PDA

View Full Version : Count Down to 1808

Vikes_King
11-05-2007, 01:49 AM
With his absolutely stunning performance today, Adrian Peterson is now at 1,036 rushing yards (6.6 yards/carry so far.. lol) and 8 TD's. Eric Dickerson rushed for 1808 yards in 1983 as a rookie for the Los Angeles Rams.

I plan on updating in this thread where he's at after each game, think he'll get it? 8 more games, 772 more yards.
I think he can do it!
RoY is already a lock thats all i know.

Week 8: 1036 (772 to go)

hx38596
11-05-2007, 01:54 AM
So far tonight on the shows, i'm heard the talking heads say, "Rookie Wall" 3 times so far.

Rookie wall coming in 5.. 4... 3...

Schutz
11-05-2007, 01:58 AM
Needs to average 96.5 a game, adjust per week.
Only averaging 129.5 a game right now, oh boy.

Vikes_King
11-05-2007, 02:00 AM
Adrian Peterson: The Rookie Phenom Taking the NFL Record Book by Storm

i should copywrite that or it'll be a title for a Star Trib or Pioneer Press article ;) lol

thevikingfan
11-05-2007, 02:01 AM
better yet make a countdown to 2000 i think it is possible....

Schutz
11-05-2007, 02:03 AM
Eric Dickerson, L.A. Rams, 1984

AP current pace 2,072..............hmmmmmm

Vikes_King
11-05-2007, 02:09 AM
"Schutz" wrote:

Dickerson's RUSHING record is 1808.
the 2,105 yards you posted is tacking on his 390 recieving yards.

(btw, Dickerson got All-Pro, Pro Bowl, Rookie of the Year, and Player of the Year (mvp) for his record setting year)

if you're going going to compare his 2,105 vs Adrians you have to tack on his recieving yards too, which he has 206 :P

if you're doing that.. 1036+206 = 1242, which puts him on pace to have 2484 yards..
;D lol.
and thats not counting his kick returning yards

Schutz
11-05-2007, 02:14 AM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

"Schutz" wrote:

(btw, Dickerson got All-Pro, Pro Bowl, Rookie of the Year, and Player of the Year (mvp) for his record setting year)

if you're going going to compare his 2,105 vs Adrians you have to tack on his recieving yards too, which he has 206 :P

if you're doing that.. 1036+206 = 1242, which puts him on pace to have 2484 yards..
;D lol.

Eric Dickerson, L.A. Rams, 1983<--
Eric Dickerson, L.A. Rams, 1984<--

http://www.nfl.com/history/randf/records/indiv/rushing

#2-2,066
Jamal Lewis, Baltimore, 2003
#3-2,053
Barry Sanders, Detroit, 1997

Unless I'm looking at it wrong, or the NFL is lying to me.

midgensa
11-05-2007, 02:16 AM
I think 2,105 is attainable and 1,808 is attainable if he stays healthy and does not tire. Dickerson also had 400+ receiving yards and 20 total TDs his rookie year.
I would like to see Peterson rival all of those numbers. (The Rams also went 9-7 and won a playoff game after going 2-7 the prior year ... lets hope Peterson can have that kind of impact).

Vikes_King
11-05-2007, 02:17 AM
"Schutz" wrote:

"Vikes_King" wrote:

"Schutz" wrote:

;D lol.

#2-2,066
#3-2,053

oh i didnt notice you put 1984, not '83.
and besides, the record i meant this thread for is his ROOKIE rushing record
;D
i guess i should have noticed since 1808+390 = 2198 not 2105
:) lol

Schutz
11-05-2007, 02:19 AM
Well lets just hope Peterson breaks Rookie and Total this year.
8)

thevikingfan
11-05-2007, 02:20 AM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

"Schutz" wrote:

;D lol.

1808 is his ROOKIE rushing record 2105 is the ALL TIME
record for most rushing yards in a season (not including passing yards)

Vikes_King
11-05-2007, 02:24 AM
"Schutz" wrote:

Well lets just hope Peterson breaks Rookie and Total this year.
8)

yup i agree :) lol oh another tidbit! Peterson is on track to do it in 74 less carries, Dickerson averaged about 4.6 yards a carry, Peterson is at 6.6 (the rookie record)

renovikesfan
11-05-2007, 08:18 AM
For AD to break the Rookie and All-Time records for the season, he has to average:

1808 = 97 yds/game
2105 = 135 yds/game

Anybody here think that's possible?
;)

singersp
11-05-2007, 08:22 AM
Time for Minnesota Vikings' Adrian Peterson to reset his goals (http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_7371635)

BY DON SEEHOLZER
Pioneer Press
Article Last Updated: 11/04/2007 11:28:53 PM CST

Adrian Peterson went into his rookie season with the goal of rushing for 1,800 yards, but he might have to revise it upward.

