.

Add to that the packers were ready to play and came right at our run defense today.

Cheers!

AngloVike
11-11-2007, 03:53 PM
"Ltrey" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

We didn't even try.

LMAO...that was amazing. I think it shows the pure genius of Childress. "Let's drop our biggest, slowest guy into coverage! No one will expect it!"

glad that wasn't just me seeing that .... I pointed that out in my blog rant on the home page ???

Storm
"Ltrey" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

We didn't even try.

Hahahaha, smartest call ever! ROFL.

PurplePeopleEaters
Fire

do I even need to finish the sentence?

Mystophales
11-11-2007, 03:54 PM
I am not a violent person whatsoever but everytime I see Childress on sideline looking at his damn play sheet I swear I want to strangle him. This game was a absolute disaster. Nothing...and I mean absolutely NOTHING worked. This team was not in the slightest prepared to play this game. Some of the fault has to go to the guys cashing those game checks but it seems to me this team has given up and THAT is the fault of the coaches.

My 2 cents...

tastywaves
11-11-2007, 03:55 PM
It's going to be a tough week for Marrdro, I pray he has the strength.

Getting beat by your chief rival twice in one year is bad enough, getting waxed 34-0 is going to be tough to defend.
A lot more Fire Brad chants are coming out this week.

Besides all the usual offensive woes, the biggest weakness that stuck out to me was the lack of pressure on Favre.
He was only hurried maybe 3 times out of 40 attempts.
Life was easy for him today, the guy was off, and he still picks us apart..
It also helps to get phantom calls for shots to the head with a little acting because I'm Brett fucking Favre.
Had nothing to do with anything, just an aggravating call that would never go in our favor.

It doesn't help that our offense does absolutely nothing on offense.
Bad game all around.
Ferguson EJ and Kluwe are the only guys that seemed to have any highlights.

Toughest game to watch this year, and that is saying a lot.

Freya
11-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Chester Taylor had a couple of nice runs. Peterson looks like he will be ok.

Henderson is still a stud.

Griffin is still not.

McKinnie needs to unhook the plow.

Childress should be banned from play calling. Same with Bevel.

ballhog27
11-11-2007, 03:58 PM
Of Course, whoever did that blog on everyone saying Childress is a genius after he won last week gets to see why we call him an idiot, week in and week out. I guess the best thing for the Vikings would be to sign Jeff George. I mean why not sign some guy that might be able to throw the ball. But I guess the problem really is with the play calling. I can't believe that the coaches sat on their thumbs all week and did not have their players ready for this weeks game. Its undescribable about how bad this year has gone. Childress is 0-4 against the Packers...who themselves also have a new coach. I honestly thought the Packers were in worse shape than the Vikings starting out 2 years ago but I guess it was easy for Brad to take a team that finished 9-7 the year before and turn them into complete and utter trash. I would trade away our first round draft pick next year to have someone smart in the front office to realize that sometimes you do have to overpay good players. It hurts me to see such a proud oganization get turned over to a balding "yes" man like Brad Childress. The only good thing for him is that if we ever do decide to get rid of him (which we are too stupid to) he can always go back to the ever forgiving, father of drug dealers, Andy Reid. Sorry for going on a tirade I just got done watching the game...IT SUCKS!!!

Vikes
11-11-2007, 03:58 PM
I'm acutually speechless. I need to hear something from Ziggy. What's his plan for this team.

mnvikes61
11-11-2007, 03:59 PM
"tastywaves" wrote:

Getting beat by your chief rival twice in one year is bad enough, getting waxed 34-0 is going to be tough to defend.

Besides all the usual offensive woes, the biggest weakness that stuck out to me was the lack of pressure on Favre.
It also helps to get phantom calls for shots to the head with a little acting because I'm Brett fricken Favre.
Had nothing to do with anything, just an aggravating call that would never go in our favor.

Bad game all around.

That is what I was thinking towards the end of the game. Marrdro always is able to put a positive spin on the Vikings performance, but I don't see how he could possibly do it this week. He'll be flat out magical if he can name anything positive about this game besides Kluwe.

Frostbite
11-11-2007, 03:59 PM
"Mystophales" wrote:

I am not a violent person whatsoever but everytime I see Childress on sideline looking at his gol 'darnit play sheet I swear I want to strangle him. This game was a absolute disaster. Nothing...and I mean absolutely NOTHING worked. This team was not in the slightest prepared to play this game. Some of the fault has to go to the guys cashing those game checks but it seems to me this team has given up and THAT is the fault of the coaches.
My 2 cents...

This is right on....and especially disturbing when I think about how much we had to build on in practice this week after our Charger game. PATHETIC...and I blame the entire team effort!!

We stunk it up on both sides of the ball from the git go!

Cheers!

ap07
11-11-2007, 04:00 PM
Well first post for me.....

Here we go.
The Vikings wont win a game with no passing game, also a coach who should not be coaching a nfl team anywhere.
Childress is a joke! Our entire staff is a joke.
How can you let Farve do what he did to us today?
Defense to the entire offensive team stunk it up again today.

Here is whats needed!

1. Go out and find a QB for the rest of the year.
Not one qb on our club deserves time being a starter.
Of all three we have Jackson needs to be cut.
He has done nothing all year and he cant complete a pass.

2. Use Rice more as a WR!
Get the kid the ball when he has a chance he looks like he can be a playmaker.
If we cant throw the ball we wont win period!

3. Get a 3rd down chance made!
When you continue to go three and out we won't win.
Why not use a split back attact with both Peterson and Taylor in the game at the same time.
There all we have for playmakers on offense so lets use them!

I could go on and on here.
BUT the FIRST thing needed is to FIRE Brad Childress!
This guy is a joke.
Hey Ziggy you want a new stadium, win games and things could get done.
When you have the crap at coach we have now things wont get done till you lose Childress.

A complete ass beating today.
Not one good thing came out of this game.
Who will we draft at QB in the draft????????

BadlandsVikings
11-11-2007, 04:01 PM
"Vikes" wrote:

I'm acutually speechless. I need to hear something from Ziggy. What's his plan for this team.

http://www.barrystickets.com/images/los-angeles-venues/LA-Coliseum.jpg

ultravikingfan
"ballhog27" wrote:

Of Course, whoever did that blog on everyone saying Childress is a genius after he won last week gets to see why we call him an idiot, week in and week out. I guess the best thing for the Vikings would be to sign Jeff George. I mean why not sign some guy that might be able to throw the ball. But I guess the problem really is with the play calling. I can't believe that the coaches sat on their thumbs all week and did not have their players ready for this weeks game. Its undescribable about how bad this year has gone. Childress is 0-4 against the Packers...who themselves also have a new coach. I honestly thought the Packers were in worse shape than the Vikings starting out 2 years ago but I guess it was easy for Brad to take a team that finished 9-7 the year before and turn them into complete and utter trash. I would trade away our first round draft pick next year to have someone smart in the front office to realize that sometimes you do have to overpay good players. It hurts me to see such a proud oganization get turned over to a balding "yes" man like Brad Childress. The only good thing for him is that if we ever do decide to get rid of him (which we are too stupid to) he can always go back to the ever forgiving, father of drug dealers, Andy Reid. Sorry for going on a tirade I just got done watching the game...IT SUCKS!!!

I am pretty sure nobody called Chilly a genius.

The thread was titled:
Is Childress a Genius Now???

Do you notice the question marks?

mnvikes61
"Freya" wrote:

Chester Taylor had a couple of nice runs. Peterson looks like he will be ok.

Henderson is still a stud.

Griffin is still not.

McKinnie needs to unhook the plow.

Childress should be banned from play calling. Same with Bevel.

I am not sure why but I still like Griffin. When he is able to play bump n' run like he did last week, he played really well.

thevikingfan
11-11-2007, 04:02 PM
get either mcnabb or onw of the top qbs in the draft get another wr (im thinking dj hacket ) get another corner.......stop using this stupid scheme.....play more man to man

Vikes
11-11-2007, 04:02 PM
Welcome and good stuff.

"ap07" wrote:

Here we go.
The Vikings wont win a game with no passing game, also a coach who should not be coaching a nfl team anywhere.

Here is whats needed!

Why not use a split back attact with both Peterson and Taylor in the game at the same time.

This guy is a joke.
When you have the crap at coach we have now things wont get done till you lose Childress.

A complete jiggly butt beating today.

ultravikingfan
11-11-2007, 04:03 PM
"ap07" wrote:

Here we go.

Here is whats needed!

This guy is a joke.

A complete ass beating today.

Nice post bro.

Welcome.

kjdaddy
11-11-2007, 04:04 PM
:'(
I'm depressed

Marrdro
11-11-2007, 04:04 PM
First let me say that the Packer fans (not gonna use PUKER) showed some class when AD got up after the knee injury.
Well done my green and gold friends.

Second let me say that you guys have a great team.
Very nice ass whuppin.
Good luck the rest of the way this year.
Represent the NFC North with class.

Face it people we were beat by a better team.
Not much else to say.

Negatives.

3-4.
I think there is a time to use this wrinkle and today wasn't it.

Sharper.
Way to step up. Especially when you came over with your ball hawking skills and basically knocked the ball out of Griffs hands.
Great job my friend.
I hope I see lots of articles this week about you talking crap about the guys stepping up.

Pass Rush.
Anyone else think we don't need a stud DE.
Better draft one and use some of our CAP money on one or we will continue to let the QB's of this league stand back there all damn day long throwing passes.
One good thing though, we won't have to worry about our CB's getting fat cause they will be running all over the field trying to stay with WR's.

Tackling.
What is up with that today?

Memo Memo Memo Memo.
If this staff had any kindof convidence left it you it went out the door today my friend.
Very sad.

Coaching staff.
I don't care how much people say we
need to run run run run.
When you are down by 21 points in the 3rd quarter you need to start passing.
Anyone, I mean anyone want to argue that with me?
One good thing we got to see the team attempt to pass the ball, albeit against a prevent defense.

Props. (not many to give out)

Kluwe.
Great job today.
Unfortunately a wasted effort my friend.

EJ.
Good hustle my friend.
Seemed like you, Leber, Chad and the secondary were the only part of the D that came to play.

OL.
Not a bad effort however, I am not totally convinced that you couldn't have done a bit better.
Pocket was there, time was allowed.

Packer Fans.
Again, very good job today.
My opinion of you guys and gals isn't very good but you showed true class today.

Long story short, this is the first game this year that I was utterly disappointed in the effort by just about the whole team.

Until we get a QB and a DE that can pressure the QB the better teams will continue to use us as doormats and make me feel like shit.
>:(

Purplemania
11-11-2007, 04:05 PM
I thought Leslie Frazier was an aggressive DC. He certianly proved that wrong today but not applying any pressure and dropping Pat Williams back into coverage.

