PDA

View Full Version : It's our division! The other teams get ready to pay the TAX!



Vikes
11-23-2004, 11:52 AM
Minnesota should win outright minus the last game if it's not needed. I think the team understands if they don't make it happen this year Tice is gone. There goes the players coach!

Look at the remaining Packer schedule!
The Packers will lose next Monday and the following Sunday. The Rams will bounce back.

We will beat Jacksonville (Moss will play 25plays)

Also I cannot wait to play Seattle we are going to stomp a mudd hole in them. Remember the ESPN late game 2 years ago? (Moss full strentgh)

We stay the course!!!

SKOL
11-23-2004, 11:56 AM
The Pack will be a factor, although their schedule is definitely tougher. I think they'll beat the Rams at home (but we can always hope they won't).

packmanxxxi
11-23-2004, 12:12 PM
Here is the perfect example of a hopeful purple blinded fan, and a hopeful realistic fan... Skol, thanks for being realistic...

Vikes
11-23-2004, 12:14 PM
"SKOL" wrote:

The Pack will be a factor, although their schedule is definitely tougher. I think they'll beat the Rams at home (but we can always hope they won't).

I agree with you about the Packers. I've watched Brett pull that ESPN theme song (dunna dunna) stuff. But the Packers are overachieving this year and the collapase is near!

You can feel the Viking's starting to switch gears.

Actually out of the 3 games lost. We only got our Horns hand to us once the Giants. The Colts and Packers were a shootout. We need to start winning those shootouts! The sad thing is I hope it nevers comes down to our old ass kickers leg!

The Tax man is coming....

JWalkRulz84
11-23-2004, 03:59 PM
how have the packers been over achieving. you have nothing to back your opinion up. the vikes and packers do not have any leg up on one another. it doesnt matter how you lose the game, you lost the game and thats what matters. the packers have won 5 straight. how do you explain this over achieving. give me a break. can we get some realistic viking fans our here. cajun, where are ya bud?

Del Rio
11-23-2004, 04:13 PM
Well realistically the Vikings have a better chance of winning the division if you compare the upcoming opponents.

We get to play the Jags, Seattle, and the Pack at home. And the Bears, Lions, Skins on the road.

You guys play the Rams, Lions, Jags, Bears @home and then the Eagles and the bad ass Vikings on the road.

Of course this is all opinion and biased to say the least :lol:

Personally I don't think the pack have OVERachieved, but they definately keep finding ways to get it done.

JWalkRulz84
11-23-2004, 04:24 PM
i absolutely agree the vikes have the edge when you look at the schedule. we have some rough games coming up. however, you never know when a teams has ur number on that sunday. granted the vikes can pretty much let things play out by winning their division games, but the vikes usually play 2 or 3 pooper division games a year. they dont always lose all of them, but in a tight division like this, you never know what can happen. they still have to go to chicago and to detroit. i dont think our schedule is an advantage, however yours certainly isnt a cake walk. it will be a fun race to the end.

snowinapril
11-23-2004, 04:41 PM
We have 2 road games with conference foes, they are not guaranteed wins. If we do win the conference games, I would agree that we will hold the trump card at the end of the season.

XTAP59
11-23-2004, 10:15 PM
"Vikes" wrote:

Minnesota should win outright minus the last game if it's not needed. I think the team understands if they don't make it happen this year Tice is gone. There goes the players coach!

Look at the remaining Packer schedule!
The Packers will lose next Monday and the following Sunday. The Rams will bounce back.

We will beat Jacksonville (Moss will play 25plays)

Also I cannot wait to play Seattle we are going to stomp a mudd hole in them. Remember the ESPN late game 2 years ago? (Moss full strentgh)

We stay the course!!!

OK, I'm with ya.

superior230bartime
11-23-2004, 10:28 PM
"SKOL" wrote:

The Pack will be a factor, although their schedule is definitely tougher. I think they'll beat the Rams at home (but we can always hope they won't).

