PDA

View Full Version : Recap

ItalianStallion
11-21-2004, 04:05 PM
Well, after all the bitching, whinning and despondency at least we won, which is what counts.

Foreman44
11-21-2004, 04:07 PM
Fu*kin A !

poult
11-21-2004, 04:10 PM
damn right. 6-4.

VikingsTw
11-21-2004, 04:11 PM
6-4, that doesn't look bad, hell of alot better that 5-5.

LosAngelis
11-21-2004, 04:13 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

Well, after all the bitching, whinning and despondency at least we won, which is what counts.

Well, thank goodness you all bitched, whined, and acted all despondenty, because that helped you guys win!

dart18
11-21-2004, 04:16 PM
i knew we played a part in the win!!

XTAP59
11-21-2004, 04:16 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

Well, thank goodness you all bitched, whined, and acted all despondenty, because that helped you guys win!

It always does.
Now you know.....

silvermane
11-21-2004, 04:25 PM
lol...i don't know if its getting easier or harder seeing us lose to the vikes!

enlvikeman
11-21-2004, 04:29 PM
A win is a win...sad though, we could have won the last two.

VKG4LFE
11-21-2004, 05:56 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

Actually, I'll take credit for the win! I switched from my Daunte alternate jersey to my Moss authentic at halftime!! That's how it was done!! Way to go VIKES!!

ItalianStallion
11-21-2004, 06:00 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

If that were true, we would be 16-0, lol

XTAP59
11-21-2004, 06:03 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

"LosAngelis" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

Actually, I'll take credit for the win! I switched from my Daunte alternate jersey to my Moss authentic at halftime!! That's how it was done!! Way to go VIKES!!

I'm laughing right now for I also have those same superstitions about games. If we play at home, I have to have the home Jersey on. If we play away, the away jersey.
If the jersey of the player I'm wearing plays bad, I switch jersies in hopes he plays better....

VKG4LFE
11-21-2004, 06:04 PM
"XTAP59" wrote:

"VKG4LFE" wrote:

"LosAngelis" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

I'm laughing right now for I also have those same superstitions about games. If we play at home, I have to have the home Jersey on. If we play away, the away jersey.
If the jersey of the player I'm wearing plays bad, I switch jersies in hopes he plays better....

It's good to know that I'm not the only one!!

triedandtruevikesfan
11-21-2004, 06:26 PM
LOL... you guys are too funny.

Seriously though. We have a team that can go far... they just need to start the game like they're losing!!! They played with so much passion in the second half... I want to see what can be done with a whole 60 minutes of that intensity!!!

LosAngelis
11-21-2004, 06:30 PM
It didn't hurt that the Lions laid down and got all masochistic on you.

Joey Harrington: Please...whip me more! More...I love it!

Antoine Winfield: Do you remember the safe word?

Joey Harrington: I won't need any safe words. Bring on the piercings!!!

Seriously, I was the one (unbelievably) in the live chat trying to convince the Viking fans the game wasn't over. Few believed me. I just don't have that much faith in the Lions.

Now, IF the Packer lose and you are back in first, does this mean I'll have a week free of whining, wailing, and gnashing of teeth on this forum? :-)

triedandtruevikesfan
11-21-2004, 06:43 PM
I don't think I will ever join the live chat again... the amount of negativity that goes on there is just sickening.

I never once thought that we would lose the game... for one... we seem to light it up in the second half... for two... what kinda fan would I be if I did that? I don't ride the damn bandwagon thanks very much!!!!

silvermane
11-21-2004, 06:55 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

It didn't hurt that the Lions laid down and got all masochistic on you.

Joey Harrington: Please...whip me more! More...I love it!

Antoine Winfield: Do you remember the safe word?

Joey Harrington: I won't need any safe words. Bring on the piercings!!!

Seriously, I was the one (unbelievably) in the live chat trying to convince the Viking fans the game wasn't over. Few believed me. I just don't have that much faith in the Lions.

Now, IF the Packer lose and you are back in first, does this mean I'll have a week free of whining, wailing, and gnashing of teeth on this forum? :-)

well that shouldnt surprise you...harrington did the exact same thing last year against the vikes in the dome. we were down 3 points to the vikes and got the ball back with time to make one more drive...but harrington threw two picks inside of a minute...yes, a minute...that got returned for touchdowns. i guess the bright side is this time it was only one pick and it wasn't returned. that IS improvement, joey!

KansasStateViking
11-21-2004, 07:15 PM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

I don't think I will ever join the live chat again... the amount of negativity that goes on there is just sickening.

I never once thought that we would lose the game... for one... we seem to light it up in the second half... for two... what kinda fan would I be if I did that? I don't ride the damn bandwagon thanks very much!!!!

I agree, but when you don't get the game its the only way to hear what is going on. :santa:

eastcoastvikes
11-21-2004, 07:18 PM
I will be the first to fess up, once the Lions pulled off that safety I thought the Vikes were cooked. I did switch to my Daunte jersey today after the alternate Moss jersey hadnt worked the last three weeks. However, lots of credit to the Lions they played a great 3 quarters, luckily the offense and defense came up big for Minnesota in the fourth quarter and won the game. Maybe now everyone will stop talking about the inevitable Minnesota slide!

cheesefree
11-21-2004, 07:18 PM
What was Mariucci thinking? What a tool :thumbleft:

RK.
11-21-2004, 07:46 PM
But you got to admit that smacking the whiners around is fun and gives you something to do while waiting for the Vikes to pull it together. :D

For me, since there are so few Vike games on the tube here in CA, the Chat is the next best thing while waiting for nfl.com to update their live stats. :tongue: Besides if someone is really irritating just put them on the ignore list and you don't have to read their posts. :thumbright:

TheAnimal93
11-21-2004, 07:50 PM
tice must have had more ass in his teeth at halftime than a feeding pack of hyenas. the adjustments made were awesome. as bad as ej played in the 1st half he played that good in the second. johnstone was off the chain. and WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE FORMER OHIO STATE PLAYER?????????? nice int at the end. the offense good enough to win. special teams....not so much(special)
tnt............that chat room is horrible........you should have seen the jerks come in when the vikes were struggling.....these guys cant be vikes fans. i have never heard so much crap spewed. its ok to bitch, but at least throw some positives in there once in a while.

