PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Peterson named the NFC Offensive Player of the Week



singersp
10-17-2007, 07:18 AM
Adrian Peterson bags yet another award (http://www.startribune.com/510/story/1488788.html)

Last update: October 16, 2007 – 4:21 PM
startribune.com


Vikings running back Adrian Peterson was named the NFC Offensive Player of the Week today after rushing for 224 yards in Sunday’s victory at Chicago...

PurpleTide
10-17-2007, 07:32 AM
What a total no brainer, he's simply the best second string running back in the league. And with Chester, they form a formidable 1-2 punch that now leads the league in rushing. Adrian will make this whole team play over their heads, and this offense will get it's identity from our power running game.

singersp
10-17-2007, 07:45 AM
Peterson's Big Day (http://www.vikings.com/NewsArticle_petersonrecords101607.aspx)

10/16/2007
By Mike Wobschall, vikings.com


Peterson is the first Vikings rookie to earn NFC Offensive Player of the Week honors since Randy Moss won the award for his performance at Dallas (11/26/98).....

Marrdro
10-17-2007, 10:04 AM
Very nice.
Glad for him.

I for one hope this doesn't mean everyone expects him to go out and do that every game.
:o

How many of you will be ready to string the Chiller up next week if he only gets a mere 100 yds?

Mr-holland
10-17-2007, 10:12 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:


Very nice.
Glad for him.

I for one hope this doesn't mean everyone expects him to go out and do that every game.
:o

How many of you will be ready to string the Chiller up next week if he only gets a mere 100 yds?

well i don't agree Mar, people are amazed by the 224 he made this week, and most of us are happy with 100.
i for one wouldn't blaim Childress if he makes even 60 yards. stuff like that happen.

Marrdro
10-17-2007, 10:23 AM
"Mr-holland" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


Very nice.
Glad for him.

I for one hope this doesn't mean everyone expects him to go out and do that every game.

:o

How many of you will be ready to string the Chiller up next week if he only gets a mere 100 yds?

well i don't agree Mar, people are amazed by the 224 he made this week, and most of us are happy with 100.
i for one wouldn't blaim Childress if he makes even 60 yards. stuff like that happen.

Unfortunately Mr. H I have history on my side.


He has been doing well since the beginning of the season, and yet, everyone was hating on Childress for using him wrong.

Trust me, they will come out of the wood work again.

The Dropper
10-17-2007, 10:49 AM
Adrian Peterson as NFC Offensive Player of the week: if this isn't a no-brainer nothing is.

And I don't think that Pissy Whiner and the Moaners will come back out if AD gets 100 yards as long as we win.

Should we lose, no matter how close the game or how well anyone plays, they will return in full force.

AngloVike
10-17-2007, 11:17 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"Mr-holland" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


Very nice.
Glad for him.

I for one hope this doesn't mean everyone expects him to go out and do that every game.
:o

How many of you will be ready to string the Chiller up next week if he only gets a mere 100 yds?

well i don't agree Mar, people are amazed by the 224 he made this week, and most of us are happy with 100.
i for one wouldn't blaim Childress if he makes even 60 yards. stuff like that happen.

Unfortunately Mr. H I have history on my side.


He has been doing well since the beginning of the season, and yet, everyone was hating on Childress for using him wrong.

Trust me, they will come out of the wood work again.

I think the rub on Childress was that he never used AP when most people felt he could make more of a contribution - for example second half of the GB game. It's not always about how many yards he gains but more what those yards produce.
Somehow I know we won't get player of the week stats every week, even LT doesn't do that, but I know we will get a full game effort from AP each week based on what we've seen so far.

Marrdro
10-17-2007, 11:33 AM
"AngloVike" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"Mr-holland" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


Very nice.
Glad for him.

I for one hope this doesn't mean everyone expects him to go out and do that every game.

:o

How many of you will be ready to string the Chiller up next week if he only gets a mere 100 yds?

well i don't agree Mar, people are amazed by the 224 he made this week, and most of us are happy with 100.
i for one wouldn't blaim Childress if he makes even 60 yards. stuff like that happen.

Unfortunately Mr. H I have history on my side.


He has been doing well since the beginning of the season, and yet, everyone was hating on Childress for using him wrong.

Trust me, they will come out of the wood work again.