Childress was lame today. Pathetic play calling. Did not get his team ready for what could've been a season changing game. I know Wilf can no longer avoid the thought of firing this jokester.

Bollinger has the weakest arm in the NFL. He makes Pennington look like Roger Clemens.

Sharper is a has-been and he's been that way since last year. Dwight Smith can't tackle for his life. Cedric Griffin is just a loser. To sum up, our secondary is a-s-s.

RK.
11-11-2007, 04:05 PM
We scored 0 points.
There is nothing to say.
I have better things to do than bitch so....

I think I will just concentrate on the general NFL thread and talk about other teams that know how to play football.
:)

AngloVike
11-11-2007, 04:07 PM
"RK." wrote:

We scored 0 points.
There is nothing to say.
I have better things to do than beeyatch so....

I think I will just concentrate on the general NFL thread and talk about other teams that know how to play football.
:)

that's another thing.. getting shut out by those green and gold goons just adds to it

Frostbite
11-11-2007, 04:07 PM
"Purplemania" wrote:

I thought Leslie Frazier was an aggressive DC. He certianly proved that wrong today but not applying any pressure and dropping Pat Williams back into coverage.

Childress was lame today. Pathetic play calling. Did not get his team ready for what could've been a season changing game. I know Wilf can no longer avoid the thought of firing this jokester.

Bollinger has the weakest arm in the NFL. He makes Pennington look like Roger Clemens.Sharper is a has-been and he's been that way since last year. Dwight Smith can't tackle for his life. Cedric Griffin is just a loser. To sum up, our secondary is a-s-s.

Really??? When was it tested by play calls down field ??? Especially in the first half??

V4L
11-11-2007, 04:09 PM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

"tastywaves" wrote:

It also helps to get phantom calls for shots to the head with a little acting because I'm Brett fricken Favre.

Bad game all around.

That is what I was thinking towards the end of the game. Marrdro always is able to put a positive spin on the Vikings performance, but I don't see how he could possibly do it this week. He'll be flat out magical if he can name anything positive about this game besides Kluwe.

Maybe if there is some positives this is what I can come up with

With better coaching this actually could have been a close game (JUST LISTEN)

We could have stopped that first touchdown if it weren't for a very smart play by Koren rolling over.. That started off the game bad for us.. Thats 7 points off the board right there

If Cedric could have pulled in those 2 interceptions that could have been 14 more off the board..

A cheap call when Udeze jumped over Favre and his arm hit him extended a drive..

And if Memo could have brought in that pass we could have easily had 7 there..

So take away 21 that leaves them with 13.. Add on 7 for us that is 13-7

And if AP played the whole game who knows what could have happened...

Thing is though we got whooped.. And with better coaching maybe this young team can excel

Keep ur heads up Vikes fans!!

Ranger
11-11-2007, 04:11 PM
I'm a grown ass man but I'm logging into my xbox to beat the packers over and over again.

Sad days.

Purplemania
11-11-2007, 04:14 PM
"Frostbite" wrote:

"Purplemania" wrote:

Bollinger has the weakest arm in the NFL. He makes Pennington look like Roger Clemens.Sharper is a has-been and he's been that way since last year. Dwight Smith can't tackle for his life. Cedric Griffin is just a loser. To sum up, our secondary is a-s-s.

Really??? When was it tested by play calls down field ??? Especially in the first half??

Critical 3rd down situations.

CCthebest
Todays game was so pathetic on both sides of the ball, i dont know if we need a CB or QB more. The defense flat out sucked. We dont have a single defensive player that knows how to cover. The Oline couldnt open a hole for AP. Our players are not well coached and that falls on Childress. The only thing i want for christmas is a new HC...

Frostbite
So Frustrated I Can't See Straight!!! Any respect I had for the Coaching Staff....especially the Offensive Coaching staff of this team is GONE!

You do not get a huge win over team like San Diego the week before and not be able to build on that for a tuff away game against a Division Rival. We should have been ready to come out with "Balls on Fire" and READY to KICK Some!!!

What a let down after such a great previous effort......Really Sad.

Cheers!

Schutz
Oh boy, how many games are left on the schedule?
All the things we did well last night we just kind of threw right out the window.
I was especially disappointed with the lack lack of pass rush and huge lack of any sort of blitz to try to stop favre.
I mean I could understand right away thinking we could play pass coverage against them, but how many yards and TD's does favre have to have before we decide that pass coverage isn't working maybe would should to blitz instead of seeing if Pat Williams can get a pick?
Very disappointed with the coaching staff once again, look over on the green bay side with shovel passes and all sorts of nice running plays, we were just running left and right then on third down throwing short of the line ALL DAY!!!!
I was coming close to maybe coming around to Chilly Dawgs super conservative play calling, but this puts a nail in the coffin on that.

Fire Brad Childress

ap07
11-11-2007, 04:15 PM
Well the d backs all are terrible.
But when your team leader in Winfield is out for the 2nd game in a row that hurts your club.
You all know damn well that Winfield would have made some big plays.
The Williams brothers did nothing once again.
Only good play was from our line backers.
Time has come to draft for secondary help.

Draft
1, QB
2. WR
3. Dbacks

A big time qb is a must then draft by team needs.McKinnie needs to be traded!
That guy is to fat and slow to be playing on the end.
We need someone with quickness and a guy with agression.

Frostbite
11-11-2007, 04:17 PM
"Purplemania" wrote:

"Frostbite" wrote:

"Purplemania" wrote:

Did you watch the game???? All I saw on critical third downs were run calls and check down calls to the TE and RB out of the Backfield??? Please name one play in the first half we called a Play action pass DOWNFIELD for BB to throw???

Cheers!

V4L
11-11-2007, 04:18 PM
"V4L" wrote:

"mnvikes61" wrote:

"tastywaves" wrote:

Bad game all around.

Maybe if there is some positives this is what I can come up with

With better coaching this actually could have been a close game (JUST LISTEN)

We could have stopped that first touchdown if it weren't for a very smart play by Koren rolling over.. That started off the game bad for us.. Thats 7 points off the board right there

If Cedric could have pulled in those 2 interceptions that could have been 14 more off the board..

A cheap call when Udeze jumped over Favre and his arm hit him extended a drive..

And if Memo could have brought in that pass we could have easily had 7 there..

So take away 21 that leaves them with 13.. Add on 7 for us that is 13-7

And if AP played the whole game who knows what could have happened...

Thing is though we got whooped.. And with better coaching maybe this young team can excel

Keep ur heads up Vikes fans!!

Sorry to quote myself again but also the Packer fans showed some class when AP got up.. That was weird!! Positive there.. He got up that was pretty nice

BobbyOShea
11-11-2007, 04:19 PM
Man that was embarrassing for you guys!

Mr-holland
What to say? the game was hopeless from the get-go and a deserved win for the Packers, as much as i hate to say that.
What is funny is that people were so optimistic we could change around, and all of a sudden we get another depressing game, as we havn't had enough.. being a Vikings fan is just not fun sometimes...

What we have to do is get a above average Qb in FA, because a rookie isn't gonna lead us anywhere..
Games like these depress me the most, it was the second game i saw this season and what a game it was indeed

Let's end this season so we can look forward

Frostbite
Not trying to step on you purplemania...but please don't expect miracles from BB when he's already down 20 zip and has yet to get an OPPORTUNITY to throw the ball downfield because of the play calls from the sidelines.

Cheers!

Purplemania
11-11-2007, 04:23 PM
"Frostbite" wrote:

"Purplemania" wrote:

"Frostbite" wrote:

"Purplemania" wrote:

Did you watch the game???? All I saw on critical third downs were run calls and check down calls to the TE and RB out of the Backfield??? Please name one play in the first half we called a Play action pass DOWNFIELD for BB to throw???

Cheers!

There were a couple play where Bollinger just straight up missed the target dude! I saw the game from beginning to end. Now in the first half, yes he didn't get much chance but even in the second half he was lame. It's obvious that his arm strength and accuracy is a concern...which is why he is perfectly labeled a 3rd string QB.

ap07
11-11-2007, 04:24 PM
"Frostbite" wrote:

Not trying to step on you purplemania...but please don't expect miracles from BB when he's already down 20 zip and has yet to get an OPPORTUNITY to throw the ball downfield because of the play calls from the sidelines.

Cheers!

Seeing Koren Robinson makes we wish we still had him!
Hell he was a guy that made plays for us when he wore a vikings uniform.
To bad we cut him.
Packers gave him a chance and look at him now.

V4L
11-11-2007, 04:25 PM
I saw Bollinger toss some deep balls and get them on target..

His may be a lil short but atleast they don't sail out of bounds like our other QB's

x-ray jeff
11-11-2007, 04:25 PM
I was at work so I missed most of the first half. Like others have mentioned, I too was amazed to see our D-tackles dropping into coverage. The defense played better when they played them straight up. EJ HENDERSON IS A BEAST. Only bright spot I noticed on D all day. Chester looked good on a few plays, Peterson looked ok. Hopefully tests tomorrow will show no damage. I hope this team can salvage something from this butt-kicking. It is gonna be a pretty grim room when they go over that game film.

Mr-holland
11-11-2007, 04:26 PM
"Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!

When i have a Qb i want him to step up his game especially when my team is 20 points down, come onnnnn!!!!!!

Marrdro
11-11-2007, 04:28 PM
"x-ray" wrote:

I was at work so I missed most of the first half. Like others have mentioned, I too was amazed to see our D-tackles dropping into coverage. The defense played better when they played them straight up. EJ HENDERSON IS A BEAST. Only bright spot I noticed on D all day. Chester looked good on a few plays, Peterson looked ok. Hopefully tests tomorrow will show no damage. I hope this team can salvage something from this butt-kicking. It is gonna be a pretty grim room when they go over that game film.

Not trying to pick on you Xray, however, all of you that are amazed at that realize that it is a part of the Cover 2 scheme don't you?

I am amazed that they had Phat Pat in there doing it, but I am not amazed that they are doing it.

Mr-holland
11-11-2007, 04:29 PM
"ap07" wrote:

"Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!

Seeing Koren Robinson makes we wish we still had him!
Hell he was a guy that made plays for us when he wore a vikings uniform.
To bad we cut him.
Packers gave him a chance and look at him now.

You want an (ex)alcoholic to be in your team who could've killed people when he was driving drunk chasing for the police? wow classy

BadlandsVikings
11-11-2007, 04:29 PM
Hey, we aren't Miami :D

Frostbite
11-11-2007, 04:30 PM
That happens to this Franchise all the time.....look at Moss this season. We have had a carousel of players come in and go out....only go to other teams and shine. Not sure what gives with that....money and ?? I don't know

Cheers!

