PDA

View Full Version : Who's your most hated Viking?

sharper42
10-22-2007, 09:08 PM
id have to go with ryan cook, he blows horribly.
other canidates.. artis hicks, marcus johnson

BadlandsVikings
10-22-2007, 09:10 PM
Hershel Walker

VikingMike
10-22-2007, 09:10 PM
I hate Helga.

baumy300
10-22-2007, 09:12 PM
RYAN COOK and only Ryan Cook!

DaVizzles
10-22-2007, 09:14 PM
It is tough decision for me to make. My 3 candidates are Ryan Cook,Bobby Wade and Kelly Holcomb. I hate these 3 players so freakin much it is not even funny!

sharper42
10-22-2007, 09:18 PM
"DaVizzles" wrote:

It is tough decision for me to make. My 3 candidates are Ryan Cook,Bobby Wade and Kelly Holcomb. I hate these 3 players so freakin much it is not even funny!
why do you hate bobby wade? hes probably our best wr

singersp
10-22-2007, 09:19 PM
These are my Minnesota Vikings. I do not hate any of them.

There are some that I'm dissapointed in, a couple I could say I wouldn't mind if they were here or not, but to say "hate", c'mon, give me a break. That's absurd.

You have no idea how these players are as people in life outside of football. Just because they don't play to your expectations each & every week, is no cause for hate.

sharper42
10-22-2007, 09:23 PM
"singersp" wrote:

There are some that I'm dissapointed in, a couple I could say I wouldn't mind if they were here or not, but to say "hate", c'mon, give me a break. That's absurd.

You have no idea how these players are as people in life outside of football. Just because they don't play to your expectations each & every week, is no cause for hate.
im sorry, "dislike their playing ability"

TheAnimal93
10-22-2007, 09:26 PM
Hate is way too strong a word when you talk about "players" on your favorite team. Not liking the way someone plays or conducts themselves is a different story.
Now that being said, I dont like the way that Mr. False Start Rosenthal played, I didnt like the way Culpepper played and I sure dont like the way T(no)Jack plays. I surely dont like the way that Ryan Cook is playing right now. I "hate" the way that we have drafted for the past few years, with the exception of AD. That being said I dont think that I would have drafted a whole lot differently here lately. Just think, the Vikings could have drafted Jevon Kearse and Samari Rolle in 1999. Instead we got Culpepper and Underwood. How is that working for us?

marshallvike
10-22-2007, 09:26 PM
mike lynn. or are you talking about current vikes?

mblack76
10-22-2007, 09:29 PM
Makes you wonder if the Vikings have real fans... why would a fan hate a player on his team because they struggle? What happened to encouragement and support? Makes one wonder.

sharper42
10-22-2007, 09:30 PM
"TheAnimal93" wrote:

Hate is way too strong a word when you talk about "players" on your favorite team. Not liking the way someone plays or conducts themselves is a different story.
Now that being said, I dont like the way that Mr. False Start Rosenthal played, I didnt like the way Culpepper played and I sure dont like the way T(no)Jack plays. I surely dont like the way that Ryan Cook is playing right now. I "hate" the way that we have drafted for the past few years, with the exception of AD. That being said I dont think that I would have drafted a whole lot differently here lately. Just think, the Vikings could have drafted Jevon Kearse and Samari Rolle in 1999. Instead we got Culpepper and Underwood. How is that working for us?
lol dimitrius underwood, but culpepper had a few good years here

DaVizzles
10-22-2007, 09:31 PM
"sharper42" wrote:

"DaVizzles" wrote:

why do you hate bobby wade? hes probably our best wr

I have hated the guy since he was a Bear and he muffed 3 punts in one game. He is a below average punt returner and is a overpaid player who would be a #4 WR on any good team in the NFL. I hate him even more after the comment he made about Tarvaris during that game yesterday."We can talk when you throw the ball where it needs to be" isnt he supposed to be a veteran leader and help a young QB out with these things? The guy has no room to talk he is a mediocre reciever in the NFL. I wish Tarvaris would have said something back to him like "Way to fair catch a punt on the 6 yd line".

funkyasflea
10-22-2007, 09:37 PM
This is my first post on PP.O...for quite some time now.
I was away for about 2 years....I find this a fitting place to put my first post though.
Ryan Cook is terrible.
He can't block, and he gets a penalty on every other play.
We'd be better off just telling him not to move when the ball is snapped...then he would not get false start penalties...and at least the defensive line would have to move AROUND the large area his body takes up.

I jsut cannot stand him.
Every time there is a botched play I see Ryan Cook laying on the ground after he got leveled by some mediocre defensive player.
He really frustrates me.