The Packers will also beat Philly this year in Philly. They'll probably have a let down on some other game that they should win but they will definitely win this game.

Vikes
11-23-2004, 10:40 PM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

Here is the perfect example of a hopeful purple blinded fan, and a hopeful realistic fan... Skol, thanks for being realistic...

You watch the collapse and make sure you come back and give me my props!!!! The Tax man is coming and the Packers have a big bill.


MEN WE STAY THE COURSE!!!

SKOL
11-23-2004, 11:44 PM
"superior230bartime" wrote:

"SKOL" wrote:

The Pack will be a factor, although their schedule is definitely tougher. I think they'll beat the Rams at home (but we can always hope they won't).

The Packers will also beat Philly this year in Philly. They'll probably have a let down on some other game that they should win but they will definitely win this game.

Philly is better this year than last... I'm not sure if that's true about the Pack. Philly is clearly the class of the NFC, with the distant followers: Falcons, Vikes, Pack followed by Seattle and St. Louis. There's not a team in the league that would be favored going into Philly, Pack included.

Caine
11-24-2004, 06:54 AM
It would be very possible for the Vikings to win out this year. It would be nice to see - although I doubt it would stop the "You always choke" crowd from blathering on. It would also be possible for us to lose out. After all, remember last year when we lost to Oakland, San Diego, and Arizona?

As for Green Bay, the only team they've beaten with a winning record IS Minnesota - and that was due to the Officials (Sorry, still a sore point with me, especially when I hear about how the "Pack is on a rampage"). I could see them going 10-6/9-7 if everything goes well for them. Frustratingly, everything seems to go well for them in the latter part of the season year after year...

Favre tends to get hot in the latter part of the year and win games he's supposed to lose. last year, they benefitted from having the weak part of their schedule at the end...this year, they don't. But, I still don't count them out (Although I'd LIKE to). Favre isn't going to the Hall for being a mediocre player - he's still a force, and one that can make things happen.

There's still a lot of Football left, and things can go either way - cliche, but true.

As for the "Packers are Overachieving" comment, I wouldn't say that. As I mentioned above, they've beaten a bunch of losing teams. I thought Houston would beat them, but then they folded.

On PAPER, Minnesota should end up 12-4/11-5 with Green Bay 10-6/9-7. Of course, that same paper says our Defense should dominate, but we've seen that fall flat...

It ain't over 'till it's over. Arizona proved that to us last year.

Caine

gang_green
11-24-2004, 09:51 AM
"Caine" wrote:

As for Green Bay, the only team they've beaten with a winning record IS Minnesota

As for the "Packers are Overachieving" comment, I wouldn't say that. As I mentioned above, they've beaten a bunch of losing teams.


What's your point? How many teams with winning records have the Vikings beaten this year?

casper
11-24-2004, 10:13 AM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

Here is the perfect example of a hopeful purple blinded fan, and a hopeful realistic fan... Skol, thanks for being realistic...

MAXIPAD and superior230bartime #-o where you all been.... :cheese: long time no smack :violent3: hope all is well with you and the little cheese curls :blackeye: but the VIKES are going to take the NFC this year :hello1: you all should just come out of the closet and admit you are viking fans we would NOT :violent1: you for it....

beside you all want to be on the winning team right :wink:

cajunvike
11-24-2004, 10:19 AM
"gang_green" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:

As for Green Bay, the only team they've beaten with a winning record IS Minnesota

As for the "Packers are Overachieving" comment, I wouldn't say that. As I mentioned above, they've beaten a bunch of losing teams.


What's your point? How many teams with winning records have the Vikings beaten this year?

Seems simple to me, dipsh*t...The Packers aren't overachieving because every team that they beat, they were expected to beat (including the Vikings)...he wasn't dissing the Pack with that comment, only analyzing the statement made by many in the media as well as many on this board.

