PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Minnesota vikings

enlvikeman
11-21-2004, 03:26 PM
May not have the talent for a superbowl run this year however this team has more heart then any Viking team I've ever seen. Gotta give credit where it's due!

XTAP59
11-21-2004, 03:30 PM
"enlvikeman" wrote:

May not have the talent for a superbowl run this year however this team has more heart then any Viking team I've ever seen. Gotta give credit where it's due!

Agreed. the players did not give up.
However, I was concerned and disturbed at the start of the second half when the interviewer said coach Tice did everything the coaches could do for the team and that it was now up to the players to win it.

WTF.....
C'mon Tice. What about your call inside the red zone in the first half on 4th and 1.

Anyway, Vikes win.....

CanuckVike
11-21-2004, 03:38 PM
You are so right about that!....that was BAAAAAAAAAD on 4th and 1. Lucky...and I mean lucky for us, Mary-oochee gave us just as bad a decision when he took the penalty in the 4th!!!

loudog
11-21-2004, 04:22 PM
I liked the idea of going for it on fourth, but I don't agree with the play that was called. It also would have helped if the throw was on target.

ItalianStallion
11-21-2004, 04:47 PM
4th and one should ALWAYS be a run/sneak, unless they are giving us 10 yards cushion or something.

VKG4LFE
11-21-2004, 04:49 PM
"loudog" wrote:

I liked the idea of going for it on fourth, but I don't agree with the play that was called. It also would have helped if the throw was on target.

I agree, I am glad we went for it, but I would have liked a better play call, or I wish Daunte would have run to the side that he threw to. If I remember correctly there was an open lane to run through! Oh well, we got the W!!

enlvikeman
11-24-2004, 07:50 AM
That's right a win is a win. I don't care how ugly it is anymore.

skogs02
11-24-2004, 01:05 PM
the 98 team is way better

SKOL
11-24-2004, 01:12 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

"loudog" wrote:

I agree, I am glad we went for it, but I would have liked a better play call, or I wish Daunte would have run to the side that he threw to. If I remember correctly there was an open lane to run through! Oh well, we got the W!!

Even a roll out with a couple of receivers as options. Have Moe Williams as a lead blocker, if Daunte can't run it in or find a receiver try a shovel pass. I'd take my chances anytime with that play. As it was, a fade pass to the shortest receiver on the team, and a guy who's been dropping balls, just doesn't seem like a high percentage play.

enlvikeman
11-24-2004, 01:16 PM
The 98 team was better....That was something to see.

snowinapril
11-24-2004, 01:47 PM
At home against a crappy offensive team like the Lions, you have to take the FG. We know we can score on a nother drive. It was like saying we were afraid we might not score again.

If you do go for it, Run or fake it and roll out with the TE as an option. I don't think we had any WRs in on that play. It was a TE set????

HarrisonB57
11-25-2004, 01:38 AM
one thing i see different between this team and the 98 team is the o line play. Ours is alright now but is a little dumb(lewinski) and slow(mckinnie). The 98 line had a bunch of pro bowlers and were really dominant. Our current line has its moments where it mauls the opponents on runs and gives daunte a ridiculous amount of time. Others...we will have a bunch of penalties or just crappy blocking. Big Dave is having a hell of a year, though!

Birk is doing as well as he always does, despite a fricken hernia.

And on Marcus, he looks like a playmaker and has the ability to be really good. He does seem to be dogging it on a few plays(like the randy of old). He does well when he goes 100%.

Caine
11-25-2004, 06:35 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

At home against a crappy offensive team like the Lions, you have to take the FG. We know we can score on a nother drive. It was like saying we were afraid we might not score again.

If you do go for it, Run or fake it and roll out with the TE as an option. I don't think we had any WRs in on that play. It was a TE set????

While I am well aware of the rule, "Kick early, go for it late", I liked going for it early. I don;t see the fear you mention, I saw it as a sign that Tice was so confident in our teams ability to score that he was willing to gamble early. It was almost disrespectful towards the Lions to do it.

Of course, I too didn't like the choice of plays, but what's done is done.

We've had some bad breaks this year, losing some key people for the season early to injury, then losing a few more for periods here and there.

Our weakness is still our "D" - old news there. The front 7 simply need to play better.

Caine

enlvikeman
11-25-2004, 08:49 AM
I' have always liked Tice's attitude on 4th and short situations. When you have a high powered offense that's what your supposed to do. I agree also that our D just really needs to step up for us to go anywhere.

dan3ski
11-26-2004, 08:43 AM
Well I guess you never saw the Vikings in the seventies with Alan Page, Carl Eller, Mick Tinglehoff, Fran Tarkenton , Chuck Foreman, and the rest now that was a great team!

casper
11-26-2004, 11:22 AM
"dan3ski" wrote:

Well I guess you never saw the Vikings in the seventies with Alan Page, Carl Eller, Mick Tinglehoff, Fran Tarkenton , Chuck Foreman, and the rest now that was a great team!

now we are posting this was the best group as a team ever 8)