PDA

View Full Version : Cullpepper MVP OVER MANNING

vikez06
11-25-2004, 01:57 PM
i know this isnt really a vikings topic but i had to get this word across..... PEYTON MANNING IS OVERRATED!! have you seen some of his throws.. behind the recievers, wobbly non tight spirals. Almost all of his touchdowns are to WIDE open recievers or short passes with alot of miss tackles for touchdowns... i think Peyton is a great QB... but i mean you could strap toud bouman into that offense and he would have 30 touchdowns..... CULLPEPPER IS THE MVP The media is giving way to much credit to Peyton.... this is just my opinion any one else agree with me???

Eyesore
11-25-2004, 02:29 PM
News flash. Payton will beat out Dawntay for mvp.

Wont even be close.

vikez06
11-25-2004, 02:38 PM
Typical Packer fan.. Your guys are just jeoulous cuz dante is having a better year than Brett...

Eyesore
11-25-2004, 03:10 PM
No way. we'll take Brett over Dawn-tay anyday!!!

CulpepperViking16
11-25-2004, 03:11 PM
Culpepper without a doubt has done exceedingly better than Manning in improving and is ultimately bound to get MVP sometime in his career, probably multiple times, but you have to look at Manning's stats and thanks to his offensive line, he's done very well. just passed the 40 TD marker. I think Manning has a slight edge over Culpepper, unless Culpepper can come up with a few more 5+ TD games (Green Bay and Cardinals, if we play them). Favre has also rebounded from a bad start and deserves the senior citizen MVP. Great job grandpa favre, he he he. Culpepper is my favorite football player in the league, so I'd root for him to get MVP is had a repeat of the 2002 season. :D

cheesefree
11-25-2004, 03:18 PM
"Eyesore" wrote:

No way. we'll take Brett over Dawn-tay anyday!!!

Yeah a mediocre over the hill QB on the verge of retirement rules. :cheers:

Eyesore
11-25-2004, 03:32 PM
Yup

DoyleRulz84
11-25-2004, 05:22 PM
come on im a viking fan and there is no question that manning is the MVP. He is having the best season of any QB ever. this is no contest. Dont get me wrong i think daunte could do the same thing in that offense but mannings numbers are too good.

JWalkRulz84
11-25-2004, 05:34 PM
no way daunte deserves mvp over peyton. thats ridiculous. peyton calls his own plays. dont give me that shit about wobbly passes. he makes a fantastic read every play. he doesnt turn the ball over and he is extremely efficient. im glad we have an NFL scout up there who can determine that every pass has to be a tight spiral. daunte is very talented, but he just doesnt have what peyton has. peyton has a real knowledge for the game and is way smarter than culpepper. he is going to absolutely demolish dan marino's passing record. how can you even come close to justifying daunte over peyton?

Kyle
11-25-2004, 05:46 PM
Peyton Manning : 35 TD, 7 INT, 122.2 Quarterback rating.

Dante Culpepper : 27 TD, 6 INT , 113.8 Quarterback rating.

And cheesefree, how can Favre be mediocore (?sp) when he has 19 TD and 11 INT and is in the top ten NFL quarterback ratings?

dred
11-25-2004, 06:18 PM
6 TDs today with 3 rookies starting on the offensive line. Not bad eh?

That puts him at 41 TD, 7 INT, 126.5 rating for the season.

Caine
11-25-2004, 06:56 PM
I have to admit, Manning is even MY candidate for MVP. He does so much for that Offense - he runs the show, completely. Sure, he's surrounded by quality people (And he may not be in a couple more years due to that HUGE contract of his), but he's the engine that makes it all go.

Culpepper has all the potential to be better than Manning. Better size, speed, and accuracy. He isn't there yet - although he's taken great strides in the last couple years.

Favre has been a stellar quarterback burdened with average to above-average receivers - not a super star among them. Nothing on the level of a Moss or a Harrison. Put Favre in either of those Offenses, and he'd have fantastic nummbers as well.

Bottom line, each is - or will be - a great QB. Each either will be - or has the potential to be - in the Hall of Fame. But, for my money, I'll keep Culpepper. I honestly believe that he has the potential to eclipse both of the others.

