PDA

View Full Version : AD Single Game Rushing Record Holder!

jessejames09
11-04-2007, 04:38 PM
296 yards....

Now wheres that charger troll to eat his crow lol?

Who says AD isn't the best back in the league?

MNgriff
11-04-2007, 04:39 PM
AD FOR MVP!

Purplemania
11-04-2007, 04:40 PM
I was going to seriously shoot Chilly if he didn't allow AD to get those last few remaining yards!

sharper42
11-04-2007, 04:41 PM
he is simply amazing

COJOMAY
11-04-2007, 04:41 PM
"Purplemania" wrote:

I was going to seriously shoot Chilly if he didn't allow AD to get those last few remaining yards!

LOL, me too. I don't think he knew what was going on until someone in the booth told him.
Congratulats AD

DaunteHOF
11-04-2007, 04:42 PM
Now for the rookie rushing record....

achilton87
11-04-2007, 04:43 PM
Wow! simply wow.

Frostbite
Talk about another Gear...This guy has it. The defenders on the Chargers must be thinking they have lost a step after today....especially the DBs trying to catch A.P. Let's not forget the O-line though...They were a major part of the running success today. They opened some massive holes...especially in the second half.

Cheers!

Freya
Dang he is fun to watch! I'm so glad he is a Viking! Congrats to AD on his new record!

MetalMike-LoudVike
GOOD GRAVY that is one bad MOFO. Can the rest of the league say Rookie of the Year?

MNgriff
11-04-2007, 04:45 PM
"Purplemania" wrote:

Really and what would you have done to chilly if AD had a season ending injury trying to get a record. AD will shatter his own record. If he was injured the torches would have been lit for chilly.

Purplemania
11-04-2007, 04:45 PM
Now to break LT's TD mark and LJ's rushing yard mark.

PurplePeopleEaters
11-04-2007, 04:47 PM
On another note, before the game he had 740 rushing yards and gained 296 in the game which puts him over the 1000 yard mark. At week 9.... simply amazing.

kjdaddy
11-04-2007, 04:48 PM
"Freya" wrote:

Dang he is fun to watch! I'm so glad he is a Viking! Congrats to AD on his new record!

Seriously!!
That was the most fun I've had watching a game in a loooong time!!!!
Hooray for us to have him!
He is beautiful! (mancrush)

IndoViking
11-04-2007, 04:49 PM
MVP! MVP! MVP! ;D

El Vikingo
11-04-2007, 04:50 PM
AD MARRY ME!!!!!!!!!

kjdaddy
11-04-2007, 04:50 PM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

On another note, before the game he had 740 rushing yards and gained 296 in the game which puts him over the 1000 yard mark. At week 9.... simply amazing.

again...wow!
What else do you say?

kjdaddy
11-04-2007, 04:52 PM
"IndoViking" wrote:

MVP! MVP! MVP! ;D

I think rookie of the year is an understatement...Do they give out rookie of the century??

threepete21
11-04-2007, 05:01 PM
what is the single season rushing record?
Could he do it?

COJOMAY
11-04-2007, 05:03 PM
"kjdaddy" wrote:

"IndoViking" wrote:

MVP! MVP! MVP! ;D

I think rookie of the year is an understatement...Do they give out rookie of the century??

Thee is no doubt, unless he gets seriously injured, he will be "Rookie Of The Year." The guys from CBS were just in awe of him today.

COJOMAY
11-04-2007, 05:04 PM
"kjdaddy" wrote:

"IndoViking" wrote:

MVP! MVP! MVP! ;D

Unless he gets seriously injured there is no doubt that he will win "Rookie Of The Year" honors. The CBS crew today was just in awe of him.

PurpleGator
11-04-2007, 05:05 PM
"MetalMike-LoudVike" wrote:

GOOD GRAVY that is one bad MOFO. Can the rest of the league say Rookie of the Year?

Who is Moss when you have Peterson.

This cat is Awesome!

gregair13
11-04-2007, 05:11 PM
its so nice

COJOMAY
11-04-2007, 05:12 PM
Here's what AD's done so far...
* He topped 200 yards rushing for the second time in one season, a feat no other rookie has accomplished.

* He reached 1,036 yards rushing for the season, putting him on pace to smash Eric Dickerson's rookie record of 1,808 yards set in 1983. Dickerson's all-time record of 2,105 yards in 1984 is in reach, too.

* He set the NFL's single-game rushing record at the midpoint of his rookie season.

MaxVike
11-04-2007, 05:13 PM
Breathtaking talent.
He truly is amazing.
I will never forget watching that performance...I had goosebumps everytime he took the ball.
Great blocking, insane speed, strength, and, the looks on the Chargers faces were truly priceless.
I actually thought he was gonna go on that horse collar tackle at the end of the game.
WOW, thank you AD, that was AWESOME
:o

Benet
11-04-2007, 05:14 PM
Can you say Offensive Rookie of the Year?

Can you say an all-expenses-paid trip to Hawaii?

Can you say "You might wanna start worrying about that record, Dickerson"?

