PDA

View Full Version : real depth chart

catlikethief22
09-07-2007, 01:07 AM
okay so does anyone know what the actual depth chart is for sundays game? because the depth chart on the vikings site doesnt really seem right to me but i cant find anything else on it.

marcosMN
09-07-2007, 01:13 AM
The depth chart on their site is about as official as it gets.

It may be tweaked a bit leading up to game time.

davike
09-07-2007, 01:16 AM
Just about every site I looked at has a different one. The Vikings site one looks pretty much like I thought it would. What doesn't look right about it?

catlikethief22
09-07-2007, 01:24 AM
i dunno like kleiny over shiancoe

davike
09-07-2007, 01:30 AM
"catlikethief22" wrote:

i dunno like kleiny over shiancoe

That doesn't mean a whole lot at this point. Wasn't Kleiny over Wiggans last year?

catlikethief22
09-07-2007, 01:33 AM
yeah i guess your right i just looked at it again and it looks pretty legit. i hope shiancoe starts over kleiny tho. kleiny hasnt really impressed me the past few years........

marcosMN
09-07-2007, 01:37 AM
"catlikethief22" wrote:

yeah i guess your right i just looked at it again and it looks pretty legit. i hope shiancoe starts over kleiny tho. kleiny hasnt really impressed me the past few years........

Shiancoe won't start but looks to be 1st option for a pass-catching TE.

Seeing as we have 2 good rb's, it would make sense that the starting TE is more of a blocker than a receiver.

davike
09-07-2007, 01:37 AM
"catlikethief22" wrote:

Shiancoe will still get more passes thrown at him then Kleiny regardless of who "starts". The only reason they keep Kleiny around is for his blocking ability.

davike
09-07-2007, 01:38 AM
Lol....good post Sno...you beat me to it
;)

marcosMN
09-07-2007, 01:39 AM
"davike" wrote:

Lol....good post Sno...you beat me to it
;)

Great minds think alike.
8)

Marrdro
09-07-2007, 08:51 AM
I still don't see why everyone gets wrapped around the axel (so to speak) over who starts and who doesn't.

Just about everybody (Except maybe the QB) will rotate in and out depending on situations/down and distance.

Who cares who starts, really?

davike
09-07-2007, 08:58 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

I still don't see why everyone gets wrapped around the axel (so to speak) over who starts and who doesn't.

Just about everybody (Except maybe the QB) will rotate in and out depending on situations/down and distance.

Who cares who starts, really?

But not in Madden
;)

Thats exactly right....we do probably get wayyy to caught up in something like first and second on the depth chart when it doesn't really matter for most positions.

marstc09
09-07-2007, 04:55 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/depth-chart/MIN

This is a pretty good spot for updated depth charts.

COJOMAY
09-07-2007, 05:25 PM
I read an article in the Tribune (it's posted on this site somewhere) that Shank has kind of "dropped off the radar" and Klink is the man.

BloodyHorns82
09-07-2007, 05:39 PM
I hope we didn't pay Shank all that money just to come in a few plays a game with the hopes of throwing him the ball.
Can't Shank block or what?

CT29
09-07-2007, 06:02 PM
i wanted AP to start at running back but it would have happend

V-Unit
09-07-2007, 07:00 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

I read an article in the Tribune (it's posted on this site somewhere) that Shank has kind of "dropped off the radar" and Klink is the man.

I hate to say it but I saw this coming all along. Shank just has not impressed at all. If you still think he is a new "weapon" which will be used to stretch the field...well, you may still be right, but he hasn't shown anything in his NFL career to suggest he is anything more than a solid backup.

Marrdro
09-07-2007, 07:10 PM
"V" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

I hate to say it but I saw this coming all along. Shank just has not impressed at all. If you still think he is a new "weapon" which will be used to stretch the field...well, you may still be right, but he hasn't shown anything in his NFL career to suggest he is anything more than a solid backup.

What TE did stand out during pre-season?
I don't think any of them were really used for passing were they?

V-Unit
09-07-2007, 07:24 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"V" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

One TE has the role of providing great blocking and running underneath routes, providing a safety valve for the QB. The other was brought in to stretch the field vertically and be a good blocker as well. Let's just say I think the former will be better in his role.

