PDA

View Full Version : Senior members



cogitans
10-19-2007, 09:10 PM
Ok, I'm sorry this thread had to be closed because of idiocy

I'm bringing back these important issues

As senior members please remember:

As long time members of PP.O, we should all be proud of what this site has to offer for Vikings fans world wide. This also means that as members join the site as the season goes along, we should be the first to welcome them to our site.

Sure all of them will not be Del Rio, and all of them will not be what it is you pray for in a new member when you go to bed at night.

All that said, what we really want here, is for all that preach purple, to be welcome around here, so please just try to make any new members welcome, and lets try to expand this community if we can.

snowinapril
10-19-2007, 09:16 PM
Thanks Cogs!

Good Idea!

cogitans
10-19-2007, 09:42 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:


Thanks Cogs!

Good Idea!

You're the man SIA, you made this entire thread happen

BadlandsVikings
10-19-2007, 09:55 PM
Thank you for the reminder cogs, every once in awhile we all need a swift kick in the head

Webby
10-19-2007, 10:01 PM
Thank you.
I have tolerated this as long as I can but lines are getting crossed too often and no restraint or rememberance of the golden rule to treat others like you wish to be treated.
I will continue to lock and remove assinine threads.

ultravikingfan
10-19-2007, 10:06 PM
"cogitans" wrote:


Ok, I'm sorry this thread had to be closed because of idiocy

I'm bringing back these important issues

As senior members please remember:

As long time members of PP.O, we should all be proud of what this site has to offer for Vikings fans world wide. This also means that as members join the site as the season goes along, we should be the first to welcome them to our site.

Sure all of them will not be Del Rio, and all of them will not be what it is you pray for in a new member when you go to bed at night.

All that said, what we really want here, is for all that preach purple, to be welcome around here, so please just try to make any new members welcome, and lets try to expand this community if we can.


We have always been welcoming to new members.

I think the biggest problem lately has been veteran members vs. veteran members.
To get respect you have to show respect.

cogitans
10-19-2007, 10:09 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"cogitans" wrote:


Ok, I'm sorry this thread had to be closed because of idiocy

I'm bringing back these important issues

As senior members please remember:

As long time members of PP.O, we should all be proud of what this site has to offer for Vikings fans world wide. This also means that as members join the site as the season goes along, we should be the first to welcome them to our site.

Sure all of them will not be Del Rio, and all of them will not be what it is you pray for in a new member when you go to bed at night.

All that said, what we really want here, is for all that preach purple, to be welcome around here, so please just try to make any new members welcome, and lets try to expand this community if we can.


We have always been welcoming to new members.

I think the biggest problem lately has been veteran members vs. veteran members.
To get respect you have to show respect.
I have no problem with that. I mainly wanted to continue SIA's thread, which main focus were to remind us all to welcome the new members the best that we can.

The old veteran vs. veteran issues, we'd try to tackle as they come along. Or should I say, the mods/admins will

ultravikingfan
10-19-2007, 10:12 PM
"cogitans" wrote:


"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"cogitans" wrote:


Ok, I'm sorry this thread had to be closed because of idiocy

I'm bringing back these important issues

As senior members please remember:

As long time members of PP.O, we should all be proud of what this site has to offer for Vikings fans world wide. This also means that as members join the site as the season goes along, we should be the first to welcome them to our site.

Sure all of them will not be Del Rio, and all of them will not be what it is you pray for in a new member when you go to bed at night.

All that said, what we really want here, is for all that preach purple, to be welcome around here, so please just try to make any new members welcome, and lets try to expand this community if we can.


We have always been welcoming to new members.

I think the biggest problem lately has been veteran members vs. veteran members.
To get respect you have to show respect.
I have no problem with that. I mainly wanted to continue SIA's thread, which main focus were to remind us all to welcome the new members the best that we can.

The old veteran vs. veteran issues, we'd try to tackle as they come along. Or should I say, the mods/admins will


And tackling them we have.
As Senior members we need to be able to police ourselves.
If it comes to mods/admins having to step in then nobody is having fun.

cogitans
10-19-2007, 10:20 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"cogitans" wrote:


"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"cogitans" wrote:


Ok, I'm sorry this thread had to be closed because of idiocy

I'm bringing back these important issues

As senior members please remember:

As long time members of PP.O, we should all be proud of what this site has to offer for Vikings fans world wide. This also means that as members join the site as the season goes along, we should be the first to welcome them to our site.

Sure all of them will not be Del Rio, and all of them will not be what it is you pray for in a new member when you go to bed at night.

All that said, what we really want here, is for all that preach purple, to be welcome around here, so please just try to make any new members welcome, and lets try to expand this community if we can.


We have always been welcoming to new members.

I think the biggest problem lately has been veteran members vs. veteran members.
To get respect you have to show respect.
I have no problem with that. I mainly wanted to continue SIA's thread, which main focus were to remind us all to welcome the new members the best that we can.

The old veteran vs. veteran issues, we'd try to tackle as they come along. Or should I say, the mods/admins will


And tackling them we have.
As Senior members we need to be able to police ourselves.
If it comes to mods/admins having to step in then nobody is having fun.
I were actually writing a long response to this one. Then I realized, that I'm not actually sure what issues that were being refered to.

There's been a few locked threads.

I'm pretty certain that I have stepped over the line in terms of political threads this time, but I thought that I were just getting my action on what I deemed as pretty exciting on these threads.

I'm not sure if this is actually what should be discussed here, in terms of being gentle to new comers.

Webby
10-19-2007, 10:29 PM
The only thing you need to consider is this:

as a senior member, remember when you started.
If your first few posts you were repeatedly blasted and talked down to, would you be a senior member now?

We have a new generation of newbies, and many of the old timers are reaching senior status.

This is my time to implore you remember that you can help make or break newbies.
Its not a power, it is a choice to be welcome your fellow fans into the fold and help them with the rules of the land.

cogitans
10-19-2007, 10:39 PM
"Webby" wrote:


The only thing you need to consider is this:

as a senior member, remember when you started.
If your first few posts you were repeatedly blasted and talked down to, would you be a senior member now?

We have a new generation of newbies, and many of the old timers are reaching senior status.

This is my time to implore you remember that you can help make or break newbies.
Its not a power, it is a choice to be welcome your fellow fans into the fold and help them with the rules of the land.
Thank you for capturing what were the essence of the this thread.

"cogitans" wrote:


As senior members please remember:

As long time members of PP.O, we should all be proud of what this site has to offer for Vikings fans world wide. This also means that as members join the site as the season goes along, we should be the first to welcome them to our site.

Sure all of them will not be Del Rio, and all of them will not be what it is you pray for in a new member when you go to bed at night.

All that said, what we really want here, is for all that preach purple, to be welcome around here, so please just try to make any new members welcome, and lets try to expand this community if we can.

shockzilla
10-19-2007, 10:40 PM
Amen. Golden rules to live by - especially us. And I have not treated some lately as I would want to be treated, and for that I apologize.

davike
10-19-2007, 11:22 PM
"cogitans" wrote:


Ok, I'm sorry this thread had to be closed because of idiocy
I'm bringing back these important issues

As senior members please remember:

As long time members of PP.O, we should all be proud of what this site has to offer for Vikings fans world wide. This also means that as members join the site as the season goes along, we should be the first to welcome them to our site.

Sure all of them will not be Del Rio, and all of them will not be what it is you pray for in a new member when you go to bed at night.

All that said, what we really want here, is for all that preach purple, to be welcome around here, so please just try to make any new members welcome, and lets try to expand this community if we can.


Ouch.....I guess I have to take a good share of the blame for that. Sorry dudes.

Prophet
10-20-2007, 01:56 AM
"Webby" wrote:


Thank you.
I have tolerated this as long as I can but lines are getting crossed too often and no restraint or rememberance of the golden rule to treat others like you wish to be treated.