Can you ask why the Raiders, Lions, Browns, Bucs, Cardinals nor the Redskins took AD?

vikes_4_life_42
11-04-2007, 05:25 PM
AD had an amazing game. Not to take anything away from him, but there was excellent blocking as well. I would love to see this every single week. I think we definately came out and suprised the Chargers, and hopefully put a little fear into the teams we play the rest of the year. I loved one of the comments made by the announcers: "Don't reach for a potato chip while this guy is running!"

nephilimstorm
11-04-2007, 05:26 PM
They sure did miss out on a sure diamond in AP

Marrdro
11-04-2007, 05:36 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

Here's what AD's done so far...
* He topped 200 yards rushing for the second time in one season, a feat no other rookie has accomplished.

* He reached 1,036 yards rushing for the season, putting him on pace to smash Eric Dickerson's rookie record of 1,808 yards set in 1983. Dickerson's all-time record of 2,105 yards in 1984 is in reach, too.

* He set the NFL's single-game rushing record at the midpoint of his rookie season.

Think what he would do if he had some coaches on the sideline that weren't holding him back.
;D

Att
Yds
TD's
Long
A. Peterson

C. Taylor

Amazing, simply amazing.
;D

MaxVike
11-04-2007, 05:43 PM
You knew he was special, but, at first, you didn't want to get too excited.
There was one run in preseason during which, he introduced to the League (at the Jets...the spin then the pounding of the Safety on a 60 yard run).

Goodness gracious...the magnitude of this performance is just now setting in.
Game 8 in his career, AD sets the NFL record for yards; don't wake me up and tell me he's on another team.

kjdaddy
11-04-2007, 05:44 PM
"Benet" wrote:

Can you ask why the Raiders, Lions, Browns, Bucs, Cardinals nor the Redskins took AD?

Fogive me for ever even thinking Quinn.
Forgive me AP!!!!!!
Never ever again.
I'm sooooorrrryyyyy!!!!!!

michaelmazid
11-04-2007, 07:47 PM
AP is our new randy moss. All we need now is a decent QB and we'll be in the playoffs every year.

VKG4LFE
11-04-2007, 08:03 PM
"kjdaddy" wrote:

"Benet" wrote:

Fogive me for ever even thinking Quinn.
Forgive me AP!!!!!!
Never ever again.
I'm sooooorrrryyyyy!!!!!!

At least you weren't on the news saying to take Quinn :(

Congrats to AD, you are a freakin' beast!

VikingMike
11-04-2007, 08:14 PM
Incredible...I just saw the video of his press conference. This kid is absolutely the most explosive player to hit the league in some time. What a pleasure to watch...how can he be so humble? Nice touch...he's simply unbelievable. Now we have to get some offensive guys to complement his talent, and we are on the way. Congrats AD!

V-Unit
11-04-2007, 08:25 PM
I had the pleasure of watching this game with 3 OU alums.

Tarkenator
11-04-2007, 08:44 PM
All this accomplished at just the halfway mark in his rookie season is mind boggling.
I've been watching the gameday wrap-up coverages of the various networks and they seem to mention AP's record almost in passing, as if it's no big deal.

I've never really bought into the media not showing the Vikes any respect, but a rookie breaking such an important record midpoint in the season?
I would think that warrants more praise than they've given.
Quite honestly, such a thing happening is almost unthinkable.
If we settle in with a good QB before our Defense gets too old, the Vikes are going to be a very dangerous team.

I won't throw off on Moss, he seems to have matured and there is no denying he still has it.
He gave me some of my most exciting moments as a longtime Vike fan.
When he was on the field, no matter the score, I always felt we had a chance to win.
His stats in this, his tenth year, 11TDs and almost 800 yards (also halfway through the season), speak volumes toward his ability.

But that's enough about him; today is all about AP.
Grats to the rookie, and tip of the hat to the Vikes for having the insight to snag him.

bettsy
11-04-2007, 08:45 PM
As an Okie who grew up in Minnesota, I must say AD couldn't have happened to a better team.
Now, get yourself a decent quarterback and a few receivers to keep defenses on their toes.
What you'll find is that no matter how well Adrian does, he's the same great, humble guy who only wants to help his team win.
Watching him play for 3 years was one of the best experiences I've had with football.
So, enjoy!

DustinDupont
11-04-2007, 08:48 PM
"bettsy" wrote:

As an Okie who grew up in Minnesota, I must say AD couldn't have happened to a better team.
Now, get yourself a decent quarterback and a few receivers to keep defenses on their toes.
What you'll find is that no matter how well Adrian does, he's the same great, humble guy who only wants to help his team win.
Watching him play for 3 years was one of the best experiences I've had with football.
So, enjoy!

watchin him play for the first first 8 games of his career, and its already one of my best experiences

Webby
11-04-2007, 08:56 PM
"bettsy" wrote:

So, enjoy!

Thanks for the well wishes, and glad to hear that about him.
Stick around, good to have you here!

Marrdro
11-04-2007, 08:59 PM
"bettsy" wrote:

So, enjoy!

Welcome my newest purple friend.

Post well and often.

