PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin fans smarter than Minnesota fans



fan4favre
11-17-2004, 12:37 AM
Read it and weep Minnesotans.


http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/package.jsp?name=fte/smartstates/smartstates


Let's not formulate any lame excuses over this.

:tongue:

VikingsTw
11-17-2004, 12:44 AM
Weep over three spots lower, I would happy if my state was 7 out of 50.


By the way, I live in New Mexico but i'm from Arizona. The drop out rates, the education in the schools, the violence in small towns is crazy. Not the smartest people in NM, I could get into specifics as to why but i'm not gonna afend anyone here.

snowinapril
11-17-2004, 12:44 AM
All the educated people in Wisconsin cheer for the Vikes

All the uneducated people in Minnesota route for the Packers and the Bears because it is equally unintelligable.

cheesefree
11-17-2004, 01:51 AM
"fan4favre" wrote:

Read it and weep Minnesotans.

Let's not formulate any lame excuses over this.

:tongue:

No problem. You live in Texas. Texas is #33 on your list. Your SN is fan4favre. That just about explains everything, we have no need to formulate excuses about you.

Kleinsasser40
11-17-2004, 02:37 AM
Did you read how those scores were measured bud? They put other things into the equation like school violence, class size,and student-teacher ratios. I am studying to be a research psychologist, and one of the things I learned is to always make sure there are no confounding variables to take awawy validity of your surveying. In you case with your argument you completely misplaced this "study" and they clearly mistitled it. If I brought this article to my research methods psych teacher he would flip out (and no he doesn't carea bout the order of the states) from the discription given the study doesn't really measure anything specific at all. It kinda just takes a bunch of school variables, throws them in a pot, and you come up with some ranking from that without really knowing what it means...don't believe everything you see or read is true bud, no matter what they tell you down in Texas...

cajunvike
11-17-2004, 03:27 AM
"Kleinsasser40" wrote:

Did you read how those scores were measured bud? They put other things into the equation like school violence, class size,and student-teacher ratios. I am studying to be a research psychologist, and one of the things I learned is to always make sure there are no confounding variables to take awawy validity of your surveying. In you case with your argument you completely misplaced this "study" and they clearly mistitled it. If I brought this article to my research methods psych teacher he would flip out (and no he doesn't carea bout the order of the states) from the discription given the study doesn't really measure anything specific at all. It kinda just takes a bunch of school variables, throws them in a pot, and you come up with some ranking from that without really knowing what it means...don't believe everything you see or read is true bud, no matter what they tell you down in Texas...

Tell 'em, K40...what most people don't realize is that you can pretty much get any result you want if you put in the necessary data...like they say, GIGO (garbage in, garbage out)!

hawaiianvike21
11-17-2004, 03:49 AM
Damn my state sucks but im suprised we arent dead last. :lol: Too much violence and dropouts happen here. Also grade average for the state is also below national average.

owensforpres
11-17-2004, 07:03 AM
haha wisconsin is smarter than us omg they got cheese and taxidermy houses in one. how smart ids that?

fan4favre
11-17-2004, 07:45 AM
"cheesefree" wrote:

"fan4favre" wrote:

Read it and weep Minnesotans.

Let's not formulate any lame excuses over this.

:tongue:

No problem. You live in Texas. Texas is #33 on your list. Your SN is fan4favre. That just about explains everything, we have no need to formulate excuses about you.

Born and raised in Wisconsin however.

fan4favre
11-17-2004, 07:52 AM
"Kleinsasser40" wrote:

Did you read how those scores were measured bud? They put other things into the equation like school violence, class size,and student-teacher ratios. I am studying to be a research psychologist, and one of the things I learned is to always make sure there are no confounding variables to take awawy validity of your surveying. In you case with your argument you completely misplaced this "study" and they clearly mistitled it. If I brought this article to my research methods psych teacher he would flip out (and no he doesn't carea bout the order of the states) from the discription given the study doesn't really measure anything specific at all. It kinda just takes a bunch of school variables, throws them in a pot, and you come up with some ranking from that without really knowing what it means...don't believe everything you see or read is true bud, no matter what they tell you down in Texas...

Oh please, don't give me any excuses. A study is a study. Do I necessarily agree with the elements that comprise the results? No. This is a thread meant only to slow the madness here surrounding the "Education" level of Packer fans. For these results on this site.....seeing is believing!

