PDA

View Full Version : Robinson out 4 weeks! Damn!

enlvikeman
11-23-2004, 10:45 PM
Koren that is...hehehe. Didn't scare anyone did I?

kramer9guy
11-23-2004, 10:48 PM
Not at all...Marcus Robinson is a mediocre receiver at best.

Vikes
11-23-2004, 10:53 PM
"kramer9guy" wrote:

easy he not that bad.

enlvikeman
11-23-2004, 10:54 PM
better then Derrick Alexander

superior230bartime
11-23-2004, 11:09 PM
"kramer9guy" wrote:

Hmm...seems to me I told you guys that before the season started and get ripped on by everyone. Just like I told you guys Hovan was average at best before the start of last season and caused an uproar from everyone.

SKOL
11-23-2004, 11:19 PM
I hate it when you're right inferiorbarfly

snowinapril
11-23-2004, 11:56 PM
"superior230bartime" wrote:

"kramer9guy" wrote:

Hmm...seems to me I told you guys that before the season started and get ripped on by everyone. Just like I told you guys Hovan was average at best before the start of last season and caused an uproar from everyone.

He hasn't gotten ripped here, there have been a few comments but not ripped.

By the way, it will come out soon that he is more hurt than anyone has let on. With Moss out, we will find out that we have been keeping Robinson off of the Injury Report. Last week one of the coaches said that he hasn't been able to jump and plant and turn as of yet, except for this one little comment the word has been mum. He was injured and then questionable and then the next week the first week Moss went out, his name just magically disappeared from the list like he never had an injury.

Just wait and see. Robinson is a decent WR and we don't need to be ripping him. It isn't like the Driver(he's better now) and Freeman of old that had stone hands, dropping balls left and right.

Viking_Spirit
11-24-2004, 12:23 AM
Robinson isn't a great WR, but luckily Burleson has stepped up.

poult
11-24-2004, 12:43 AM
yeah, robinson may have started the year the number 2 WR, but hes a third now. hell id put him fourth if i could place wiggins as the third WR.

UkViking
11-24-2004, 12:55 AM
I think Robinson is a good WR but if he is carrying an injury that would explain why he has not been at his best.Agree about Nate,he has really stepped it up and is looking a fine WR.

vikesfan
11-24-2004, 01:28 AM
Damn enlvikeman, you had me scared with the title of your post! Until I actually see Moss back on the field, we cannot lose another WR.

I may be in the minority here, but I really like Marcus Robinson. I have heard that he's been hurt lately (which seems to be a pretty consistent thing with him) but he has proven this year that he can be great. Remember the Texans game when he had 9 catches for 150 and a TD. I think he's capable of putting up similar numbers when he's healthy. I think what's hurt his production lately besides injuries is that Culpepper uses his checkdowns so well, hitting Wiggins and the RB out of the backfield so often. It cuts down on Robinsons numbers. But when Randy's back, our verticle passing game will once again be dominant, and those are the situations where Robinson will be single covered on every play.

TheAnimal93
11-24-2004, 06:38 AM
u jackass!!!!!! i even read the koren article and you still got me. havent had my coffee yet. oh yea dont drink coffee. oops. but it is early??!
as for 87, he is not great, wont be a hall of famer but he is better than some that we have had. at least he tries and hasnt he drawn the #1 cover guy with moss gone. dont forget the game winning drop and then the game winning catch in OT. that was one of the sweetest passes i have ever seen daunte throw. actually one of the best ever. i didnt join until nov1, so i missed all the good posts on that one.

purplepat
11-24-2004, 06:54 AM
"enlvikeman" wrote:

Considering that the Vikings play the Seahawks in two or three weeks, this is, as Martha Stewart says, "a good thing".

Caine
11-24-2004, 07:01 AM
I see Robinson like the new "Jake Reed". A solid receiver who compliments the #1 guy and keeps Defenses honest.

Fortunately, Burleson has stepped up big this year...I'm really liking him a lot.

I had hopes for Campbell, but he's been under the radar a lot this season. He had some flashes early, but nothing really major in the last few weeks.

I'm really liking Wiggins as well - can't wait until Kleinsasser is back to get that tandem rolling.

Caine

enlvikeman
11-24-2004, 07:48 AM
I think the guy has been playing hurt all year. Just looking at him lately he doesn't seem to have the vertical he usually does. I like him, I hope we keep him around for awhile.

lifelongvike
11-24-2004, 09:13 AM
Crain is dead on. Hope we can get them all healed up for a December run or I guess it would be a December pass.

kramer9guy
11-24-2004, 09:13 AM
OK, calling Marcus Robinson mediocre might be a bit harsh, but he sure hasn't proven himself yet in my eyes. Believe me, I would love to see him have a breakout game but he seems to be constantly injured in one way or another like Derrick Alexander was a few years back. We'll see. On the other hand, Burleson has proven to be everything expected and more. Now if Campbell could only catch a few of those balls he has been dropping he might be able to take it to the next level himself. I wish them all the best.

XTAP59
11-24-2004, 02:14 PM
"enlvikeman" wrote:

I thought Marcus has been out the past two weeks.
At least he hasn't shown up to play......

LOTGK

VikingsTw
11-24-2004, 02:33 PM
"vikesfan" wrote:

Damn enlvikeman, you had me scared with the title of your post! Until I actually see Moss back on the field, we cannot lose another WR.

I may be in the minority here, but I really like Marcus Robinson. I have heard that he's been hurt lately (which seems to be a pretty consistent thing with him) but he has proven this year that he can be great. Remember the Texans game when he had 9 catches for 150 and a TD. I think he's capable of putting up similar numbers when he's healthy. I think what's hurt his production lately besides injuries is that Culpepper uses his checkdowns so well, hitting Wiggins and the RB out of the backfield so often. It cuts down on Robinsons numbers. But when Randy's back, our verticle passing game will once again be dominant, and those are the situations where Robinson will be single covered on every play.

WORD!!!, I think alot of it has to do with his foot, he hasnt looked as fast ever since he came down with that foot sprain or whatever, at least he's on the field.

Damn whoever posted this thread, scured me! :rr:

snowinapril
11-24-2004, 04:22 PM
During the Indy game the announcer was all over him for the route he ran. He angled it wrong. My first thought is that he wasn't at full strength.

Also on the fade in the endzone last week, he didn't get up at all.

hovan
11-24-2004, 10:26 PM

"kramer9guy" wrote:

You stating facts never caused an uproar from the serious fans..only your kind crawling out of the woodwork at the end of the season sparked the verbal fireworks that you recieved

enlvikeman
11-24-2004, 10:31 PM
Amen to that brother!

superior230bartime
11-24-2004, 11:10 PM
"hovan" wrote:

"kramer9guy" wrote:

You stating facts never caused an uproar from the serious fans..only your kind crawling out of the woodwork at the end of the season sparked the verbal fireworks that you recieved

Me stating facts? So, are you finally able to admit that Hovan is average at best?