COJOMAY
11-04-2007, 10:30 PM
Peterson’s 64-yard touchdown run in the third quarter was a record-setter. With the play, Peterson became the franchise leader in 50-yard plays, rookie rushing touchdowns and rookie rushing yards.
(From the Vikings.com website)

singersp
11-05-2007, 12:07 AM
AD's on pace to have a 2,072 yard season with 16 TD's.

litlharsh
11-05-2007, 12:14 AM
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r60/dynasty9889/nonexpert.jpg

haha awww resized. A poster named The Dynasty on another board made it, it rules.

DustinDupont
11-05-2007, 12:16 AM
"singersp" wrote:

AD's on pace to have a 2,072 yard season with 16 TD's.

lets hope he keeps it up

StillPurple
11-05-2007, 12:26 AM
I can't wait for AP to break OJ Simpson's record. I will drink to that !

Frostbite
11-05-2007, 12:26 AM
Adrian Peterson is perhaps the best running back I have seen on any vikings roster, and we have had some really great ones since the 60s too. He reminds me of a Barry Sanders in strength and having the vision for finding the creases to run into, while also having the power and sheer determination of a Walter Peyton.

And speed.....This kid has another gear that makes DBs think they have lost a step while they are trying to catch him. It's a deceptive speed like an Anteloupe has at times. It makes the Lion think it's going full out and then kicks in the after burners to escape.

I though Robert Smith was Great...and he was....but this kid is off to a great start and has the potential to be the greatest Viking running back ever. It was an absolute thrill to watch him break the record today.....one I will never forget.

Cheers!

Vikes_King
11-05-2007, 01:45 AM
im keeping my ticket to this game forever.. lol, it was SO amazing, the energy in the dome everytime he touched the ball was just crazy.. god it was fun

hx38596
11-05-2007, 01:50 AM
Interesting excerpt from a OK column

http://newsok.com/article/3164295/1194236749

Peterson gained 253 yards in the second half. He's not running against Bill Callahan's Nebraska defense. Peterson's running against the Bears and the Chargers.

LaDanian Tomlinson is considered the best football player in current circulation. LT has had four 200-yard rushing games in his seven seasons. Earl Campbell had four 200-yard rushing games in 1980 alone but had no other 200-yard games. Barry Sanders had four 200-yard games in his career. So did the epic Brown.

Peterson has had two halfway through his rookie year.

Peterson is not doing this in an age of pyrotechnic running totals. Football's Space Age inflates the numbers of quarterbacks, not tailbacks. It's harder than ever to run the football in the NFL, yet the 22-year-old Oklahoma ruffian is making the world's best defenses look silly.

This is 21-year-old Tiger Woods winning the 1997 Masters by a dozen strokes. This is 24-year-old Wilt Chamberlain averaging 37 points and 27 rebounds as a 1960 NBA rookie. This is 25-year-old Babe Ruth hitting 54 home runs in 1920, his first year as a full-time hitter.

Vikes_King
11-05-2007, 01:52 AM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

Peterson’s 64-yard touchdown run in the third quarter was a record-setter. With the play, Peterson became the franchise leader in 50-yard plays, rookie rushing touchdowns and rookie rushing yards.
(From the Vikings.com website)

he tied randy moss' record of 7 50 yard plays, isn't the sole title holder yet

Vikes_King
11-05-2007, 01:56 AM
"hx38596" wrote:

Interesting excerpt from a OK column

http://newsok.com/article/3164295/1194236749

Peterson gained 253 yards in the second half. He's not running against Bill Callahan's Nebraska defense. Peterson's running against the Bears and the Chargers.

LaDanian Tomlinson is considered the best football player in current circulation. LT has had four 200-yard rushing games in his seven seasons. Earl Campbell had four 200-yard rushing games in 1980 alone but had no other 200-yard games. Barry Sanders had four 200-yard games in his career. So did the epic Brown.

Peterson has had two halfway through his rookie year.

Peterson is not doing this in an age of pyrotechnic running totals. Football's Space Age inflates the numbers of quarterbacks, not tailbacks. It's harder than ever to run the football in the NFL, yet the 22-year-old Oklahoma ruffian is making the world's best defenses look silly.

This is 21-year-old Tiger Woods winning the 1997 Masters by a dozen strokes. This is 24-year-old Wilt Chamberlain averaging 37 points and 27 rebounds as a 1960 NBA rookie. This is 25-year-old Babe Ruth hitting 54 home runs in 1920, his first year as a full-time hitter.

haha wow just read that after my last post, if AP was any other man, the size of his ego... would be unmeasurable.. but he's still like one of the most modest men in the game.. having your name mentioned among so many greats like that in all different sports.. well i think it speaks for itself

singersp
11-05-2007, 07:29 AM
Adrian Peterson: Running down a record (http://www.nfl.com/home)

singersp
11-05-2007, 08:13 AM
Adrian Peterson gives Minnesota Vikings 296 reasons for hope (http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_7371657)

BY DON SEEHOLZER
Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 11/05/2007 12:14:55 AM CST

All Peterson did Sunday in his eighth game as a pro was rush for more yards than any back in NFL history, gashing the Chargers' seventh-ranked run defense for 296 yards on 30 carries to break the mark of 295 set by Baltimore's Jamal Lewis in a 2003 game against Cleveland....

Zeus
11-05-2007, 08:20 AM
"jessejames09" wrote:

296 yards....

