PDA

View Full Version : The Bears?

eastcoastvikes
12-01-2004, 07:23 PM
Can someone please give me a reason to get nervous about playing the Bears this weekend? I find myself thinking about the Eagles game against the Pack than the Vikings game this week. This scares me a little bit, but I dont know enough about the Bears and Chad Hutchinson to get nervous about them scoring at all the way the D has improved. Someone please give me a reason to get nervous so I can feel more like I do every other week.. nervous going into the game so I get more excited by a W.

SKOL VIKES

VKG4LFE
12-01-2004, 07:25 PM
Remember last year? Is that enough?

VIKE58
12-01-2004, 07:34 PM
You Know what they say. On any given Sunday. They signed Jeff George this week. So they have a vetern QB now. But I have faith in my VIKINGS !!!!!

Kleinsasser40
12-01-2004, 07:39 PM
Well, our D is spotty. LBs still need to fill the gaps and have better awareness on where the play is going. We have given up 100+ rushing yards the last 5 games. Moss might not be 100%. Our O-Line is hobbled. Russel still doesn't have a pick along with many of our other DBs. Thats all I can think of now, hope that can help ya. But we are still going to win if we come into that game as pumped as I think the team is.

eastcoastvikes
12-01-2004, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the help all. I think I am set now but I still agree with Kleinsasser that the Vikes will still win and be on their way to become :king: of the NFC North

mrdrae
12-01-2004, 07:43 PM
Any game in the divison, especially when the Packers or vikings are concerned, is a 50 50 chance.

CT Viking Man
12-01-2004, 07:46 PM
The Vikes should win this one but it may be another close game. Thomas Jones should have a great game but I don't see Hutchinson and the Bears winning it in the air will they probably will have to go. Hopefully the DBs can add to the horrible interception total they have so far. Pressure on the QB and he'll be tossing some bad passes.

SKOL
12-01-2004, 07:52 PM
"eastcoastvikes" wrote:

Can someone please give me a reason to get nervous about playing the Bears this weekend?

How about the fact that they've beaten us 3 consecutive years at Soldier Field. Not that I'm worried, but it's not easy to win divisional games there.

snowinapril
12-01-2004, 08:43 PM
Urlacher might be back.
Division rivals are always tough becuase they know each other so well.
They have a solid running game.
Their D and Special Teams will probably score 3 TDs against us.
They like to pin you back to the Goal Line and get a safety on you to win the game.
They're number one in the league in tackles behind the line of scrimmage.
They are number one in the league in preventing third down conversions.
They're number three in three-and-outs, keeping teams to three plays and getting off the field.
They're number two in the league in miscellaneous touchdowns scored with six.

How do you like them cubs?

XTAP59
12-01-2004, 10:21 PM
"eastcoastvikes" wrote:

Can someone please give me a reason to get nervous about playing the Bears this weekend? I find myself thinking about the Eagles game against the Pack than the Vikings game this week. This scares me a little bit, but I dont know enough about the Bears and Chad Hutchinson to get nervous about them scoring at all the way the D has improved. Someone please give me a reason to get nervous so I can feel more like I do every other week.. nervous going into the game so I get more excited by a W.

SKOL VIKES

The ball is pointy and hence can bounce in all different directions....
But have no fear, remember what Nostradamus said about this season....
LOTGK

Steamed Turtle
12-01-2004, 10:50 PM
My guess is that I think it's going to be a pretty one-sided win by you guys. Although I pray every night duhBears can pull off a 'W.'

PhxFan
12-01-2004, 10:58 PM
"Steamed Turtle" wrote:

My guess is that I think it's going to be a pretty one-sided win by you guys. Although I pray every night duhBears can pull off a 'W.'
I tend to agree...even when the Bears get fired up...it don't last, they have no spirit or morale! :salute:

vikesfan
12-01-2004, 11:50 PM
I do think we'll win this Sunday, but there are a couple things that worry me about this game. First of all, we barely beat the Bears at home with a 100% healthy Randy Moss in week 2. The only reason we did beat them was because Daunte threw for nearly 400 yards and no INT's. But this game will be outside in some cold weather, which could slow down the passing game. Also, they have a good running back, and the way the Vikes run D has played the last 5 or 6 games, that kind of scares me.

casper
12-02-2004, 02:04 AM
"Steamed Turtle" wrote:

get back in the soup will ya :roll:

BUT as SKOL says

How about the fact that they've beaten us 3 consecutive years at Soldier Field. Not that I'm worried, but it's not easy to win divisional games there.

