PDA

View Full Version : LETS GO TEXANS!

ADubya26
11-21-2004, 08:08 PM
I have them in my pool and most importantly, they will put us right back atop the NFC North where we belong! Get em Texans!

VikingsTw
11-21-2004, 08:11 PM
Offical game thread, lets do it texans. BLitz favre all night, put the heat on his a$$.

Carr should have a nice night along with A. Johnson.

poult
11-21-2004, 08:24 PM
theyve got the packers texans game on ABC here, so i guess im watching it. hopefully the texans can come out and put on a good show.

find it odd they are bumping the #1 show on TV (that desperate housewives shit) for a game that would be on ESPN......... but whatever i'll watch it.

VKG4LFE
11-21-2004, 08:25 PM
What you weren't going to watch it otherwise? It's still on ESPN too isn't it?

poult
11-21-2004, 08:27 PM
dont have cable.......... so no i wasnt. i could afford a cable modem or cable tv, the modem is more usefull to me......

VKG4LFE
11-21-2004, 08:27 PM
Oh, well lucky you then!!

VikingsTw
11-21-2004, 08:28 PM
Oh god here it goes, there already all over favre's sack.

snowinapril
11-21-2004, 08:47 PM
missed fg, yeah!

VikingsTw
11-21-2004, 09:00 PM
I would be embarassed, they went for it on 4th didnt get it then favre looks at the reply, like what i do wrong. :drunken:

hawaiianvike21
11-21-2004, 09:01 PM
4th down conversion no good! :lol:

rjkvikings
11-21-2004, 09:16 PM
Anyone else sick of hearing about how great Favre is?

VikingsTw
11-21-2004, 09:18 PM
SUMBICTH the refs are bailling the pack out again that was cleary a INT.

VikingsTw
11-21-2004, 09:20 PM
Well there's three points off a sh*ty call, and yes they are playing with favre's thumb tonight. Not cool, everone knows.

rjkvikings
11-21-2004, 09:20 PM
"vikingstw" wrote:

SUMBICTH the refs are bailling the pack out again that was cleary a INT.I don't think so. He had the ball and then the guy took it away from him when he was on the ground.

poult
11-21-2004, 09:21 PM
"vikingstw" wrote:

SUMBICTH the refs are bailling the pack out again that was cleary a INT.

that was actually a good call.

poult
11-21-2004, 09:26 PM
ha 3 packers ran into eachother and johnson breaks one........

nice

VikingsTw
11-21-2004, 09:30 PM
Maybe i'm sein wrong, i thought coleman had just as much posetion as Driver, OH WELL.

TD TEXANS!!

dan3ski
11-21-2004, 09:33 PM
Texans take 7-3 lead in second qtr.

poult
11-21-2004, 09:48 PM
these announcers are as annoying as i remembered them to be.

NeoVikesTX
11-21-2004, 09:57 PM
10-3 Texans. Go Texans!!! :cheers:

poult
11-21-2004, 10:00 PM
holy shit, some packer got layed out on that kickoff with a minute to go........ just destroyed him.

rjkvikings
11-21-2004, 10:04 PM
13-3 Texans!

poult
11-21-2004, 10:07 PM
ahman green injured worse than thought? saw him going off the field on a cart.

dan3ski
11-21-2004, 10:08 PM
13-3 Texans at the half

rjkvikings
I missed that, but that sucks for the Pack. They better hope it's not to bad.

ItalianStallion
What is wrong with Ahmanm is it serious?

LosAngelis
11-21-2004, 10:09 PM
Thanks a lot, Viking fans. Now the referees are screwing us over this week!

I'm done whining. Until the game is over.

rjkvikings
11-21-2004, 10:11 PM
Your welcome. :thumbleft: You know what they say, what goes around, comes around!

rjkvikings
11-21-2004, 10:35 PM
WTF?! How do you have that many people on the field for a punt return. Oh well, INT instead!

VikingsTw
11-21-2004, 10:35 PM
Glen just made Walker his Biotch, great stuff!

XTAP59
11-21-2004, 10:36 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

Are you kidding?
Johnson streaking down the field gets tripped and stumbles down at the one foot line for a first and goal. The REF calls him out of bounds at the 6 yard. Houston tries to challenge but the ref says it's not a challengable call. Even the ever lovin ESPN packer lovefest trio announcers agreed that it was a bad call.

Houston scored a TD regardless, but a 6 yard TD is harder than a 1 foot TD. Doesn't sound to serious, but look at many teams that don't punch it in. Take the TD away and the Texans would have to settle for a FG try.

Hey, wait a minute, Favre just threw an INT.
Texans ball at their own 15......

XTAP59
11-21-2004, 10:40 PM
Holy cow, A. Johnson just muscled the ball away from a packer defender. Manhandled him. Al harris was schooled. Very physical wide out.