So stop trying to read Pack bashing into everything, dumbass...Where the F*CK have you been hiding anyway, troll?

dart18
11-24-2004, 11:32 AM
thats a lot of little face guys in one post. I dont see the vikes running the table nor the pack. I think we will win in the dome against the pack and we will BOTH finish at 10-6 with us getting the go due to conference record. 10-6 will be enought for both of us to get in and i would truly love to see GB @ mn in round one, i can only imagine the price of those tickets. But we all speculate and none of it matters because we dont play the game

superior230bartime
11-24-2004, 11:41 AM
"SKOL" wrote:

"superior230bartime" wrote:

"SKOL" wrote:

The Pack will be a factor, although their schedule is definitely tougher. I think they'll beat the Rams at home (but we can always hope they won't).

The Packers will also beat Philly this year in Philly. They'll probably have a let down on some other game that they should win but they will definitely win this game.

Philly is better this year than last... I'm not sure if that's true about the Pack. Philly is clearly the class of the NFC, with the distant followers: Falcons, Vikes, Pack followed by Seattle and St. Louis. There's not a team in the league that would be favored going into Philly, Pack included.

I never said they would be favored to win. I know that won't happen. I said they will win which will just make my prediciton more bold of one when it happens.

gang_green
11-24-2004, 11:51 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:


Seems simple to me, dipsh*t...The Packers aren't overachieving because every team that they beat, they were expected to beat (including the Vikings)...he wasn't dissing the Pack with that comment, only analyzing the statement made by many in the media as well as many on this board.

So stop trying to read Pack bashing into everything, dumbass...Where the F*CK have you been hiding anyway, troll?

I was asking a serious question....I wanted to know how he was justifying that the Vikings should finish 1-2 games above the Packers on paper.

I have no idea why you had to open your yap cajun, but I haven't been hiding anywhere. I sit around and listen to whining, crying, and packer bashing from delusional Vikings fans all day at work. With them, it's all in good fun, but why would I spend my nights here doing the same. Also....unlike you, I have a life outside of this website. Isn't it about time for you to go try hitting on some of the purplepride ladies again?

SKOL
11-24-2004, 11:54 AM
"gang_green" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:

As for Green Bay, the only team they've beaten with a winning record IS Minnesota

As for the "Packers are Overachieving" comment, I wouldn't say that. As I mentioned above, they've beaten a bunch of losing teams.


What's your point? How many teams with winning records have the Vikings beaten this year?

Gangrene, I think Caine was responding to some Packer blather on another thread about the Vikes not beating a team with a winning record. Do you guys have your own board? :roll:

Hey - and welcome back Casper. Nice to see ya back "in town".

casper
11-24-2004, 12:01 PM
"SKOL" wrote:

"gang_green" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:

As for Green Bay, the only team they've beaten with a winning record IS Minnesota

As for the "Packers are Overachieving" comment, I wouldn't say that. As I mentioned above, they've beaten a bunch of losing teams.


What's your point? How many teams with winning records have the Vikings beaten this year?

Gangrene, I think Caine was responding to some Packer blather on another thread about the Vikes not beating a team with a winning record. Do you guys have your own board? :roll:

Hey - and welcome back Casper. Nice to see ya back "in town".

grangreen take Maxipad with ya...Thanks SKOL you da MAN "Semper Fi"

cajunvike
11-24-2004, 12:28 PM
"gang_green" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:


Seems simple to me, dipsh*t...The Packers aren't overachieving because every team that they beat, they were expected to beat (including the Vikings)...he wasn't dissing the Pack with that comment, only analyzing the statement made by many in the media as well as many on this board.

So stop trying to read Pack bashing into everything, dumbass...Where the F*CK have you been hiding anyway, troll?

I was asking a serious question....I wanted to know how he was justifying that the Vikings should finish 1-2 games above the Packers on paper.

I have no idea why you had to open your yap cajun, but I haven't been hiding anywhere. I sit around and listen to whining, crying, and packer bashing from delusional Vikings fans all day at work. With them, it's all in good fun, but why would I spend my nights here doing the same. Also....unlike you, I have a life outside of this website. Isn't it about time for you to go try hitting on some of the purplepride ladies again?