I do!
I heard someone on ESPN this morning (it might have been Jaworski) talk about how he's the best RUNNER in the league, but not the best back.
AD clearly needs work on his blocking on passing situations (that's why Chester keeps trotting onto the field on 3rd-and-long) and is also a raw receiver out of the backfield.

But, woooooweee, can he run!

=Z=

NordicNed
11-05-2007, 09:01 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"jessejames09" wrote:

296 yards....

I do!
I heard someone on ESPN this morning (it might have been Jaworski) talk about how he's the best RUNNER in the league, but not the best back.
AD clearly needs work on his blocking on passing situations (that's why Chester keeps trotting onto the field on 3rd-and-long) and is also a raw receiver out of the backfield.

=Z=

It's all good to me,,,LMAO

Every week, I have to decide to start either AD or LT in my PPO FF LEAUGE,
oh shit, I can start both.....LOL

singersp
11-05-2007, 09:06 AM
"NordicNed" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"jessejames09" wrote:

296 yards....

I do!

=Z=

Who did you start yesterday? If you started both, AD carried LT.

NordicNed
11-05-2007, 09:16 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"NordicNed" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"jessejames09" wrote:

296 yards....

I do!

=Z=

You get to start 2 RB's in the game Singer,
I had AD and LT....LOL........AD put up a whooping 55 points for me.....

singersp
11-05-2007, 09:30 AM
"NordicNed" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"NordicNed" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"jessejames09" wrote:

296 yards....

I do!

=Z=

I know you do. All I am saying is that with AD's great game & LT's miserable one, between the two combined you still did alright.

AD's great performance made up the difference for where LT's dropped considerably.

NordicNed
11-05-2007, 09:35 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"NordicNed" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"NordicNed" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

296 yards....

I do!

=Z=

I know you do. All I am saying is that with AD's great game & LT's miserable one, between the two combined you still did alright.

AD's great performance made up the difference for where LT's dropped considerably.

Even though we held LT to a low number for Rushing yards, he still punched one in for a TD....TD's are what gives you the best return on points for the FF Team......So all in all, it was a good day for my RB's...

El Vikingo
11-05-2007, 10:20 AM
"litlharsh" wrote:

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r60/dynasty9889/nonexpert.jpg

haha awww resized. A poster named The Dynasty on another board made it, it rules.

Screw you(I d say fuck you but I am very educated)

happy camper
11-05-2007, 10:38 AM
It would be a nice touch if before the next home game, a little thing comes up on the screen and the announcer congratulates AD on the new single game rushing record.

gr8vike
11-05-2007, 10:49 AM
"happy" wrote:

It would be a nice touch if before the next home game, a little thing comes up on the screen and the announcer congratulates AD on the new single game rushing record.

They did that at the end of the game when everyone had already left to get home for the Colts Patriots game. I was still there because I have a 4 hour drive home and know I wouldnt get home for it. But yeah they should have the fans that did not get to congratulate him be able to.

Slade
11-05-2007, 11:32 AM
I still can't believe how powerful this kid is. When he gets to the 2nd level, he is gone. Baldinger on Tony Bruno this morning:

" This is the best back in the NFL. Adrian Peterson, Eric Dickerson & Jim Brown are the only backs that share one trait.....they never look back. They know that no one will catch them. The Vikings can make the playoffs, as long as they continue to feed this animal"

- Not bad company for AP to be in.....Dickerson & Brown

michaelmazid
11-05-2007, 12:17 PM
I can't wait for AP to break OJ Simpson's record. I will drink to that !

believe me you don't want AP to break Oj's record. You don't want the juice lurking around the metrodome with his butcher knife, do you?

BadlandsVikings
11-05-2007, 12:22 PM
Congratz on beating prison boy Lewis

SoonersRock
11-05-2007, 03:25 PM
He's somthing of a bad *** huh?

:D

Marrdro
11-05-2007, 03:29 PM
"SoonersRock" wrote:

He's somthing of a bad silliness huh?

You had to edit 7 words?

;D

Seriously my friend he is more than expected. I hope he keeps it up but I think you could have sung his praises in one of the other 5 threads on him.

He is good, but not good enough to have this many threads.
Even Randy Moss only has one
;D

Purple Floyd
11-05-2007, 03:31 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"SoonersRock" wrote:

;D

Seriously my friend he is more than expected. I hope he keeps it up but I think you could have sung his praises in one of the other 5 threads on him.

;D

Be nice
;D ;D ;D ;D
( but I got a good chuckle out of it ;))

Vikingryche
11-05-2007, 03:32 PM
I have always liked him, big college football fan. When he came in as a freshman and just owned everyone i knew he was a stud.. Earlier in the year i posted somewhere on here that A.D. was going to be the best rb to ever put on purple and possibly to ever play. Of course i caught some slack from people on here who of course said dont forget R. Smith, C. Foreman and the likes..
Actually my statement was "he will be the best rb the vikes have ever had BAR NONE"..
Was searchin tryin to find it in here but couldnt.. Anyhow Go Vikes and of course praise A.D.

