PDA

View Full Version : Well at least someone/something picked us to win



Slade
10-19-2007, 03:58 PM
This is from ESPN. EA sports has the Vikes over Dallas. A CPU can't be wrong, could it?
;)


http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/simulation/nfl?id=3066593

DustinDupont
10-19-2007, 04:01 PM
i love it, hopefully we can pull it off sunday

vikingivan
10-19-2007, 04:07 PM
"DustinDupont" wrote:


i love it, hopefully we can pull it off sunday


Greenie did not pick us to win on Mike and Mike this morning, but we were one of his "Stone Cold Lead Pipe Locks" to cover the spread.

vikesfaninseattle
10-19-2007, 06:04 PM
...here's one more...

Vikings (+9.5) over COWBOYS

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/071019&sportCat=nfl&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab4pos1

jessejames09
10-19-2007, 06:14 PM
Florio from PFT.com also picked us to win.

No link for you!

http://jude.bloomradio.com/noiseblog/images/soup-nazi.jpg

C Mac D
10-19-2007, 06:28 PM
"vikesfaninseattle" wrote:


...here's one more...

Vikings (+9.5) over COWBOYS

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/071019&sportCat=nfl&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab4pos1


He picked us to cover the spread, not really the same as picking us to win.

davike
10-19-2007, 06:37 PM
Actually the CBS sports experts almost all have us beating them.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks

RK.
10-19-2007, 06:52 PM
9 1/2 pt spread.
That could be worth betting on.

http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_point_spreads.shtml

cajunvike
10-19-2007, 07:07 PM
"Slade" wrote:


This is from ESPN. EA sports has the Vikes over Dallas. A CPU can't be wrong, could it?
;)


http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/simulation/nfl?id=3066593

If TJack could get through the game with NO turnovers, I would be ECSTATIC!!!

PurpleGator
10-19-2007, 07:20 PM
If we won our season would be turned around.

DustinDupont
10-20-2007, 01:30 PM
"PurpleGator" wrote:


If we won our season would be turned around.



that is so true and we wouldnt have to worry for any blackouts either, so lets just pray

davike
10-20-2007, 01:49 PM
"Slade" wrote:


This is from ESPN. EA sports has the Vikes over Dallas. A CPU can't be wrong, could it?
;)


http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/simulation/nfl?id=3066593


I think its funny how they always seem to give Kleiny a couple receptions or more.....plus a TD!! When was the last time Kleiny got more then one reception in a game....or even just one. Muchless a TD....wasn't it back in the Culpepper days when he got in the endzone last?

LongtimeVikesfan
10-20-2007, 03:05 PM
Mike Golic also picked the Vikes to win this week. He also picked them over Chicago last week. He's a smart man. :)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent

V-Unit
10-20-2007, 04:20 PM
"LongtimeVikesfan" wrote:


Mike Golic also picked the Vikes to win this week. He also picked them over Chicago last week. He's a smart man. :)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent


LMAO. Golic has the worst prediction percentage of all the ESPN analysts.

davike
10-20-2007, 04:54 PM
"LongtimeVikesfan" wrote:


Mike Golic also picked the Vikes to win this week. He also picked them over Chicago last week. He's a smart man. :)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent


Golic has always been a Vikings dude, he usually gives them the benifit of the doubt. He will pick the Vikes when almost no one else will. He must be a Vikings fan.

so-cal vike
10-20-2007, 06:01 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:


If TJack could get through the game with NO turnovers, I would be ECSTATIC!!!


Agreed, no turnovers is key but, I'd like to see a few more completions from Jackson.
15 at least would be nice.



BTW, I also picked us to win this week.
Of course, I always pick us to win during the season.

carta4eva
10-20-2007, 06:04 PM
"davike" wrote:


Actually the CBS sports experts almost all have us beating them.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks


they actually pick against the spread on that site... but who cares anyways almost all the 'Experts' picked the bears last week, and the cowboys are not 10 points better than us, it's just more fuel to fire the team up and shock the world on National Television, after this game the pundits will be saying, is Minnesota the team to beat in the NFC? quite simply hell yeah

davike
10-20-2007, 06:15 PM
"carta4eva" wrote:


"davike" wrote:


Actually the CBS sports experts almost all have us beating them.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks


they actually pick against the spread on that site... but who cares anyways almost all the 'Experts' picked the bears last week, and the cowboys are not 10 points better than us, it's just more fuel to fire the team up and shock the world on National Television, after this game the pundits will be saying, is Minnesota the team to beat in the NFC? quite simply hell yeah


If our D can stop the big play and put pressure on Romo we should be in good shape to win. But that is a good offense, it will be tough. I want to see some delayed blitzes, and some really good trick plays. We need to keep Romo guessing like the Bills did. One play we dop our DEs into coverage and the next we blitz 6 guys. Mixing Romo up is the key to this game. That and a good dose of CT and AP. Hopefully we will be able to set up a long pass play as well, that will back up the defense and make them respect our passing game just enough for AP to demolish them.

slinkey
10-20-2007, 06:57 PM
thats pretty cool.
Never seen that before.

VikesFanInNC
10-20-2007, 08:13 PM
On Madden they have Kleinsasser listed as the #1 tight end, which is why he gets those stats in the Madden preview.

PurpleGator
10-20-2007, 08:21 PM
"so-cal" wrote:


"cajunvike" wrote:


If TJack could get through the game with NO turnovers, I would be ECSTATIC!!!


Agreed, no turnovers is key but, I'd like to see a few more completions from Jackson.
15 at least would be nice.



BTW, I also picked us to win this week.
Of course, I always pick us to win during the season.


I wouldn't go that far.


Lets see which Viking team shows up.

V-Unit
10-20-2007, 09:09 PM
Lets face it, this game could be exactly like the Patriots last year. I hope we show up, because this is a big test when it comes to improvement. We have not been blown out all year, and I hope it continues.

jargomcfargo
10-21-2007, 12:39 AM
"V" wrote:


Lets face it, this game could be exactly like the Patriots last year. I hope we show up, because this is a big test when it comes to improvement. We have not been blown out all year, and I hope it continues.


We could get crushed on offense and defense in this one and few would be surprised.
But then again, we do have a pretty good defense and the number one rushing offense.
Most think it was all Peterson. But don't you think the line learned they could be dominant as well last week. I mean Chester Taylor had 80 yards.And I don't think the Bears are all that bad on defense.
It should be interesting. And the Vikings have a chance if they get up for the game but stay composed.

Vikes
10-21-2007, 12:47 PM
This is a statement game for us. We are going to BEAT DOWN Dallas. I'm not discounting Dallas. It's time for a nice break out game. Plus I think Minnesota has beat Dallas in the last 5 games.

"MEN WE STAY THE COURSE"