With 1,036 at the halfway mark after Sunday's record-setting 296-yard game against the San Diego Chargers, the Vikings' No. 1 draft choice could be headed for the best rushing season by a rookie - or anyone - in NFL history....

ultravikingfan
11-05-2007, 08:38 AM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

"Schutz" wrote:

"Vikes_King" wrote:

"Schutz" wrote:

;D lol.

#2-2,066
#3-2,053

oh i didnt notice you put 1984, not '83.
and besides, the record i meant this thread for is his ROOKIE rushing record
;D
i guess i should have noticed since 1808+390 = 2198 not 2105
:) lol

Dude, it was 1984.
He gave you think link from NFL.com.

You were pretty strong in saying how people were wrong....YOU WERE!
Check next time!

Why would a rushing record include receiving yards in the first place?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/records.jpg

hx38596
11-05-2007, 08:47 AM
Can we get a countdown to when he'll get drug tested??
I mean seriously...
there's usually a reason for un-human performances like that.

Just what kind of 'therapy' did he have on his shoulder in the offseason?

jdvike
11-05-2007, 08:59 AM
"hx38596" wrote:

I mean seriously...

Judging by the "Pud Pounder" name I'm guessing that you are a Packer or Bear Fan....jealousy is an ugly ugly thing.

Keep grasping at straws dude....Rookie wall...fluke...drug induced performance....make up your mind....which is it?

ultravikingfan
11-05-2007, 12:05 PM
"jdvike" wrote:

"hx38596" wrote:

I mean seriously...

Judging by the "Pud Pounder" name I'm guessing that you are a Packer or Bear Fan....jealousy is an ugly ugly thing.

Keep grasping at straws dude....Rookie wall...fluke...drug induced performance....make up your mind....which is it?

He is a Cow-gals fan that is jumping on the AD Bandwagon.

NordicNed
11-05-2007, 12:38 PM
Bottom line is this, if the O line and Recievers keep blocking like they did yesterday, the sky is the limit.
So I say YES, there is a very good possibility he breaks the season rushing record.......

Zeus
11-05-2007, 12:39 PM
"hx38596" wrote:

I mean seriously...

Sorry to be the one to tell you, but AD has been drug-tested a minimum of 4 times already this season.

=Z=

BadlandsVikings
11-05-2007, 01:05 PM
Take one game at a time, don't want to jinx him.

Marrdro
11-05-2007, 02:45 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:

Even though I have worn the same T-shirt under my Jersey for quiet a few Sundays and I know were my lucky purple socks (thanks Singer) I am not usually a superstitous individual, however,,,,,......

I gotta go with BLV here.
This kindof talk scares me.
Next thing you know you will all want him on the cover of that damn Madden game.
:o

How about we just let it ride a bit and not ruffle the feathers of the powers that be and lets just let the kid do what he does.

If at the end of the year he gets the individual awards and recognition then good for him.

singersp
11-05-2007, 03:02 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

Even though I have worn the same T-shirt under my Jersey for quiet a few Sundays and I now wear my lucky purple socks (thanks Singer) I am not usually a superstitous individual, however,,,,,......

I've been trying to figure out since you left how in the hell you can even put that shirt (or what's left of it)on & take it off without having it fall to the floor in shreds.

One day, I assume there will be nothing left to it but the neck band & you'll still continue to wear it.

Marrdro
11-05-2007, 03:08 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Even though I have worn the same T-shirt under my Jersey for quiet a few Sundays and I now wear my lucky purple socks (thanks Singer) I am not usually a superstitous individual, however,,,,,......

I've been trying to figure out since you left how in the hell you can even put that shirt (or what's left of it)on & take it off without having it fall to the floor in shreds.

One day, I assume there will be nothing left to it but the neck band & you'll still continue to wear it.

Wildman said I should frame it so he can show his kids what kindof nut his dad was.
The way its working this year, I believe I might retire it and rely on the socks and a few hats.
;D

Mr-holland
11-05-2007, 03:57 PM
as much as i love AD, it's gonne be tough getting the double he has now as i'm not seeing him getting that unless he has again at least 1 200 yrd games

Schutz
11-05-2007, 05:48 PM
Yeah, but did you see AP getting 1000 yards in 8 games at the start of the season?
Don't rule the kid out that easy.

ultravikingfan
11-05-2007, 06:00 PM
"Schutz" wrote:

Yeah, but did you see AP getting 1000 yards in 8 games at the start of the season?

