PDA

View Full Version : C. Taylor Injured

COJOMAY
10-24-2007, 05:35 PM
http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/?p=1074

Vikings running back Chester Taylor was limited in practice this afternoon because of a groin injury. Coach Brad Childress did not mention Taylor’s injury in his late-morning news conference so this is the first we have heard of it.

Other new additions to the injury report were tight end Visanthe Shiancoe (groin) and guard Anthony Herrera (knee). Both were marked as having limited participation in practice.

This also was the case with quarterback Tarvaris Jackson, who broke the index finger on his right (throwing) hand Sunday at Dallas. Kelly Holcomb is expected to start this Sunday against Philadelphia.

Guess that means we'll be seeing MORE of Peterson carrying the ball on Sunday.

BloodyHorns82
10-24-2007, 05:38 PM
Too bad for Taylor...

I guess we'll get to see what Peterson does carrying most of the load.

jkjuggalo
10-24-2007, 05:48 PM
Haven't we already seen what AD does when he shoulders the load?
So what are we going to do at the TE position in Skanky can't go?
What about the dude we picked up off the Pats squad?
Does he have a chance to play soon/Is he any good?

PurplePackerEater
10-24-2007, 06:04 PM
"jkjuggalo" wrote:

Garret Mills? All I know is he's good on Madden 08!
:P He's fast and a great pass catcher.

In the real world, I have no idea.
:(

cajunvike
10-24-2007, 06:21 PM
"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

"jkjuggalo" wrote:

Garret Mills? All I know is he's good on Madden 08!
:P He's fast and a great pass catcher.

In the real world, I have no idea.
:(

I hope that he rips it up...just to piss Belicheat off!
;)

PackSux!
10-24-2007, 06:22 PM
With Chester hurt i guess we can count on peterson getting 25 touches and Memo getting the rest?

VKG4LFE
10-24-2007, 06:26 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

Vikings running back Chester Taylor was limited in practice this afternoon because of a groin injury. Coach Brad Childress did not mention Taylor’s injury in his late-morning news conference so this is the first we have heard of it.

Other new additions to the injury report were tight end Visanthe Shiancoe (groin) and guard Anthony Herrera (knee). Both were marked as having limited participation in practice.

This also was the case with quarterback Tarvaris Jackson, who broke the index finger on his right (throwing) hand Sunday at Dallas. Kelly Holcomb is expected to start this Sunday against Philadelphia.

Well that would suck.....NOT! Give Peterson the damn ball!

Marrdro
10-24-2007, 06:27 PM
"PackSux!" wrote:

With Chester hurt i guess we can count on peterson getting 25 touches and Memo getting the rest?

Wonder if the Chiller and staff will bring in the RB stud we have sitting on the Practice squad?

Viking_Queen
10-24-2007, 06:31 PM
Could this mean I get to see my MeMo in action this weekend? I hope so! I want to see a little of him before he goes!!

cajunvike
10-24-2007, 06:32 PM
"Viking_Queen" wrote:

Could this mean I get to see my MeMo in action this weekend? I hope so! I want to see a little of him before he goes!!

We all know what part of MeMo YOU wanna see, VQ!
:P

Viking_Queen
10-24-2007, 06:34 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"Viking_Queen" wrote:

Hardy har har Cajun! I just want to see the man play a game!!

cajunvike
10-24-2007, 06:37 PM
"Viking_Queen" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"Viking_Queen" wrote:

Hardy har har Cajun! I just want to see the man play a game!!

I know...but is that ALL you want?

Purple Floyd
10-24-2007, 06:51 PM
With all of these groin injuries to TJ,VS and CT, maybe the team has some big balls after all.

PackSux!
10-24-2007, 06:55 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

With all of these groin injuries to TJ,VS and CT, maybe the team has some big balls after all.

Hmm i would say little.
If they was big then they should be exercised enough not to get hurt in that area.

V-Unit
10-24-2007, 06:57 PM
This is not a good thing. We can't run it 40 times per game with AD and Moore. This only puts more pressure on our QB, which is never a good thing.

Frostbite
10-24-2007, 07:04 PM
"V" wrote:

This is not a good thing. We can't run it 40 times per game with AD and Moore. This only puts more pressure on our QB, which is never a good thing.

You make a good point V.....but I remember the Dolphins running Czonka on nearly every down and basically told other teams " Put your 11 in the Box and see if you can stop him"
They went on to trounce us and win the S.B.