I think the rub on Childress was that he never used AP when most people felt he could make more of a contribution - for example second half of the GB game. It's not always about how many yards he gains but more what those yards produce.
Somehow I know we won't get player of the week stats every week, even LT doesn't do that, but I know we will get a full game effort from AP each week based on what we've seen so far.

I'm with ya on that point my friend but a couple of us (Me and Z) kept giving play by play breakdowns and asking were could he have been used more than he was in the GB game with no responses other than they just should have used him more.

IMHO down and distance, clock issues and score drove us to obvious passing vice running situations.
And by the way he was in there on alot of those plays, I think the number was 13 or the 30 plays or something like that in the second half.

Anyway, all a mute/moot point at this stage.
Here's to his continue health.
;D

C Mac D
10-17-2007, 11:54 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"AngloVike" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"Mr-holland" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


Very nice.
Glad for him.

I for one hope this doesn't mean everyone expects him to go out and do that every game.
:o

How many of you will be ready to string the Chiller up next week if he only gets a mere 100 yds?

well i don't agree Mar, people are amazed by the 224 he made this week, and most of us are happy with 100.
i for one wouldn't blaim Childress if he makes even 60 yards. stuff like that happen.

Unfortunately Mr. H I have history on my side.


He has been doing well since the beginning of the season, and yet, everyone was hating on Childress for using him wrong.

Trust me, they will come out of the wood work again.

I think the rub on Childress was that he never used AP when most people felt he could make more of a contribution - for example second half of the GB game. It's not always about how many yards he gains but more what those yards produce.
Somehow I know we won't get player of the week stats every week, even LT doesn't do that, but I know we will get a full game effort from AP each week based on what we've seen so far.

I'm with ya on that point my friend but a couple of us (Me and Z) kept giving play by play breakdowns and asking were could he have been used more than he was in the GB game with no responses other than they just should have used him more.

IMHO down and distance, clock issues and score drove us to obvious passing vice running situations.
And by the way he was in there on alot of those plays, I think the number was 13 or the 30 plays or something like that in the second half.

Anyway, all a mute/moot point at this stage.
Here's to his continue health.
;D


The thing that makes me mad is that he was on pace to easily break 200 against Green Bay...

Marrdro
10-17-2007, 12:02 PM
"C" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"AngloVike" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"Mr-holland" wrote:




Very nice.
Glad for him.

I for one hope this doesn't mean everyone expects him to go out and do that every game.

:o

How many of you will be ready to string the Chiller up next week if he only gets a mere 100 yds?

well i don't agree Mar, people are amazed by the 224 he made this week, and most of us are happy with 100.
i for one wouldn't blaim Childress if he makes even 60 yards. stuff like that happen.

Unfortunately Mr. H I have history on my side.


He has been doing well since the beginning of the season, and yet, everyone was hating on Childress for using him wrong.

Trust me, they will come out of the wood work again.

I think the rub on Childress was that he never used AP when most people felt he could make more of a contribution - for example second half of the GB game. It's not always about how many yards he gains but more what those yards produce.
Somehow I know we won't get player of the week stats every week, even LT doesn't do that, but I know we will get a full game effort from AP each week based on what we've seen so far.

I'm with ya on that point my friend but a couple of us (Me and Z) kept giving play by play breakdowns and asking were could he have been used more than he was in the GB game with no responses other than they just should have used him more.

IMHO down and distance, clock issues and score drove us to obvious passing vice running situations.
And by the way he was in there on alot of those plays, I think the number was 13 or the 30 plays or something like that in the second half.

Anyway, all a mute/moot point at this stage.
Here's to his continue health.

;D


The thing that makes me mad is that he was on pace to easily break 200 against Green Bay...

And I think that is where some of the focus gets lost.


Do we want him to break records or do we want the coaching staff to call plays based on actual game time situations.

It has been hotely contested, however, IMHO, we were taken out of our running game the minute the hated PUKERS sustained a drive that ate up over half of the 3rd quarter.

Again, Moot/mute point now.