I will continue to lock and remove assinine threads.


What if you like being treated like shit?
:-X

LuckyVike
10-20-2007, 04:04 AM
"Prophet" wrote:


"Webby" wrote:


Thank you.
I have tolerated this as long as I can but lines are getting crossed too often and no restraint or rememberance of the golden rule to treat others like you wish to be treated.

I will continue to lock and remove assinine threads.


What if you like being treated like shit?
:-X


I figured you were into that kinda thing.

ultravikingfan
10-20-2007, 05:55 AM
"Prophet" wrote:


"Webby" wrote:


Thank you.
I have tolerated this as long as I can but lines are getting crossed too often and no restraint or rememberance of the golden rule to treat others like you wish to be treated.

I will continue to lock and remove assinine threads.


What if you like being treated like shit?
:-X


We will out this dancing poopy next to your avatar.

http://www.buffalorange.com/images/smilies/poop.gif

LuckyVike
10-20-2007, 09:14 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


"Webby" wrote:


Thank you.
I have tolerated this as long as I can but lines are getting crossed too often and no restraint or rememberance of the golden rule to treat others like you wish to be treated.

I will continue to lock and remove assinine threads.


What if you like being treated like shit?
:-X


We will out this dancing poopy next to your avatar.

http://www.buffalorange.com/images/smilies/poop.gif


Omg........please do.

nephilimstorm
10-20-2007, 09:54 AM
Everytime I see LV avatar it makes me think what if that Lep. just took a dumb LOL

COJOMAY
10-20-2007, 10:27 AM
"Nephilim" wrote:


Everytime I see LV avatar it makes me think what if that Lep. just took a dumb LOL


He will when Kentucky loses to Florida today!
;D

LuckyVike
10-20-2007, 10:30 AM
"COJOMAY" wrote:


"Nephilim" wrote:


Everytime I see LV avatar it makes me think what if that Lep. just took a dumb LOL


He will when Kentucky loses to Florida today!
;D


Buddy, you watching Game Day?
The fans are going crazy today, I can't wait for this game.

Zeus
10-21-2007, 11:57 AM
"Prophet" wrote:


"Webby" wrote:


Thank you.
I have tolerated this as long as I can but lines are getting crossed too often and no restraint or rememberance of the golden rule to treat others like you wish to be treated.

I will continue to lock and remove assinine threads.


What if you like being treated like shit?
:-X


Then make sure you address the post to me, 6Kings, yourself, Caine or the now-dead Del Rio.

=Z=

marstc09
10-22-2007, 09:50 PM
"cogitans" wrote:


Ok, I'm sorry this thread had to be closed because of idiocy

I'm bringing back these important issues

As senior members please remember:

As long time members of PP.O, we should all be proud of what this site has to offer for Vikings fans world wide. This also means that as members join the site as the season goes along, we should be the first to welcome them to our site.

Sure all of them will not be Del Rio, and all of them will not be what it is you pray for in a new member when you go to bed at night.

All that said, what we really want here, is for all that preach purple, to be welcome around here, so please just try to make any new members welcome, and lets try to expand this community if we can.


My apologizes.

BadlandsVikings
01-01-2008, 12:40 AM
I think we need a reminder to....

BE NICE!!!!
>:(

Keep the site fun and don't be a jackass

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=41116.msg700503;topicseen#new

Marrdro
01-01-2008, 07:22 AM
Great post and thanks for the reminder.

Most of us have our demons with respect to how we sometimes respond to new posters as well as senior members.

For the ones who put up with that and in most cases smooth it over, I thank you.

As for me, I am still a work in progress.
Again, thanks for the timely reminder.

ultravikingfan
01-01-2008, 01:41 PM
It's a tough time to be a Vikings fan.
Things will mellow out, just give it time.

snowinapril
01-01-2008, 01:54 PM
It has been an emotional roller coaster that has finally come to an end.

Highs and lows, most recently, we had the chance to make the playoffs and the "rush" of excitement is over and now it is just a downer with nothing to look forward to until the draft 120 days or so away.

People willing to do anything to score some smack (rush) or ready to jump off the ledge to commit PPO suicide.


Highs and lows.

Honestly, I thought the season was a positive and it is good to thwart the negativity with positive aspects of the season.

EJ, McCauley, Williams and Williams, Rice, AD, even TJ (when he gets out from the Chilly thumb) are positives.
I am sure I have left out a few others.

Fight the good fight!!!

Mr Anderson
01-01-2008, 02:04 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:


It has been an emotional roller coaster that has finally come to an end.

Highs and lows, most recently, we had the chance to make the playoffs and the "rush" of excitement is over and now it is just a downer with nothing to look forward to until the draft 120 days or so away.

People willing to do anything to score some smack (rush) or ready to jump off the ledge to commit PPO suicide.


Highs and lows.

Honestly, I thought the season was a positive and it is good to thwart the negativity with positive aspects of the season.

EJ, McCauley, Williams and Williams, Rice, AD, even TJ (when he gets out from the Chilly thumb) are positives.
I am sure I have left out a few others.

Fight the good fight!!!


HUTCHINSON AND THE REST OF THE LINE YOU IDIOT! DON'T YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE VIKINGS OR FOOTBALL IN GENERAL!?


;D

BadlandsVikings
01-01-2008, 02:13 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:


It has been an emotional roller coaster that has finally come to an end.

Highs and lows, most recently, we had the chance to make the playoffs and the "rush" of excitement is over and now it is just a downer with nothing to look forward to until the draft 120 days or so away.

People willing to do anything to score some smack (rush) or ready to jump off the ledge to commit PPO suicide.

Highs and lows.

Honestly, I thought the season was a positive and it is good to thwart the negativity with positive aspects of the season.

EJ, McCauley, Williams and Williams, Rice, AD, even TJ (when he gets out from the Chilly thumb) are positives.
I am sure I have left out a few others.

Fight the good fight!!!


It's too bad the idiots don't do that instead of the good ones.

snowinapril
01-01-2008, 02:19 PM
"Mr" wrote:


"snowinapril" wrote:


It has been an emotional roller coaster that has finally come to an end.

Highs and lows, most recently, we had the chance to make the playoffs and the "rush" of excitement is over and now it is just a downer with nothing to look forward to until the draft 120 days or so away.

People willing to do anything to score some smack (rush) or ready to jump off the ledge to commit PPO suicide.


Highs and lows.

Honestly, I thought the season was a positive and it is good to thwart the negativity with positive aspects of the season.

EJ, McCauley, Williams and Williams, Rice, AD, even TJ (when he gets out from the Chilly thumb) are positives.
I am sure I have left out a few others.

Fight the good fight!!!


HUTCHINSON AND THE REST OF THE LINE YOU IDIOT! DON'T YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE VIKINGS OR FOOTBALL IN GENERAL!?


;D


LOL!
I thought that was too obvious to mention.
All in good fun.... that is the spirit.

snowinapril
01-01-2008, 02:22 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:


"snowinapril" wrote:


It has been an emotional roller coaster that has finally come to an end.

Highs and lows, most recently, we had the chance to make the playoffs and the "rush" of excitement is over and now it is just a downer with nothing to look forward to until the draft 120 days or so away.

People willing to do anything to score some smack (rush) or ready to jump off the ledge to commit PPO suicide.

Highs and lows.

Honestly, I thought the season was a positive and it is good to thwart the negativity with positive aspects of the season.

EJ, McCauley, Williams and Williams, Rice, AD, even TJ (when he gets out from the Chilly thumb) are positives.
I am sure I have left out a few others.

Fight the good fight!!!


It's too bad the idiots don't do that instead of the good ones.