If you want to get into a spitting contest, I am sure that my life is plenty full enough (what with a full-time career, a fiancee, and several real estate ventures to take care of on the side). Don't judge how I spend my time solely based on the number of posts that I have here (this is the only place that I post to, BTW)...unlike you, I don't "sit around and listen to whining, crying and bashing" of my favorite team...I come here to actually participate in any and all discussions about my favorite team (hence the large number of posts). As for "hitting" on the purplepride ladies, I am sure that they are far superior to any Pukerskanks that you could scare up on your Puker boards (and I certainly hope that you post on at least one Puker board (in addition to this VIKING board), otherwise that makes you even more pathetic than you seem to believe that I am).

In short, you are on a VIKING board, and you attacked one of my fellow Viking fans...and even though I am sure that Caine can totally defend his position against the likes of you, I am going to say what I feel like saying when I want to say it...Caine's post was very well thought out and wasn't a totally positive diatribe about how the Vikings are so great and how the Packers suck...he was making a fairly honest assessment of the prospects for the remainder of the Vikings' season...you chose to take his words out of context (literally posting only portions of his statements) to twist his words into what you wanted them to say...I strenuously object to this because Caine obviously put alot of thought into his post and you tried to nitpick it to death. I will stop here, but only because I am sure that Caine will have more to say on his own about this.

SKOL
11-24-2004, 01:31 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"gangrene" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:


stop trying to read Pack bashing into everything,

I sit around whining, crying, and bashing packer
I spend my nights here doing the same.
Also.... you, have a life outside of this website.

(posting only portions of his statements) to twist his words into what you wanted them to say...
I strenuously object to this

Objection sustained !! That's telling him cajun. :cheers: I'm glad we have a legal mind on this board.

Caine
11-24-2004, 01:54 PM
"gang_green" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:


Seems simple to me, dipsh*t...The Packers aren't overachieving because every team that they beat, they were expected to beat (including the Vikings)...he wasn't dissing the Pack with that comment, only analyzing the statement made by many in the media as well as many on this board.

So stop trying to read Pack bashing into everything, dumbass...Where the F*CK have you been hiding anyway, troll?

I was asking a serious question....I wanted to know how he was justifying that the Vikings should finish 1-2 games above the Packers on paper.

I have no idea why you had to open your yap cajun, but I haven't been hiding anywhere. I sit around and listen to whining, crying, and packer bashing from delusional Vikings fans all day at work. With them, it's all in good fun, but why would I spend my nights here doing the same. Also....unlike you, I have a life outside of this website. Isn't it about time for you to go try hitting on some of the purplepride ladies again?

Thanks for stepping in, guys, but it seems this one has an unreasonable question that he feels only I can answer. Well, I shall endeavor to do so.

Gang-Green.

First of all, try reading the ENTIRE post. Taking statements out of context, then trying to make them a central issue is a petty tactic employed by politicians and news casters (Both of whom are a waste of skin).

As has been pointed out, I wasn't bashing the Packers, I merely pointed out that they hadn't "Over achieved" since they were beating teams they should beat - all of whom, ironically enough - have LOSING records (Except Minnesota, but I covered that issue above). Beating teams you're supposed to is simply "achieving".

However, the next part was how I could justify the Vikings ending with a better record. Simple. Look at the friggin schedules.

The only serious contender Minnesota has left to face is Jacksonville - a team I am fairly confident we can beat. Seattle is on the schedule as well, but I'm not certain that they are really on the same page there, as they've been struggling. I know that you will argue that Green Bay is also on our upcomming list, but I don't consider them a serious threat for several reasons:
We play in the Metrodome
Moss will be back
The Vikes will be pissed after losing to the Officials in Green Bay

Either way, there isn't a game on our remaining schedule that we shouldn't win, and that would have us finishing 12-4 (11-5 in case we get snuck up on by Seattle or Jacksonville).