Marrdro
11-05-2007, 03:33 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"SoonersRock" wrote:

;D

;D

Be nice
;D ;D ;D ;D
( but I got a good chuckle out of it ;))

I couldn't resist.
No harm intended.
;D

NordicNed
11-05-2007, 03:36 PM
"Vikingryche" wrote:

I have always liked him, big college football fan. When he came in as a freshman and just owned everyone i knew he was a stud.. Earlier in the year i posted somewhere on here that A.D. was going to be the best rb to ever put on purple and possibly to ever play. Of course i caught some slack from people on here who of course said dont forget R. Smith, C. Foreman and the likes..
Actually my statement was "he will be the best rb the vikes have ever had BAR NONE"..
Was searchin tryin to find it in here but couldnt.. Anyhow Go Vikes and of course praise A.D.

One thing I happy for, I have 3 different FF teams, and I have AD in two.....LOL

I'll be honest though, I picked him with my purple heart.
I knew he was going to be good, but maybe not this good....Even I'm suprised a litlle bit.......

SoonersRock
11-05-2007, 03:38 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"SoonersRock" wrote:

You had to edit 7 words?

;D

;D

Yeah I did... I couldn't live with "Jiggly butt" as a replacement for A -
S - S

Marrdro
11-05-2007, 03:41 PM
"SoonersRock" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"SoonersRock" wrote:

You had to edit 7 words?

;D

;D

S - S

I kindof get let down when Jiggly Butt doesn't pop up.
Kindof grows on ya after a bit.
;D

singersp
11-05-2007, 03:43 PM
"SoonersRock" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"SoonersRock" wrote:

You had to edit 7 words?

;D

;D

S - S

Then why didn't you simply turn off the word censor?
:P

You can do that in your preferences.

Storm
11-05-2007, 03:43 PM
Two words: Purple Jesus. ;D

SoonersRock
11-05-2007, 03:45 PM
I just dropped by to see what you guys were up to (since I haven't posted much since the draft) and what you were saying about AD. Love that Noris-esque thread :)

After the breakout game vs. the Bears we are now getting all the Vikes games here in OKC, which is nice.

SoonersRock
11-05-2007, 03:47 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"SoonersRock" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"SoonersRock" wrote:

You had to edit 7 words?

;D

;D

S - S

Then why didn't you simply turn off the word censor?
:P

You can do that in your preferences.

Thanks for the heads up... I will do that.

gagarr
11-05-2007, 03:47 PM
I know he's such a good runner that he hasn't been used as a receiver much.
and I think some didn't think he could catch.
But the WCO has always used the RB as receiver.
He's hardly ever thrown too but when he is he usually makes good yds....
Remember his first reception against ATL went 60yds TD.

ItalianStallion
11-05-2007, 03:52 PM
"Storm" wrote:

Two words: Purple Jesus. ;D

Well, he's more of a "gift from God" than Michael Bennett ever was.

BritishVike
11-05-2007, 03:55 PM
Hey all!

Well its been a while since I last posted on here. Its been a bit busy over the last few months for me, truth is im still really busy but I made time last night to watch the Viking on Sky sports!!Its only the second match ive been able to watch them play this year due to the still poor (but improving) nfl coverage over here in the UK.

I just had to get back on here after seeing the Vikes trounce the Chargers last night. Out played them in every aspect in my opinion. It was such a great game to watch, although going into half time I couldnt believe we made such a school boy error by letting them score that TD. But that was literally all I could complain about!!Sure it would have been nice to see us throw for more yardage but when you can get that many yards on the ground does it really matter??!Adrian Peterson is the man!!Anyone who read my posts prior to draft will know how much I wanted a playmaker...somebody we could all get behind to be the face of this Vikings team, I know its still early days in the grand scheme of things but if AD can keep up that 'All Day' mentality he'll be the face of this vikings team for the next five seasons MINIMUM!

Bottom Line...BritishVike has huge hairy man love for Adrian Peterson and what hes doing for this whole Vikings team!!

ejmat
11-05-2007, 04:01 PM
"NordicNed" wrote:

"Vikingryche" wrote:

One thing I happy for, I have 3 different FF teams, and I have AD in two.....LOL

I'll be honest though, I picked him with my purple heart.
I knew he was going to be good, but maybe not this good....Even I'm suprised a litlle bit.......

I'm in 1 FF league and had all intentions on drafting him with my 2nd round pick.
I had the 1st pick of the draft and of course, picked LT.
My Brother-in-law thought I was crazy but I was going to anyway.
The person with the 5th pick took him with his 2nd pick.
He picked Peyton Manning with his 1st picked.
I cursed the guy out.
;D

NordicNed
11-05-2007, 04:04 PM
"BritishVike" wrote:

Hey all!

Well its been a while since I last posted on here. Its been a bit busy over the last few months for me, truth is im still really busy but I made time last night to watch the Viking on Sky sports!!Its only the second match ive been able to watch them play this year due to the still poor (but improving) nfl coverage over here in the UK.

I just had to get back on here after seeing the Vikes trounce the Chargers last night. Out played them in every aspect in my opinion. It was such a great game to watch, although going into half time I couldnt believe we made such a school boy error by letting them score that TD. But that was literally all I could complain about!!Sure it would have been nice to see us throw for more yardage but when you can get that many yards on the ground does it really matter??!Adrian Peterson is the man!!Anyone who read my posts prior to draft will know how much I wanted a playmaker...somebody we could all get behind to be the face of this Vikings team, I know its still early days in the grand scheme of things but if AD can keep up that 'All Day' mentality he'll be the face of this vikings team for the next five seasons MINIMUM!