Caine

Viking_Spirit
11-25-2004, 07:42 PM
Manning gets the MVP over Daunte....I can't even belive this is a question. Manning is beating Daunte stat-wise, and Manning calls all his own plays in a no-huddle offense.

Manning gets MVP, hands down.

packmanxxxi
11-25-2004, 07:55 PM
Manning is MVP. As a Favre fan, I dont want him to win it, but i think its a given unless he gets hurt...

ItalianStallion
11-25-2004, 07:56 PM
Manning definitely deserves MVP, he is unreal.

BigEasyViking
11-25-2004, 11:32 PM
Yeah, I mean I will agree that Cpepp is having a great year, but Manning is playing like a man possessed! Manning will win it for sure.

vikings_fan66
11-25-2004, 11:35 PM
Manning obviovsly deserves the MVP he is playing amazing.

magicci
11-26-2004, 02:25 AM
you guy's know if moss never got injured cpepp would probaly have more td's than manning if you remember when moss was still in daunte led the nfl in td's

vegasvike
11-26-2004, 05:32 AM
hey let's be real about this I AM DRUNK!!!!!! But I can see that Manning is playing for the record( hey good luck on that Peyt) while DC is trying to get to the superbowl. So would you take the QB who is sayin Fck the team I have a chance to get the all time TD record or the QB who wants a championship? Yeah who's really the MVP? With EJ in the backfield Peyt chooses to throw EVERY possesion amd he is the TEAM MVP?

casper
11-26-2004, 06:17 AM
"Eyesore" wrote:

News flash. Payton will beat out Dawntay for mvp.

Wont even be close.

you are an EYESORE for saying something like that MANNING can't even dance...

RK.
11-26-2004, 12:27 PM
For CPep to be MVP this year he will have to really put on a show with Moss these last 5 games. Of course then you have to ask is it CPep or Moss that is the MVP. At this point Manning has the edge. Personally I would be happy with Manning MVP and CPep as Super Bowl MVP and winner. ;)

daredevil25
11-26-2004, 01:11 PM
Peyton shared the MVP w/ 29 TDs last season, there's no way he doesn't get it this season. He'd have to go on the worst streak known to mankind to not get the record. Helps that he has the highest QB rating, 4th in completion %, and first in yards. Its not even close this season.

JWalkRulz84
11-26-2004, 03:11 PM
trust me, manning is trying to get to the super bowl as much as any other qb in the NFL. who cares how he wins. this is an undebatable topic and no, there is no way culpepper would have as many touchdowns as manning right now even with moss. culpepper would need 2 moss' to have the same amount of tds as manning. plain and simple. peyton doesnt decide to throw every possession either. look at ej's stats there buddy. he's among the league leaders in rushing yards.

SKOL
11-26-2004, 03:26 PM
Hey J-Walk, this is undebatable too...

http://img92.exs.cx/img92/171/ross.gif

Down by contact :cheers: :lol:

vikez06
11-26-2004, 03:39 PM
Skoll i love your animation of the fumble.. Where did ya get it???
"WHAT A BS CALL"

vikez06
11-26-2004, 03:47 PM
Everyone Express What you think were the first calls in Vikings history...
becuase we got screwed last 2 sundays ago vs the pack

Anyone Remember Walt Colemans Game vs the Packers in 2002
I mean comon Kleinsasser Tackled in mid air and no Penalty called.

~Dallas Hail Mary 1975~

Cowboys WR Drew Pearson was out there, being shadowed by Vikings CB Nate Wright. As the ball came down, Pearson pushed off of Wright and caught the pass, trapping it against his hip at the 5-yard line. As Pearson strode into the end zone, free safety Paul Krause hurdled over Wright, screaming at field judge Armen Terzian for the interference call that was never made. Drew Pearson later admitted to former Viking RB Chuck Foreman (who played in the game) that he did indeed intentionally commit offensive pass interference against Nate Wright.