Come on Marr, if Shank was doing what we brought him in to do, do you really think he would have been so damn silent during camp and preseason? Look at how Wade came in. He took a kind of leadership role even though he is pretty young, and developed a rapport with TJ. He was all over the news in Minny during camp. Has Shiancoe done anything close to this?

He still has a chance to redeem himself, but people were speaking here like Shiancoe would be a great passing option for TJ, and also one who could block well enough that Sauce would never see the field. People were talking about trading Kleinsasser because we got this guy, yet Sauce is going to start, or at least see plenty of playing time. I don't know what else is needed to say he has underacheived/disappointed up to this point.

Marrdro
09-07-2007, 07:30 PM
"V" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"V" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

One TE has the role of providing great blocking and running underneath routes, providing a safety valve for the QB. The other was brought in to stretch the field vertically and be a good blocker as well. Let's just say I think the former will be better in his role.

Come on Marr, if Shank was doing what we brought him in to do, do you really think he would have been so gol 'darnit silent during camp and preseason? Look at how Wade came in. He took a kind of leadership role even though he is pretty young, and developed a rapport with TJ. He was all over the news in Minny during camp. Has Shiancoe done anything close to this?

He still has a chance to redeem himself, but people were speaking here like Shiancoe would be a great passing option for TJ, and also one who could block well enough that Sauce would never see the field. People were talking about trading Kleinsasser because we got this guy, yet Sauce is going to start, or at least see plenty of playing time. I don't know what else is needed to say he has underacheived/disappointed up to this point.

I wasn't disagreeing with you my friend.
As a matter of fact I am agreeing with everything you said and then just posted.

As a matter of fact, I am speculating (heavens forbid) that maybe they don't have a plan to use him.

Can't believe I just typed that.
;D

V-Unit
09-07-2007, 07:34 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"V" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"V" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

Come on Marr, if Shank was doing what we brought him in to do, do you really think he would have been so gol 'darnit silent during camp and preseason? Look at how Wade came in. He took a kind of leadership role even though he is pretty young, and developed a rapport with TJ. He was all over the news in Minny during camp. Has Shiancoe done anything close to this?

As a matter of fact I am agreeing with everything you said and then just posted.

As a matter of fact, I am speculating (heavens forbid) that maybe they don't have a plan to use him.

;D

The new Marrdro cracks easy. You better fix that or I'm going to shoot holes in your posts all season.

Marrdro
09-07-2007, 07:35 PM
"V" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"V" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"V" wrote:

;D

The new Marrdro cracks easy. You better fix that or I'm going to shoot holes in your posts all season.

Did I ever tell you that you crack me up.
;D

purplepat
09-07-2007, 09:15 PM
A couple of opinions regarding Shiancoe...

Shiancoe hasn't exactly shown great hands with the Vikings (yet).
I don't know what to say about his blocking as I didn't see him that much in the preseason games, but I think it's generally agreed around the NFL that Kleinsasser is about as fine a blocking TE as exists in the NFL.
To this point, I think Naufahu Tahi has outplayed Shiancoe.
Now, maybe that isn't a fair comparison, as Tahi is a FB and Shiancoe is a TE.
But Tahi has done more when his number is called to impress me than Shiancoe has.
Tahi has soft hands, is tough, and looks like he may be playing a bunch of 3rd down plays as a blocker and safety valve for TJack.

Secondly, for all the hoopla when we signed Shiancoe about being a "downfield receiving threat TE", that didn't stop Childress from going out and signing Garrett Mills off waivers from the Patriots.
Hmm, Mills is a downfield receiving TE threat...
Think there could be a reason that the Vikings grabbed him?
Like just perhaps, Shiancoe may not be all that Childress thought he was, or would be?

CT29
09-07-2007, 09:22 PM
with having two great back taylor and peterson what do we do? are they sharing time? will taylor mostly play? If so when will peterson come in to start? will he start?

Vikes_King
09-07-2007, 09:50 PM
screw the "skill" positions.

hicks is starting over herrera? hmm.. last i heard the coaches were liking what they saw from herrera and hicks was the same old same old from last year and has done little to improve since.
Theres been a lot of talk about how herrera has that mean edge to him.. we'll see :)