I predicted it:

AD will have 1036 yards at the end of game #8

Frostbite
11-05-2007, 06:06 PM
I've been watching the Vikings teams for a long time. I have not seen any back in a Vikings Uniform like Peterson. I saw Chuck Foreman...Hershall Walker....Robert Smith and many others over the years. None were as explosive and as strong as this kid is.

Talk about a cross of tallent between say... a Barry Sanders and Walter Peyton....This guy is it!

I don't want to jinx him...but if he stays healthy and can avoid any serious injuries he could very well end up the greatest Vikings Running back ever.

I think he can destroy records if he stays healthy....and especially if the O-line opens some holes for him. He doesn't need much of a gap to make things happen, and he does a lot after breaking loose from the front line area, but his blocking will have to help him.

Eric Dickerson had one of the best O-lines in football on the Ram team at the time. Sometimes people forget about how important these trench warriors are in the Scheem of great running. Taking nothing away from A.P.....he truly is special.

JMHO

Frostbite
11-05-2007, 06:26 PM
I know Eric played for other teams later....but I did not mention these because he gained most of his yards as a member of the Rams.

Cheers!

jessejames09
11-05-2007, 08:07 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"hx38596" wrote:

I mean seriously...

Sorry to be the one to tell you, but AD has been drug-tested a minimum of 4 times already this season.

=Z=

Hahahaha talk about a packer fan in denial. He was the same physical specimen when he was a Freshman at OU.

AD is a freak of nature. And as long as he can still run you packer fans (cajun too) will have to deal with getting beat up on defense.

ultravikingfan
11-05-2007, 08:13 PM
"jessejames09" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"hx38596" wrote:

I mean seriously...

=Z=

Hahahaha talk about a packer fan in denial. He was the same physical specimen when he was a Freshman at OU.

AD is a freak of nature. And as long as he can still run you packer fans (cajun too) will have to deal with getting beat up on defense.

He's a Cow-fags fan.

singersp
11-06-2007, 07:07 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Schutz" wrote:

I predicted it:

AD will have 1036 yards at the end of game #8

LOL! Do you have a link for that prediction?
;)

singersp
11-06-2007, 07:47 AM
Minnesota Vikings rookie Adrian Peterson is earning more than yards (http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_7380130)

Rookie's contract incentives already kicking in

BY SEAN JENSEN
Pioneer Press
Article Last Updated: 11/06/2007 12:33:45 AM CST

Halfway through his rookie season, Vikings running back Adrian Peterson is piling up the yards and the cash.

Peterson, who already has guaranteed himself a one-time, $2.45 million bonus by surpassing 701 yards rushing, is halfway to another sizable incentive. He can add $2.5 million to his $2.695 million base salary for 2010 by topping 1,000 yards in two of his first three seasons.

Marrdro
11-06-2007, 09:29 AM
"singersp" wrote:

Minnesota Vikings rookie Adrian Peterson is earning more than yards (http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_7380130)

Rookie's contract incentives already kicking in

BY SEAN JENSEN
Pioneer Press
Article Last Updated: 11/06/2007 12:33:45 AM CST

Halfway through his rookie season, Vikings running back Adrian Peterson is piling up the yards and the cash.

Peterson, who already has guaranteed himself a one-time, $2.45 million bonus by surpassing 701 yards rushing, is halfway to another sizable incentive. He can add $2.5 million to his $2.695 million base salary for 2010 by topping 1,000 yards in two of his first three seasons.

Who is his agent.
Those seem to be pretty realistic incentives.

So much for all the naysayers on here who were making ridiculous comments about how they were limiting his touches so he wouldn't make his incentives.

Simply amazing what some people think/say.

singersp
11-09-2007, 07:43 AM
Vikes' Peterson Too Injury-Prone for NFL Record, Oddsmakers Say (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601079&sid=auTstM9C3NbA&refer=home)

By Erik Matuszewski

bloomberg.com

Nov. 9 (Bloomberg) -- Adrian Peterson's two injury- shortened college seasons show why the Minnesota Vikings rookie will fail to break Eric Dickerson's National Football League season rushing record, according to online oddsmakers......

Vikes_King
11-09-2007, 12:28 PM
"jessejames09" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"hx38596" wrote:

I mean seriously...