Bottom Line...BritishVike has huge hairy man love for Adrian Peterson and what hes doing for this whole Vikings team!!

If it's your Hairy Man Love that is bring us luck, please oh please, don't shave........LOL

Nice to see ya back BV....

AngloVike
11-05-2007, 04:06 PM
"BritishVike" wrote:

Hey all!

Nice to hear from you again BritishVike... did you know that the Packers game is the main 6:00pm game on Sky next Sunday ?

Purple Floyd
11-05-2007, 06:46 PM
Back in the 80's I started watching Auburn football games when they were on because of Bo Jackson. He was the single most dominant back I had ever seen and followed him as he went to the raiders( Never liked the raiders,just loved watching Jackson run). I always thought he was the best back I have ever seen run.He had the blinding speed to do with tremendous power that you only see once a generation if you are lucky.

After seeing these 8 games from AP and even without purple shades I will say that AP is every bit of what Bo was and he has more moves. This is a dream come true to have him on my team.

vikingivan
11-05-2007, 06:59 PM
He is great.
Purple Jesus is correct.
We should be able to sell out every game.
I think many fans will pay just to watch him run the ball.

PurplePowerPunch
11-05-2007, 07:05 PM
Like I said before about AD. He's runs with no fear at all, and he gets stronger and stronger as the game goes on. It's like he's in a fight out there on the field. Single game rushing record as a rookie is awesome and just down right amazing.

VikingQuest83
11-05-2007, 07:09 PM
He just raised the price of season tickets for the next decade, and it will be worth every penny.

Simply amazing.

MaxVike
11-05-2007, 08:04 PM
My favorite quote about Adrian Peterson was coyned by John Gruden, shown on NFL Monday Night Countdown, "that's not Adrian Peterson, that's Jim Brown with #28 on his chest."
He went on to say he's "never seen a rookie come into the NFL and dominate like 'him,'" gotta love Gruden.

singersp
11-06-2007, 07:32 AM
Vikings: Fine-tuning a talent (http://www.startribune.com/510/story/1531025.html)

Adrian Peterson's skills are stunning enough, but his ability to take direction and set up his blockers made him a record-setter Sunday.

By Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune

Last update: November 05, 2007 – 10:47 PM

The adjustment was subtle, noticeable only to the people who had suggested it. Late in Sunday's 35-17 victory over San Diego, however, Vikings coach Brad Childress picked it up.....

singersp
11-06-2007, 08:08 AM
And hundreds rejoiced (http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/?p=1106)

November 5th, 2007 – 11:36 AM
by Kevin Seifert
startribune.com

Not to nitpick here, but I’m wondering why the Metrodome cleared out so quickly yesterday in the fourth quarter. Yes, the game was essentially in hand after Adrian Peterson’s third touchdown with 7:44 left, but the NFL record was well within reach at that point. By my count, the 46-yard touchdown raised Peterson’s total to nearly 250 yards with half the fourth quarter remaning.....

singersp
11-06-2007, 08:09 AM
"singersp" wrote:

As it turned out, Peterson made NFL history in front of a stadium that was less than half full.

TKE0933 & I were still there.
;)

Marrdro
11-06-2007, 11:12 AM
Wow, alot of little nuggets in that one.

I'll only point out one.......

Childress, in fact, stole a smile with running backs coach Eric Bieniemy at the end of Peterson's run; it was a practice point Bieniemy has been harping on for much of the season

You mean they have been working on something the whole season and just didn't figure something out like give him the ball 5 more times.

Wow.
Mind numbing to get a revalation into how a coaching staff and players work.

;D
;D
;D Heck I thought they just put the players in the right positions to be successfull.
;D
;D
;D
;D

Sorry guys.
Just couldn't resist that one.
Sometimes when posters on here take a stance and then a article/jewel like this one comes out and blows them out of the water I just sit back and giggle.
;D

Zeus
11-06-2007, 11:54 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

Childress, in fact, stole a smile with running backs coach Eric Bieniemy at the end of Peterson's run; it was a practice point Bieniemy has been harping on for much of the season

You mean they have been working on something the whole season and just didn't figure something out like give him the ball 5 more times.

Wow.

;D
;D
;D Heck I thought they just put the players in the right positions to be successfull.

;D
;D
;D
;D

Sorry guys.
Sometimes when posters on here take a stance and then a article/jewel like this one comes out and blows them out of the water I just sit back and giggle.

;D

You're totally reading that article wrong, Marr.
The subtle practice point they are talking about is AD waiting for the blocks to develop.
I've no clue what you're going on about up there.

=Z=

Marrdro
11-06-2007, 12:01 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Wow.

;D
;D

;D
;D
;D
;D

Sorry guys.

;D

You're totally reading that article wrong, Marr.
The subtle practice point they are talking about is AD waiting for the blocks to develop.
I've no clue what you're going on about up there.

=Z=

No, I don't think I read it wrong.

The point I am trying to bring out is the same point I always bring up.