A.P. can really make a statement this week....and so can the O-line. If Kelly Holcomb and the WRs can just execute at the right time on a few plays the running should be able to do the rest. I'm looking for a win against the Eagles. I think we have a great chance Sunday.

jessejames09
10-24-2007, 07:08 PM
"Frostbite" wrote:

"V" wrote:

You make a good point V.....but I remember the Dolphins running Czonka on nearly every down and basically told other teams " Put your 11 in the Box and see if you can stop him"

A.P. can really make a statement this week....and so can the O-line. If Kelly Holcomb and the WRs can just execute at the right time on a few plays the running should be able to do the rest. I'm looking for a win against the Eagles. I think we have a great chance Sunday.

Do you have a link that says Kelly Holcomb will start? Or are you assuming cause Tarvaris has a broken finger?

V-Unit
10-24-2007, 07:10 PM
"Frostbite" wrote:

"V" wrote:

AD has had his best games when sharing the rock with Taylor.

Frostbite
10-24-2007, 07:19 PM
No link....I was just remembering what it feels like to have the index finger broken.(Was a Catcher once) It will be hard to T.Jack to even think about playing....let alone throwing. That's why I mentioned Holcomb.

You make a good point V about "Sharing the Rock" but you know sometimes it's harder to have to go and then stop and then go again. What I mean by that is this. Once you get going in a continuous game you warm up and begin to get into a groove...the flow of the contest if you will. In some cases players actually respond better by staying in, participating as much as possible. I know Walter Peyton was like that...he hated being taken out and having to in his words "Cool Down" and then have to get back in later.

Hope I am making my point in way that is easy to understand. In any case....A.P. is young and strong....no harm in seeing what he can do??

Cheers!

Purple Floyd
10-24-2007, 07:20 PM
"V" wrote:

"Frostbite" wrote:

"V" wrote:

It is possible that me may have his best game sharing with MeMo

Frostbite
10-24-2007, 07:27 PM
If they can "Find Memo"............Groan.....I know, but it was there!!

In any case maybe so....Never considered that possibility.....Thanks uffdavikes!

Cheers!

V-Unit
10-24-2007, 07:32 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

"V" wrote:

"Frostbite" wrote:

"V" wrote:

It is possible that me may have his best game sharing with MeMo

I highly doubt it.

Purple Floyd
10-24-2007, 07:34 PM
"Frostbite" wrote:

No link....I was just remembering what it feels like to have the index finger broken.(Was a Catcher once) It will be hard to T.Jack to even think about playing....let alone throwing. That's why I mentioned Holcomb.

You make a good point V about "Sharing the Rock" but you know sometimes it's harder to have to go and then stop and then go again. What I mean by that is this. Once you get going in a continuous game you warm up and begin to get into a groove...the flow of the contest if you will. In some cases players actually respond better by staying in, participating as much as possible. I know Walter Peyton was like that...he hated being taken out and having to in his words "Cool Down" and then have to get back in later.

Hope I am making my point in way that is easy to understand. In any case....A.P. is young and strong....no harm in seeing what he can do??

Cheers!

I have been saying this for a while. IMHO it is more probable that you will be injured by a rotating set than by being a primary runner. The reason for this is that you need to keep your muscles warm and stretched in order to perform at a high level. But going to the sidelines and either standing or sitting there will cause your muscles to tighten up and cool down. There is already a tendency for this to happen built into the game with the change of possessions, but then when you also rotate the backs, it increases the amount of time your hamstring,groin and quads have to cool down. Then, when you get the opportunity to go out there and try to get that burst of speed, if your muscles have tightened up enough, they can cramp, tear or pull.

IMHO we can go with AP as a primary back and give him say 18 carries a game and maybe catch 4-6 passes a game. That is not an overload by any means. It would relate to 288 carries a season and if he averages 5 ypc it would give him 1440 per year. Add that to 50 receiving yards per game and that would be 800 more which is fairly modest IMO when you consider his potential.

Frostbite
10-24-2007, 07:38 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

"Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!

I have been saying this for a while. IMHO it is more probable that you will be injured by a rotating set than by being a primary runner. The reason for this is that you need to keep your muscles warm and stretched in order to perform at a high level. But going to the sidelines and either standing or sitting there will cause your muscles to tighten up and cool down. There is already a tendency for this to happen built into the game with the change of possessions, but then when you also rotate the backs, it increases the amount of time your hamstring,groin and quads have to cool down. Then, when you get the opportunity to go out there and try to get that burst of speed, if your muscles have tightened up enough, they can cramp, tear or pull.

IMHO we can go with AP as a primary back and give him say 18 carries a game and maybe catch 4-6 passes a game. That is not an overload by any means. It would relate to 288 carries a season and if he averages 5 ypc it would give him 1440 per year. Add that to 50 receiving yards per game and that would be 800 more which is fairly modest IMO when you consider his potential.

I think this is right on UffDaVikes.....Couldn't agree more.

Cheers!

V-Unit
10-24-2007, 07:46 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

"Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!

