PDA

View Full Version : Metrodome 2nd WORST football facility



COJOMAY
11-07-2007, 03:11 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/11/01/fvi.intro/index.html?eref=T1

Read the ratings and then click on the Metrodome on the list.

C Mac D
11-07-2007, 03:18 PM
How does the Giants stadium finish 25th and 32nd? It's the same goddamned stadium!

This rating is dumb... However, we do need a new stadium, badly.

jmcdon00
11-07-2007, 03:32 PM
Stupid, Stupid, Stupid. I bet they didn't even visit the metrodome. Definetly not last sunday because last Sunday the Metrodome was the best stadium to be in, the energy was electric both in the stands and on the field, And tickets could easily be bought outside the dome for $10-20.

lakehubertviking
11-07-2007, 03:45 PM
It's hard to argue that the Dome is kind of crappy.
But I was suprised Detroit got an 8/10 on neighborhood while Mpls got a 5/10.


"Nauseating" wrote:


I also thought the fans were quite intelligent as far as knowing to keep relatively quiet while we were on offense.
You would be amazed how many Detroit fans are clueless.
When we needed the fans to make noise it was by far the loudest stadium I have been in.
I also had a rough experience as a Viking fan in Detroit this year, even though I am always very respectful, and I acknowledge that it is their stadium.
I was respectful to them and I only cheered when it was appropriate and I wasn't a prick to any of their fans.
Lets just say being verbally attacked and having your hat thrown on a bathroom floor isn't fun.
Unfortunately their economy is also in a very rough spot and that certainly doesn't help things but Minneapolis was just such a nice place.
Smiles and curtious people all over the place and some awesome Vikes fans too!

tastywaves
11-07-2007, 03:49 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:


Stupid, Stupid, Stupid. I bet they didn't even visit the metrodome. Definetly not last sunday because last Sunday the Metrodome was the best stadium to be in, the energy was electric both in the stands and on the field, And tickets could easily be bought outside the dome for $10-20.


Not a good thing.
I pay more to go to a movie.

purplepat
11-07-2007, 04:17 PM
This whole thing was a mixed bag...

It's called "Fan Value Experience", not specifically a stadium ranking.
Bottom line...if your team stinks, you'll probably fall down near the bottom somewhere.

I've been to the RCA Dome (was a beerman there, doncha know) in Peyton Manning's earlier days.
It could easily have been confused for the Metrodome except I don't see ANY tailgating around there.
Plus, the fans were pretty danged quiet (this might have been Manning's 1st or 2nd season).
Yet, because the Colts are kicking butt, they rank near the top of the list.
Vikings, being pretty boring offensively for the past three years, rank near the bottom.

A "2" for stadium atmosphere?
Out in the concourse and in the restrooms, I'll agree with you.
Inside the seating area?
Has to be a 9!
While there are a fair number of "limited view" seats at the top of the stadium, I certainly wouldn't say "many have poor or obstructed visibility", and maybe they should have mentioned that those seats sell for $10 each...probably the cheapest tickets in the NFL.

Accessibility should have gotten much better than a "5".
I brought a friend in for the Browns game a couple of years back and he was very impressed with the light rail system.
Getting in to the game couldn't be easier.
Getting out is a bit more crowded, but I found that using the Metro buses that run to Fort Snelling allow you to avoid the long lines to board the train, then catch it at the Fort Snelling station.

While the stadium itself is located in nowheresville, you really are a short walk or light rail ride into the heart of downtown...something most of these stadiums can't match.
In windy or bitter cold weather, you won't want to walk from the stadium into downtown, but for the first half of the season or so it's no big deal.
Therefore, neighborhood should have rated better than a "5" even if a short walk or very short cab ride is required.

Since this is a "new" article, who's the bozo who commented on the Rapid Park lot but completely neglected the new Purple and Gold lots bought by Zygi?
While we still can't accomodate the crowds we want, you can't beat the location!

marstc09
11-07-2007, 04:17 PM
"C" wrote:


How does the Giants stadium finish 25th and 32nd? It's the same goddamned stadium!

This rating is dumb... However, we do need a new stadium, badly.


This guy who made this is a fool. It is the same stadium.

