PDA

View Full Version : NFC vikes 3rd...........

poult
11-28-2004, 09:01 PM
ok, as bad as the NFC is right now, a 7-4 team can be 3rd in the entire confrence. seahawks dropped to 6-5 today i think, so atleast until tomorrow night the vikes are 3rd. then either tied for 3rd, with the pack, seahawks, and rams being 6-5......

im wondering what you guys think the worst record will be that makes the playoffs. think something as low as 8-8?

VikingsTw
11-28-2004, 09:05 PM
Yup probalby 8-8, NFC is pretty week this year, if we were in the AFC it would be tough to make the playoffs. They said it was possible that a team with a 11-5 may not make the playoffs, YIKES!

SKOL
11-28-2004, 09:09 PM
Maybe 7-9, lol. If the Rams lose to the Pack tomorrow night, the 2nd wildcard would currently be under .500 The Rams and Giants would both be 5-6 and it would come down to tie breakers.

vikings_fan66
11-28-2004, 09:11 PM
I doubt it will be any lower than an 8-8 record

SKOL
11-28-2004, 09:56 PM
I was just saying it's possible 7-9 could make the playoffs, that's why the "lol". More likely 8-8 though.

Calmwind
11-28-2004, 10:00 PM
AT this point the 4 and 7 Panthers on a 3 game winning streak is a potenrial contender! Thats sad!

vikings_fan66
11-28-2004, 10:02 PM
"SKOL" wrote:

I was just saying it's possible 7-9 could make the playoffs, that's why the "lol". More likely 8-8 though.

I completely I unstertand what you were saying SKOL. I was just stating that I doubt a team with a record worse than 8-8 will make playoffs.

poult
11-28-2004, 10:02 PM
yeah, the NFC sure has become the worse of the two leagues. i cant believe a .500 team is going to make the playoffs, but it seems this year thats the way its going to be.

about the seahawks though, i think this team is schizophrenic. whos gonna show up when we play them, the team that beat the niners 30-0 or the team that just got its ass beat by the bills.

dan3ski
11-29-2004, 11:06 AM
I could care less if the Hawks beat the niners 30-0 the niners are the worst team in the NFL.

SHOW-TIME
11-29-2004, 11:32 AM
I hope the falcons lose the rest of their games so we can get a bye in the playoffs...but we have to focus on winning the division first.

CT Viking Man
11-29-2004, 11:39 AM
"SHOW-TIME" wrote:

I hope the falcons lose the rest of their games so we can get a bye in the playoffs...but we have to focus on winning the division first.

It will be extremely difficult to get into a tiebreaker situation with the Falcons. They have 3 more matchups with divisional opponents plus games against Oakland and Seattle. The Vikes would have to run the table also.

At least the division title would be great especially how it was grabbed away on the last play of the season last year. This would at least guarantee a home first round playoff game. A game against Atlanta could be next after that, another dome game.

NeoVikesTX
11-29-2004, 11:39 AM
I know, I was really pulling for the Saints to pull it off against the Falcons. But, I really feel the Falcons will falter during these last 5 games, they have shown they are weak to some easier opponents (56-10 loss to Chiefs).

I don't think we will be able to catch the Eagles, especially with how weak their division is. Maybe since they have already clinched their division, they will let up a little bit.

I would be happy with 12-4, NFC North Champs, and a first-round bye. Is that too much to ask? :)

SKOL
11-29-2004, 03:31 PM
The schedule favors the Falcons, and has all year. They play one team with a winning record the rest of the year, Seattle the last game (by that time they probably won't even need a win). They play @ TB (4-7), Oak (4-7), Car (4-7), @ NO (4-7), @ Sea 6-5.

Unfortunately Atlanta's all but a lock for the #2 seed. The best the Vikes can hope for is a #3 seed with a home game against the #6 (Seattle or Rams).

snowinapril
11-29-2004, 03:37 PM
"SKOL" wrote:

The schedule favors the Falcons, and has all year. They play one team with a winning record the rest of the year, Seattle the last game (by that time they probably won't even need a win). They play @ TB (4-7), Oak (4-7), Car (4-7), @ NO (4-7), @ Sea 6-5.

Unfortunately Atlanta's all but a lock for the #2 seed. The best the Vikes can hope for is a #3 seed with a home game against the #6 (Seattle or Rams).

I heard Mora saying that his team was the best. He was stressing it so much, I thought it was funny. It sounded like he was trying to convince himself.

Falcons are lucky with their schedule this season.

WHERE ARE ALL OF YOU VICK SUPPORTERS AT FOR THE BEST QB IN THE LEAGUE, OR EVEN THE TOP FIVE QB LIST?

PAvikesfan
11-29-2004, 03:42 PM
worst record to get into the playoffs in the NFC this year...8-8. the vikes will be at least 10-6 but hoping for 11-5... green bay should top at 10-6 at the highest, so beating them on christmas eve and beating the bears this week will give the vikes thee advantage...cheers!

packmanxxxi
11-29-2004, 05:58 PM
Vikings are not 3rd, they are 5th... and the wildcard when the pack wins tongiht... get it right

poult
11-29-2004, 06:01 PM
as of right now they are 3rd........... so you get your facts straight. or you looking past tonights game already?

eelpout72
11-29-2004, 06:02 PM
"vikings_fan66" wrote:

"SKOL" wrote:

I completely I unstertand what you were saying SKOL. I was just stating that I doubt a team with a record worse than 8-8 will make playoffs.

actually, i think that is still possible (though extremely unlikely) for a 6-10 team to win the NFC West or make it as a wild-card in the NFC