DemonicViking
11-26-2004, 03:53 PM
Manning will win the MVP and break Marino's record. But might run into trouble come playoff time going against the Steelers or the Pats, specially on the road. Getting to the big show and winning it all is more significant, imo.

SKOL
11-26-2004, 03:59 PM
"vikez06" wrote:

~Dallas Hail Mary 1975~
I remember watching that game as a young'un with my dad. Wasn't that the game that a fan threw a bottle and hit the #$%& ref on the head?

SKOL
11-26-2004, 04:17 PM
Hey vikez06 my office is in White Bear Lake & graduated from White Bear High School.

Eyesore
11-26-2004, 05:13 PM
Kind of a silly question in the first place, eh?

Kinda like, who's more of a threat to national security, North Korea or Madagascar.

purplehorn
11-26-2004, 05:17 PM
"Eyesore" wrote:

Kind of a silly question in the first place, eh?

Kinda like, why am I such an idiot .

Not sure where you came from, but could you please go back :roll:

Eyesore
11-26-2004, 05:24 PM
So your voting for Madasgascar, arent you purpleho

cajunvike
11-26-2004, 08:56 PM
"RK" wrote:

For CPep to be MVP this year he will have to really put on a show with Moss these last 5 games. Of course then you have to ask is it CPep or Moss that is the MVP. At this point Manning has the edge. Personally I would be happy with Manning MVP and CPep as Super Bowl MVP and winner. ;)

Dead on, RK!!! That is exactly how it plays out in my version too!!! Who cares about having the MVP in any given year...all we want is the Super Bowl trophy...and once Moss gets back in form, the Vikings have the potential to win it all...especially if the defense continues to get better as we go along.

Viking_Spirit
11-26-2004, 11:07 PM
"DemonicViking" wrote:

Manning will win the MVP and break Marino's record. But might run into trouble come playoff time going against the Steelers or the Pats, specially on the road. Getting to the big show and winning it all is more significant, imo.
The Colts are going to have alot of trouble on the road in the playoffs. The Colts D is horrendus (the only reason the lions didn't score above 21 points is beacuse they dropped 3 TD's in the first half-they still gave up over 400 yds. to the lowly Detroit offense).......and it's gonna have to catch up to them eventualy. We Viking fans shold know this the most, your offense can only bail you out so much.

DemonicViking
11-26-2004, 11:47 PM
Detroit produced 386 yards of offense. When you win big though, and your opponent only has 9 points to show for it, it don't matter. Indy's D would have to be more consistent in the post season against a team like Pitt or NE. Manning is not gonna just walk in and light it up, they'd need their D to keep them in the game, and I don't know if that'll happen.

casper
11-27-2004, 05:09 AM
Ok there is alot of good point's made about manning todate but he still can't dance and there is always but always injury looming over everyones helmet so maybe we should wait until the end of the year... :roll:

SKOL :wav: your's flick on the fumble is the best :wink: by the way of all the what if's :arrow: the FACT the ref's at the puker game SUCKED....

and Eyesor :snorting: .. madagascar is a beautifull place with wonderfull people...go back to Iraq or afganistan or where ever you came out of the DARK ages from :pottytrain5: because you sure don't know squat about American football or current events :pottytrain2:

ultravikingfan
11-27-2004, 06:50 AM
As much as a love Pep and the Viks, I have to be honest here. Manning is about to destroy Marino's record. His record is 20 years old. His team is 8-3. Now, Pep is having a great year, even without Moss. I would have to put both of our Defenses in the same catagory: crap. So, I would go with Manning for MVP (no doubt about it). I think Manning and the Colts have to best chance winning a Super Bowl this year with a terrible D(but lead the league in turnover ratio). But, I will take a Vik's Super Bowl anyday over the MVP. Garnett's MVP was nice, but lost to the Lakers. Santana won the CY Young, but lost to the Yankess. Pep no MVP, but wins Super Bowl.....nice!

purplehorn
11-27-2004, 09:55 AM
Tom Brady is a much more complete QB than
Manning will ever be.

