PDA

View Full Version : Will Vikings waste Peterson's greatness?

singersp
10-20-2007, 09:40 AM
Will Vikings waste A.P.'s greatness?
(http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=291824)

By Mike Florio, Sporting News
Posted October 19, 2007

With Vikings rookie running back Adrian Peterson splashing onto the NFL scene like teammate Pat Williams doing a cannonball into a kiddie pool, the real question moving forward for Peterson and the Vikings is whether he is going to be a great player on a winning team. Or whether he is going to be the next Barry Sanders, who could run like no other but never really won?...

ultravikingfan
10-20-2007, 09:50 AM
Of course.

Why wouldn't they?

NodakPaul
10-20-2007, 10:16 AM
"singersp" wrote:

Will Vikings waste A.P.'s greatness?
(http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=291824)

By Mike Florio, Sporting News
Posted October 19, 2007

With Vikings rookie running back Adrian Peterson splashing onto the NFL scene like teammate Pat Williams doing a cannonball into a kiddie pool, the real question moving forward for Peterson and the Vikings is whether he is going to be a great player on a winning team. Or whether he is going to be the next Barry Sanders, who could run like no other but never really won?...

I think I would rather be compared to Barry Sanders than most of the RBs who have a super bowl ring...

MaxVike
10-20-2007, 10:51 AM
The nay-sayers will be stood down.
The "Cashier" (as Merrill Hoge calls him) will ring the bell for a long time.
He just said AD is the #2 RB and that he will be #1 as soon as the Vikes have a QB that can take some pressure off of him.

The premise is absurd...Barry Sanders will forever be remembered for his accomplishments on the field; if AD stays healthy, he may too make an everlasting mark.
He's certainly off to a great start.

nephilimstorm
10-20-2007, 10:52 AM
If AD does his randition of Barry Sanders and wins a few Super Bowls...wowwy what a career.

PurpleTide
10-20-2007, 12:50 PM
We will build a team around him, and to be honest, by the end of this year everybody will see that we are not that far from being a championship caliber team. We just bolster a couple positions and keep improving every week we can still go 9-7 this year and crush hopes of others as this season progresses. Let's start at Dallas. Beat the plowboi's.

DustinDupont
10-20-2007, 01:17 PM
maybe this year they wont use him as much as people want but in years to come they ont waste his greatness

RK.
10-20-2007, 01:20 PM
We are just a WR and a few more games under the belt for Jackson to be a playoff team.
I think the thing that is starting to make it happen for us is that the O line seems to finally be getting the complicated blocking assignments down.
Also Chester Taylor is in a position to start having some big days with all the attention on AP.
If we score early we can beat the cowboys.

gregair13
10-20-2007, 01:21 PM
i will go with probably

DustinDupont
10-20-2007, 01:23 PM
"RK." wrote:

We are just a WR and a few more games under the belt for Jackson to be a playoff team.
I think the thing that is starting to make it happen for us is that the O line seems to finally be getting the complicated blocking assignments down.
Also Chester Taylor is in a position to start having some big days with all the attention on AP.

i agree with you totally, so we better not waste ad greatness

davike
10-20-2007, 02:02 PM
"RK." wrote:

http://www.nfl.com/videos

We have a WR...his name is Sydney Rice....we just need to be able to get the ball his way more and let him make plays. He wasn't necessarily open on his first TD catch, but he made a play, he can jump, so lets throw the ball above his head and trust he will go get it. Moss certainly wasn't open all the time but we still threw his way, and he made plays. How can Rice make plays if he doesn't get the ball even thrown to him?

AngloVike
10-20-2007, 03:08 PM
Well I'll agree that RB's can be one hit away froma career limiting hit or injury, but then any player at any position is the same.
One minuter the media says the Vikes have no offensive identity or star player, next you know they're falling all over the kid. I assume this is their way of providing balance but trying to stir things about the supporting cast.. ho hum

Marrdro
10-21-2007, 06:51 AM
"davike" wrote:

"RK." wrote:

We have a WR...his name is Sydney Rice....we just need to be able to get the ball his way more and let him make plays. He wasn't necessarily open on his first TD catch, but he made a play, he can jump, so lets throw the ball above his head and trust he will go get it. Moss certainly wasn't open all the time but we still threw his way, and he made plays. How can Rice make plays if he doesn't get the ball even thrown to him?

Nice post Davike.

Actually, we have almost all the pieces.
They just need to keep getting the reps.

TJ, Rice, T-will, B-wade, Shank, Allison, AD, Griff, McCauley, Robison, Greenway, next years draft prospects together with some very good vets being resigned by this staff and you have a very good start when it comes to putting a good team together IMHO.

Can you imagine what this team will be like by the end of the year and for years to come or am I just being a bit to optimistic again.
;D

singersp
10-21-2007, 08:41 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"davike" wrote:

"RK." wrote:

Nice post Davike.

TJ, Rice, T-will, B-wade, Shank, Allison, AD, Griff, McCauley, Robison, Greenway, next years draft prospects together with some very good vets being resigned by this staff and you have a very good start when it comes to putting a good team together IMHO.

Can you imagine what this team will be like by the end of the year and for years to come or am I just being a bit to optimistic again.

;D

Might be just a tad too optomistic at this point. We'll just have to see how the season shakes out. But when FA rolls around next year & we still have a piece or two of the puzzle missing, I sure as hell hope they go after those missing pieces in FA.

Players come & go, so you need to take advantage of that window of opportunity when you have it, which is when AD is still in his prime.

Marrdro
10-21-2007, 08:45 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"davike" wrote:

"RK." wrote:

Nice post Davike.

;D

Might be just a tad too optomistic at this point. We'll just have to see how the season shakes out. But when FA rolls around next year & we still have a piece or two of the puzzle missing, I sure as hell hope they go after those missing pieces in FA.

Players come & go, so you need to take advantage of that window of opportunity when you have it, which is when AD is still in his prime.

Couldn't agree more, however, AD, barring an unforseen injury, isn't even close to his prime yet.
;D

singersp
10-21-2007, 08:52 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"davike" wrote:

"RK." wrote:

Nice post Davike.

;D

Couldn't agree more, however, AD, barring an unforseen injury, isn't even close to his prime yet.

;D

Makes you grin like a Cheshire cat, doesn't it?
;D