03-06-2002, 11:14 AM

Daunteman
03-07-2002, 05:03 AM

Webby

Webby
Gotta like tice...a few quotes:

"They deserve the opportunity to see what their value is on the street," Tice said of the Vikings' free agents. "All I ask is that they give me the last shot [to match an offer]. And if we can't compete, I'll tell you."

"Four out of five games last year in which we threw the ball in Randy's direction 40 percent or more, we won," Tice said. "Randy feels like he can control the ball, the flow of the game. And that study, to me, proved it."

"The style of offense we're going to run is pretty simple," Tice said. "It's Joe Gibbs' philosophy. It's count the box. If it's advantageous to run the ball, hand the thing off. If it's not, throw the thing. . . . That's where the quarterback comes in. He controls the line of scrimmage, literally. And when I say Daunte needs to be a better student of the game, that's what I mean."

****"I'm not going to treat Randy differently, or have a separate set of rules for Randy," Tice said. "There is going to be one set of rules."****

No Pandering to the players...what a coach should be...he's not your buddy, he's there to lead the team.

davike
03-27-2007, 10:15 PM
"Webby" wrote:

Gotta like tice...a few quotes:

"They deserve the opportunity to see what their value is on the street," Tice said of the Vikings' free agents. "All I ask is that they give me the last shot [to match an offer]. And if we can't compete, I'll tell you."

"Four out of five games last year in which we threw the ball in Randy's direction 40 percent or more, we won," Tice said. "Randy feels like he can control the ball, the flow of the game. And that study, to me, proved it."

"The style of offense we're going to run is pretty simple," Tice said. "It's Joe Gibbs' philosophy. It's count the box. If it's advantageous to run the ball, hand the thing off. If it's not, throw the thing. . . . That's where the quarterback comes in. He controls the line of scrimmage, literally. And when I say Daunte needs to be a better student of the game, that's what I mean."

****"I'm not going to treat Randy differently, or have a separate set of rules for Randy," Tice said. "There is going to be one set of rules."****

No Pandering to the players...what a coach should be...he's not your buddy, he's there to lead the team.

I never knew Webby was such a Tice fan.

mr.woo
03-27-2007, 10:21 PM
the sad truth is we all were at one time or another...... and some of us still are.