ConnecticutViking
11-11-2007, 04:30 PM
WE SUCK
BRAD SUCKS
GAME PLAN SUCKS... HOW COULD YOU DROP 300LB LINEMEN INTO COVERAGE?
AT ONE POINT I WATCHED THEM DROP BOTH TACKLES INTO COVERAGE AND RUSH TWO GUY!
SECONDARY SUCKS-BUT THEY TALK A GOOD GAME
QUARTERBACKS SUCK
RECEIVERS SUCK

FIRE CHILLY >:(

V4L
11-11-2007, 04:32 PM
Im not surprised we dropped a tackle into coverage either.. Weird to see it was Pat tho..

But we are trying to take away the underneath stuff.. I.E quick slants he throws EVERYTIME

x-ray jeff
11-11-2007, 04:34 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"x-ray" wrote:

Not trying to pick on you Xray, however, all of you that are amazed at that realize that it is a part of the Cover 2 scheme don't you?

I am amazed that they had Phat Pat in there doing it, but I am not amazed that they are doing it.
I guess it was because Pat was doing it. I don't remember seeing it happen against the Chargers last week. I do remember seeing some blitzes coming from the outside linebackers last week, and all I saw this week was EJ trying to come from different areas.

COJOMAY
11-11-2007, 04:35 PM
The last Viking play of the game was emblamatic of the entire season. 4th and goal at the 10 yard line and we through a five yard pass. Poor play calling, poor route running. I could not believe it, not one downfield pass the entire first half.
Aghhhhhhh! :-X

V4L
11-11-2007, 04:36 PM
Wasn't the pass the Ferguson a downfield shot?

Odin VAVikefan
11-11-2007, 04:44 PM
As far as the QB's go, it doesn't seem to matter who we put in, expect 45-55% completion rate for about 100-150 yds, 0 TD's, and 0-1 INT. Same with Brad Johnson last year. It's partially because of the WR's, but I think largely due to the scheme. At this rate, we might as well put Jackson back in if he's 100% healthy because he can hopefully move a little better. When we have 3 different QB's with differing skill sets coming up with the same results, it seems to me that the results are due to the coaching/playcalling. Childress and Bevell should be getting together to come up with an explanation...

jkjuggalo
11-11-2007, 04:45 PM
Bring in Cowher and a QB in the offseason.

Draft some DB's that can cover...especially some SAFETIES.

Save AD for next year when we have a chance at winning.

Purplemania
11-11-2007, 04:48 PM
I kind of agree with jkjuggalo. No need to rush AD back for a lost season.

sruman
11-11-2007, 05:06 PM
I'm normally a quiet fan, read the post, see what's cookin......etc.
But this game was one of the worst performances from the vikings I can remember.

Earlier in the year, I was convinced that some of our problems were strictly related to inexperience at key positions.
But the more I watch this mess of an offense, I strongly believe it is play calling and game planning.
I don't know how many times this year, we were 3rd and short, and we throw.
Unbelievable.
Run the damn ball.
Best left side OL in the league, and we throw it.
Just one observation....

Although I like the fact of wiping the slate clean for a bright future, we have enough talent to be competitive in every game.
May not win against the league powerhouses, but competitive.
This coaching staff is out coached in every game, and without some superior individual performances, we would be 0-fer.

This coaching staff sucks.
Plain and simple.
Although Frazier has done okay, offensively, we need to start from scratch, as much as I hate to say it.
That would mean another year of dreadful play, learning the system, etc, but I don't know if I can take much more of the mundane play calling and weekly preparation from the coaching staff.

Fire Childress.
Draft QB (although I still like TJack).
Install new offensive system.
Good luck keeping our defense together while we do this.

Quietly in PA,

Sruman.

fanfrom1969
11-11-2007, 05:09 PM
"Frostbite" wrote:

That happens to this Franchise all the time.....look at Moss this season. We have had a carousel of players come in and go out....only go to other teams and shine. Not sure what gives with that....money and ?? I don't know

Cheers!

I still agree with the Moss trade and Robinson cut. If those guys wanna get on the organization for dismissing them- fine. They were both very skilled and I would have absolutely loved for them to stay- and it kills me to see them playing so well- but they've got to remember - they are highly paid professionals- paid to play... not to coach- but respect the coaches, not to comment on coaching, not to be irresponsible off the field, not to disrespect the team by walking off before the game ends. If they can play and act responsibly in New England and GB, then they can play and act that that way in Minn. the point is, they didn't- they thought they were above the standard. Set a standard and deal appropriately with those who violate it. And I still agree with Philly in the Owens and Chicago in the Williams situations too.

Toro
11-11-2007, 05:14 PM
That was beyond embarrassing.

Until we get a pass defense that doesn't suck, we're going to get hammered every time we play a good passing team.

It looks like Bollinger isn't the answer either.

PurpleGator
11-11-2007, 05:19 PM
How bad is Peterson hurt?

Is it really bad or just a little shaken up.

PacNWVike
11-11-2007, 05:21 PM
Let's think about this...
A TWO man rush, nine guys fall back to cover and there is STILL a slacker receiver wide open for a touchdown!
:o
Lord help us...

PurpleGator
11-11-2007, 05:23 PM
WE SUCK!

idahovikefan7
11-11-2007, 05:26 PM
"PurpleGator" wrote:

Well they said he was running down the sideline after it happened so i don't think it's too bad. Lets just pray it isn't.

tb04512
11-11-2007, 05:33 PM
brooks is the man ::) ::) ::)

sruman
11-11-2007, 05:35 PM
"Toro" wrote:

That was beyond embarrassing.

Until we get a pass defense that doesn't suck, we're going to get hammered every time we play a good passing team.

It looks like Bollinger isn't the answer either.

Boy, there a news flash!!

NordicNed
11-11-2007, 05:37 PM
"idahovikefan7" wrote:

"PurpleGator" wrote:

Well they said he was running down the sideline after it happened so i don't think it's too bad. Lets just pray it isn't.

I heard it was just a deep thigh bruise.....But those can be painfull...

PurpleGator
11-11-2007, 05:40 PM
"NordicNed" wrote:

"idahovikefan7" wrote:

"PurpleGator" wrote:

We still suck and one man can't make a team.
Do you think Green Bay was ready for the run? Or do you think they all missed Sportcenter for the last week showing how Peterson broke the single NFL game rushing record.

GreenBaySlackers
11-11-2007, 05:40 PM
I just heard a clip from childress' post game press conference.
He is talking like someone who knows they don't have very much job security...

tb04512
11-11-2007, 05:41 PM
"NordicNed" wrote:

"idahovikefan7" wrote:

"PurpleGator" wrote:

he wanted to go back in childress said post game

cajunvike
11-11-2007, 05:47 PM
"NordicNed" wrote:

"idahovikefan7" wrote:

"PurpleGator" wrote:

Nope...knee sprain...MRI tomorrow:

http://www.kare11.com/sports/sports_article.aspx?storyid=269385

ultravikingfan
11-11-2007, 05:52 PM
It is interesting that I do not hear as much scowls about our Defense today.
Mainly the gripe is with the O.

Our D was pathetic in every aspect.
Favre torched us.
Grant smoked us.

Did our D think that our O was going to carry the team?

Brooks > TJ (still)

tb04512
11-11-2007, 05:52 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"NordicNed" wrote:

"idahovikefan7" wrote:

"PurpleGator" wrote:

Nope...knee sprain...MRI tomorrow:

http://www.kare11.com/sports/sports_article.aspx?storyid=269385

where the hell have u been?

tb04512
11-11-2007, 05:53 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Favre torched us.
Grant smoked us.

Brooks > TJ (still)

LOL funniest thing ive read all day

PurpleGator
11-11-2007, 05:55 PM
I think T-Will is bad luck.

We did better without him.

ultravikingfan
11-11-2007, 05:56 PM
"tb04512" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Favre torched us.
Grant smoked us.

Brooks > TJ (still)

Didn't say he was good, but still better than TJ.
;)

mnvikes61
11-11-2007, 05:57 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Favre torched us.
Grant smoked us.

Brooks > TJ (still)

I thought the defense was even worse than our offense today. They could not stop the Packers from doing anything, and I lost count of the number of missed tackles. It reminded me of the first years I was watching the Vikings except our offense was lousy this time as well.

ConnecticutViking
11-11-2007, 05:58 PM
"tb04512" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
[quote]

Favre torched us.
Grant smoked us.

Brooks > TJ (still)

Dude... Look at the scoreboard...Does it really matter.
Here is a game summary

We couldn't stop the Pack
We couldn't move the ball

PurpleGator
11-11-2007, 05:59 PM
"ConnecticutViking" wrote:

"tb04512" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
[quote]

Favre torched us.
Grant smoked us.

Brooks > TJ (still)

Dude... Look at the scoreboard...Does it really matter.
Here is a game summary

We couldn't stop the Pack
We couldn't move the ball

They were who we thought they were!

scottishvike
11-11-2007, 06:00 PM
I'm sick of seeing opposition receivers getting the ball with the Nearest Vike being 5 yards away.
I'm sick of seeing opposition QB's go through every game with little or no pressure.
I'm sick of seeing opposition teams converting on third down more often than not.
I'm sick of seeing us fail to convert on third down.
I'm sick of seeing stupid penalties.
I'm sick of PR disasters.
I'm sick of not having a QB that looks like he's a QB.
I'm sick of 4 yard passes on 3rd and 10.
I'm sick of writing this list, because it's just depressing me.

I had been willing to give Childress time to sort it all out, but I've had enough now. Peterson and possibly Rice apart the only direction he has taken us is backwards, could someone point me in the direction of the Fire Brad bandwagon I want to jump on it.

Schutz
11-11-2007, 06:01 PM
I just couldn't believe our defense couldn't make any adjustments, try anything for crying out loud.
We ran the same defense the whole game almost no blitzing and the entire game Favre kept completing passes to his right on the flat and we didn't do one damn adjustment to stop it.

ultravikingfan
11-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Can either of you not post inside the quoted text?

tb04512
11-11-2007, 06:08 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"tb04512" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Favre torched us.
Grant smoked us.

Brooks > TJ (still)

;)

i disagree, every game we have won tjack is the starter
;)

Webby
11-11-2007, 06:12 PM
"tb04512" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"tb04512" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Favre torched us.
Grant smoked us.

Brooks > TJ (still)

;)

;)

Hell, those games Bono could have started and we would win.
She's got as strong and accurate an arm as TJack.

SpanishVikingo
11-11-2007, 06:13 PM
Great posts everybody.
I love this thread, win or lose always informational and entertaining. Keep up the good work.

Is it just me or is this loss more embarrassing than the "Love Boat" event?

Webby
11-11-2007, 06:14 PM
"SpanishVikingo" wrote:

Great posts everybody.
I love this thread, win or lose always informational and entertaining. Keep up the good work.

