PDA

View Full Version : Vet vs Rookie?



snowinapril
11-01-2007, 05:29 PM
Taylor vs Peterson?

There has been an outcry for the Rookie to start over the Vet.
That outcry was heard last week by Chilly and the change happened,
AD started the game and was promoted to the No.1 back. We all know why (talent) that is not debatable.
But, did Chilly have grounds to hold him back this long.

Since his big game in Chicago, he has put up average numbers?
Why?
Is it the pressure?
Is it because he is a Rook?
Secret weapon is out of the bag?

Rush:





ATT

YDS

TD

LNG
A. Peterson
20
70
0
17
A. Peterson
12
63
1
20
Costly fumble!

KR:
A. Peterson
2
5.avg
0
11
Costly mistake!
A. Peterson
3
21.avg 0
27

Does Chilly have some grounds for protecting the Rook?
I know that everyone wants AD to play, but is it going to come at the expense of a fumble in Dallas and the attempt to take advantage of a rule on a KR and have it backfire in your face?
No doubt the kid needs touches but is there a fine line?

snowinapril
11-01-2007, 05:38 PM
Chicago Game
Rush:
A. Peterson
20
224
3
73
KR:
A. Peterson
4
32.avg 0
53

Nobody is expected to have this kind of game every week.
He did get his touches.
It seems to me that we had people complaining about him running KR duty.
We wouldn't have won with out it.

Now to Taylor.
Taylor did have a lost fumble in this game.

C. Taylor
22
83
0
14........2 more carries than AD a lot less yards.

Dallas and Philly games:

C. Taylor
10
47
0
16 ...... 2 less carries than AD
C. Taylor
6
19
0
9
....... decline in role as AD is starter

Thing we don't see from starts is the situations they have been used in, pass protection.

V-Unit
11-01-2007, 05:45 PM
IMO, it is undeniably clear that sharing 50-50 is the best way to go. I've said it all along. Run it a lot and split carries evenly.

Overlord
11-01-2007, 05:48 PM
"V" wrote:


IMO, it is undeniably clear that sharing 50-50 is the best way to go. I've said it all along. Run it a lot and split carries evenly.


I'm with you on this.

It doesn't have to be 50-50, but something like that.
You can give AD a few more because he is better, but I'm thinking about 20-25 to AD and 15-20 to Taylor.

The only problem is that in our last game the running game wasn't very effective.

cajunvike
11-01-2007, 05:48 PM
Rotate early...then go with whomever has the "hot hand"...or legs, as the case may be.

Of course, neither of this guys is a DeShawn Wynn!

soonerbornNbred
11-01-2007, 05:51 PM
The chicago game AD had done enough(broke decade long records) through out the entire game and shouldnt had to return a 4th Quarter kick had the coaching staff or def let a big lead dissolve


AD would start on 90% of all teams in the NFL but your saying he shouldnt on this 2-5 team...I saw elswhere someone say ZB was why the team was leading the league in rushing the only reason the
team is leading in rushing is AD....AD bottom line no if ands or buts

You put AD on 30 other teams in the NFL he still leads in rushing on half the other teams in the NFL he would have a lot larger margin

For you to think he shouldnt be playing as much shows where your head is at

I do think he should carry the load...should he be backseat to anyone in the NFL, only a select few, a very select few

snowinapril
11-01-2007, 05:56 PM
It seems like if we play him more, they are going to key on him.
If he runs more, that just means we are using less options and are becoming more predictable?
Then it truly becomes if we stop AD we win.
If we play him more, we have to be able to take advantage of passing plays and beat people over the top, that isn't our strong suit.
Plus, I think until they are willing to use AD like Westbrook where he can catch balls on swings or screens, he will targeted by the D as run only, predictable.

Seem like his production, is down even on KR.
I don't know how they can key on him on KR but his avg yds are down.
Kick it away from him like the OB play that pinned us on out 1 foot yd line.

The other thing is, if we play the rookie, we will have rookie mistakes.

I agree with V, splitting carries and mixing things up is best.

In the 3 games above, CT is averaging 3.92 yds/carry

DarrinNelsonguy
11-01-2007, 05:56 PM
I say use them balanced at the begining like Cajun stated but then go to who has the hottest hand. Why not use them more on the field together, like splitting AD out and running some wheel routes with him out of the backfield like we did against ATL? They are our best playmakers and we should use them as such.

snowinapril
11-01-2007, 06:00 PM
"soonerbornNbred" wrote:


The chicago game AD had done enough(broke decade long records) through out the entire game and shouldnt had to return a 4th Quarter kick had the coaching staff or def let a big lead dissolve


AD would start on 90% of all teams in the NFL but your saying he shouldnt on this 2-5 team...I saw elswhere someone say ZB was why the team was leading the league in rushing the only reason the
team is leading in rushing is AD....AD bottom line no if ands or buts

You put AD on 30 other teams in the NFL he still leads in rushing on half the other teams in the NFL he would have a lot larger margin

For you to think he shouldnt be playing as much shows where your head is at

I do think he should carry the load...should he be backseat to anyone in the NFL, only a select few, a very select few


I just posted this in the previous post, but until AD or the coaching staff proves he is a viable pass option, I think that the yrds are going to be harder to come by.
It isn't all about talent. Right now, we still have to get first downs and drive the field.
You are right, if we had a better offense, it wouldn't be an issue.
The situation right now is a difficult one and until the passing game (not just AD) get consistently better, we are going to make it more difficult for AD not to get keyed upon.

snowinapril
11-01-2007, 06:01 PM
"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:


I say use them balanced at the begining like Cajun stated but then go to who has the hottest hand. Why not use them more on the field together, like splitting AD out and running some wheel routes with him out of the backfield like we did against ATL? They are our best playmakers and we should use them as such.


That was one play in ATL.
The coaches are not calling that play for AD, why?

Purple Floyd
11-01-2007, 06:09 PM
I say we just leave him in there as a decoy like the did with Walker. That worked brilliantly

soonerbornNbred
11-01-2007, 06:13 PM
When they take AD out on 3rd I think its stupid, look at last weeks, Chester lets defenders come in unblocked...but nobodies sayin Chesters bad at pickin up pass coverage...

The whole thing saying AD cant block is a myth put up there by childress...so the option has been put in Taylor, well friends thats not working...I too think the RBs should share maybe even as much as 50/50 but do it series...or when AD asked for a blow...

But Im tellin you from watchin him for 4 years you need him in there because you never know when it looks like he is going to be stopped for a loss he sidesteps someone or blows through a tackle and takes it to the HOUSE

Truth

V-Unit
11-01-2007, 06:14 PM
We should relegate AD to 3rd down duties only. The guy is like a poor man's Michael Bennett.

soonerbornNbred
11-01-2007, 06:19 PM
Bench him

save him for 2009

snowinapril
11-01-2007, 06:26 PM
"V" wrote:


We should relegate AD to 3rd down duties only. The guy is like a poor man's Michael Bennett.


LOL

Trade him for Harrington! We need a QB.

soonerbornNbred
11-01-2007, 06:31 PM
Stinkin Rook!! who does he think he is, Hes' lucky hes not carryin Chesters Jock to and from games