Vikes_King
11-07-2007, 04:20 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:


Stupid, Stupid, Stupid. I bet they didn't even visit the metrodome. Definetly not last sunday because last Sunday the Metrodome was the best stadium to be in, the energy was electric both in the stands and on the field, And tickets could easily be bought outside the dome for $10-20.


its not the energy that matters.. its everything, overall the metrodome is much out of date in todays NFL.
The one thing that is good about it at least.. is theres no "bad seats", almost anywhere you sit you can see the entire field pretty easily.


The dome was nice.. but its time for a new building :P

IBleedPurple11
11-07-2007, 04:32 PM
I live in AZ and I think UNIV. OF PHOENIX STADIUM is the best stadium I have ever been to. NO WAY IT IS 24th IN THE LEAGUE!

If they based these rankings on just the facility...UNIV. OF PHOENIX STADIUM would be #1 for sure.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1335/547497877_fdfef90b2d.jpg?v=0
http://www.azsuperbowl.com/images/stadium_1.jpg
http://www.azsuperbowl.com/images/stadium_2.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/120/271939877_4595e41504.jpg?v=0
http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/nfc/cardsstad751.jpg

DustinDupont
11-07-2007, 04:34 PM
yeah those rankings are stupid, but the vikes need a new stadium bad!

C Mac D
11-07-2007, 04:46 PM
"IBleedPurple28" wrote:


I live in AZ and I think UNIV. OF PHOENIX STADIUM is the best stadium I have ever been to. NO WAY IT IS 24th IN THE LEAGUE!

If they based these rankings on just the facility...UNIV. OF PHOENIX STADIUM would be #1 for sure.



While I agree with you about the Arizona stadium, I think the rankings go a lot on fans and homefield advantage, which Arizona doesn't seem to have much of either...

I still say these rankings are dumb though.

Those are some awesome shots of the Arizona stadium.

jmcdon00
11-07-2007, 04:55 PM
"DustinDupont" wrote:


yeah those rankings are stupid, but the vikes need a new stadium bad!

We need a new bridge and want a new stadium, semantics.

C Mac D
11-07-2007, 04:56 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:


"DustinDupont" wrote:


yeah those rankings are stupid, but the vikes need a new stadium bad!

We need a new bridge and want a new stadium, semantics.


Stop making so much sense jmcdon00, it's frustrating.

Vikes_King
11-07-2007, 05:07 PM
"C" wrote:


"jmcdon00" wrote:


"DustinDupont" wrote:


yeah those rankings are stupid, but the vikes need a new stadium bad!

We need a new bridge and want a new stadium, semantics.


Stop making so much sense jmcdon00, it's frustrating.


for seriously, if you want to talk about a bridge go to the clubhouse forum or something!! this is Vikings Fan Forum, lol

purplepat
11-07-2007, 05:19 PM
Ya know, maybe they should have also said something about Personal Seat Licenses when they mentioned the whole ticket cost thing...

A season ticket holder in virtually all of the new stadiums must pay a one time Seat License fee for the "privilege" of buying their season seats.
This cost can be anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars PER SEAT.

As part of this, they could/should have mentioned how many tickets are actually ever available for purchase as "single game tickets" when tickets go on sale.
This is of course a function of how many season tickets are sold.
I'm not certain, but I think at Lambeau, there are never any single game tickets available, and the season ticket waiting list is years long.
So if you do/can get a ticket, it's usually at a significant markup over the "face price".
If the reality is that the average Joe has to spend $200 a ticket for Packer game tickets, then the rankings should reflect that.

BadlandsVikings
11-07-2007, 05:23 PM
I think the reason the Arizona stadium is so low is because pople just go there to get out of the heat.
I've been to Phoenix several times and I could think of a lot better things to do than go to a Cardinals game.

jessejames09
11-07-2007, 08:56 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:


I think the reason the Arizona stadium is so low is because pople just go there to get out of the heat.
I've been to Phoenix several times and I could think of a lot better things to do than go to a Cardinals game.


Cheap hookers in phoenix you say?

NordicNed
11-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Jesus Christ,




Even the Packers Stadium, has ball lickers lovin it..... ::)

sharper42
11-07-2007, 09:25 PM
wow they have lamebutt field first? when i went there last year i actually thought it was horrible

VKG4LFE
11-07-2007, 09:41 PM
I've been to Lambeau, it blows. So they have a restaurant in there and a cheesedick HOF and a big store, big freakin deal, the stands suck and it's old!

I like the dome.