VikingsTw
11-21-2004, 10:44 PM
AJ is cool i really like the guy. Man the texans need some killer instinct, get some points, gets some more cushion.

LosAngelis
11-21-2004, 10:44 PM
"XTAP59" wrote:

"LosAngelis" wrote:

Are you kidding?
Johnson streaking down the field gets tripped and stumbles down at the one foot line for a first and goal. The REF calls him out of bounds at the 6 yard. Houston tries to challenge but the ref says it's not a challengable call. Even the ever lovin ESPN packer lovefest trio announcers agreed that it was a bad call.

Houston scored a TD regardless, but a 6 yard TD is harder than a 1 foot TD. Doesn't sound to serious, but look at many teams that don't punch it in. Take the TD away and the Texans would have to settle for a FG try.

VS the phantom late hit call on Marshall..when the returner had touched his pinkie toe out of bounds and was hit an instant later by Marshall in a totally legal hit?

VS. the two-three clips on the punt return, including the one obviously seen on the punter?

VS the cheap "quarterback wasn't out of the pocket" touchie on Harris, when Carr was already past the line of scrimmage?

Sorry...the 4 yards line vs the one yard line didn't change the results.

poult
11-21-2004, 10:53 PM
what is this vapor trail crap. that graphic is annoying as hell. reminds me of when fox had the NHL and they made it have a glow in the dark pock and a comet tail.

poult
11-21-2004, 11:06 PM
well, that was a hell of a pass favre just tossed for that TD.

rjkvikings
Somebody please explain what was so special about that throw.

VikingsTw
Well Texans offense is just gonna have to learn to score! Nice throw by favre though.

poult
11-21-2004, 11:07 PM
"rjkvikings" wrote:

Somebody please explain what was so special about that throw.

i dont know if it was special, but i thought it was a hell of a toss. right on the money.

VikingsTw
11-21-2004, 11:07 PM
It was specail cause favre threw it, nice throw but QB's do it every week.

rjkvikings
11-21-2004, 11:09 PM
Yeah, it was a nice throw, but the announcers make it sound like no one has ever done that before. If culpepper would have thrown that exact throw to Moss, nobody would make a huge deal about it. They would just look at it as another normal Pepp to Moss TD.

PAvikesfan
11-21-2004, 11:16 PM
Texans lead in forth! hopes they keep it for the win.

poult
11-21-2004, 11:28 PM
well, tied up now. but the thing that really bugged me was theisman and his "id love a fake here" othere announcer was like what????? "yeah, id love a fake here." im not pulling for the pack in the least, but theisman is a frigging idiot. LT should have snapped his neck instead of his leg.

VikingsTw
11-21-2004, 11:37 PM
Can't say enough about that dunta, he's a hell of a CB. He's made alot of plays this game.

PAvikesfan
11-21-2004, 11:52 PM
16-13 pack....that sucks. that Carr is going to be among the elite Qb's by 2006 i think... he is the shining star along with andre johnson on a sub-par team.

poult
11-21-2004, 11:53 PM
hmmm, the second half texans D played like shit....... they deserve to lose when they kept running and getting nowhere too.

good win pack.

Storm
11-21-2004, 11:54 PM
Houston and their female-like quarterback lost. Not surprising with the way Carr played in the second half.

NeoVikesTX
11-22-2004, 12:00 AM
Well Favre and the Packers squeked out a victory by throwing 50 passes. They better hope Ahman Green gets healthy and fast or they are going to be as one-dimensional as a piece of paper.

VikingsTw
11-22-2004, 12:01 AM
Thats sucked, i dont know what the hell was goin on with the offensive cordinator. Lets just be happy he's no our OC.

What i'm tryin to figure out is where was the lucky hail mary's that carr was throwing against us? Oh thats right he got lucky. The packers did a hell of a job wear'n down that texan defense.

GBMiah
11-22-2004, 01:09 AM
"rjkvikings" wrote:

Yeah, it was a nice throw, but the announcers make it sound like no one has ever done that before. If culpepper would have thrown that exact throw to Moss, nobody would make a huge deal about it. They would just look at it as another normal Pepp to Moss TD.

Kinda like when Moss makes a decent normal everyday catch, they blow it up and make sound like the second coming?

cheesefree
11-22-2004, 01:34 AM
Those ESPN announcers and their Favre lovefest got pretty sickening by the second half. You'd think he took his team to four Super Bowls like Terry Bradshaw or something. Hey Joe Theisman, you can kiss Bretts :bootyshake: all you want.

poult
11-22-2004, 02:30 AM
well the packers blitz after game show here mentioned that. they said 5 times was ok but it was actually sickening to hear it 30 times in one game. the reporter they had on the sidelines that didnt hear any of the commentary from ESPN said he can just imagine what it was like. even the local media here doesnt bow down to favre like ESPN does. they have been pretty level headed actually this year.

hawaiianvike21
11-22-2004, 03:37 AM
"cheesefree" wrote:

Those ESPN announcers and their Favre lovefest got pretty sickening by the second half. You'd think he took his team to four Super Bowls like Terry Bradshaw or something. Hey Joe Theisman, you can kiss Bretts :bootyshake: all you want.