I am not questioning AD's skill in any way. He is more than capable of 25 touches and being effective with them. However, we need to realize that Taylor is our second best skill player. Losing him hurts, no matter which way you slice it. I would hope for 25 touches to AD and 15 to Taylor, taking the pressure off the QB.

Instead, in an effort to not overuse AD (overuse meaning 35 touches, not 20) we are going to see MeMo in there, who just is not as effective as Taylor, or we may see some attempts to throw quick passes to our WR, which is also not as effective as having Taylor in there.

Saying that Taylor missing time is a good thing just makes no sense to me. AD will be fine. The rest of the offense will suffer.

Frostbite
10-24-2007, 07:55 PM
Hmmm V (Sorry) I don't remember saying "Missing Taylor is a Good Thing" just not any reason to hang our heads and worry about A.P. I for one would not like to see C.Tay out for to long from any injury. It will be interesting to see how A.P. responds knowing he's going to be the primary back for the whole game.

Cheers!

marstc09
10-24-2007, 08:05 PM
Why do we keep losing good players? Why dosen't Cook, Dugan, or Ciurciu get injured?

Chester Taylor is a big loss but I think AD can handle the load. Hopefully AD will tear it up with his speed on the turf. Taylor is a nice change of pace and provides rest for AD. It will be interesting to see how many reps memo gets.

singersp
10-24-2007, 08:07 PM
"V" wrote:

What the hell are you talking about? Exactly why can't we? There is absolutely no reason why we can't.

tb04512
10-24-2007, 08:10 PM
lets run it 60 times! no passing axe the qb put in another blocker
;)

Marrdro
10-24-2007, 08:12 PM
"tb04512" wrote:

lets run it 60 times! no passing axe the qb put in another blocker
;)

I agree, the OL needs all the help it can get.
::)

marstc09
10-24-2007, 08:19 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"V" wrote:

What the hell are you talking about? Exactly why can't we? There is absolutely no reason why we can't.

We have only run 40+ times in one game anyways and that was against Chicago. What difference does it make who is in there? Moore can handle it!

singersp
10-24-2007, 08:22 PM
"V" wrote:

I am not questioning AD's skill in any way. He is more than capable of 25 touches and being effective with them. However, we need to realize that Taylor is our second best skill player. Losing him hurts, no matter which way you slice it. I would hope for 25 touches to AD and 15 to Taylor, taking the pressure off the QB.

Instead, in an effort to not overuse AD (overuse meaning 35 touches, not 20) we are going to see MeMo in there, who just is not as effective as Taylor, or we may see some attempts to throw quick passes to our WR, which is also not as effective as having Taylor in there.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/smilies/1BSEars.jpg

Not as effective as C-Tay? Memo is averaging 7.1 yards per carry when he's in there, which is more than AD or Taylor.

C-Tay - 4.4

AD - 6.6

In 2006 Memo averaged 5.5 yards per cary to C-Tay's 4.0.

To blatantly state that Memo is less effective might be an understatement if you ask me.

You should be glad Memo is still on this team instead of have been dealt to Tampa. With C-Tay being injury prone (3rd time this year) & with Tahi injured, you'd be looking at Arkee Whitlock, the RB on our practice squad, to take the extra carries. Whitlock has not seen the ball in preaseason or the regular season.

Also, Memo's has the ability to return punts, catch the ball & throw it.

Purple Floyd
10-24-2007, 08:27 PM
We could always use the wishbone formation and forget about passing alltogether.

marstc09
10-24-2007, 08:28 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"V" wrote:

Not as effective as C-Tay? Memo is averaging 7.1 yards per carry when he's in there, which is more than AD or Taylor.

C-Tay - 4.4

AD - 6.6

To blatantly state that Memo is less effective might be an understatement if you ask me.

You should be glad Memo is still on this team instead of have been dealt to Tampa. With C-Tay being injury prone (3rd time this year) & with Tahi injured, you'd be looking at Arkee Whitlock, the RB on our practice squad, to take the extra carries. Whitlock has not seen the ball in preaseason or the regular season.

Moore is also more of a threat out of the backfield receiving.

Marrdro
10-24-2007, 08:31 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"V" wrote:

C-Tay - 4.4

AD - 6.6

Always at the ready aren't you?
;D

Purple Floyd
10-24-2007, 08:36 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"V" wrote:

C-Tay - 4.4

AD - 6.6

Moore is also more of a threat out of the backfield receiving.

That is exactly what I was thinking. He makes a great candidate to replace AP during passing plays because he can block better, is killer on screens, and is also very effective on the draw plays.

V-Unit
10-24-2007, 09:00 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"V" wrote:

C-Tay - 4.4

AD - 6.6

Please

I will admit that its weird that Taylor has been injured this much, especially because we were all worried about AD's injury proneness, not Taylor's. However, to suggest this offense won't miss what little beat it has had because we are going with Moore instead of Taylor just isn't true.