:tongue:

cheesefree
11-17-2004, 08:31 AM
"fan4favre" wrote:



Born and raised in Wisconsin however.

Okay, but admitting to inbreeding and cheesefarming doesn't help your case any.

BodeVike
11-17-2004, 09:00 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

XTAP59
11-17-2004, 10:01 AM
"fan4favre" wrote:

Read it and weep Minnesotans.


http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/package.jsp?name=fte/smartstates/smartstates


Let's not formulate any lame excuses over this.

:tongue:

Well now there you go. You profile an entire set and believe everyone in that set is the same.

Kind of like saying every Green Bay QB is a drug addict just because Favre was. Thats not really looking at things correctly.

Kleinsasser40
11-17-2004, 10:01 AM
"fan4favre" wrote:

"Kleinsasser40" wrote:

Did you read how those scores were measured bud? They put other things into the equation like school violence, class size,and student-teacher ratios. I am studying to be a research psychologist, and one of the things I learned is to always make sure there are no confounding variables to take awawy validity of your surveying. In you case with your argument you completely misplaced this "study" and they clearly mistitled it. If I brought this article to my research methods psych teacher he would flip out (and no he doesn't carea bout the order of the states) from the discription given the study doesn't really measure anything specific at all. It kinda just takes a bunch of school variables, throws them in a pot, and you come up with some ranking from that without really knowing what it means...don't believe everything you see or read is true bud, no matter what they tell you down in Texas...

Oh please, don't give me any excuses. A study is a study. Do I necessarily agree with the elements that comprise the results? No. This is a thread meant only to slow the madness here surrounding the "Education" level of Packer fans. For these results on this site.....seeing is believing!

:tongue:

If you knew anything about studies, you would know that a study is not always a good valid study. What you are trying to prove is not what this study is aiming at. They are measuring three things at once, all of which we have no clue how they are weighted in their results. The three things this study bases its results on are the students, the teachers, and for some unknown reason, violence of the students. If it were merely a study looking at standardized scores, and GPAs and such then it would be a decent study. Instead they throw in those other variables to turn the study into junk. If you claim that Wisconsin is "smarter" than Minnesota you might want to dump your pride and agree with me, because your last post in which your contradict yourself, saying that you say you don't agree with the"elements that comprise the results, was not the most intelligible post.

:P

owensforpres
11-17-2004, 11:30 AM
if ya wanna know how i feel about wis just look at my personal gallery haha

snowinapril
11-17-2004, 11:39 AM
All it says to me is that the Viking fans in Wisconsin are slightly smarter than the Viking fans in Minnesota.

We can all ASS.U.ME that Packer Fans aren't educated and therefore would have been left out of the study all together.

I don't think that that is biased at all.

FAN4FARVE,

Are you going to the Game at Reliant this week?

ItalianStallion
11-17-2004, 12:26 PM
I always get a kick when someone from Minnesota or Wisconsin posts stuff like this saying: "look were smarter than you". I am sure if you go back in the posts you will find AT least 3 other instances when some "study" showed that either Minnesotans or Wisconsans are "smarter".

What disturbs me the most is that alot of people don't question the validity of their source.

In other news, Canadians are smarter on average nah-nah-nah-nah-nah.
:tongue:

:)

snowinapril
11-17-2004, 12:34 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

I always get a kick when someone from Minnesota or Wisconsin posts stuff like this saying: "look were smarter than you". I am sure if you go back in the posts you will find AT least 3 other instances when some "study" showed that either Minnesotans or Wisconsans are "smarter".

What disturbs me the most is that alot of people don't question the validity of their source.

In other news, Canadians are smarter on average nah-nah-nah-nah-nah.
:tongue:

:)

HA ha HA, very funny.

We are all STUPID

Caine
11-17-2004, 02:46 PM
"fan4favre" wrote:

"Kleinsasser40" wrote:

Did you read how those scores were measured bud? They put other things into the equation like school violence, class size,and student-teacher ratios. I am studying to be a research psychologist, and one of the things I learned is to always make sure there are no confounding variables to take awawy validity of your surveying. In you case with your argument you completely misplaced this "study" and they clearly mistitled it. If I brought this article to my research methods psych teacher he would flip out (and no he doesn't carea bout the order of the states) from the discription given the study doesn't really measure anything specific at all. It kinda just takes a bunch of school variables, throws them in a pot, and you come up with some ranking from that without really knowing what it means...don't believe everything you see or read is true bud, no matter what they tell you down in Texas...