=Z=

thats true, he was runner up for the heissman trophy as a true freshman... there was one sports caster (i forget who) who said "Adrian Peterson is the only kid i've ever seen that i thought was good enough coming STRAIGHT OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL to play in the pro's. I've never seen anything like him"

Suick
11-09-2007, 12:42 PM
Peterson will break every record in the book if he stay's healthy. I hate to say it, but his running style will get him hurt eventualy. He has to know when the trip is over and hit the ground or the OB line.

Meanwhile it's a hell of a show to watch. I thought Reggie Bush was the best thing to hit the NFL in decades, but he's not in AP's leauge. No one is.

Vikes_King
11-12-2007, 09:22 AM
Week 9: 1,081 (727 yards to go)

Well.. after a scary game, who knows what will happen the rest of the season. With this kid, anythings possible tho and he still has a chance of taking the NFL Rookie Rushing title, hell even the single season record.

I hope he doesnt push himself too hard to come back from this injury tho.. rest as long as he needs to, we want him to be affective for as long as possible, ecspecially when the team as a whole is better :P

BadlandsVikings
11-12-2007, 11:15 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

Even though I have worn the same T-shirt under my Jersey for quiet a few Sundays and I know were my lucky purple socks (thanks Singer) I am not usually a superstitous individual, however,,,,,......

Next thing you know you will all want him on the cover of that damn Madden game.

How about we just let it ride a bit and not ruffle the feathers of the powers that be and lets just let the kid do what he does.

If at the end of the year he gets the individual awards and recognition then good for him.

I blame his injury on this thread

C Mac D
11-12-2007, 11:18 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:

You said it all right here, Badlands...

Notice I never once posted in this thread. Bad Karma.

Vikes_King
11-13-2007, 03:32 AM
"C" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

You said it all right here, Badlands...

Notice I never once posted in this thread. Bad Karma.

i am taking one game at a time, i update it after each one
;D

Marrdro
11-13-2007, 10:50 AM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

Next thing you know you will all want him on the cover of that gol 'darnit Madden game.

I blame his injury on this thread

I, along with several others tried to warn everyone.

Silly people, only caring or taking into thier thought process individual glory vice looking to the total team effort.

Give everyone in here who worried about the damn record a green dot.
;D

singersp
11-14-2007, 06:27 AM
Didn't I say before the game that a few members jinxed him?
:P

V-Unit
11-14-2007, 04:22 PM
If we are eliminated from plyoff contention before AD gets back, would anyboyd be opposed to benching AD the rest of the year?

Think about it, he has a history of injuries, he's a rookie, he is, and will be, our best offensive weapon for years to come.

tgorsegner
11-14-2007, 04:28 PM
"V" wrote:

If we are eliminated from plyoff contention before AD gets back, would anyboyd be opposed to benching AD the rest of the year?

Think about it, he has a history of injuries, he's a rookie, he is, and will be, our best offensive weapon for years to come.

cutting it down to a roughly equal number of carries with ct or so would be ok, but dont bench him completely. he is a huge game changer no matter what.

ultravikingfan
11-14-2007, 05:06 PM
"V" wrote:

Nope, bench him.

C Mac D
11-14-2007, 05:14 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"V" wrote:

Nope, bench him.

While it's a good idea from our standpoint, it may piss him off because he won't have a chance to earn his incentives... and I want AP to be happy in Minnesota.

jdvike
11-14-2007, 05:17 PM
A.D.'s contract has a lot of incentives...ie. number of carries, number of yards,probowls etc.
If you bench A.D. you deny him a chance to reach some of these incentives which in turn robs him of the ability of making more money.

Benching him sounds like a great idea to me, but im sure Adrian would have a different idea about that...JMO

jdvike
11-14-2007, 05:18 PM
"C" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"V" wrote:

Nope, bench him.

While it's a good idea from our standpoint, it may piss him off because he won't have a chance to earn his incentives... and I want AP to be happy in Minnesota.

beat me to it C mac
;D

C Mac D
11-14-2007, 05:34 PM
"jdvike" wrote:

"C" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"V" wrote:

Nope, bench him.

beat me to it C mac
;D

I want AP to be hear for years to come... so if the kid wants to play, I say let him play.

ultravikingfan
11-14-2007, 05:41 PM
"C" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"V" wrote:

Nope, bench him.

Screw him...throw him the incentives and sit him.

Purple Floyd
11-14-2007, 05:47 PM
If he is healthy there is no reason not to play him. He does need to sit out until he is completely healed regardless of whether playoffs are a possibility, but I would put him in there once he is 100%.

C Mac D
11-14-2007, 05:50 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"C" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"V" wrote:

Nope, bench him.