If Memo were worth a hoot compared to Taylor, he wouldn't be watching games in street clothes. I think Moore is a great backup RB. Nothing More.

singersp
10-24-2007, 11:48 PM
"V" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"V" wrote:

C-Tay - 4.4

AD - 6.6

Please

I will admit that its weird that Taylor has been injured this much, especially because we were all worried about AD's injury proneness, not Taylor's. However, to suggest this offense won't miss what little beat it has had because we are going with Moore instead of Taylor just isn't true.

If Memo were worth a hoot compared to Taylor, he wouldn't be watching games in street clothes. I think Moore is a great backup RB. Nothing More.

I'm not questioning who is a better back, but for you to think that Memo can't share the load, catch balls & be effective is crapola.

I don't see Memo as a pound it out back like I do C-Tay. Memo's more elusive & faster & can get the yards. His YPC over C-Tays proves that he can.

They just need to adjust the type of running plays they run when Memo is in there to better cater to his talents.

tgorsegner
10-25-2007, 12:51 AM
heres a thought... rather than trade memo or let him go during FA, trade c-tay for a decent WR and keep memo to back up AD

hailtocarter
10-25-2007, 01:15 AM
I'm confused...it doesn't say in the article that he won't play, just that he was limited in practice.
Can't we wait till he's out or at least questionable to start talking about how good/bad memo will do??

FreakinVikingsBaby
10-25-2007, 01:43 AM
"hailtocarter" wrote:

I'm confused...it doesn't say in the article that he won't play, just that he was limited in practice.
Can't we wait till he's out or at least questionable to start talking about how good/bad memo will do??

Since when do people read the articles before they post?

vikingivan
10-25-2007, 02:08 AM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

If that is true I am going to have to change my pick in the weekly pickem pool.

El Vikingo
10-25-2007, 03:45 AM
Taylor hurt?
This is real bad news for us.Somepeople would say that´s just fine cause They ll have more of PurpleJesus on the field,I don´t agree.
First of all I wanna give the credit he deserves to Chester,last year He was our best player and this season after we drafted the artist formely known as Adrian Peterson aka PurpleJesus,He hasn´t told a bad word to anyone ,he is a vey professional individual and is making his job fine ,as usual,he is the perfect combo for PJ.
If Taylor doesn´t play vs Philly(I don´t know if Singer can have a clue of his chances...) let´s hope nothing wrong happen to AD ,with all the touches he ll have....

DustinDupont
10-25-2007, 03:50 AM
Taylor and AD are the playmakers on offense we need them both to be healthy, but i wish childress would play them both at the same time to....

singersp
10-25-2007, 05:46 AM
"El" wrote:

If Taylor doesn´t play vs Philly(I don´t know if Singer can have a clue of his chances...) let´s hope nothing wrong happen to AD ,with all the touches he ll have....

Are you forgeting AD played the entire game against Detroit & Green Bay without C-Tay, who missed those games due to injury?

El Vikingo
10-25-2007, 05:54 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"El" wrote:

Are you forgeting AD played the entire game against Detroit & Green Bay without C-Tay, who missed those games due to injury?

Yeah Singer I remember that 2 games with CT out of the field,I think I can remember also we lost both of this games ;)

singersp
10-25-2007, 05:59 AM
"El" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"El" wrote:

Yeah Singer I remember that 2 games with CT out of the field,I think I can remember also we lost both of this games ;)

We also lost 2 games with him in there.

PurpleTide
10-25-2007, 06:41 AM
Having injuries to any of our starters is not a good thing. Mewelde is a very versatile player and will play well if Chester can't suit up. The injury reports come out today, and we should have a clearer picture as to who's hurting. All these groin injuries make me wonder about our trainers, are these guys getting warmed up and stretched out properly? We need CT, and losing him again doesn't help in our quest for a win against the eagle's.

Marrdro
10-25-2007, 10:20 AM
"PurpleTide" wrote:

Having injuries to any of our starters is not a good thing. Mewelde is a very versatile player and will play well if Chester can't suit up. The injury reports come out today, and we should have a clearer picture as to who's hurting. All these groin injuries make me wonder about our trainers, are these guys getting warmed up and stretched out properly? We need CT, and losing him again doesn't help in our quest for a win against the eagle's.

Naw, we don't blame other functions of the staff around here.

Its gotta be the Chillers fault somehow.
Maybe it is because he rotated them to often during the game and they cooled down, then heated up and cooled down to often as someone said in an earlier thread/post.

Damn that Chiller guy.
;D

V-Unit
10-25-2007, 05:26 PM
[]

PurpleGator
10-25-2007, 06:35 PM
[]

Purple Floyd
10-25-2007, 08:27 PM
[]

singersp