Is it just me or is this loss more embarrassing than the "Love Boat" event?

The only that was missing amongst all the blowing was someone pissing on the grass on the way out.

ultravikingfan
11-11-2007, 06:17 PM
"tb04512" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"tb04512" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Favre torched us.
Grant smoked us.

Brooks > TJ (still)

;)

;)

LOL!
None our 3 wins were because of him.

tb04512
11-11-2007, 06:25 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"tb04512" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"tb04512" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Favre torched us.
Grant smoked us.

Brooks > TJ (still)

;)

;)

LOL!
None our 3 wins were because of him.

lol good stat though isnt it?

RK.
11-11-2007, 06:25 PM
The Positives from this game.

1 Positively need at least 2 new QB's
2 Positively need a secondary that can stop the pass
3 Positively need receivers that can get open.
4 Positively need better game planning
4 Positively need a pass rush.
6 Positively need consistent play from our lines (both of them)
8 Positively need new WR's
9 Positively need new DB's
10 Positively need to drop the cover2 if it isn't working.
11 Positively need to run some freakin screen passes.
12 Positively need to run plays that give us a chance to convert on 3rd down.
13 Positively need some team leaders on the field that can pump people up.
14 Positively need better all around coaching.
15 Positively need to stop losing to the fucking Packers.
16 Positively need something to cheer about.

See there are some positives from this game....
::)

TheKnuck
11-11-2007, 06:33 PM
ej looked good.
that is about it.
was it me or did we miss a million tackles today?
I love how we run routes short of the first down.
How can this team and wr core expect to get the remaining yards after the catch?
Not going to happen against a good D.
I'm embarrased today and tommorro when i have to go to work with all the packer fans.

NDVikingFan66
11-11-2007, 06:36 PM
I can sum up today's game in 1 word....

Wow

Enough said

michaelmazid
11-11-2007, 06:37 PM
I just hope AP didn't tear anything up in his knee.

Besides him, we sucked it up really badly. I had to turn off my tv in the 3rd quarter.

scottishvike
11-11-2007, 06:41 PM
"TheKnuck" wrote:

ej looked good.
that is about it.
was it me or did we miss a million tackles today?
I love how we run routes short of the first down.
How can this team and wr core expect to get the remaining yards after the catch?
Not going to happen against a good D.
I'm embarrased today and tommorro when i have to go to work with all the packer fans.

That's the one good thing I have none of my friends or workmates care about the NFL, so I avoid all of that. At the same time I don't have it when we win, so it's a double edged sword really, I'm still embarrassed inside though.
:-[

VikingMike
11-11-2007, 06:44 PM
"RK." wrote:

15 Positively need to stop losing to the fricken Packers.

Amen...how about a game plan that includes some creativity and imagination? It did not take much thought to go out and give it to AD. Once in a while we need to complete a pass. GB showed more imagination on one drive than we did ALL DAY. We were outplayed today by a better team...but more importantly, we were outcoached BIG TIME. Period, case closed.

Crunchem
11-11-2007, 06:45 PM
The Major problem with this team is childress!
The same problems this team had last are still there...He did nothing to fix it in the off season.
Same dumb play calls from mister stubborn!!! Defense with no rush, no cover corners and a bad scheme!

The fans are sick of his stubbornness And if watching today is any indication the team has given up on him to.
Oh and his answer today "if the team wasn't prepared then I guess Its on me"
Good lord...IF? He must be smoking some really good stuff!

jessejames09
11-11-2007, 06:46 PM
Get ready to be 'drawed' 'screened' and 'shovel passed' all year.

BBQ Platypus
11-11-2007, 06:54 PM
Wow - what a colossal waste of time, money, and talent the Brad Childress era has turned out to be.

Could this really be the solid, well-prepared team who beat the Chargers last Sunday?
It's as if Childress, Bevell, and Frazier looked at a tape of all the things the team did right last week and decided to do the exact opposite.
The playcalling was gutless and uninspired (especially on the defensive side of the ball), the execution was limp and listless (can't they even get their team to come out and play hard against their ARCHRIVALS!?!?), and Bollinger looked like he had never thrown a football in his life.

This team is no more disciplined or in sync than it was before Childress took over.
We're still committing the same stupid penalties and making the same stupid mistakes.
Even worse, if this team gets backed up at all - even on first down - the drive is doomed to failure because Childress and Co. have "molded" an offense incapable (and unwilling) to go more than 4 yards per passing play.
AD can't do it all by himself, you know.

I am not exaggerating when I say that I blame Childress for EVERYTHING.
He was the mastermind behind our horrendous failure to pick up a veteran QB in free agency.
He is the one responsible for our "Kick-Ass Offense" failing to materialize.
He's had all the resources he could possibly want to mold this team in his image, and he hasn't even shown any progress.
He should be fired at the end of the season.
Hell, we could fire him NOW and it wouldn't make a difference.
This team has no coach.

C Mac D
11-11-2007, 07:00 PM
"BBQ" wrote:

Wow - what a colossal waste of time, money, and talent the Brad Childress era has turned out to be.

Could this really be the solid, well-prepared team who beat the Chargers last Sunday?
It's as if Childress, Bevell, and Frazier looked at a tape of all the things the team did right last week and decided to do the exact opposite.
The playcalling was gutless and uninspired (especially on the defensive side of the ball), the execution was limp and listless (can't they even get their team to come out and play hard against their ARCHRIVALS!?!?), and Bollinger looked like he had never thrown a football in his life.

This team is no more disciplined or in sync than it was before Childress took over.
We're still committing the same stupid penalties and making the same stupid mistakes.
Even worse, if this team gets backed up at all - even on first down - the drive is doomed to failure because Childress and Co. have "molded" an offense incapable (and unwilling) to go more than 4 yards per passing play.

He was the mastermind behind our horrendous failure to pick up a veteran QB in free agency.
He is the one responsible for our "Kick-Ass Offense" failing to materialize.
He's had all the resources he could possibly want to mold this team in his image, and he hasn't even shown any progress.
This team has no coach.

I couldn't agree more...

Look at the picture below... do you think anything about this guy screams "Football" or "Kick Ass"... He wouldn't know a kick-ass offense if it kicked him in the ass:

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/7605/chillygc7.png

Purplemania
11-11-2007, 07:03 PM
So it's a deal.

You guys draw Chilly out, and I'll whack him with a hammer. Then we go celebrate the end of this atrocious era!

NodakPaul
11-11-2007, 07:05 PM
"NDVikingFan66" wrote:

Wow

Enough said

Your word was much nicer than the one I used...

Big C
11-11-2007, 07:08 PM
Bah!

We were thoroughly out-coached and out-played both offensively and defensively by a team playing very good football. The game was over in the first half with our defense playing zone all day and the offense not getting anything going.

I don't understand what the hell we were doing defensively, and why the offensive playbook didn't open up with Bollinger starting. We almost looked like an offense that was too arrogant to pass in the first half.

It's really hard to support Childress with a product like that on the field. He has one more year in my books to reach the playoffs. To not have any talent at skill positions on offense (save AP) in your second year is inexcusable. I am so mad right now, I am ready to call for his head based on the quality of FA and the draft next year.

Rebuilding sucks
:(.

VikingMike
11-11-2007, 07:11 PM
"BBQ" wrote:

He is the one responsible for our "Kick-jiggly butt Offense" failing to materialize.
This team has no coach.

Agreed 100%...he is NO MATCH for most of the coaches in this league. Also, we need a top-notch football guy running this team. The time has come...I hope Wilf sees it before more valuable time is lost.

NDVikingFan66
11-11-2007, 07:12 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"NDVikingFan66" wrote:

Wow

Enough said

Your word was much nicer than the one I used...

I used that word too, but since kids come here at times, I used a cleaner version of the word

shockzilla
11-11-2007, 07:19 PM
To see them completely outplayed, out coached, out-everythinged was really disappointing. I have officially jumped off the Childress bandwagon.

C Mac D
11-11-2007, 07:20 PM
"shockzilla" wrote:

To see them completely outplayed, out coached, out-everythinged was really disappointing. I have officially jumped off the Childress bandwagon.

Welcome my friend. You can join us for the "Childress is Gone Holiday" the day he gets fired.

It will be a celebration for the ages.

MaxVike
11-11-2007, 07:20 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, you can criticize Childress at your leisure, however, is it as clear to you as it is to me that our team simply does not have many options?
Even though your rants for his head may ultimately be valid, I'm not sure if I'm totally convinced he's an idiot as many of VikingNation is.
What should he have done differently today, Adrian Peterson isn't gonna run for 200+ every game?
Let's break this down:

Position

Advantage
QB

Packers - by a landslide
RB

Vikings - by a landslide
WR

Packers - by a landslide
O-Line

Push - I'm being generous
D-Line

Packers
LineBackers

Packers
Defensive Backs

Packers

As Baldinger pointed out, our passing game is anemic.
We have a star RB, a decent offensive line, developing receivers, however, we DO NOT HAVE A QB.
We have not "turned the corner."

Favre kicked our jiggly butt's today, as much as I despise the Packers, I respect Brett Favre's accomplishments and his leadership.
I can't wait until we get a good QB...this is painful.

SKOL
11-11-2007, 07:24 PM
"C" wrote:

The Chiller can't even get his spelling right.
It's douche

C Mac D
11-11-2007, 07:25 PM
"SKOL" wrote:

"C" wrote:

The Chiller can't even get his spelling right.
It's douche

A bit late... I corrected it awhile ago.

GreenBaySlackers
"MaxVike" wrote:

Ladies and Gentlemen, you can criticize Childress at your leisure, however, is it as clear to you as it is to me that our team simply does not have many options?
Even though your rants for his head may ultimately be valid, I'm not sure if I'm totally convinced he's an idiot as many of VikingNation is.
What should he have done differently today, Adrian Peterson isn't gonna run for 200+ every game?
Let's break this down:

Position

Advantage
QB

Packers - by a landslide
RB

Vikings - by a landslide
WR

Packers - by a landslide
O-Line

D-Line

Packers
LineBackers

Packers
Defensive Backs

Packers

We have a star RB, a decent offensive line, developing receivers, however, we DO NOT HAVE A QB.

Favre kicked our jiggly butt's today, as much as I despise the Packers, I respect Brett Favre's accomplishments and his leadership.

I think those are probably a push also.
Our interior line is elite and there's is... not.
There ends are amazing and ours are average.
Push.
LB's are in my mind at least pretty much equal in every aspect.

We are pissed at childress for way more than this game.
This is just a point where we are exceptionally pissed that he let us get shut out.
Worse than shut out-- he let us get shut down.

Purplemania
Even so MaxVike, 34-0? 3fricken4 - zero?