Prophet
10-17-2007, 12:42 PM
Some KFFL tidbits about AD


Vikings | Peterson named NFC Offensive Player of the Week
Tue, 16 Oct 2007 13:28:32 -0700

The Minnesota Vikings have announced RB Adrian Peterson has been named the NFC Offensive Player of the Week for his Week 6 performance. He rushed for 224 yards on 20 carries and three touchdowns against the Chicago Bears.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | A. Peterson nominated for Diet Pepsi Rookie of the Week
Tue, 16 Oct 2007 11:45:59 -0700

Doug Miller, of NewOrleansSaints.com, reports Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson has been nominated for the Diet Pepsi Rookie of the Week Award for Week 6. Peterson carried the ball 20 times for 224 yards and three touchdowns in Week 6.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | A. Peterson nominated for FedEx Ground Player of the Week
Tue, 16 Oct 2007 11:28:12 -0700

NFL.com reports Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson has been nominated for the FedEx Ground Player of the Week Award for Week 6. Peterson carried the ball 20 times for 224 yards and three touchdowns in Week 6.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Peterson draws high praise from Sanders
Mon, 15 Oct 2007 15:17:42 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson drew some very high praise from former CB Deion Sanders, who now works as an analyst for the NFL Network, after his big game against the Chicago Bears in Week 6. "He has the vision of a Marshall Faulk, the power of a Terrell Davis, and the speed of an Eric Dickerson," Sanders said. "Let's pray he has the endurance of an Emmitt Smith."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...and my favorite....there's nothing like being mentioned in the same sentence with Billy Cannon and Glyn Milburn.


Vikings | Peterson sets impressive mark for all-purpose yards
Mon, 15 Oct 2007 13:39:14 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson set a rookie record for all-purpose yards with 361 in Week 6. His 361 all-purpose yards also rank third all-time behind Glyn Milburn's 404 and Billy Cannon's 373. Peterson had 224 yards rushing, nine yards receiving and 128 kick return yards.

Marrdro
10-17-2007, 01:17 PM
"Let's pray he has the endurance of an Emmitt Smith."


Been alot of prayin on this site the last couple of days.....

IMHO that is the best one yet.

cajunvike
10-17-2007, 01:24 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"C" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"AngloVike" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:






Very nice.
Glad for him.

I for one hope this doesn't mean everyone expects him to go out and do that every game.

:o

How many of you will be ready to string the Chiller up next week if he only gets a mere 100 yds?

well i don't agree Mar, people are amazed by the 224 he made this week, and most of us are happy with 100.
i for one wouldn't blaim Childress if he makes even 60 yards. stuff like that happen.

Unfortunately Mr. H I have history on my side.


He has been doing well since the beginning of the season, and yet, everyone was hating on Childress for using him wrong.

Trust me, they will come out of the wood work again.

I think the rub on Childress was that he never used AP when most people felt he could make more of a contribution - for example second half of the GB game. It's not always about how many yards he gains but more what those yards produce.
Somehow I know we won't get player of the week stats every week, even LT doesn't do that, but I know we will get a full game effort from AP each week based on what we've seen so far.

I'm with ya on that point my friend but a couple of us (Me and Z) kept giving play by play breakdowns and asking were could he have been used more than he was in the GB game with no responses other than they just should have used him more.

IMHO down and distance, clock issues and score drove us to obvious passing vice running situations.
And by the way he was in there on alot of those plays, I think the number was 13 or the 30 plays or something like that in the second half.

Anyway, all a mute/moot point at this stage.
Here's to his continue health.

;D


The thing that makes me mad is that he was on pace to easily break 200 against Green Bay...

And I think that is where some of the focus gets lost.


Do we want him to break records or do we want the coaching staff to call plays based on actual game time situations.

It has been hotely contested, however, IMHO, we were taken out of our running game the minute the hated PUKERS sustained a drive that ate up over half of the 3rd quarter.

Again, Moot/mute point now.


We want him to break records while he is running called plays based on actual game time situations...and for the Vikes to win after all of this happens!

It's MOOT, BTW...and VERSUS, not vice.

Your friendly neighborhood SPELLING NAZI!!!
;)

DustinDupont
10-17-2007, 01:34 PM
Good for him and i bet its not the last time he gets this reward

Marrdro
10-17-2007, 01:58 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"C" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"AngloVike" wrote:








Very nice.
Glad for him.

I for one hope this doesn't mean everyone expects him to go out and do that every game.

:o

How many of you will be ready to string the Chiller up next week if he only gets a mere 100 yds?

well i don't agree Mar, people are amazed by the 224 he made this week, and most of us are happy with 100.
i for one wouldn't blaim Childress if he makes even 60 yards. stuff like that happen.