Manning has a great O line and some of
the best recievers in the league, put him
with San Fran and he would not do squat.

silvermane
11-27-2004, 11:14 AM
"vikez06" wrote:

i know this isnt really a vikings topic but i had to get this word across..... PEYTON MANNING IS OVERRATED!! have you seen some of his throws.. behind the recievers, wobbly non tight spirals. Almost all of his touchdowns are to WIDE open recievers or short passes with alot of miss tackles for touchdowns... i think Peyton is a great QB... but i mean you could strap toud bouman into that offense and he would have 30 touchdowns..... CULLPEPPER IS THE MVP The media is giving way to much credit to Peyton.... this is just my opinion any one else agree with me???

i think its the other way around. manning is what drives that offense and makes it great. aside from harrison none of those receivers are really elite. wayne has only emerged because peyton continues to improve and spread the ball around, same for stokely he wasn't anything special with the ravens. manning is a smart qb and that allows the colts to do a lot of different things and run plays some other teams can't even with the talent. the timing of the colts offense is down to near perfection and most of it is because of how sharp manning is. the running game has always helped too of course....the colts do a lot of play action.

i'm not taking anything away from daunte, he has been forced to adjust to not having moss and still looks very sharp. i would like to see how manning does without harrison on the field.

ItalianStallion
11-27-2004, 11:34 AM
Why do people always say Brady is better than Manning? There is no comparison. Brady has composure, but he doesn't drive the team in the same way that Manning does. Brady has ALWAYS had a great defense and offensive line. I agree his receivers are average and he hasn't had much of a running game up until this year, but come on, he hasn't exactly been amazing individually.

Viking_Spirit
11-27-2004, 11:51 AM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

Why do people always say Brady is better than Manning? There is no comparison. Brady has composure, but he doesn't drive the team in the same way that Manning does. Brady has ALWAYS had a great defense and offensive line. I agree his receivers are average and he hasn't had much of a running game up until this year, but come on, he hasn't exactly been amazing individually.
I cna't believe people say Brady is better than Manning. Honestly, I think Brady is one of the most over-rated players in the league.

Viking_Spirit
11-27-2004, 11:52 AM
"DemonicViking" wrote:

Detroit produced 386 yards of offense. When you win big though, and your opponent only has 9 points to show for it, it don't matter. Indy's D would have to be more consistent in the post season against a team like Pitt or NE. Manning is not gonna just walk in and light it up, they'd need their D to keep them in the game, and I don't know if that'll happen.
386 yards.....400 yards....close enough lol. My bad on screwing that up.

purplehorn
11-27-2004, 11:54 AM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

Why do people always say Brady is better than Manning? There is no comparison. .

Your right Brady finds a way to win Manning gets frustrated and
starts throwing the rock up for grabs. Until Manning has two rings
in three years I'm saying Tom is the better QB, he reads defenses
his deep ball is on the money. It's not that everyone around him is
great the way he plays makes them look that way.

RK.
11-27-2004, 01:38 PM
The fact that Manning is the hottest QB in the league right now doesn't take anything away from CPep or Brady. They are all great QB's But I don't see how anybody can argue that Manning isn't at the top of the pile right now. Just look at the stats and his QB rating. The guy is doing an awsome job. Geeze 6 TD passes in 3 quarters last week :shock: That is hard to top. I would love to see the Colts and the Vikes in the Super Bowl. What a shoot out that would be. :)

vikez06
11-27-2004, 03:43 PM
I agree with purple horn
You Could strap a young QB into that colts offense and he would do amazing...
ALL OF HIS TOUCHDOWNS ARE WIDE OPEN!!!!

RK.
11-27-2004, 03:56 PM
I agree with purple horn

I disagree with that take. Manning calls his own plays at the line with no huddle based on his ability to read the defense. Thats why guys are open. He calls the plays that puts them there. He is one of the few QB's that can do that with success.

TwolvesZoneCom
11-27-2004, 04:53 PM
I actually think it would probably be close...

-Randy Moss has been out.
-Daunte doesn't have the RB Peyton does
-Daunte doesn't have the Recievers Peyton does
-Daunte uses his legs much better

ItalianStallion
11-27-2004, 05:06 PM
"purplehorn" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

Why do people always say Brady is better than Manning? There is no comparison. .