And we understand the talent level may be different but it's not that significant enough IMHO anyways, that we couldn't have pulled one off. Our defense is just...and because they've shown that they can dominate in some of these games, I have to question the schemes and gameplanning. Offensively, it's harder to judge because Childress never opened up the play book until all was gone.

I just want the coaches to make more sense of the obvious (ya know, QB pressure and passing BEYOND the first down, things like that)!

scottishvike
11-11-2007, 07:32 PM
"MaxVike" wrote:

Let's break this down:

Position

Advantage
QB

Packers - by a landslide
RB

Vikings - by a landslide
WR

Packers - by a landslide
O-Line

D-Line

Packers
LineBackers

Packers
Defensive Backs

Packers

It isn't this one game that has done it for me, it's more the straw that broke the camels back. You get sick off seeing the same problems week after week without resolution. I was willing to give the guy a chance but that's it for me now, unless Childress goes I can't see us improving at all.

VikingMike
11-11-2007, 07:42 PM
"MaxVike" wrote:

Let's break this down:

Position

Advantage
QB

Packers - by a landslide
RB

Vikings - by a landslide
WR

Packers - by a landslide
O-Line

D-Line

Packers
LineBackers

Packers
Defensive Backs

Packers

How Coaching and Organization? McCarthy is head and shoulders and chest above Childress. His preparation is obviously ten times better than ours. And we need a football guy running the show.

DiehardVikesFan
11-11-2007, 07:50 PM
Thought-

Brett Favre has no pressure all game.
So let's only rush 3 and see if that helps.

At least our coaches are thinking (way) outside of the box I guess

marstc09
11-11-2007, 08:00 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

We didn't even try.

Keys for next year:

Get Rid of Childress (won't happen I know)

Get rid of Williamson

Overhaul the WR, QB, RT, positions.

If there is a suitable D-Coordinator out there, sign him too

Sign another verteran corner

I was wondering this myself. What was that all about? I just do not get it.
:-

MaxVike
11-11-2007, 08:39 PM
"VikingMike" wrote:

"MaxVike" wrote:

Let's break this down:

Position

Advantage
QB

Packers - by a landslide
RB

Vikings - by a landslide
WR

Packers - by a landslide
O-Line

D-Line

Packers
LineBackers

Packers
Defensive Backs

Packers

How about Coaching and Organization? McCarthy is head and shoulders and chest above Childress. His preparation is obviously ten times better than ours. And we need a football guy running the show.

Agreed.

marstc09
11-11-2007, 08:48 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

First let me say that the Packer fans (not gonna use PUKER) showed some class when AD got up after the knee injury.
Well done my green and gold friends.

Second let me say that you guys have a great team.
Very nice ass whuppin.
Good luck the rest of the way this year.
Represent the NFC North with class.

Face it people we were beat by a better team.
Not much else to say.

Negatives.

3-4.
I think there is a time to use this wrinkle and today wasn't it.

Sharper.
Way to step up. Especially when you came over with your ball hawking skills and basically knocked the ball out of Griffs hands.
Great job my friend.
I hope I see lots of articles this week about you talking crap about the guys stepping up.

Pass Rush.
Anyone else think we don't need a stud DE.
Better draft one and use some of our CAP money on one or we will continue to let the QB's of this league stand back there all damn day long throwing passes.
One good thing though, we won't have to worry about our CB's getting fat cause they will be running all over the field trying to stay with WR's.

Tackling.
What is up with that today?

Memo Memo Memo Memo.
If this staff had any kindof convidence left it you it went out the door today my friend.
Very sad.

Coaching staff.
I don't care how much people say we
need to run run run run.
When you are down by 21 points in the 3rd quarter you need to start passing.
Anyone, I mean anyone want to argue that with me?
One good thing we got to see the team attempt to pass the ball, albeit against a prevent defense.

Props. (not many to give out)

Kluwe.
Great job today.
Unfortunately a wasted effort my friend.

EJ.
Good hustle my friend.
Seemed like you, Leber, Chad and the secondary were the only part of the D that came to play.

OL.
Not a bad effort however, I am not totally convinced that you couldn't have done a bit better.
Pocket was there, time was allowed.

Packer Fans.
Again, very good job today.
My opinion of you guys and gals isn't very good but you showed true class today.

Long story short, this is the first game this year that I was utterly disappointed in the effort by just about the whole team.

Until we get a QB and a DE that can pressure the QB the better teams will continue to use us as doormats and make me feel like shit.

You should have been at the guy.

BigMoInAZ
11-11-2007, 08:53 PM
How bout showing up to play the game!!

Childress SUCKS and this team has quit on him!

God help VikingFan Nation cause it ain't gonna get any easier!

First regular season shutout since 1991!
First four game loss to the PACKTURDS in history!
First Shutout Loss to the PACKTURDS in 93 games!

FIRE THE BUM TOMORROW ZYGI!
ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN WHAT WE'VE SEEN IN THE LAST 25 GAMES! (9-16)

Meathead Tice was 12-13 with less talent and a supposedly worse OWNERSHIP!

Hey Zygi!!!
Did you watch the game today???

PurplePowerPunch
11-11-2007, 08:53 PM
All I want right now is Brad Childress fired. I watch the game at the bar, and I couldn't even drink. I;m so pissed right. We've quit on Childress, today showed it all.

NodakPaul
11-11-2007, 08:59 PM
"BigMoInAZ" wrote:

Hey Zygi!!!

Less talent?
Are you kidding me?

umaguma1979
11-11-2007, 08:59 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Childress fires Frazier - he needs a fall guy.
There is too much talent on the Vikings defense to give up 34 points.

NodakPaul
11-11-2007, 09:00 PM
"umaguma1979" wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if Childress fires Frazier - he needs a fall guy.
There is too much talent on the Vikings defense to give up 34 points.

Firing the DC halfway through the season is just as asinine as firing the head coach halfway through the season.
It isn't going to happen.

ConnecticutViking
11-11-2007, 09:02 PM
If you pressure Farvre he will make mistakes... Rushing 2 and 3 guys won't get it done.
Better to lose the rest of the way out... Get a high draft pick and hopefully a new coaching STAFF

Caine
11-11-2007, 09:07 PM
Cheer up, folks.
At least Childress won his Fantasy Football match up this week.
He has Green Bay's Defense, and the points he got from them put him over the top.

YAY CHILLY!!!!!!

Caine

wolfpack
11-11-2007, 09:10 PM
dont be so hard on the team Green Bay is 8-1 and we waxed you earlier on the road. what really did you expect today with no QB?

the PAck is playing well in every phase opf the game. TOo bad for the Vikes that our run defense is one of our strengths. The North crown is heading back to Wisconsin this year.

I hope AP recovers well. oh..... and beat the Lions! Go Pack....go WolfPack!

MaxVike
11-11-2007, 09:14 PM
"wolfpack" wrote:

dont be so hard on the team Green Bay is 8-1 and we waxed you earlier on the road. what really did you expect today with no QB?

the PAck is playing well in every phase opf the game. TOo bad for the Vikes that our run defense is one of our strengths. The North crown is heading back to Wisconsin this year.

Agreed.
except for the end of your post

marstc09
11-11-2007, 09:27 PM
"Crunchem" wrote:

The Major problem with this team is childress!
The same problems this team had last are still there...He did nothing to fix it in the off season.
Same dumb play calls from mister stubborn!!! Defense with no rush, no cover corners and a bad scheme!

The fans are sick of his stubbornness And if watching today is any indication the team has given up on him to.
Oh and his answer today "if the team wasn't prepared then I guess Its on me"
Good lord...IF? He must be smoking some really good stuff!

Nope. Quarterback!

PurpleGator
11-11-2007, 09:27 PM
"wolfpack" wrote:

Who is this cat?

Do we really need this?

BadlandsVikings
11-11-2007, 09:29 PM
It looks like they're going to make out

http://assets.espn.go.com/media/apphoto/eccd4aa4-227e-46c9-bc08-10b5f42a11bf.jpg

marstc09
11-11-2007, 09:31 PM
QB: F, We clearly need a guy in here that can get the job done and stay healthy. TJ can not stay healthy and needs to sit and learn. Kelly Holcomb is not the answer. Bollinger was throwing some bad passes that left me saying, WTF! Get McNabb in here next year.

RB: B, Peterson getting injured hurt and I was very concerned when he went down. I hope he is ok. He looked ok but you never know. This is the reason we need to keep Taylor. Chester played very well but at that point it did not matter because we had to throw the ball. This guys are good but they can only do so much. We need a QB.

WR: Incomplete, because our QB can’t get them the ball. Robert Ferguson surprised me. I did not even know Sidney Rice was injured. Bobby Wade looked good. Too bad we do not have a QB to get them the ball. The reason we had so many passing yards at the end was because GB was playing soft. Yet we still can’t put up any points. I do like our receivers.

TE: Incomplete, we need a QB!

OL: B-, Did not help out Peterson and Bollinger much but they were ok. Our left side is set but we need to get some help on the right. This should be our main goal of the draft and free agency.

DL: F, No pass rush at all. No run stop at all in the first half. Grant, 119 yards and a TD. WTF! What happen to these guys?

LB: C, Not much blitzing today but GB used a lot of four wide. Not very good against the run today. EJ is still a stud.

CB: C-, We are hurting without Winfield. How long is he going to be out. Marcus got burned a lot. Cedric looked ok for the most part but he also got burnt a couple times. Again I saw a lot of missed tackles out of these guys. We need to think about bringing in another good CB next year.

S: D, All that talk by Sharper and he did jack shit. Wait he did he run into Cedric twice. Pathetic.

ST: A, Kluwe looked awesome. Longwell didn’t even get a chance. Coverage looked good.

Coaching: F, Was anyone coaching this team this week in practice and during the game. Can we call a pass to get more than 5 yards? No wonder our 3rd down conversion rate was so bad. Please bring McNabb in here so you can at least do something right.

Overall: F, We flat out sucked. Lack of execution and we were not prepared. It is so hard to judge this team and coaching staff when you have no QB. What is a team without a QB? Nothing.

Side notes:
That non-hit on Farve by Udeze was bullshit. Farve is an actor and a bitch. Udeze barely hit him with his arm. Oh but it is Farve and he gets the call.

Al Harris is a pussy. Did he really have to go low on Peterson when they were already crushing us? I officially hate this guy.

5 Vikings around one of Ruvell Martins TDs. Is anyone going to cover him? Where you guys picking your noses?

We got shutout!

Koren Robinson, we sure could use you right now. Nevermind we have no QB!

BadlandsVikings
11-11-2007, 09:34 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

QB: F, We clearly need a guy in here that can get the job done and stay healthy. TJ can not stay healthy and needs to sit and learn. Kelly Holcomb is not the answer. Bollinger was throwing some bad passes that left me saying, WTF! Get McNabb in here next year.

