PDA

View Full Version : Coach Bieniemy makes impact on rookie Peterson

singersp
11-10-2007, 08:10 AM
Running backs coach Bieniemy makes impact on rookie Peterson (http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/ap/index.cfm?page=view&id=D8SQE7EO0)

By DAVE CAMPBELL AP Sports Writer
The Associated Press - Saturday, November 10, 2007

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn.

Behind every good player, usually, is a pretty good coach. Vikings running backs coach Eric Bieniemy seems to have had a positive impact on rookie Adrian Peterson....

snowinapril
11-10-2007, 09:53 AM
There have been quite a few threads where there have been comments such as AD doesn't need coaching, he is that good.

I like the article.

Bieniemy is a fiery, energetic guy who, Peterson estimated, has yelled at the NFL's rushing leader more times in half of a season than any other coaches throughout his playing career - combined. But Bieniemy, who first met Peterson while recruiting him in Palestine, Texas, for UCLA, said this week he's not consciously hard on his newest protege.

"I dog-cuss 'em all the same," Bieniemy said, his voice raspy after a recent practice. "You've got to know when to press the button and when to pull off."

soonerbornNbred
11-11-2007, 12:39 AM
YOUve got to be kidding me

YOU really think AD success comes from Eric Bieniemy dog cussin him

FOOLISH

here is another coach taken credit for ADs god given abilities

I have never said AD doesnt take coaching or needs coaching to learn sets and systems

But even the Lineman have said you dont want to coach him up too much

he has abilities to improvise...and if you are so stern as to take that away from him you lose what makes him great

Go ahead and keep thinkin Bienemy is what makes AD succeed...just like your bosses in the past are what made you who you are...you are who YOU are inspite of those over you

give me a break

this is exactly the example I have spoken about in the past... someone taken credit for ADs successes

show him how to get to team meetings, where the blocks will be, how to get through his rookie year and thatll be enough from you lil eric

Better you best back off on the dog cussin punk

this MAN is for real ..... and in two years he might bite back

renovikesfan
11-11-2007, 12:47 AM
LOL
So, what, sooner...are you saying you disagree with the article?
;D

soonerbornNbred
11-11-2007, 12:54 AM
All the article is ...is Eric bienemy pumpin up his chest and ego
Nowhere in there is a quote from AD
and I believe AD will give teammates and coaches credit, HE IS the ultimate team guy

I just have seen it time and time again someone taking credit for his successes

but then remove them from the equation...guess what

AD still shines

them not so much

DustinDupont
11-11-2007, 01:03 AM
OMG the coach is doing his job..... AP is doing his job... and when you have the number one rushing offense the both should get some credit... and you barley ever hear Bienemy's name, and he could prolly care less if know him or not... AP has said many times how workin on the little things in practice have helped him grow... im not taken any credit away from AP, cuz AP is a beast and would be good regardless of whos coaching him, but when they both are doing there job and both doing it well they both should get some credit....

soonerbornNbred
11-11-2007, 01:08 AM
some credit Ill give... probably overreacted

grpape
11-11-2007, 01:27 AM
"soonerbornNbred" wrote:

some credit Ill give... probably overreacted

Just a bit. ;D

soonerbornNbred
11-11-2007, 01:38 AM
4 hours of sleep in past 36 gets me a tad edgy...my spring has sprung

singersp
11-11-2007, 06:52 AM
Vikings Insider: The man behind The Man (http://www.startribune.com/vikings/story/1540743.html)

Adrian Peterson's work ethic and running backs coach Eric Bieniemy's determination have mixed well.

By Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune

Last update: November 10, 2007 – 1:29 PM

The first time Adrian Peterson crossed paths with Eric Bieniemy, oh, how sweet it was...

Marrdro
11-11-2007, 06:57 AM
Nice read my friend.

I still find it amazing, after reading this whole thread that some people ( ;D) believe that AD doesn't need coaching and was NFL ready.

hx38596
11-11-2007, 07:11 AM
"soonerbornNbred" wrote:

FOOLISH

I have never said AD doesnt take coaching or needs coaching to learn sets and systems

he has abilities to improvise...and if you are so stern as to take that away from him you lose what makes him great

Go ahead and keep thinkin Bienemy is what makes AD succeed...just like your bosses in the past are what made you who you are...you are who YOU are inspite of those over you

give me a break

this is exactly the example I have spoken about in the past... someone taken credit for ADs successes

show him how to get to team meetings, where the blocks will be, how to get through his rookie year and thatll be enough from you lil eric

This.

Just wow.
Soonerboy, can you explain why he is averaging more yards per carry now under Bienemy against NFL defenses than he was any year at OU?
And why he's getting better and better as the year goes on?

I see a completely different back than what i saw at OU.
He was used as a pack mule... work horse at OU.
Very little coaching, just fed the ball over and over and over.
With Minnesota, i see him used as more of a treasured talent with coaches actually working with him.
I think all the coaches at OU where just plain ignorant of what they had.
Like they had a stick of Plutonium and were all spitting chew and looking at each other with big question marks and dumbfounded looks.
I seriously doubt any on the OU coaching staff ever yelled at AD.
Now he has an actual mentor.

Yes, EB and Minnesota in general is responsible for part of his success.
AD has made light of this repeatedly in a genuine, sincere way.

