PDA

View Full Version : Stadium: ‘We’ll get back to that another day’

singersp
09-06-2007, 07:10 AM
Stadium: ‘We’ll get back to that another day’ (http://www.wctrib.com/articles/index.cfm?id=24106&section=homepage)

Linda Vanderwerf West Central Tribune
Published Thursday, September 06, 2007

WILLMAR — The Minnesota Vikings still want a new stadium someday, but they don’t want to talk about that right now......

vikingivan
09-06-2007, 07:17 AM
It would have made a lot more sense to build one stadium for the Gophers and Vikings.
I wonder why they could never get that worked out.

Zeus
09-06-2007, 07:20 AM
"singersp" wrote:

Stadium: ‘We’ll get back to that another day’ (http://www.wctrib.com/articles/index.cfm?id=24106&section=homepage)

Linda Vanderwerf West Central Tribune
Published Thursday, September 06, 2007

WILLMAR — The Minnesota Vikings still want a new stadium someday, but they don’t want to talk about that right now......

Nice headline there (and I know, Singer, that you are just echoing the article).

The "stadium" talk in this article is basically non-existant.

=Z=

BadlandsVikings
09-06-2007, 09:02 AM
"vikingivan" wrote:

It would have made a lot more sense to build one stadium for the Gophers and Vikings.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Vikings played in the Gophers new stadium for awhile.

CCthebest
09-06-2007, 09:17 AM
Winning games, winning the division and winning a few playoff game would certainly help the new stadium. Having another losing season wont. Hopefully the Wolfes see this.

COJOMAY
09-06-2007, 09:51 AM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"vikingivan" wrote:

Wouldn't surprise me if the Vikings played in the Gophers new stadium for awhile.

I think you are right BLV! We will see the Vikes "outdoors" again until either the Metrodomb is converted or rebuilt.
I liked this tidbit in the article, too:

Spielman asked fans to hang on to that loyalty while the team continues to rebuild its roster. “It’s something special, and it’s going to come, I promise you that, but you’ve got to be patient,” he said.