PDA

View Full Version : Hovan Inactive?

VikingsTw
11-28-2004, 11:13 AM
Just heard that hovan is inactive and hes not even suiting up for the game, this doesnt really surprise me, i watched last weeks tape against the lions and Spencer Johnson made more plays in one game then hovan has all year, pretty funny stuff lol.

By the way ONTERRIO is STARTING! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

VKG4LFE
11-28-2004, 11:14 AM
Wow! He needs to get back on the 'roids to help his performance!

Calmwind
11-28-2004, 11:17 AM
I honestly think Hovan has mental probs. He has been a decent player but he always seems so shy when doing interveiws, plus he never signs autographs. I think he is S.A.D ( social anxiety disorder) or something. He acts like he dont want to be around people or something, strange acting guy!

mark
11-28-2004, 11:18 AM
Im glad you said that because i thought they said bennett was inactive.But since bennett will play a little im going to guarantee he will break a long run even if he gets only one carry

HarrisonB57
11-28-2004, 11:30 AM
hovan's really taking a nosedive. Too bad, I was hoping he would be and anchor for our d-line with k.williams.

XTAP59
11-28-2004, 12:35 PM
"mark" wrote:

Im glad you said that because i thought they said bennett was inactive.But since bennett will play a little im going to guarantee he will break a long run even if he gets only one carry

OK, I'm holdin you to that....
skol Vikes, and bennett.

vikings_fan66
11-28-2004, 01:28 PM
I dont really care who is in there....as long as we start to shut down the run.

vikesls
11-28-2004, 01:29 PM
Amen brother!!! I don't care who's in as long as the job gets done.

so-cal vike
11-28-2004, 02:04 PM
It really is a shame. Hovan showed such great promise. I'm curious to hear his comments on not playing.

VKG4LFE
11-28-2004, 03:39 PM
"mark" wrote:

too bad he never got that carry! Only one reception!

LosAngelis
11-28-2004, 04:27 PM
I will give this to you...there is no one on the Vikings that Packer fans are happier to see crash and burn, even moreso than Moss.

Even though Moss has been a Packer-killer and has his own little assortment of personality quirks that make him a target by the fans of teams that don't have him on their roster, you can't help but respect his stats and what he brings to the table (kind of like Favre to everyone else).

But Hovan bordered on unstable, and the weird crap he pulled trying to drape himself on Favre so he could be a part of the Randle-Favre or Sapp-Favre legendary rivalries was sad.

The hanging of the Favre jersey in his locker was probably the point where he went from character to caricature....a parody of the image he tried so hard to create based on the success of someone else.

Favre respected Randle. Favre respected Sapp. He respected how they played on the field, not all the yapping they did off of it.

As much as Favre's whole persona screams "hillbilly", Hovan's persona screamed "white trash".

In the 80's, a Packer named Charles Martin bodyslammed Bears quarterback Jim McMahon. As much as Packer fans cheered the concept, in the end, we realized Martin was nothing more than a thug, and we were better off without him.

As much as you've cheered Hovan for trying to take Favre down a notch, its pretty obvious right now where the score between the two stands. To Favre, Hovan is a non-entity, and soon, he will be that on the field, too.

VKG4LFE
11-28-2004, 04:30 PM
We didn't ask you! jk

XTAP59
11-28-2004, 04:37 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

I will give this to you...there is no one on the Vikings that Packer fans are happier to see crash and burn, even moreso than Moss.

Even though Moss has been a Packer-killer and has his own little assortment of personality quirks that make him a target by the fans of teams that don't have him on their roster, you can't help but respect his stats and what he brings to the table (kind of like Favre to everyone else).

But Hovan bordered on unstable, and the weird crap he pulled trying to drape himself on Favre so he could be a part of the Randle-Favre or Sapp-Favre legendary rivalries was sad.

The hanging of the Favre jersey in his locker was probably the point where he went from character to caricature....a parody of the image he tried so hard to create based on the success of someone else.

Favre respected Randle. Favre respected Sapp. He respected how they played on the field, not all the yapping they did off of it.

As much as Favre's whole persona screams "hillbilly", Hovan's persona screamed "white trash".

