PDA

View Full Version : All this Fav-re talk made me think about...

GQVikesfan
11-30-2004, 03:16 PM
last season when Fav-re's dad died and how the media made so much hype that when everytime Fav-re would throw the ball, the heavens would carry it into a Packer recievers hand.. But then when he threw that ball up in the air against Philly at the playoffs.. the heavens carried it into a Philly defenders hands.. yea good times. :thumbleft:

Eyesore
11-30-2004, 03:22 PM
Does Dawn-tay even know who his daddy is? Did'nt think so.

GQVikesfan
11-30-2004, 03:30 PM
"Eyesore" wrote:

See.. then the press can blow it up and say "how Daunte played so great without knowing his dad".. instead of how Fav-re played so great becaue his grandma has a stomach ache or because Fav-re played so great because he lost his dad. I mean you know.. since Fav-re is the only one that plays through adversities..

cajunvike
11-30-2004, 03:32 PM
"Eyesore" wrote:

That is low...even for you, cankersore! It's not Daunte's fault (or any other child born out of wedlock) that he doesn't know who his father is. What matters is who he has become and who had the guts to adopt and raise him as a child of her own...Emma Culpepper deserves way more respect than even Irv Favre does (no disrespect to him)...what she did to rescue Daunte from a certain hard life is immeasurable and Daunte is a credit to her dedication and compassion. Rip on his unknown father for being a total asshole, but if you know who your father is, consider yourself lucky...alot of good kids don't have that option (through no fault of their own).

TheAnimal93
11-30-2004, 03:49 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"Eyesore" wrote:

That is low...even for you, cankersore! It's not Daunte's fault (or any other child born out of wedlock) that he doesn't know who his father is. What matters is who he has become and who had the guts to adopt and raise him as a child of her own...Emma Culpepper deserves way more respect than even Irv Favre does (no disrespect to him)...what she did to rescue Daunte from a certain hard life is immeasurable and Daunte is a credit to her dedication and compassion. Rip on his unknown father for being a total asshole, but if you know who your father is, consider yourself lucky...alot of good kids don't have that option (through no fault of their own).

ditto

purplehorn
11-30-2004, 03:49 PM
"Eyesore" wrote:

I don't know who my daddy is? But my mom
is my sister/cousin :clown: .

Do what :scratch:

Freya
11-30-2004, 04:05 PM
Awesomely well said Cajun!

packmanxxxi
11-30-2004, 06:30 PM
That comment was low, but the first post was just as classless... call it both ways...

snowinapril
11-30-2004, 07:39 PM
"GQVikesfan" wrote:

last season when Fav-re's dad died and how the media made so much hype that when everytime Fav-re would throw the ball, the heavens would carry it into a Packer recievers hand.. But then when he threw that ball up in the air against Philly at the playoffs.. the heavens carried it into a Philly defenders hands.. yea good times. :thumbleft:

I don't think that this statement was suppose to be classless. It was just making a point that the media plays it in farves favor all the time.

Farve showed a lot of guts and his actions speak for themselves.

But the fact is that the media sucks ass! Everything has to have drama and hype.

Eyesore
11-30-2004, 08:38 PM
Ok, sorry about Dawn-tays daddy comment. It was just smack aimed at the guy spouting off about how sick he was of hearing how well Favre played the day after his daddy died.

I take it back

cajunvike
11-30-2004, 09:02 PM
Daunte forgives you.

RandyMoss8404
11-30-2004, 10:52 PM
"Eyesore" wrote:

Wow, you're the poster child for abortion

Eyesore
11-30-2004, 11:01 PM
If I lived in Chicago, I would'nt be a Bears fan either!

Kleinsasser40
11-30-2004, 11:10 PM
I think that proves a point. Daunte is having a better season than Fav, so shouldn't he get a little attention? Yeah, he broke a record, I will give him that and he deserves some attention for it. Honestly though...while the RAMS offense was on the field Madden was still talking about Favre. Its not the Favre show, its football, I want to hear about both teams, not jsut one player because Madden is in a love affair with him. Green Bay is a mediocre team brought slightly above that by the media. When they get a win its straight to the superbowl according to the media. If they lose, "oh well" says the media "they will just win the next five."

If the pack gets a losing record in the next few years I think all of the media wil break down and somehow the world will end because they can't talk about the packers in good light...