BLV,

BTW, thanks for bringing this thread back.

SIA

marstc09
01-01-2008, 02:26 PM
I know everyone is upset but I have to say this, I met a lot of cool people this year. This site is the reason for it. We should do everything in our power to make sure this site gains more people who voice their opinion. I am looking forward to meeting more Vikings fans because it gets lonely talking Vikings in Packer country.

BadlandsVikings
01-01-2008, 02:30 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:


"BadlandsViking" wrote:


"snowinapril" wrote:


It has been an emotional roller coaster that has finally come to an end.

Highs and lows, most recently, we had the chance to make the playoffs and the "rush" of excitement is over and now it is just a downer with nothing to look forward to until the draft 120 days or so away.

People willing to do anything to score some smack (rush) or ready to jump off the ledge to commit PPO suicide.

Highs and lows.

Honestly, I thought the season was a positive and it is good to thwart the negativity with positive aspects of the season.

EJ, McCauley, Williams and Williams, Rice, AD, even TJ (when he gets out from the Chilly thumb) are positives.
I am sure I have left out a few others.

Fight the good fight!!!


It's too bad the idiots don't do that instead of the good ones.


BLV,

BTW, thanks for bringing this thread back.

SIA


Not a problem, I thought it was necessary after I saw singer's post in the good bad and ugly thread.
Singer is right, this place isn't as much fun as it used to be....I know a lot of it has to with people being pissed off with losing, and I also feel that the site has gotten too big and it's not the tight knit place it it used to be....We will be seeing a lot more of the members that were here everyday not here as much or not at all.
Just my opionion, and I hope I'm wrong.

COJOMAY
01-01-2008, 02:36 PM
You are absolutely right BLV. Some of our best posters are dropping because of digging comments and jabs. And there will be more dropping out in the future. I'm sure Webby will be addressing the problem in the near future.

BadlandsVikings
01-01-2008, 02:46 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:


You are absolutely right BLV. Some of our best posters are dropping because of digging comments and jabs. And there will be more in the future. I'm sure Webby will be addressing the problem in the near future.


Some of it is personel and family issues why they left, but I know alot of it is the comments....here is A list of the one's who we don't see anymore or hardly at all who made the site fun

Del Rio
Prophet
WBLvikebabe
DCPologirl
6-kings
cajun
possibly singer

This is just a few, I'm sure there are more that people remember...and there will be more unless things change

snowinapril
01-01-2008, 02:55 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:


"snowinapril" wrote:


"BadlandsViking" wrote:


"snowinapril" wrote:


It has been an emotional roller coaster that has finally come to an end.

Highs and lows, most recently, we had the chance to make the playoffs and the "rush" of excitement is over and now it is just a downer with nothing to look forward to until the draft 120 days or so away.

People willing to do anything to score some smack (rush) or ready to jump off the ledge to commit PPO suicide.

Highs and lows.

Honestly, I thought the season was a positive and it is good to thwart the negativity with positive aspects of the season.

EJ, McCauley, Williams and Williams, Rice, AD, even TJ (when he gets out from the Chilly thumb) are positives.
I am sure I have left out a few others.

Fight the good fight!!!


It's too bad the idiots don't do that instead of the good ones.


BLV,

BTW, thanks for bringing this thread back.

SIA


Not a problem, I thought it was necessary after I saw singer's post in the good bad and ugly thread.
Singer is right, this place isn't as much fun as it used to be....I know a lot of it has to with people being pissed off with losing, and I also feel that the site has gotten too big and it's not the tight knit place it it used to be....We will be seeing a lot more of the members that were here everyday not here as much or not at all.
Just my opionion, and I hope I'm wrong.


I haven't been around here as much, mostly because of the schedule of work and travels, but I have felt the size of this site and the affects it has had.
It is a lot of effort trying to voice opinions with the number of people that have differing opinions.
It is also difficult to keep a train of thought in a thread with so many opinions and the direction changing as it does.


After all, this is the internet, and it isn't one's home, we are all visitors.
This place is going to change over and over again.
Adapting is a key component to sticking around here.
PPO after all is definitely a place for socializing.

snowinapril
01-01-2008, 03:00 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:


"COJOMAY" wrote:


You are absolutely right BLV. Some of our best posters are dropping because of digging comments and jabs. And there will be more in the future. I'm sure Webby will be addressing the problem in the near future.


Some of it is personel and family issues why they left, but I know alot of it is the comments....here is A list of the one's who we don't see anymore or hardly at all who made the site fun

Del Rio
Prophet
WBLvikebabe
DCPologirl
6-kings
cajun
possibly singer

This is just a few, I'm sure there are more that people remember...and there will be more unless things change


I am not going to make a list, but there are some newbs in the last year that one has to be thankful for.

Like I said thing will evolve.
It may be uncomfortable thinking that these fine members on the list above are no longer here, but it is always their choice that they left.

Garland Greene
01-01-2008, 03:04 PM
I guess I never really considered myseldf a senior memeber but I will give my own 2 cents. I cam eto this site from KFAN. I was belive it or not actually a mod for them. I tried desperatly to make the forum run smoothly but They felt that 30 Moss and Culpepper threads were ok even though they were no lobger with the team. They thought that the constant bashing name calling, multiple posting and threads that had nothing to do the Vikings
was Ok, and that I was a "nazi" for trying to crack down on it ans have things go so that more peopel and the good posters would not leave. So I finally gave up and left the site all together. I was looking for a site that I could talk Vikings and without all of the BS. Tried one site that is no longer in exsistance(thank God) that was almost like a cult and had very few posters on it. and a couple of others I would peek in on and I actually found this site by accident. I for one am glad I did. I have dissagreed, and I know people have with me Especiall on TJ :), But I also cannot see myself anywhere else. I tghink what has ahappened is that we get people from those other sites that see those sort of things and think that it s the norm for how you behave on sites. So unfortunatly it has come here. I will take full responsibility if the whole T-Joke thing has contributed to it as well. And for that I will stop. I will not chnage my opinion on him for now but I will control how I go about expressing it. Which brings up a good point about policing ourselves. That would help and most of us do a good job I think.

Solutions? again just my 2 cents, the Mods do a great job, But I really only see Shock and Ultra here on a regular basis. Not at all saying the others don't do a good job, but when I see most of the threads that are locked or moved it is usually by Ultra followed by Shock. They however can't catch everything.

This is a great site, and i love being here I hjave had the pleasure of meeting
some great people both here and in person as well. But when great people and posters start leaving I hope that there is a wake up call to all of us that we can all do things, not just the Mods to make it, and continue to be hands down the best Viking site around.

AngloVike
01-01-2008, 03:07 PM
Unfortunately people will come and go and always remember that we were all newbs here at some time. Luckily we didn't all get jumped over else the site wouldn't be here and running with the features that Webby has provided.

One blessing is that while it is here then people will have the option to come back and we will gain other good posters in the future as well.

LuckyVike
01-01-2008, 03:10 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:


"COJOMAY" wrote:


You are absolutely right BLV. Some of our best posters are dropping because of digging comments and jabs. And there will be more in the future. I'm sure Webby will be addressing the problem in the near future.


Some of it is personel and family issues why they left, but I know alot of it is the comments....here is A list of the one's who we don't see anymore or hardly at all who made the site fun

Del Rio
Prophet
WBLvikebabe
DCPologirl
6-kings
cajun
possibly singer

This is just a few, I'm sure there are more that people remember...and there will be more unless things change


There is a lot of personality on that list.
These days it seems like everytime I get on the boards, I end up getting pissed because one member or another is bound to make a smartass response to something said.

C Mac D
01-01-2008, 03:11 PM
Possibly Singer? Is Singer gone? He just had his own recognition thread... What happened?

