PDA

View Full Version : Gameday inactives

FuadFan
09-04-2007, 07:08 PM
Which players do you think won't be playing when we start the season?
My take is

Kelly Holcomb
Naufahu Tahi
Garrett Mills
Chase Johnon
Erasmus James
Jayme Mitchell
Fred Evans
Tank Williams

COJOMAY
09-04-2007, 07:13 PM
I'm curious about Doss. I was looking for good things from him but I wonder if his injury isn't worse that people are letting on. Missed two pre-season games and two weeks of practice because of the "tweeked" muscle. That doesn't sound right but what do I know.

marcosMN
09-04-2007, 07:19 PM
I think Holcomb will be active if for nothing else than to be a yes-man for Chilly as he develops TJ.

After this preseason, I'm sure Childress doesn't want Jackson taking advice from Bollinger.

cajunvike
09-04-2007, 07:19 PM
"FuadFan" wrote:

My take is

Kelly Holcomb
Naufahu Tahi
Garrett Mills
Chase Johnon
Erasmus James
Jayme Mitchell
Fred Evans
Tank Williams

That's ALOT of inactives!!!

COJOMAY
09-04-2007, 07:25 PM
Now that I look at this post again, I'm confused...
The word "inactives" to me means that they won't be dressing because of injuries. You seem to be usiing the word "inactive" to mean not with the team. Why woould any of these players not be with the team. They have cut to their 53 man roster and all of these players should be dressing unless they are "inactive" due to injury.
What am I missing here?
???

FuadFan
09-04-2007, 07:36 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

Now that I look at this post again, I'm confused...
The word "inactives" to me means that they won't be dressing because of injuries. You seem to be usiing the word "inactive" to mean not with the team. Why woould any of these players not be with the team. They have cut to their 53 man roster and all of these players should be dressing unless they are "inactive" due to injury.
What am I missing here?
???

Before a game every team has to choose 8 of the 53 players on the roster to sit and not play in the game I am asking which of the players on our roster you think those eight will be and gave my opinion on who I think will.

COJOMAY
09-04-2007, 07:45 PM
See, I learn something every day. I never knew that! Thanks

FuadFan
09-09-2007, 12:21 PM
"FuadFan" wrote:

My take is

Kelly Holcomb
Naufahu Tahi
Garrett Mills
Chase Johnon
Erasmus James
Jayme Mitchell
Fred Evans
Tank Williams

Vikings | Week 1 Inactives
Sun, 9 Sep 2007 08:42:42 -0700

The Minnesota Vikings have declared OT Chase Johnson, DL Erasmus James, TE Garrett Mills, DL Jayme Mitchell, QB Kelly Holcomb, RB Mewelde Moore, FS Mike Doss, WR Robert Ferguson inactive for Week 1.

Well I got five right but damn I can't believe Tahi is active over Moore and that we only got four WRs going I thought Ferguson was going to be able to play.

cogitans
09-09-2007, 12:39 PM
James, Ferguson, Moore out (http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/?p=945)

September 9th, 2007 – 10:05 AM by Judd Zulgad

The Vikings’ two running backs will be Chester Taylor and Adrian Peterson. Aundrae Allison likely will return kicks and punts today.

DaVizzles
09-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Why does everyone hate Tahi?...I am kinda surprised Moore isnt active i thought he was gonna be our punt returner?

LuckyVike
09-09-2007, 12:52 PM
I'm not too happy seeing AP returning kicks.

cogitans
09-09-2007, 01:03 PM
I think it'll be exciting to see Tahi and find out what the coaches like so much about him.

And Lucky: It said Allison will handle all returns