Storm
12-02-2004, 05:23 AM
I dont know, whats all this fuzz about the Bear D? They are godawful against the run - 28th in the league. With Tice and C-Pep talking about being more explosive on the run this week, I think we will exploit that weakness. With Moss back, the running game should open up a little more. And what about the Bear offense? Wait, they have one?

The bottom line is, if we cant beat Bears in their current state, we have no business going to the playoffs anyway. I know that divisional games are always close, but this is a team we must put away if we are for real this season. SKOL VIKINGS!

casper
12-02-2004, 07:39 AM
"Storm" wrote:

I dont know, whats all this fuzz about the Bear D? They are godawful against the run - 28th in the league. With Tice and C-Pep talking about being more explosive on the run this week, I think we will exploit that weakness. With Moss back, the running game should open up a little more. And what about the Bear offense? Wait, they have one?

The bottom line is, if we cant beat Bears in their current state, we have no business going to the playoffs anyway. I know that divisional games are always close, but this is a team we must put away if we are for real this season. SKOL VIKINGS!

Very well put storm, thanks for reminding us :drunken: by the way Welcome to the Board if you haven't been welcomed :thumbleft: cool avatar by the way...

snowinapril
12-02-2004, 09:31 AM
"Storm" wrote:

I agree about putting them away but you can not over look there D.

What was the big deal withour D last year. Our DBs changed the course of many games. That is what an opportunistic D does, change the game. The Bear D is just that opportunistic. Their D needs to be respected or you will find yourself in the position of being behind like we have been a few times in the last 6 weeks or so.

Just give them some respect but don't fear them is all I am asking.

Personally, I hope we take a page from the Colts game plan and attack them. I think it is a big mistake to think we should control the game with our Run.

JDogg926
12-02-2004, 09:45 AM
If you're not nervous about Hutchinson, just think about this. At this time last year did you know who Rex Grossman or Josh McCown was or think that a no - name QB could knock off the Vikes.

jackyl
12-02-2004, 09:53 AM
Man am i glad Hutch is gone from the 'boys. Kordell is a better QB than Hutch :lol:

Storm
12-02-2004, 10:14 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

I agree about putting them away but you can not over look there D.

What was the big deal withour D last year. Our DBs changed the course of many games. That is what an opportunistic D does, change the game. The Bear D is just that opportunistic. Their D needs to be respected or you will find yourself in the position of being behind like we have been a few times in the last 6 weeks or so.

Just give them some respect but don't fear them is all I am asking.

Personally, I hope we take a page from the Colts game plan and attack them. I think it is a big mistake to think we should control the game with our Run.

Yeah, I agree with your gameplan. Actually Tice said that we wont rely too heavily on running game, no matter what the weather condition might be. He said that we need to be more explosive on the run, more yards per run is our priority. Maybe he's just confusing Bear coaches and we will come out running it down the middle whole game, who knows. :D But yeah, I think passing should be our priority against that D.

"casper" wrote:

by the way Welcome to the Board if you haven't been welcomed cool avatar by the way...

Thanks! 8)

SKOL
12-02-2004, 10:30 AM
If we focus too much on the run it'll be another low scoring affair that could go either way. That's what the Bears want. They have a very good Defensive Backfield. It will take a good running game AND Daunte being on, with no interceptions or fumbles to win.

tarkenton10
12-02-2004, 12:09 PM
There were some very good ones, especially the Lb play, or the O-line, Special teams are terrible. But I will give you some others.

2003 games - San Diego, Oakland, Chicago and Arizona.

The D made qbs like Flutie, McCown, Grossman look like hall of famers. This year they have done that with running backs.

And oh yeah, they have won very few games the past five years on grass. Let me know if you need anything else to worry about!!

RandyMoss8404
12-02-2004, 12:28 PM
Randy Moss will have a monster game in Chicago. That's not a prediction; it's a guarantee.

Moss will tear up the Bears' secondary, you just watch. Pay extra-close attention to when Moss is matched up against Bears cornerback Charles Tillman. Moss has some unfinished business with Tillman and is just itching to light him up.