His two rings are due large in part to the fact he played on the best team in the league. Has Manning ever had a defense? Manning does not get frustrated and just throw the ball up for grabs, I don't know what your talking about. Manning reads defense better than anyone the league and seems to fit the ball wherever he wants to. The point is...without Manning the Colts don't even make the playoffs, without Brady all you need to do is insert someone who won't LOSE the game.

Caine
11-27-2004, 05:14 PM
"RK" wrote:

I agree with purple horn

I disagree with that take. Manning calls his own plays at the line with no huddle based on his ability to read the defense. Thats why guys are open. He calls the plays that puts them there. He is one of the few QB's that can do that with success.

I agree 100%. Manning is a big part of their offensive success. Trent Dilfer wouldn't be as successful there...

Caine

vikez06
11-27-2004, 06:21 PM
I disagree but thats my opinion :salute:

Viking_Spirit
11-27-2004, 06:57 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"purplehorn" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

His two rings are due large in part to the fact he played on the best team in the league. Has Manning ever had a defense? Manning does not get frustrated and just throw the ball up for grabs, I don't know what your talking about. Manning reads defense better than anyone the league and seems to fit the ball wherever he wants to. The point is...without Manning the Colts don't even make the playoffs, without Brady all you need to do is insert someone who won't LOSE the game.
The only reason Brady got those rings is because Vinateri can kick FG's. Brady shouldn't have even got that first Super Bowl MVP...should have been Ty Law, he's the guy who did it for the Pats that game. Brady would be nothing without Belicheck, the Pats D, and Vinateri.

Steamed Turtle
11-27-2004, 08:46 PM
"Caine" wrote:

I have to admit, Manning is even MY candidate for MVP. He does so much for that Offense - he runs the show, completely. Sure, he's surrounded by quality people (And he may not be in a couple more years due to that HUGE contract of his), but he's the engine that makes it all go.

Culpepper has all the potential to be better than Manning. Better size, speed, and accuracy. He isn't there yet - although he's taken great strides in the last couple years.

Favre has been a stellar quarterback burdened with average to above-average receivers - not a super star among them. Nothing on the level of a Moss or a Harrison. Put Favre in either of those Offenses, and he'd have fantastic nummbers as well.

Bottom line, each is - or will be - a great QB. Each either will be - or has the potential to be - in the Hall of Fame. But, for my money, I'll keep Culpepper. I honestly believe that he has the potential to eclipse both of the others.

Caine

Very well said.

Peyton is amazing, he runs the whole show and is a very good athlete and he is so amazing to watch. Peyton exceeds favre and 'pepper. That point about putting Favre in peyton or 'peppers place might very well be true too.

hovan
11-28-2004, 10:07 AM
"vikez06" wrote:

MANNING IS GOOD!!

VKG4LFE
11-28-2004, 10:23 AM
I hate to say it boys, but there is no doubt that Manning is the MVP. I'm the biggest viking fan there is but Manning is doing something that I think only he will touch in the years to come! On pace for 60 TD passes, c'mon that's insane. Manning, barring injury or a mediocre 35 TD pass season, will probably win the next 3 or 4 MVPs! #2 is coming at the end of the season folks!

purplepat
11-29-2004, 11:16 AM
"vikez06" wrote:

Sorry, but you are way off the mark. Maybe the reason that Manning's TDs are to wide open receivers is that he is making the right reads and throwing consistently to the open guy. Daunte is doing much better in reading defenses, but Manning is superior in that category.

Colts will probably eclipse the Vikings single season scoring record of 556 pts. (set in 1998), and Manning will destroy Marino's record of 48 TD passes in a season. Unless the Vikings win the rest of their games and the Colts lose a couple (probably because Manning gets picked off two or three times in each loss), then Manning is your slam-dunk, no doubt MVP. It's only sad to see that such a great season by Daunte will merely be foggy memory in NFL annals because of Manning's record setting season.

Frankly, even with Daunte's stats, Donovan McNabb would give Culpepper a run for the money for MVP, what with only one loss and a victory head-to-head over the Vikings.