In the 80's, a Packer named Charles Martin bodyslammed Bears quarterback Jim McMahon. As much as Packer fans cheered the concept, in the end, we realized Martin was nothing more than a thug, and we were better off without him.

As much as you've cheered Hovan for trying to take Favre down a notch, its pretty obvious right now where the score between the two stands. To Favre, Hovan is a non-entity, and soon, he will be that on the field, too.

As a fan, I cannot change the way a certain player prepares for a game. if that means hanging the opposing teams jersey in his locker, so be it. There have been much more stranger rituals.
Just ask Browns and steeler fans about the jinx and how they even had dirt from the stadium shipped in......

Apparently, it didn't work for Hovan as he was inactive today. I don't think thats the reason for his poor performance the past two seasons though.

Great win by the Vikings today.
Good to see Randy Moss, the best receiver in the NFL back on the field and catching a TD.

LOTGK

dan3ski
11-28-2004, 05:33 PM
Los I thought it was Harris that screwed up McMahan's shoulder after the play.

LosAngelis
11-28-2004, 08:52 PM
Nope, it was the legendary Charles Martin, a guy we make fun of nowadays, which I think you will be doing with Hovan ten years from now.

Caine
11-29-2004, 07:56 AM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

Nope, it was the legendary Charles Martin, a guy we make fun of nowadays, which I think you will be doing with Hovan ten years from now.

I think he'll be long forgotten by then....

Caine

whackthepack
11-29-2004, 10:13 AM
This should have been done 5 weeks ago and we did not miss him at all!

dan3ski
11-29-2004, 10:22 AM
Well if Hovan is inactive for the next game I think it is reasonable to assume he will not be resigned by the Vikings.

snowinapril
11-29-2004, 10:23 AM
"mark" wrote:

Mark,

I was hoping for the same, but he didn't get more than one touch. I think Tice is putting him on the shelf. I would like to see a few more screens using Bennett.

OH WELL!

dan3ski
11-29-2004, 10:32 AM
I agree April the sceen is fast disappearing in the NFL and it can stop a good pass rush much better than a delayed draw which hardly ever works.

snowinapril
11-29-2004, 10:35 AM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

LOS,

I think your first post was pretty accurate, but I don't know if we will make fun of Hovan. I won't! When he played wel for us, he was great. He just doesn't have it. Maybe he is sick of football and just isn't being honest with himself. Maybe he is a product of Roids then and No-Roids now. We will probably never know. He just doesn't have the drive. When he came on the team, he was encouraged and was trying to live up to his peers accomplishments on the Vikings D-line, now, he isn't getting the help and motivation up, he was to give the help and motivation to the young players. He just doesn't have it in him now.

Like I said, I like Hovan. I wish him well at what ever he wants to do. I just don't think he really has the drive to succeed at this point. The motor that never quits might have some engine problems in the brain or muscles???

snowinapril
11-29-2004, 10:36 AM
"dan3ski" wrote:

I agree April the sceen is fast disappearing in the NFL and it can stop a good pass rush much better than a delayed draw which hardly ever works.

We have done it once in the last 3 games. That is not enough.

Del Rio
11-29-2004, 10:43 AM
The screen is becoming less and less apparent in the NFL because it isn't as effective as it has been in the past. Faster D-linemen feel the OL shift and take the proper pursuit angles faster.

Also there really is no need to run screens. Tackling is poor, and QB's are taking just about anything they want down field with passing being an emphasis this year where as last year it was run run run.

I like screens but I feel they are becoming less effective. As far as the Vikings go they may have pulled the screens back because we have a patchwork line and they don't want to confuse the youngins with pull schemes.

Who knows, hard to tell what the OC is thinking half the time.

dan3ski
11-29-2004, 10:51 AM
All of the injuries to the o-line is a good point but I think that alot of younger o-linemen just can't pull off the acting job as the screen is not done alot in collage ball.

hovan
11-29-2004, 06:06 PM
"vikings_fan66" wrote:

I dont really care who is in there....as long as we start to shut down the run.

It doesn't matter who's in there, they make the opposing team Running Backs look like Barry Sanders.

bender_over
11-29-2004, 09:20 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

Nope, it was the legendary Charles Martin, a guy we make fun of nowadays, which I think you will be doing with Hovan ten years from now.Ten years from now?

Try right now