COJOMAY
01-01-2008, 03:15 PM
"C" wrote:


Possibly Singer? Is Singer gone? He just had his own recognition thread... What happened?


Yes, read his final thread on "The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly."

BadlandsVikings
01-01-2008, 03:19 PM
"C" wrote:


Possibly Singer? Is Singer gone? He just had his own recognition thread... What happened?


There are also a few more who are thinking about it.

Garland Greene
01-01-2008, 03:29 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:


"C" wrote:


Possibly Singer? Is Singer gone? He just had his own recognition thread... What happened?


There are also a few more who are thinking about it.


Hopefully not you to BLV :(

marstc09
01-01-2008, 03:32 PM
I hope nobody leaves.

Garland Greene
01-01-2008, 03:34 PM
"marstc09" wrote:


I hope nobody leaves.


Ditto

BadlandsVikings
01-01-2008, 03:51 PM
"Garland" wrote:


"BadlandsViking" wrote:


"C" wrote:


Possibly Singer? Is Singer gone? He just had his own recognition thread... What happened?


There are also a few more who are thinking about it.


Hopefully not you to BLV :(


I feel that it might be time

Garland Greene
01-01-2008, 03:53 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:


"Garland" wrote:


"BadlandsViking" wrote:


"C" wrote:


Possibly Singer? Is Singer gone? He just had his own recognition thread... What happened?


There are also a few more who are thinking about it.


Hopefully not you to BLV :(


Why? same reasons?

I feel that it might be time

Marrdro
01-01-2008, 03:56 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:


"Garland" wrote:


"BadlandsViking" wrote:


"C" wrote:


Possibly Singer? Is Singer gone? He just had his own recognition thread... What happened?


There are also a few more who are thinking about it.


Hopefully not you to BLV :(


I feel that it might be time

Banish the thought my friend.
Hopefully I haven't offended.
If I have in anyway I apologize.

Truth be told that if everyone who adds any kindof credibility to this site leaves and all we are left with are the guys/gals who just quip one line junk then haven't they won?

When it gets to the point that all we have is that then I guess I to will move on and try to find another site were varied inputs are taken, discussed by all.

Stick around, keep adding your stuff and don't let them win my friend.
;D

Webby
01-01-2008, 03:56 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:


"C" wrote:


Possibly Singer? Is Singer gone? He just had his own recognition thread... What happened?


There are also a few more who are thinking about it.


read my post in there.
There are a few key folks fed up, and that would lend the belief that a whole underbelly is too.

I harken back to the role of us seniors here.
I don't want to reach the point I pull the plug, but the days sometimes are numbered, and then I mellow out again.
Its been a tough year on many fronts for Vikings faithful.

Freya
01-01-2008, 03:58 PM
This whole deal makes me feel sick.

I hardly know what to say.

Freya
01-01-2008, 04:03 PM
"Freya" wrote:


This whole deal makes me feel sick.

I hardly know what to say.


On second thought............I do too know what to say..............

SKOL VIKINGS!!

Tis the bottom line after all. ;D

BadlandsVikings
01-01-2008, 04:04 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"BadlandsViking" wrote:


"Garland" wrote:


"BadlandsViking" wrote:


"C" wrote:


Possibly Singer? Is Singer gone? He just had his own recognition thread... What happened?


There are also a few more who are thinking about it.


Hopefully not you to BLV :(


I feel that it might be time

Banish the thought my friend.
Hopefully I haven't offended.
If I have in anyway I apologize.

Truth be told that if everyone who adds any kindof credibility to this site leaves and all we are left with are the guys/gals who just quip one line junk then haven't they won?

When it gets to the point that all we have is that then I guess I to will move on and try to find another site were varied inputs are taken, discussed by all.

Stick around, keep adding your stuff and don't let them win my friend.

;D


You didn't do anything, you have nothing to apologize for. I've made some good friends here and met some cool people, but I'm just not having much fun anymore.

Garland Greene
01-01-2008, 04:09 PM
If we posted naked pictures would that help? :D

Purple Floyd
01-01-2008, 04:11 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"BadlandsViking" wrote:


"Garland" wrote:


"BadlandsViking" wrote:




Possibly Singer? Is Singer gone? He just had his own recognition thread... What happened?


There are also a few more who are thinking about it.


Hopefully not you to BLV :(


I feel that it might be time

Banish the thought my friend.
Hopefully I haven't offended.
If I have in anyway I apologize.

Truth be told that if everyone who adds any kindof credibility to this site leaves and all we are left with are the guys/gals who just quip one line junk then haven't they won?

When it gets to the point that all we have is that then I guess I to will move on and try to find another site were varied inputs are taken, discussed by all.

Stick around, keep adding your stuff and don't let them win my friend.
;D


You didn't do anything, you have nothing to apologize for. I've made some good friends here and met some cool people, but I'm just not having much fun anymore.



You are a Vikings fan, you aren't supposed to have fun. If that was the case we would have a few Lombardi trophies to talk about. This is our lot in life. It's not alot but it's a life ;D ;D

Purple Floyd
01-01-2008, 04:11 PM
"Garland" wrote:


If we posted naked pictures would that help? :D


I would be willing to give it a shot. Let 'er rip :o

Webby
01-01-2008, 04:17 PM
I think we all need a good laugh.
It was a rough season.

Garland Greene
01-01-2008, 04:19 PM
We ment pictures of women Webby, not of you :D

cogitans
01-01-2008, 04:31 PM
I think we need to all cool down for a few weeks. Everyone is depressed and upset for good reason right now.

I say let calmer heads prevail before anyone make any more decisions.

I wanted to make another response in the Good/Bad/Ugly thread, but I decided that I want to think some more about it before I do so.

Garland Greene
01-01-2008, 04:33 PM
"cogitans" wrote:


I think we need to all cool down for a few weeks. Everyone is depressed and upset for good reason right now.

I say let calmer heads prevail before anyone make any more decisions.

I wanted to make another response in the Good/Bad/Ugly thread, but I decided that I want to think some more about it before I do so.


Excellent point between enduring the tough season and also the normal Stres of the Holidays it does take a toll in some ways more than we think.

Marrdro
01-01-2008, 04:34 PM
"Webby" wrote:


I think we all need a good laugh.

It was a rough season.

And yet you all still crack me up my friend.
;D

ultravikingfan
01-01-2008, 04:40 PM
People get way to sensitive,
And, sometimes the people getting all upset are just as guilty as the ones they are whining about.
Sorry,
but its the truth.
Don't take shit so personally.

And if you are going to quit, don't make a post about it.
Those who have made posts "quitting" are still members.
The others have gone quietly.
Singer knows how I feel about this and he will be back.
He has way too much time here to throw away his friendships.

marstc09
01-01-2008, 04:41 PM
I think all of our New Years resolution should be to get along

ultravikingfan
01-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Since this was not really about football anymore, I moved it here.
Besides, Singer was reading it as a guest...now he has to sign in to read it.
;D

Marrdro
01-01-2008, 04:48 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


Since this was not really about football anymore, I moved it here.
Besides, Singer was reading it as a guest...now he has to sign in to read it.

;D

You are a sneaky sneak man.

Hey someone, remind me that the Hammer is sneaky everyonce in a while.
I keep forgetting that.
;D

cogitans
01-01-2008, 04:49 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


People get way to sensitive,
And, sometimes the people getting all upset are just as guilty as the ones they are whining about.
Sorry,
but its the truth.
Don't take shit so personally.

And if you are going to quit, don't make a post about it.
Those who have made posts "quitting" are still members.
The others have gone quietly.
Singer knows how I feel about this and he will be back.
He has way too much time here to throw away his friendships.
I think you may be correct.

I know I'm back and forth myself. Look at you also, you can bring the heat, and does it, but also you keep people in check if they do get out of line.