As for the Packers, they have yet to face Philly, Jacksonville, and Minnesota. Add in the improbable Bears who have a taste for Packer blood, a St. Louis team that's fighting for a play-off spot, and a "hot-n-cold" Detroit team and nothing is certain. However, I figure you'll split your last 6 and finish 9-7 with the jacksonville game being a possible swing game making you 10-6.

Now, if you want to take issue with the above, I'm sorry. Nothing said above is inflamatory, just my "NO BS" assessment of both teams capabilities in relativity to their remaining scheduled games. If you care to debate any of my findings, feel free to do so. I'm sure I can refute any contention you may make.

As for the Viking fans who jumped in on my behalf, "Thanks guys". :thumbleft:

Caine

JWalkRulz84
11-24-2004, 02:02 PM
Its simple, dont come on to someone elses board and start dishing if you can't take it. I and other packer fans learned the hard way and we now engage on CIVILIZED conversations with the viking fans, if you have something insightful to say, do it, if you have personal comments and things that don't pertain to football to say, keep it to yourself...

As for the division, it will be a very tough battle, however, someone stated it will come down to conference record, i disagree. Green Bay has a very good conference record and the only team in the conference i see them losing to is Philly. And thats even a toss up with their run D. The tie breaker will be december 24th UNLESS green bay and minny lose to another division opponent. since green bay won the first meeting and doesnt have division games until the end part of the season, it puts the pressure on the Vikes to win those division games simply because they cannot afford to lose them. its impossible to try and speculate what the future will be like for both these teams. at times they have played like the top teams in the NFC, and other times its looked like they havent deserved to even make the playoffs. and yes i know the packers havent beaten anyone...but the vikes havent played any tougher of a schedule. so, i dont wanna hear about the crappy teams the packers have played. the vikes havent beaten a team with a .500 record this season either. maybe at the time they were .500 or better, but look at their record now...schedules don't dictate who is better.

superior230bartime
11-24-2004, 07:33 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"gang_green" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:


Seems simple to me, dipsh*t...The Packers aren't overachieving because every team that they beat, they were expected to beat (including the Vikings)...he wasn't dissing the Pack with that comment, only analyzing the statement made by many in the media as well as many on this board.

So stop trying to read Pack bashing into everything, dumbass...Where the F*CK have you been hiding anyway, troll?

I was asking a serious question....I wanted to know how he was justifying that the Vikings should finish 1-2 games above the Packers on paper.

I have no idea why you had to open your yap cajun, but I haven't been hiding anywhere. I sit around and listen to whining, crying, and packer bashing from delusional Vikings fans all day at work. With them, it's all in good fun, but why would I spend my nights here doing the same. Also....unlike you, I have a life outside of this website. Isn't it about time for you to go try hitting on some of the purplepride ladies again?

If you want to get into a spitting contest, I am sure that my life is plenty full enough (what with a full-time career, a fiancee, and several real estate ventures to take care of on the side). Don't judge how I spend my time solely based on the number of posts that I have here (this is the only place that I post to, BTW)...unlike you, I don't "sit around and listen to whining, crying and bashing" of my favorite team...I come here to actually participate in any and all discussions about my favorite team (hence the large number of posts). As for "hitting" on the purplepride ladies, I am sure that they are far superior to any Pukerskanks that you could scare up on your Puker boards (and I certainly hope that you post on at least one Puker board (in addition to this VIKING board), otherwise that makes you even more pathetic than you seem to believe that I am).

In short, you are on a VIKING board, and you attacked one of my fellow Viking fans...and even though I am sure that Caine can totally defend his position against the likes of you, I am going to say what I feel like saying when I want to say it...Caine's post was very well thought out and wasn't a totally positive diatribe about how the Vikings are so great and how the Packers suck...he was making a fairly honest assessment of the prospects for the remainder of the Vikings' season...you chose to take his words out of context (literally posting only portions of his statements) to twist his words into what you wanted them to say...I strenuously object to this because Caine obviously put alot of thought into his post and you tried to nitpick it to death. I will stop here, but only because I am sure that Caine will have more to say on his own about this.