Tell me about it man. On one play, theismann was complaining about a hold by the texan defender in which the camera couldnt catch since it was panning away fromt the so called hold. OF course on that play farve finds one of his receivers for a first down and yet theismann is still bitching about it.

Really sickening to hear the same S*** and biased view of farve from his two gay lovers in theismann and madden. NO dis to them but it gets so annoying hearing them constanly talk about farve.

XTAP59
11-22-2004, 09:34 AM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

"XTAP59" wrote:

"LosAngelis" wrote:

Are you kidding?

VS the phantom late hit call on Marshall..when the returner had touched his pinkie toe out of bounds and was hit an instant later by Marshall in a totally legal hit?

VS. the two-three clips on the punt return, including the one obviously seen on the punter?

VS the cheap "quarterback wasn't out of the pocket" touchie on Harris, when Carr was already past the line of scrimmage?

Sorry...the 4 yards line vs the one yard line didn't change the results.

YOU WOULDN'T BE COMPLAINING ABOUT SOME BAD CALLS NOW WOULD YOU? LOL

Sorry, just noticed the caps on.....Wasn't yelling, just merely asking....

XTAP59
11-22-2004, 09:43 AM
Got to say, got to give Longwell credit. That was a pressure kick from 47 yards out with time expiring.
Now you see the reason I'm harping to get a top flight kicker like Nugent in the draft next year.
If it were the Vikes last night, the kick would have been short or we would not even had attempted the kick. Thats the kind of special team weapon I'm talking about.

LosAngelis
11-22-2004, 11:09 AM
"XTAP59" wrote:

YOU WOULDN'T BE COMPLAINING ABOUT SOME BAD CALLS NOW WOULD YOU? LOL

Sorry, just noticed the caps on.....Wasn't yelling, just merely asking....

Hee hee hee...and like you guys, the more I whine and complain, the more we win! :-)

The clipping I'll concede, because the Packers didn't get called for any, either.

snowinapril
11-22-2004, 11:23 AM
Not trying to be mean or unsympathetic to Favre, he is being treated with KID GLOVES by ESPN this year and last year because of his off (and on) field fortitude.

It is better to say LOTS of good about him than not enough. Just saying he deserves some praise and get more because the announcers don't know when enough is enough.

Man, Favre out weighs his bad play with good play more times than not. Lofting INTs and making bad throws here and there then he does a come back to win. He is the luckiest skilled QB of all time. It is his never say die attitude that makes him the QB he is. He has a one tracked mind, "we will score." The only way to keep him from scoring is to get his one track mind to say, "I am getting knocked down, I am getting hit in the pocket, help me up."

There, I just kissed his ass too.

snowinapril
11-22-2004, 11:25 AM
Texans Let Us Down and the Pack keeps twisting the KNIFE :angryfire:

We need to keep winning :sunny:

VKG4LFE
11-22-2004, 11:36 AM
I don't think there was anything spectacular about that throw that Favre made for the TD, but I do think it was a pretty darn good catch! As for the Texans, they laid down in the second half for the packers just as much as the lions did for the Vikes! I don't know what the Texans were thinking trying to run to the middle of the field. I also thought Domanick Davis was a better runner than 3 yards per carry!!

UTVikfan
11-22-2004, 11:38 AM
Madden talking about Favre makes me ill. I really enjoy Madden calling games, and actually, I enjoy, and have for years, watching Favre play other teams. But you put Favre and Madden together, and I am either gonna puke at the lovefest, or turn the sound down.

packmanxxxi
11-22-2004, 04:49 PM
The throw was spectacular, but only looks average because you in MN now have a great passer as well. Watch Manning, Favre, Cullpepper and you will notice they are FAR different than the rest of the league... that throw by any other QB would be a top 5 play of the week everytime...

VKG4LFE
11-23-2004, 02:18 PM
You really think so packman. I don't know. I just think it didn't look as spectacular because there was really no defensive guy there. I know that he led Driver perfectly, but it was really a fingertip catch and there wasn't going to be anyone to knock the ball away. I know I'm biased but earlier in the year when the Vikes played the Saints and Daunte threw that bomb to Moss in the endzone, I thought that was a great throw cuz it dropped right in there and there was pretty tight coverage. The announcers didn't go all Daunte crazy about the pass either like they did about favre. I don't know, I'm just a homer I guess.