PDA

View Full Version : hovan no longer a vike?

TheAnimal93
11-20-2004, 06:26 AM
i read a article in yahoo sports that in the open part of practice this week hovan was relagated to the scout team when the media showed up. rookie spencer johnson who had 8 tackles sunday practiced with the starting squad. anyone see hovan being replaced by this rook? anyone feel that hovan wont be a viking next year? or is this a ploy by tice to get hovan motivated? when is the last time that you need to motivate a professional? isnt that part of be a pro? a self starter, quick learner, yadda yadda yadda.
oh well, maybe we will see more of hovan in the coming weeks

enlvikeman
11-20-2004, 08:14 AM
It's a damn shame that I spent over $200.00 on an official nfl jersey with hovans name on the back and now I can't even wear it.

TheAnimal93
11-20-2004, 08:35 AM
hey vikeman......... i have a ton of jerseys that dont quite cut it. #9 jersey(mcmahon, not kramer),yikes!!!!! (the only vikes jersey i could find back then, went to numerous stores, trust me)and still proud to wear the #80 and #93 but 93 has randle on the back and cant dual purpose use it. and it is a shame bout hovan, cant help but speculate if he likes where he is at.

Caine
11-20-2004, 08:44 AM
Hovan is listed as Injured on the depthj chart on the NFL.com site. I have no idea what the injury may be - if any.

Hovan hasn't shown the same drive, motivation, and desire he displayed two years ago. If something doesn't turn around - and soon - I wouldn't at all be shocked if he wan't on the roster next year.

Hovan's lack of production can't be blamed on the D-Line itself. The Vikes have added significant talent there. Williams and Udeze have bolstered that line - although Udeze has a way to go before he's as good as advertised.

As for Hovan, I really wish he was what he was 2 years ago. Reminded me of Randall. Time will tell, cuz the Vike's site isn't saying anything.

Caine

enlvikeman
11-20-2004, 08:46 AM
I heard something about he and EJ Henderson having the flu.

I also heard something about him having a vaginal infection. I could be wrong though.

snowinapril
11-20-2004, 09:22 AM
"enlvikeman" wrote:

It's a damn shame that I spent over $200.00 on an official nfl jersey with hovans name on the back and now I can't even wear it.

Stitch your own name on it???

snowinapril
11-20-2004, 09:32 AM
Hovan might do better on a team that does a lot more stunts.

He is not a gap filler. You are not going to see him bull through 2 - 300 pounds guy and get a sack.

XTAP59
11-20-2004, 11:18 AM
"vikes can do" wrote:

i read a article in yahoo sports that in the open part of practice this week hovan was relagated to the scout team when the media showed up. rookie spencer johnson who had 8 tackles sunday practiced with the starting squad. anyone see hovan being replaced by this rook? anyone feel that hovan wont be a viking next year? or is this a ploy by tice to get hovan motivated? when is the last time that you need to motivate a professional? isnt that part of be a pro? a self starter, quick learner, yadda yadda yadda.

I don't think Hovan will be a Vike next year. In his contract year, he will want more than he is worth, (IMO) and for that, he will shop around. Maybe if there is no real interest, he will resign with Minnesota for a modest deal....but I doubt it.

GreenBaySlackers
11-20-2004, 12:47 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=citadel-2_321185_63&prov=citadel&type=lgns

Hovan has the flu

snowinapril
11-20-2004, 01:02 PM
"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=citadel-2_321185_63&prov=citadel&type=lgns

Hovan has the flu

I love your signature!!!!!!!!!!!

dan3ski
11-20-2004, 01:26 PM
Vikings update also reports Hovan and another player have the flu so i guess it is confirmed.

Freya
11-20-2004, 02:30 PM
A start for Hovan might have been questionable even before he got sick and was sent home friday. The rookie DT Spencer Johnson worked with the first team all week. No one has said which one would start for Sundays game.

GreenBaySlackers
11-20-2004, 02:39 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:

Hovan has the flu

I love your signature!!!!!!!!!!!

Gracias

Freya
11-21-2004, 07:41 AM
Latest article has Johnson expected to start this week.
A source has said that Hovan is putting his house up for sale and it is likely that he will continue his career somewhere other than in Minnesota.

