PDA

View Full Version : Should we trade Bennett?

howln4u
11-30-2004, 11:08 AM
I know I will get bashed but should we trade Bennett before the deadline? We have O Smith, Moore and Williams. I love what Bennett brings but we dont need 4 backs. O is our every down back. Moore gives us a very good, young and cheap backup and Williams gets the job done.

We wont be able to keep them all with the Cap and really dont have a use for all of them, get a draft pick or two for a starting back (when healthy). Maybe a 2 and 5th rounder. We are young across the board, Offense and Defense so an extra early round pick would be nice.

I would have loved to have sent him to Miami with Hovan for Ogunelye. Since we will either lose them or try to negotiate a cheap deal (which someone will pay more).

Other options, send him to Oakland with Hovan for Woodson. Hovan and Sapp could do nothing together. Then are Secondary would get a little more boost.

jackyl
11-30-2004, 11:16 AM
Trade deadline was in Oct.

Caine
11-30-2004, 11:40 AM
I would use him to either snag a solid Defensive player, or move up in the draft...I'd prefer the "D" help however.

You're right, we don't need him, and he's hurt for half the season anyway.

Caine

dan3ski
11-30-2004, 11:43 AM
At best right now all the Vikings could get for him would be a third round pick.

skogs02
11-30-2004, 11:57 AM
yeah his stock really went down this year

PAvikesfan
11-30-2004, 01:15 PM
yes, but it is too late to trade...i think before week 6 was it. trade him in the off season for a great linebacker to help EJ and Newman.

cajunvike
11-30-2004, 01:24 PM
I would rather see us trade him for a more established player on defense...someone who can contribute immediately and help guide our young defensive players...Ogunleye would have been perfect in hindsight.

VKG4LFE
11-30-2004, 01:28 PM
Ogunleye hasn't done a whole lot this year. I know he's been hurt, but I think not having a really good proven DE hurts him (Jason Taylor). Not to brag but I kept saying before he got traded that he wouldn't do as well without another great DL on the line with him!

Oh, get rid of Bennett's pansy ass too!!

Viking_Spirit
11-30-2004, 03:07 PM
Trade Bennett in the offseason.

VikingsTw
11-30-2004, 03:35 PM
Use him to trade up in the first round, get a higher pick for a LB or Safety. I think the safeties are week in this years draft but there's alway a couple top notch LB's.

vikes09
11-30-2004, 04:12 PM
i definately want to get a linebacker in this years draft. especially a high pick. im likin what i see in dontarious as a rookie but w/ the injuries and all....

vikes09
11-30-2004, 04:13 PM
and i agree about bennet vikingstw

84>TO
11-30-2004, 05:59 PM
Let's face it, Michael Bennett is no longer needed on this team. Since it is too late to trade him mid-season, I agree with what others have stated - use him to trade up in the draft. A really good linebacker or defensive back would be great for this team's future, and it would be tough to get one if we are picking low 20s overall. Smith is more than capable of running the ball well and Moore has shown he can fill in more than adequately.

magicci
11-30-2004, 06:04 PM
i'll sure miss bennet though he looked so good in preseason too

uncle tony
11-30-2004, 06:09 PM
We use him as trade bait in the draft. We've proven that we can draft strong in the 3rd and 4th round.

snowinapril
11-30-2004, 06:15 PM
Denny Green might want him in AZ.

Denny probably wouldn't give up or let us move up in the first round.

We could probably get a 2nd round pick at best. Third round is more realistic.

I don't mind keeping him and trying to sign a free ageant in the offseason. We need an experienced D player more than a draft pick. Win now mentallity and use the draft picks for the future.

Bennett and one of our draft picks for an experienced D player. Find a team that is unloading because of the cap.

Del Rio
12-01-2004, 07:25 AM
We need an experienced defender someone who knows the ropes that may be getting a little bit old but still has the desire to play. No one is going to trade a top notch Defensive person that has a lot of potential for Bennett. You may be able to get Seau or someone.

But then again Miami will have one hell of a draft and you know they need a QB and a RB.