PDA

View Full Version : Vikings' 'O' line played big role in Adrian Peterson's big day

singersp
10-17-2007, 07:25 AM
Minnesota Vikings' 'O' line played big role in Adrian Peterson's big day against Chicago Bears (http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_7197961)

BY DON SEEHOLZER
Pioneer Press
Article Last Updated: 10/17/2007 12:28:56 AM CDT

Nearly lost in the media frenzy over Adrian Peterson's team-record 224-yard rushing day at Chicago was the performance of the offensive line, which played its best game of the season Sunday in the 34-31 victory over the Bears....

PurpleTide
10-17-2007, 07:45 AM
It all starts with controlling the line of scrimmage. It's about time that this line pulls together and helps this offense which ia also starting to show life. Coincedence? I don't think so, this team goes as our o-line goes. Good reading singer thanks.

Marrdro
10-17-2007, 08:00 AM
I've been on this soap box since week 2.
Fix the OL and you fix the KAO.

I'll quite screaming for the OL Coaches head if they can do it again this week against the Cowgirls.

Next guy on the Marrdro chopping block is the DL coach.
Fix the pass rush and we fix the D. ;D

digital420
10-17-2007, 08:18 AM
i was hopin others would see that when AP went left.. there was open holes, and some punishing blocks!!
and on that first TD run.. when he cut right.. i can't remember who it was, but someone just dove in and took out the closest Defender!!

DiGiTaL

V-Unit
10-17-2007, 09:23 AM
Peterson averaged 10 ypc against GB too you know.

Somehow the OL gets more praise for Bevell calling more run plays.

Fact is the OL has been spectacular run blocking the whole time.

Also, in terms of pass blocking they were much improved, but I'm not sure the Bears D is a good test of that. The Cover 2 tries to only rush 4, and with our young QB and subpar receivers, the Bears probably thought they could shut down our pass attack by simply dropping into coverage. They were right.

Don't get me wrong, I think the OL did a good job, but I give much more credit to Bevell and Jackson.

Mr-holland
10-17-2007, 09:28 AM
And Childress
;)