Now, go back to your deer stand and ponder why Baylor rang up 21 points on yall at home.

soonerbornNbred
11-11-2007, 08:01 AM
enuff of your OU Texas crap HX
we beat your lousy shorthorns once again get over it and move on
AD went to the better school get over it move on
EB is a sawed off wannabe get over it

soonerbornNbred
11-11-2007, 08:12 AM
All you boners that want to think EB a childres is the reason for ADs
success go ahead and take your credit if thats what you need
Truth is the truth
EB was coachin Chester too correct chester 4 starts to ADs 4 starts chesters 250 yards to ADs over 1000 must be EBs and childress are just not coachin chester enough

it couldnt be talent on ADs behalf because its all in the coachin or in the line
or in the scheme,somewhere other than this is best RB the Nfl has seen in awhile
Childress Has Got to be the best coach in the NFL( where is that Sarcasm button)

jump me all you want manndro and HX
I'll still believe its not the coachin its the back, and HX, AD was special when he got to OU and when he left OU...he broke records in every level hes ever played if you think hes better now kul...if you think Stoops doesnt know how to coach kul...reflects on what you know

Marrdro
11-11-2007, 08:14 AM
"soonerbornNbred" wrote:

Truth is the truth
EB was coachin Chester too correct chester 4 starts to ADs 4 starts chesters 250 yards to ADs over 1000 must be EBs and childress are just not coachin chester enough

it couldnt be talent on ADs behalf because its all in the coachin or in the line
or in the scheme,somewhere other than this is best RB the Nfl has seen in awhile
Childress Has Got to be the best coach in the NFL( where is that Sarcasm button)

still believe its not the coachin its the back, and HX, AD was special when he got to OU and when he left OU...he broke records in every level hes ever played if you think hes better now kul...if you think Stoops doesnt know how to coach kul...reflects on what you know

My friend, you take stuff way to serious.
Note the smiley face.

Quick question though.
If for some reason AD left the team would you still be a fan of the Vikes as a team?

singersp
11-11-2007, 08:24 AM
"soonerbornNbred" wrote:

Truth is the truth

I'll still believe its not the coachin its the back, and HX, AD was special when he got to OU and when he left OU...he broke records in every level hes ever played if you think hes better now kul...if you think Stoops doesnt know how to coach kul...reflects on what you know

All we are saying is EB took the best back in the league & made him better. Patience on waiting for his blocks is just one of the main things AD is learning. He's not learning that on his own.

If AD is saying EB has improved him, that's not even debateable.

hx38596
11-11-2007, 08:27 AM
"soonerbornNbred" wrote:

enuff of your OU Texas crap HX
we beat your lousy shorthorns once again get over it and move on
AD went to the better school get over it move on
EB is a sawed off wannabe get over it

My friend, Texas was never mentioned in my response, nor does it have anything to do with AD with the Vikes.
I just noted his 'heightened' performance since going to the Vikes, and throughout the season.
Do you not know why he has more YPC now vs. in college (no response)?

And his college coaches are great coaches, i won't disagree.
I'm just saying Gundy (the rb coach) was a college QB who never took a snap professionally and never played RB.
EB was a great RB in college and had a professional career.
Now tell me who coached AD better.
His performance is reflective of who's been coaching him.

This is a Vikes message board and i respectfully am aware of this.

tastywaves
11-11-2007, 08:33 AM
No doubt that EB helped make AD better, but you've got to admit he has a pretty easy job.
Does that make him one of the best RB coaches in the league, hard to tell.
Does it mean that AD is better with experienced coaching, yea probably.

I understand the sooner boy wanting to give his freakish runner all the kudos, but good coaching can only help no matter how great the athlete.
If AD starts ignoring his coaches he will go backwards.

As long as no one is confused that EB makes AD great I think all is good.
AD is great, and EB helps him fulfill his potential as will any good coach.

Marrdro
11-11-2007, 08:56 AM
"tastywaves" wrote:

No doubt that EB helped make AD better, but you've got to admit he has a pretty easy job.
Does that make him one of the best RB coaches in the league, hard to tell.
Does it mean that AD is better with experienced coaching, yea probably.

I understand the sooner boy wanting to give his freakish runner all the kudos, but good coaching can only help no matter how great the athlete.
If AD starts ignoring his coaches he will go backwards.

As long as no one is confused that EB makes AD great I think all is good.
AD is great, and EB helps him fulfill his potential as will any good coach.

Couldn't have said it better my friend.
Very nice.
;D

jdvike
11-11-2007, 09:21 AM
"soonerbornNbred" wrote:

FOOLISH

give me a break

If you think Petersen will just be able to waltz off this team in 2 years,your spring is more than sprung...It's down right broke!

With Rob B. as our cap guy we will easily be able to pay him what he needs....also dont forget about the Franchise tag.....A.D. is going nowhere as long as he is "A.D." he will be in purple.

Marrdro asked you a very interesting question....Are you a Viking fan or an A.D. fan?...I think it's the latter.

jessejames09
11-11-2007, 09:24 AM
Sooner he doesn't need help as much with his running. But his pass blocking, catching and route running could use improvement.

Marrdro
11-11-2007, 09:27 AM
"jdvike" wrote:

"soonerbornNbred" wrote:

FOOLISH

give me a break

If you think Petersen will just be able to waltz off this team in 2 years,your spring is more than sprung...It's down right broke!

With Rob B. as our cap guy we will easily be able to pay him what he needs....also dont forget about the Franchise tag.....A.D. is going nowhere as long as he is "A.D." he will be in purple.

Marrdro asked you a very interesting question....Are you a Viking fan or an A.D. fan?...I think it's the latter.

Solid post my friend.

Please don't be hard on our Sooner friend.

As with all Vikes fans, they had to Cheer for the Team for the first time at one point in thier life.
I like to believe that Sooner has already took that step and is in it for the long haul.

As steadfastly as he sticks up for AD, I want this guy cheering for the Vikes for alot of years.
;D