Oh please, don't give me any excuses. A study is a study. Do I necessarily agree with the elements that comprise the results? No. This is a thread meant only to slow the madness here surrounding the "Education" level of Packer fans. For these results on this site.....seeing is believing!

:tongue:
OK, using your logic, I just did a study where I measured my tolerance for stupidity where it pertains to the fans of specific teams. What I found is this:

Most Annoying Fans:

1: Green Bay
2: Philadelphia
3: Dallas
4: New England (The ones who appeared miraculously over the last 3 years)
5: Green Bay (They really annoy me, so they made the list twice)

Since, as you say, "A study is a study", this one is just as valid as the one you linked.

I could easily do more studies - just in case you're curious.

Caine

VKG4LFE
11-17-2004, 09:10 PM
Apparently nobody in Milwaukee took this test! (no offense to milwaukeeans!)

fan4favre
11-17-2004, 10:21 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

All it says to me is that the Viking fans in Wisconsin are slightly smarter than the Viking fans in Minnesota.

We can all ASS.U.ME that Packer Fans aren't educated and therefore would have been left out of the study all together.

I don't think that that is biased at all.

FAN4FARVE,

Are you going to the Game at Reliant this week?

Yes I am and I can't wait. :sunny:

fan4favre
11-17-2004, 10:24 PM
"Caine" wrote:

"fan4favre" wrote:

"Kleinsasser40" wrote:

Did you read how those scores were measured bud? They put other things into the equation like school violence, class size,and student-teacher ratios. I am studying to be a research psychologist, and one of the things I learned is to always make sure there are no confounding variables to take awawy validity of your surveying. In you case with your argument you completely misplaced this "study" and they clearly mistitled it. If I brought this article to my research methods psych teacher he would flip out (and no he doesn't carea bout the order of the states) from the discription given the study doesn't really measure anything specific at all. It kinda just takes a bunch of school variables, throws them in a pot, and you come up with some ranking from that without really knowing what it means...don't believe everything you see or read is true bud, no matter what they tell you down in Texas...

Oh please, don't give me any excuses. A study is a study. Do I necessarily agree with the elements that comprise the results? No. This is a thread meant only to slow the madness here surrounding the "Education" level of Packer fans. For these results on this site.....seeing is believing!

:tongue:
OK, using your logic, I just did a study where I measured my tolerance for stupidity where it pertains to the fans of specific teams. What I found is this:

Most Annoying Fans:

1: Green Bay
2: Philadelphia
3: Dallas
4: New England (The ones who appeared miraculously over the last 3 years)
5: Green Bay (They really annoy me, so they made the list twice)

Since, as you say, "A study is a study", this one is just as valid as the one you linked.

I could easily do more studies - just in case you're curious.

Caine

Fire away and let's see what you come up with. Although, I don't understand why the Philly fans don't take a resounding first place in your order of fan annoyance.

fan4favre
11-17-2004, 11:09 PM
"Kleinsasser40" wrote:

"fan4favre" wrote:

"Kleinsasser40" wrote:

Did you read how those scores were measured bud? They put other things into the equation like school violence, class size,and student-teacher ratios. I am studying to be a research psychologist, and one of the things I learned is to always make sure there are no confounding variables to take awawy validity of your surveying. In you case with your argument you completely misplaced this "study" and they clearly mistitled it. If I brought this article to my research methods psych teacher he would flip out (and no he doesn't carea bout the order of the states) from the discription given the study doesn't really measure anything specific at all. It kinda just takes a bunch of school variables, throws them in a pot, and you come up with some ranking from that without really knowing what it means...don't believe everything you see or read is true bud, no matter what they tell you down in Texas...

Oh please, don't give me any excuses. A study is a study. Do I necessarily agree with the elements that comprise the results? No. This is a thread meant only to slow the madness here surrounding the "Education" level of Packer fans. For these results on this site.....seeing is believing!

:tongue:

If you knew anything about studies, you would know that a study is not always a good valid study. What you are trying to prove is not what this study is aiming at. They are measuring three things at once, all of which we have no clue how they are weighted in their results. The three things this study bases its results on are the students, the teachers, and for some unknown reason, violence of the students. If it were merely a study looking at standardized scores, and GPAs and such then it would be a decent study. Instead they throw in those other variables to turn the study into junk. If you claim that Wisconsin is "smarter" than Minnesota you might want to dump your pride and agree with me, because your last post in which your contradict yourself, saying that you say you don't agree with the"elements that comprise the results, was not the most intelligible post.