TheAnimal93
11-21-2004, 09:45 AM
thanks for the 411 freya.........i knew that he wasnt happy or something is going on besides him being the usual beast that he is.

VikingsTw
11-21-2004, 11:45 AM
"enlvikeman" wrote:

I also heard something about him having a vaginal infection. I could be wrong though.

I hope that was a joke!

LosAngelis
11-21-2004, 11:57 AM
"enlvikeman" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

I may have found the perfect team for Hovan.

http://www.flagmag.com/FlagMagGirls/Columbus03States/Photos/girlsaction8.jpg

cajunvike
11-23-2004, 12:06 AM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

"enlvikeman" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

I may have found the perfect team for Hovan.

http://www.flagmag.com/FlagMagGirls/Columbus03States/Photos/girlsaction8.jpg

Hey, I'll play...where do I sign up?

Vikes
11-23-2004, 01:08 AM
"vikes can do" wrote:

Hovan is the little Viking. I hate to see us lose him.

cheesefree
11-23-2004, 01:14 AM
"vikingstw" wrote:

"enlvikeman" wrote:

I hope that was a joke!

LOL

hawaiianvike21
11-23-2004, 03:31 AM
Now that hovan has done basically nothing, im all for getting rid of him and drafting a stud dt in this years draft. Hovan was a good player but has lost his touch from his 2002 form where he would just penetrate the backfield many times. He'll be lucky if he touches the qb these days.

I somewhat wont miss him if he goes.

WaltzingMewelde
11-23-2004, 07:01 AM
This might be just rumor, but i have heard from 3 different people that went to Boston College while he was there and all of them said that he was big on doing juice. One of these people that told me that was a former roommate of mine who played hockey for BC.

I just recently moved around the BC area and there is a lot of young alum here. In the 3 months that i have been here...i have heard that same accusation 2 more times from former students of BC.

Like i said, it's most likely just rumor, but it does make sense. the guy's numbers have fallen off and his motor is no where near the same.

TheAnimal93
11-23-2004, 07:10 AM
hovan didnt start sunday vs the lions and his streak of consecutive starts came to and end with 69. he played fifteen plays, posting a half-tackle. i would say the writing is on the wall. its a shame, johnny randle was his idol, and he played like him for a while. i am sure that hovan is more disappointed in his own play than we are, but close. lol

Pirate
11-23-2004, 06:14 PM
He can be our new Lurtsema and play 3rd down pass rusher.

cajunvike
11-23-2004, 06:21 PM
"WaltzingMewelde" wrote:

This might be just rumor, but i have heard from 3 different people that went to Boston College while he was there and all of them said that he was big on doing juice. One of these people that told me that was a former roommate of mine who played hockey for BC.

I just recently moved around the BC area and there is a lot of young alum here. In the 3 months that i have been here...i have heard that same accusation 2 more times from former students of BC.

Like i said, it's most likely just rumor, but it does make sense. the guy's numbers have fallen off and his motor is no where near the same.

There is probably some truth to the "juice" rumor...look at what happened to Giambi in NY (mysterious illness, my ass...he was suffering from withdrawals from the juice). Many players have fallen off because of the crackdowns, so it is not out of the realm that Hovan is also one of them. I hope that is not the case here, and that somehow Hovan gets back to his 2002 form, but he is not making a case for himself this year. I say that we draft the stud DT next year, let Hovan come back (if he is willing to play for less money) and see who gets the starting job!

VikingsTw
11-23-2004, 07:43 PM
"WaltzingMewelde" wrote:

Very interesting story, for two years the dude was relentluss and he was jumping off the line of scrimage like a freak'n beast. He was strong, he bull dozing people, run stopping, then it all stops last year. Makes you wonder :scratch: . When i saw some interviews with him when he was a rookie he looked very punk rockish, all the spikes and stuff, I remeber him saying he likes ACID MUSIC???

cheesefree
11-24-2004, 12:26 AM
"vikes can do" wrote:

hovan didnt start sunday vs the lions and his streak of consecutive starts came to and end with 69. he played fifteen plays, posting a half-tackle. i would say the writing is on the wall. its a shame, johnny randle was his idol, and he played like him for a while. i am sure that hovan is more disappointed in his own play than we are, but close. lol

His dropoff in play certainly isn't helping his case for big $$$ when he becomes a free agent.