The main problem is if it's actually true that people do get belittled and scared to post, then we have troubles at hand. I can see why there could be a problem, yet I don't realize it, but then I don't read all.

I think some of this discussion also belong in the mod forum, and I'm sure it is in there too. I don't have that access, but I think one of the main evaluations needed to be done there is to see if there are enough mods to handle the job, and how the hard work is distributed between them.

Zeus
01-01-2008, 05:07 PM
"marstc09" wrote:


I hope nobody leaves.


Quite frankly, as the one who posted the post that prompted Singer to break his final straw, I find the hypocrisy to be stunning.

I am accused of "constantly" (direct word used by Singer) correcting spelling and grammar, but a perusal of my last 500 posts found that I did that just a couple times.
And when I do it - it is in response to gagging on someone's name (a HUGE pet peeve of mine - if you have a hard-to-spell last name, you'll understand) or a poster calling calling someone else an idiot while not showing the basic abilities to form a coherent sentence using skills that SHOULD have been learned in High School.

Meanwhile, a very brief look around finds all SORTS of members, senior, newbie, Viking fan, troll, etc. attacking and reacting and generally violating the "Golden Rule".
It's not just me.
And I won't take the blame.

ANYONE who thinks PPO is a bad place on the Internet should spend a week or two in some of the public USENET forums out there.
You think it's bad if someone tells you your take on Tarvaris Jackson is stupid?
Try dealing with 400 posts in a 2-hour period where every 3rd one calls another member a "fag" and, in the end, someone is threatening to come to someone's real world house and beat the crap out of them.
I've been on forums where police were involved because of that kind of bullshit.

Pining for the "Good Old Days" is fine and dandy.
However, as with ALL communities, things evolve and change over time.
People move in and out of your neighborhood all the time - maybe someone you don't like moving in would be a cause for you to move - that's just life.
But it is a natural progression - and no amount of stomping and gnashing and wishing will stop that.

If I make a post that calls some Packer troll an idiot, then it's followed up by lots of "Good One Z!"s and "LOL"s.
However, if I make the same post that calls some Viking fan an idiot, that is somehow different - simply because of the chosen team for which that poster roots.

I will NOT apologize or feel bad for taking time to post a post that explains how a "fact" that was posted was wrong.
You all will recognize that as part of my M.O. on this site.
HOWEVER, I find it EXTREMELY frustrating when someone says that I think my "shit don't stink" or that I never admit that I'm wrong or eat crow, because that is complete horseshit.
I call myself out or admit that I'm wrong as much if not more than ANYONE else on this site.
That's because I believe that credibility is gained by doing so.
But people don't remember that - or care to mention it.

Clearly, some have a problem with my posting style.
Oh well.
Either the mods are doing a really crappy job of moderating or there is no general problem with the site administration and myself.
I've never gotten a green dot.
I've only been edited a couple times - and one of those was back in the day before there was a profanity filter.

It has taken me nearly 45 minutes to write this post, because I'm taking the time to go back, edit, re-write and generally make sure that I'm saying EXACTLY what I want to say.
In my time here on PPO, I've been called an "asshole", a "dickhead", "idiot" and "jackass".
My family has been verbally attacked.
I've been horrified by the homophobic slurs and sickeningly creepy posts directed at some of the female members.


And still I remain and will continue to remain, even after what has been a really tough week for me here.
Why?
Not because of any of the good friends I've made here, nor because of any of the folks I don't think are so great leaving.

I stay because I love the Vikings.
And because I feel that I have much more to contribute to discussions about the Vikings, football, bad jokes, WWYDs, computer help, interview questions and other things that I value about PPO.

If you don't like my style or what I post - then ignore me.
That's why there's a button.
I don't ignore, just as I have never used a kill-file (more USENET stuff for you pre-Web internet dorks like me).
I find it's much easier just to skip past bullshit that I don't care to read.


I'm not going anywhere.
I hope no one else does either.

=Z=

Zeus
01-01-2008, 05:11 PM
"Webby" wrote:


I think we all need a good laugh.
It was a rough season.


I still think you cheated in the FF final.
I can't figure out how, but you must have.

=Z=

Marrdro
01-01-2008, 05:12 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


"Webby" wrote:


I think we all need a good laugh.

It was a rough season.


I still think you cheated in the FF final.
I can't figure out how, but you must have.

=Z=

You mean he finally let you log in to set your roster?
;D

Zeus
01-01-2008, 05:14 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


People get way to sensitive,
And, sometimes the people getting all upset are just as guilty as the ones they are whining about.
Sorry,
but its the truth.
Don't take shit so personally.


You're a MUCH bigger asshole than me - and you're the Uber Mod!


=Z=

Garland Greene
01-01-2008, 05:17 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


I hope nobody leaves.


Quite frankly, as the one who posted the post that prompted Singer to break his final straw, I find the hypocrisy to be stunning.

I am accused of "constantly" (direct word used by Singer) correcting spelling and grammar, but a perusal of my last 500 posts found that I did that just a couple times.
And when I do it - it is in response to gagging on someone's name (a HUGE pet peeve of mine - if you have a hard-to-spell last name, you'll understand) or a poster calling calling someone else an idiot while not showing the basic abilities to form a coherent sentence using skills that SHOULD have been learned in High School.

Meanwhile, a very brief look around finds all SORTS of members, senior, newbie, Viking fan, troll, etc. attacking and reacting and generally violating the "Golden Rule".
It's not just me.
And I won't take the blame.

ANYONE who thinks PPO is a bad place on the Internet should spend a week or two in some of the public USENET forums out there.
You think it's bad if someone tells you your take on Tarvaris Jackson is stupid?
Try dealing with 400 posts in a 2-hour period where every 3rd one calls another member a "fag" and, in the end, someone is threatening to come to someone's real world house and beat the crap out of them.
I've been on forums where police were involved because of that kind of bullshit.

Pining for the "Good Old Days" is fine and dandy.
However, as with ALL communities, things evolve and change over time.
People move in and out of your neighborhood all the time - maybe someone you don't like moving in would be a cause for you to move - that's just life.
But it is a natural progression - and no amount of stomping and gnashing and wishing will stop that.

If I make a post that calls some Packer troll an idiot, then it's followed up by lots of "Good One Z!"s and "LOL"s.
However, if I make the same post that calls some Viking fan an idiot, that is somehow different - simply because of the chosen team for which that poster roots.

I will NOT apologize or feel bad for taking time to post a post that explains how a "fact" that was posted was wrong.
You all will recognize that as part of my M.O. on this site.
HOWEVER, I find it EXTREMELY frustrating when someone says that I think my "shit don't stink" or that I never admit that I'm wrong or eat crow, because that is complete horseshit.
I call myself out or admit that I'm wrong as much if not more than ANYONE else on this site.
That's because I believe that credibility is gained by doing so.
But people don't remember that - or care to mention it.

Clearly, some have a problem with my posting style.
Oh well.
Either the mods are doing a really crappy job of moderating or there is no general problem with the site administration and myself.
I've never gotten a green dot.
I've only been edited a couple times - and one of those was back in the day before there was a profanity filter.

It has taken me nearly 45 minutes to write this post, because I'm taking the time to go back, edit, re-write and generally make sure that I'm saying EXACTLY what I want to say.
In my time here on PPO, I've been called an "asshole", a "dickhead", "idiot" and "jackass".
My family has been verbally attacked.
I've been horrified by the homophobic slurs and sickeningly creepy posts directed at some of the female members.


And still I remain and will continue to remain, even after what has been a really tough week for me here.
Why?
Not because of any of the good friends I've made here, nor because of any of the folks I don't think are so great leaving.

I stay because I love the Vikings.
And because I feel that I have much more to contribute to discussions about the Vikings, football, bad jokes, WWYDs, computer help, interview questions and other things that I value about PPO.