:P

Studies are relative to the elements incorporated into each. Now just because you refute some of those elements does not nullify the validity of the study. Who made you the resident expert in intelligence factors in any study whatsoever? As for contradicting myself, I scoff at your lack of analysis in "studying" my first post. I clearly qualified myself ahead of time by stating not to make any "excuses" for this article. That clearly shows that I already could understand the potential for some to refute the testing elements contained with the study itself. Hopefully you can catch up to my mindset here....

ItalianStallion
11-17-2004, 11:13 PM
Hey fan4farve your a loser, now don't make any excuses.

Wow, that is iron-clad.

fan4favre
11-17-2004, 11:21 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

Hey fan4farve your a loser, now don't make any excuses.

Wow, that is iron-clad.

Only in your mind.....in realistic terms its weak aluminum.

cajunvike
11-17-2004, 11:30 PM
"fan4favre" wrote:

"Kleinsasser40" wrote:

"fan4favre" wrote:

"Kleinsasser40" wrote:

Did you read how those scores were measured bud? They put other things into the equation like school violence, class size,and student-teacher ratios. I am studying to be a research psychologist, and one of the things I learned is to always make sure there are no confounding variables to take awawy validity of your surveying. In you case with your argument you completely misplaced this "study" and they clearly mistitled it. If I brought this article to my research methods psych teacher he would flip out (and no he doesn't carea bout the order of the states) from the discription given the study doesn't really measure anything specific at all. It kinda just takes a bunch of school variables, throws them in a pot, and you come up with some ranking from that without really knowing what it means...don't believe everything you see or read is true bud, no matter what they tell you down in Texas...

Oh please, don't give me any excuses. A study is a study. Do I necessarily agree with the elements that comprise the results? No. This is a thread meant only to slow the madness here surrounding the "Education" level of Packer fans. For these results on this site.....seeing is believing!

:tongue:

If you knew anything about studies, you would know that a study is not always a good valid study. What you are trying to prove is not what this study is aiming at. They are measuring three things at once, all of which we have no clue how they are weighted in their results. The three things this study bases its results on are the students, the teachers, and for some unknown reason, violence of the students. If it were merely a study looking at standardized scores, and GPAs and such then it would be a decent study. Instead they throw in those other variables to turn the study into junk. If you claim that Wisconsin is "smarter" than Minnesota you might want to dump your pride and agree with me, because your last post in which your contradict yourself, saying that you say you don't agree with the"elements that comprise the results, was not the most intelligible post.

:P

Studies are relative to the elements incorporated into each. Now just because you refute some of those elements does not nullify the validity of the study. Who made you the resident expert in intelligence factors in any study whatsoever? As for contradicting myself, I scoff at your lack of analysis in "studying" my first post. I clearly qualified myself ahead of time by stating not to make any "excuses" for this article. That clearly shows that I already could understand the potential for some to refute the testing elements contained with the study itself. Hopefully you can catch up to my mindset here....

Read it and weep Minnesotans.


http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/package.jsp?name=fte/smartstates/smartstates


Let's not formulate any lame excuses over this.

Ok, the study is "valid"...however, I have commissioned a study that shows that Packer fans that post on Viking fan message boards are the stupidest fans in sports...Just so you know in advance, I am using criteria that will guarantee that my hypothesis will be correct...therefore, once I post the results (which I can predict with absolute accuracy right now), don't come on the board and try to formulate any lame excuses over this.

See what circular logic can do for any argument...it makes your statements correct no matter what you say...so you don't get a free pass for your preemptive statement that asks us not to refute what your favorite "study" concludes...it will get smacked from any and every angle that our select panel of experts can smack it from...just like the comments from our resident research psychologist. So get a grip, fool!

fan4favre
11-17-2004, 11:56 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"fan4favre" wrote:

"Kleinsasser40" wrote:

"fan4favre" wrote:

"Kleinsasser40" wrote:

Did you read how those scores were measured bud? They put other things into the equation like school violence, class size,and student-teacher ratios. I am studying to be a research psychologist, and one of the things I learned is to always make sure there are no confounding variables to take awawy validity of your surveying. In you case with your argument you completely misplaced this "study" and they clearly mistitled it. If I brought this article to my research methods psych teacher he would flip out (and no he doesn't carea bout the order of the states) from the discription given the study doesn't really measure anything specific at all. It kinda just takes a bunch of school variables, throws them in a pot, and you come up with some ranking from that without really knowing what it means...don't believe everything you see or read is true bud, no matter what they tell you down in Texas...