Cajun, why is it that the two Packer fans that have mentioned the amount of time you spend on this board have cause you to defend yourself, get pissed, and verbally attack them but when Viking fans mention it, it's all good fun amongst friends? (see http://www.purplepride.org/skol/viewtopic.php?t=5373)

Your initial response to gang green was a hell of a lot more of a verbal attack on someone than his comment was to Caine.

Also, the "Why are you on a Viking board?" comments do not hold any merit around here. I'll say again that this is just as much an anti- Packer board as it is a Viking board and to not expect packer fans to show up to defend their team is ridiculous. Yes, there are packer boards out there. The difference is they don't dedicate half the home page to ripping on the Vikings and the only Viking rips that happen are done by visitors of the board in the forums where it belongs. The webmasters of these boards does not promote Viking hatred and also does not allow personal attacks on other members whether they be Viking fans or Packer fans. If you don't want packer fans to show up here, have Webby change the way the board is run. You'll get a lot less posts from Viking fans then too since a good portion of the members here only post anti- Packer comments. These are mainly the people whose signatures and avatars are both anti-packer rather then pro-Viking. Its obvious to me which team they are more interested in.

My point of this is, that essentially the same thing can be posted by a Packer fan and a Viking fan on here and it will get an entirely different reaction from the members. Take it for what its worth and begin the inevitable personal attack on me since I am a Packer fan.

hovan
11-24-2004, 10:35 PM
"superior230bartime" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"gang_green" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:


Seems simple to me, dipsh*t...The Packers aren't overachieving because every team that they beat, they were expected to beat (including the Vikings)...he wasn't dissing the Pack with that comment, only analyzing the statement made by many in the media as well as many on this board.

So stop trying to read Pack bashing into everything, dumbass...Where the F*CK have you been hiding anyway, troll?

I was asking a serious question....I wanted to know how he was justifying that the Vikings should finish 1-2 games above the Packers on paper.

I have no idea why you had to open your yap cajun, but I haven't been hiding anywhere. I sit around and listen to whining, crying, and packer bashing from delusional Vikings fans all day at work. With them, it's all in good fun, but why would I spend my nights here doing the same. Also....unlike you, I have a life outside of this website. Isn't it about time for you to go try hitting on some of the purplepride ladies again?

If you want to get into a spitting contest, I am sure that my life is plenty full enough (what with a full-time career, a fiancee, and several real estate ventures to take care of on the side). Don't judge how I spend my time solely based on the number of posts that I have here (this is the only place that I post to, BTW)...unlike you, I don't "sit around and listen to whining, crying and bashing" of my favorite team...I come here to actually participate in any and all discussions about my favorite team (hence the large number of posts). As for "hitting" on the purplepride ladies, I am sure that they are far superior to any Pukerskanks that you could scare up on your Puker boards (and I certainly hope that you post on at least one Puker board (in addition to this VIKING board), otherwise that makes you even more pathetic than you seem to believe that I am).

In short, you are on a VIKING board, and you attacked one of my fellow Viking fans...and even though I am sure that Caine can totally defend his position against the likes of you, I am going to say what I feel like saying when I want to say it...Caine's post was very well thought out and wasn't a totally positive diatribe about how the Vikings are so great and how the Packers suck...he was making a fairly honest assessment of the prospects for the remainder of the Vikings' season...you chose to take his words out of context (literally posting only portions of his statements) to twist his words into what you wanted them to say...I strenuously object to this because Caine obviously put alot of thought into his post and you tried to nitpick it to death. I will stop here, but only because I am sure that Caine will have more to say on his own about this.

Cajun, why is it that the two Packer fans that have mentioned the amount of time you spend on this board have cause you to defend yourself, get pissed, and verbally attack them but when Viking fans mention it, it's all good fun amongst friends? (see http://www.purplepride.org/skol/viewtopic.php?t=5373)

Your initial response to gang green was a hell of a lot more of a verbal attack on someone than his comment was to Caine.