If you don't like my style or what I post - then ignore me.
That's why there's a button.
I don't ignore, just as I have never used a kill-file (more USENET stuff for you pre-Web internet dorks like me).
I find it's much easier just to skip past bullshit that I don't care to read.


I'm not going anywhere.
I hope no one else does either.

=Z=


Well thought out Zues. Everyone has different styles and opinions. If they did not this would be a pretty boring place. Hopefully wee(PPO) can all get past this little hiccup and move on to the excitement of the offseason as it gets closer.

Zeus
01-01-2008, 05:23 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"Webby" wrote:


I think we all need a good laugh.

It was a rough season.


I still think you cheated in the FF final.
I can't figure out how, but you must have.


You mean he finally let you log in to set your roster?

;D


I'm not about to mess with my mother's internet security settings on her own computer.
But, yes, I did set my roster and SCREW YOU JON GRUDEN for not playing Ernest Graham.

=Z=

PacNWVike
01-01-2008, 05:27 PM
The Golden Rule folks...

ultravikingfan
01-01-2008, 07:08 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


"ultravikingfan" wrote:


People get way to sensitive,
And, sometimes the people getting all upset are just as guilty as the ones they are whining about.
Sorry,
but its the truth.
Don't take shit so personally.


You're a MUCH bigger asshole than me - and you're the Uber Mod!


=Z=


Ok, do not know where that came from.
I was kind of on your side.

Good post Z.

Zeus
01-01-2008, 07:34 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"ultravikingfan" wrote:


People get way to sensitive,
And, sometimes the people getting all upset are just as guilty as the ones they are whining about.
Sorry,
but its the truth.
Don't take shit so personally.


You're a MUCH bigger asshole than me - and you're the Uber Mod!



Ok, do not know where that came from.
I was kind of on your side.

Good post Z.


Meant in humor, Bruddah, as I think you know.

=Z=

marstc09
01-01-2008, 07:35 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


I hope nobody leaves.


Quite frankly, as the one who posted the post that prompted Singer to break his final straw, I find the hypocrisy to be stunning.

I am accused of "constantly" (direct word used by Singer) correcting spelling and grammar, but a perusal of my last 500 posts found that I did that just a couple times.
And when I do it - it is in response to gagging on someone's name (a HUGE pet peeve of mine - if you have a hard-to-spell last name, you'll understand) or a poster calling calling someone else an idiot while not showing the basic abilities to form a coherent sentence using skills that SHOULD have been learned in High School.

Meanwhile, a very brief look around finds all SORTS of members, senior, newbie, Viking fan, troll, etc. attacking and reacting and generally violating the "Golden Rule".
It's not just me.
And I won't take the blame.

ANYONE who thinks PPO is a bad place on the Internet should spend a week or two in some of the public USENET forums out there.
You think it's bad if someone tells you your take on Tarvaris Jackson is stupid?
Try dealing with 400 posts in a 2-hour period where every 3rd one calls another member a "fag" and, in the end, someone is threatening to come to someone's real world house and beat the crap out of them.
I've been on forums where police were involved because of that kind of bullshit.

Pining for the "Good Old Days" is fine and dandy.
However, as with ALL communities, things evolve and change over time.
People move in and out of your neighborhood all the time - maybe someone you don't like moving in would be a cause for you to move - that's just life.
But it is a natural progression - and no amount of stomping and gnashing and wishing will stop that.

If I make a post that calls some Packer troll an idiot, then it's followed up by lots of "Good One Z!"s and "LOL"s.
However, if I make the same post that calls some Viking fan an idiot, that is somehow different - simply because of the chosen team for which that poster roots.

I will NOT apologize or feel bad for taking time to post a post that explains how a "fact" that was posted was wrong.
You all will recognize that as part of my M.O. on this site.
HOWEVER, I find it EXTREMELY frustrating when someone says that I think my "shit don't stink" or that I never admit that I'm wrong or eat crow, because that is complete horseshit.
I call myself out or admit that I'm wrong as much if not more than ANYONE else on this site.
That's because I believe that credibility is gained by doing so.
But people don't remember that - or care to mention it.

Clearly, some have a problem with my posting style.
Oh well.
Either the mods are doing a really crappy job of moderating or there is no general problem with the site administration and myself.
I've never gotten a green dot.
I've only been edited a couple times - and one of those was back in the day before there was a profanity filter.

It has taken me nearly 45 minutes to write this post, because I'm taking the time to go back, edit, re-write and generally make sure that I'm saying EXACTLY what I want to say.
In my time here on PPO, I've been called an "asshole", a "dickhead", "idiot" and "jackass".
My family has been verbally attacked.
I've been horrified by the homophobic slurs and sickeningly creepy posts directed at some of the female members.


And still I remain and will continue to remain, even after what has been a really tough week for me here.
Why?
Not because of any of the good friends I've made here, nor because of any of the folks I don't think are so great leaving.

I stay because I love the Vikings.
And because I feel that I have much more to contribute to discussions about the Vikings, football, bad jokes, WWYDs, computer help, interview questions and other things that I value about PPO.

If you don't like my style or what I post - then ignore me.
That's why there's a button.
I don't ignore, just as I have never used a kill-file (more USENET stuff for you pre-Web internet dorks like me).
I find it's much easier just to skip past bullshit that I don't care to read.


I'm not going anywhere.
I hope no one else does either.

=Z=


Thank the lord! It was an honor to meet you this year. I look forward to next year.

shockzilla
01-01-2008, 07:42 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"Webby" wrote:


I think we all need a good laugh.
It was a rough season.


I still think you cheated in the FF final.
I can't figure out how, but you must have.

He's finally gotten revenge for We Are DEVO kicking his ass last year!

;D ;D ;D ;D

Zeus
01-01-2008, 07:44 PM
"marstc09" wrote:


Thank the lord! It was an honor to meet you this year. I look forward to next year.


I don't know about honor, but I enjoy meeting all the cool people who come to the games.

=Z=

marstc09
01-01-2008, 07:49 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


Thank the lord! It was an honor to meet you this year. I look forward to next year.


I don't know about honor, but I enjoy meeting all the cool people who come to the games.

=Z=


Well when you live deep in the heart of Wisconsin meeting any Viking fan is a honor

BadlandsVikings
01-02-2008, 10:26 AM
"Zeus" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


Thank the lord! It was an honor to meet you this year. I look forward to next year.


I don't know about honor, but I enjoy meeting all the cool people who come to the games.

=Z=


We also need to figure out a way to convince the cool people to come back here

snowinapril
01-02-2008, 10:53 AM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"BadlandsViking" wrote:


"Garland" wrote:


"BadlandsViking" wrote:




Possibly Singer? Is Singer gone? He just had his own recognition thread... What happened?


There are also a few more who are thinking about it.


Hopefully not you to BLV :(


I feel that it might be time

Banish the thought my friend.
Hopefully I haven't offended.
If I have in anyway I apologize.

Truth be told that if everyone who adds any kind of credibility to this site leaves and all we are left with are the guys/gals who just quip one line junk then haven't they won?

When it gets to the point that all we have is that then I guess I to will move on and try to find another site were varied inputs are taken, discussed by all.

Stick around, keep adding your stuff and don't let them win my friend.
;D


You didn't do anything, you have nothing to apologize for. I've made some good friends here and met some cool people, but I'm just not having much fun anymore.



LOL, the honeymoon is over........ with PPO that is.

Remember that first date (getting your user name and logging in), and the courting of the significant other (the newb posts), then came marriage (posting a lot) and BAM...... the polish wore off.

That happens in everything.
Take breaks when need and collect yourself, but there is no need to quit.
JMHO.

BTW, nobody has married PPO have they?