Del Rio
11-29-2004, 11:23 AM
Well if MVP truley lived up to most valuable player as in if that player was gone the team would fall apart I wouldn't vote either of the QB's mentioned :D

Maybe Ray Lewis or Vick.

I don't like Vick but if he wasn't there the Falcons would stink it up.
Vikes/Colts have a lot of offensive weapons and a good backup could carry a team.

cajunvike
11-29-2004, 11:23 AM
"purplepat" wrote:

"vikez06" wrote:

Sorry, but you are way off the mark. Maybe the reason that Manning's TDs are to wide open receivers is that he is making the right reads and throwing consistently to the open guy. Daunte is doing much better in reading defenses, but Manning is superior in that category.

Colts will probably eclipse the Vikings single season scoring record of 556 pts. (set in 1998), and Manning will destroy Marino's record of 48 TD passes in a season. Unless the Vikings win the rest of their games and the Colts lose a couple (probably because Manning gets picked off two or three times in each loss), then Manning is your slam-dunk, no doubt MVP. It's only sad to see that such a great season by Daunte will merely be foggy memory in NFL annals because of Manning's record setting season.

Frankly, even with Daunte's stats, Donovan McNabb would give Culpepper a run for the money for MVP, what with only one loss and a victory head-to-head over the Vikings.

If they give it to McCrab, that will be total BULLSHIT!!! If McCrab had to play with a crappy defense like Manning has to deal with, the Iggles wouldn't beat anyone with a decent record (and that includes the Vikes)!

purplepat
11-29-2004, 11:31 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

If they give it to McCrab, that will be total BULLSHIT!!! If McCrab had to play with a crappy defense like Manning has to deal with, the Iggles wouldn't beat anyone with a decent record (and that includes the Vikes)!

No way can McNabb beat out Manning. But really, the Eagles D is only middle of the road this season (ranked #15 presently), and they play in a division with three horrible teams in Dallas, Washington, and New York. I'm just saying in a two way race between Culpepper and McNabb, a lot of times the voters go with the QB whose team has fared the best, and Philly's 10-1 looks a lot better than Minny's 7-4.

CT Viking Man
11-29-2004, 11:56 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=snap/week12/rankings

ESPN this morning goes into how critics saying Manning pads his stats even when the Colts have big leads may have some validity.

As for McNabb and the Eagles, their 10-1 record is mainly attributable to (...l hate to say it....) T.O. I think Culpepper should get the MVP because he hung in there when Moss went down and has lead the Vikes comeback on many occasions, even if they did not win. Perhaps a nice win total to close out the season would boost his MVP stock.

UkViking
11-29-2004, 02:51 PM
Neck and neck between Manning and Pepp and the finish to the season will edge one or the other.Between these two though.

coltsby14
11-30-2004, 08:58 AM
Manning is the Clear cut MVP.
They cheated him last year by sharing it with Mcwheelchair.

Bellpepper may be good...but Manning is great!

Colts...... AFC CHAMPS 2004-2005

Didnt we beat your whole division?

whackthepack
11-30-2004, 09:27 AM
Manning is the MVP at this point of the season and with the season he is having it isn't even close.

Culpepper was ahead of him 5 weeks ago and should have gotten it then, but Manning is on fire and he keeps on this pace he will win it and should.

Culpepper can make a run at him and Manning could fall off and make this a close race!

But if you were giving the award today it is Manning's!

But I would rather have the Vikes win the Superbowl and Culpepper be MVP!

VKG4LFE
11-30-2004, 12:48 PM
I'm sorry guys, but Manning is going to be the MVP this year, without a doubt! Like whackthepack said, I would rather see a superbowl win over one of our guys getting MVP anyways (MVP would be a nice addition though too!!).

Coltsby14, I agree with you about Manning and McNair sharing the MVP, that was a crock of shit!

CT Viking Man
12-01-2004, 06:29 PM
Personal achievements should always come after a Super Bowl win. These awards don't mean a thing when you don't lead your team to a Super Bowl victory.

VKG4LFE
12-01-2004, 06:30 PM
Interesting take CT, but I like it!