VikingsTw
11-21-2004, 07:59 PM
I left the chat room after the first quarter because homleed was tear'n it up, i came back during halftime and he was gone although we did have to deal with wulvarine, he slamming that haterade fo shizzle.

By the way LOS i was one of those guys that agreed with you!

TheAnimal93
11-21-2004, 07:59 PM
K STATE......i tried to give a little play by play for you but as soon as slitting throat bandwagon jumpers joined i couldnt concentrate and there was too much lag. i mean the very first time the vikes d gave up a big play 10 to 15 people logged on. whats up with that? if you want to sit and CHEER ON THE VIKES in the chatroom cool, you want to bitch all the time go see your shrink. am i right? i told one person to shut up. i was trying to read, type, and watch the game and come up with some good commentary at the same time and just gave up. so i hope that someone kept u up on the game.
and nay sayers......what you saying now?

TheAnimal93
11-21-2004, 08:02 PM
"vikingstw" wrote:

I left the chat room after the first quarter because homleed was tear'n it up, i came back during halftime and he was gone although we did have to deal with wulvarine, he slamming that haterade fo shizzle.

By the way LOS i was one of those guys that agreed with you!

holmbleed or whatever was the one i told to shutup, lol

XTAP59
11-21-2004, 10:47 PM

We have a "Live Chat" ?
Would you invite me next week please.

XTAP59
11-21-2004, 10:50 PM
"KansasStateViking" wrote:

I agree, but when you don't get the game its the only way to hear what is going on. :santa:

Maybe I can try and focus my webcam on the TV next week and if we went into a chat room with web and cam capabilites, those who can't get the game could watch it.....Don't know if that will work, but I have a super fast cable connection, 4.5mps connect and believe many could view with the cam slowing up. Not for sure though......

vikings_fan66
11-21-2004, 11:00 PM

I agree TNT it drives me nuts.... it starts getting me down

PAvikesfan
11-21-2004, 11:19 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

"LosAngelis" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

no naw! i will take credit for it... i went shirtless redneck style (w/ beer bottles stacked around me) to putting on one of dem nifty embroidered sweatshirts in the 3rd quarter...yeah-ye!

SKOL
11-22-2004, 11:57 AM
"vikings_fan66" wrote:

I agree TNT it drives me nuts.... it starts getting me down

Yeah, it's no fun when there's a couple of idiots doggin the Vikes. It would be good if everyone that uses the chat had to be registered, then use only their registered name, when entering the chat. That way if buck or chubchub want to antagonize, they have to login as themselves instead of "holmeed". At least then we know who they are.

I went in chat for about 10 minutes and just left because of the idiots.

VKG4LFE
11-22-2004, 11:59 AM
I hate stupid people!

purplepat
11-22-2004, 12:09 PM
I was so confident that the Vikings would win yesterday, I bet $100 on a 7 pt. teaser parlay that the Vikings and Colts would win (that means adjusting the spread by 7 pts., making the Vikings a 0.5 pt favorite and the Colts a 1 pt. favorite).

As my wife and I had a prior social engagement, we could only watch the first half and a few minutes of the third quarter at BW3. I left right after the safety, and from what I had seen to that point (especially in regards to the run defense), I was certain that the Vikings goose was cooked and I could kiss my $100 goodbye. I couldn't even find an ESPN radio station in the car to keep up with any scoring updates.

When we reached our destination, I immediately turned on the TV to get an update. I was ecstatic when I saw that the Vikings were ahead! Then, I just had to sweat out the last five minutes of the game to collect my $77 in winnings, and more importantly, a Vikings win in the NFC North.

I'll always take an ugly win over a pretty loss.

VKG4LFE
11-22-2004, 12:12 PM
Congrats on the money!! I just can't bet on the Vikes anymore!!

snowinapril
11-22-2004, 12:31 PM

LOL... you guys are too funny.

Seriously though. We have a team that can go far... they just need to start the game like they're losing!!! They played with so much passion in the second half... I want to see what can be done with a whole 60 minutes of that intensity!!!

That is how we played in the wins earlier in the season.

We abandoned it when Moss got hurt and our D couldn't stop anyone.

Dance with the one that BRUNG YA. Hurry Up Offense. I think it keeps everyone, especially the O-line, on their toes and less penalties.

ItalianStallion
11-22-2004, 12:54 PM
Man, will I be happy to see Moss back. He needs a couple of insane games to catch back up with the likes of Terrell Owens. I wouldn't want him to break his record streak of 1000 yard seasons.

VKG4LFE
11-22-2004, 01:46 PM
I don't see 1000 yards this year for Moss, but I do see some more TDs for him and our offense being opened up a bit in the running game. Teams won't be able to stack the box like they have been! I never realized what his presence in the game meant for us, but it means a lot! Now that I think about it, we have six games left, he would have to average 101 yards a game to reach 1000, it's possible!! That would be a great way to end the year for him, along with a playoff berth!!