MaxVike
10-22-2007, 09:52 PM
I don't hate anyone, especially from my favorite football team.
Definitely not a big fan of Les Steckel though.

ultravikingfan
10-22-2007, 09:56 PM
I do not hate any of them.

I am not happy with the team as a whole.

We win as a team, we lose as a team.

jkjuggalo
10-22-2007, 09:58 PM
That queer new Hulk Hogan mascot.

kjdaddy
10-22-2007, 10:19 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

TRue...right now I am not too pleased with Chili or T-Jack.
But I will continue to cheer for them as usual.

vikinggreg
10-22-2007, 10:19 PM
Koren Robinson, he drank and drove his way off the team (bad) but the worst was he became a Packer >:(

VikingsMB
10-22-2007, 10:25 PM
"vikinggreg" wrote:

Koren Robinson, he drank and drove his way off the team (bad) but the worst was he became a Packer >:(

KRob was a good selection.
But it still has to be Childress for firing a guy on Christmas Eve.
He's not a Viking...he's still just an "Ex-Eagle Offensive Coordinator by title only".

douginc
10-22-2007, 10:29 PM
"vikinggreg" wrote:

I think it's a bit ridiculous that he is already reinstated and Ontarrio Smith is not.
Yes, marijuana is illegal, but so is driving at speeds over triple digits while intoxicated.
Marijuana for Ontarrio had a much lower chance of injuring anyone other than himself.
Koren put others in MN at risk when he drove around drunk at extremely fast speeds.
Why is that so much easier to forgive than a guy who simply wants to 'light up and put on a fake-dildo'?
Koren could have killed somebody, while the worst Ontarrio's crime would have lead to is a really stupid conversation with him about how trippy that boat scene from Willy Wonka is.

And I loved Koren when he was here.
He ressurected his career and gave some exciting firepower to our offense.
It was truly sad the way he left our team.
He could have been a genuine #1 reciever on this corp.

marstc09
10-22-2007, 10:32 PM
"douginc" wrote:

"vikinggreg" wrote:

I think it's a bit ridiculous that he is already reinstated and Ontarrio Smith is not.
Yes, marijuana is illegal, but so is driving at speeds over triple digits while intoxicated.
Marijuana for Ontarrio had a much lower chance of injuring anyone other than himself.
Koren put others in MN at risk when he drove around drunk at extremely fast speeds.
Why is that so much easier to forgive than a guy who simply wants to 'light up and put on a fake-dildo'?
Koren could have killed somebody, while the worst Ontarrio's crime would have lead to is a really stupid conversation with him about how trippy that boat scene from Willy Wonka is.

And I loved Koren when he was here.
He ressurected his career and gave some exciting firepower to our offense.
It was truly sad the way he left our team.
He could have been a genuine #1 reciever on this corp.

I agree. Who did Koren pay?

singersp
10-22-2007, 10:46 PM
"vikinggreg" wrote:

Since you hate people that suffer from alcoholism, I guess I must be on your list of hated people somewhere.

bigbadragz
10-22-2007, 10:49 PM
i'm pretty pissed and tired of childress.
not too many players i ever really hated, but i did hate foge fazio.
he sucked.

jessejames09
10-22-2007, 10:54 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"vikinggreg" wrote:

Since you hate people that suffer from alcoholism, I guess I must be on your list of hated people somewhere.

You drink and drive and are employed by the packers? He never said anything about abusing alcohol.

vikinggreg
10-22-2007, 11:06 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"vikinggreg" wrote:

I said drinking and driving was bad, but I do hate Packers

DustinDupont
10-22-2007, 11:10 PM
prolly BB... just never liked him

kjdaddy
10-22-2007, 11:20 PM
I love the old sign I saw....

Less "Steckel"
More "Bud"

Didn't care for Les too much.

PurpleGator
10-22-2007, 11:22 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Nice post.
I couldn't agree with you more.

marstc09
10-22-2007, 11:25 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"vikinggreg" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"vikinggreg" wrote:

I said drinking and driving was bad, but I do hate Packers

I've done them both.

I think most of us have singersp but have we done them together and drove super fast down the highway. You learned and defeated alcohol. That is respectable and nobody can hate you for that. Hopefully Koren learned.

ultravikingfan
10-22-2007, 11:26 PM
"bigbadragz" wrote:

he sucked.

I liked Fazio, he knows his shit.

Cotrell...that fricken bum.

Mikecarter81
10-22-2007, 11:35 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

IMHO, my favorite post of the day.
Now if I was to pick some one it would have to be that beer man in upper level 230 of the metrodome last year during the Arizona cardinals game.
He spilled my miller lite
:-[

Mike

C Mac D
10-22-2007, 11:51 PM
Erik the Red

marstc09
10-22-2007, 11:54 PM
Moss for causing trouble that led to the powers that be to trade him.
He is also my favorite Viking.