JK

C Mac D
01-02-2008, 10:55 AM
"Zeus" wrote:


It has taken me nearly 45 minutes to write this post, because I'm taking the time to go back, edit, re-write and generally make sure that I'm saying EXACTLY what I want to say.
In my time here on PPO, I've been called an "asshole", a "dickhead", "idiot" and "jackass".
My family has been verbally attacked.
I've been horrified by the homophobic slurs and sickeningly creepy posts directed at some of the female members.



I think I called you a prick once too.

Nice post regardless.

snowinapril
01-02-2008, 11:08 AM
"Zeus" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


I hope nobody leaves.


Quite frankly, as the one who posted the post that prompted Singer to break his final straw, I find the hypocrisy to be stunning.

I am accused of "constantly" (direct word used by Singer) correcting spelling and grammar, but a perusal of my last 500 posts found that I did that just a couple times.
And when I do it - it is in response to gagging on someone's name (a HUGE pet peeve of mine - if you have a hard-to-spell last name, you'll understand) or a poster calling calling someone else an idiot while not showing the basic abilities to form a coherent sentence using skills that SHOULD have been learned in High School.

Meanwhile, a very brief look around finds all SORTS of members, senior, newbie, Viking fan, troll, etc. attacking and reacting and generally violating the "Golden Rule".
It's not just me.
And I won't take the blame.

ANYONE who thinks PPO is a bad place on the Internet should spend a week or two in some of the public USENET forums out there.
You think it's bad if someone tells you your take on Tarvaris Jackson is stupid?
Try dealing with 400 posts in a 2-hour period where every 3rd one calls another member a "***" and, in the end, someone is threatening to come to someone's real world house and beat the crap out of them.
I've been on forums where police were involved because of that kind of kaka del rio.

Pining for the "Good Old Days" is fine and dandy.
However, as with ALL communities, things evolve and change over time.
People move in and out of your neighborhood all the time - maybe someone you don't like moving in would be a cause for you to move - that's just life.
But it is a natural progression - and no amount of stomping and gnashing and wishing will stop that.

If I make a post that calls some Packer troll an idiot, then it's followed up by lots of "Good One Z!"s and "LOL"s.
However, if I make the same post that calls some Viking fan an idiot, that is somehow different - simply because of the chosen team for which that poster roots.

I will NOT apologize or feel bad for taking time to post a post that explains how a "fact" that was posted was wrong.
You all will recognize that as part of my M.O. on this site.
HOWEVER, I find it EXTREMELY frustrating when someone says that I think my "pooh don't stink" or that I never admit that I'm wrong or eat crow, because that is complete poopy.
I call myself out or admit that I'm wrong as much if not more than ANYONE else on this site.
That's because I believe that credibility is gained by doing so.
But people don't remember that - or care to mention it.

Clearly, some have a problem with my posting style.
Oh well.
Either the mods are doing a really crappy job of moderating or there is no general problem with the site administration and myself.
I've never gotten a green dot.
I've only been edited a couple times - and one of those was back in the day before there was a profanity filter.

It has taken me nearly 45 minutes to write this post, because I'm taking the time to go back, edit, re-write and generally make sure that I'm saying EXACTLY what I want to say.
In my time here on PPO, I've been called an "donkey butt", a "dickhead", "idiot" and "j~~~~~~s".
My family has been verbally attacked.
I've been horrified by the homophobic slurs and sickeningly creepy posts directed at some of the female members.


And still I remain and will continue to remain, even after what has been a really tough week for me here.
Why?
Not because of any of the good friends I've made here, nor because of any of the folks I don't think are so great leaving.

I stay because I love the Vikings.
And because I feel that I have much more to contribute to discussions about the Vikings, football, bad jokes, WWYDs, computer help, interview questions and other things that I value about PPO.

If you don't like my style or what I post - then ignore me.
That's why there's a button.
I don't ignore, just as I have never used a kill-file (more USENET stuff for you pre-Web internet dorks like me).
I find it's much easier just to skip past kaka del rio that I don't care to read.


I'm not going anywhere.
I hope no one else does either.

=Z=


Great post!

BTW, I have always found the Purple Jesus to be in the good clean fun category (LMAO about it at times), you probably didn't know that until now.

MaxVike
01-02-2008, 11:20 AM
I am not a senior member...by tenure on this site.

I am, however, a senior member as a fan of the Vikings.
I can tell you that I am extremely pleased that I found a site with so many knowledgeable, thoughtful, passionate Vikings fans...so much so that I invested.
Zeus' style doesn't insult me, in fact, nobody's does.
I look for educated fans with thoughtful opinions about the Vikes and football.
That is what PP.O provides, thanks to all of you.

Now, regarding the "shutting down" of this site, I certainly hope that doesn't happen.
You can rest assured that I will live the Golden Rule.
With respect to "this being a tough time to be a Vikings fan," I completely disagree.
This glass is half full.
Listen to Sirius, listen to players, listen to the NFL Network...this is not a bad time to be a Vikings fan; I've been one since I can remember, I'm 45 years old, I can assure you I don't subscribe to the "tough time" theory.

I will make it to a game in Minneapple or somewhere else this year and seek PP.Oers out.

Welcome newbies, in the words of Adam Schein on Sirius NFL Radio - "BRING IT."

SKOL Vikings!

vikingivan
01-02-2008, 11:43 AM
"Zeus" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


I hope nobody leaves.


Quite frankly, as the one who posted the post that prompted Singer to break his final straw, I find the hypocrisy to be stunning.

I am accused of "constantly" (direct word used by Singer) correcting spelling and grammar, but a perusal of my last 500 posts found that I did that just a couple times.
And when I do it - it is in response to gagging on someone's name (a HUGE pet peeve of mine - if you have a hard-to-spell last name, you'll understand) or a poster calling calling someone else an idiot while not showing the basic abilities to form a coherent sentence using skills that SHOULD have been learned in High School.

Meanwhile, a very brief look around finds all SORTS of members, senior, newbie, Viking fan, troll, etc. attacking and reacting and generally violating the "Golden Rule".
It's not just me.
And I won't take the blame.

ANYONE who thinks PPO is a bad place on the Internet should spend a week or two in some of the public USENET forums out there.
You think it's bad if someone tells you your take on Tarvaris Jackson is stupid?
Try dealing with 400 posts in a 2-hour period where every 3rd one calls another member a "***" and, in the end, someone is threatening to come to someone's real world house and beat the crap out of them.
I've been on forums where police were involved because of that kind of kaka del rio.

Pining for the "Good Old Days" is fine and dandy.
However, as with ALL communities, things evolve and change over time.
People move in and out of your neighborhood all the time - maybe someone you don't like moving in would be a cause for you to move - that's just life.
But it is a natural progression - and no amount of stomping and gnashing and wishing will stop that.

If I make a post that calls some Packer troll an idiot, then it's followed up by lots of "Good One Z!"s and "LOL"s.
However, if I make the same post that calls some Viking fan an idiot, that is somehow different - simply because of the chosen team for which that poster roots.

I will NOT apologize or feel bad for taking time to post a post that explains how a "fact" that was posted was wrong.
You all will recognize that as part of my M.O. on this site.
HOWEVER, I find it EXTREMELY frustrating when someone says that I think my "pooh don't stink" or that I never admit that I'm wrong or eat crow, because that is complete poopy.
I call myself out or admit that I'm wrong as much if not more than ANYONE else on this site.
That's because I believe that credibility is gained by doing so.
But people don't remember that - or care to mention it.

Clearly, some have a problem with my posting style.
Oh well.
Either the mods are doing a really crappy job of moderating or there is no general problem with the site administration and myself.
I've never gotten a green dot.
I've only been edited a couple times - and one of those was back in the day before there was a profanity filter.