RB: B, Peterson getting injured hurt and I was very concerned when he went down. I hope he is ok. He looked ok but you never know. This is the reason we need to keep Taylor. Chester played very well but at that point it did not matter because we had to throw the ball. This guys are good but they can only do so much. We need a QB.

WR: Incomplete, because our QB can’t get them the ball. Robert Ferguson surprised me. I did not even know Sidney Rice was injured. Bobby Wade looked good. Too bad we do not have a QB to get them the ball. The reason we had so many passing yards at the end was because GB was playing soft. Yet we still can’t put up any points. I do like our receivers.

OL: B-, Did not help out Peterson and Bollinger much but they were ok. Our left side is set but we need to get some help on the right. This should be our main goal of the draft and free agency.

DL: F, No pass rush at all. No run stop at all in the first half. Grant, 119 yards and a TD. WTF! What happen to these guys?

LB: C, Not much blitzing today but GB used a lot of four wide. Not very good against the run today. EJ is still a stud.

CB: C-, We are hurting without Winfield. How long is he going to be out. Marcus got burned a lot. Cedric looked ok for the most part but he also got burnt a couple times. Again I saw a lot of missed tackles out of these guys. We need to think about bringing in another good CB next year.

S: D, All that talk by Sharper and he did jack shit. Wait he did he ran into Cedric twice. Pathetic.

ST: A, Kluwe looked awesome. Longwell didn’t even get a chance. Coverage looked good.

Coaching: F, Was anyone coaching this team this week in practice and during the game. Can we call a pass to get more than 5 yards? No wonder our 3rd down conversion rate was so bad. Please bring McNabb in here so you can at least do something right.

Overall: F, We flat out sucked. Lack of execution and we were not prepared. It is so hard to judge this team and coaching staff when you have no QB. What is a team without a QB? Nothing.

Side notes:
That non-hit on Farve by Udeze was bullshit. Farve is an actor and a bitch. Udeze barely hit him with his arm. Oh but it is Farve and he gets the call.

Al Harris is a pussy. Did he really have to go low on Peterson when they were already crushing us? I officially hate this guy.

5 Vikings around one of Ruvell Martins TDs. Is anyone going to cover him? Where you guys picking your noses?

We got shutout!

http://assets.espn.go.com/media/apphoto/f2354fca-3124-44a8-8038-608b8f0b53a8.jpg

singersp
11-11-2007, 09:35 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/smilies/bigdick.jpg

vikinggreg
11-11-2007, 09:36 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:

http://assets.espn.go.com/media/apphoto/eccd4aa4-227e-46c9-bc08-10b5f42a11bf.jpg

I think Favre is telling Chili about his honeymoon ;D

marstc09
11-11-2007, 09:41 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:

He should be saying, I wish I had a QB like you.

NodakPaul
11-11-2007, 09:43 PM
"singersp" wrote:

Damn.
Now I'm doubly depressed. ;D

singersp
11-11-2007, 09:45 PM

What's with those stocking caps anyways?

Hell it wasn't even cold out & the Packers are supposed to love the cold weather.

singersp
11-11-2007, 09:46 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

Damn.

At least you still have those Super Bowl tickets.
;)

marstc09
11-11-2007, 09:49 PM
"singersp" wrote:

What's with those stocking caps anyways?

Hell it wasn't even cold out & the Packers are supposed to love the cold weather.

He is a baby. Wahhhh Udeze brushed me with his arm. I want a penalty. I am Brett Farve, bow down to me.

NodakPaul
11-11-2007, 09:50 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

gol 'darnit.

;)

Whoo Hoo!
Happy again! :D

snowinapril
11-11-2007, 09:58 PM
You start firing coaches and you end up with Randy Whitman

http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/randy_wittman.jpg

snowinapril
11-11-2007, 10:01 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

gol 'darnit.

;)

Whoo Hoo!

Just think you might get to see the Pack play!
Cheer Up you have a lot to look forward to.

BadlandsVikings
11-11-2007, 10:04 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

gol 'darnit.

;)

Whoo Hoo!

Plus he has to pay for them

Rambro
11-11-2007, 10:07 PM
Did anybody get in Harris' face after the hit to Adrian Peterson's knee?
Or at least take some shots at Farve?
I bet you he was tryin to get back at the Vikings for that hit on Farve while he was tryin to slide.

x-ray jeff
11-11-2007, 10:11 PM
Harris had to go low or he would have been run over.

Vikingryche
11-11-2007, 10:11 PM
Didnt read all the posts on this subject, so dont know if anyone said this!!
That had to be the worst defensive gameplan that the coaches had.
Lets sit back in zone , get no pressure, let the hall of fame QB pick us apart...
You have gotta pressure Brett, forces turnovers..
Pretty stupid gameplan IMHO..

Bcor804
11-11-2007, 10:20 PM
"Rambro" wrote:

Did anybody get in Harris' face after the hit to Adrian Peterson's knee?
Or at least take some shots at Farve?
I bet you he was tryin to get back at the Vikings for that hit on Farve while he was tryin to slide.

marstc09
11-11-2007, 10:21 PM
"x-ray" wrote:

He should have got run over and took it like a man. He made a bitch move and went low. He could have blew out Petersons knee.

NodakPaul
11-11-2007, 10:22 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

gol 'darnit.

;)

Whoo Hoo!

Plus he has to pay for them

Aaannd sad again.
:(

Actually, I don't mind the paying for it part.
I am gladly shelling out the $1400.
And my wife's boss has a house he doesn't use in Phoenix, so we may have someplace to stay for free too.

As for the Pack, if they are in the superbowl, I will be wearing an AFC hat.

NodakPaul
11-11-2007, 10:23 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

"x-ray" wrote:

He should have got run over and took it like a man. He made a beeyatch move and went low. He could have blew out Petersons knee.

Agreed.
It was a bitch move.
But it was also legal.
I honestly think they should revisit that.
Too many knee injuries in football IMHO.

marstc09
11-11-2007, 11:27 PM
"RK." wrote:

I disagree. From what I saw today they got open. Bollinger obviously couldn't hit a receiver consistantly if his life depended on it. We need a QB. This group for the most part is catching the balls that are thrown to them. The problem is getting the ball to them.

Schutz
11-12-2007, 12:22 AM
16 for 26 176 yards and one int that should have been a very easy Moore reception possibly for a TD.
He wasn't allowed to throw down field in the first half and when he did throw down field in the second he hit his target fairly well, all and all I didn't think Bollinger did all that bad.
I say he gets another game.

What do you guys think?

jkjuggalo
11-12-2007, 12:28 AM
Nah...I still want to give TJ a fair shot at winning the starting job for next year.
We must have a large enough sample to evaluate him before we go out and get a QB next season.

RK.
11-12-2007, 12:30 AM
"marstc09" wrote:

"RK." wrote:

I disagree. From what I saw today they got open. Bollinger obviously couldn't hit a receiver consistantly if his life depended on it. We need a QB. This group for the most part is catching the balls that are thrown to them. The problem is getting the ball to them.

Our recievers have been dropping balls all season.

Also what is that pic of Favre and Chilly all about.
Does Childress not realize that the Packers are our most hated rival?
Why is he standing there with his arm around a guy that just handed him the biggest regular season defeat in Viking history.
Wouldn't a polite handshake and get the hell out of there be enough?
Chilly has a look on his face that says, "thanks for lubing me up first".
I think I want to puke.

tb04512
11-12-2007, 12:31 AM
"Schutz" wrote:

16 for 26 176 yards and one int that should have been a very easy Moore reception possibly for a TD.
He wasn't allowed to throw down field in the first half and when he did throw down field in the second he hit his target fairly well, all and all I didn't think Bollinger did all that bad.

What do you guys think?

i think 7 yards passing until late in the 3rd quarter is horrible, he padded his stats in "Garbage time" and he threw the pass to moore behind him on his back shoulder could have been caught but woulda been a hard catch....
and no to another game, why should he get another one? he has shown time and time again he is average at best and a 2nd or 3rd stringer at best, JAckson on the other side has potential, and we need to give him the season to see if he can progress or if he is super injury prone etc

marstc09
11-12-2007, 12:36 AM
"Schutz" wrote:

What do you guys think?

Moore was not at fault. That was a bad pass.
All those completions were against a soft prevent defense. I hope TJ gets healthy so he can get some practicein this year before McNabb takes over next year.

Ltrey33
11-12-2007, 12:37 AM
"RK." wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"RK." wrote:

Our recievers have been dropping balls all season.

Also what is that pic of Favre and Chilly all about.
Does Childress not realize that the Packers are our most hated rival?
Why is he standing there with his arm around a guy that just handed him the biggest regular season defeat in Viking history.
Wouldn't a polite handshake and get the hell out of there be enough?
Chilly has a look on his face that says, "thanks for lubing me up first".
I think I want to puke.

The fact that we can't get the job done, or even look remotely like a passing offense, says to me that 1) our quarterbacks SUCK too badly to make anything happen themselves and 2) our system SUCKS so badly that we can't even make bad players look a little less awful.

It's really a bad combination.

Frostbite
11-12-2007, 12:45 AM
"tb04512" wrote:

"Schutz" wrote:

What do you guys think?

i think 7 yards passing until late in the 3rd quarter is horrible, he padded his stats in "Garbage time" and he threw the pass to moore behind him on his back shoulder could have been caught but woulda been a hard catch....
and no to another game, why should he get another one? he has shown time and time again he is average at best and a 2nd or 3rd stringer at best, JAckson on the other side has potential, and we need to give him the season to see if he can progress or if he is super injury prone etc

I
don't understand why you guys think this was Bollingers fault???? The plays were coming in from the sidelines and we didn't even try a play action pass or any down field routes at all in the first half.

It's easy to be critical of Bollinger in the second half being we were already down 20 Zip. I really don't think BB got much help offensively today. Rice being out of action and dropped balls didn't help his cause either.

T. Jack would not have made any difference today. Greenbay came to play from the Coaching on down to the players. They were ready and we were not. Simple as That.

Cheers!

Purplemania
11-12-2007, 12:49 AM
I'm not even sure if I want McNabb. The guy is washed up and still very inconstantly inaccurate. I suppose though, if bringing him in means Childress will be comfortable enough to open up the play book, I'll take it.

As for Bollinger, the reason we didn't throw it more in the first half was because the few times we actually attempted to throw, Brooks was off target. Man, I had hope for at least a decent game after the SD showdown. What happened to the quick releases, slants, and what not? If we didn't have TJ in the wings, I'd give him another shot. But seeing as how this season is done, we need to start Tarvaris so Chilly can finally see that this kid's a bust.