The young kids can have all the talent in the world and the coaches can coach them on those finer points all the time, but until the light comes on and said player executes (i.e. setting up his blocks, waiting on a blocker, shifting a LB with his head etc etc etc) then our team will continue to struggle and look inept.

This article just points out some of the things a player does to help other players that some NFL fans aren't even aware of.

Time and reps my friend.
Time and reps.

And no drastic changes to the scheme or a mindset change by the coaching staff to "Put the Players in a Situation to Succeed" or "Holding the Players Back" as some want us to think.

shockzilla
11-06-2007, 04:35 PM
Just a reminder:

Adrian Peterson currently holds the following records:

-Most rushing yards in a game in NFL history (296)
-Most rushing yards by a Vikings rookie (and he's got half a season left)
-Most plays by a Viking rookie of 50 yards or more (7, tied with Randy Moss)
-Most rushing TDs for a Viking rookie (have I mentioned he's got half a season left?)
-Most total yards by a Viking rookie (and, yes, there's still half a season to go)
-Best rushing performance in Vikings history
-Second-best rushing performance in Vikings history
-Two games in the Top 10 for all-purpose yards in NFL history

;D ;D ;D ;D Now did we REALLY need that reminder?

PurpleGator
11-06-2007, 06:11 PM
AD or as I like to shout in the bar AAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPP.

Is a stud.....

NordicNed
11-06-2007, 06:53 PM
"shockzilla" wrote:

Just a reminder:

Adrian Peterson currently holds the following records:

-Most rushing yards in a game in NFL history (296)
-Most rushing yards by a Vikings rookie (and he's got half a season left)
-Most plays by a Viking rookie of 50 yards or more (7, tied with Randy Moss)
-Most rushing TDs for a Viking rookie (have I mentioned he's got half a season left?)
-Most total yards by a Viking rookie (and, yes, there's still half a season to go)
-Best rushing performance in Vikings history
-Second-best rushing performance in Vikings history
-Two games in the Top 10 for all-purpose yards in NFL history

;D ;D ;D ;D Now did we REALLY need that reminder?

When did I miss all this Shock?.....

::)

;D

You forgot one,

First rookie ever to run for TWO /
TWO HUNDRED PLUS RUSHING YARDS IN A GAME,
( There's still half a season to go ).

;)

NordicNed
11-06-2007, 06:59 PM
"singersp" wrote:

November 5th, 2007 – 11:36 AM
by Kevin Seifert
startribune.com

Not to nitpick here, but I’m wondering why the Metrodome cleared out so quickly yesterday in the fourth quarter. Yes, the game was essentially in hand after Adrian Peterson’s third touchdown with 7:44 left, but the NFL record was well within reach at that point. By my count, the 46-yard touchdown raised Peterson’s total to nearly 250 yards with half the fourth quarter remaning.....

Why the hell would any Viking Fan leave that game early, it's beyond reason to me..... ::)

Frostbite
11-07-2007, 01:30 AM
I have to admit that I am just as excited about Adrian Peterson today as I was about Chuck Foreman back in the 70s.

Take a look at these stats from days gone by (old School) and tell me which ones A.P. will match and surpass. Then ask yourself this question. Does he have a chance to be the Best Vikings R.B. ever?

Chuck Foreman named A.P. Offensive Rookie of the Year in 1973. 182 carries/801 yards. 37 catches for 362 yards.

51 TDs over a 3 year span. (1974-1976)

3 straight seasons of 1000+ yards (1975-1977)

NFC Record 22 TDs in 14 games.

Rush Yards 5,950 with 1,556 carries averaging 3.8 yards per carry.

350 pass receptions for 3,156 yards with a 9 yard per catch average.

At that time in Vikings History we ran a lot of plays with throws to Chuck out of the Backfield. The goal was to make the catch and then make the first guy miss a tackle. Our offense was sort of a pre-cursor to the West Coast Offense.

If Adrian stays healthy I think he can smash most if not all of these numbers.

Robert Smith was pretty darn great too! Throw some of his numbers in here too. I still believe Adrian can go on to surpass all Vikings R.B. stats from any era.

Cheers!

HornedHat
11-07-2007, 01:48 AM
Dude, not much of a stretch, is it? Chuck IS the best RB we've ever had. He nearly had the rushing title in ( I forget the year). He just missed it against OJ. I believe he could have had the title that year, but Bud took him out of the game ( and Chuck didn't cry about it). Chuck would have been HOF, but didn't play enough seasons, apparently. Doctor Smith retired early, so he only had a few good years as well. This kid, AP/AD is an entirely different animal. He is looking like an all-timer. Not just the best Viking RB, but possibly among the all time best, extrapolating the numbers forward. I was beating the drum to draft him, just for this reason. If he continues playing for us, at near this level, he will be OUR Barry Sanders, Jim Brown, Eric Dickerson, Walter Payton. From what I've seen, he is well on his way, and I couldn't be happier!