The most dangerous receiver in the NFL becomes even more dangerous when riled.

And Moss is mega riled.

He's in that state because of what happened last Dec. 14 in Chicago. With 1:02 to play and the game on the line, Tillman ripped the ball out of Moss' hands in the end zone. The Vikings lost 13-10 because Moss lost the ball to Tillman. Had Moss made the catch and the Vikings won, they would have been in the playoffs.

Moss wants another crack at Tillman — many cracks.

That interception brought national attention to Tillman. It's not every day a rookie cornerback — or anyone, for that matter — rips the ball from Randy Moss.

"I don't live off that play,' Tillman told Chicago reporters Wednesday. "I'm over it. We need to look forward.'

Moss will be living in the past Sunday and will drag Tillman back there with him.

Tillman didn't play when the Vikings and Bears met earlier this season because he had a broken leg. So, this is the first chance for Moss to do to Tillman what Tillman did to Moss: Humiliate him.

Even without Tillman as motivation, Moss did a number on the Bears in their first meeting this season, catching seven passes for 119 yards and two touchdowns in a 27-22 victory Sept. 26. Afterward, Moss griped that the Bears took cheap shots, but that's not what will stoke him Sunday. Tillman will do the stoking.

Sunday, it will look as if Moss is fully recovered from his partially torn hamstring. At least when Tillman is assigned to cover him.

Asked Wednesday if he would talk about Tillman, Moss said, "No."

Then, as he walked away, I told him, "I do feel sorry for Tillman.'

Moss replied, "Me, too.'

You might want to take the Vikings and lay the seven points.

Tillman missed eight games while his fractured tibia healed, then played Thanksgiving Day in a reserve role against Dallas. Bears coach Lovie Smith indicated Wednesday that Tillman might start against the Vikings.

We'll see what kind of coach Smith is. If he's smart, he will make sure Tillman isn't lined up opposite Moss too often — and once would be too often.

Moss is like a snoozing lion; the last thing you want to do is poke him with a stick. That interception by Tillman in last year's game at Chicago was a poke that still stings.

A comment Tillman made to those Chicago reporters might add to the sting. Noting Moss' hamstring injury, Tillman said, "Hopefully, we can take advantage of that leg and a half and still dominate him.'

How about that? Tillman is talking about dominating Moss. He doesn't know Moss the way we know Moss.

"He might still have one eye out to get me,' Tillman said. "We're going to see it on Sunday.'

We're going to see plenty from Moss.

"I can't wait to get the game going,' Daunte Culpepper said.

Asked who would come away with the ball if Tillman is covering Moss in the end zone with Sunday's game on the line, Culpepper said, "No. 84, all day long.'

Vikings coach Mike Tice shied away from addressing the Moss vs. Tillman angle, saying, "I don't want to give bulletin-board material.'

As if a few printed words stapled to a bulletin board could somehow cause Tillman or other Bears from shutting down a riled-up Randy Moss. There is no shutting down Randy Moss when he is riled up.

"All I want you to remember is who we played the week after we lost to Chicago and look at Moss' stats,' Tice said of last December's meeting.

The Vikings routed the Kansas City Chiefs 45-20, and among Moss' seven receptions for 111 yards were TD catches of 30 and 21 yards.

Randy Moss is fired up and riled up once again.

VKG4LFE
12-02-2004, 12:31 PM
awesome sig jackyl! Big K looking over the Vikes on Sundays!

jackyl
12-02-2004, 02:07 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

awesome sig jackyl! Big K looking over the Vikes on Sundays!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v178/jackyl_c4/cheers.gif

viking_john66
12-02-2004, 02:31 PM
Urlacher will be playing, which give their D an added swagger even if he is hobbled somewhat. I don't like the looks of Jeff George signing. I can see a scenario where he comes in for sandlot ball in the 2nd half and mucks up the works.

I've been to the last 3 improbable losses (@ soldier and champaign), so can't feel great about this one. the bears make inspired plays vs the vikes so this will be more of a test than it appears.

purplehorn
12-02-2004, 03:17 PM
I think a blowout is on the horizen

Vikes 45
bears 10

eagles 45
packers 14

cajunvike
12-02-2004, 04:28 PM
"Storm" wrote:

The bottom line is, if we cant beat Bears in their current state, we have no business going to the playoffs anyway!