Purple Floyd
10-22-2007, 11:56 PM
"bigbadragz" wrote:

he sucked.

He was my pick too. Him and that fricking purple dinosaur. Shit that was stupid

Frostbite
10-22-2007, 11:57 PM
Underwood.....without question! Moss maybe 2nd....

Cheers!

DustinDupont
10-22-2007, 11:59 PM
"Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!

true i hate underwood, he screwed us but always gonna love moss no matter what

so-cal vike
10-23-2007, 12:02 AM
I don't hate any current or former Vikings player.
If you're counting all Vikings personnel past and present, it would be Red of course.

olson_10
10-23-2007, 12:06 AM
tarvaris jackson..the guy single handedly finds ways to make our receivers look far worse than they really are by forcing them to make circus catches even when theyre wide open

Frostbite
10-23-2007, 12:12 AM
"DustinDupont" wrote:

"Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!

Hi there....don't get me wrong DustinDupont I respect the Tallent Randy Has....which is part of the reason I dislike the guy so much. I have so stomach for these so-called superstars with no real NFL heart or Character. Anybody that gives up on the team they are playing for because all tyhey care about is $$$ and endorsements can kiss my NFL loving buttocks...this includes Moss. Just look at how he's playing at NE these days. Why???? Cause his main concern is himself. Now surrounded by tallent and heading for a possible championship he's playing hard again.....Where was he in Oakland....Where was he when the chips were down in Minnesota after his glory rookie year and early career play with us??

Cheers!

olson_10
10-23-2007, 12:15 AM
cant put moss on that list..hes the guy that wanted to stay in minnesota his entire career, and couldnt believe that he was traded..daunte is a guy i really hate because he basically told the fans and city to fuckoff and forced his way out

olson_10
10-23-2007, 12:18 AM
"Frostbite" wrote:

"DustinDupont" wrote:

"Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!

Hi there....don't get me wrong DustinDupont I respect the Tallent Randy Has....which is part of the reason I dislike the guy so much. I have so stomach for these so-called superstars with no real NFL heart or Character. Anybody that gives up on the team they are playing for because all tyhey care about is $$$ and endorsements can kiss my NFL loving buttocks...this includes Moss. Just look at how he's playing at NE these days. Why???? Cause his main concern is himself. Now surrounded by tallent and heading for a possible championship he's playing hard again.....Where was he in Oakland....Where was he when the chips were down in Minnesota after his glory rookie year and early career play with us??

Cheers!

by making that comment you are saying that the offensive line the oakland raiders had the last 2 seasons is just as good as the line minnesota had and new england currently has..ALSO, you are basically saying that aaron brooks and andrew walter are equally as good as daunte was and tom brady currently is

DustinDupont
10-23-2007, 12:18 AM
"olson_10" wrote:

tarvaris jackson..the guy single handedly finds ways to make our receivers look far worse than they really are by forcing them to make circus catches even when theyre wide open

well the wide outs need to catch the ball when its in there hands, and they need to get open

wade is a number 3 guy.. not number 1

troy williamson is a number 3 guy.. not number 2.... he could possibly be a number two with a good number 1

robert ferguson got cuaght by the packers, and has dropped two touchdowns this year

sidney rice is a rookie, and should be are number 1 guy so get him in the game

but we do have, IMO this best running back in the league an AD so we should get him the ball as much as possible and that the only thing tjack has going for him is the running game

if i was tjack i wouldnt have confidence with throwing the ball to are wideouts, and im sure the wideouts dont have confidence in tjack getting them the ball... so all we need as a sure number one wide out that tjack can count on to get open... are go to guy cant be bobby wade...

CCthebest
10-23-2007, 12:19 AM
childress

Frostbite
10-23-2007, 12:22 AM
"olson_10" wrote:

cant put moss on that list..hes the guy that wanted to stay in minnesota his entire career, and couldnt believe that he was traded..daunte is a guy i really hate because he basically told the fans and city to fuckoff and forced his way out

You can't be serious here Olson...I respect your post and opinion but Randy only wanted to stay in Minnesota under HIS terms. Fighting with Owners over contrats/Coaches for Plays/Teammates like Cris Carter and Daunte Culpepper/Giving up on routes/Pouting on the sidelines/not blocking downfield/ And the list goes on....We would not have traded him if he would have been willing to give 100 percent heart and play. He'd be with us making spectacular plays this season instead of at NE. Even the fat cat owner Al Davis of the Raiders couldn't get Randy's interest enough to play hard for him.