Screw him...throw him the incentives and sit him.

I like that option the best.

purplepride_1961
11-14-2007, 06:03 PM
I say bench him, don't forget we still have taylor.

BadlandsVikings
11-14-2007, 06:54 PM
Bench him and don't start anymore threads that jinx players.

tke0933
11-14-2007, 07:05 PM
I say bench him until he is 100%.
Look at what incentives he would have made and pay him for that.
Right now, he is our offense and our future.
No need to risk our future for a few records that will be broken in the not to distant future.
If at the end of the year, he can go at full speed, then play him, but not until then.

Marrdro
11-15-2007, 10:54 AM
"V" wrote:

As a fan who doesn't care about his incentives and wants him around for a long time I say sit him.

As a fan who also worries about how he would be percieved by his teamates who are still out there risking injury I say play him if he is healthy.

Pretty tough decision my friends.
::)

NodakPaul
11-15-2007, 11:13 AM
I say play him as soon as he is healthy.
The one thing people keep forgetting about is the rookie wall.

AD has not played more than 10 games in a season yet.
He needs to get his body used to playing at a higher level for a longer period of time.
Sitting him for the rest of this season even though he is healthy would likely mean that he would hit that wall around week 10 or 11 next year.

Even if he only gets to play two more games, that would be better.
Plus he can continue to learn and get valuable experience - there is always more to learn.

V-Unit
11-15-2007, 11:34 AM
Yes!
I have successfully converted this thread from this:

"better yet make a countdown to 2000 i think it is possible...."

To this:

"I say bench him, don't forget we still have taylor."

BadlandsVikings
11-15-2007, 11:37 AM
I say lock the thread so we don't jinx anybody else.

Vikes_King
11-15-2007, 04:50 PM
"V" wrote:

Yes!
I have successfully converted this thread from this:

"better yet make a countdown to 2000 i think it is possible...."

To this:

"I say bench him, don't forget we still have taylor."

oh i'll still be updating! lol

Vikes_King
12-02-2007, 07:38 PM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

With his absolutely stunning performance today, Adrian Peterson is now at 1,036 rushing yards (6.6 yards/carry so far.. lol) and 8 TD's. Eric Dickerson rushed for 1808 yards in 1983 as a rookie for the Los Angeles Rams.

I plan on updating in this thread where he's at after each game, think he'll get it? 8 more games, 772 more yards.
I think he can do it!

Game 12: 1197 (611 to go)

I told you guys i'd bring this thread back
:) needs almost 153 yards per game to get it, if anyone can do it tho, its this kid.

Altho I'd prefer they limit his carries and let CT take a decent amount of snaps too, but AD is always thirsty, he might not say it, but he wants the record

Marrdro
12-02-2007, 07:46 PM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

"Vikes_King" wrote:

I think he can do it!

:) needs almost 153 yards per game to get it, if anyone can do it tho, its this kid.

Altho I'd prefer they limit his carries and let CT take a decent amount of snaps too, but AD is always thirsty, he might not say it, but he wants the record

PAAAAAAAHHHHHHHLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEESSSSEEEEEE

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO
MOOOOORRRRRRREEEEEE
talk about records.

Didn't the last injury teach you that my friend.
;D

Vikes_King
12-02-2007, 07:48 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"Vikes_King" wrote:

"Vikes_King" wrote:

I think he can do it!

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO
MOOOOORRRRRRREEEEEE
talk about records.

;D

Nope
;D

Schutz
12-02-2007, 07:53 PM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

"Vikes_King" wrote:

I think he can do it!

I can't let it dies yet either.
AP has his game back, and I think they'll let him run 20-25 times from now on, especially considering we're in position to make a run.
Not to mention 3 or 4 teams left on our schedule wouldn't know how to stop a three year old from running on them much less AP.
All AP needs is one more BIG game of like 240 yards and he's right back in it.

Marrdro
12-02-2007, 07:54 PM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"Vikes_King" wrote:

"Vikes_King" wrote:

I think he can do it!

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO
MOOOOORRRRRRREEEEEE
talk about records.

;D

Nope
;D

Your killing me my friend.
Cracking me up, but still killing me.

Vikes_King
12-02-2007, 07:55 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"Vikes_King" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"Vikes_King" wrote:

"Vikes_King" wrote:

I think he can do it!

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO
MOOOOORRRRRRREEEEEE
talk about records.

;D

Nope
;D

Your killing me my friend.
Cracking me up, but still killing me.

lol, well if you know anything about me yet, its my endless, blind optimism
;D ;D