Also, the "Why are you on a Viking board?" comments do not hold any merit around here. I'll say again that this is just as much an anti- Packer board as it is a Viking board and to not expect packer fans to show up to defend their team is ridiculous. Yes, there are packer boards out there. The difference is they don't dedicate half the home page to ripping on the Vikings and the only Viking rips that happen are done by visitors of the board in the forums where it belongs. The webmasters of these boards does not promote Viking hatred and also does not allow personal attacks on other members whether they be Viking fans or Packer fans. If you don't want packer fans to show up here, have Webby change the way the board is run. You'll get a lot less posts from Viking fans then too since a good portion of the members here only post anti- Packer comments. These are mainly the people whose signatures and avatars are both anti-packer rather then pro-Viking. Its obvious to me which team they are more interested in.

My point of this is, that essentially the same thing can be posted by a Packer fan and a Viking fan on here and it will get an entirely different reaction from the members. Take it for what its worth and begin the inevitable personal attack on me since I am a Packer fan.

TURN TO THE LIGHT BARTIME, TURN TO THE LIGHT!! SAVE YOUR SELF
http://www.lineage.com/e3_screens/27.jpg

cajunvike
11-24-2004, 11:12 PM
"superior230bartime" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"gang_green" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:


Seems simple to me, dipsh*t...The Packers aren't overachieving because every team that they beat, they were expected to beat (including the Vikings)...he wasn't dissing the Pack with that comment, only analyzing the statement made by many in the media as well as many on this board.

So stop trying to read Pack bashing into everything, dumbass...Where the F*CK have you been hiding anyway, troll?

I was asking a serious question....I wanted to know how he was justifying that the Vikings should finish 1-2 games above the Packers on paper.

I have no idea why you had to open your yap cajun, but I haven't been hiding anywhere. I sit around and listen to whining, crying, and packer bashing from delusional Vikings fans all day at work. With them, it's all in good fun, but why would I spend my nights here doing the same. Also....unlike you, I have a life outside of this website. Isn't it about time for you to go try hitting on some of the purplepride ladies again?

If you want to get into a spitting contest, I am sure that my life is plenty full enough (what with a full-time career, a fiancee, and several real estate ventures to take care of on the side). Don't judge how I spend my time solely based on the number of posts that I have here (this is the only place that I post to, BTW)...unlike you, I don't "sit around and listen to whining, crying and bashing" of my favorite team...I come here to actually participate in any and all discussions about my favorite team (hence the large number of posts). As for "hitting" on the purplepride ladies, I am sure that they are far superior to any Pukerskanks that you could scare up on your Puker boards (and I certainly hope that you post on at least one Puker board (in addition to this VIKING board), otherwise that makes you even more pathetic than you seem to believe that I am).

In short, you are on a VIKING board, and you attacked one of my fellow Viking fans...and even though I am sure that Caine can totally defend his position against the likes of you, I am going to say what I feel like saying when I want to say it...Caine's post was very well thought out and wasn't a totally positive diatribe about how the Vikings are so great and how the Packers suck...he was making a fairly honest assessment of the prospects for the remainder of the Vikings' season...you chose to take his words out of context (literally posting only portions of his statements) to twist his words into what you wanted them to say...I strenuously object to this because Caine obviously put alot of thought into his post and you tried to nitpick it to death. I will stop here, but only because I am sure that Caine will have more to say on his own about this.

Cajun, why is it that the two Packer fans that have mentioned the amount of time you spend on this board have cause you to defend yourself, get pissed, and verbally attack them but when Viking fans mention it, it's all good fun amongst friends? (see http://www.purplepride.org/skol/viewtopic.php?t=5373)

Your initial response to gang green was a hell of a lot more of a verbal attack on someone than his comment was to Caine.