Back to the topic though. If it were Favre who didn't know who his dad was they would already have a friggen search team commissioned by ESPN to find him. I dont give a sh*t who it is, they give some players way more coverage than they deserve, and others too little coverage. Favre should get less, Owens should get way way less, Eli is no good, Randy+Daunte connection should get more, stokley should get more. I think manning gets the right amount, at least Manning is not Madden's every other word like Favre, plus Manning is haveing a blowout season. Barber should get more. Drummond should get at least some for his special team efforts. All i'm saying is that most NFL fans are sick of hearing about just Favre, Owens, and McNabb, spread it around a bit!!!!!!!!!!!!

superior230bartime
11-30-2004, 11:24 PM
"Kleinsasser40" wrote:

I think that proves a point. Daunte is having a better season than Fav, so shouldn't he get a little attention? Yeah, he broke a record, I will give him that and he deserves some attention for it. Honestly though...while the RAMS offense was on the field Madden was still talking about Favre. Its not the Favre show, its football, I want to hear about both teams, not jsut one player because Madden is in a love affair with him. Green Bay is a mediocre team brought slightly above that by the media. When they get a win its straight to the superbowl according to the media. If they lose, "oh well" says the media "they will just win the next five."

If the pack gets a losing record in the next few years I think all of the media wil break down and somehow the world will end because they can't talk about the packers in good light...

Back to the topic though. If it were Favre who didn't know who his dad was they would already have a friggen search team commissioned by ESPN to find him. I dont give a sh*t who it is, they give some players way more coverage than they deserve, and others too little coverage. Favre should get less, Owens should get way way less, Eli is no good, Randy+Daunte connection should get more, stokley should get more. I think manning gets the right amount, at least Manning is not Madden's every other word like Favre, plus Manning is haveing a blowout season. Barber should get more. Drummond should get at least some for his special team efforts. All i'm saying is that most NFL fans are sick of hearing about just Favre, Owens, and McNabb, spread it around a bit!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you don't think Randy gets enough talk during his games? All they talk about now is how "mature" Randy has become. "Did you see that? Randy just went over and high-fived his lineman on the sidelines. Wow, I am so impressed at how mature he is becoming?" Things like that get mentioned that are common every game events for most players but for Randy are great signs of maturity. I'm not complaining about it since that is the medias jobs to hype up the stars but the fact you guys don't even notice your own player's hype but constantly bitch about Favre is what puzzles me.

skogs02
11-30-2004, 11:26 PM
your an idiot, go lay by your dish

Eyesore
11-30-2004, 11:29 PM
Kleinsasser40,

You make some valid points about the media. Some of it is bad!

For instance;

eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli payton eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli ......

I wish they would pay these guys for what they do in the NFL and not what they did in college.

Anyway,

eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli lei eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli eli ......

superior230bartime
11-30-2004, 11:34 PM
"skogs02" wrote:

your an idiot, go lay by your dish

Ha Ha. good one Skogs. You sure got me. Any more predictions Nostradamus? Don't worry, you can always say the Eagles suck or blame it on the refs if the packers end up winning and then just move on to next week's prediction for destruction of the pack and great success for the Vikes.

skogs02
11-30-2004, 11:44 PM
randy deserves the talk he gets

superior230bartime
11-30-2004, 11:56 PM
"skogs02" wrote:

Oh, you're right Skogs. Thanks for clearing that up for me, it all makes perfect sense now. Randy deserves his praise but Favre doesn't because Favre has accomplished nothing in his career. The biggest media mistake ever was when the media hyped up Hovan. If there was ever anyone that was overhyped, I'd have to give first prize to him.

skogs02
11-30-2004, 11:57 PM
favre would be a close second

Eyesore
12-01-2004, 12:26 AM
This guy "Hovan," you speak. Can't be overhyped as I've never heard of him. Is he related to Ragnar?

Nightgaunt
12-01-2004, 12:26 AM
Favre is a great QB, dont be blinded by your loyalty to the Vikes. How any of you can even watch a Monday night game without the mute button on is beyond me. Madden is a freeking moron, i would like nothing better to hang him from a tree and stick him like the pig he is, but WAIT! Since he hails from my hometown i should be blinded by loyalty and think he is god! NOT!

