PDA

View Full Version : leftwich to start?

TheAnimal93
11-22-2004, 09:45 PM
leftwich claims that he will be ready to start sunday vs. the vikes. del rio is using a more "cautious"(yea, right) approach. sounds like he wants to keep that a secret until the last minute.

dart18
11-22-2004, 09:49 PM
i was expecting him to play anyways so oh well

triedandtruevikesfan
11-22-2004, 10:21 PM
He will probably start. He's not a great QB though at least not in my opinion... very mediocre I would call him. Whether he starts or not it shouldn't make that much of a difference. I really really really want to see our D play like the did the second half yesterday. If they can play a whole 60 minutes with that intensity and with our awesome offense its in the bag

cajunvike
11-23-2004, 12:10 AM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

He will probably start. He's not a great QB though at least not in my opinion... very mediocre I would call him. Whether he starts or not it shouldn't make that much of a difference. I really really really want to see our D play like the did the second half yesterday. If they can play a whole 60 minutes with that intensity and with our awesome offense its in the bag

I would have to partially disagree with you concerning Leftwich (even though I don't particularly like him). He is a little better than mediocre, but he is not the comeback kid that the media has made him out to be. Like you though, I just want to see the D shut the Jags down this week and if they have to shut down Leftwich to do it, so much the better.

hawaiianvike21
11-23-2004, 03:34 AM
Dont know whether or not gerrard or leftwich would kill us more. Im thinking leftwich kills us more since hes more experienced and talented so i guess im hoping for gerrard to be playing and not leftwich.

XTAP59
11-23-2004, 10:53 AM
I will be nervous at the end of the game if the score is close. The jags have come from behind in four game I believe to win at the last several minutes.
Hopefully, we will have a huge lead.

LOTGK

ADubya26
11-23-2004, 11:37 AM
I think the game depends on Moss' effectiveness. If he is close to 85% or so, Im going to say that our O will open up a lot more and we'll have an easier game. If he still looks hobbled, we need the D to step up huge and either team will win in a squeaker. However, I look for a lot of Daunte getting his roll on for Sunday's game...ive been missing that!

purplehorn
11-23-2004, 11:50 AM
"hawaiianvike21" wrote:

Dont know whether or not gerrard or leftwich would kill us more. .

Neither has enough to kill our boys

Vikes 28
Jags 10

TheAnimal93
11-23-2004, 09:46 PM
"ADubya26" wrote:

I think the game depends on Moss' effectiveness. If he is close to 85% or so, Im going to say that our O will open up a lot more and we'll have an easier game. If he still looks hobbled, we need the D to step up huge and either team will win in a squeaker. However, I look for a lot of Daunte getting his roll on for Sunday's game...ive been missing that!

man i have been missing that 84 streaking down the sideline then seeing the whole place erupt.

XTAP59
11-23-2004, 09:56 PM
Another thing I've noticed is that Culpepper has not been fumbling as of late.
During the beginning of the season, I would see the stat at least once per game after a Pep fumble that he is the leader in fumbles for current players per game average.
The last 4-5 games, I think he had one which wasn;t really his fault.

Go Daunte.....

VKG4LFE
11-24-2004, 06:54 AM
[quote="XTAP59"]Another thing I've noticed is that Culpepper has not been fumbling as of late. quote]

KNOCK ON WOOD!!

snowinapril
11-24-2004, 10:04 AM
I am not worried about the QB as much as I am of Fred Taylor.

We have not stopped the run the last few weeks. If we concentrate on the run, we will then have to worry about Jimmy Smith. Fred and Jimmy quietly go on week after week and produce. They are not the best at their positions but they are solid.

Smiths last five games rcv yds:
100+ TD
100+
100+ TD

Taylor last five rush yds and rcv yds:
67 71 TD
107 67
9 10 Injured in this game
144 21
103 20

Taylor doesn't score many TDs, he is a long strike TD opportunity back waiting to happen. Keep from giving him the big play and we should be alright. He is not as fast as he was 5 yrs ago. But his avg/carry this season is 4.6 and that is also his career mark(4.6), steady.

hovan
11-24-2004, 10:31 PM
I don't care who starts....VIKINGS ARE GOING TO CRUSH EM!!!

http://www.auntie.com/dustcatchers/vikings/2003draftparty/Mvc-166f.jpg

enlvikeman
11-25-2004, 08:51 AM
Nice pic...got a semi just looking at it!