Also, the "Why are you on a Viking board?" comments do not hold any merit around here. I'll say again that this is just as much an anti- Packer board as it is a Viking board and to not expect packer fans to show up to defend their team is ridiculous. Yes, there are packer boards out there. The difference is they don't dedicate half the home page to ripping on the Vikings and the only Viking rips that happen are done by visitors of the board in the forums where it belongs. The webmasters of these boards does not promote Viking hatred and also does not allow personal attacks on other members whether they be Viking fans or Packer fans. If you don't want packer fans to show up here, have Webby change the way the board is run. You'll get a lot less posts from Viking fans then too since a good portion of the members here only post anti- Packer comments. These are mainly the people whose signatures and avatars are both anti-packer rather then pro-Viking. Its obvious to me which team they are more interested in.

My point of this is, that essentially the same thing can be posted by a Packer fan and a Viking fan on here and it will get an entirely different reaction from the members. Take it for what its worth and begin the inevitable personal attack on me since I am a Packer fan.

If you wanna go through all of my posts that respond to Packer trolls and other Packer fans, you will see that I only attack when I see the Packer fans being abusive (in my opinion)...ask JWalk if you don't believe me...he started off a little rough, but I went at him and now we are cool. I have also stated that I don't care if Packer trolls come on this board, because I enjoy sparring with them...I have NEVER advocated that any of those aforementioned Packer trolls be banned...I would rather that all of the Viking fans pound on them with responses until they go away or tone it down (no matter how long it takes). You can keep bashing at us all you want, because I will just dish it back out for as long as you wanna go at it...It is ALL in good fun to me...I won't lose any sleep over any of it because it doesn't affect my life outside of this board. It is my opinion that the reason that we sometimes enjoy Packer bashing is because it spices up the board a little bit, much like the flirting with the female members on a few of the threads...you can't take any of it too seriously because what we say here isn't gonna affect how the two teams play anyway. This board is just an inexpensive (read: no psychiatrist bills) way for us Viking fans to vent our frustrations...we say what we want and then go about our business. If you and your fellow Packer fans are offended by what we say, then either "change the channel" or shoot back (with words, not guns)...like I said, I don't mind a verbal battle on the board, it livens up the banter...I would suggest that the smack be relegated to the forums that are set up for that (e.g., "Trash the Pack" and "Weekly Opponent Smack") as the case applies. Don't get mad, bartime, because I am not all worked up about any of this...but I will strike back if I see something that I don't like no matter who it is directed at...you should do the same.

As far as my post totals being "mentioned", the Viking fans have ribbed me about it in general, but gang_green insinuated that I have no life outside this website, so I answered by letting him know that his assumption was false. As regards the "Why are you on a Viking board?" question, I think that my comments regarding this are more along the lines of "You are on a VIKING board, what did you think that these VIKING fans would say when you bashed their team, etc.?". I surely don't (and wouldn't) go on a Packers board and attack the Packers there, thinking that I could just get away with it. I would expect the same treatment of me there that trolls get coming here. I am not responsible for others that DO go to your boards and do this, but I believe that the smartest Packer posters there can handle any Viking fans that get too abusive. Also, we do a pretty good job of reining in our most out-of-control fans here when they get too abusive of the Pack (but a little smack is not against policy over here...maybe your boards don't allow it at all). The bottom line is that I am not going to attack you here on this response to your post because you are not being abusive...your complaints have some merit...even if I don't totally agree with your position (especially the one about this being an anti-Packer board...one that merits you and others having to come over and defend the Packers' honor...that is a little bit of a stretch, but whatever motivates you to post is OK by me). Personally, if you care that much what us Viking fans say about the Pack on our Viking board, I am flattered that what we say means so much to anyone other than my fellow Viking fans. In closing, my philosophy here is that I dish out whatever I think is deserved in response to a particular post (one reason that I post so much)...if it goes to far, someone will tell me so...if it goes way too far, webby will let me know and I will stop. Otherwise, everything is fair game. No one made me the boss, I am just going with the flow...you should also continue to say whatever you want to here as well (as long as you are willing to accept the consequence...what's the worst that can happen...nothing that should affect your real life anyway).

Lighten up and enjoy it, because once the season is over, we will all be going through football withdrawals!