Metrodump
11-12-2007, 12:50 AM
Dang...AD go out wiff an injuree. Den Brett frow on us like we a high skool team. He toss fo 350 yards plus wiff 3 TDs. Numba fo suck I guess.

We could not even sco no points........WTF??????

vikesfargo
11-12-2007, 12:51 AM
A. I hope and pray Adrian Peterson is not hurt badly. Wear those knee and thigh pads, Adrian! (In his other job, he wears a cape.)

B. Never drop Pat Williams into coverage. Instead, delay blitz him. Worst case scenario is a running back trying to chuck Big Pat. That would I would like to see.

C. Our defense needs a vocal leader. EJ is good, but he isn't going to vocalize and lead. We'll probably have to draft somebody for the defense who has this personality.

D. Brooks Bollinger needs time to develop--hopefully it will be on the bench

E. We need a quarterback like Dan Marino needed a running game.

F. Our Defensive ends rush the quarterback like Nicole Ritchie rushes to McDonalds. What draft pick do we have to trade to get Jason Williams or Julius Peppers? And why have so much respect for Farve? Just blitz him and he throws it up for grabs. Childress treats him like a god -- and better than any Viking.

G. Why were the Vikings flat? Has Childress lost the team? I hope not.

H. We need a wide receiver who can get open AND catch.

I. Just kick the FG. A TD would be better but at that point you are just trying to avoid the shutout.

J. We are 1-4 against division rivals. Usually, you are trying for say .500 or better.

K. We are going to get a very high draft pick.

L. The Packers are a highly skilled, excellent team this year. That said, if you want to crown them, then crown their #%!.

M. Bring back the Brian Billick 1997 offense. First downs and everything.

N. Maybe this is Childress's last year in Minneosta. I hope he is able to put positives together and steer out of this storm, but I am nearing the jumping off the bandwagon point. Anyway, possible new head coaches include: Bill Cowher, Brian Billick, Scott Linehan, and Marty Schottenheimer. I choose Schottenheimer.

O. Murphy's Law dictates that Daunte Culpepper next week will rip off 450 yds passing, 234 yds rushing, 8 TDs, etc. I hope we beat Murphy's Law and whip the Raiders.

P. Last thought. Does Childress even care about the Vikings? Maybe he would be happier coaching another team, like the Packers.

vikesfargo
11-12-2007, 12:57 AM
We definitely want to keep Bollinger. Most likely he will be a career backup QB. Capable, competent, and not so good as to unduly pressure the starting QB. In the NFL, you need a guy like Bollinger. He's an excellent #2, especially coming off the bench.

Maybe Bollinger can start bench pressing often and get his throwing velocity up. Maybe he will be as good as Tony Romo is now. If not, though, he can have a solid career as a backup.

Frostbite
11-12-2007, 01:03 AM
"vikesfargo" wrote:

We definitely want to keep Bollinger. Most likely he will be a career backup QB. Capable, competent, and not so good as to unduly pressure the starting QB. In the NFL, you need a guy like Bollinger. He's an excellent #2, especially coming off the bench.

Maybe Bollinger can start bench pressing often and get his throwing velocity up. Maybe he will be as good as Tony Romo is now. If not, though, he can have a solid career as a backup.

I for one totally agree with you Vikesfargo....nice read.

Cheers!

Metrodump
11-12-2007, 01:04 AM
In da lazz coupla yearz, Wizconsin be representin' much mo betta den da perple. No wonda dey gets much mo recognition and accolades from the nations media as a whole. Not to mention theys gots the numba fo who wont age and still be playin' he 17th year like he wuz 12 yearz ago.

If numba fo had played fo us all deeze years, we be awl sipping up in he apple sauce big time, no doubts brothaz. You know dass tru

UTVikfan
11-12-2007, 02:25 AM
Are you people actually trying to tell me that Brooks three completions to RB's outta the backfield, in the first half, were called to the RB's? Is there a play in the books where BB drops back, sits on his thumb, then is suppose to dump it to the RB? Those were the only 3 completions BB had in the first half. IMO, I am the BB of Madden. I play an rpg mmo, not madden. When I play Madden, I don't see the field, dont' make the reads, and either just toss it to moss( Ihave '03 I think it is) or hit buttons. Bollinger, stands there and looks stupid, then dumps it to the RB. Were the recievers and TE's open? I have no idea, I watched it on tv. But someone in those plays HAD to be. Put Favre in his shoes and your smokin'. BB in Favre's shoes..ouch. BB is a GREAT #3.

How bad do we miss AWinfield? GB's rushing stats will tell you. Winfield is a beast of a tackler, we missed him. Get better soon.

I hope and pray AD is ok. What a scary, scary moment there. I vote for a planned chop block on Harris.

Marrdro says there are no adjustments. So when we rush 2 or 3, and Favre lights us up, of course we can't adjust to that and bring some heat. Pat Williams in coverage is our gameplan, and when the stupidity of that appears....no we can't adjust. No teams adjust, right, Marrdro? Andy Reid agrees with you...when Osi Ustuff on the giants has 4 sacks, get WJustice no help, cause you can't adjust....just send Osi to the pro bowl.

I am loving the coaching in a sick way. The Childress crotch sniffers should start a thread about how good he is. Just because I wanna read that and laugh. I am hoping that the fact they have to get rid of tons of tickets to avoid a blackout, EVEN WITH AD!!! is going to do the trick and get a real coach in here. Originally I thought they made a good hire with Chilly, but, I cried a little inside, that we went WCO. I also was saddened by Tampa 2. But its not just the scheme's. Heads do need to roll at the end of the year.

BigMoInAZ
11-12-2007, 02:47 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"BigMoInAZ" wrote:

Hey Zygi!!!

Less talent?
Are you kidding me?
NOPE!
Were we so talented defensively for so many years that in 2003 we lost an 11 point lead with just over 6 minutes to go in the final game of the season at AZ?
Our defense had held the Cards in check most of the day, (219 net yards, 8 sacks, 1 Int, and 5 forced fumbles, of which we recovered a big fat goose egg!)
Yet with just over 6:02 to go in the game they surrendered a 4th and 6 play that kept the Cards drive alive and they proceeded to go on and score the 12 points needed to defeat the Vikes and prevent them from winning the NFC North division and a playoff game!!

Yeah, we were really talented that season! ::)

El Vikingo
11-12-2007, 06:55 AM
Defense:We were smashed in and out during all the game,we can´t even hurry their Qb,you just can´t give Favre 10 secs in every snap .We play a prevent defense with 4 or 5 in the box for(I guess) avoiding an aerial disaster but didn´t work at all cause our secondary and corners sucked tremendously,in add if you play that kind of Def,the run-play
is easier for the opp.team that´s why the mediocre Rb of the Packers ran for over 100.
I think you must be blind If you don´t see during the game that prevent D. isn´t working at all ,you have to make up your mind and chance the scheme trying to blitz or putting some pressure on Favre.That´s what you are paid for Chilly.....

I remember a user last week
said that Chilly executed the cover 2 defense perfectly(Cover your mouth during the game and cover your ass in the press conference) ,who cares for the real cover 2 def

Offense:Worse than the D ,and that is saying a lot,how do you pretend to win a game with 0 ,I mean 0,pass completed for a Wr in all the 1 st half ?
The playcall was hilarious as well,I remember the following:

With 2 and 16 ,run.
With 4 and 10 ,a 3 yards pass.
With 3 and 10 ,run.
Being down by 20 in the 3 quarter ,keep running on and on .

I can´t remember but I am sure there are more nuggets.......

Same problems as usual,predictible and sometimes stupid playcalling,the Wr s never opened,Qb inaccurate and etc etc..

I could continue all day long with this,but I am starting to depress myself,now all the Chilldress haters have very good reasons to pick on the bald one
(you are head-coaching a team,you are suppossed to make
your players look the best way possible not the worse)

Go Vikes!!!!

singersp
11-12-2007, 07:04 AM
"El" wrote:

Defense:We were smashed in and out during all the game,we can´t even hurry their Qb,you just can´t give Favre 10 secs in every snap .We play a prevent defense with 4 or 5 in the box for(I guess) avoiding an aerial disaster but didn´t work at all cause our secondary and corners sucked tremendously,in add if you play that kind of Def,the run-play
is easier for the opp.team that´s why the mediocre Rb of the Packers ran for over 100.
I think you must be blind If you don´t see during the game that prevent D. isn´t working at all ,you have to make up your mind and chance the scheme trying to blitz or putting some pressure on Favre.That´s what you are paid for Chilly.....

I remember a user last week
said that Chilly executed the cover 2 defense perfectly(Cover your mouth during the game and cover your ass in the press conference) ,who cares for the real cover 2 def

Offense:Worse than the D ,and that is saying a lot,how do you pretend to win a game with 0 ,I mean 0,pass completed for a Wr in all the 1 st half ?
The playcall was hilarious as well,I remember the following:

With 2 and 16 ,run.
With 4 and 10 ,a 3 yards pass.
With 3 and 10 ,run.
Being down by 20 in the 3 quarter ,keep running on and on .

I can´t remember but I am sure there are more nuggets.......

Same problems as usual,predictible and sometimes stupid playcalling,the Wr s never opened,Qb inaccurate and etc etc..

I could continue all day long with this,but I am starting to depress myself,now all the Chilldress haters have very good reasons to pick on the bald one
(you are head-coaching a team,you are suppossed to make
your players look the best way possible not the worse)

Go Vikes!!!!

It was 2nd & 14 & they handed the ball off to AD, who had a 2 YD loss.

The next play was 3-16 & they handed off again.

Marrdro
11-12-2007, 08:13 AM
"UTVikfan" wrote:

Are you people actually trying to tell me that Brooks three completions to RB's outta the backfield, in the first half, were called to the RB's? Is there a play in the books where BB drops back, sits on his thumb, then is suppose to dump it to the RB? Those were the only 3 completions BB had in the first half. IMO, I am the BB of Madden. I play an rpg mmo, not madden. When I play Madden, I don't see the field, dont' make the reads, and either just toss it to moss( Ihave '03 I think it is) or hit buttons. Bollinger, stands there and looks stupid, then dumps it to the RB. Were the recievers and TE's open? I have no idea, I watched it on tv. But someone in those plays HAD to be. Put Favre in his shoes and your smokin'. BB in Favre's shoes..ouch. BB is a GREAT #3.

How bad do we miss AWinfield? GB's rushing stats will tell you. Winfield is a beast of a tackler, we missed him. Get better soon.

I hope and pray AD is ok. What a scary, scary moment there. I vote for a planned chop block on Harris.