Vikes_King
11-07-2007, 02:28 AM
Chuck Foreman was a great player & is a great man.. but i'm pretty sure he's already came to terms with the fact that its time to pass the torch AP :) lol

Schutz
11-07-2007, 02:43 AM
I'm too young to have seen Foreman live, but it has been awhile since a viking RB has had that impact, we had near that level in Robert but I think if AP can stay healthy this could usher in a new era of Vikings football philosophy.
Just like the 90's turned us into a high octane offensive team, or the 70's had the hard hitting purple people eaters, I could see this turning into a near decade of ground and pound football in Minnesota, I'm excited, although we do need to work on ball control , AP is just scoring too fast.
;D

singersp
11-07-2007, 07:44 AM
The Hall awaits (http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/?p=1109)

November 6th, 2007 – 10:24 AM

by Judd Zulgad
startribune.com

Adrian Peterson’s record-setting rushing performance Sunday has the Pro Football Hall of Fame eager to land either the football that he carried to set the mark or a piece of equipment the rookie was wearing....

singersp
11-07-2007, 08:31 AM
Vikings' Peterson on fast track to greatness (http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/nwsltr/sports/fromthe50/stories/110707dnspofromthe50.1e3b721f8.html)

12:33 AM CST on Wednesday, November 7, 2007

dallasnews.com

Marcus Allen spent 16 seasons and 222 games as an NFL running back, ranking 11th on the all-time rushing list on his way to the Hall of Fame. But never once did he rush for 200 yards in a game in his career..........

singersp
11-07-2007, 08:32 AM
Well On His Way (http://www.vikings.com/NewsArticle_wellonhisway11607.aspx)

11/6/2007

By Mike Wobschall, vikings.com

Although the coverage and response to Adrian Peterson’s record-setting performance on Sunday against the Chargers has been virtually non-stop, it’s still hard to overstate the scope of his effort and the significance of the results.......

Prophet
11-07-2007, 09:24 AM
Congrats AD, that was a fun game to watch.
Did you see some of those holes, damn, good job by the o-line too.
That is impressive, top performance all time.
Congrats to purple jesus.

PurpleTide
11-07-2007, 09:33 AM
SWEEEET!

singersp
11-09-2007, 06:43 AM
Peterson speaks (http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/?p=1118)

November 8th, 2007 – 12:52 PM
by Kevin Seifert
startribune.com

RB Adrian Peterson met with the media Thursday for the first time since his record-breaking 296-yard performance in last Sunday’s 35-17 victory over San Diego. Among the congratulatory calls he said he has received was one from Hall of Fame RB Barry Sanders.....

singersp
11-09-2007, 06:58 AM
Vikings: Peterson still feeling the rush of his record day (http://www.startribune.com/vikings/story/1538602.html)

Last update: November 08, 2007 – 8:20 PM

startribune.com

Five days later, it still is sinking in for Adrian Peterson. He's still getting messages from the likes of Barry Sanders -- and still wondering if he really set the NFL record by rushing for 296 yards Sunday in the Vikings' 35-17 victory over San Diego.....

singersp
11-11-2007, 07:49 AM
Vikings vs. Green Bay: 'All Day' is all the talk (http://www.startribune.com/vikings/story/1542039.html)

Adrian Peterson's big game caused an all-week buzz in NFL circles. With the rookie on a record pace, we checked in with those who have been in his shoes

By Mark Craig and Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune

Last update: November 11, 2007 – 1:08 AM

gr8vike
11-19-2007, 05:49 PM
I did not leave the game early. However I did forget to bring my camera. Does anyone happen to have a picture of the scoreboard at the end of the game when the congratulated Peterson and had 296 yards up there. Please post it here if you do. I saw it and was cussing that I forgot my camera, and havent been able to find it anywhere.

Thanks.

Vikes_King
11-19-2007, 06:22 PM
some of my friends took pictures of it with their cell phones.. thats all i know of :(

VikingMike
11-19-2007, 07:33 PM
"singersp" wrote:

Vikings' Peterson on fast track to greatness (http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/nwsltr/sports/fromthe50/stories/110707dnspofromthe50.1e3b721f8.html)

12:33 AM CST on Wednesday, November 7, 2007

dallasnews.com

Marcus Allen spent 16 seasons and 222 games as an NFL running back, ranking 11th on the all-time rushing list on his way to the Hall of Fame. But never once did he rush for 200 yards in a game in his career..........

I was really surprised at that...he was a great runnner. I would have thought he had a few 200-yd games. He had 50 yds in one run in a Super Bowl!

Great article...really puts things in perspective. We've got a really special guy here.

gr8vike
12-12-2007, 02:31 PM
"gr8vike" wrote:

I did not leave the game early. However I did forget to bring my camera. Does anyone happen to have a picture of the scoreboard at the end of the game when the congratulated Peterson and had 296 yards up there. Please post it here if you do. I saw it and was cussing that I forgot my camera, and havent been able to find it anywhere.

Thanks.

Anyone?

purplepowered
12-12-2007, 10:46 PM
I have the sports Illustrated issue of it in my collection now. I will be going to trainging camp next year to get it auto'd hopefully with that and my jersey. What a great successfull monster. Can you believe we have this man? Think now, AP, Taylor, TJack, Rice, Alison, WOW we have alot to look forward to Congrats to what whould be the MVP for sure the Rookie of the YEAR!

V4L
12-12-2007, 10:54 PM
Im holding onto my ticket and the booklet things they give away