Whole lot of you are so blinded by your loyalty it makes me :lol: IRL! OMG Moss needs to play now! Dont mind his hamstring injury and its one of the worst injuries a player of his type can get. He shouldn't played last week,he still hobbled down the field like a crippled man. But OMG he caught a pass for a TD, pleeeeease! Were talking about the Jags here, not like they have any decent backs. Ok, im done venting, just some of you blinded loyalist need to learn to stfu sometimes. :angryfire:

poult
12-01-2004, 12:59 AM
"superior230bartime" wrote:

"skogs02" wrote:

Oh, you're right Skogs. Thanks for clearing that up for me, it all makes perfect sense now. Randy deserves his praise but Favre doesn't because Favre has accomplished nothing in his career. The biggest media mistake ever was when the media hyped up Hovan. If there was ever anyone that was overhyped, I'd have to give first prize to him.

the biggest media mistake ever?????????? that'd probably be hyping mandrich. he was the biggest fucking flop ever, he was worse than ryan leaf. and the pack took him instead of barry..........

there is no way hovan is THE BIGGEST MEDIA MISTAKE EVER when mandrich was gracing SI covers before he even played in the NFL. and you cant even argue that.

cajunvike
12-01-2004, 01:03 AM
"Kleinsasser40" wrote:

Stokley....you da man!!! Give him some love! From....Louisiana-Lafayette...the Ragin' Cajuns...hell yeah!!!

cajunvike
12-01-2004, 01:06 AM
"poult" wrote:

"skogs02" wrote:

the biggest media mistake ever?????????? that'd probably be hyping mandrich. he was the biggest fucking flop ever, he was worse than ryan leaf. and the pack took him instead of barry..........

there is no way hovan is THE BIGGEST MEDIA MISTAKE EVER when mandrich was gracing SI covers before he even played in the NFL. and you cant even argue that.

I must agree...Tony Mandarich SUCKED!!!!

Eyesore
12-01-2004, 01:08 AM
Poult,

You are so fucking correct about T. Mandrich. What a piece of shit. Even all us fans knew it. I remember people in the stands shouting down to him, "hey waterboy". He did not like it one bit!

That was over- media hype that has/will never be repeated.

cajunvike
12-01-2004, 01:15 AM
Until Favre retires and you guys have to go out and find another QB...who will immediately be billed as the second coming of Favre...and just as quickly crumble under the pressure!

poult
12-01-2004, 01:18 AM
"Eyesore" wrote:

Poult,

You are so fucking correct about T. Mandrich. What a piece of shit. Even all us fans knew it. I remember people in the stands shouting down to him, "hey waterboy". He did not like it one bit!

That was over- media hype that has/will never be repeated.

there was another guy, bosworth or whatever...... how long did he play?? i think he was a bust after the media hyped his ass.

but Superior......... even pack fans can agree that hovan wasnt the biggest media mistake ever....... mandrich was.

Del Rio
12-01-2004, 07:18 AM
Packer fans sure get away with some foul language on here. The attention Moss gets is no where near the attention Favre gets how can that even be a comparison? Frankly he has been going through some rough times but even he says when he gets on the field it is a way to escape his problems.

So lets talk about him all the time because he has a place to escape his problems. Look he is a HOF QB no doubt he is one of the best all time. He played through injury, hardship. Probably because GB has no reliable #2 but how many players do play hurt? How many players play through hardship?My guess are a lot.

I'm just not impressed that he can play football after a death in the family. Especially when he says it's an escape for him. The only reason he is getting so much hype is because he is old. He is about to retire. And all the old football analysts have watched his entire carreer unfold and they are pulling for him to go out in style.

superior230bartime
12-01-2004, 07:26 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"poult" wrote:

"skogs02" wrote:

True, Mandarich was overhyped but at least he was awesome in college which started the hype. Hovan's claim to fame is one slightly above average season and a fight/love obseesion with Brett Favre.

Kleinsasser40
12-01-2004, 07:36 PM
i can see this topic has boomed since I left that post. I am not saying that Randy does not get his time, the announcers do talk about him, jsut like they talk about any player on any team. The only difference between how they talk about Randy and how they talk about Manning or Favre is that they NEVER STOP talking about those two. They at least stop talking about Randy once he gets off the field. Announcers talk about Manning/Favre throughout the entire game, as in one long conversation interrupted by a few plays, that does not happen with Randy.

