PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota

GoVikes11
11-05-2007, 10:51 PM
I went to Minneapolis for this weekends game.
I would just like to tell you guys that Minnesota is an awesome state.
Minneapolis is an amazing city.
It is very clean.
The people are all incredibly nice, even to the SD fans at the game for the most part.
The Metrodome actually isn't that bad.
It is a bottom five stadium by NFL standards... small concourse and other things like that are an issue but it was nowhere near as bad as I expected (or Ralph Wilson).
It was such an amazing environment around the stadium and seeing all of the purple in the parking lots tailgating was very cool.
I think there was even a live band out by the stadium.
It was such a fantastic event.
It was so fun to get inside and cheer and root for the Vikes with thousands of Vikings fans surrounding me (new for me).

I also thought the fans were quite intelligent as far as knowing to keep relatively quiet while we were on offense.
You would be amazed how many Detroit fans are clueless.
When we needed the fans to make noise it was by far the loudest stadium I have been in.
I also had a rough experience as a Viking fan in Detroit this year, even though I am always very respectful, and I acknowledge that it is their stadium.
I was respectful to them and I only cheered when it was appropriate and I wasn't a prick to any of their fans.
Lets just say being verbally attacked and having your hat thrown on a bathroom floor isn't fun.
Unfortunately their economy is also in a very rough spot and that certainly doesn't help things but Minneapolis was just such a nice place.
Smiles and curtious people all over the place and some awesome Vikes fans too!

I have seen a Vikes game at Ralph Wilson, 3 in Detroit (2 of which I stayed the weekend) and I must say Minneapolis is the best city and an amazing place.
It was one of the best American cities I have been to.

Oh and the game was a pretty good one too
:)

THANK YOU for an amazing place to spend a weekend and watch a game.

Zeus
11-05-2007, 10:53 PM
"Nauseating" wrote:

Glad you had a good visit!
Next time, make sure you stop by the PPO Tailgate!

=Z=

NordicNed
11-05-2007, 10:56 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"Nauseating" wrote:

Glad you had a good visit!
Next time, make sure you stop by the PPO Tailgate!

=Z=

Nice to read you enjoyed your visit and game so much.
Take Zeus's advice and find the gang next time.
I'm sure it's one hell of a party to get in on.......I may have to drop in soon myself sometime......

shockzilla
11-05-2007, 10:57 PM
Love the name - why did you pick it? LOL

Glad you could make it to our fair city! Glad you enjoyed your stay and come back again, for sure! And like Zeus said, stop by the PPO tailgate next time.

singersp
11-05-2007, 11:19 PM
Glad you had a great time. Now you know what "Minnesota Nice" is all about.

As kind & sincerely as you speak, why the screen name Nauseating Norseman?

Schutz
11-05-2007, 11:58 PM
Pfh, The fake twin cities is ok, I won't be happy till the Vikes play in the real twin cities.
Fargo/Moorhead

GoVikes11
11-06-2007, 07:44 AM
haha thanks guys.
I'm not sure why I went for the screen name, I guess I thought I was a little more annoying.
I had heard the saying "Minnesota nice" and throughout the trip my dad and I said it after our amazing experiances with you people.

As for the PPO tailgate, I appreciate the offer but what time do you guys usually start?
because I do like to get in the stadium very early to see all the warmups and everything since I don't get to see many games live.

singersp
11-06-2007, 08:00 AM
"Nauseating" wrote:

haha thanks guys.
I'm not sure why I went for the screen name, I guess I thought I was a little more annoying.
I had heard the saying "Minnesota nice" and throughout the trip my dad and I said it after our amazing experiances with you people.

As for the PPO tailgate, I appreciate the offer but what time do you guys usually start?
because I do like to get in the stadium very early to see all the warmups and everything since I don't get to see many games live.

Sometime between 6:30-7:30. If you are going, we are in Purple tailgate lot #1, kitty-corner frome Gate H (accross the street from the light rail stop)

Marrdro
11-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Very nice post indeed.

Having been raised in Northern MN and then traveling all around the world and finally choosing residence outside of MN you are correct.

Nothing compares to the land of 10,000 lakes my friend.

Well except for a certain trip to Rio once
;D, a different kind of friendly.

nephilimstorm
11-06-2007, 12:33 PM
c'mon back now ya hear!

Purple Floyd
11-06-2007, 06:53 PM
"Schutz" wrote:

Pfh, The fake twin cities is ok, I won't be happy till the Vikes play in the real twin cities.
Fargo/Moorhead

I thought you meant Duluth/Superior ;D

GoVikes11
11-06-2007, 11:07 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"Nauseating" wrote:

haha thanks guys.

Sometime between 6:30-7:30. If you are going, we are in Purple tailgate lot #1, kitty-corner frome Gate H (accross the street from the light rail stop)

Now that is the kind of intensity I like to see.
The next time I am in Minny I will definetly take you up on that offer.
Toronto isn't bad either if you ever want to catch a twins game :)
Seriously they are both fantastic cities.
Thanks for everything guys.

singersp
11-07-2007, 06:38 AM
"Nauseating" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Nauseating" wrote:

haha thanks guys.

Now that is the kind of intensity I like to see.
The next time I am in Minny I will definetly take you up on that offer.
Toronto isn't bad either if you ever want to catch a twins game :)
Seriously they are both fantastic cities.
Thanks for everything guys.

I was at Rogers Centre this past summer & caught a Blue Jays vs Devil Rays game. Toronto seemed like a very nice city & the people were friendly.

I thought the stadium was quite different than any I've been in with the ramps on the outside of the stadium taking you up levels. We sat in the front row of the 3rd level, half way between home & 1st base.