PDA

View Full Version : This is one smart Yahoo football analyst...

shockzilla
11-18-2004, 07:22 PM
Charles Robinson, of Yahoo! Sports, has this to say about the Vikings and the Packers in the NFC, and I quote:

"THE NFC BUBBLE

Minnesota Vikings (5-4). The schedule slightly favors them over Green Bay, plus they get the Packers at home. While we're skeptical of Randy Moss ever being healthy again this season (hamstrings are serious for speed receivers), the Vikings have plenty of other offensive options left. That defense is still a big, big concern, but they'll have enough to hold off Green Bay.
Final record: 10-6 and in as the NFC North champion.

Green Bay Packers (5-4). They might be a better overall team than Minnesota when the season ends, but they did too much damage to themselves early. Now that Mike Sherman is calling plays and the offense is flowing through a complementary balance of Brett Favre and Ahman Green, the Packers look like a deserving playoff team. They'll eek in despite a mediocre defense.
Final record: 9-7 and in as an NFC wild card. "

What do you cheeseheads have to say about THAT??!!

Shock

superior230bartime
11-18-2004, 08:16 PM
"shockzilla" wrote:

Charles Robinson, of Yahoo! Sports, has this to say about the Vikings and the Packers in the NFC, and I quote:

"THE NFC BUBBLE

Minnesota Vikings (5-4). The schedule slightly favors them over Green Bay, plus they get the Packers at home. While we're skeptical of Randy Moss ever being healthy again this season (hamstrings are serious for speed receivers), the Vikings have plenty of other offensive options left. That defense is still a big, big concern, but they'll have enough to hold off Green Bay.
Final record: 10-6 and in as the NFC North champion.

Green Bay Packers (5-4). They might be a better overall team than Minnesota when the season ends, but they did too much damage to themselves early. Now that Mike Sherman is calling plays and the offense is flowing through a complementary balance of Brett Favre and Ahman Green, the Packers look like a deserving playoff team. They'll eek in despite a mediocre defense.
Final record: 9-7 and in as an NFC wild card. "

What do you cheeseheads have to say about THAT??!!

Shock

Not much. Just another case of people on this board thinking the media is right and loving them when they say something positive about the Vikings while anything negative stirs up hatred and is said to be lies. Personally, i couldn't care less what Charles Robinson has to say whether it is positive or negative towards the Packers.

shockzilla
11-18-2004, 08:23 PM
If you'll look over my post a few times, I don't think the words "I think this guy is right" or anything similar to that is mentioned anywhere. We'll see who's crying in their beer come Christmas Day and playoff time (here's a hint: I don't drink alcohol, I'm diabetic).

Thanks for your opinion, though...

PhxFan
11-18-2004, 08:41 PM
Final record: 10-6

We're gonna lose again http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/fragend/confused-smiley-006.gif

DemonicViking
11-18-2004, 10:24 PM
I'm not expecting that loss to occur come Christmas Eve, who do you suppose will be weeping in their egg nog then?

snowinapril
11-19-2004, 01:03 AM
Finally, a reporter with some sense.

Foreman44
11-19-2004, 01:49 AM
I see both the Vikings and Packers going 10-6 which is going to make beating the Pack totally essential on X-Mas Eve and these upcoming division games against the Lions and Bears very important. Thus, I hope that the 2 losses that I am forseeing will not be against either of those teams.

GBMiah
11-19-2004, 11:51 PM
I agree, I was discussing this with my brother the other day, I see the Vikings and Packers finishing at 10-6 both definitely making the playoffs. from there, who knows. But both teams will be there, the NFC is weak as hell this year. Philly 8-1 Atlanta 7-2 and a bunch other teams at 5-4. parity, wow.

VKG4LFE
11-20-2004, 09:49 AM
Hell I think a team will get in the playoffs in the NFC with a 9-7 record. The NFC is really down this year, it's pretty sad actually!!