THIS is the bottom line...the rest is all secondary to the above statement. The Vikings should be TOTALLY focused this week and every week for the rest of the season if they want to show what they are made of...EVERY game should be played like it is their last of the season.

Eyesore
12-02-2004, 04:33 PM
The only ones that the Bears can dominate is their own practice sqaud.

cajunvike
12-02-2004, 04:35 PM
"Eyesore" wrote:

The only ones that the Bears can dominate is their own practice sqaud.

Let's both hope so!

VKG4LFE
12-02-2004, 04:37 PM
I didn't know the packers were the bears practice squad. Hmm, you would think the bears had a better record than the pack.

Eyesore
12-02-2004, 04:41 PM
"Hope?"

You don't sound all that confident, Cajun :blackeye:

I want the Bears to win, but it wont happen. God, does that team absolutely BLOW!!!

If Florida State played the bears, the 3rd string freshmen would see scoring action by the 4th quarter!

cajunvike
12-02-2004, 04:45 PM
"Eyesore" wrote:

"Hope?"

You don't sound all that confident, Cajun :blackeye:

I want the Bears to win, but it wont happen. God, does that team absolutely BLOW!!!

If Florida State played the bears, the 3rd string freshmen would see scoring action by the 4th quarter!

HOPE only alludes to the fact that I can do nothing to affect the outcome of the game...I AM confident that the Vikes can beat anyone if they bring their "A" game...but I can only HOPE that they do every week!

Eyesore
12-02-2004, 05:08 PM
I think you and I spend way too much time here. I know I've droped about 80 posts in the last 2 days. And I bet you got me beat! :salute:

Eyesore
12-02-2004, 05:09 PM
I think you and I spend way too much time here. I know I've droped about 80 posts in the last 2 days. And I bet you got me beat! :salute:

VKG4LFE
12-02-2004, 05:12 PM
It's easy to drop 80 posts in a couple of days if you double em all up!! jk

cajunvike
12-02-2004, 05:15 PM
"Eyesore" wrote:

It is easy...if you pop in and out like I have been doing during the day, plus if you get a few back and forths going, the posts just pile up...I quit counting a long time ago...if I try to limit myself, I don't get to say what I want, so I just say it and post totals be damned! :lol:

cajunvike
12-02-2004, 05:16 PM
"Eyesore" wrote:

Of course, the main difference is that YOU are a Packers fan on a Viking board... :lol:

packmanxxxi
12-02-2004, 06:07 PM
I think the Bears will lose SUnday, but I think it will take another rah rah session from your cheerleader QB to get Moss and Co. wanting to play again. I see a tight game. And I do think these close games are GOOd once in a while, but over and over they start to wear on you. Jones will run all over your D.

I see a 20-17 game.

Bears score off of a Moss fumble.

VKG4LFE
12-02-2004, 06:09 PM
Moss doesn't have fumblitis like your boy Ahman, or Daunte for that matter! Not gonna happen.

packmanxxxi
12-02-2004, 06:10 PM
very true... ok, 3 by daunte in the cold though!

VKG4LFE
12-02-2004, 06:10 PM
As long as we fall on em!!

VKG4LFE
12-02-2004, 06:11 PM
But I heard that it's supposed to be low 40s for the game! That ain't too bad! So, maybe only 2.

TheAnimal93
12-02-2004, 06:32 PM
hell, i am more worried what the weather is going to be like. if its low scoring and close......that would be enough for me to be worried

CT Viking Man
12-02-2004, 08:06 PM
"Storm" wrote:

aThe bottom line is, if we cant beat Bears in their current state, we have no business going to the playoffs anyway.

Perfectly said!

cajunvike
12-02-2004, 08:14 PM
"CT Viking Man" wrote:

"Storm" wrote:

aThe bottom line is, if we cant beat Bears in their current state, we have no business going to the playoffs anyway.

Perfectly said!

Great minds think alike...see page two... :lol:

CT Viking Man
12-02-2004, 09:17 PM
You are totally right, Cajunvike. Last year there did not be a sense of urgency when the Vikes went to Chicago and they could have wrapped up the division. The playcalling was awful and the Vikes did not step it up until the 4th quarter.

COME OUT FIRING ON ALL CYLINDERS!!!!! THE COLTS DESTROYED THE BEARS! THE VIKES CAN TOO!