Why do so many of us forget what truly great players are made of??

Cheers!

Frostbite
10-23-2007, 12:32 AM
You missed my point entirely Olson10....I don't care what kind of line you have....When you sign a contract to play hard for team that's what you do. After the contract is up you can re-negotiate it. Owners are paying players for production and expect 100 percent. Coasting because you are unhappy after the deal and because your team is playing poorly is wrong....in any circumstance....at least as far as I'm concerned.

I respect your opinion though....Cheers!

Frostbite
10-23-2007, 12:45 AM
Sorry folks....wasn't trying to turn this into another I hate Randy Moss thread. With that said....I bet a lot of the NE players themselves have little if any respect for Randy Moss. It's Ironic in a way...They will use him to help win a Championship the same way he used others to put himself in a winning position...on a winning team. The NE players will play with Randy....I'd bet a weeks pay they don't trust him and have little if any respect for him!

Cheers!

FreakinVikingsBaby
10-23-2007, 12:48 AM
"sharper42" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

im sorry, "dislike their playing ability"

Anybody else notice how funny this sarcasm was?

douginc
10-23-2007, 11:22 AM
"Frostbite" wrote:

Sorry folks....wasn't trying to turn this into another I hate Randy Moss thread. With that said....I bet a lot of the NE players themselves have little if any respect for Randy Moss. It's Ironic in a way...They will use him to help win a Championship the same way he used others to put himself in a winning position...on a winning team. The NE players will play with Randy....I'd bet a weeks pay they don't trust him and have little if any respect for him!

Cheers!

I'm honestly intrigued by the impetuous anger towards Randy Moss.
Why is he looked at so vehemently while Chad Johnson has nowhere near the heated emotions.
This year CJ has yelled at his quarterback during the game, clearly shown time after time that his team revolves around him, is obviously not much of a team player.
Moss has kept his mouth shut all year.
He does tons of charity work, a lot still in Minnesota.
He works with disabled children, and high school students in poverty areas.
He did a program last year where he personally paid for over twenty tickets to the NBA Finals to urban high school students who could drastically improve their grades.
I'm not saying the guy is without flaws, but the team has honestly shown no signs of any type of rift, and have called him a true leader on the offense.

If Moss is a devil, I have yet to see it.
I once met the man back when he was still with us in Minnesota.
It was in 2003, and there was a fund raiser for the Special Olympics, which my handicapped brother and sister were a part of.
We were invited to go, even though our family is nowhere near rich enough to normally attend, simply because we've volunteered for years in the Special Olympics.
They were auctioning off footballs autographed by the team, and one of the balls had Cris Carter, Moss, and Culpepper's signature.
It went for over $1000.00.
Balls with Moss's name went for by far the most all night.
Anyway, the point is, he was the nicest person in the room, and I know he has to be, because it's a fundraiser, and he should have his best face on.
But, after it was all over, and we had left the hotel room it was at, we later saw Moss in the lobby.
My sister loves to talk, and it can sometimes be annoying, since she'll go on forever.
My sister Lori started talking to him, and we were trying to pull her away, but Moss didn't mind, and just kept on listening and actually talking right back to her.
After about ten minutes, before he left, he gave her a tiny nerf-like football and signed it for her.
It's still in her room on her shelf.

He might have a bit of an attitude problem at times, but I could honestly see from just talking to him for a short bit, he's a genuinely nice person.

Unlike Marvin Harrison, who he and his posse jumped and beat up a group of teenage boys because they asked for an autograph, and upon not getting one, called Harrison a '***'.
They decided to beat the crap out of the kids in a parking lot.
Notice this story didn't get a lot of airtime because everyone want to think Harrison is a saint since he seems polite.

http://starbulletin.com/2005/03/29/news/story3.html

But, once again, this is all just my opinion, and by no means am I always right.

Jviking
10-23-2007, 11:39 AM
Hershel Walker, underwood...

Marrdro
10-23-2007, 11:52 AM
I kindof put this in the category of my feeling for people in general.
Not alot of hate for anyone except for a few that I just can't control my emotions over.
Osama, Hitler etc.
For those feelings I ask for a little help every day.

With that said, My applauds to the ones that said they don't hate any of the players.
Dissapointment over a bad play or a bad off field incident is understood, however, hate is such a strong emotion.

They are our team for goodness sakes.
We as so called fanatics of our team the Vikings should support our team throught the good as well as the bad times.

Mistakes happen and lest we forget, it is just entertainment my friends.
;D

vikes2456
10-23-2007, 12:22 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

Not alot of hate for anyone except for a few that I just can't control my emotions over.
Osama, Hitler etc.