It has taken me nearly 45 minutes to write this post, because I'm taking the time to go back, edit, re-write and generally make sure that I'm saying EXACTLY what I want to say.
In my time here on PPO, I've been called an "donkey butt", a "dickhead", "idiot" and "j~~~~~~s".
My family has been verbally attacked.
I've been horrified by the homophobic slurs and sickeningly creepy posts directed at some of the female members.


And still I remain and will continue to remain, even after what has been a really tough week for me here.
Why?
Not because of any of the good friends I've made here, nor because of any of the folks I don't think are so great leaving.

I stay because I love the Vikings.
And because I feel that I have much more to contribute to discussions about the Vikings, football, bad jokes, WWYDs, computer help, interview questions and other things that I value about PPO.

If you don't like my style or what I post - then ignore me.
That's why there's a button.
I don't ignore, just as I have never used a kill-file (more USENET stuff for you pre-Web internet dorks like me).
I find it's much easier just to skip past kaka del rio that I don't care to read.


I'm not going anywhere.
I hope no one else does either.

=Z=


Z, you have a great passion for the Purple.
You have strong opinions, and that is also great.
This is a public forum with many different types of fans.
They all have their opinions and are free to express them.
That is what makes this site great.
I was fortunate to meet you, Sno, Webby, and others at the tailgate party before the Chargers game.
I thought you were all great fans with the same love for the purple that I have.
I hope to attend more often next season.
I can not understand how you would have offended Singer.
He has been to many tailgate parties that you attended.
Have a great 2008!
Anyway, I look forward to seeing you at some more tailgate parties next season.

Ltrey33
01-02-2008, 12:32 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


Thank the lord! It was an honor to meet you this year. I look forward to next year.


I don't know about honor, but I enjoy meeting all the cool people who come to the games.

=Z=


We also need to figure out a way to convince the cool people to come back here


I disagree.

If they don't want to stick around, roll with the punches and continue to contribute then it's not our job to run after them.

The fact is, we have some very good new posters and I think it's time to look at them and appreciate their input rather than pining for the old favorites to come back.

Besides, not everyone has left because they are tired of the tone of the site. I know for one that several of those people have had personal issues or changes in their life like getting married or having health problems that have taken their attention away from the board.

BadlandsVikings
01-02-2008, 03:00 PM
"Ltrey" wrote:


"BadlandsViking" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


Thank the lord! It was an honor to meet you this year. I look forward to next year.


I don't know about honor, but I enjoy meeting all the cool people who come to the games.

=Z=


We also need to figure out a way to convince the cool people to come back here


I disagree.

If they don't want to stick around, roll with the punches and continue to contribute then it's not our job to run after them.

The fact is, we have some very good new posters and I think it's time to look at them and appreciate their input rather than pining for the old favorites to come back.

Besides, not everyone has left because they are tired of the tone of the site. I know for one that several of those people have had personal issues or changes in their life like getting married or having health problems that have taken their attention away from the board.


BLAME THE SIGNIFICANT OTHERS!!!
:D

Prophet
01-10-2008, 10:16 AM
I haven't been on the boards much because I got busy with other stuff and my wireless went out so I just stopped by occasionally on a different computer.
Nothing very deep.


I was surprised to read this thread and see all the strife.
It appears singer has left, he'll be back someday....it appears to me that he has new wife issues that he'll be dealing with anyway that will take precedence over a forum.

I agree with ultra that some people take things to seriously on here.
Some people come and go and that's just the way it is.
Personally, I don't care if people despise or like me on here.
I'll just be myself.

p.s. Z, you're an ass
8)

ultravikingfan
01-10-2008, 10:23 AM
"Prophet" wrote:


I haven't been on the boards much because I got busy with other stuff and my wireless went out so I just stopped by occasionally on a different computer.
Nothing very deep.


I was surprised to read this thread and see all the strife.
It appears singer has left, he'll be back someday....it appears to me that he has new wife issues that he'll be dealing with anyway that will take precedence over a forum.

I agree with ultra that some people take things to seriously on here.
Some people come and go and that's just the way it is.
Personally, I don't care if people despise or like me on here.
I'll just be myself.

p.s. Z, you're an ass
8)


Some people get under my skin rather easily, but I do not dwell on it long.
People come here to post their opinions and thoughts for others to read.
You cannot expect everybody to be on the same level.
Quite frankly, some of the things people post are hilarious and other times I really enjoy the insight of some.

But, what I enjoy the most is the members that make this the unique site it is.
I know Singer will be back.
Heck, he really just has stopped posting.
He still sneaks in here as a guest and reads.
:o

AngloVike
01-10-2008, 10:25 AM
"Prophet" wrote:


I haven't been on the boards much because I got busy with other stuff and my wireless went out so I just stopped by occasionally on a different computer.
Nothing very deep.



sounds like dodgy character cruising the internet cafes because they know their own home PC is being monitored by Big Brother - just to crank up some paranoia
;D

Prophet
01-10-2008, 10:28 AM
"AngloVike" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


I haven't been on the boards much because I got busy with other stuff and my wireless went out so I just stopped by occasionally on a different computer.
Nothing very deep.



sounds like dodgy character cruising the internet cafes because they know their own home PC is being monitored by Big Brother - just to crank up some paranoia
;D


Yeah, I threw big brother for a loop when I started hanging out at the 'how to befriend a midget' forum.

Marrdro
01-10-2008, 11:54 AM
"Prophet" wrote:


"AngloVike" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


I haven't been on the boards much because I got busy with other stuff and my wireless went out so I just stopped by occasionally on a different computer.
Nothing very deep.



sounds like dodgy character cruising the internet cafes because they know their own home PC is being monitored by Big Brother - just to crank up some paranoia
;D


Yeah, I threw big brother for a loop when I started hanging out at the 'how to befriend a midget' forum.

Good to see you back.

Zeus
01-10-2008, 12:17 PM
"Prophet" wrote:


I haven't been on the boards much because I got busy with other stuff and my wireless went out so I just stopped by occasionally on a different computer.
Nothing very deep.


I was surprised to read this thread and see all the strife.
It appears singer has left, he'll be back someday....it appears to me that he has new wife issues that he'll be dealing with anyway that will take precedence over a forum.

I agree with ultra that some people take things to seriously on here.
Some people come and go and that's just the way it is.
Personally, I don't care if people despise or like me on here.
I'll just be myself.

p.s. Z, you're an ass
8)


And you are one of the finest fake friends I've ever kinda had.

=Z=

AngloVike
01-10-2008, 01:45 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


I haven't been on the boards much because I got busy with other stuff and my wireless went out so I just stopped by occasionally on a different computer.
Nothing very deep.


I was surprised to read this thread and see all the strife.
It appears singer has left, he'll be back someday....it appears to me that he has new wife issues that he'll be dealing with anyway that will take precedence over a forum.

I agree with ultra that some people take things to seriously on here.
Some people come and go and that's just the way it is.
Personally, I don't care if people despise or like me on here.
I'll just be myself.

p.s. Z, you're an jiggly butt
8)


And you are one of the finest fake friends I've ever kinda had.

=Z=


isn't it nice to see two kindred spirits getting along..... makes you almost be glad to be alive

BadlandsVikings
01-10-2008, 04:42 PM
"Prophet" wrote:


"AngloVike" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


I haven't been on the boards much because I got busy with other stuff and my wireless went out so I just stopped by occasionally on a different computer.
Nothing very deep.



sounds like dodgy character cruising the internet cafes because they know their own home PC is being monitored by Big Brother - just to crank up some paranoia
;D


Yeah, I threw big brother for a loop when I started hanging out at the 'how to befriend a midget' forum.


The truth comes out, you haven't been homeschooling your kids, you been harrassing the little people
:D