Oh please, don't give me any excuses. A study is a study. Do I necessarily agree with the elements that comprise the results? No. This is a thread meant only to slow the madness here surrounding the "Education" level of Packer fans. For these results on this site.....seeing is believing!

:tongue:

If you knew anything about studies, you would know that a study is not always a good valid study. What you are trying to prove is not what this study is aiming at. They are measuring three things at once, all of which we have no clue how they are weighted in their results. The three things this study bases its results on are the students, the teachers, and for some unknown reason, violence of the students. If it were merely a study looking at standardized scores, and GPAs and such then it would be a decent study. Instead they throw in those other variables to turn the study into junk. If you claim that Wisconsin is "smarter" than Minnesota you might want to dump your pride and agree with me, because your last post in which your contradict yourself, saying that you say you don't agree with the"elements that comprise the results, was not the most intelligible post.

:P

Studies are relative to the elements incorporated into each. Now just because you refute some of those elements does not nullify the validity of the study. Who made you the resident expert in intelligence factors in any study whatsoever? As for contradicting myself, I scoff at your lack of analysis in "studying" my first post. I clearly qualified myself ahead of time by stating not to make any "excuses" for this article. That clearly shows that I already could understand the potential for some to refute the testing elements contained with the study itself. Hopefully you can catch up to my mindset here....

Read it and weep Minnesotans.


http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/package.jsp?name=fte/smartstates/smartstates


Let's not formulate any lame excuses over this.

Ok, the study is "valid"...however, I have commissioned a study that shows that Packer fans that post on Viking fan message boards are the stupidest fans in sports...Just so you know in advance, I am using criteria that will guarantee that my hypothesis will be correct...therefore, once I post the results (which I can predict with absolute accuracy right now), don't come on the board and try to formulate any lame excuses over this.

See what circular logic can do for any argument...it makes your statements correct no matter what you say...so you don't get a free pass for your preemptive statement that asks us not to refute what your favorite "study" concludes...it will get smacked from any and every angle that our select panel of experts can smack it from...just like the comments from our resident research psychologist. So get a grip, fool!


You are correct that there have been some past posts by Packer fans here that are horrid. Broken sentences, poor grammar, misspelled words, etc, but that is true for both sides. I can also cite examples but will refrain from doing so since I am not a native fan of this site (borderline diplomacy here).

But as for a free pass regarding my "favorite" study ( *sic* ) that is not even remotely a credible statement that I will address.

Cajun....just when I almost have some respect for you, the slightest bit of respect gets snuffed out with a mediocre post as this. Sigh.....

Just for the record, if you were a Packer fan I would think you were pseudo cool (as far as cool goes).

cajunvike
11-18-2004, 12:18 AM
Whatever, dude! Your lack of respect for me is neither here nor there...the important thing is that I am gonna say what I want to say no matter what you or anyone else thinks. I am sure that many of your posts aren't the greatest either...and given the number of posts that I have posted so far, I am sure that I get a pass every now and again...if not, oh well!

fan4favre
11-18-2004, 10:40 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

Whatever, dude! Your lack of respect for me is neither here nor there...the important thing is that I am gonna say what I want to say no matter what you or anyone else thinks. I am sure that many of your posts aren't the greatest either...and given the number of posts that I have posted so far, I am sure that I get a pass every now and again...if not, oh well!

I just noticed a couple thousand posts in basically two months. How does one do that?

cajunvike
11-18-2004, 10:43 AM
"fan4favre" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

Whatever, dude! Your lack of respect for me is neither here nor there...the important thing is that I am gonna say what I want to say no matter what you or anyone else thinks. I am sure that many of your posts aren't the greatest either...and given the number of posts that I have posted so far, I am sure that I get a pass every now and again...if not, oh well!

I just noticed a couple thousand posts in basically two months. How does one do that?

By having a big mouth (figuratively, online) and by answering every post where you disagree with what the previous posters have said...when I first started here (I had never used a chat room or message board before), I was worried that I wouldn't have enough to say...guess that I was wrong!