Marrdro says there are no adjustments. So when we rush 2 or 3, and Favre lights us up, of course we can't adjust to that and bring some heat. Pat Williams in coverage is our gameplan, and when the stupidity of that appears....no we can't adjust. No teams adjust, right, Marrdro? Andy Reid agrees with you...when Osi Ustuff on the giants has 4 sacks, get WJustice no help, cause you can't adjust....just send Osi to the pro bowl.
I am loving the coaching in a sick way. The Childress crotch sniffers should start a thread about how good he is. Just because I wanna read that and laugh. I am hoping that the fact they have to get rid of tons of tickets to avoid a blackout, EVEN WITH AD!!! is going to do the trick and get a real coach in here. Originally I thought they made a good hire with Chilly, but, I cried a little inside, that we went WCO. I also was saddened by Tampa 2. But its not just the scheme's. Heads do need to roll at the end of the year.

You crack me up.

Where the hell was you negative Nancy inputs last week?
Hiding in a corner I bet as all you can bring is irrational drivel.
Frankly my friend, I honestly believe you have no clue when it comes to football.
SERIOUSLY, NO SMILEY FACE........

I bet you really believe you have some sort of indepth knowledge of football and that this whole post was a revalation that will cause the lightbulb to go on in our heads.

First, we can't bring the heat.
We tried several different ways to do it and it still didn't work.
What would you recommend my friend.
What blitzing scheme to you think would work?
I bet, as with all things, you don't have a fricken clue and don't even have the faintest idea of what I speak.

Second.
What the hell are you trying to say in the bolded part?
I'd love to answer your question, however, it made no fricken sense to me.
Really.
Damn man.
Can you type?

Please clarify and I will be happy to discuss the issue (whatever the hell it was) with you.

Marrdro
11-12-2007, 08:19 AM
"Schutz" wrote:

What do you guys think?

I'm thinking the guys on here who keep saying we don't need to pass the fricken ball cause we have AD are probably gonna be pretty quiet this week.

Balanced attack my friend. That will keep a D on its heals.
;D

singersp
11-12-2007, 08:23 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"Schutz" wrote:

What do you guys think?

I'm thinking the guys on here who keep saying we don't need to pass the fricken ball cause we have AD are probably gonna be pretty quiet this week.

Balanced attack my friend. That will keep a D on its heals.

;D

Apparently you & I know how much more effectively we moved the ball once we started passing. Where the hell was that the first half?

3-16 & we run? Boggles the mind considering they were stopping AD yesterday.

MaxVike
11-12-2007, 08:42 AM
"marstc09" wrote:

S: D, All that talk by Sharper and he did jack pooh. Wait he did he run into Cedric twice. Pathetic.

Side notes:
That non-hit on Farve by Udeze was kaka del rio. Farve is an actor and a beeyatch. Udeze barely hit him with his arm. Oh but it is Farve and he gets the call.

Al Harris is a "meow". Did he really have to go low on Peterson when they were already crushing us? I officially hate this guy.

We got shutout!

Agree with every point with the exception that I give the LBers a D.
RB ran rampant, TE had his way.
EJ had some decent hits, Leber made one play in the passing game, other than that, they sucked too.

Completely agree with your point about QB.

No life, no fire...it's almost like they were so happy with themselves about the Chargers game that they didn't care about this one.
Absolutely PATHETIC performance, ranks in top 3 worst ever IMO. >:(
1)
41-0 loss to Giants in Playoffs
2)
51-7 drubbing by the 49ers in 1984
3)
The LamBlow spanking yesterday

Nowhere to go but up.
My prayers are with you Purple Jesus...good luck today.

ultravikingfan
11-12-2007, 09:14 AM
"UTVikfan" wrote:

We do miss him.
But you cannot say that GB's rushing stats were because he was not in there.
Why?
Because we held the best RB in the league (Tomlinson) to squat and AW did not play in that game either.

Glascus
11-12-2007, 11:16 AM
I can't remember the last time a team came out so uninspired.confused, and just plain lost.
The game plan was just short of incompetent.The front line
was lack luster do to the fact that they
did not expect much running.and
concentrated on the pass. I think the Packers thought they would
attempt to exploit this.They were right.Chilly was completely out coached and in this game didn't
even look like a pro coach.

Frostbite
11-12-2007, 11:23 AM
"UTVikfan" wrote:

Yes...Those were called plays. The Number 3 QB does not get any lattitude to make his own play calls. The simple fact is Bollinger did not hurt us and was not the primary reason we lost the game. The loss was a team effort of NO EFFORT...from Coaches down to the players.

Cheers!

skum
11-12-2007, 11:37 AM
Gotta love the madden comparison

LongTimer
11-12-2007, 11:57 AM
We do miss him.
Why?
Because we held the best RB in the league (Tomlinson) to squat and AW did not play in that game either.
[/quote]

I agree, Winfield's absence had zero to do with this fiasco. Player dissension and unrest fueled by incompetent coaching is taking hold. The Williamson screw up rocked the boat far more than we realize. Players are coasting into apathy. Losing to Oakland is more than a real probability IMO. And at this point, 3/13 looks good for the draft. I am having a real hard time finding another win other than possibly Oakland.

Zeus
11-12-2007, 12:00 PM
"LongTimer" wrote:

I agree, Winfield's absence had zero to do with this fiasco. Player dissension and unrest fueled by incompetent coaching is taking hold. The Williamson screw up rocked the boat far more than we realize. Players are coasting into apathy. Losing to Oakland is more than a real probability IMO. And at this point, 3/13 looks good for the draft. I am having a real hard time finding another win other than possibly Oakland.

Please.
The Chargers, when they ran, tried to bust LT up between the tackles, right into the heart of the Vikings' D-Line strength.
The Packers, when they ran, went outside the tackles, right into where Winfield would have been sticking his hat to stop a lot of those Grant runs.
Winfield has an instinct for fighting through blocks to either bring the runner down or force him back into pursuit - neither Griffin, McCauley or Gordon has that instinct, at this time.

=Z=

Mr. Purple
11-12-2007, 12:21 PM
I knew from the start that game was thiers. We came out dull and lacked any heart.
I will honestly say this...our season is well done.You can call me whatever you want, say I'm not a loyal fan, but I know what kind of team we have.We DON'T have a playoff caliber team, yet.Not with our QB and WR situation. Our corners are the weakness to this D, and we need someone to come in next year who is proven.No more rookies!!!!!! Greenbay was licking they're chomps coming into that game.

I'll still be watching every game I can this year, rooting just as hard.However I'm not gonna get any false hope, and I'm gonna prepare for next year. (Chilly you better be right man!)

bleedpurple
11-12-2007, 12:36 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"UTVikfan" wrote:

You crack me up.

Where the hell was you negative Nancy inputs last week?
Hiding in a corner I bet as all you can bring is irrational drivel.
Frankly my friend, I honestly believe you have no clue when it comes to football.
SERIOUSLY, NO SMILEY FACE........

I bet you really believe you have some sort of indepth knowledge of football and that this whole post was a revalation that will cause the lightbulb to go on in our heads.

First, we can't bring the heat.
We tried several different ways to do it and it still didn't work.
What would you recommend my friend.
What blitzing scheme to you think would work?
I bet, as with all things, you don't have a fricken clue and don't even have the faintest idea of what I speak.

Second.
What the hell are you trying to say in the bolded part?
I'd love to answer your question, however, it made no fricken sense to me.
Really.
gol 'darnit man.
Can you type?

Please clarify and I will be happy to discuss the issue (whatever the hell it was) with you.

I wish we coulda seen more man under press coverage with safety help over the top.. dropping 8 guys into coverage and rushing 3 gave Favre all the time in the world to throw the ball and pick apart that lousy excuse for a zone...

Pathetic effort on both sides of the ball!!

V4L
11-12-2007, 12:40 PM
The thing is the Patriots get pressure by rushing TWO lineman and throwing all sorts of different blitzes at u.. If we are gonna drop back our two DT's we atleast need to bring someone else!!

And what he was saying up there Maddro.. When Osi Umenyora got all those sacks on Winston Justice the coaching staff did nothing to stop the pressure over there.. Andy Reid sat there and didn't throw a TE over there or slide the protection or anything

Where that came from I have no idea haha.. But yah thats what he was getting at

SKOL
11-12-2007, 01:08 PM
I haven't been able to read all 19 pages, and I wasn't able to catch most of the first half.
But...

A few people in my office were talking about how our game plan from the outset was to run, and then dink and dunk passes.
Didn't that just play into the Packers strength?
Weren't they stacking the box, with some pretty good linemen, lb's and safeties?
Maybe I'm wrong, but if we would have tried to spread things out a bit, and throw downfield, it at least, would have opened things up in the middle for the run, etc.

In my opinion that's what we did successfully, particularly in the second half, of the Chargers game.
Our success in running came when we finally showed an ability to go downfield with the pass..., which then spread out the defense.
Unfortunately, there weren't any attempts to do that.

Like I said that's the 'water cooler' discussion going on at work, and unfortunately (like I said) I didn't get to see much of the first half.

V4L
11-12-2007, 01:11 PM
Ur right Skol

They basically stacked the line to stop AP and we didn't take any shots downfield til the 2nd half

Our only toss deep down field that I can remember came in the 3rd or 4th to Ferguson and it was a catch

Oh and another one to Allison but they broke it up barely

It seemed to work tho cuz we moved the ball better that way

Marrdro
11-12-2007, 04:42 PM
"LongTimer" wrote:

We do miss him.
Why?

[/quote]
PUUUUUHHHHHLLLEEEEEEAAASSSE

Coasting into apathy.
Is that what you call an ass woopin by a better team?
What about last week.
Was that a bunch of players coasting into apathy?

Was EJ coasting into apathy?
Was Gordon coasting?
Was Griff and McCauley?

How about the OL?
Didn't look like BB wasn't trying.

Comeon man, we have seen nothing that would lead any one with half a clue to say that the team has quick.
They are out there breaking thier ass and you come with crap like that.

Such a disservice to thier effort my friend.
Ver sad indeed.

I liken it to the difference between the last group of collegiate basketball players that tried to win the olympics.
Very talented players all, but with very little experience.
What happened.

Fast forward to 1992 olympics.
What happened then?
The dream team.
Very talented with lots of experience. What was the result?
GOLD.
Everyone was happy, however there were still some that beeeeyatched cause we had to win with the vets and didn't stay to with the old way of "unproffesional players".

Am I saying that GB is the dream team, no, but what I am saying is we watched a QB pick us apart because of inexperience at alot of positions.....

RDE 3 yr
LDE 2 yr Backup to starter out.
OLB 2 yr (first year really playing)
MLB 1rst year in this scheme (played before, didn't do to well)
CB 1rst year (Playing because starter is out)
CB 2nd year
etc etc etc.

Again, very sad indeed that you would slam thier effort just cause you haven't a clue other than to whine......

OOOHH OHHH we lost to the PUKERS again......

Slam the coach all you want, but don't do it to the players my friend.
Very unsat.