PDA

View Full Version : Tarvaris Jackson:The Checklist

thevikingfan
09-09-2007, 01:20 AM
http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_6833597

What two small-college quarterbacks Phil Simms (Morehead State) and Ron Jaworski (Youngstown State) think are essentials for Tarvaris Jackson to succeed this season:

gregair13
09-09-2007, 01:26 AM
i hope he throws touchdowns passes

audioghost
09-09-2007, 01:41 AM
GO VIKES!!!!

8)

Peace Out

StillPurple
09-09-2007, 01:59 AM
Tarvaris just needs to "play within himself". This is not a team or an offense that will require him to make Elway-like drives (as if he could). I am o.k. with Tarvaris "driving the bus", and letting our running game and our defense win games. From everything I have seen, Childress has built this team "from the inside out", i.e. from the line and running backs first, and then the QB and WRs. I think the "plan" is for our QB to develop over a couple years. The Vikings are one of the few teams that do this (develop a QB over multiple seasons). I am not sure if that is good or bad, to be honest. Obviously, if it works this year, everyone will say, "it worked".

Overlord
09-09-2007, 04:36 AM
"gregair13" wrote:

There was some article posted the other day where they talked about Tarvaris calling Peyton Manning for advice.
I'm sure Peyton told him the same thing you did:
"You're going to want to try and throw about 40-45 TDs this season... Definately don't throw more than 10 INTs.
Those are bad so don't do that.
You do that and you'll be okay."

That's great advice right there.

Marrdro
09-09-2007, 08:44 AM
"StillPurple" wrote:

Tarvaris just needs to "play within himself". This is not a team or an offense that will require him to make Elway-like drives (as if he could). I am o.k. with Tarvaris "driving the bus", and letting our running game and our defense win games. From everything I have seen, Childress has built this team "from the inside out", i.e. from the line and running backs first, and then the QB and WRs. I think the "plan" is for our QB to develop over a couple years. The Vikings are one of the few teams that do this (develop a QB over multiple seasons). I am not sure if that is good or bad, to be honest. Obviously, if it works this year, everyone will say, "it worked".

You are a wise man my friend.
;D

Purple Floyd
09-09-2007, 09:28 AM
"Overlord" wrote:

"gregair13" wrote:

There was some article posted the other day where they talked about Tarvaris calling Peyton Manning for advice.
I'm sure Peyton told him the same thing you did:
"You're going to want to try and throw about 40-45 TDs this season... Definately don't throw more than 10 INTs.
Those are bad so don't do that.
You do that and you'll be okay."

That's great advice right there.

And he also added that TJ should do about 300 commercials a year so people recognize him and get a chance to see the hidden comedian in him

PurpleTide
09-09-2007, 09:58 AM
Don't be surprised if the first play from scrimmage with the box stacked is a pass. Wade or Sidney, or T-Will on a slant. Then we'll settle into Viking football, with a power running game and a scary defense allowing us to win field position, and create some short field oppurtunities with takeaway's. We are gonna pound em, stop the run and get after Harrington.

Tarvaris just has to play within Chilli's offense, and let the talent around him do the work. Stars on the rise today: T-Jack, Wade, CT, AD, T-Will, Shiancoe, and the whole dang defense.

carta4eva
09-09-2007, 11:10 AM
protect the football baby! the running game and DEFENSE will take care of the rest

Purple Floyd
09-09-2007, 11:20 AM
DON'T HOLD HIM BACK

Phil Simms: "I saw him this preseason, twice, and I thought he looked good in both. But I was a little disappointed, because it was guarded. I would have liked to have seen him play a game where they threw it 30 or 40 times.

"They didn't let him go during the preseason, so I doubt they'll let him throw it to win during the regular season."

I hope this isn't the case.