With that said, My applauds to the ones that said they don't hate any of the players.
Dissapointment over a bad play or a bad off field incident is understood, however, hate is such a strong emotion.

We as so called fanatics of our team the Vikings should support our team throught the good as well as the bad times.

;D

Quit with the positivity hippy ;)

nephilimstorm
10-23-2007, 12:24 PM
I don't hate any Viking. Every Viking was, is and maybe once was a part of tradition. To pass the blame onto others for thier own lack of consistency is not being a team. Enough said by me. Skol Vikings

kramer9guy
10-23-2007, 12:27 PM
I'm a Viking fan. Why would I hate any of the team? And if you don't think Ryan Cook or any other player isn't trying their hardest out there, you are mistaken. These guys give it their all (especially a guy like Cook who has had a large learning curve and a lot to prove). That said, sure, there are some players who have been and still are on the roster that I dislike for various reasons (Fred Smoot for example), but I still support them all 100% when they are on the field in a Vikings uniform.

vikingivan
10-23-2007, 12:46 PM
I never did like Darrin Nelson, but I would think hate might be a little strong.
Dislike yes, hate, no.

ultravikingfan
10-23-2007, 12:48 PM
"Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!

I cannot even begin to fathom how you came up with that?

williamsbros9394
10-23-2007, 12:57 PM
I don't really hate anyone cause they all are out there playing but i do dislike them because some of them aren't flat out performing and are getting paid.
I think I really like everyone on our defense so I must turned to our inept offense.
of course AD, CT and our line have done everything they can do but our passing game is just atrocious and unlike other people I don't blame tarvaris, he has been rushed into such a bad position that was just a stupid move on our part by rushing raw talent in that quickly

So I have to go to Troy Williamson.
I hate how he has all the skill sets to be a dominant vertical threat but is just failing miserably at becoming that.
the amount of drops he had last year was staggering and he hasn't been much better this year.
the one td he had against the bears is the only moment I can remember in the last three years where he made a significant positive impact to the game

Marrdro
10-23-2007, 01:00 PM
"vikes2456" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Osama, Hitler etc.

;D

Quit with the positivity hippy ;)

http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/image001.gif (http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/image001.gif)

mountainviking
10-23-2007, 01:25 PM
DuhKnee dat lost the championship.

Can't pick on Hurtshell too much, forcing an I formation running back into a pass first offense was a bad idea from somewhere up top.

I am also glad that someone else is overpaying Smoot now.

cajunvike
10-23-2007, 01:33 PM
floopin' Randy Moss...for going to the Putzies!
Fuck Randy Moss!

DustinDupont
10-23-2007, 01:37 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!

I would say they love him, look what his doing for there team....

Zeus
10-23-2007, 02:02 PM
"singersp" wrote:

Vigorous Golf Clap.

=Z=

Frostbite
10-23-2007, 03:23 PM
"DustinDupont" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!

Hi Dustindupont.....I respect your point of view. Not trying to step on you personally here. Here's how I came up with that comment

Four things I look for in any player (and in people in general) are.

Integrity
Honesty
Character
Hard Work

If Randy Moss would have shown these qualities all the time he was in Minnesota he'd be catching TDs for us this season. It's ok to have different values and look at the world differently and ignore the above traits in players/people.

I am sure Moss is a nice guy...does the charity stuff etc....has some good qualities...but I would challenge you to consider those 4 areas and truthfully ask yourself if Randy showed all of those qulaities after his first couple of season on the team.

Cheers!

PurpleGator
10-23-2007, 10:29 PM
"Frostbite" wrote:

"DustinDupont" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!

Hi Dustindupont.....I respect your point of view. Not trying to step on you personally here. Here's how I came up with that comment

Integrity
Honesty
Character
Hard Work

If Randy Moss would have shown these qualities all the time he was in Minnesota he'd be catching TDs for us this season. It's ok to have different values and look at the world differently and ignore the above traits in players/people.

I am sure Moss is a nice guy...does the charity stuff etc....has some good qualities...but I would challenge you to consider those 4 areas and truthfully ask yourself if Randy showed all of those qulaities after his first couple of season on the team.

Cheers!

Another Randy Moss post.

VIKINAT0R
10-23-2007, 11:33 PM
KEENAN-HOWRY

DustinDupont
10-24-2007, 12:20 AM
"Frostbite" wrote:

"DustinDupont" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!

Integrity
Honesty
Character
Hard Work

Cheers!

well i just dont see how the new england players wouldnt respect moss, he is doing everything right, his saying everything right, and he is playing hard... and that was all i was trying to say