Unfortunately Mr. H I have history on my side.


He has been doing well since the beginning of the season, and yet, everyone was hating on Childress for using him wrong.

Trust me, they will come out of the wood work again.

I think the rub on Childress was that he never used AP when most people felt he could make more of a contribution - for example second half of the GB game. It's not always about how many yards he gains but more what those yards produce.
Somehow I know we won't get player of the week stats every week, even LT doesn't do that, but I know we will get a full game effort from AP each week based on what we've seen so far.

I'm with ya on that point my friend but a couple of us (Me and Z) kept giving play by play breakdowns and asking were could he have been used more than he was in the GB game with no responses other than they just should have used him more.

IMHO down and distance, clock issues and score drove us to obvious passing vice running situations.
And by the way he was in there on alot of those plays, I think the number was 13 or the 30 plays or something like that in the second half.

Anyway, all a mute/moot point at this stage.
Here's to his continue health.

;D


The thing that makes me mad is that he was on pace to easily break 200 against Green Bay...

And I think that is where some of the focus gets lost.


Do we want him to break records or do we want the coaching staff to call plays based on actual game time situations.

It has been hotely contested, however, IMHO, we were taken out of our running game the minute the hated PUKERS sustained a drive that ate up over half of the 3rd quarter.

Again, Moot/mute point now.


We want him to break records while he is running called plays based on actual game time situations...and for the Vikes to win after all of this happens!

It's MOOT, BTW...and VERSUS, not vice.

Your friendly neighborhood SPELLING NAZI!!!
;)

Negative,,,,,,

Is mute and verse visa.
;D

mountainviking
10-17-2007, 02:24 PM
First of all, CONGRATS AP!!
Hopefully, the first of many!!

No more crying over spilt milk...looks like they're planning on plenty of AP in the games to come.
During the NFLreplay last night, they had additional insight into this situation.
Apparently, not only did Chilly have a big note on the top of his face shield/playcard that said, "25+ touches for No. 28," they took it a step further and have begun an in-game count of his and Chester's touches to be sure that he gets enough!
Sounds to me like they're taking him pretty seriously at this point, as playmaker, and, even as decoy if the enemy keys on him too much
;D

C Mac D
10-17-2007, 02:30 PM
"mountainviking" wrote:


First of all, CONGRATS AP!!
Hopefully, the first of many!!

No more crying over spilt milk...looks like they're planning on plenty of AP in the games to come.
During the NFLreplay last night, they had additional insight into this situation.
Apparently, not only did Chilly have a big note on the top of his face shield/playcard that said, "25+ touches for No. 28," they took it a step further and have begun an in-game count of his and Chester's touches to be sure that he gets enough!
Sounds to me like they're taking him pretty seriously at this point, as playmaker, and, even as decoy if the enemy keys on him too much
;D


Carter and Moss in the 90's...

Taylor and Peterson in the new millennium...

Marrdro
10-17-2007, 02:35 PM
"C" wrote:


"mountainviking" wrote:


First of all, CONGRATS AP!!
Hopefully, the first of many!!

No more crying over spilt milk...looks like they're planning on plenty of AP in the games to come.
During the NFLreplay last night, they had additional insight into this situation.
Apparently, not only did Chilly have a big note on the top of his face shield/playcard that said, "25+ touches for No. 28," they took it a step further and have begun an in-game count of his and Chester's touches to be sure that he gets enough!
Sounds to me like they're taking him pretty seriously at this point, as playmaker, and, even as decoy if the enemy keys on him too much
;D


Carter and Moss in the 90's...

Taylor and Peterson in the new millennium...

Don't dream small.

My dreams are TJ/CT/AD/T-will/Rice/B-wade/Shank with Edwards/Robison/McCauley/Griff/Rufus/Greenway, plus whoever we draft next year, as all problem children for our CAPOLOGIST to get resigned in 4 or 5 years.

singersp
10-19-2007, 09:00 PM
He's just received his 3rd award this week. Here's the tally;

NFC Offensive Player of the Week

Diet Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week

http://www.nfl.com/partner/story?id=09000d5d8034ff44&partnerType=rookies
http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=38779.new#new

FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=38917.0