Purple Floyd
11-03-2013, 08:09 AM
Re: Tarvaris Jackson:The Checklist

DON'T HOLD HIM BACK

Phil Simms: "I saw him this preseason, twice, and I thought he looked good in both. But I was a little disappointed, because it was guarded. I would have liked to have seen him play a game where they threw it 30 or 40 times.

"They didn't let him go during the preseason, so I doubt they'll let him throw it to win during the regular season."

I hope this isn't the case.

With this team it seems the more things change, the more they stay the same.Different Coach, Different QB, Same preseason mentality and the same problems during the season.

Minniman
11-03-2013, 09:33 AM
With this team it seems the more things change, the more they stay the same.Different Coach, Different QB, Same preseason mentality and the same problems during the season.
The Frazier regime is just an extension of the failed Childress regime. Many of the same coaches are in place, and both the offensive and defensive schemes are just about the same.

When Frazier was hired, the first thing he did was say that the offensive philosophy will be the same as it was under Childress: run first. He then hired a discredited offensive coordinator that had that run first philosophy. Musgrave even had the KAO trick plays ready to end drives with wasted downs.

Preseason with Tarvaris Jackson and Christian Ponder were about the same. Limited play meant limited experience. The Vikings treated these young quarterbacks like eight year veterans. Now Spielman says he can evaluate Josh Freeman without seeing the quarterback in live games.

Tad7
11-03-2013, 01:09 PM
I'll still take T-Jack

MaxVike
11-03-2013, 02:07 PM
I'll still take T-Jack

Serenity now...:beatupchickensmall:

skum
11-03-2013, 04:53 PM
Wish we had T-Jack, we would have a chance to win a game for once.

Reignman
11-03-2013, 08:29 PM
I wish we still had Childress and Bevell, but not that stupid defensive coordinator we had.

singersp
11-03-2013, 09:12 PM

They did let him pass during regular season.

He completed 8 of 9 passes, had 129 passing yards & scored 2 TD's in just over 1 quarter of play. It took Ponder 2 games to score 2 TD's this year. Yup, Ponder is that bad.

Caine
11-03-2013, 09:20 PM
Really? You guys want Chiller and Bevell And Jackson back? Are you friggin DELUSIONAL!?!?!?!? Are you suffering under the mistaken belief that mediocrity and disappointment are better than this short-lived depression?

Sooner or later (I'm betting on after the season) Frazier will be gone. Likely, Ponder and Freeman will be too. That means that Williams (DC) and Musgrave (OC) are gone too.

All we need after that is for the Wilfs to sell me the team (cuz those morons will just keep screwing it up) and we're BACK ON TRACK BITCHES!!!!!

Caine

Reignman
11-06-2013, 11:36 AM
Really? You guys want Chiller and Bevell And Jackson back? Are you friggin DELUSIONAL!?!?!?!? Are you suffering under the mistaken belief that mediocrity and disappointment are better than this short-lived depression?

Sooner or later (I'm betting on after the season) Frazier will be gone. Likely, Ponder and Freeman will be too. That means that Williams (DC) and Musgrave (OC) are gone too.

All we need after that is for the Wilfs to sell me the team (cuz those morons will just keep screwing it up) and we're BACK ON TRACK BITCHES!!!!!

CaineI don't think we're being serious, we're just trying to put into perspective how bad or how much we dislike Frazier. If they made me choose between Childress and Frazier, without hesitation I'd say bring Childress back immediately. I was against giving Frazier the head job to begin with and had I known Frazier and co would be this bad, I would have begged Wilf to keep Childress. Again if those were my only 2 options.

Caine
11-08-2013, 08:33 PM
I don't think we're being serious, we're just trying to put into perspective how bad or how much we dislike Frazier. If they made me choose between Childress and Frazier, without hesitation I'd say bring Childress back immediately. I was against giving Frazier the head job to begin with and had I known Frazier and co would be this bad, I would have begged Wilf to keep Childress. Again if those were my only 2 options.

Hells bells, I would choose to cheer for another team given those as my only two options....

...anyone but the Packers...

Caine