Also, the ESPN shows. ALl I ever hear about is Manning/Favre/Owens and the occasional Culpepper if he has a good game. They talk about Favre even if his game is mediocre!!!!!!!! Then they make up some excuse on how it was spactacular. They try to create stars, rather than give the guys airtime based on how good they are. Players I stated before should get some air time. I do like, however, how they are expanding onto Gates, Drougns, and all the surprise stars, but they need to do more of that. Go to each team, find their good players, and talk about them, instead of focusing on three players because they are household names.

Vikestand
12-01-2004, 07:37 PM
Madden over-hyped favre...Its a joke....He has lived such a rough life...

VKG4LFE
12-01-2004, 07:40 PM
Hey, if you grew up in Mississippi you would have lived a rough life too! jk Welcome to the board by the way vikestand!

mrdrae
12-01-2004, 07:41 PM
Hovan....Mandrich....Who really gives a damn. Talk about someone who is playing and not out of the league or sitting on the bench. How about Randy Moss. Is he ever going to be completely healthy this season? Thats a little bit more important than Hovandrich.

VKG4LFE
12-01-2004, 07:44 PM
I don't think Moss will be 100% healthy for the rest of the year with his hammy, but last year he played hurt with his plantar fascitis too. Who knows how it will affect him. Hopefully just his presence will help!

mrdrae
12-01-2004, 07:49 PM
I think your right Moss won't be 100%. If I'm not mistaken a foot can get a pain shot. Can you shoot up a hammy?

VKG4LFE
12-01-2004, 07:50 PM
I don't know?

Kleinsasser40
12-01-2004, 09:50 PM
"Vikestand" wrote:

Madden over-hyped favre...Its a joke....He has lived such a rough life...

Maybe I am reading this wrong, but if you are serious then you need to look at life outside of the NFL fella. People die every day and the people who get sad over those deaths continue to work their 9-5 jobs and don't even have a choice of retiring. I can't stand when people talk about how "rough" his life is. If he wanted to he could retire with millions to fall back on if he is really sad. But what about some grunt office worker who needs his job to make a living? So three people in his family die, does ESPN or any news station give him props for continuing with his job? No. Favre's situation IS sad but it IS NOT something special. Deaths happen in every family, it's a part of life, and it IS NOT somehting that should be paraded around by the retarded antics of John Madden.

I'm not saying that it is not sad, but I bet that simmilar series of events have happened to other players who aren't star, and I wonder if they even got mentioned. I'm all for giving good player air time, but let their personal life alone. Don't juice it for your stations own gain jsut because he is a star. If they really cared about the person's life and their family they would talk about all the players who suffer tragedies, not just the stars. I don't know if it is jsut me, but I can't stand when the media juices a personal story just for ratings.

Kleinsasser40
12-01-2004, 09:51 PM
but if you statement was sarcastic then disreguard that....:-D

cajunvike
12-01-2004, 09:55 PM

"cajunvike" wrote:

"poult" wrote:

"skogs02" wrote:

True, Mandarich was overhyped but at least he was awesome in college which started the hype. Hovan's claim to fame is one slightly above average season and a fight/love obseesion with Brett Favre.

A Packer fan defending Mandarich....now that's rich!!! :scratch:

T-Bone
12-01-2004, 10:08 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"poult" wrote:

Perfectly put, cajun. Even here in Canada, where we brag about any canuck doing well in the US, we freely admit Mandarich was a disaster and over hyped.

Vikestand
12-01-2004, 10:15 PM
kleinsasser...I was being sarcastic..lol...

LosAngelis
12-01-2004, 10:16 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

Rich Campbell?

cajunvike
12-02-2004, 01:56 AM
Rich...as in Man-duh-rich. Also as in, Man that dumbass got rich off of the Packers' foolish choosing of him in the first round! Man-duh-rich!!!

casper
12-02-2004, 02:06 AM
"Freya" wrote:

Absoulty :salute:

cajunvike
12-02-2004, 02:09 AM
"casper" wrote:

"Freya" wrote:

Thank you sir!!! 8)

casper
12-02-2004, 07:42 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"casper" wrote:

"Freya" wrote:

Thank you sir!!! 8)

Hey no sir's :shock: here :wink: believe it or not I work for a living :pale: and your welcome :salute: it really was well said